NATION

PASSWORD

Game of Thrones: A Rite of Conquest (Concluded) [OOC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Blackledge
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 27, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Blackledge » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:04 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:Very well. Though the number of 3000 troops had a only listed for Aegon's First Test, which (I believe) occurred after he had landed and established the Aegonfort. He would've left some garrison at Dragonstone, Driftmark, Claw Isle and the Aegonfort, so I believe his total forces were higher than 3000. Also, Driftmark is the largest of the three islands, with two towns, so I believe it would have a larger number than 900. Though I'll agree 4000 is too high.

Edit: Also, I don't think Sunglass, Massey or Bar Emmon are sworn to him yet, so I don't think their forces were part of the 3000 in Aegons first test

The Masseys and Bar Emmons were with him when he landed. Sunglass isn't mentioned, and it could have been, but all we know is that by the time of the WotFK all they had to offer was three galleys.
Cattle die, kinsmen die, and so shall you die, too. But one thing I know that never dies: the fame of a dead man’s deeds.
A concise history of the Falklands War
The Commonwealth States of Blackledge
Factbook|Internal Matters|

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:08 pm

@Val

Regarding Steffon Darke, he was supposed to be a minor character in the last RP, I don't think I ever made a character app for him he just was filling the role of Westerosi Knight in the guards of Naerys. I was just hoping to make him a little more interesting by having him gain a minor backstory. He is on Dragonstone because of a minor dispute between him and one of the Darklyns. I didn't want to push to far as to say he was there to make an alliance with the Targaryens to free the Riverlands, which he would love to do, because I didn't want to step on the toes of anyone wishing to play as House Darklyn...

Hint..Hint.. all you custom House people out there.. House Darklyn holds the largest Westerosi Settlement on the Eastern Side of the Continent.. they are effectively a major power in this time period.. they had the misfortune of meeting the Dragon early however.

Edit: House Darklyn was also Kings as recently as 300 years ago before the second King of the Trident of House Justman decided to invade them.. Same for Mooton and Maidenpool too.
Last edited by Nuxipal on Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Blackledge
Ambassador

Postby Blackledge » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:29 pm

Nuxipal wrote:Hint..Hint.. all you custom House people out there.. House Darklyn holds the largest Westerosi Settlement on the Eastern Side of the Continent.. they are effectively a major power in this time period.. they had the misfortune of meeting the Dragon early however.

The largest after Gulltown and White Harbor. It is described as the "principal" port, but given its lack of numbers in terms of troops and complete absence of a navy, I would say we shouldn't confuse that as meaning "largest". It had value as a port given its location near the Blackwater Rush, in the same way Maidenpool does with the approaches to the Trident. But that area didn't actually *produce* anything of note, so it's clearly more for receiving from the Free Cities.

Given their stranglehold of the bay I'd actually have thought the towns on Driftmark would be bigger if AWOIAF didn't say otherwise.
Last edited by Blackledge on Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cattle die, kinsmen die, and so shall you die, too. But one thing I know that never dies: the fame of a dead man’s deeds.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:07 pm

Blackledge wrote:
Warg the Immortal wrote:Very well. Though the number of 3000 troops had a only listed for Aegon's First Test, which (I believe) occurred after he had landed and established the Aegonfort. He would've left some garrison at Dragonstone, Driftmark, Claw Isle and the Aegonfort, so I believe his total forces were higher than 3000. Also, Driftmark is the largest of the three islands, with two towns, so I believe it would have a larger number than 900. Though I'll agree 4000 is too high.

Edit: Also, I don't think Sunglass, Massey or Bar Emmon are sworn to him yet, so I don't think their forces were part of the 3000 in Aegons first test

The Masseys and Bar Emmons were with him when he landed. Sunglass isn't mentioned, and it could have been, but all we know is that by the time of the WotFK all they had to offer was three galleys.

Do you know somewhere that they're mentioned as being there. All I can find just mentions celtigar and velaryon
Keirsey Temperament: Mastermind/Architect (INTJ)
The Empire of Warg is a Class Z9 Nation
Emperor: Walker Alexander Ross Graves III
Crown Prince: Walker Alexander Ross Graves IV
Field Marshal: Valus Artyom Regulus Graves
Grandmaster of the Order of Algol: Booker Roland Oxley Graves
Pro: Libertarianism, LGBT, Abortion, Religious Freedom, Refugee Aid
Anti: Conservatism, Totalitarianism, SWERFs/TERFs, Theocracies
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

Collectivism score: 17%
Authoritarianism score: 17%
Internationalism score: 33%
Tribalism score: -67%
Liberalism score: 83%

Threat Level: ALPHA, BETA, GAMMA, DELTA, EPSILON

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:10 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:
Blackledge wrote:

Do you know somewhere that they're mentioned as being there. All I can find just mentions celtigar and velaryon

I figured it was just Velyaron, Celtigar, Sunglass and Targaryen. I've always assumed Sunglass is a Valyrian House.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:27 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:
Warg the Immortal wrote:Do you know somewhere that they're mentioned as being there. All I can find just mentions celtigar and velaryon

I figured it was just Velyaron, Celtigar, Sunglass and Targaryen. I've always assumed Sunglass is a Valyrian House.

Looking on their wiki page it seems they were made specifically to be zealous followers of the seven. I don't think they're valyrian. We don't see "two-word" valyrians surnames until branch houses like Blackfyre and Longwaters emerge.
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

Blackledge
Ambassador

Postby Blackledge » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:37 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:Do you know somewhere that they're mentioned as being there. All I can find just mentions celtigar and velaryon

Page 34 of A World of Ice and Fire. On paper they were sworn to Storm's End, but in reality their ties were closer to Dragonstone. When Aegon summoned his bannermen and allies, they came. You could read into it that they saw themselves as the former, the latter, or both. House Sunglass is small, its seat not even important enough to be noted on maps yet. They could have been another Blackwater Bay house that things in common with the Targaryens and rallied to them from the start (which could make sense since they're one of the principal houses sworn to Dragonstone later). Or they could be a johnny-come-lately.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:38 pm

Blackledge wrote:

Page 34 of A World of Ice and Fire. On paper they were sworn to Storm's End, but in reality their ties were closer to Dragonstone. When Aegon summoned his bannermen and allies, they came. You could read into it that they saw themselves as the former, the latter, or both. House Sunglass is small, its seat not even important enough to be noted on maps yet. They could have been another Blackwater Bay house that things in common with the Targaryens and rallied to them from the start (which could make sense since they're one of the principal houses sworn to Dragonstone later). Or they could be a johnny-come-lately.

Ah, that explains it. Don't have that book

Blackledge
Ambassador

Postby Blackledge » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:43 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:Ah, that explains it. Don't have that book

If you ever want me to check something, just let me know. It's a great read.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:52 pm

Hmm. No idea who I'll app for, so I guess time to go wiki-diving for interesting people.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:52 pm

Blackledge wrote:
Warg the Immortal wrote:Ah, that explains it. Don't have that book

Thank-you, will do.

Btw, Val, whats your decision on the forces for Driftmark?

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:59 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:Hmm. No idea who I'll app for, so I guess time to go wiki-diving for interesting people.

Do house durrandon
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:10 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:
Blackledge wrote:

Thank-you, will do.

I would say they have 2,000. Dragonstone will have 1,200 and Claw Isle will have 400. Massey Hook will be 150

I'd say the fleet is about the size of 30.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:36 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:Thank-you, will do.

I would say they have 2,000. Dragonstone will have 1,200 and Claw Isle will have 400. Massey Hook will be 150

I'd say the fleet is about the size of 30.

Got it, edited

Blackledge
Ambassador

Postby Blackledge » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:55 pm

Dentali wrote:Do house durrandon

I almost went with them, tbh. The Durrandon empire of old has some interesting history. I think the book even describes it at its height as the largest realm in Westeros until the coming of the Targaryens.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:00 pm

Blackledge wrote:
Dentali wrote:Do house durrandon

I almost went with them, tbh. The Durrandon empire of old has some interesting history. I think the book even describes it at its height as the largest realm in Westeros until the coming of the Targaryens.

Didn't they at one time own the modern crown lands and the river lands, so with the Stormlands that'd be bigger than the amount of land Harren has rn
Last edited by Warg the Immortal on Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:05 pm

Dentali wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:Hmm. No idea who I'll app for, so I guess time to go wiki-diving for interesting people.

Do house durrandon

Lunas as Durrandon and we might not see an invasion of Westeros.. instead, we'd see a Kingdom of the Dragon and a reinstatement of the Storm Kings over the Trident.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:06 pm

Hey Val I fixed my app. Am I accepted?
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Blackledge
Ambassador

Postby Blackledge » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:08 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:Didn't they at one time own the modern crown lands and the river lands, so with the Stormlands that'd be bigger than the amount of land Harren has rn

Yup. They probably had an army to call on as big as the Reach's. But those borders... A few weak kings in a row, which the line of Durrandon got, and that's all it takes to lose it.

Nuxipal wrote:Lunas as Durrandon and we might not see an invasion of Westeros.. instead, we'd see a Kingdom of the Dragon and a reinstatement of the Storm Kings over the Trident.

I'd enjoy seeing that.
Last edited by Blackledge on Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jhet
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Jhet » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:34 am

Blackledge wrote:If you ever want me to check something, just let me know. It's a great read.

I found that it was very bare bones, with lots of copy-paste sections and/or missing sections. Honestly (especially the War of the Usurper section) just reads like an embellished wiki/summary page meant to jog GRRM's memory while jerking him off. Beyond the ironborn intervention I don't remember reading anything else in that war (Robert's Rebellion), despite an entire year between Stoney Sept/Eddard's marriage and the Trident being vague as hell. Though it was nice to see that the iron fleet is a modern invention by Balon, so it is funny when fans claim that the ironborn are the most powerful fleet in the west. They have lost their only fleet battle that they participated in. Half, if you want to include the sneak attack on the Lannister fleet which was like twenty galleys strong.

Though it is funny: the ironborn are a joke, the northmen are gauls/germans/saxons, the vale has a fetish for women leaders, the south is boring, and GRRM really ran out of creativity when he went to Essos. Not that we got much in Westeros but at least it was fleshed out.

Slakonian
Senator

Founded: Nov 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Slakonian » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:42 am

Cuprum banned from the start lolwut :p
Call me Slak!
Greek Army Reservist NCO
Our great anthem
Turmenista wrote:>USA/Obama drops bombs in Syria for over a year, nobody bats an eye or says a word.
>Russia/Putin drops bombs in Syria for a day and-
WE INTERRUPT THIS SHITPOST TO INFORM YOU THAT VLADIMIR PUTIN AND RUSSIA ARE TRYING TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!
Glasgia wrote:
Kratu wrote:America will embargo Italian goods. :p

No pizza for you then!

Lord Tothe wrote:
The Emerald Dragon wrote:The 9,910th Monkey died of viagra overdose

Monkey #9909 was on the other end of the viagra overdose problem

Blackledge
Ambassador

Postby Blackledge » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:23 am

Slakonian wrote:Cuprum banned from the start lolwut :p

Why is that?

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:48 am

Jhet wrote:
Blackledge wrote: and GRRM really ran out of creativity when he went to Essos. Not that we got much in Westeros but at least it was fleshed out.

Martin has stated that he will not reveal everything. Just like Dark Souls there will be some things that are never answered.

However about the Essos complaint. Martin actually didn't write about anything past the Bone Mountains and had little involvement in the history and explaination of some of the free cities. Other authors wrote a lot but came to Martin who either gave the thumbs up or down.

Cuprum is Banned

Cuprum is banned in all my RPs. Before I started OPing I had RPed with him on occasion, and every time he would either two things.

1. Play his character(s) and not interact with the other players.
2. Make his character OP as possible

Even when OPs told him to stop or fix his shit he would refuse. He would insult the OP and continue what he was doing. The last straw came when I made my first RP, "A Century of Blood" if you want all the details of that a link is in my signature.

In a nutshell, he tried to power game as Dany. Saying that what happened in Season 6 is going to happen in the books and made it so that everything Dany did was perfect and had little repercussions. I retconned many of his posts, until finally I banned him. To this day, he continues to do the same stuff I've listed. While he is a pretty good writer, he has no respect for others thus he remains banned.
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:49 am, edited 4 times in total.

Slakonian
Senator

Founded: Nov 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Slakonian » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:15 am

Jhet wrote:

Well thought as much myself, remember that time he believed that Westeros was the size of England despite GRRM saying being that of Latin/South America
Call me Slak!
Greek Army Reservist NCO
Our great anthem
Turmenista wrote:>USA/Obama drops bombs in Syria for over a year, nobody bats an eye or says a word.
>Russia/Putin drops bombs in Syria for a day and-
WE INTERRUPT THIS SHITPOST TO INFORM YOU THAT VLADIMIR PUTIN AND RUSSIA ARE TRYING TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!
Glasgia wrote:
Kratu wrote:America will embargo Italian goods. :p

No pizza for you then!

Lord Tothe wrote:
The Emerald Dragon wrote:The 9,910th Monkey died of viagra overdose

Monkey #9909 was on the other end of the viagra overdose problem

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:19 am

Finished me apps
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse