NATION

PASSWORD

2020: A Scarred World (Nation RP, OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

To IC or not to IC?

Yes
86%
No
14%

Total votes : 7

Tasmansland
Attaché

Founded: Jun 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

2020: A Scarred World (Nation RP, OOC)

Postby Tasmansland » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:23 am

Introduction

In 2017, the world was flooded. Many theories exist - climate change, a meteor striking earth, or even more crazy theories. No matter what happened, every nation collapsed as a result, and people began to live in small tribes. Technological advances ground to a startling halt.

Even though the human race was humbled, the light of civilization did not go out - nor did the flames of war. After people recovered from the disaster, some tribes with great leaders began unifying their neighbors - sometimes peacefully, but often not.

Now it is 2020. Civilization is beginning to come back, but who will prevail in a scarred world?

Premise

In this RP, you play a nation that has been founded in the aftermath of a flood that occurred 3 years ago. You start out as a one-province nation (basically a city) and expand from there. Your goal is to make sure your nation thrives, through war, trade, technology or anything else you can think of.

This RP will be organized in turns, in which each day in RL is one year in-game time and one turn.

War

War between two nations works in this way: one nation attacks, taking an amount of provinces equal to their military points (double if the provinces are not integrated), then the defending nation counterattacks. This keeps going until one of the nations are completely annexed, or the defender and the attacker agree to a peace. See Military and Social points for more information.

Events
Once in a while, I will chose an event to occur. It might affect a certain region or the whole world. Some events might be based on nations or their actions. YOU HAVE TO HAVE YOUR NATION REACT IN SOME WAY TO THE EVENT. IF YOU DO NOT, THEN YOUR NATION WILL COLLAPSE AND YOU WILL HAVE TO START ALL OVER AGAIN.

Nation Points
Nation Points are used in the RP as its stats. You start out with 1 of every point, and the max points in any category (for now) is 50. Every turn, you can increase one of your stats by 1. Here are the stats:

Military: Every military point means that you have one extra province to conquer. So 1 point = 1 province and 10 points = 10 provinces.
Technology: Every turn, I will randomly roll a number from 1 to 100. If you have one point, the only way you can advance a technology is if I roll a 1, but if you have 10 points, if I roll a 1-10, then you get a technology.
Social: Once you conquer provinces, you have to integrate them for them to become part of your nation. If not, if someone invades, they can take two non-integrated provinces, versus one integrated province. The way Social points work are the same with Technology, but instead of developing a new technology, you can integrate one province.
More values may be added.

Rules

1. Please follow NS rules.
2. No godmodding, please. I think I've worked that out, but just to remind y'all.
3. Please no flaming. If you have arguments, please take it to telegram or just telegram me for a resolution.
4. Obey me, my word is law. So is the CO-OP's (if I have one), but I can overrule him/her.
5. No swearing.
6. If you want some shady diplomacy with another nation, feel free to telegram them. But they might choose to reveal the telegram, and it would backfire in your face.
7. No expressing any kind of political views or something like that.
8. Have fun.
9. You can use either a custom nation or your NS nation. I don't care.
10. No alternate-history up to 2017.
11. Any suggestions to modify the current system are welcome.
12. I can add rules if I want to.

Without further ado, here is the
Application
Congradulations! You made it this far! You must want to be a part of this! So here is the application.

Nation Name:
Flag/Other Symbols:
Color:
Claim:
Government Type:
Leader(s):
History:
Other:

Example App:

Nation Name: New Rome
Flag: Image
Color: Purple
Claim: The city of Rome
Government Type: Absolute Monarchy
Leaders: Augustus
History: After the flood, chaos erupted in Rome, beginning the Roman Civil War. A man named Carlo Berlioni declared the New Roman Empire, taking the name Augustus. In 2019, after two years of fighting, Augustus and his forces won the war, declaring the New Roman Empire. Augustus was crowned with a crown of laurels, and has spent the last year restoring the City, and refurbishing landmarks like the Coliseum and the Forum. Now, Augustus is ready to go to war.
Other: None.

CO-OPs: None yet
Map: http://imgur.com/a/qR6iT
IC: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=31&t=415942
Last edited by Tasmansland on Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:33 am, edited 6 times in total.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:15 pm

You have my interest. Putting in for a USN Remnant turned Modern-Vikings in a way.

EDIT: Here we go!

Flag/Other Symbols: Seal of the Commander of the United States Fleet Forces Command
Flag of the United States of America
Seal of the Commander of the Naval Surface Force of the U.S. Pacific Fleet
Color: Navy Blue
Claim: Oahu
Government Type: Military Dictatorship
Leader(s): Admiral Scott M. Abernathy
History:

INTERVIEWER: "Today is January 9th, 2020. This is Emily Porter, time is Zero-Nine-Thirty; interview 4 of 12 for the day. Please state your name, rank, and your job for verbal verification."

ENSIGN MARTIN: "Uh, umm, okay. Yeah. Martin, Ronald Martin, I'm an Ensign aboard the USS Chafee and I work as a nine-forty-eight-delta- uh, oh.... I -right... that'd be an Electronic Missile Systems Maintainer, Ma'am."

PORTER: "Pleasure to meet you Ensign. I hear you're one of the few who were present on Oahu when the floods hit? What happened? What was the secret behind the Navy's success here where it's sister fleets failed?"

MARTIN: "Well, um, when the flooding hit Ma'am, it came too rapidly for any sort of... well, a mounted contingency response, or a backup plan, to occur. Whatever happened over there in D.C., everything went to hell in a hand-basket and it was a miracle we didn't get nukes on top of everything else. Perhaps even more of a miracle, was that the Seventh's command structure had been beginning to enter into the waters near and around Hawaii. As the flooding got worse, more and more ships began to pour in. First came the subs, pulled in from their long-haul missions, then came the trawlers and the fleets of merchant cargo vessels moving between continents. Thousands if not tens of thousands appeared on the horizon with each week, each month, and each year.

"By the time the Seventh had pulled together what it could, and taken watch of the Islands, all contact with the mainland was lost and most of our Satellites stopped working right. There's a few up there still that talk to us... at least that's what I hear from the boys upstairs. Pearl Harbor has always been a sort of rallying point for the Navy though. Ever since, well... ever since Japan. I don't think there'd be much else to say on the matter other than that were it not for the Admiral, we'd all be dead or so disorganized we'd might as well play dead. I never gave top much thought before, but if he did as much as they say he did, he might just have saved the Pacific Fleet from certain destruction."

PORTER: "What was the reaction of the civilian populace when the Admiral took control? Was there outrage? Anger? Confusion? Maybe some celebration to be away from the pettiness of the mainland?"

MARTIN: "I guess at the time, it just seemed like a necessity, ya'know? We needed someone in control and he was already there. The leaders we all elected were stateside when things went sideways and the transport bringing the governor back to the islands got lost in that huge storm that took out San Francisco and most of California. As for the civilians, well, you were there Ma'am-"

PORTER: "Please, call me Emily, and yes, I know I was there but this is for the record. It's going into a documentary my studio is making on the rise of the Storm Phoenix Fleet."

MARTIN: "Oh, yep. Right. Sorry. You can just, edit that part out- right?"

Other: With little to no economic nor agricultural base, the three years worth of provisions that the USN had stockpiled and been rationing out are beginning to dwindle. The time has come for an expedition to the mainland. Driven by the promise of potentially fruitful and bountiful land, and unaware as to the massive geographical changes that have taken place, the USN has decided to send out the pride and joy of its fleet, the Super Carrier USS Nimitz. While it's once impressive load of fighter jets and bombers gave it an edge over its contemporaries, the end of the world has turned it more into a generational ship. Already families are beginning to crop up with a small school being on board. Most of the aircraft have been removed and broken down for parts in Hawaii, but there are a few exceptions. A small portion of the flight deck remains operations capable in case the need arises.
Last edited by Kassaran on Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:22 pm

-null-
Last edited by Khasinkonia on Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

South Vict
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby South Vict » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:44 pm

Tag

Tasmansland
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasmansland » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:11 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:Tag for Merchant Republic of New Orleans

Sorry, but New Orleans was flooded.

Here's the link to the map, and I'll post it on the OP too
http://imgur.com/a/qZ5gf

South Vict
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby South Vict » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:26 pm

Nation Name: Republic of Turkey
Flag/Other Symbols: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Turkey
Color: Red
Claim: Ankara
Government Type: Republic
Leader(s): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recep_Tayyip_Erdogan
History: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Turkey
Other: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_of_Turkey
Last edited by South Vict on Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:59 pm

Edited my post and put in my application.

For further clarification, yes, a large amount of military might is present for my nation. No, it will not be brought to bear. Yes, I do still have aircraft. No, I don't have a lot of fuel for them. Most of the nuclear-powered vessels have been converted into impromptu power supplies for the islands while the super carrier Nimitz is likely the only vessel now with the capability to reach the mainland excepting for a single nuclear-powered submarine which remains fully operational and on constant patrol around the islands anyways.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.

Hastiaka
Minister

Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Hastiaka » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:02 pm

Nation Name: The United States of the Rocky Mountains (official) | Rocky Mountain States (popularly known as)
Flag/Other Symbols:

Color: Teal
Claim: Colorado Springs (capital) | Utah, Colorado and New Mexico (claim/goal)
Government Type: Unitary Republic
Leader(s): President Martha Hudson
Vice President Joseph Mills
History: The great civilization of the 'United States of America' was completely and utterly ruined by the catastrophe that occurred in '17. The damage was beyond repair and when the government of the great United States was incapacitated, When news of the downfall of the US was made public the then-Governor Martha Hudson declared martial rule to quell the riots and the looting that was happening all over the state of Colorado. It took some time for the National Guard and local police to calm the population but eventually, they succeeded. Hudson alongside then-Vice Governor Joseph Mills gathered the citizens in an assembly outside the Colorado State Capitol and declared that the United States of America ceased to exist after all other states and the federal government were blacked-out and declared the establishment of the United States of the Rocky Mountains (USRM) and used a modified US constitution as it's own.

Soon after, hundreds of thousands of evacuees were marching upon the state of Colorado. This sparked protests among the locals fearing that the food supply will be depleted and the state government would be overran by gangs and militias coming both the east and west coasts. This prompted the state to close off the border and directed them northwards, to Canada. Two years later, the Rocky Mountain States began rebuilding and began expanding. Currently, President Hudson plans to annex the rest of the Rockies and consolidate them to the USRM.
Other: The Rocky Mountain State considers itself to be the only legitimate successor of the United States of America. The USRM has established a moderately-sized military that is capable of defending itself.

Tasmansland
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasmansland » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:55 am

Hastiaka wrote:Nation Name: The United States of the Rocky Mountains (official) | Rocky Mountain States (popularly known as)
Flag/Other Symbols:
History: The great civilization of the 'United States of America' was completely and utterly ruined by the catastrophe that occurred in '17. The damage was beyond repair and when the government of the great United States was incapacitated, When news of the downfall of the US was made public the then-Governor Martha Hudson declared martial rule to quell the riots and the looting that was happening all over the state of Colorado. It took some time for the National Guard and local police to calm the population but eventually, they succeeded. Hudson alongside then-Vice Governor Joseph Mills gathered the citizens in an assembly outside the Colorado State Capitol and declared that the United States of America ceased to exist after all other states and the federal government were blacked-out and declared the establishment of the United States of the Rocky Mountains (USRM) and used a modified US constitution as it's own.

Soon after, hundreds of thousands of evacuees were marching upon the state of Colorado. This sparked protests among the locals fearing that the food supply will be depleted and the state government would be overran by gangs and militias coming both the east and west coasts. This prompted the state to close off the border and directed them northwards, to Canada. Two years later, the Rocky Mountain States began rebuilding and began expanding. Currently, President Hudson plans to annex the rest of the Rockies and consolidate them to the USRM.
Other: The Rocky Mountain State considers itself to be the only legitimate successor of the United States of America. The USRM has established a moderately-sized military that is capable of defending itself.

This app is accepted, but the other two aren't. You have to start out with ONE PROVINCE.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:23 am

Tasmansland wrote:
Hastiaka wrote:Nation Name: The United States of the Rocky Mountains (official) | Rocky Mountain States (popularly known as)
Flag/Other Symbols:

This app is accepted, but the other two aren't. You have to start out with ONE PROVINCE.

Right, Oahu. I've edited accordingly.

bloody hell, mate.

Hothnia
Minister

Founded: Mar 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:07 am

Nation Name: The New Teutonic Order
Flag/Other Symbols:Image
Color: Black
Claim: Berlin Province
Government Type: Military Order
Leader(s): Grandmaster Karl Stigler
History: The New Teutonic Order was formed in 2018 by a group of Christian German nationals that wished to return Germany to its former glory, notably the Teutonic Order, a group of Christian Knights that conquered the Baltics and Northern Germany and Poland. They named their leader a former German Army Colonel, Karl Stigler, who proceeded to rebuild Berlin under the order. Karl is now turning his eyes towards expansion.
Other:
Last edited by Hothnia on Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Arvenia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 21, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Arvenia » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:14 am

Nation Name: Military Committee for National Reconstruction
Flag/Other Symbols: Flag of the MCNR
Color: Orange
Claim: Washington DC
Government Type: Military Dictatorship
Leader(s): Chairman Daniel Thompson
History: When a great flooding destroyed civilizations, the DC was among those stricken. In 2018, a surviving soldier named Captain Daniel Thompson established a junta in the DC named "MCNR". He ruled as it's chairman and maintains martial law in the city. He plans on reuniting the United States of America under his lead.
Other: There are 20,000 troops in the DC with helicopters, land vehicles and boats.
Pro: Political Pluralism, Centrism, Liberalism, Liberal Democracy, Social Democracy, Sweden, USA, UN, ROC, Japan, South Korea, Monarchism, Republicanism, Sci-Fi, Animal Rights, Gender Equality, Mecha, Autism, Environmentalism, Secularism, Religion and LGBT Rights
Anti: Racism, Sexism, Nazism, Fascism, EU, Socialism, Adolf Hitler, Neo-Nazism, KKK, Joseph Stalin, PRC, North Korea, Russia, Iran, Saudi-Arabia, Communism, Ultraconservatism, Ultranationalism, Xenophobia, Homophobia, Transphobia, WBC, Satanism, Mormonism, Anarchy, ISIS, al-Qaeda, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, 969 Movement, Political Correctness, Anti-Autistic Sentiment, Far-Right, Far-Left, Cultural Relativism, Anti-Vaxxers, Scalpers and COVID-19

Tasmansland
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasmansland » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:51 am

The above three apps are accepted, but I changed the New Teutonic Order's color from black to dark grey.

Hothnia
Minister

Founded: Mar 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:55 am

Tasmansland wrote:The above three apps are accepted, but I changed the New Teutonic Order's color from black to dark grey.

Ok

South Vict
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby South Vict » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:23 am

Nation Name: Republic of Turkey

Tasmansland
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasmansland » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:24 am

South Vict wrote:Nation Name: Republic of Turkey

When I say history, I mean history from 2017-2020.

Try editing your app a bit more.

Tasmansland
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasmansland » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:28 am

Last edited by Tasmansland on Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arvenia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 21, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Arvenia » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:31 am

I can come back tomorrow. I have to go now.
Pro: Political Pluralism, Centrism, Liberalism, Liberal Democracy, Social Democracy, Sweden, USA, UN, ROC, Japan, South Korea, Monarchism, Republicanism, Sci-Fi, Animal Rights, Gender Equality, Mecha, Autism, Environmentalism, Secularism, Religion and LGBT Rights
Anti: Racism, Sexism, Nazism, Fascism, EU, Socialism, Adolf Hitler, Neo-Nazism, KKK, Joseph Stalin, PRC, North Korea, Russia, Iran, Saudi-Arabia, Communism, Ultraconservatism, Ultranationalism, Xenophobia, Homophobia, Transphobia, WBC, Satanism, Mormonism, Anarchy, ISIS, al-Qaeda, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, 969 Movement, Political Correctness, Anti-Autistic Sentiment, Far-Right, Far-Left, Cultural Relativism, Anti-Vaxxers, Scalpers and COVID-19

Beutarch
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Beutarch » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:47 am

Tag
Do you think you know me?

Second Poland Lithuania
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Second Poland Lithuania » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:52 pm

Nation Name: Third Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth
Flag/Other Symbols: Image
Claim: Krakow
Government Type: Constitutional Monarchy
Leader(s): Heinrich I Poniatowski
History: After the disastrous collapse of the Second PLC, a nation that still primarily relied on agriculture, from the catalysmic floods, a new ruler has emerged to restore the PLC to its former glory, Heinrich I Poniatowski, who has Duke of Lithuania before the collapse. He has finally set his task to reform the Earth to the power it once was and ensure world peace.
Other: N/A
Poland Lithuania is back! At least for a short while.
Factbooks not finished. Yet!

THIS COUNTRY DOES NOT DEPICT MY REAL LIFE VIEWS!

Pro: Socialism, welfare, libertarianism, free press, constitutionalism,
Anti: Communism, capitalism, environmentalism, nationalism,

Tasmansland
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasmansland » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:37 pm

Second Poland Lithuania wrote:Nation Name: Third Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth
Flag/Other Symbols: (Image)
Claim: Krakow
Government Type: Constitutional Monarchy
Leader(s): Heinrich I Poniatowski
History: After the disastrous collapse of the Second PLC, a nation that still primarily relied on agriculture, from the catalysmic floods, a new ruler has emerged to restore the PLC to its former glory, Heinrich I Poniatowski, who has Duke of Lithuania before the collapse. He has finally set his task to reform the Earth to the power it once was and ensure world peace.
Other: N/A

Accepted, but your color's dark red. I'm purple. And all world history is the same up to 2017.
Last edited by Tasmansland on Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Budraria
Attaché

Founded: Feb 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Budraria » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:12 pm

Nation Name: The Merchant's Commune of Hong Kong (Formal), Hong Kong (Informal)
Flag/Other Symbols:

Color: Crimson
Claim: Hong Kong
Government Type: Parliamentary Democracy
Leader(s): Prime Minister Li Fa
History:
Prior to 2017, The People’s Republic of China was one of the world’s leading economic and industrial powerhouse, and Hong Kong was one of its most successful cities. After the disaster struck Beijing sent one last message to Hong Kong, before going dark, giving it its independence. The flood drastically changed the geography of the area, making the city, and its surrounding area, an island on its own.
Quick to react the government of Hong Kong set up its newly independent government, starting with new elections; however chaos and fear had spread out among the city, as an uncertain future loomed. The coming elections saw a sharp rise in left-wing parties, swooping in on policies of helping the impoverished and other victims of the disaster. Eventually, The Social People’s Coalition was able to garner enough support to bring about a “revolution” throughout Hong Kong, and elect Prime Minister Li Fa.
Economically, with the help of the new left-wing government, businesses were able to prosper with help and support from tax dollars. Despite this, Hong Kong was forced to shift towards a much more maritime based economy, relying on fishing and trade. Meanwhile, the citizens of Hong Kong have reclaimed much of the old city, settling in to the remains of once glamourous skyscrapers; however, the lack of space for the island city’s large population has caused the government to think of possible expansion off the island.
The Republic of Budraria
| Budraria | National Fact Book | Europeia |
Budrarian News: None
Budraria is a republic, located in Southern China and Northern Vietnam.
It's government is considerably left-leaning, and advocates for equity, peace, prosperity, and progress.
Capital: Quandong
Delegate Chancellor: Fa Rong (SDP)
Prime Minister: Sunada Machiko (SDP)
Official Language(s): Cantonese, Mandarin, Vietnamese
Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarians: -5.49

Tasmansland
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasmansland » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:35 pm

Budraria wrote:Nation Name: The Merchant's Commune of Hong Kong (Formal), Hong Kong (Informal)
Flag/Other Symbols:
Color: Crimson
Claim: Hong Kong
Government Type: Parliamentary Democracy
Leader(s): Prime Minister Li Fa
History:
Prior to 2017, The People’s Republic of China was one of the world’s leading economic and industrial powerhouse, and Hong Kong was one of its most successful cities. After the disaster struck Beijing sent one last message to Hong Kong, before going dark, giving it its independence. The flood drastically changed the geography of the area, making the city, and its surrounding area, an island on its own.
Quick to react the government of Hong Kong set up its newly independent government, starting with new elections; however chaos and fear had spread out among the city, as an uncertain future loomed. The coming elections saw a sharp rise in left-wing parties, swooping in on policies of helping the impoverished and other victims of the disaster. Eventually, The Social People’s Coalition was able to garner enough support to bring about a “revolution” throughout Hong Kong, and elect Prime Minister Li Fa.
Economically, with the help of the new left-wing government, businesses were able to prosper with help and support from tax dollars. Despite this, Hong Kong was forced to shift towards a much more maritime based economy, relying on fishing and trade. Meanwhile, the citizens of Hong Kong have reclaimed much of the old city, settling in to the remains of once glamourous skyscrapers; however, the lack of space for the island city’s large population has caused the government to think of possible expansion off the island.

Accepted, but your color is red

Carena
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Carena » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:51 am

Nation Name:
California Republic
Flag/Other Symbols:
Color:
Brown
Claim:
South SF Bay Area region
Government Type:
Representative republic
Leader(s):
President Libby Schaaf
History:
The state of California was devastated by the Great Flood, losing much of its coastal regions. The Bay Area was among one of the hardest hit, losing all of San Francisco as well as large portions of San Jose and Oakland. In 2018, under the leadership of the surviving Oakland city government, delegations from each surviving city in the south and east bay as well as the peninsula met and formed a new nation after it became apparent the US will not come back. Calling themselves the California Republic after the old state, they wrote a constitution modeled after the American one and adopted a flag inspired by the one of old San Francisco, choosing a phoenix over the extinct California Grizzly as it represents rebirth rather than death.
Last edited by Carena on Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
FEDERATION OF CARENA

Early PMT nation in a 3 nation universe (Late PMT/FT)
Set on Earth with a focus on exploring near-future geopoltical scenarios & the implications of anthropocentric climate change
NEW NEW YORK TIMES|October 2nd, 2122|Omnicore loses 3 year long legal battle over Martian mining accident|Golden State Warriors sign former MVP Melvin Turant to 2 year/226 mil contract with a player option|Empress Xi Mingze denounces Carena & President Gerald Traugott, warning the world they are not to be trusted|Biafra declares independence from Nigeria, experts believe civil war is imminent

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:08 am

How much of Los Angles remains?
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse