NATION

PASSWORD

You Start In a Tavern (OOC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Holy Empire of Steel
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Empire of Steel » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:18 pm

That princess is most likely wealthy, eh? And would probably pay for some protection..

Think it's time for a Krogan Orc Half-Orcish charge into the fray.. And maybe a few war-cry's throughout.. Good thing I'm still wearing my armor..

Achidyemay
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Achidyemay » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:54 pm

The Central Shadow Nation wrote:Being a cook here will be fun....Hey boss, whats the stats on a skillet?

Skillet
Attack +1
Defense +1
Evasion-2
Dear Sir: Regarding your article 'What's Wrong with the World?' I am.
Yours truly,
G.K. Chesterton

Erhialam
Diplomat

Founded: May 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Erhialam » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:56 am

Well, friends, turns out I actually picked a truly awful time RL-wise to join a RP and am truly sorry that I must duck out. A thousand apologies. Feel free to pick up Ysduslen and Tam if you'd like to play them! Happy trails!
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." - The great Terry Pratchett

~
Erhialam is also known as Interstellar Australia. Apparently.

Achidyemay
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Achidyemay » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:27 pm

Erhialam wrote:Well, friends, turns out I actually picked a truly awful time RL-wise to join a RP and am truly sorry that I must duck out. A thousand apologies. Feel free to pick up Ysduslen and Tam if you'd like to play them! Happy trails!

That's awful, but don't be afraid to come back if you start to get some free time again.
Yours truly,
G.K. Chesterton

Achidyemay
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Achidyemay » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:05 pm

Also, I promise this is the last time I escalate the bar scene.
Yours truly,
G.K. Chesterton

The Holy Empire of Steel
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Empire of Steel » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:46 am

Achidyemay wrote:Also, I promise this is the last time I escalate the bar scene.

Hey, so question for the future, when the "players" make their characters do an action, should they wait for the DM to say the success of that action? Maybe not for every action, but for things like attacks and such.

Also, do you plan on having the "players" interact with each other later on?

Granis
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:20 am

Ok, so just saying, I have a dice app on my phone, so I'm actually gonna roll dice when you say to. I know there isn't really a way to prove what I got, so I can only hope you trust me.

Achidyemay
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Achidyemay » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:48 pm

The Holy Empire of Steel wrote:
Achidyemay wrote:Also, I promise this is the last time I escalate the bar scene.

Hey, so question for the future, when the "players" make their characters do an action, should they wait for the DM to say the success of that action? Maybe not for every action, but for things like attacks and such.

Also, do you plan on having the "players" interact with each other later on?

No, you don't need to wait for the DM to say the approval for actions, but there are two caveats to this. One, if you ask the DM a question or leave it open ended, as if to ask the DM something (and if I pick up on it) then SKip is going to say something and that's important. Two, there are important things, and I'll do my best to point those out when they happen, that will require an OK; usually these will be bosses checks on attacks against bosses. Don't worry, none of the hobgoblins are bosses.

Granis wrote:Ok, so just saying, I have a dice app on my phone, so I'm actually gonna roll dice when you say to. I know there isn't really a way to prove what I got, so I can only hope you trust me.

Cool, the dice system is voluntary, so there's no point to lying, but I'm glad people are using it.
Yours truly,
G.K. Chesterton

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:16 am

Hey, so just out of curiosity, had my attempts at diplomacy not been violently interrupted, would the actual 19 I rolled have worked?

Achidyemay
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Achidyemay » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:11 pm

Granis wrote:Hey, so just out of curiosity, had my attempts at diplomacy not been violently interrupted, would the actual 19 I rolled have worked?

Yeah, actually, in the next post they look dazed and confused and lose their initiative to fight. You can still attack them if you want, otherwise they might wander off.
Yours truly,
G.K. Chesterton

The Central Shadow Nation
Minister

Founded: Oct 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Central Shadow Nation » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:00 pm

So, have any hobgoblins not been hit?
"There's no point in feeling bad for the dead, but for the living who are still in pain."
"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."

Achidyemay
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Achidyemay » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:28 am

Granis wrote:Hey, so just out of curiosity, had my attempts at diplomacy not been violently interrupted, would the actual 19 I rolled have worked?

Also Granis, the princess and the the hongoblins around her are in the upstairs room. So u couldn't put bubbles around them
Yours truly,
G.K. Chesterton

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:03 pm

Achidyemay wrote:

Also Granis, the princess and the the hongoblins around her are in the upstairs room. So u couldn't put bubbles around them

Wait, why not? They're small barriers, barely bigger than the hobgoblins and princess themselves.

Achidyemay
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Achidyemay » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:53 pm

Granis wrote:
Achidyemay wrote:Also Granis, the princess and the the hongoblins around her are in the upstairs room. So u couldn't put bubbles around them

Wait, why not? They're small barriers, barely bigger than the hobgoblins and princess themselves.

The door is closed, can't do magic on a target you can't see.
Yours truly,
G.K. Chesterton

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:12 pm

Achidyemay wrote:
Granis wrote:

The door is closed, can't do magic on a target you can't see.

Oh, I was under the impression we were all in the same room, considering that the others have started bludgeoning then with miscellaneous items...

Also, how could I have entered combat with them if I can't see them or use spells on them because the doors closed?
Last edited by Granis on Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:26 pm

This seems interesting. Are gunslingers still open??
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:31 pm

Arengin Union wrote:This seems interesting. Are gunslingers still open??

Already have one, but I suppose so.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:33 pm

Rupudska wrote:
Arengin Union wrote:This seems interesting. Are gunslingers still open??

never hurts to have one more :v
"I do as I please"

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:43 pm

Arengin Union wrote:
Rupudska wrote:

never hurts to have one more :v

In most cases yes, though IMHO the number of gunslingers that is too many is lower than most other homebrew classes.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:45 pm

Rupudska wrote:
Arengin Union wrote:never hurts to have one more :v

In most cases yes, though IMHO the number of gunslingers that is too many is lower than most other homebrew classes.

I suppose. If its not possible for me to be one I'll just go with a sword wielding jug
"I do as I please"

The Holy Empire of Steel
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Empire of Steel » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:07 am

Hey, sorry for the lack of posts on my part, recently had summer classes start up, as well as a new job, and I've been rather busy trying to get into a "regular" routine. I'll try to get a post up later today though.

Achidyemay
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Achidyemay » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:35 am

The Holy Empire of Steel wrote:Hey, sorry for the lack of posts on my part, recently had summer classes start up, as well as a new job, and I've been rather busy trying to get into a "regular" routine. I'll try to get a post up later today though.

Don't feel bad, I'm in entirely the same boat, which, incidentally, is why there hasn't been anything happening in the IC, sorry folks!

Arengin Union wrote:
Rupudska wrote:

I suppose. If its not possible for me to be one I'll just go with a sword wielding jug

Yeah, sorry, the position of annoying talking animal gunslinger has already been taken. This RP is a bit more classical fantasy and I think one is enough.

Granis wrote:
Achidyemay wrote:The door is closed, can't do magic on a target you can't see.

Oh, I was under the impression we were all in the same room, considering that the others have started bludgeoning then with miscellaneous items...

Also, how could I have entered combat with them if I can't see them or use spells on them because the doors closed?

Five hobgoblins attacked the princess, three dragged the princess upstairs into the upstairs bedroom while the other two stayed behind to fight.
Yours truly,
G.K. Chesterton

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:22 pm

Achidyemay wrote:
The Holy Empire of Steel wrote:Hey, sorry for the lack of posts on my part, recently had summer classes start up, as well as a new job, and I've been rather busy trying to get into a "regular" routine. I'll try to get a post up later today though.

Don't feel bad, I'm in entirely the same boat, which, incidentally, is why there hasn't been anything happening in the IC, sorry folks!

Arengin Union wrote:I suppose. If its not possible for me to be one I'll just go with a sword wielding jug

Yeah, sorry, the position of annoying talking animal gunslinger has already been taken. This RP is a bit more classical fantasy and I think one is enough.

Granis wrote:

Five hobgoblins attacked the princess, three dragged the princess upstairs into the upstairs bedroom while the other two stayed behind to fight.

Ooooohhhhh. Ok, I get it now. That was quite confusing to my minuscule brain. I'll try and edit it, now that I know what's going on.

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:04 pm

So this is still alive, right? Because I don't think I could handle another thing I like vanishing again.

Achidyemay
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Achidyemay » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:46 pm

Granis wrote:So this is still alive, right? Because I don't think I could handle another thing I like vanishing again.

It's Dead.

Let me be clear, I hate this. It's entirely my fault, and I recognize that. I've never been a great OP and I think it might have something to do with me lacking follow through, like, once the idea is written down, I don't have to act on it anymore. idk, but this is the second time that I've had to use my RP's colors to kill the RP and I hate doing it. I'm really sorry, and as far as RP experiences go, this was probably an unexpected conclusion: this RP had polish, a fair amount of people, there was adventure (for all of one scene), and if you were anything like me, you had plans for your characters. Hell, the goals were a part of the app. And I just... let it die. 100% my fault. I like helping and augmenting the P2TM community, but I've come to the realization that I can't OP. Sorry.
If you want to take any part of this and use it in your own stories, go ahead. Thanks for playing.
Yours truly,
G.K. Chesterton

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse