NATION

PASSWORD

Mellow-Brook Academy OOC: A Metahuman Academy Rp (Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

How long should the Hiatus last?

2 weeks, (to give time for resolution of rl thgns)
29%
a month
No votes
As long as need be
71%

Total votes : 7

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:37 pm

I know there is atleast one character i havent added, rocky, by terra, but are there others?
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:40 pm

Shadowwell wrote:I know there is atleast one character i havent added, rocky, by terra, but are there others?

I'm about to submit my second app in a few minutes :p
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:42 pm

Castle Crashers wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:I know there is atleast one character i havent added, rocky, by terra, but are there others?

I'm about to submit my second app in a few minutes :p

You, WAU, is planning a couple, as was Danxeria.

IC will go up monday or so. Depending upon the people we have.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:47 pm

Tag. I'm thinking of making a shapeshifter, but has less control over their body the larger the part of the body, and their body is a bit warped with extra parts here and there
Ex: They modify their eye color, but end up growing another eye as well.
Basically a sort of faulty shapeshifter.
Does that sound alright?

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:06 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:Tag. I'm thinking of making a shapeshifter, but has less control over their body the larger the part of the body, and their body is a bit warped with extra parts here and there
Does that sound alright?

Maybe, but those with powers are a secret, so such a thing would draw unwelcome attention.

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:16 pm

Mellow-Brook Academy
Student App

Name: Felix Reynard
Appearance: Stands at 5'6", and weighs 123 lbs., he has something of a small frame. He also has a small scar hidden underneath his hair that strikes his hairline, most likely due to experimentation with his ice.
Biography: Growing up, Felix was the oldest child of three children, those of whom, while all boys, were raised under the roof of a single mother. Due to the amount of people being paid for under one paycheck, Felix never really did have a luxurious lifestyle. He never did mind though, sharing a room with the next oldest brother while the youngest shared a room with their mother under the roof of a one-story rancher. While his family always did realize something was wrong about how he always got sick, always had to wear thick layers of clothes, and no one could ever stand to touch him for long...no doctors could diagnose him with anything besides a weakened immune system. Not even Felix understood, but he always thought something was wrong. Something not even his family could help him through, but...they continued to love and accept him anyway.

When he turned 8, he finally began to understand. It started after he'd gotten into quite a few sci-fi movies, those of which had shown the use of telepathy to move objects, or to talk to people. In the way all children do, he decided to try this with a cup of water, to summon it closer to him, but he didn't quite get the same result. After trying for a minute, he was disappointed and went to grab the water himself...only to find that the water had been frozen into solid ice. Amazed, he rushed outside to begin trying this on whatever else he could find. By the time his mother returned from work, many cups of water, a bird bath, and a few puddles had all been frozen. Even then, no one decided to speak of it, not even Felix. He'd watched enough movies to know better than to tell anyone. As he grew older, he began to excel at his schoolwork, and with being charismatic as he was for the most part, he also became quite popular in elementary school. However, such popularity caused a rise of jealousy among other individuals. The older and more popular he got, the more he was a target for bullying. He was teased and berated with mean comments for his type of dress, for his odd behavior when avoiding contact after scaring a few students with his icy skin, among other things. When it finally came time to leave middle school, Felix decided he wanted to move far, far away.

That was when he discovered Mellow-Brook Academy, and with his excellence within his school subjects, it was easy work to be accepted. The best part was that it was far away from everything he knew about his school. It hurt him to know he was moving away from his "friends" and family, but he also knew it was for the best. His mother could only provide him minimal financial support, so he decided to get a part-time job at the Phoenix as a dishwasher after quite a bit of pleading with the owner, Constantine, to support himself. He also sends a portion of the money he makes back to support his mother. He has since been in Beaver Bay for a year, and while he does end up in occasional scuffles with bullies every now and then, his life has improved drastically from the majority of his childhood.
Abilities/Skills Felix is both academically excellent and charismatic where he needs to be. He's fairly good at iceskating, and is known to be adored by many older girls for his child-like, cute features. Due to this, he has a larger influence on girls than he does guys. He finds it embarrassing, though.
  • Ice Manipulation: Felix has the ability to manipulate existing water forms into forms of ice and/or snow at will. The larger the scale, the harder it is to both manipulate and control.
  • Ice Creation: He also has the ability to create his own amounts of ice and/or snow on will. This can range from frost to small-scale snowstorms, or walls of ice. He can't create things like ice castles or wintry biomes though, mind you.
  • Frost Bite: Due to the ability to create frost, Felix can also give those he chooses to frostbite. Depending on how much he focuses, the severity of the frostbite can range, but is never enough to be fatal. It can also make certain materials brittle enough for breakage.

Weaknesses
  • Fire: Being a controller of ice, fire is the enemy. Being around a source of fire will give him anxiety, and going against anyone with a fire-related ability only spells disaster for Felix.
  • Prone to Sickness: Due to a significantly low body temperature, Felix tends to get things such as colds and fevers often. He also feels perpetually cold, hence why he tends to wear warm clothing. Only on very warm summer days does he, after a whole year, change into such things as t-shirts and shorts.
  • Icy Touch: Due to having both a low body temperature and a tendency to produce frostbite, Felix's skin is icy cold to the touch. It would be similar to holding an ice cube were someone to touch his skin for longer than a moment or two. This often makes him resistant to make contact with other people physically.

Rp Sample: Heh, you've already gotten one! :p

Optional
Likes/Dislikes: Heh, nah.
Fears: Hurting those around him unintentionally, or letting his powers get out of control.
Theme: Idk yet. (If someone suggest Let it Go, I might kill them. e-e)
Voice actor: Err, idk xD
D&d Alignment: Neutral Good
Tropes: Err...
Last edited by Castle Crashers on Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:29 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Tag. I'm thinking of making a shapeshifter, but has less control over their body the larger the part of the body, and their body is a bit warped with extra parts here and there
Does that sound alright?

Maybe, but those with powers are a secret, so such a thing would draw unwelcome attention.

I thought that such a downside would be a pretty effective damper on an otherwise strong power. Of course, they wouldn't be too obnoxious for the most part, so, with an extra layer or two, and maybe some extra clothes and a bit of concealer or the like and they'll probably be fine if they keep everything in check.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:36 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Maybe, but those with powers are a secret, so such a thing would draw unwelcome attention.

I thought that such a downside would be a pretty effective damper on an otherwise strong power. Of course, they wouldn't be too obnoxious for the most part, so, with an extra layer or two, and maybe some extra clothes and a bit of concealer or the like and they'll probably be fine if they keep everything in check.

Still a weakness that relies on the rper is not exactly a convincing or effective thing. I dont know you, but it would be doubtful if you would do such a thing. Get an apo up and judgement will be rendered. The character could be integral later on.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:44 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:I thought that such a downside would be a pretty effective damper on an otherwise strong power. Of course, they wouldn't be too obnoxious for the most part, so, with an extra layer or two, and maybe some extra clothes and a bit of concealer or the like and they'll probably be fine if they keep everything in check.

Still a weakness that relies on the rper is not exactly a convincing or effective thing. I dont know you, but it would be doubtful if you would do such a thing. Get an apo up and judgement will be rendered. The character could be integral later on.

I'm planning on using a random word selector for the unexpected side effects because I find a bit of unexpectedness rather enjoyable to add in. You're still the boss, so I'll do my best to make it acceptable. Expect an app later tonight.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:00 pm

I was thinking, that i will close the rp after the IC goes up, but apps can be sent to myself and my Co-OPs for judgement and possible acceptance, thoughts ?

The Assorted Saharan Outposts
Minister

Founded: Dec 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:02 pm

Shadowwell wrote:I was thinking, that i will close the rp after the IC goes up, but apps can be sent to myself and my Co-OPs for judgement and possible acceptance, thoughts ?

Eh. I don't personally like he idea of closed roleplays.

I imagine Felix Ice Kid could get along well with Adelaide, depending on how well their personalities go.
And either way Adelaide could keep him all warm as long as she stays pretty happy
RP Types I Enjoy: God RPs (anything involving deities), alt history, medieval.
Just call me Sahara
Feel free to telegram me whenever you want. I'd love to chat!

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧

Free Empire of the Low Isles
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 20, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:10 pm

What is it with the no non-students? I'm the only one that has a PC non-student.
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

An Egalitarian, humanist, and a member of the glorious Kekistani people!

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:15 pm

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:What is it with the no non-students? I'm the only one that has a PC non-student.

Ryg is going to app for one, and at least one npc is a player created non student. Non students wont be a cobstant in the rp, but of course will be present, especially during a kidnapping arc.

The Assorted Saharan Outposts
Minister

Founded: Dec 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:15 pm

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:What is it with the no non-students? I'm the only one that has a PC non-student.

I was thinking about making a teacher, but then I changed my mind while making Sailor.
I'd do it now but that's over the character limit...
RP Types I Enjoy: God RPs (anything involving deities), alt history, medieval.
Just call me Sahara
Feel free to telegram me whenever you want. I'd love to chat!

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:16 pm

Shadowwell wrote:

Ryg is going to app for one, and at least one npc is a player created non student. Non students wont be a cobstant in the rp, but of course will be present, especially during a kidnapping arc.

wait whAT? A KIDNAPPING ARC? :blink:

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:17 pm

Castle Crashers wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:

It looks like I'm going to have one of the youngest characters when I put my app up. Goodness me...

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:19 pm

Castle Crashers wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:

Well eventually, things will be figured out with some kids being metas, or the like. Would make sense if there was an effort to sieze them, also a way to clue the normal pc students about things.

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:20 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Castle Crashers wrote:

Well eventually, things will be figured out with some kids being metas, or the like. Would make sense if there was an effort to sieze them, also a way to clue the normal pc students about things.

Oh yeah, I guess that would make sense :p

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:22 pm

Should i edit the character list to include age and whether they are meta or not?

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:25 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Should i edit the character list to include age and whether they are meta or not?

I would say yes...

Also, maybe a suggestion to new people about making a non-student character...
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:25 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Should i edit the character list to include age and whether they are meta or not?

I think you should include whether they're meta or not, but I don't know if age is important :p

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:11 pm

Added, Felix, The flavor text may be obscure, but Reynard is the name of a french fox that was a sort of trickster animal.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:16 pm

Mellow-Brook Academy
Student App

Name: Theodore 'Theo' Chambers
Appearance: He is tall standing around 6'2", he usually slouches however.
Biography: [CLASSIFIED] He is not so simple as he appears
Abilities/Skills
  • Skilled Fighter: Certain events of his youth have forced him to be rather skilled
  • Intimidating: Due to his enar permanent scowl and his scarred and muscled appearance, most find him rather intimidating.

Weaknesses
  • Quick to Fight: He holds and impressive temper and will most certainly react to msot slights, imaged or otherwise with violence.
  • a Youth of Vices: He holds many vices that can be exploited, by those intelligent enough to discover them
  • Scarred in Body and Mind: Due to his past he can be inconsistent at times and his scars can make some movements difficult

Rp Sample: No

Optional
Likes/Dislikes:
Fears: Failure
Theme: Till I collapse by Eminem
Voice actor: Steven strait as the Character Warren Peace from Sky High, maybe
D&d Alignment: Discover for yourself
Tropes:

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:17 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Added, Felix, The flavor text may be obscure, but Reynard is the name of a french fox that was a sort of trickster animal.

Somebody watches the Magicians...

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:19 pm

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Added, Felix, The flavor text may be obscure, but Reynard is the name of a french fox that was a sort of trickster animal.

Somebody watches the Magicians...

No, actually, i ahd intended to watch it and read the books, but havent gotten around to it. It is froma series called Winters Tale, about a kind of werewolf guy whose father was an avatar of Fenris.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse