NATION

PASSWORD

The Awesome Pony Rp : Equestria Divided (OOC, CLOSED)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:47 am

Novaya Equestria wrote:Uh, is anyone allowed to change the nation's military structures, like turning it from a permanent standing voluntary army to that of a permanent standing army which uses compulsory military service?

Sure; I believe that the Google Doc version of the chart can be freely edited, though, if there are going to be changes, obviously they should be declared before being made. Most of the nation details were established independently of previous threads (that is, they aren't based on any past posts), and, thus, a lot of them could be freely changed without creating any contradictions.

I assume, since you're asking, that you have a specific change you'd like to make?

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Frenequesta » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:34 am

Novaya Equestria wrote:Uh, is anyone allowed to change the nation's military structures, like turning it from a permanent standing voluntary army to that of a permanent standing army which uses compulsory military service?

As FRE said, it depends on whether it hasn't been established by previous post. Most of the information on the new Equestrian nations comes from the Epilogue to the last RP.
I’m mostly here for... something to do, I suppose.

Nocturniica
Spokesperson

Founded: May 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nocturniica » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:20 am

You know... we could always start the RP with a plague. *shrug*

It would certainly give all the leaders something to think about and figure out, and it wouldn't involve a war, but it could lead to major problems economically or even politically.

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:49 am

If no one else is going to, I could RP for one of the political leaders here.

Regarding Diamondgrad, until I actually issue the UDI in the IC, it shouldn't be considered a nation.
Last edited by Turmenista on Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Postby Frenequesta » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:15 pm

Turmenista wrote:If no one else is going to, I could RP for one of the political leaders here.

Regarding Diamondgrad, until I actually issue the UDI in the IC, it shouldn't be considered a nation.

I think some of those who posted here who haven't put up an application are going to do so, but go ahead.

Noted about Diamondgrad. Perhaps I'll make a note of it as a quasi-recognized entity.

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:50 pm

On the subject of ways to start the IC, here's an alternative idea (I personally would prefer to go down the sand-changeling route): How about we take some cues from real life and have it start with a terrorist attack? Changeling-perpetrated terrorism targeting ponies (perhaps with Chrysalis as the mastermind behind it) could create some conflict, stirring up violent backlash against changelings and perhaps serving as a catalyst for further campaigns of extermination by the Temple. Or, Temple-perpetrated terrorism targeting changelings could also create some exciting conflict, escalating tensions between pro and anti-changeling forces and opening the door for sectarian violence.

Nocturniica
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nocturniica » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:03 pm

Fascist Russian Empire wrote:On the subject of ways to start the IC, here's an alternative idea (I personally would prefer to go down the sand-changeling route): How about we take some cues from real life and have it start with a terrorist attack? Changeling-perpetrated terrorism targeting ponies (perhaps with Chrysalis as the mastermind behind it) could create some conflict, stirring up violent backlash against changelings and perhaps serving as a catalyst for further campaigns of extermination by the Temple. Or, Temple-perpetrated terrorism targeting changelings could also create some exciting conflict, escalating tensions between pro and anti-changeling forces and opening the door for sectarian violence.

Hmm... this gets me thinking: do we have a pony equivalent of the United Nations yet? Or any way for leaders to gather in a safe haven and discuss things?

This is supposed to be modern, right?

Also, what are weapon technologies like?

Sorry, just started thinking... and...hmm... didn't the last RP start with a changeling attack? Maybe it would be more fitting to start with a Temple attack.

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:21 pm

Nocturniica wrote:Hmm... this gets me thinking: do we have a pony equivalent of the United Nations yet? Or any way for leaders to gather in a safe haven and discuss things?

This is supposed to be modern, right?

Also, what are weapon technologies like?

Sorry, just started thinking... and...hmm... didn't the last RP start with a changeling attack? Maybe it would be more fitting to start with a Temple attack.

There's a changeling equivalent to the UN, but there isn't actually a pony equivalent for the time being (it wouldn't really make much sense; Equestria consisted of only one nation until recently, and the Equestrians never really had much interaction with foreigners). Of course, totally dysfunctional intergovernmental organizations aren't required for international discourse regarding a topic; there could always be a conference of Equestrian leaders to discuss issues of vital importance.

As for weapons, weapon technology is more-or-less the same as real-world weapons, with the obvious difference being the usage of magic.

Nocturniica
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nocturniica » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:08 pm

As for weapons, weapon technology is more-or-less the same as real-world weapons, with the obvious difference being the usage of magic.

*sigh* Good bye beautiful armor, hello boring camoflage.

Oh well, I'll live.

And... I don't want to change the canon of the RP, but as for my personal headcanon, I don't think ponies would be walking around with firearms, except for maaaybe Earth Ponies. I personally think the weaponry would be designed to enhance the species' natural strengths, so something like wing-blades for Pegasi to dive onto enemies with, something for Unicorn horns that would turn them into snipers/artillery, and possibly power armor and miniguns for the Earth ponies to carry around. That's how I see it.

But that's just how I picture my parallel universe going. I'd like to see more of what this parallel universe is like.

I still think wing-blades would be amazing, though. XD

Anyway, has anyone claimed the Mane Six yet?

Nocturniica
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nocturniica » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:14 pm

Oh by the way, I drew a picture of Soothing Lullaby and Chilling Wind!

I tried to make them look like.. modern Byzantium... in their outfits... but anyway, I'm pretty satisfied. *shrug*
http://sta.sh/0rvbwc7oisy

I know it's not the best, but I just really wanted a visual reference for them both.

Ippeia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ippeia » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:17 pm

I shall put up a President for Sierra-Palomino soon. As well as the Ippeian Emperor, just in case.

Also, what about some sort of incident? a changeling trying to escape impersonates a somewhat relevant pony from another nation that happens to be in Lethe, some overzealous Temple Guard kills the real pony, and the other nation demands more than an apology? just thinking... if i come up with something else, I'll let you know xD

Nocturniica
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nocturniica » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:20 pm

Ippeia wrote:I shall put up a President for Sierra-Palomino soon. As well as the Ippeian Emperor, just in case.

Also, what about some sort of incident? a changeling trying to escape impersonates a somewhat relevant pony from another nation that happens to be in Lethe, some overzealous Temple Guard kills the real pony, and the other nation demands more than an apology? just thinking... if i come up with something else, I'll let you know xD

Woah! The Temple kills the WRONG PONY!

wait, don't they have magic that dispells Changeling effects?

*Sigh* And that sounded like such a great idea too :(

...doesn't mean EVERYPONY in the Kingdom of Lethe has it, though... perhaps somepony just jumps to it and kills them?

Hmm... will this work?

Okay how about this: we ask ourselves how we want the story to END and then we can figure out how it began! Yeah, that'll work!

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:31 pm

Nocturniica wrote:*sigh* Good bye beautiful armor, hello boring camoflage.

Oh well, I'll live.

And... I don't want to change the canon of the RP, but as for my personal headcanon, I don't think ponies would be walking around with firearms, except for maaaybe Earth Ponies. I personally think the weaponry would be designed to enhance the species' natural strengths, so something like wing-blades for Pegasi to dive onto enemies with, something for Unicorn horns that would turn them into snipers/artillery, and possibly power armor and miniguns for the Earth ponies to carry around. That's how I see it.

But that's just how I picture my parallel universe going. I'd like to see more of what this parallel universe is like.

I still think wing-blades would be amazing, though. XD

Anyway, has anyone claimed the Mane Six yet?

Mmm, I'd say that Pegasi would actually be very well suited to utilizing firearms on the battlefield; after all, they naturally have very high mobility and are far faster than most other races, which would allow regiments of Pegasi to flank or encircle the enemy and hit them with gunfire from multiple directions. They would make for very effective shock troopers, great for outmaneuvering the enemy. Earth ponies would probably be best utilized as artillerymen, and as regular front-line soldiers, I imagine. Unicorn soldiers would probably be very versatile, with their magical abilities allowing them to fill a wide variety of roles.

As for the Mane Six, I'm pretty sure Twilight Sparkle is the only one which has been taken.

Ippeia wrote:I shall put up a President for Sierra-Palomino soon. As well as the Ippeian Emperor, just in case.

It would be completely impossible to do in Lethe, I'm afraid. The Temple of Vision has discovered and makes very frequent usage of wards which disable the shapeshifting abilities of changelings; all of the cities under their control would be engulfed in magic shields which automatically dispel changeling illusions. The All-Maker himself would make absolutely certain that every settlement in Lethe is fully protected with anti-changeling shields to prevent them from infiltrating the Kingdom.

Ippeia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ippeia » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:08 pm

1. Name: Red Feather

2. Species: Pegasus

3. Sex: Male

4. Residence: Las Pegasus

5. Occupation: President of Sierra Palomino, former Infrastructure Tycoon

6. Appearance: A Cream-colored stallion, with cream and red wings (going redder towards the tip), blonde mane and tail, and blue eyes

7. Cutie mark: A Railroad with wings

8. Bio (two paragraphs minimum): Born in Manehattan to a secretary and an engineer, Red Feather lived a rather normal foalhood. Upon becoming of age he enlisted in the Royal Guard, where he was assigned to the Engineers, retiring after a few years, he went to a specialized school before starting up a small company.

His company grew, the collapse of a larger construction company left an open field which him (and a close partner) were able to take the space in the market. by the Nightmare Moon's return, his company was making roads all over the South of Equestria... then the war came.

Once the whole deal was done, and the regions achieved independence, there was a brief period of Temple Influence. however, the coalition of big business tycoons (who saw the outright ban of citizenship and residence of changelings as a problem for business) and other less-religious sectors of society managed to ensure that the previous president would be unable to hold a majority in the legislature. When elections came along, Red Feather became the candidate running for this coalition, securing a rather comfortable victory despite the attempts of the Temple to return to power.

President Red has had a presidency mostly focused on industry and infrastructure, the region, which previously depended on the tourism and gambling of Las Pegasus. So far, his massive construction plans have met a decent amount of success.

9. Personality: A Hard-Working Pony, President Red believes that ponykind's progress requires the advance of technology. He a no-nonsense pony. however he is also jovial, and known for walking around and mingling with the common ponies.

10. How do you foresee your character contributing to the RP? Be specific, but don’t give away too much. Well, we need to conduct Sierra Palomino's foreign policy and internal policies... besides, it can be a focus of conflict.

11. Please certify the following statement (not necessary if this is not your first application):
I certify that I have read and understood the Background, Flutters’ Eleven Commandments, and Fren’s Corollary Principles. I agree to abide by the letter and spirit of the terms of the Commandments and the Principles, and understand that violation of the Commandments or Principles may risk my character(s) being ejected from the RP. (To certify, please link (URL only) to a picture of Pinkie Pie in the space below.)
Last edited by Ippeia on Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ippeia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ippeia » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:29 pm

1. Name: Agamemnon I

4. Residence: Coltstantinople

5. Occupation: Emperor of the Ippeeians

6. Appearance: Light blue with grey mane, tail and beard

7. Cutie mark: A Mace and an arrow crossed with a crown on top

8. Bio (two paragraphs minimum): Born in the purple room of the Imperial Palace, Agamemnon was from a young age attracted to history and to the military, as is usual among the Ippeian Royalty he served as an officer under a fake name in his youth, upon his coronation, Agamemnon set out to reform the Armed Forces which had suffered a serious defeat by Camel Raiders.

His Rule has been marked by the expansion of the Imperial Army and the re-organization of the themata. adding to an already powerful navy. When the Changeling War erupted, Agamemnon entertained the thought of an expedition to support the Equestrians, but it was determined to be unfeasible due to logistic issues of putting an army on the other side of the ocean. In the end the Ippeians stood on the sidelines, preparing for a confrontation with a Changeling and Griffin coalition that never materialized.

Since then, Agamemnon has taken to prepare his son, Anaxippos, to inherit the crown, the young prince is already a proven diplomat and schemer.

9. Personality: Agamemnon is a serious pony who tries to go down to business. Knowing himself to be a poor schemer and somewhat mediocre as a politician, he tends to delegate on such matters.

10. How do you foresee your character contributing to the RP? Be specific, but don’t give away too much. Being the leader of a major naval and economic power outside Equestria... some factions might just get foreign backing

11. Please certify the following statement (not necessary if this is not your first application):
I certify that I have read and understood the Background, Flutters’ Eleven Commandments, and Fren’s Corollary Principles. I agree to abide by the letter and spirit of the terms of the Commandments and the Principles, and understand that violation of the Commandments or Principles may risk my character(s) being ejected from the RP. (To certify, please link (URL only) to a picture of Pinkie Pie in the space below.)
Last edited by Ippeia on Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Postby Frenequesta » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:30 pm

Ippeia wrote:
1. Name: Red Feather

4. Residence: Las Pegasus

5. Occupation: President of Sierra Palomino, former Infrastructure Tycoon

6. Appearance: A Cream-colored stallion, with cream and red wings (going redder towards the tip), blonde mane and tail, and blue eyes

7. Cutie mark: A Railroad with wings

8. Bio (two paragraphs minimum): Born in Manehattan to a secretary and an engineer, Red Feather lived a rather normal foalhood. Upon becoming of age he enlisted in the Royal Guard, where he was assigned to the Engineers, retiring after a few years, he went to a specialized school before starting up a small company.

His company grew, the collapse of a larger construction company left an open field which him (and a close partner) were able to take the space in the market. by the Nightmare Moon's return, his company was making roads all over the South of Equestria... then the war came.

Once the whole deal was done, and the regions achieved independence, the pony that had made the Buckson-Los Pegasus highway was elected as president of the Sierra Palomino Republic.

President Red has had a presidency mostly focused on industry and infrastructure, the region, which previously depended on the tourism and gambling of Las Pegasus. So far, his massive construction plans have met a decent amount of success.

9. Personality: A Hard-Working Pony, President Red believes that ponykind's progress requires the advance of technology. He a no-nonsense pony. however he is also jovial, and known for walking around and mingling with the common ponies.

10. How do you foresee your character contributing to the RP? Be specific, but don’t give away too much. Well, we need to conduct Sierra Palomino's foreign policy and internal policies... besides, it can be a focus of conflict.

Accepted if you make clear that he is not the first President of Sierra Palomino. (The epilogue in the last RP implied that the Temple had considerable early influence in the politics of the new nation, and unless you want Red Feather to be (or have been) a Temple member, his immediate ascendancy to the presidency after the nation's independence doesn't make much sense.)
Ippeia wrote:
1. Name: Agamemnon I

4. Residence: Coltstantinople

5. Occupation: Emperor of the Ippeeians

6. Appearance: Light blue with grey mane, tail and beard

7. Cutie mark: A Mace and an arrow crossed with a crown on top

8. Bio (two paragraphs minimum): Born in the purple room of the Imperial Palace, Agamemnon was from a young age attracted to history and to the military, as is usual among the Ippeian Royalty he served as an officer under a fake name in his youth, upon his coronation, Agamemnon set out to reform the Armed Forces which had suffered a serious defeat by Camel Raiders.

His Rule has been marked by the expansion of the Imperial Army and the re-organization of the themata. adding to an already powerful navy. When the Changeling War erupted, Agamemnon entertained the thought of an expedition to support the Equestrians, but it was determined to be unfeasible due to logistic issues of putting an army on the other side of the ocean. In the end the Ippeians stood on the sidelines, preparing for a confrontation with a Changeling and Griffin coalition that never materialized.

Since then, Agamemnon has taken to prepare his son, Anaxippos, to inherit the crown, the young prince is already a proven diplomat and schemer.

9. Personality: Agamemnon is a serious pony who tries to go down to business. Knowing himself to be a poor schemer and somewhat mediocre as a politician, he tends to delegate on such matters.

10. How do you foresee your character contributing to the RP? Be specific, but don’t give away too much.

Technically I would reject this because you failed to fill out Question 10, but the character's status makes his role obvious enough, so I'll still accept it.

Tomorrow I will be taking a week long vacation to Colorado, Wyoming, and Utah, and will likely be in places where I cannot even get 3G coverage. Don't be surprised if I am not on for days at a time.

Nocturniica
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nocturniica » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:43 am

Tomorrow I will be taking a week long vacation to Colorado, Wyoming, and Utah, and will likely be in places where I cannot even get 3G coverage. Don't be surprised if I am not on for days at a time.

Have fun :D

I wanna hear all about it when you get back!

Novaya Equestria
Senator

Founded: May 01, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Novaya Equestria » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:10 am

Fascist Russian Empire wrote:

Sure; I believe that the Google Doc version of the chart can be freely edited, though, if there are going to be changes, obviously they should be declared before being made. Most of the nation details were established independently of previous threads (that is, they aren't based on any past posts), and, thus, a lot of them could be freely changed without creating any contradictions.

I assume, since you're asking, that you have a specific change you'd like to make?

Yep!
READ BELOW!

I RP as Novaya, a Human militaristic nation (cuz anime) and an archipelagic country. I also RP as the Novayan Stellar Commonwealth, a FanFT/FanFFT nation.
Please refer to me/my nation as Novaya in both IC and OOC, NOT Novaya Equestria.

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:22 am

Novaya Equestria wrote:Yep!

And what exactly is the change, then?

Novaya Equestria
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Novaya Equestria » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:03 am

Novaya Equestria wrote:Yep!

And what exactly is the change, then?

Oh, turning one of those nations into a police state under a military dictatorship, and its military being a draft or universal compulsory standing army.

Is anyone alright with making nations in this RP?
READ BELOW!

I RP as Novaya, a Human militaristic nation (cuz anime) and an archipelagic country. I also RP as the Novayan Stellar Commonwealth, a FanFT/FanFFT nation.
Please refer to me/my nation as Novaya in both IC and OOC, NOT Novaya Equestria.

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:12 am

Novaya Equestria wrote:Oh, turning one of those nations into a police state under a military dictatorship, and its military being a draft or universal compulsory standing army.

The military dictatorship part sounds like it would likely contradict some of the things which were established in the epilogue for the previous thread; after all, the epilogue specifically described the kinds of governments that were formed. Conscription laws, sure, that most likely wouldn't contradict anything, but the forms of government have pretty much all been solidly established already, I'm afraid. A military officer character attempting a coup after the IC starts, though, would probably be fine.

As for new nations, it depends, really. New nations within the borders of Equestria most likely wouldn't be possible, as the borders of the region have already been laid out (there isn't really any more room to throw in new Equestrian states). Foreign nations, on the other hand, are fine within reason.

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Postby Frenequesta » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:13 am

Novaya Equestria wrote:
Fascist Russian Empire wrote:And what exactly is the change, then?

Oh, turning one of those nations into a police state under a military dictatorship, and its military being a draft or universal compulsory standing army.

Which one?

I'm fine with making some nations, but I think it's important for the Equestrian nations to be taken.

Novaya Equestria
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Novaya Equestria » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:15 am

Novaya Equestria wrote:Oh, turning one of those nations into a police state under a military dictatorship, and its military being a draft or universal compulsory standing army.

The military dictatorship part sounds like it would likely contradict some of the things which were established in the epilogue for the previous thread; after all, the epilogue specifically described the kinds of governments that were formed. Conscription laws, sure, that most likely wouldn't contradict anything, but the forms of government have pretty much all been solidly established already, I'm afraid. A military officer character attempting a coup after the IC starts, though, would probably be fine.

As for new nations, it depends, really. New nations within the borders of Equestria most likely wouldn't be possible, as the borders of the region have already been laid out (there isn't really any more room to throw in new Equestrian states). Foreign nations, on the other hand, are fine within reason.

Does foreign nations also include those that had ponies, who had former ties with Equestria or something else?
READ BELOW!

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:19 am

Novaya Equestria wrote:Does foreign nations also include those that had ponies, who had former ties with Equestria or something else?

Foreign nations would include all nations outside the borders of Equestria; Yakyakistan and the Griffin Kingdom, for example. Pony nations outside the Equestrian borders would also be considered foreign.

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Postby Frenequesta » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:20 am

Novaya Equestria wrote:
Fascist Russian Empire wrote:The military dictatorship part sounds like it would likely contradict some of the things which were established in the epilogue for the previous thread; after all, the epilogue specifically described the kinds of governments that were formed. Conscription laws, sure, that most likely wouldn't contradict anything, but the forms of government have pretty much all been solidly established already, I'm afraid. A military officer character attempting a coup after the IC starts, though, would probably be fine.

Does foreign nations also include those that had ponies, who had former ties with Equestria or something else?

Yes. Equestria is only one of many nations with ponies in this version of the MLP universe.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse