NATION

PASSWORD

The Awesome Pony Rp : Equestria Divided (OOC, CLOSED)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Frenequesta » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:52 pm

Valgora wrote:I was trying to read the Equestrian States info; however, the table goes off screen for me and I can't read it.

There's also a link to the same chart on Google Sheets if you're having trouble, just below it. Try that.
I’m mostly here for... something to do, I suppose.

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:48 pm

So I still have my Diamond Dogs app from the previous RP, would that work if I just update it and make it much more in-depth on what (at least I feel) went on during the years between this RP and the previous iterations?
Last edited by Turmenista on Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:14 pm

Turmenista wrote:So I still have my Diamond Dogs app from the previous RP, would that work if I just update it and make it much more in-depth on what (at least I feel) went on during the years between this RP and the previous iterations?

Yes, that should be fine; updating old applications is perfectly acceptable.

Ippeia
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ippeia » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:27 am

1. Name: Thidareik af Oium

2. Species: Hippogriff

3. Sex: Male

4. Residence: Canterlot

5. Occupation: Professor at Canterlot University (Archaeologist and Linguist)

6. Appearance: A Tall Hippogriff male, with an eagle-like head, and grey-ish feathers, his hindquarters are equine, with a grey-ish coat. add in olive-coloured eyes behind a set of glasses.

7. Cutie mark: N/A

8. Bio (two paragraphs minimum): Born in the Hippogriff lands, Thidareik was always a rather book-ish hippogriff. Serving in the Hippogriff navy as a code-breaker until he retired due to severe wounds following an incident with the Gryphon Navy. After leaving the armed forces he went to university, excelling in the decoding of the Paleo-Hippogriff language and runes.

After publishing a series of translations of the Old Hippogriff Sagas, he was offered a job as teacher of Hippogriff History at the Royal Canterlot University. He has been a teacher for nearly thirty years by now, and has been a steady source of translations of ancient inscriptions in several expeditions that have recovered various ancient artifacts.

9. Personality: A Hippogriff of age already, Thidareik is a rather down-to-earth one. Usually found in his office with some books on his desk or writing something. While he prefers either a good meal or a good book to, say, an epic quest for *insert ancient superweapon here* he can be convinced to go along (Did anyone say, a new language to decode?)

10. How do you foresee your character contributing to the RP? Be specific, but don’t give away too much. In case you need anyone to aid in locating an ancient superweapon to stop an apocalypse (or a mad prophet), he's the hippogriff to look for.

11. Please certify the following statement (not necessary if this is not your first application):
I certify that I have read and understood the Background, Flutters’ Eleven Commandments, and Fren’s Corollary Principles. I agree to abide by the letter and spirit of the terms of the Commandments and the Principles, and understand that violation of the Commandments or Principles may risk my character(s) being ejected from the RP. (To certify, please link (URL only) to a picture of Pinkie Pie in the space below.)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-OctGFA-k75s/UpAJFCzjyDI/AAAAAAAAADA/R5ioPjJaf-0/s1600/Pinkieasdsad.png
Last edited by Ippeia on Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Postby Frenequesta » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:09 am

Ippeia wrote:
1. Name: Thidareik af Oium

2. Species: Hippogriff

4. Residence: Canterlot

5. Occupation: Teaching at the Royal Canterlot University (Archaeologist and Linguist)

6. Appearance: A Tall Hippogriff male, with an eagle-like head, and grey-ish feathers, his hindquarters are equine, with a grey-ish coat. add in olive-coloured eyes behind a set of glasses.

8. Bio (two paragraphs minimum): Born in the Hippogriff lands, Thidareik was always a rather book-ish hippogriff. Serving in the Hippogriff navy as a code-breaker until he retired due to severe wounds following an incident with the Gryphon Navy. After leaving the armed forces he went to university, excelling in the decoding of the Paleo-Hippogriff language and runes.

After publishing a series of translations of the Old Hippogriff Sagas, he was offered a job as teacher of Hippogriff History at the Royal Canterlot University. He has been a teacher for nearly thirty years by now, and has been a steady source of translations of ancient inscriptions in several expeditions that have recovered various ancient artifacts.

9. Personality: A Hippogriff of age already, Thidareik is a rather down-to-earth one. Usually found in his office with some books on his desk or writing something. While he prefers either a good meal or a good book to, say, an epic quest for *insert ancient superweapon here* he can be convinced to go along (Did anyone say, a new language to decode?)

10. How do you foresee your character contributing to the RP? Be specific, but don’t give away too much. In case you need anyone to aid in locating an ancient superweapon to stop an apocalypse (or a mad prophet), he's the hippogriff to look for.

11. Please certify the following statement (not necessary if this is not your first application):
I certify that I have read and understood the Background, Flutters’ Eleven Commandments, and Fren’s Corollary Principles. I agree to abide by the letter and spirit of the terms of the Commandments and the Principles, and understand that violation of the Commandments or Principles may risk my character(s) being ejected from the RP. (To certify, please link (URL only) to a picture of Pinkie Pie in the space below.)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-OctGFA-k75s/UpAJFCzjyDI/AAAAAAAAADA/R5ioPjJaf-0/s1600/Pinkieasdsad.png

Accepted!

A little point of clarification: You say that Thidareik is a teacher (not professor?) at Royal Canterlot University. We've established a "Canterlot University" (no "Royal") in the past RP threads. Do you mean Royal Canterlot University to be a different institution than Canterlot University?

Ippeia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ippeia » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:14 am

((I had an idea that struck me while looking at Philippe... and at good old Harald Haardrade, feel free to reject him if he goes too much against the established lore, or to suggest editions to be more in-line with it

P.S: I'll edit to ensure continuity then, since it would most likely be the "Canterlot University"))

1. Name: Sigvard Sturrlasson

2. Species: Gryphon

4. Residence: Coltstantinople (from time to time, Canterlot)

5. Occupation: High-Ranking Officer in the Life-Guards (Varygani) of the Basileia Ippeikon, at times sent to the Ippeian Embassy in Canterlot

6. Appearance: Tall, with black feathers and a falcon-like head.

8. Bio (two paragraphs minimum):

Sigvard is the last living member of one of the oldest Gryphon Clans. The Snjárri Clan, dating to an era lost in the ancient legends. Centuries ago the ancient Snjárri Clan from the far north of Gryphonia was dethroned from the High-Kingship by the ancestors of Guto II, who in turn was dethroned by the Blackwing leader Phillip. The Snjárri chose to not support either side in the civil war, preparing instead to lead a second insurrection against the winner... they were crushed before they could attack.

Sigvard, only a child at the time was hushed into a boat heading for Coltstantinople, where his elderly uncle Bergr, served as Captain of the Ippeian Life-Guard regiment, the Varygani. Becoming the only survivor of the main line of the Snjárri Clan after those that remained in Gryphonia were killed, Sigvard seemed to focus instead in rising through the ranks of the guard. Becoming a renowned military commander during a series of punitive expeditions against Saddle-Arabian raiders and fighting in the brief Ippeian-Zebrican War.

So far, no one has approached him with the idea to take the throne, and he has remained silent on the issue... But should the chance present itself, he has already sworn revenge against the children of Guto, and against the Blackwing Clan...

9. Personality: Pragmatic, and Stubborn. Sigvard is a believer in an older form of Gryphon Society, before the feudalist reforms of the earliest kings of Guto's Line, or before the modernizing reforms of Guto I's father. he is also a honor-bound warrior living by a very strict code, and expecting those warriors that follow him to do the same

10. How do you foresee your character contributing to the RP? Be specific, but don’t give away too much. Think of the chances for further intrigue, the personal vendetta is sure to mix into the geopolitics and conflicts already around...

Last edited by Ippeia on Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Postby Frenequesta » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:26 am

Ippeia wrote:((I had an idea that struck me while looking at Philippe... and at good old Harald Haardrade, feel free to reject him if he goes too much against the established lore, or to suggest editions to be more in-line with it

P.S: I'll edit to ensure continuity then, since it would most likely be the "Canterlot University"))

5. Occupation: High-Ranking Officer in the Life-Guards (Varygani) of the Basileia Ippeikon, at times sent to the Ippeian Embassy in Canterlot

Sigvard is the last living member of one of the oldest Gryphon Clans. The Snjárri Clan, dating to an era lost in the ancient legends. Centuries ago the ancient Snjárri Clan from the far north of Gryphonia was dethroned from the High-Kingship by the ancestors of Guto II, who in turn was dethroned by the Blackwing leader Phillip. The Snjárri chose to not support either side in the civil war, preparing instead to lead a second insurrection against the winner... they were crushed before they could attack.

Sigvard, only a child at the time was hushed into a boat heading for Coltstantinople, where his elderly uncle Bergr, served as Captain of the Ippeian Life-Guard regiment, the Varygani. Becoming the only survivor of the main line of the Snjárri Clan after those that remained in Gryphonia were killed, Sigvard seemed to focus instead in rising through the ranks of the guard. Becoming a renowned military commander during a series of punitive expeditions against Saddle-Arabian raiders and fighting in the brief Ippeian-Zebrican War.

So far, no one has approached him with the idea to take the throne, and he has remained silent on the issue... But should the chance present itself, he has already sworn revenge against the children of Guto, and against the Blackwing Clan...

9. Personality: Pragmatic, and Stubborn. Sigvard is a believer in an older form of Gryphon Society, before the feudalist reforms of the earliest kings of Guto's Line, or before the modernizing reforms of Guto I's father. he is also a honor-bound warrior living by a very strict code, and expecting those warriors that follow him to do the same

10. How do you foresee your character contributing to the RP? Be specific, but don’t give away too much. Think of the chances for further intrigue, the personal vendetta is sure to mix into the geopolitics and conflicts already around...

Also Accepted, although I think it's only fair to have FRE weigh in on this before I officially put you up.

I take it that (1) Gryphonia is the Griffon Kingdom, and (2) Coltstanpinople is the capital (or at least a major city) of Ippeia?

Ippeia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ippeia » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:28 am

Frenequesta wrote:Also Accepted, although I think it's only fair to have FRE weigh in on this before I officially put you up.

I take it that (1) Gryphonia is the Griffon Kingdom, and (2) Coltstanpinople is the capital (or at least a major city) of Ippeia?

I will wait then and
1. Yes
2. Also yes, maybe later I'll put up the Emperor, but most of the required info (including the name of the Emperor) can be found in my infobooks... let it be said that the Ippeians are, for all intents, Pony!Byzantium (around the reign of Basil II "Bulgaroktonos" to be more precise)

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:34 am

Ippeia wrote:((I had an idea that struck me while looking at Philippe... and at good old Harald Haardrade, feel free to reject him if he goes too much against the established lore, or to suggest editions to be more in-line with it

You know, I really think Mare-angian Guard would make for a better name than Varygani. Aside from that, everything looks pretty good, although it is a bit strange to have Scandinavian-style names coming from a country which typically has more French-style names.
Last edited by Fascist Russian Empire on Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ippeia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ippeia » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:38 am

Fascist Russian Empire wrote:You know, I really think Mare-angian Guard would make for a better name than Varygani. Aside from that, everything looks pretty good.

Let's say that the Ippeians are part of a World-Building project I have with a friend... and at some point (considering that most nations are either named after a word for "horse" or "equine" in the language of their closest equivalents, or after a horse-breed, we decided that we had enough horse-puns to last us for a few timelines xD I kinda got bored, shuffled letters, and it remained like that

I did specify the Far North of the Griffon Lands... maybe the clans of the far north are less french-like compared to Griffonstone?

EDIT: Oh! May I add the Hippogrif realm and the Ippeians to the chart? just curious
Last edited by Ippeia on Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:50 am

Ippeia wrote:Let's say that the Ippeians are part of a World-Building project I have with a friend... and at some point (considering that most nations are either named after a word for "horse" or "equine" in the language of their closest equivalents, or after a horse-breed, we decided that we had enough horse-puns to last us for a few timelines xD I kinda got bored, shuffled letters, and it remained like that

I did specify the Far North of the Griffon Lands... maybe the clans of the far north are less french-like compared to Griffonstone?

EDIT: Oh! May I add the Hippogrif realm and the Ippeians to the chart? just curious

Sure, that would be a satisfactory explanation; the north and south of the Griffin Kingdom have cultural differences. It could be like Englishmen and Scotsmen, or Occitans and Frenchmen.

And yes, actually, please do; it would be rather nice to have the details of these two countries added onto the chart.

Nocturniica
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nocturniica » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:11 pm

1. Name: Chilling Wind

2. Species: Nocturnus, which is commonly referred to as "Batpony".

2x. Note on Species: My nation is based around my headcanons on Nocturnii, and the factbook and dispatch I have talk quite a bit about them. Basically I see them as having abilities similar to Pegasi, since they can fly and have powerful wings. However, they also have echolocation, very good hearing capabilities, can see better at night than typical "Diurnal" ponies, and have longer pelts than most Pony species. However, their main magic/trait is their voices: some can emit powerful "shrieks/booms" that can sometimes be powerful enough to explode timberwolves, but usually push back enemies and disorient them for a time. I base their personalities/talents off of some research I did on real bats, and I see them as living in large family groups/colonies/towns in trees, caverns, and big cities. I see them as very sociable and very noisy, and also able to communicate in frequencies only their species can hear.

So yeah, now you know what I mean when I say "Nocturnus"... kinda. Is that too much to say? Do I need to say more?

4. Residence: Coltstantinople (Originally Hollow Shades)

5. Occupation: mercenary/retainer for Sigvard Sturlasson

6. Appearance: Light grey, fluffy pelt, with black hooves, and black mane/tail with a light blue and medium green streak; webbed wings which are black and glossy with sharp claws at the thumb; also has notable fangs. Also has green eyes.

Link to picture: http://sta.sh/0rvbwc7oisy
7. Cutie mark: A light blue gust of wind which also looks reminiscent of claw marks/ blades.

He grew up in Hollow Shades with a small colony of Nocturnii who were nocturnal.
He had a large family, and grew up very happy. Then the Gryphon king attacked. When it was clear they couldn't win the fight, he helped many of the colony escape, and was among the scouts who found a new home for them in a cavern hidden in the Northwest. While things were still getting settled, he became a sentry that often fought off attackers or monsters that got too close to the cavern. After the war, the colony trusted him and wanted him to be a leader, but he refused. He wasn't the leader type. Although he wanted to settle down and have a peaceful life, the war had changed him. Most of his sense of humor was gone and he became very serious, and much more cynical than he ever had been. Plus, he was always on edge, and it was weird for him to stay at home, NOT fighting something. He knew he could never live his happy life again, especially since almost all of his family was killed. Only he and his sister survived in their family, in fact.

Although his sister tried to convince him to stay, he ended up roaming between friendly nations, and became a mercenary. Often he was hired to fight off some terrifying beast that strayed into a village, or take out some minor political figure that was turning... down a dark path. Every now and then he returned to the hidden colony and told his sister of his life. His sister did manage to convince him to turn down some jobs, but he always ended up back on the road again. His travels led him to meet Sigvard, who hired him to be a retainer for him. Wind accepted, on one condition: that he be allowed to take his sister with him. Hence, he is now working for Sigvard.

9. Personality:

Serious, cynical, very alert and aware of his environment. On the outside he appears to be cold and unapproachable, but to his sister and the few friends he has left, he shows a softer, warmer side. Deep down he is caring and listens to his conscience, but on the outside he makes himself look colder and tougher than he is.

Part Tsundere, part guy that lived through a horrifying experience and finds it hard to relax afterwards.

10. How do you foresee your character contributing to the RP? Be specific, but don’t give away too much.

Well he's gonna be by Sigvard's side, probably saving his life. If anything happens to his sister, he's gonna snap, trust me.
We shall see.

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cosplayisland.co.uk%2Ffiles%2Fcostumes%2F1513%2F38693%2FPinkiePieHiRes.png&f=1

((( OOC: I am willing to clarify anything )))
Last edited by Nocturniica on Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Ippeia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ippeia » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:19 pm

Nocturniica wrote:

2x. Note on Species: My nation is based around my headcanons on Nocturnii, and the factbook and dispatch I have talk quite a bit about them. Basically I see them as having abilities similar to Pegasi, since they can fly and have powerful wings. However, they also have echolocation, very good hearing capabilities, can see better at night than typical "Diurnal" ponies, and have longer pelts than most Pony species. However, their main magic/trait is their voices: some can emit powerful "shrieks/booms" that can sometimes be powerful enough to explode timberwolves, but usually push back enemies and disorient them for a time. I base their personalities/talents off of some research I did on real bats, and I see them as living in large family groups/colonies/towns in trees, caverns, and big cities. I see them as very sociable and very noisy, and also able to communicate in frequencies only their species can hear.

So yeah, now you know what I mean when I say "Nocturnus"... kinda. Is that too much to say? Do I need to say more?

5. Occupation: Bodyguard/mercenary/retainer for Sigvard Sturlasson

6. Appearance: Light grey, fluffy pelt, with black hooves, and black mane/tail with a light blue and medium green streak; webbed wings which are black and glossy with sharp claws at the elbow joint; also has notable fangs.

7. Cutie mark: A light blue gust of wind which also looks reminiscent of claw marks/ blades.

He grew up in Hollow Shades with a small colony of Nocturnii who were nocturnal.
He had a large family, and grew up very happy. Then the Gryphon king attacked. When it was clear they couldn't win the fight, he helped many of the colony escape, and was among the scouts who found a new home for them in a cavern hidden in the Northwest. While things were still getting settled, he became a sentry that often fought off attackers or monsters that got too close to the cavern. After the war, the colony trusted him and wanted him to be a leader, but he refused. He wasn't the leader type. Although he wanted to settle down and have a peaceful life, the war had changed him. Most of his sense of humor was gone and he became very serious, and much more cynical than he ever had been. Plus, he was always on edge, and it was weird for him to stay at home, NOT fighting something. He knew he could never live his happy life again, especially since almost all of his family was killed. Only he and his sister survived in their family, in fact.

Although his sister tried to convince him to stay, he ended up roaming between friendly nations, and became a mercenary. Often he was hired to fight off some terrifying beast that strayed into a village, or take out some minor political figure that was turning... down a dark path. Every now and then he returned to the hidden colony and told his sister of his life. His sister did manage to convince him to turn down some jobs, but he always ended up back on the road again. His travels led him to meet Sigvard, who hired him to be a bodyguard for him. Wind accepted, on one condition: that he be allowed to take his sister with him. Hence, he is now working for Sigvard.

9. Personality:

Serious, cynical, very alert and aware of his environment. On the outside he appears to be cold and unapproachable, but to his sister and the few friends he has left, he shows a softer, warmer side. Deep down he is caring and listens to his conscience, but on the outside he makes himself look colder and tougher than he is.

Part Tsundere, part guy that lived through a horrifying experience and finds it hard to relax afterwards.

10. How do you foresee your character contributing to the RP? Be specific, but don’t give away too much.

Well he's gonna be by Sigvard's side, probably saving his life. If anything happens to his sister, he's gonna snap, trust me.
We shall see.

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cosplayisland.co.uk%2Ffiles%2Fcostumes%2F1513%2F38693%2FPinkiePieHiRes.png&f=1

((( OOC: I am willing to clarify anything but right now IRL I gotta go. Probably be back in a few hours. Seeya! )))

Bodyguard? For an equivalent of a Varangian? I can see "retainer" or some sort of other agreement... but we're talking about a guy that has spent the last decade (or a bit more maybe?) or so training for combat and in the thick of it...

please change that little bit, other than that, it's cool, but the approval won't come for me... just needed to voice that thought

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Postby Frenequesta » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:52 pm

Nocturniica wrote:

5. Occupation: Bodyguard/mercenary/retainer for Sigvard Sturlasson

6. Appearance: Light grey, fluffy pelt, with black hooves, and black mane/tail with a light blue and medium green streak; webbed wings which are black and glossy with sharp claws at the elbow joint; also has notable fangs.

Although his sister tried to convince him to stay, he ended up roaming between friendly nations, and became a mercenary. Often he was hired to fight off some terrifying beast that strayed into a village, or take out some minor political figure that was turning... down a dark path. Every now and then he returned to the hidden colony and told his sister of his life. His sister did manage to convince him to turn down some jobs, but he always ended up back on the road again. His travels led him to meet Sigvard, who hired him to be a bodyguard for him. Wind accepted, on one condition: that he be allowed to take his sister with him. Hence, he is now working for Sigvard.

9. Personality:

We shall see.

((( OOC: I am willing to clarify anything but right now IRL I gotta go. Probably be back in a few hours. Seeya! )))

I will accept this application upon the changes requested by Ippeia. Interesting to have another bat pony around.

Fascist Russian Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Russian Empire » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:22 pm

Frenequesta wrote:I will accept this application upon the changes requested by Ippeia. Interesting to have another bat pony around.

Another one? Which other ones are there? Peacekeeper is the only one I know of right now (him and Chilling Wind, of course).

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Postby Frenequesta » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:05 pm

Fascist Russian Empire wrote:
Frenequesta wrote:I will accept this application upon the changes requested by Ippeia. Interesting to have another bat pony around.

Another one? Which other ones are there? Peacekeeper is the only one I know of right now (him and Chilling Wind, of course).

Yes, I just meant Peacekeeper.

Nocturniica
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nocturniica » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:19 pm

Frenequesta wrote:
Nocturniica wrote:[spoiler=Application]1. Name: Chilling Wind

I will accept this application upon the changes requested by Ippeia. Interesting to have another bat pony around.

Changed and done! Thank you so much! Also note: I'm going to make one for his sister. So hang tight for that! Plus, I added his eye color. Can't believe I forgot that!
Last edited by Nocturniica on Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nocturniica
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nocturniica » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:35 pm

1. Name: Soothing Lullaby

2. Species: Nocturnus (AKA: Batpony.)

3. Sex: Female

4. Residence: Coltstantinople, originally Hollow Shades

5. Occupation: Companion/retainer for Sigvard, like her brother, Chilling Wind

6. Appearance: Silvery, shiny, fluffy pelt, pale blue eyes, black mane and tail with a light blue and medium green stripe, and black, glossy wings with claws at the end of the fingers, not the elbow.

7. Cutie mark: Three green music notes with sound waves radiating out from them in a big circle of blue lines.

Her special talent is singing songs that comfort people, whether it's calming a wild beast or helping a foal sleep after having a nightmare.

During the war, Lullaby watched as many of her friends and almost all of her family was killed in battle. Her brother protected her and led her, along with what was left of their colony, to a new home in a hidden cavern far away from Hollow Shades.

While her brother was out fighting with other Nocturnii, she was at home, helping the residents sleep and calming those who were frightened with her soothing songs. There were others with similar talents, and all of them were constantly flying from one home to another, trying to keep everybat's spirits as calm as possible.

Although the war was hard on her, instead of becoming cynical like her brother, instead she became more compassionate and sensitive to the needs of other creatures around herself. After the war was over, she sensed that her brother was restless, and wanted to soothe him too, but he wouldn't harken to her words, and it pained her to see him leave.

Whenever he came home, she would try to convince him to stay, but he wouldn't. However, she did convince him to not accept certain job offers he told her about, and that brought some peace of mind to herself. Eventually Chilling Wind returned and informed her that he would be permanently moving to Coltstantinople because a certain Gryphon had hired him to be a companion/retainer, and the job was also offered to Soothing Lullaby herself, if she wanted to come with him.

This decision was one of the hardest ones for her to make: leave the colony---all her friends and her "family" that she lived with her whole life... or go with her beloved brother far, far away... leave her "family" to go with the last of her blood family, or allow the last of her blood family to leave her while she stayed with those she loved. Who could choose?

Eventually she did choose, and decided to go with her brother. Although she sometimes worries about those back at the cavern, she is glad she chose to go with her brother, and is honored to serve Sigvard.

9. Personality:

Kind, caring, compassionate, stubborn at times, sometimes worries too much about those she loves. Can sometimes work so hard she exhausts herself, and needs someone to tell her when to quit, which is currently her brother.

Mainly balancing out Chilling Wind so that he doesn't be too cold or callous while Chilling Wind balances her out so that she doesn't worry too much or work too hard. Other than that... well... *shrug*

As a Nocturnus, her voice does technically have some innate magic in it, and she has fine-tuned it to soothe others... there is a chance some wicked creature could try to magically engineer that to be a weapon... but other than that I don't plan on her getting too much of a major character, unless everyone agrees. I mainly see her as the advisor type, not the main person.

((OOC: Willing to make changes, and I hope I got everything. ))

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Postby Frenequesta » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:50 pm

Nocturniica wrote:
1. Name: Soothing Lullaby

2. Species: Nocturnus (AKA: Batpony.)

3. Sex: Female

4. Residence: Coltstantinople, originally Hollow Shades

5. Occupation: Companion/retainer for Sigvard, like her brother, Chilling Wind

6. Appearance: Silvery, shiny, fluffy pelt, pale blue eyes, black mane and tail with a light blue and medium green stripe, and black, glossy wings with claws at the end of the fingers, not the elbow.

7. Cutie mark: Three green music notes with sound waves radiating out from them in a big circle of blue lines.

Her special talent is singing songs that comfort people, whether it's calming a wild beast or helping a foal sleep after having a nightmare.

During the war, Lullaby watched as many of her friends and almost all of her family was killed in battle. Her brother protected her and led her, along with what was left of their colony, to a new home in a hidden cavern far away from Hollow Shades.

While her brother was out fighting with other Nocturnii, she was at home, helping the residents sleep and calming those who were frightened with her soothing songs. There were others with similar talents, and all of them were constantly flying from one home to another, trying to keep everybat's spirits as calm as possible.

Although the war was hard on her, instead of becoming cynical like her brother, instead she became more compassionate and sensitive to the needs of other creatures around herself. After the war was over, she sensed that her brother was restless, and wanted to soothe him too, but he wouldn't harken to her words, and it pained her to see him leave.

Whenever he came home, she would try to convince him to stay, but he wouldn't. However, she did convince him to not accept certain job offers he told her about, and that brought some peace of mind to herself. Eventually Chilling Wind returned and informed her that he would be permanently moving to Coltstantinople because a certain Gryphon had hired him to be a companion/retainer, and the job was also offered to Soothing Lullaby herself, if she wanted to come with him.

This decision was one of the hardest ones for her to make: leave the colony---all her friends and her "family" that she lived with her whole life... or go with her beloved brother far, far away... leave her "family" to go with the last of her blood family, or allow the last of her blood family to leave her while she stayed with those she loved. Who could choose?

Eventually she did choose, and decided to go with her brother. Although she sometimes worries about those back at the cavern, she is glad she chose to go with her brother, and is honored to serve Sigvard.

9. Personality:

Kind, caring, compassionate, stubborn at times, sometimes worries too much about those she loves. Can sometimes work so hard she exhausts herself, and needs someone to tell her when to quit, which is currently her brother.

Mainly balancing out Chilling Wind so that he doesn't be too cold or callous while Chilling Wind balances her out so that she doesn't worry too much or work too hard. Other than that... well... *shrug*

As a Nocturnus, her voice does technically have some innate magic in it, and she has fine-tuned it to soothe others... there is a chance some wicked creature could try to magically engineer that to be a weapon... but other than that I don't plan on her getting too much of a major character, unless everyone agrees. I mainly see her as the advisor type, not the main person.

((OOC: Willing to make changes, and I hope I got everything. ))

The second certification wasn't necessary, but accepted.

The Flutterlands
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Flutterlands » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:04 pm

I like these apps being made.
Call me Flutters - Minister of Justice of the Federation of the Shy One - Fluttershy is best pony
Who I side with - My Discord - OC Pony - Pitch Black
White, American, Male, Asexual, Deist, Autistic with Aspergers and ADHD, Civil Liberatarian and Democratic Socialist, Brony and Whovian. I have Neurofibromatosis Type 1. I'm also INTJ
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.77
Pros: Choice, Democracy, Liberatarianism, Populism, Secularism, Equal Rights, Contraceptives, Immigration, Environmentalism, Free Speech and Egalitarianism
Con: Communism, Fascism, SJW 'Feminism', Terrorism, Homophobia, Transphobia, Xenophobia, Death Penalty, Totalitarianism, Neoliberalism, and War.
Ravenclaw

Eqqus
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Eqqus » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:21 am

I just got the telegram, and I am definitely interested, but it is past 1:00 AM for me, and I don't have time to read the rules.

Which I am going to do pretty much first thing in the morning.

One question, though (since I am new to this). Does the character have to have some sort of political influence to work with this RP? What sorts of roles work in a setting like this?

I already know that I will have to modify a previous character or create one out of whole cloth, but I want some sort of idea to percolate in my mind as I read about the universe, and the rules of the RP.

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Postby Frenequesta » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:26 am

Eqqus wrote:I just got the telegram, and I am definitely interested, but it is past 1:00 AM for me, and I don't have time to read the rules.

Which I am going to do pretty much first thing in the morning.

One question, though (since I am new to this). Does the character have to have some sort of political influence to work with this RP? What sorts of roles work in a setting like this?

I already know that I will have to modify a previous character or create one out of whole cloth, but I want some sort of idea to percolate in my mind as I read about the universe, and the rules of the RP.

Four characters (Smoky Topaz [the President of the Republic of Cataract, a character I developed in previous RPs but have now offered to others], the President of Sierra Palomino, the Chancellor of Nubes-Synnefo, the Grand Duke/Duchess of Baltimare) already have a guaranteed significant role to play in the RP, you can choose one of those to base your character off of (and I encourage you to do so).

Other than that, the best sorts of roles that work for this RP, besides politicians, are diplomats, high-ranking military personnel, business leaders, activists, celebrities, intellectuals, religious figures--basically anyone with significant political, military, economic, or cultural influence.
Last edited by Frenequesta on Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eqqus
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Eqqus » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:32 am

Frenequesta wrote:Four characters (Smoky Topaz [the President of the Republic of Cataract, a character I developed in previous RPs but have now offered to others], the President of Sierra Palomino, the Chancellor of Nubes-Synnefo, the Grand Duke/Duchess of Baltimare) already have a guaranteed significant role to play in the RP, you can choose one of those to base your character off of (and I encourage you to do so).

Other than that, the best sorts of roles that work for this RP, besides politicians, are diplomats, high-ranking military personnel, business leaders, activists, celebrities, intellectuals, religious figures--basically anyone with significant political, military, economic, or cultural influence.

Thanks! Also, what is the time limit? As in, how long do I have to develop my character and submit an application before this starts?

Additionally, I will of course defer to your canon, but I am curious on why you give the Earth ponies less powers than in canon. Not that it really matters in a political sense, but I thought it a bit strange. (It was confirmed in Season 4 that an Earth pony's higher strength was due to their magic. The only actual unconfirmed thing was the agricultural ability, though it was implied by the Hearth's Warming story.)

This won't really affect my character or the RP, though, so it doesn't really matter. I'm just curious if you had a specific reason.

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Postby Frenequesta » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:58 am

Eqqus wrote:
Frenequesta wrote:Four characters (Smoky Topaz [the President of the Republic of Cataract, a character I developed in previous RPs but have now offered to others], the President of Sierra Palomino, the Chancellor of Nubes-Synnefo, the Grand Duke/Duchess of Baltimare) already have a guaranteed significant role to play in the RP, you can choose one of those to base your character off of (and I encourage you to do so).

Thanks! Also, what is the time limit? As in, how long do I have to develop my character and submit an application before this starts?

Additionally, I will of course defer to your canon, but I am curious on why you give the Earth ponies less powers than in canon. Not that it really matters in a political sense, but I thought it a bit strange. (It was confirmed in Season 4 that an Earth pony's higher strength was due to their magic. The only actual unconfirmed thing was the agricultural ability, though it was implied by the Hearth's Warming story.)

This won't really affect my character or the RP, though, so it doesn't really matter. I'm just curious if you had a specific reason.

I'd prefer to get the IC started within the next two weeks, but that of course depends on whether those required characters will be taken or not.

Not listing the earth ponies' strength was an oversight on my part. (What episode was that, by the way? I can't recall off the top of my head.)
Last edited by Frenequesta on Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:18 pm

1. Name: Rex

2. Species: Diamond Dog

4. Residence: "Diamondgrad", located in a former Diamond Dog underground stronghold near the Appleoosan Mountains (I know, I know, I suck with names)
Explanation:In the Reboot of the Reboot, the original underground Stronghold was raided by a trio of dragons (Remember Yang) and two ponies in search of the stockpile of riches held by the dogs. A a set of tunneling explosives detonated by the raiding force in an emergency move caused a massive collapse to occur underground, burying virtually the entire original section of the stronghold under rocks. Rex and the other survivors fled deeper into the mineral-rich depths of the caverns and established a new settlement, gradually chipping away at the rocks with new technology in order to reclaim the old parts of the stronghold. As of the starting of this roleplay, the original section of the stronghold, officially dubbed Diamondgrad, has been fully reclaimed and repaired, acting as the de facto capital for Rex's unrecognized Diamond Dog nation.

5. Occupation: De facto leader of "Diamondgrad", Soldier

6. Appearance: To get a general idea of what he looks like in a more diamond dogs-like style. Source

8. Bio:
Prior to Under the Shadow of War, Rex was still a young Diamond Dog pup under the tutelage of his father, when he made his first raid on a gold shipment bound to some pony city. His father simply wanted to show his son the thrill and adventure of his craft, but Rex simply wanted more than that. He wanted to experience that raw adrenaline of raiding the ponies ruling the surface once more and striking back at where it hurt most - their purses. One raid turned into ten, and ten soon turned into dozens. As his hoard grew, so did their pack, with the stronghold becoming the largest and most notorious settlement ever seen since the Mane 6's original venture into the caverns.

Unlike the one the six mares visited, however, this settlement was much more aggressive and dangerous, to the point of where even a Royal Guard expedition had to fall back and retreat out of the tunnels (as dictated by one of the raiders on the stronghold in The Reboot of the Reboot). For a while, it seemed as if nobody was ever going to police the dogs, until one day, a certain trio of dragons looking for work, alongside a certain well armed pegasus and one of the former Royal Guards on the expedition, had organized a plan to both wipe out the dogs for good, and acquire a load of money whilst doing so.

Rex was present in Frost's raid on his home, the serpentine Dragon being responsible for numerous deaths of his Diamond dog brethren alongside Forge, Yang, and Silver Wing. Rex was forced to witness his father get effortlessly crushed by a falling rock when a set of explosives were detonated by the raiders, intending on covering their exit as well as destroying the diamond dog hole once and for all. After a duel with one of the attackers, the Dragon known as Yang, Rex was wounded and forced to flee further into the mineral-rich depths of the stronghold, leaving behind a vast majority of his riches, weapons 1 and most importantly, his home - behind, under several tons of rocks and debris.

Originally intending to strike back against the group, whom had since disbanded and gone their separate ways, Rex soon realized that he - and his Dogs - were in no condition whatsoever to organize a counter offensive on them, let alone on anyone for that matter. In addition to this, he was without a father, and his dogs were without a leader. The Dogs had everything that they could use - literal caves full of riches, weapons, and manpower, but could only do so much without a leader. Realizing the severity of their situation, Rex took it upon himself to repair the damage done in the attack, vowing to one day strike back against the dragons that caused him this pain.

Over the next couple of years, the Dogs rebuilt their home, gradually chipping away at the rocks and debris as they grew in size and power over time. To catch up to the ponies above ground, Rex took it upon himself to industrialize the Diamond Dog settlement and learn the ways of modern industry for the benefit of his new home. Fueled by the abundance of natural resources within a literal arm's reach of the dogs, the Diamond Dog industry was kickstarted and sent into overdrive. Very soon, factories began replacing traditional paw-powered labor, while the introduction of a new power grid with electricity and geothermal power (still a work in progress on the latter) allowed the otherwise dark underground to be lit up with a new, bright source of energy. Most importantly, however, these factories proved to be excellent production sites for weapons, armor, and other military appliances, which Rex saw use of in the form of the Diamondgrad Defense Force (DDF), the stronghold's first organized volunteer militia which served as a defense force against any further Dragon or otherwise pony threats. At the head of the DDF, of course, was Rex, who seemed more adamant about seeing to the creation of a unified Diamond Dog community, rather than just a "more organized group of bandits and miners."

As of the beginning of Equestria Divided, the stronghold, officially dubbed the Community of Diamondgrad, has extended beyond its previously-established borders set by the debris and reclaimed the caverns it had held before the massive collapse, and for the most part has sustained itself on its own without major external help. However, Rex wanted more from his community. He wanted a self-sustaining "nation" that all of Diamond Dogkind could live in to be recognized on the international scale. He wanted a nation, not just a pack, to call his home and everyone else's home, and most importantly, he wanted the world dominated by the ponies to know just how successful a settlement like this, let alone led by Diamond Dogs, could be. While many of the dogs in Diamondgrad are reluctant to the idea of a nation like this ever existing, Rex and the DDF think otherwise, and have instead prepared a document that no one - neither pony, nor griffon, nor changeling - would ever expect coming from the Diamond Dogs:

A unilateral declaration of independence.

9. Personality: Being a Diamond Dog, Rex of course has a natural obsession with shiny things - jewels, Diamonds, weapons, gold, and especially gold. Rex suffers somewhat from a hoarding mentality - if he sees something of interest, he feels the impulse to take it and keep it in his hoard, be it nobody's possession or someone else's possession. Regardless, Rex also has a natural mentality to stick with his pack - he has a very close bond with all of the Diamond Dogs living with him in Diamondgrad, especially as the de facto leader of the new settlement. As leader, Rex takes full responsibility and considers all of the dogs under him a member of his family rather than just some cog in a machine, and will do the best to protect them even if it calls for making a few sacrifices. Of course, his hoarding mentality can often take priority over his leadership, but rarely does it now that the settlement is officially up and running.

10. How do you foresee your character contributing to the RP? Be specific, but don’t give away too much. As an unrecognized state (like Rhodesia), I see that Diamondgrad may possibly be the focus of a few minor debates and discussions on the larger political scale in Equestria as it slowly gains importance over time - with all the new countries and powers forming in the RP, I expect they'd take the existence of an organized settlement like this, let alone led by armed Diamond Dogs, very seriously, especially given how fast is has grown. With Rex being virtually the only figure of importance in Diamondgrad to the outsiders he'll most definitely be the focal point of many of these discussions and debates, but for the most part I see Rex contributing to the further development of Diamondgrad not just as a settlement, but its own self-sustaining country in the end. If war breaks out, he'll be neutral unless otherwise specified.

Link
Last edited by Turmenista on Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse