NATION

PASSWORD

Bloody September | 1821 | AH | OOC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Military Lands of the Scottish People
Senator

Founded: Jul 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Fri May 26, 2017 11:20 am

Messaging people to update their reservations and if I do not get a reply by about 6 I will simply take it off. I am keeping Soviet's however as I do remember him in my older roleplays and I do trust him.
If you need to contact me, the best way is through either joining the Cobalt Network Discord or adding me on it. My username is Hollywood #6420. I get on NS once or twice a week on average.

I have been on here for a while and I have came and went but this Region, Cobalt Network, its full of great people. I recommend you try to join it.
Proud Cobaltian Citizen, November 13, 2017 - Present

Minister of Internal Affairs, March 23rd, 2018 - October 13th, 2018 (two terms)
Vice President, January 16th, 2019 - May 8th, 2019 (One Term)
Recipient of the Cobalt Iron Cross during 2018s N Day.
I do not put a lot of effort here, in regards to my signature, I hope that does not make you think any less of me <3

The Unified Isles
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Isles » Fri May 26, 2017 11:26 am

Military Lands of the Scottish People wrote:Accepted, however I simply do not see the Swiss Cantons supporting a war with their very large, experienced neighbors.

Depends on the cantons I'd say. Richer, influential City-Cantons like Zürich, Bern or Basel might be interested in Swiss expansionism. Border cantons might be afraid of the neighbouring states, which could really push them in either direction. The cantons of central Switzerland like Uri or Schwyz would probably be against it. I'll be sure to include negotiations in the Confederal Parliament in my posts though ^^

Also, Swiss neutrality historically first became internationally recognized and official doctrine of Switzerland during the Vienna Congress, so I'll guess I'll have some leeway regarding that ;-)

On another note, whom would Geneva belong to? (And the other parts of Francophone Switzerland)

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Fri May 26, 2017 11:45 am

The Unified Isles wrote:
Military Lands of the Scottish People wrote:Accepted, however I simply do not see the Swiss Cantons supporting a war with their very large, experienced neighbors.

Depends on the cantons I'd say. Richer, influential City-Cantons like Zürich, Bern or Basel might be interested in Swiss expansionism. Border cantons might be afraid of the neighbouring states, which could really push them in either direction. The cantons of central Switzerland like Uri or Schwyz would probably be against it. I'll be sure to include negotiations in the Confederal Parliament in my posts though ^^

Also, Swiss neutrality historically first became internationally recognized and official doctrine of Switzerland during the Vienna Congress, so I'll guess I'll have some leeway regarding that ;-)

On another note, whom would Geneva belong to? (And the other parts of Francophone Switzerland)

A French influenced Canton. Frankfurt states we can occupy the region during wars, with or without your permission. Well go through it and stay in it.
If you need to contact me, the best way is through either joining the Cobalt Network Discord or adding me on it. My username is Hollywood #6420. I get on NS once or twice a week on average.

I have been on here for a while and I have came and went but this Region, Cobalt Network, its full of great people. I recommend you try to join it.

I do not put a lot of effort here, in regards to my signature, I hope that does not make you think any less of me <3

Soviet Chernarus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Chernarus » Fri May 26, 2017 12:29 pm

Military Lands of the Scottish People wrote:Messaging people to update their reservations and if I do not get a reply by about 6 I will simply take it off. I am keeping Soviet's however as I do remember him in my older roleplays and I do trust him.

I'm almost done, I just need to finish my history and my economy

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Fri May 26, 2017 1:41 pm

Soviet Chernarus wrote:
Military Lands of the Scottish People wrote:Messaging people to update their reservations and if I do not get a reply by about 6 I will simply take it off. I am keeping Soviet's however as I do remember him in my older roleplays and I do trust him.

I'm almost done, I just need to finish my history and my economy

That is fine.

I might make another application, a smaller power. I intend on doing Greece. I will tell you all whether or not I intend to do it.

Soviet Chernarus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Chernarus » Fri May 26, 2017 1:42 pm

Formal Nation Name: Kingdom of Hungary
Informal name: Hungary
Population: 3 million (in claimed territories)
Territory: The rebellion currently controls Hungarian land west of the Danube River, along with a pocket centered in Debrecen and territory in Northern Serbia.
Capital city: Debrecen

Government form: Provisional government
Head of State: Anton of Esterházy
Head of Government: Anton of Esterházy
Description of how government works: The Hungarian Kingdom is currently in a status of rebellion against the Ottoman invaders; its government is lead by the National Defense Committee, a group of prominent Hungarian politicians and generals whose main goal is the restoration of Hungary, free from both Austrian and Ottoman control. The Committee is headed by Anton II, who has the final authority in decisions made by the National Defense Committee. Despite this seemingly authoritarian structure, the scattered Hungarian guerrillas and rebel-held territories means that the government is heavily decentralized. Most of the actual power comes from the various heads of the towns, villages, and military forces, who control localized areas.
Prevalent government ideologies: The current ideology of the rebellion is one of intense Hungarian nationalism, liberal reform and a constitutional monarchy. It seeks independence from both Austria and the Ottoman Empire, and to restore its authority over all of Hungary. In order to achieve this, the Hungarian army must forcefully assert itself, particularly in restless Croatia and Transylvania.
Description of Foreign Policy: The Hungarian rebellion is willing to accept arms and supplies from almost any country. In terms of alignment, Hungary has seen neighboring Poland as a possible ally. Despite the internal turmoil and its friendly relations with the Ottomans, some members of the Hungarian leadership have begun to see France as a potential ally to contain Austria. Prussia, Bavaria, Italy, and even Muhammad Ali's Egypt have also been considered as possible allies, as Hungary seeks to limit the power of its enemies and secure its position in Europe.

Military Size: ~100,000
Description of Military: After being badly mauled during the Ottoman invasion, the Hungarian army has become an army of guerrillas and insurgents. Mostly equipped with Austrian, French, Polish, and stolen Ottoman arms, there is little organizational structure to speak of; the vast majority of the military is composed of small bands of insurgents, many of them peasants drawn from the countryside. Guerrillas are often only active for several weeks at a time, before returning to their villages. This has meant that much of the fighting is heavily localized, and focused on harassing supply lines and bleeding the enemy white. The only standing army consists of the brown-coated Honved, or National Guard, which were called into active duty following the Ottoman invasion. Honved compose some 15,000 standing troops and are the only soldiers capable in facing the Ottomans in a pitched battle.

The Hungarian navy, due to the lack of ocean access, is non-existent.
Key strengths and weaknesses of military:
Strengths-
Guerrilla warfare
Massive popular support (especially from the peasants)
High morale

Weaknesses-
Lack of training
Field battles
Poor weaponry and equipment
Lack of heavy cavalry and artillery

Land claims: This
Description of popular ideology: The most popular ideology, by far, is the one espoused by Anton II and his rebellion. Lured by promises of reform, the Hungarian peasants have decided to overwhelmingly support Anton II and his goal for the establishment of an independent Hungarian state. However, there are also a number of other prominent ideologies; the Nikolausites (named after Nikolaus II, the brother of Anton II) are opposed to the Ottomans but favor re-unification with the Austrians. Supported mostly by the conservative nobility, the Nikolausites are split on whether Hungary should be on equal terms with Austria (think Austria-Hungary) or if the situation should revert to the pre-Napoleonic Austrian Empire. There is also a minor Jacobin movement; with the execution of most Hungarian Jacobins in the 1790s, the Jacobins suffer from a lack of leadership and are often directionless. They support the establishment of an independent Hungarian state as a republic instead of a kingdom. Along with these three ideologies, there are a number of independence movements within Hungary, the strongest being in Transylvania and Croatia.
Description of economy: The economy of Hungary has remained, for the most part, agricultural; under the Austrian Empire, it remained based off feudal policies. The conservative Hungarian nobility, who favored the status quo, kept the peasants under serfdom, exploiting them for short-term gain. Over recent years, the state of the Hungarian economy has been thrown into extreme uncertainty; Anton II has promised reforms for the peasants, but the lands of Hungary are now being devastated by strife and bloodshed. All the Hungarian people are obliged to provide what little they have for the war effort. Despite this, Anton II has refused to forcefully requisition food and supplies from the populace unless absolute necessary. Unemployment is high, as black markets deliver many essential goods at over-inflated prices. Poor harvests have resulted in famines and disease is rampant, severely limiting economic productivity and growth.
Goals:
-Drive the Ottomans from Hungary
-Restore the Hungarian Kingdom's claimed territories
-Establish a Kingdom under Anton II
-Maintain independence by establishing alliances to contain Hungary's enemies
-Rebuild the military and the economy
History of your nation:
POD: This is a fairly minor POD -- Anton I, Prince Esterhazy de Galantha, has a second son who manages to survive the Austro-Turkish War (IOTL he died). His experiences in the Austro-Turkish War causes a sense of disillusionment with the Austrians, who he begins to despise as they send Hungarian men to fight for their wars.

The Napoleonic Wars caused a massive upheaval across Europe; the Old European Order was irrevocably shattered. As entire coalitions of nations fell under the Napoleonic onslaught, his successes shattered and bankrupted the once-great Austrian Empire. Sensing opportunity, a resurgent Ottoman Empire struck from the rear, ultimately occupying all of Hungary in a series of campaigns. Nikolaus II, the brother of Anton, fled to Vienna; he had previously been offered the crown of Hungary by Napoleon in 1809 after he had prevailed in Wagram. Out of loyalty to the Austrian crown, he declined. However, his younger brother Anton would be another story; while he had kept his dislike of the Hapsburgs private, Anton saw an opportunity for his dream of an independent Hungary to be fulfilled. Having went into hiding, Anton began to scheme and plot with his supporters. He hoped to inspire a national uprising with himself as its figurehead.

The time came in the May of 1819; after several months of Ottoman occupation, it was clear that the population was restless. It was a powderkeg of tensions and hatred towards the non-Catholic Ottomans; it only needed someone to finally light the spark. Anton would give an impassioned speech against the occupation in Pest; obviously not happy with the situation, several soldiers attempted to arrest him and stop the speech-- they would be met by an angry mob, and overpowered. In the confusion, Anton escaped the soldiers, and became the leader of a revolution. As the people of Pest rose up and overpowered the small Ottoman garrison, the revolution spread to Buda. Anton proclaimed the beginning of an independent Hungarian Kingdom and called for the people to rise up; his call would be answered, in the form of a national rebellion. Thousands pledged their allegiance to the cause, as peasants took up arms to fight for their homeland.

For a moment, it seemed like the sheer spontaneity of the rebellion, combined with overwhelming numbers, would defeat the overstretched Ottoman forces. However, the element of surprise could not make up for the Hungarians deficit in training and weapons; this, combined with factional infighting, a lack of coordination and trained infantry, lead to the initial momentum of the rebellion rapidly running out. The Ottoman Army arrived with reinforcements, while encouraging ethnic conflicts; the revolution entered a period of decline following the fall of Buda and Pest in mid-1820. The territories it controlled were rapidly shrinking as the Hungarian army attempted to fight the Ottomans in open battle, only to be defeated every time. By late-1820, nearly all of the major cities that had been seized during the early stages of the revolution had been recaptured.

The tide would turn after nearly a year of decline; the Hungarian revolution had been mostly reduced to a guerrilla army, and the situation seemed bleak. Anton went from village to village, attempting to rally the people and his army without much success. What he desperately needed was a major victory to boost flagging morale and stem defeatism within the ranks -- and this was what he got. The Battle of Debrecen involved nearly 35,000 Hungarian and 20,000 Ottoman. The arrival of a Honved army turned the tide of the battle. Cavalry screened the flanks as legions of Italian, French, and Polish volunteers charged the Ottoman center. As the center broke, the Honved were able to press on the now isolated left and right flanks, surrounding the Ottomans before crushing the enemy army.

The news of the victory travelled far and wide, stunning international circles who had begun to doubt the victory of the Hungarian rebellion. As Anton entered Debrecen amid cheering from the people, he declared that the revolution would eventually prevail. The victory inspired a new wave of uprisings, as the destruction of the main Ottoman army in Hungary would lead to a power vacuum in many areas. Anton has quickly moved to exploit the situation, seeking to take as much land as possible and entrench his forces before the Ottomans can respond with force.

RP sample: You know me
Last edited by Soviet Chernarus on Fri May 26, 2017 2:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

South Vict
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby South Vict » Fri May 26, 2017 1:46 pm

Formal Nation Name: Dai Viet
Informal name: Vietnam
Population (including colonies separately): 5 million
Territory (map preferably): Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia.
Capital city: Saigon

Government form: Absolute Monarchy
Head of State: Gia Long
Head of Government: Gia Long
Description of how government works: Unlike China, as an Absolute Monarchy, needs explanation, aside from its special policies to a modernized country.
Prevalent government ideologies: Monarchism, Traditionalism, and Protectionlism.
Description of Foreign Policy: Chiefly isolated and have a poor economy.
Military Size: 100,000 Reserves
100,000 Active
Description of Military: Similar to that of China they have the most expensive army and navy.
Key strengths and weaknesses of military: They have a very weak army and navy besides a few row boats or lightly armed trading ships.
Land claims: Northern Vietnam and parts of Thailand
Description of popular ideology (i.e. what do the people think) :
Description of economy: Poor and reliant on Agriculture.
Goals: To resist colonial rule.
History of your nation (POD 1600, ONLY APPLIES TO CUSTOM NATIONS): https://en.Wikipedia.org/wiki/Nguyen%20Dynasty
RP sample: New to this RP.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Fri May 26, 2017 2:29 pm

Soviet Chernarus wrote:Formal Nation Name: Kingdom of Hungary
Informal name: Hungary
Population: 3 million (in claimed territories)
Territory: The rebellion currently controls Hungarian land west of the Danube River, along with a pocket centered in Debrecen and territory in Northern Serbia.
Capital city: Debrecen

Government form: Provisional government
Head of State: Anton of Esterházy
Head of Government: Anton of Esterházy
Description of how government works: The Hungarian Kingdom is currently in a status of rebellion against the Ottoman invaders; its government is lead by the National Defense Committee, a group of prominent Hungarian politicians and generals whose main goal is the restoration of Hungary, free from both Austrian and Ottoman control. The Committee is headed by Anton II, who has the final authority in decisions made by the National Defense Committee. Despite this seemingly authoritarian structure, the scattered Hungarian guerrillas and rebel-held territories means that the government is heavily decentralized. Most of the actual power comes from the various heads of the towns, villages, and military forces, who control localized areas.
Prevalent government ideologies: The current ideology of the rebellion is one of intense Hungarian nationalism, liberal reform and a constitutional monarchy. It seeks independence from both Austria and the Ottoman Empire, and to restore its authority over all of Hungary. In order to achieve this, the Hungarian army must forcefully assert itself, particularly in restless Croatia and Transylvania.
Description of Foreign Policy: The Hungarian rebellion is willing to accept arms and supplies from almost any country. In terms of alignment, Hungary has seen neighboring Poland as a possible ally. Despite the internal turmoil and its friendly relations with the Ottomans, some members of the Hungarian leadership have begun to see France as a potential ally to contain Austria. Prussia, Bavaria, Italy, and even Muhammad Ali's Egypt have also been considered as possible allies, as Hungary seeks to limit the power of its enemies and secure its position in Europe.

Military Size: ~100,000
Description of Military: After being badly mauled during the Ottoman invasion, the Hungarian army has become an army of guerrillas and insurgents. Mostly equipped with Austrian, French, Polish, and stolen Ottoman arms, there is little organizational structure to speak of; the vast majority of the military is composed of small bands of insurgents, many of them peasants drawn from the countryside. Guerrillas are often only active for several weeks at a time, before returning to their villages. This has meant that much of the fighting is heavily localized, and focused on harassing supply lines and bleeding the enemy white. The only standing army consists of the brown-coated Honved, or National Guard, which were called into active duty following the Ottoman invasion. Honved compose some 15,000 standing troops and are the only soldiers capable in facing the Ottomans in a pitched battle.

The Hungarian navy, due to the lack of ocean access, is non-existent.
Strengths-
Guerrilla warfare
Massive popular support (especially from the peasants)
High morale

Weaknesses-
Lack of training
Field battles
Poor weaponry and equipment
Lack of heavy cavalry and artillery

Land claims: This
Description of popular ideology: The most popular ideology, by far, is the one espoused by Anton II and his rebellion. Lured by promises of reform, the Hungarian peasants have decided to overwhelmingly support Anton II and his goal for the establishment of an independent Hungarian state. However, there are also a number of other prominent ideologies; the Nikolausites (named after Nikolaus II, the brother of Anton II) are opposed to the Ottomans but favor re-unification with the Austrians. Supported mostly by the conservative nobility, the Nikolausites are split on whether Hungary should be on equal terms with Austria (think Austria-Hungary) or if the situation should revert to the pre-Napoleonic Austrian Empire. There is also a minor Jacobin movement; with the execution of most Hungarian Jacobins in the 1790s, the Jacobins suffer from a lack of leadership and are often directionless. They support the establishment of an independent Hungarian state as a republic instead of a kingdom. Along with these three ideologies, there are a number of independence movements within Hungary, the strongest being in Transylvania and Croatia.
Description of economy: The economy of Hungary has remained, for the most part, agricultural; under the Austrian Empire, it remained based off feudal policies. The conservative Hungarian nobility, who favored the status quo, kept the peasants under serfdom, exploiting them for short-term gain. Over recent years, the state of the Hungarian economy has been thrown into extreme uncertainty; Anton II has promised reforms for the peasants, but the lands of Hungary are now being devastated by strife and bloodshed. All the Hungarian people are obliged to provide what little they have for the war effort. Despite this, Anton II has refused to forcefully requisition food and supplies from the populace unless absolute necessary. Unemployment is high, as black markets deliver many essential goods at over-inflated prices. Poor harvests have resulted in famines and disease is rampant, severely limiting economic productivity and growth.
Goals:
-Drive the Ottomans from Hungary
-Restore the Hungarian Kingdom's claimed territories
-Establish a Kingdom under Anton II
-Maintain independence by establishing alliances to contain Hungary's enemies
-Rebuild the military and the economy
History of your nation:
POD: This is a fairly minor POD -- Anton I, Prince Esterhazy de Galantha, has a second son who manages to survive the Austro-Turkish War (IOTL he died). His experiences in the Austro-Turkish War causes a sense of disillusionment with the Austrians, who he begins to despise as they send Hungarian men to fight for their wars.

The Napoleonic Wars caused a massive upheaval across Europe; the Old European Order was irrevocably shattered. As entire coalitions of nations fell under the Napoleonic onslaught, his successes shattered and bankrupted the once-great Austrian Empire. Sensing opportunity, a resurgent Ottoman Empire struck from the rear, ultimately occupying all of Hungary in a series of campaigns. Nikolaus II, the brother of Anton, fled to Vienna; he had previously been offered the crown of Hungary by Napoleon in 1809 after he had prevailed in Wagram. Out of loyalty to the Austrian crown, he declined. However, his younger brother Anton would be another story; while he had kept his dislike of the Hapsburgs private, Anton saw an opportunity for his dream of an independent Hungary to be fulfilled. Having went into hiding, Anton began to scheme and plot with his supporters. He hoped to inspire a national uprising with himself as its figurehead.

The time came in the May of 1819; after several months of Ottoman occupation, it was clear that the population was restless. It was a powderkeg of tensions and hatred towards the non-Catholic Ottomans; it only needed someone to finally light the spark. Anton would give an impassioned speech against the occupation in Pest; obviously not happy with the situation, several soldiers attempted to arrest him and stop the speech-- they would be met by an angry mob, and overpowered. In the confusion, Anton escaped the soldiers, and became the leader of a revolution. As the people of Pest rose up and overpowered the small Ottoman garrison, the revolution spread to Buda. Anton proclaimed the beginning of an independent Hungarian Kingdom and called for the people to rise up; his call would be answered, in the form of a national rebellion. Thousands pledged their allegiance to the cause, as peasants took up arms to fight for their homeland.

For a moment, it seemed like the sheer spontaneity of the rebellion, combined with overwhelming numbers, would defeat the overstretched Ottoman forces. However, the element of surprise could not make up for the Hungarians deficit in training and weapons; this, combined with factional infighting, a lack of coordination and trained infantry, lead to the initial momentum of the rebellion rapidly running out. The Ottoman Army arrived with reinforcements, while encouraging ethnic conflicts; the revolution entered a period of decline following the fall of Buda and Pest in mid-1820. The territories it controlled were rapidly shrinking as the Hungarian army attempted to fight the Ottomans in open battle, only to be defeated every time. By late-1820, nearly all of the major cities that had been seized during the early stages of the revolution had been recaptured.

The tide would turn after nearly a year of decline; the Hungarian revolution had been mostly reduced to a guerrilla army, and the situation seemed bleak. Anton went from village to village, attempting to rally the people and his army without much success. What he desperately needed was a major victory to boost flagging morale and stem defeatism within the ranks -- and this was what he got. The Battle of Debrecen involved nearly 35,000 Hungarian and 20,000 Ottoman. The arrival of a Honved army turned the tide of the battle. Cavalry screened the flanks as legions of Italian, French, and Polish volunteers charged the Ottoman center. As the center broke, the Honved were able to press on the now isolated left and right flanks, surrounding the Ottomans before crushing the enemy army.

The news of the victory travelled far and wide, stunning international circles who had begun to doubt the victory of the Hungarian rebellion. As Anton entered Debrecen amid cheering from the people, he declared that the revolution would eventually prevail. The victory inspired a new wave of uprisings, as the destruction of the main Ottoman army in Hungary would lead to a power vacuum in many areas. Anton has quickly moved to exploit the situation, seeking to take as much land as possible and entrench his forces before the Ottomans can respond with force.

RP sample: You know me

Accepted, I will update the Roster later tonight!

Soviet Chernarus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Chernarus » Fri May 26, 2017 2:30 pm

Danke

Whens the IC coming up?

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Fri May 26, 2017 4:16 pm

Formal Nation Name: The Persian Empire
Informal name: Persia
Population (including colonies separately): 15,109,117
Territory (map preferably): The red in the Middle East on the official map.
Capital city: Tehran

Head of State: Shah Amirr Nader
Head of Government: See Above.
Description of how government works: The government of the Persian Empire is currently under reform to transfer to a more democratic government. However, in the meantime, all government actions are dictated by the Shah, Amirr Nader. However, he has granted liberty to the Empire's congressional body to propose legislation to him at anytime during permitted sessions. These sessions are sanctioned at the Shah's discretion and all legislation may be vetoed, passed, sent back for review, or adjusted to the Shah's liking.
Prevalent government ideologies: Nationalism is prevalent in the Empire, as heavy propaganda shoves nationalistic ideals down the throats of Persian citizens. Other ideologies that are prevalent within the nation are expansionist, conservative, federalist, and interventionist ideals .
Description of Foreign Policy: The Shah's foreign policy is dictated by the state's capabilities and power. As one of the major regional powers, Persia has taken on an increased role in regional politics in recent years. However, the Empire tends to refrain from meddling in Middle Eastern affairs and sticks to Central Asia the most. Despite this, the Empire is looking to become a fixture in global politics in the near future.

Military Size: Total: 453,273
Active: 276,300
Reserve: 176,973

Description of Military: The Persian Imperial Armed Forces are split into several different branches, the Ground Force, the Naval Guard, the Imperial Guild, and the Strategic Operations Corps. The Persian Ground Force is the largest branch with 178,100 members who are tasked with performing all orders given by the Shah, including protection of the Empire's territorial integrity along with the Imperial Guild. The PGF is also the main invading force of the state. The Persian Naval Guard (50,100 members) is the aquatic fighting force of the Empire and is tasked with protecting the territorial sea claims of the State as well as patrolling the coastal region of the state. The Imperial Guard consists of 30,000 citizens, who are limited in training, that serve as a protective force in the event of invasion. Strategic Operations Corps (SOC) is the special operations group of the country and consists of 18,100 operatives.

[+] Some modernized units resembling Western armies.
[-] Training levels vary from soldier to soldiers
[+] Elite special operations force
[-] Inexperienced.
[-] Mostly a militia force with subpar weapons.

Land claims: Official claims made by the Persian Empire go back to the Archaemenid empire and it's greatest extent. Calling these areas "Traditional" territory of the state, it has led to a rivalry with the Ottoman Empire and other states involved in those claims.
Description of popular ideology (i.e. what do the people think) : Popular ideology varies widely but most people identify with the expansionist and national ideals found in the government.
Description of economy: The Persian economy is only just beginning to flourish as a whole. Based on a mixed economy plan, the Empire has allowed for both private industry and public industry to coexist in a strategy that is finally beginning to mesh together very well.
Goals: The main goal of the state is to continue the growth of the Persian Empire, whether that be economically, diplomatically, or in terms of territorial expansion.
History of your nation (POD 1600, ONLY APPLIES TO CUSTOM NATIONS): Not sure if I qualify as a custom nation since I'm already on the map.
RP sample:As Persiya
Last edited by The New Greek Republic on Fri May 26, 2017 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
Same me, now with tattoos.
meh, just call me Greeky because nobody really wants to say "The New Greek Republic..."
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
---`,o---_/--o .--`------
-----`"`;-O--(---------
--------/--.--""``\\\\----
------.`-O------.\\,,||
----.`------""`|-`""`----
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/
What's red and bad for your teeth?

A brick.
Sanabel wrote: I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

Just warning you, your ears will have orgasms.

Duestchstien
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Duestchstien » Fri May 26, 2017 5:27 pm

Formal Nation Name: The Boer Republic in the Traansval
Informal name: the Traansval
Population (including colonies separately): 1,156,000
Territory (map preferably): South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland
Capital city: Cape Town

Government form: Republic
Head of State: President Martin Vos
Head of Government: Prime Governor Alfred Graf
Description of how government works: The government is similar to the Dutch republic, there are 5 provinces in the country; Zululand, Swaziland, Lesotho, Cape Province, and Boer Territory. Each has several representatives in the Governors Estate (basically like the senate) the legislative branch is unicameral. The legislature is lead by the Prime Governor, who is elected via popular vote in the country. The Judicial branch is simply a bunch of local city and provincial courts (the duties of the 'supreme court' are performed by the Governors Estate). The executive branch consists mainly of provincial governments and their programs, however, foreign affairs and the national treasury are reserved for the Federal Government, it is lead cooperatively by the president and prime Governor.
Prevalent government ideologies: expansionism, liberalism (old fashioned Industrial liberalism), industrialism
Description of Foreign Policy: mostly neutral, however the government has growing increasingly more kind to the Americans and the Batavian Republic.

Military Size: 15,000 active, 45,000 reserve
Description of Military:
National Army
10,000 active troops, the army is very unique with a fusion of African and European tactics, featuring very light but skilled and fast troops providing a good defense for the diverse terrain. The military also has an abundance of old of military surplus equipment taken from Dutch and British forces who sold it to them before they left. The military has almost all white commanders (since they are the only ones who can afford to go to schools, aside from rich Africans), with a majority of black troops and a minority of white troops (think along the lines of the German colonial forces).

National Navy
4,000 active troops, the navy mostly uses brigs and sloops with 5 old fluyts that function as heavy battleships. The navy also has many naval forts and a small forts of marines that man the small naval forts, of course a small amount of the marines serve on the ships to act as police and help combat pirates (btw the main job the navy does is hunt pirates).

Boer Gaurd
1,000 active troops, the Boer Gaurd is primarily for whites. The troops protect cities and a special unit, the Traansval Legion, has the primary job of protecting Johannesburg and the government.
Key strengths and weaknesses of military: The military is light and fast, and thus perfect for guerilla warfare and fast quick attacks as well as quick movements. This is perfect for quick warfare like early Germany in World War Two and the Viet Cong and NVA in the Vietnam war. However, the military is a lot weaker in open pitch battles and fighting large and organized armies, it is much more effective at fighting African tribes and suppressing revolts.

Land claims:
Description of popular ideology (i.e. what do the people think) :
Description of economy:
Goals:
History of your nation (POD 1600, ONLY APPLIES TO CUSTOM NATIONS):
RP sample:
Last edited by Duestchstien on Fri May 26, 2017 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
National Info
Chancellor - Alexei Matrovitch
Vice Chancellor - Dmitri Zdunowo
Capital - Moscow
Population - 404.2 Million
Currency - Roys Ruble (₽)
Active RPs
2024: Age of Superpowers - Nigeria

Democratic East-Asia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Democratic East-Asia » Fri May 26, 2017 8:03 pm

You know what, reserve US of A. I shall purposely give Japan modern weapons to deter China from trying anything.
Last edited by Democratic East-Asia on Fri May 26, 2017 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Revolutionary Communist State set in Asia. PMT.
NS stats are not used.
Actively funding left-wing "terrorist" organizations since its founding.

Pan Asia Broadcasting Channel: "We will achieve communism in 20 years." - Chairman Wei Yenwu, Central Government | Automation of industries threatens millions of jobs, says economic advisors

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Fri May 26, 2017 8:44 pm

Democratic East-Asia wrote:You know what, reserve US of A. I shall purposely give Japan modern weapons to deter China from trying anything.

They attacked us. If you continue your futile attempts to meddle in Asian politics you will only serve to lose access to trade with us. That will cause more problems for you than it will for us.

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Fri May 26, 2017 8:59 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Democratic East-Asia wrote:You know what, reserve US of A. I shall purposely give Japan modern weapons to deter China from trying anything.

They attacked us. If you continue your futile attempts to meddle in Asian politics you will only serve to lose access to trade with us. That will cause more problems for you than it will for us.

What's Japan's stance towards Persia? Positive, I hope.
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
Same me, now with tattoos.
meh, just call me Greeky because nobody really wants to say "The New Greek Republic..."
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
---`,o---_/--o .--`------
-----`"`;-O--(---------
--------/--.--""``\\\\----
------.`-O------.\\,,||
----.`------""`|-`""`----
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/
What's red and bad for your teeth?

A brick.
Sanabel wrote: I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

Just warning you, your ears will have orgasms.

Democratic East-Asia
Negotiator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Democratic East-Asia » Fri May 26, 2017 9:00 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:

Good ole' America never needed to trade with some backwards Asians. That's the job of our middle-men: the Europeans. Historically the USA had little trade with China in particular as of 1821, so whatever you say is irrelevant. We serve our interests first, then others.
Last edited by Democratic East-Asia on Fri May 26, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
NS stats are not used.

Pan Asia Broadcasting Channel: "We will achieve communism in 20 years." - Chairman Wei Yenwu, Central Government | Automation of industries threatens millions of jobs, says economic advisors

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Fri May 26, 2017 9:08 pm

Democratic East-Asia wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:They attacked us. If you continue your futile attempts to meddle in Asian politics you will only serve to lose access to trade with us. That will cause more problems for you than it will for us.

Good ole' America never needed to trade with some backwards Asians. That's the job of our middle-men: the Europeans. Historically the USA had little trade with China in particular as of 1821, so whatever you say is irrelevant. We serve our interests first, then others.

If you trade little with Asia, then why would you help our aggressor? What interests would you have in Asia?

Democratic East-Asia
Negotiator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Democratic East-Asia » Fri May 26, 2017 9:16 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Democratic East-Asia wrote:Good ole' America never needed to trade with some backwards Asians. That's the job of our middle-men: the Europeans. Historically the USA had little trade with China in particular as of 1821, so whatever you say is irrelevant. We serve our interests first, then others.

If you trade little with Asia, then why would you help our aggressor? What interests would you have in Asia?

We'd prefer to be a top dog when we get to trans-pacific trade and global influence. Pitting off states against each other is only natural, as we prefer to avoid major competitors.
NS stats are not used.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Fri May 26, 2017 9:19 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:If you trade little with Asia, then why would you help our aggressor? What interests would you have in Asia?

We'd prefer to be a top dog when we get to trans-pacific trade and global influence. Pitting off states against each other is only natural, as we prefer to avoid major competitors.

Great Qing has no ruling emperor at the moment, as the previous emperor was killed in battle, and his only child, a daughter, is too young to be a leader. The regent, even more so than the emperor, recognizes the necessity of purchasing modern technology from the Europeans, which, for them, is a small price to pay for our luxuries. America will most certainly not be unchallenged, and will never remain unchallenged in the pacific.

Democratic East-Asia
Negotiator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Democratic East-Asia » Fri May 26, 2017 9:22 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:Great Qing has no ruling emperor at the moment, as the previous emperor was killed in battle, and his only child, a daughter, is too young to be a leader. The regent, even more so than the emperor, recognizes the necessity of purchasing modern technology from the Europeans, which, for them, is a small price to pay for our luxuries. America will most certainly not be unchallenged, and will never remain unchallenged in the pacific.

Going the historical standards of this era, I don't think European nations would take too kindly to a large Asian nation attempting to industrialize. After all, uppity Asians are the worst type. Japan isn't a threat as it's small, and rather resource deficient. They can easily be influenced. China on the other hand is too large to control, and potentially dangerous. If I were Europe's nations, I'd deny China modern tech.

In the meantime, America will begin sending freed slaves to Africa to establish the Liberian colony. This time with more funding and hopefully a chance to become a future territory / state.
Last edited by Democratic East-Asia on Fri May 26, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS stats are not used.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Fri May 26, 2017 9:25 pm

The New Greek Republic wrote:Formal Nation Name: The Persian Empire
Informal name: Persia
Population (including colonies separately): 29,989,117
Territory (map preferably): The red in the Middle East on the official map.
Capital city: Tehran

Head of State: Shah Amirr Nader
Head of Government: See Above.
Description of how government works: The government of the Persian Empire is currently under reform to transfer to a more democratic government. However, in the meantime, all government actions are dictated by the Shah, Amirr Nader. However, he has granted liberty to the Empire's congressional body to propose legislation to him at anytime during permitted sessions. These sessions are sanctioned at the Shah's discretion and all legislation may be vetoed, passed, sent back for review, or adjusted to the Shah's liking.
Prevalent government ideologies: Nationalism is prevalent in the Empire, as heavy propaganda shoves nationalistic ideals down the throats of Persian citizens. Other ideologies that are prevalent within the nation are expansionist, conservative, federalist, and interventionist ideals .
Description of Foreign Policy: The Shah's foreign policy is dictated by the state's capabilities and power. As one of the major regional powers, Persia has taken on an increased role in regional politics in recent years. However, the Empire tends to refrain from meddling in Middle Eastern affairs and sticks to Central Asia the most. Despite this, the Empire is looking to become a fixture in global politics in the near future.

Military Size: 899, 670
Active: 576,300
Reserve: 323, 370

Description of Military: The Persian Imperial Armed Forces are split into several different branches, the Ground Force, the Naval Guard, the Imperial Guild, and the Strategic Operations Corps. The Persian Ground Force is the largest branch with 478,200 members who are tasked with performing all orders given by the Shah, including protection of the Empire's territorial integrity along with the Imperial Guild. The PGF is also the main invading force of the state. The Persian Naval Guard (50,100 members) is the aquatic fighting force of the Empire and is tasked with protecting the territorial sea claims of the State as well as patrolling the coastal region of the state. The Imperial Guard consists of 30,000 citizens, who are limited in training, that serve as a protective force in the event of invasion. Strategic Operations Corps (SOC) is the special operations group of the country and consists of 18,200 operatives.

[+] Modernized military.
[-] Training levels vary from soldier to soldier.
[+] Elite special operations force
[-] Inexperienced.

Land claims: Official claims made by the Persian Empire go back to the Archaemenid empire and it's greatest extent. Calling these areas "Traditional" territory of the state, it has led to a rivalry with the Ottoman Empire and other states involved in those claims.
Description of popular ideology (i.e. what do the people think) : Popular ideology varies widely but most people identify with the expansionist and national ideals found in the government.
Description of economy: The Persian economy is only just beginning to flourish as a whole. Based on a mixed economy plan, the Empire has allowed for both private industry and public industry to coexist in a strategy that is finally beginning to mesh together very well.
Goals: The main goal of the state is to continue the growth of the Persian Empire, whether that be economically, diplomatically, or in terms of territorial expansion.
History of your nation (POD 1600, ONLY APPLIES TO CUSTOM NATIONS): Not sure if I qualify as a custom nation since I'm already on the map.
RP sample:As Persiya

Persia would probably have a population of 13-15 million as you own Pakistan, but that means you will deal with Sunni rebels. However, your army has a small corps of modernized, westernized men. So that is a bonus.

All reservations to be added.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Fri May 26, 2017 9:34 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:Great Qing has no ruling emperor at the moment, as the previous emperor was killed in battle, and his only child, a daughter, is too young to be a leader. The regent, even more so than the emperor, recognizes the necessity of purchasing modern technology from the Europeans, which, for them, is a small price to pay for our luxuries. America will most certainly not be unchallenged, and will never remain unchallenged in the pacific.

Going the historical standards of this era, I don't think European nations would take too kindly to a large Asian nation attempting to industrialize. After all, uppity Asians are the worst type. Japan isn't a threat as it's small, and rather resource deficient. They can easily be influenced. China on the other hand is too large to control, and potentially dangerous. If I were Europe's nations, I'd deny China modern tech.

In the meantime, America will begin sending freed slaves to Africa to establish the Liberian colony. This time with more funding and hopefully a chance to become a future territory / state.

All it takes is one weak of will nation. Judging by how desperate the Europeans were to trade with China, ignoring huge trade deficits, acquiring some form of modern industrial techology, even if it isn't the best, is inevitable. Again, all it takes is one. One nation which cannot resist the riches of China.

Democratic East-Asia
Negotiator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Democratic East-Asia » Fri May 26, 2017 9:37 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:All it takes is one weak of will nation. Judging by how desperate the Europeans were to trade with China, ignoring huge trade deficits, acquiring some form of modern industrial techology, even if it isn't the best, is inevitable. Again, all it takes is one. One nation which cannot resist the riches of China.

There's also the whole "we'll fight you for treaty ports" thing. When you have a technical advantage, you use it after all. Not yet, but soon anyways (if history still follows that path).

On the other hand, the USA could play nice, and help Asia not get screwed over. This would be a bit of an area of conflict IC-ly, as America is still pretty pro-European.
Last edited by Democratic East-Asia on Fri May 26, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS stats are not used.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Fri May 26, 2017 9:40 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:All it takes is one weak of will nation. Judging by how desperate the Europeans were to trade with China, ignoring huge trade deficits, acquiring some form of modern industrial techology, even if it isn't the best, is inevitable. Again, all it takes is one. One nation which cannot resist the riches of China.

There's also the whole "we'll fight you for treaty ports" thing. Not yet, but soon anyways (if history still follows that path).

We offer them access to some of our ports in exchange for technology. It makes things easier that way. Also, judging by the state of Europe on the map, it looks as though they aren't as powerful as in our timeline. Still dominant forces, but much more fragmented and prone to internal conflict. Certainly, it is easier to trade information for physical objects. It's also important to note that this period of time had frequent shortsightedness on the part of many European governments, so it's certainly not unreasonable, and even fairly likely, that someone there would be willing to accept.

It's also important to note that the regent sincerely wants to return China to an active member of the international community, and able to work with and compete as equals with the Europeans. To the government, this is seen as stepping off a pedestal, but, in reality, it's more like conceding imperfection.
Last edited by Khasinkonia on Fri May 26, 2017 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Democratic East-Asia
Negotiator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Democratic East-Asia » Fri May 26, 2017 9:48 pm

And I'm reminded that America at this point in history is horribly underpopulated for just how large it is (according to the map anyways). There are likely more blacks + hispanics + Native Americans than there are white people. Welp, this calls for some concessions to be made. Slavery might just go earlier this time around.

Better get to grabbing some of that nice Central Africa when it comes time in a few decades as well.
Last edited by Democratic East-Asia on Fri May 26, 2017 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS stats are not used.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Fri May 26, 2017 9:51 pm

Democratic East-Asia wrote:And I'm reminded that America at this point in history is horribly underpopulated for just how large it is (according to the map anyways). There are likely more blacks + hispanics + Native Americans than there are white people. Welp, this calls for some concessions to be made.

Xixixixixixi!
Who's laughing now, America? You have to deal with minorities! Great Qing is happily unified(shut up Uighurs) and ready to join the international community and return to its rightful place as master of the east!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse