NATION

PASSWORD

RED DAWN: The Next World War, An Alt History of WW2 (OPEN)

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Zjaum
Minister
 
Posts: 3304
Founded: Oct 15, 2016
Corporate Bordello

Postby Zjaum » Sat May 20, 2017 1:14 pm

Savojarna wrote:Does Benelux absolutely HAVE to be fascist? I hate to play fascists but would like to be NL... Otherwise I'd like one of the Nordics maybe (for the love of god, why does EVERY modern era alt-hist have a unified Scandinavia though?)

Well, historically, they've always been close. Kalmar Union, for example, and Sweden-Norway.
I use my NationStates stats, because a population of billions/trillions and an economy of hundreds of trillions is totally viable, trust me.
But seriously, aside from the population and GDP, just assume that my NS stats are roughly accurate.

Support: Paleo-imperialism, conservatism, libertarianism, Christianity.
Against: Stupid people, resistance to industrial progress, alt-right, any form of government at or beyond socialism.

I hail from The League of Conservative Nations. Hearts unthawed, hearts unshaken!

Takaka Tar' Turayi,
The stars will be ours someday.

User avatar
Savojarna
Diplomat
 
Posts: 797
Founded: Nov 11, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Savojarna » Sat May 20, 2017 1:51 pm

Zjaum wrote:
Savojarna wrote:Does Benelux absolutely HAVE to be fascist? I hate to play fascists but would like to be NL... Otherwise I'd like one of the Nordics maybe (for the love of god, why does EVERY modern era alt-hist have a unified Scandinavia though?)

Well, historically, they've always been close. Kalmar Union, for example, and Sweden-Norway.


"They've always been close" - evidence: a 16th century union and a union that one half was forced into and held for a century, and only for so long because the Norwegians first had to get into a position to say "fuck off" to Sweden. Unified Scandinavia simply doesn't make sense, ESPECIALLY not if it's supposed to be any kind of nationalist. Denmark and Sweden are historically close as arch-enemies, they hold the world record of wars fought between them. Unifying Norway with either semi-makes sense given that Norway was forced into union with Denmark or Sweden for most of its modern history. Unifying Finland and Sweden makes sense if the AH allows for them to never have been split (however, in that case the AH requires Norway to stay with Denmark, since Sweden losing Finland and winning Norway is both due to the developments of the Napoleonic Wars - if those go different, it's unlikely to have only one thing happen). It's just frustrating to try and make my AH develop as realistically as possible and so many people seem to just grab whatever patches of land look nice together/they have won in their last Victoria II game, without any regard for historic developments, and in the process lead to Europe being taken extremely quickly. It's also sad because Sweden and Denmark allying with different sides makes for much more interesting Scandinavian gameplay than unification - the latter leaves you squashed between Germany, UK and Russia, and you can't really compete with either. You're a regional power surrounded by world powers. If you don't unify them, you have your equally-sized rival right next door, especially if Denmark-Norway somehow remains. (yea I know, long term prospects, but who RP's so long without recklessly provoking Germany/Russia to make things happen, or the RP dying down?)

Same goes for anyone, especially Habsburg monarchies, conquering Switzerland, by the way. Completely irrational thing to do and no sane decision-maker ever would.

/rant over/

EDIT: I want to explicitly exclude people from this rant that have written a nice history about why Scandinavia united - I saw it happen before. In some scenarios it CAN make sense, depending on when the POD is and what the scenario is. If people think about what happened and why, go for unified Scandinavia (even though the "take away potential player spots in Europe" issue remains), but I feel like a lot of people just default to unification based on some "they're all the same anyway, no?" thing.
Last edited by Savojarna on Sat May 20, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Achievements:
Reigning Handball World Champions (HWC 20)
WCoH 34 runner-up
Olympic medal count (winter): 6-2-3
HOSTED:
WJHC 12, WCoH 34, Alpine Skiing World Tour
National newswire

Socialist island state 2018 - Cultural mixture of Scandinavia, Finland and Russia -Exports iron, steel, silver and wood - Low fantasy in terms of animal species - Sports-loving - 22.8 million inhabitants.

The adjective is Savojar; Savojarnan is not a word!
I am 21, male, and study politics and history. I like left communism, foreign politics, philosophy, ice hockey and metal. Feel free to TG me if youre bored or something, I guess.

User avatar
Democratic East-Asia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5784
Founded: Aug 30, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Democratic East-Asia » Sat May 20, 2017 2:11 pm

Savojarna wrote:-rant-

And your point is? If you ain't applying, then what you just was pretty pointless. If you are, I can rectify things pretty easily. The only real reason I did that is because someone else wanted to be some type of united Scandinavia, and I saw the place as rather irrelevant so let it fly.
Last edited by Democratic East-Asia on Sat May 20, 2017 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Revolutionary Communist State set in Asia. MT/ Early PMT.
NS stats are not used.
Actively funding left-wing "terrorist" organizations since its founding.

East Asian News: Economic output up 1.2% from last quarter. | Bengalese Premier announces completion of new sea walls

User avatar
Democratic East-Asia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5784
Founded: Aug 30, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Democratic East-Asia » Sat May 20, 2017 2:17 pm

Greater Redosia wrote:
Full Nation Name : Republic of China
Short Nation Name : Nationalist China
Flag / National Symbols:] (Image)(Image)

Government Type : Federal Semi-Presidential Republic
Official Political Ideology : Chinese nationalism, Republicanism, Constitutionalism, Conservatism, Chinese reunification. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Pri ... the_People
Head of State : Lin Sen
Head of Government : Chiang Kai-Shek
Government Description : A group of self governing states that elect a President and a Premier. President is mostly a ceremonial figure while most power is in the hands of the Premier. The Chinese government also consists of a legislative branch called the legislative yuan that helps vote on decisions and pass laws.
Territory : China minus the communist occupied north, Manchukou, Xinjiang, and Tibet.
Territorial Ambitions : All of Communist China and Xinjiang
Capital City : Nanking https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanjing#Imperial_China
Population : roughly 500 million

Majority/Official Culture : Majority "Chinese", with a few minorities scattered about.

Majority/State Religion :Confucianism, traditional folk religions.

Major Industries / Economic sectors: Textile industry, agriculture, and a small arms industry.
Amount of Industrialization : China, like it was in RL, is currently relatively unindustrialized, with major industries focussed in a number of key coastal and riverside cities. Most of the nation remains un-industrialized
Economic Description :https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_history_of_China_(1912%E2%80%9349)#The_Chinese_war_economy_.281937-1945.29

Military Description

Army: 2,600,000 active, a few million more in reserve.

Navy: 6 light cruisers, 34 gunboats, and a sloop. A few thousand sailors.

Air Force:The Republic of China lacks any major form of airpower, and its current stockpile of planes is heavily outdated and rather small.


National Goals :Reunifying china and reclaiming lost lands


History :[/i]While originally a war torn collection of warlord states and rogue armies, the Republic of China began a process of reunification following Chiang Kai-shek's Northern expedition and his anti-communist efforts. This, however, was hindered by extensive Eurasian support towards the CCP, which managed to time and time again repulse nationalist efforts due to their arsenal of Eurasian weapons and supplies. China's warlords were originally unresponsive, that is until the Eurasian Soviet invaded Ma Clique controlled Qinghai in the early 1930s as an act of "peacekeeping". The entire clique's government was purged, and thousands of executions were conducted. This act in itself prompted warlords to join forces with the nationalist government in an effort to deter Eurasia, which continues to loom over the horizon to this day. As this temporary peace presides, China is attempting to build itself up, using everything possible to further develop the nation and prevent communist aggression.
NOTE: Most history is still roughly the same.

#RedDawn1938

China is ACCEPTED.
Revolutionary Communist State set in Asia. MT/ Early PMT.
NS stats are not used.
Actively funding left-wing "terrorist" organizations since its founding.

East Asian News: Economic output up 1.2% from last quarter. | Bengalese Premier announces completion of new sea walls

User avatar
Savojarna
Diplomat
 
Posts: 797
Founded: Nov 11, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Savojarna » Sat May 20, 2017 2:21 pm

Democratic East-Asia wrote:
Savojarna wrote:-rant-

And your point is? If you ain't applying, then what you just was pretty pointless. If you are, I can rectify things pretty easily. The only real reason I did that is because someone else wanted to be some type of united Scandinavia, and I saw the place as rather irrelevant so let it fly.


The point is that I'm annoyed by having been shut out of Europe too often and having a short fuse on saturday evenings if I had too much work. Plus a desire to change the things mentioned in my rant in AH roleplay in general, not just aimed at this one. Sorry.

Now lets be constructive: regarding my potential app, what is the situation in Benelux? Is it reserved or do you just want it to exist, and if its the latter, would it need to be fascist or could I be a commie or democratic Benelux? (If democratic, the backstory of why it's Benelux again might be difficult but I'm sure I could come up with something there, depending on how far back we can go)
Achievements:
Reigning Handball World Champions (HWC 20)
WCoH 34 runner-up
Olympic medal count (winter): 6-2-3
HOSTED:
WJHC 12, WCoH 34, Alpine Skiing World Tour
National newswire

Socialist island state 2018 - Cultural mixture of Scandinavia, Finland and Russia -Exports iron, steel, silver and wood - Low fantasy in terms of animal species - Sports-loving - 22.8 million inhabitants.

The adjective is Savojar; Savojarnan is not a word!
I am 21, male, and study politics and history. I like left communism, foreign politics, philosophy, ice hockey and metal. Feel free to TG me if youre bored or something, I guess.

User avatar
RNT
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1072
Founded: Oct 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby RNT » Sat May 20, 2017 2:27 pm

Federated Kingdom wrote:
Full Nation Name : Dominion of Canada
Short Nation Name : Canada
Flag / National Symbols:
Flag: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 1-1957.svg
Coat of arms: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 921%29.jpg

Government Type : Self-governing dominion of the British Empire / Federal parliamentary constitutional monarchy
Official Political Ideology : None
Head of State : King George VI / Governor General John Buchan
Head of Government : Prime Minister William Lyon Mackenzie King
Government Description : Representative democracy with a federal structure.

Territory : Canada
Territorial Ambitions : n/a
Capital City : Ottawa
Population : 11.15 million

Majority/Official Culture : British

Majority/State Religion : Anglicanism

Major Industries / Economic sectors: Agriculture
Amount of Industrialization : Similar to Canada in 1938.
Economic Description : Similar to Canada in 1938.

Military Description

Army: Canadian Militia; has recently undergone modernisation - see Wikipedia article for a rough idea.

Navy: Naval Service of Canada; mainly carries out patrols, underfunded and consists mainly of ex-Royal Navy ships.

Air Force: Royal Canadian Air Force; carries out mainly civil tasks such as anti-smuggling patrols, forest fire watches, aerial forest spraying, mail delivery, mercy flights, law enforcement, and surveying/aerial photography (italics from Wikipedia article). Consists mainly of obsolete aircraft.


National Goals :


History : To be determined in consultation with the British player and other Dominion players.



#RedDawn1938 (don't remove this)


Thank you this helped me greatly.

User avatar
Democratic East-Asia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5784
Founded: Aug 30, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Democratic East-Asia » Sat May 20, 2017 2:31 pm

Savojarna wrote:Now lets be constructive: regarding my potential app, what is the situation in Benelux? Is it reserved or do you just want it to exist, and if its the latter, would it need to be fascist or could I be a commie or democratic Benelux? (If democratic, the backstory of why it's Benelux again might be difficult but I'm sure I could come up with something there, depending on how far back we can go)

Hmm, Benelux is already taken, but I can free up Scandinavia if you want. That's doable. I personally don't want there to be a communist Benelux, as there are already enough communists in mainland Europe (a few of the others expressed some worry at the number of communist states around), while dividing up the colonies is something I'm not too willing to look into.
Revolutionary Communist State set in Asia. MT/ Early PMT.
NS stats are not used.
Actively funding left-wing "terrorist" organizations since its founding.

East Asian News: Economic output up 1.2% from last quarter. | Bengalese Premier announces completion of new sea walls

User avatar
The Canadian North-West
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1348
Founded: Jun 29, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Canadian North-West » Sat May 20, 2017 2:59 pm

The Brazil player is here!
(And tag, just in case)
MT Factbook
FT Factbook
Both are heavy WiP
Bi, Socialist/Syndicalist, Technocrat, Otaku, part-time Furry, and aspiring Astrobiologist


If you don't want to type out my whole name, CNW or Canafa work just as well.
Friedrich Nietzsche wrote:He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.
And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

User avatar
Democratic East-Asia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5784
Founded: Aug 30, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Democratic East-Asia » Sat May 20, 2017 3:00 pm

The Canadian North-West wrote:The Brazil player is here!
(And tag, just in case)

Yayyyyyy!!!
Revolutionary Communist State set in Asia. MT/ Early PMT.
NS stats are not used.
Actively funding left-wing "terrorist" organizations since its founding.

East Asian News: Economic output up 1.2% from last quarter. | Bengalese Premier announces completion of new sea walls

User avatar
Savojarna
Diplomat
 
Posts: 797
Founded: Nov 11, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Savojarna » Sat May 20, 2017 3:22 pm

Democratic East-Asia wrote:
Savojarna wrote:Now lets be constructive: regarding my potential app, what is the situation in Benelux? Is it reserved or do you just want it to exist, and if its the latter, would it need to be fascist or could I be a commie or democratic Benelux? (If democratic, the backstory of why it's Benelux again might be difficult but I'm sure I could come up with something there, depending on how far back we can go)

Hmm, Benelux is already taken, but I can free up Scandinavia if you want. That's doable. I personally don't want there to be a communist Benelux, as there are already enough communists in mainland Europe (a few of the others expressed some worry at the number of communist states around), while dividing up the colonies is something I'm not too willing to look into.


Ahh, didn't get it was taken (think it said tba on the roster?). Well, I see why you don't wanna split up existing states - but if the colonies are the only concern, that's quite easy, NL keeps Suriname and Indonesia and Belgium keeps everything in Africa, aka real life version.

I don't have to be NL or Nordic, really. I just want to be European and if we have a Trot "USSR", I'd love to be commie. Are UESR substates irrelevant or do those have enough power to be roleplayed separately? If they get some autonomy as long as they don't go against what Moscow wants, I'd love to take one of those. If they aren't meant to be roleplayed... I don't really know what to do ^^ sorry if I am being complicated, it's just that I love the idea of this, you don't see many early 20th century RP's where not everybody is crazy Fascist or super hardcore Stalinist, so I really want to get a spot where I'll enjoy things
Achievements:
Reigning Handball World Champions (HWC 20)
WCoH 34 runner-up
Olympic medal count (winter): 6-2-3
HOSTED:
WJHC 12, WCoH 34, Alpine Skiing World Tour
National newswire

Socialist island state 2018 - Cultural mixture of Scandinavia, Finland and Russia -Exports iron, steel, silver and wood - Low fantasy in terms of animal species - Sports-loving - 22.8 million inhabitants.

The adjective is Savojar; Savojarnan is not a word!
I am 21, male, and study politics and history. I like left communism, foreign politics, philosophy, ice hockey and metal. Feel free to TG me if youre bored or something, I guess.

User avatar
Da Klan
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1020
Founded: Feb 08, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Da Klan » Sat May 20, 2017 3:30 pm

"Tag" -Mahatma Gandhi probably.

User avatar
The New Earth Federation
Minister
 
Posts: 2003
Founded: May 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Earth Federation » Sat May 20, 2017 4:04 pm

Full Nation Name : German Republic
Short Nation Name : Captialist Germany, Germany, Republic (for the commies "Those Capitalist Dogs, Worker oppressors, etc)
Flag / National Symbols:
Here
Government Type : Meritocratic Military Republic
Official Political Ideology : Militarization, Capitalism, some what German unification
Head of State : Chancellor Frederick
Head of Government : Chancellor Frederick
Government Description : The GR is very much a meritocratic military republic where those who have served are allowed to vote or hold office. Military service is very much required and expected for most citizens once they reach the legal age. Their is also a parliament which consists of two "houses", House of Lords and the House of the People; the House of Lords represents a single state and its ratio is 1 to 1. As for the House of the People, representation is based on population of each state and the amount of counties.

People with communistic views are watched and regularly questioned about their loyalty towards the the German Republic, this is largely due to our neighbor the communistic Germany. We don't actively kill communist; we watch them, it's only until they become violent, terroristic, etc. is when we take action and they are arrested.

Territory : Remain area of Germany, as well as Austria
Territorial Ambitions : East Germany
Capital City : Cologne
Population : 50 Million

Majority/Official Culture : German

Majority/State Religion : Christianity

Major Industries / Economic sectors: Frankfurt, Essen, Bremen, Düsseldorf, Munich, Stuttgart, Nuremberg, Dortmund are the major economic areas. As for industry, the GR is heavily industrialized in the areas of machinery, weapons, textiles; agriculture is small but strong however we import mediocre sizes of food.
Amount of Industrialization : The German Republic is quite industrialized, this is largely due to the large amount of highly populated cities that the GR controls the large amount of industry that Germany was known for.
Economic Description : The GR is largely capitalistic, however there are a few regulations when it comes to workers, each worker is paid fairly, promotions are based on skill and not connections. Workers are limited to a 8 hour day/40 hour week work schedule, all work by workers is to be high quality and not slopped together. On the industrial side, the GR has moved away from the craftsmans style of industrialization and more towards large scale factory industrialization. With each city sporting dozens of factories and housing complexes, as the military is a large part of our culture and industrial area, the GR is known around the world as some of the best gunsmiths, each weapon of high quality. It goes the same for most products.

Military Description[Numbers Still Underdevelopment]
2 million Active
3.6 million Reserve
3.6 million in Home Guard (Bascially Militia Forces)

Army:
1.5 million (Active)
-2.5 million (Reserves)

Standard Infantry:
Rifle: Gewehr 43
Pistol: Luger P08
Knife: 10cm combat knife/bayonet
-Ammuniton: (6) G43 Magazines, (6) P08 Magazines, (2) Frag Grenades
-Extra: Tent, gas mask (with extra filter), 2 weeks of rations, canteen, protein rations, map, flashlight, mess kit, and cleaning kit

Strumtruppen
Primary: MP40
Pistol: Luger P08
Knife: 10cm Combat knife
-Ammunition: (8) MP40 Magazines, (6) P08 Magazines, (2) Frag Grenades
-Extra: Gas mask, 2 weeks of rations, canteen, protein rations, map, flashlight, mess kit and cleaning kit.

4,000 Armor Vehicles
-Light: Luchs with 3cm M.K 103* (700)
- MBT: Panzer IV Ausf G with 7.5cm KwK40 L40 (1,000)
-Heavy: (Tiger In development)
-TD: Stug III G with 7.5cm [APCR frequently used] (1,500)
-SPG: Hummel with 15 cm s.F.H. 18 L/29.5 (800)

Navy:
Subs: 15
Patrol boats: 50
Destroyers: 39
Cruisers: 16
Battleships: 3 (Bismarck, Tripitz are the main ones)
Carriers: 1 (Graf Zeppelin)

Air Force:
Fighter: Me 109 (2,000)
Heavy Fighter: Me 410 (1,000)
Fighter Bomber: Fw. 190 F-3 (500)
Bomber: Ju. 188 (1,000)
Transport (500-600)

National Goals :
-Reunification of Germany
-Curtail of Communism
--Defeating Eurasia/East Germany
-Staying a Sovereign State


History : While the communistic revolutions where taking place in the east, nothing much was going on in Western Germany. There was very few rebellions and any that did rise up where put down with force and often violently, this was largely due to the large amount of soldiers stationed in the region and most of these families where largely militaristic with no love towards socialism and/or communism as it went against their views. For the first few years the Republic of Germany was a shadow of itself trying to piece itself back together form the revolts, soon in 1924 the Republic of Germany was reunited and a militaristic meritocratic republic was installed by Chancellor Frederick at the age of 30 as a former veteran of WWI he saw the horrors of war and understood that the best way to defend his home from communism was to create a military republic.

After his establishment as the Chancellor of the German Republic, Frederick was quick to rebuild and redevelop the nation as well as the armed forces. He began to pour money into the development of new weapons, engines, and better metal refining techniques and other technologies. While in power Frederick ordered the construction of a series of defensive positions around and at the border between the GR and the PRG, soon this border would become the most defended line in the world. Soon the German Republic while small was now a highly advanced and well defend nation, with that power came several advantages, Austria for example peacefully requested to be part of Germany in 1932. Now, the thoughts of war are ahead.....time will tell what is truelu going to happen.....

(Remove all parenthesis when done)
#RedDawn1938 (don't remove this)


Notes:
* I know the 3cm MK is fictitious, but screw it.
Last edited by The New Earth Federation on Mon May 22, 2017 4:43 am, edited 12 times in total.
Tech Level: Mid FT, 2898
Militaristic, imperialistic, multi species spacefaring nation, not based on Earth
Captial: New Earth, Arcadia system
WE DONT USE NS STATS, PLEASE USE FACTBOOKS Telegrams are always welcomed, don't worry I don't bite.

User avatar
Orostan
Minister
 
Posts: 3174
Founded: May 02, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Orostan » Sat May 20, 2017 4:13 pm

The New Earth Federation wrote:
Full Nation Name : German Republic
Short Nation Name : Captialist Germany, Germany, Republic (for the commies "Those Capitalist Dogs, Worker oppressors, etc)
Flag / National Symbols:

Government Type : Meritocratic Military Republic
Official Political Ideology : Militarization, Capitalism, some what German unification
Head of State : Chancellor Frederick
Head of Government : Chancellor Frederick
Government Description : The GR is very much a meritocratic military republic where those who have served are allowed to vote or hold office. Military service is very much required and expected for most citizens once they reach the legal age. Their is also a parliament which consists of two "houses", House of Lords and the House of the People; the House of Lords represents a single state and its ratio is 1 to 1. As for the House of the People, representation is based on population of each state and the amount of counties.

Territory : Remain area of Germany, as well as Austria
Territorial Ambitions : East Germany
Capital City : Frankfurt
Population : 39-40 Million

Majority/Official Culture : German

Majority/State Religion : Christianity

Major Industries / Economic sectors: Frankfurt, Essen, Bremen, Düsseldorf, Munich, Stuttgart, Nuremberg, Dortmund are the major economic areas. As for industry, the GR is heavily industrialized in the areas of machinery, weapons, textiles; agriculture is small but strong however we import mediocre sizes of food.
Amount of Industrialization : The German Republic is quite industrialized, this is largely due to the large amount of highly populated cities that the GR controls the large amount of industry that Germany was known for.
Economic Description :

Military Description
(Give precise numbers if possible. Otherwise ballpark estimates are allowed, but be sure to give enough detail)

Army:

Navy:

Air Force:


National Goals :


History : (At least 1 solid paragraph. NOTE: I will expect more of major powers)


(Remove all parenthesis when done)
#RedDawn1938 (don't remove this)

I will enjoy seizing your means of production!
local neighborhood gommunist xxxddd

“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN

User avatar
Lan Khao Xang Hom Krung Tai
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 179
Founded: Sep 05, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Lan Khao Xang Hom Krung Tai » Sat May 20, 2017 4:27 pm

Orostan wrote:
The New Earth Federation wrote:
Full Nation Name : German Republic
Short Nation Name : Captialist Germany, Germany, Republic (for the commies "Those Capitalist Dogs, Worker oppressors, etc)
Flag / National Symbols:

Government Type : Meritocratic Military Republic
Official Political Ideology : Militarization, Capitalism, some what German unification
Head of State : Chancellor Frederick
Head of Government : Chancellor Frederick
Government Description : The GR is very much a meritocratic military republic where those who have served are allowed to vote or hold office. Military service is very much required and expected for most citizens once they reach the legal age. Their is also a parliament which consists of two "houses", House of Lords and the House of the People; the House of Lords represents a single state and its ratio is 1 to 1. As for the House of the People, representation is based on population of each state and the amount of counties.

Territory : Remain area of Germany, as well as Austria
Territorial Ambitions : East Germany
Capital City : Frankfurt
Population : 39-40 Million

Majority/Official Culture : German

Majority/State Religion : Christianity

Major Industries / Economic sectors: Frankfurt, Essen, Bremen, Düsseldorf, Munich, Stuttgart, Nuremberg, Dortmund are the major economic areas. As for industry, the GR is heavily industrialized in the areas of machinery, weapons, textiles; agriculture is small but strong however we import mediocre sizes of food.
Amount of Industrialization : The German Republic is quite industrialized, this is largely due to the large amount of highly populated cities that the GR controls the large amount of industry that Germany was known for.
Economic Description :

Military Description
(Give precise numbers if possible. Otherwise ballpark estimates are allowed, but be sure to give enough detail)

Army:

Navy:

Air Force:


National Goals :


History : (At least 1 solid paragraph. NOTE: I will expect more of major powers)


(Remove all parenthesis when done)
#RedDawn1938 (don't remove this)

I will enjoy seizing your means of production!

[France Intensifies]
Just call me Tai

User avatar
Zjaum
Minister
 
Posts: 3304
Founded: Oct 15, 2016
Corporate Bordello

Postby Zjaum » Sat May 20, 2017 4:42 pm

Lan Khao Xang Hom Krung Tai wrote:[France Intensifies]

Ha ha, like France can intensify!
I use my NationStates stats, because a population of billions/trillions and an economy of hundreds of trillions is totally viable, trust me.
But seriously, aside from the population and GDP, just assume that my NS stats are roughly accurate.

Support: Paleo-imperialism, conservatism, libertarianism, Christianity.
Against: Stupid people, resistance to industrial progress, alt-right, any form of government at or beyond socialism.

I hail from The League of Conservative Nations. Hearts unthawed, hearts unshaken!

Takaka Tar' Turayi,
The stars will be ours someday.

User avatar
Democratic East-Asia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5784
Founded: Aug 30, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Democratic East-Asia » Sat May 20, 2017 4:47 pm

Savojarna wrote:
I don't have to be NL or Nordic, really. I just want to be European and if we have a Trot "USSR", I'd love to be commie. Are UESR substates irrelevant or do those have enough power to be roleplayed separately? If they get some autonomy as long as they don't go against what Moscow wants, I'd love to take one of those. If they aren't meant to be roleplayed... I don't really know what to do ^^ sorry if I am being complicated, it's just that I love the idea of this, you don't see many early 20th century RP's where not everybody is crazy Fascist or super hardcore Stalinist, so I really want to get a spot where I'll enjoy things

No, UESR substates can be quite influential if played correctly. The whole point of the UESR is to allow individual substates to act in a rather independent manner, and you can honestly be one if you like (actually, you can select more than one given the amount of UESR substates). Moscow isn't the capital of the UESR; the UESR has no defined capital (Although Moscow, Berlin, and Istanbul are all major cities with a large amount of importance).

And yes, the UESR is a trotskyist "USSR" in a way. If you want to play as the UESR, you can either select a republic or simply be one of the "standard" players who manages things all around. The fact you're interested is great!
Last edited by Democratic East-Asia on Sat May 20, 2017 4:53 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Revolutionary Communist State set in Asia. MT/ Early PMT.
NS stats are not used.
Actively funding left-wing "terrorist" organizations since its founding.

East Asian News: Economic output up 1.2% from last quarter. | Bengalese Premier announces completion of new sea walls

User avatar
Democratic East-Asia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5784
Founded: Aug 30, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Democratic East-Asia » Sat May 20, 2017 5:05 pm

Lan Khao Xang Hom Krung Tai wrote:
Orostan wrote:I will enjoy seizing your means of production!

[France Intensifies]

Quiet you! France cannot into intensification.
Revolutionary Communist State set in Asia. MT/ Early PMT.
NS stats are not used.
Actively funding left-wing "terrorist" organizations since its founding.

East Asian News: Economic output up 1.2% from last quarter. | Bengalese Premier announces completion of new sea walls

User avatar
Greater Liverpool
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1159
Founded: Apr 13, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Greater Liverpool » Sat May 20, 2017 5:07 pm

I am Guessing Greece is Communist
I am the real emperor of brazil

and none official president of Somalia boy did I mess that up

User avatar
Democratic East-Asia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5784
Founded: Aug 30, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Democratic East-Asia » Sat May 20, 2017 5:10 pm

Greater Liverpool wrote:I am Guessing Greece is Communist

Yes.
Revolutionary Communist State set in Asia. MT/ Early PMT.
NS stats are not used.
Actively funding left-wing "terrorist" organizations since its founding.

East Asian News: Economic output up 1.2% from last quarter. | Bengalese Premier announces completion of new sea walls

User avatar
The Grene Knyght
Minister
 
Posts: 2898
Founded: May 07, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Grene Knyght » Sat May 20, 2017 5:12 pm

All details filled out now.
Full Nation Name : The Second Spanish Republic
Short Nation Name : Spain
Flag / National Symbols: Flag, Coat of Arms

Government Type : Semi-presidential Republic
Official Political Ideology : Liberal Democracy
Head of State : Niceto Alcalá-Zamora [deceased]
Head of Government : Juan Negrín y López
Government Description : A weak coalition of the liberal, republican and socialist parties.

Territory : Spain (except Gibraltar), Spanish Sahara, Guinea, the Protectorate of Morocco and the International Zone of Tangier
Territorial Ambitions : Differs between factions.
Capital City : Madrid - one of the largest cities in western Europe and located directly in the centre of the peninsula, all major factions on the mainland have roughly equal numbers of supporters here.
Population : 25.5 million.

Majority/Official Culture : Spanish

Majority/State Religion : Catholic

Major Industries / Economic sectors:
Amount of Industrialization : Catalonia and the Basque countries are the only two places where the value of manufacturing output exceeds the value of agriculture by 1938.
Economic Description : Spain is dominated by its agricultural sector, whose output is small in comparison to other European countries due to the low quality of the land and the poorly suited weather, with most of the country dominated by mountains and drought a frequent occurrence. The economy experienced a widescale revitalisation in the 1920s, with the land reform being instituted and an influx of foreign investment. In the aftermath of the Great Depression, however, economic growth was halted, and by 1938 there is little industrialisation outside the major cities and agricultural output remains poor.

Military Description

Army: 750,000 Infantry, with a further 250,000 in paramilitary groups. 490 tanks. 1500 artillery pieces. 310 armoured vehicles.

Navy: 1 España-class dreadnoughts, 4 cruisers, 17 destroyers, 6 B-Class, 6 C-Class and 3 D-Class submarines.

Air Force: 950 aircraft.


National Goals : Spain is divided into factions, each hoping to establish a new Spanish society adhering to their specific ideology.


History : In this timeline, General Miguel Primo de Rivera’s 1923 coup fails, resulting in a more stable, long lived Second Republic, lasting from 1923 up to the start of this RP, but Spain is far more polarised, too, setting the stage for a Spanish civil war more divisive and brutal than before.
In 1923 General Rivera, with the aid of King Alfonso XIII, attempted to take control of the Spanish government. He was, however, thwarted. This lead to the king’s abdication, although, crucially, not his exile. The Second Spanish Republic is founded in place of a monarch, with Manuel García-Prieto, 1st Marquis of Alhucemas, at its head. Things were going well for the new republic in its first few years, enacting a largely liberal, social democratic agenda to little opposition. However, the great depression threw the republic into disarray. A slew of weakened coalition governments drive the Republic further into recession, with far-left and right movements on the rise everywhere, and the military at all times moments from taking control. In late 1937, while strikes ravage the country, President Niceto Alcalá-Zamora holds a rally on Christmas day in order to ask the workers to return to their jobs. The routine speech goes awry, when Alcalá-Zamora is shot dead. 1938 dawns on a Spain in the midst of a succession crisis, with those on the far left and right seeing this as a chance to gain power. On the left, the moderate centre to centre-left republicans find themselves in a faction with the UESR-aligned Socialist Party, as well as the radical syndicalist CNT-FAI, operating out of Catalonia. The right consists of paramilitary groups operating under the leadership of the fascist Francisco Franco. Franco, a supporter of the Monarchists and the Prince Alfonso, is seen by his young patron as a radical extremist, useful for achieving his goals but useless once the monarchy is reinstated. Even among the aristocrats, typically a bastion of monarchist support, their is a divide, for some plot to restore Prince Xavier of Bourbon-Parma to the throne, a man of a differing line of descent in the Bourbon tree to the prince Alfonso, but popular among the Carlist movement. No matter which monarch takes control, there are those who recall the days of the Spanish Empire, and look overseas to the vast areas of central and south America that they once control, hoping to once again rule the Atlantic. While the left and right stand ready in their fractured factions, there are other movements in Spanish society. The military stand ready to take control independent of either faction, although to do so would surely spark war. In Galicia, and in the Basque country, people who never really felt integrated into the Spanish nation-state see this as a chance for greater autonomy, while the Aragonese aristocracy look west, to the Mediterranean they once controlled and remember when they were a major force in Europe in their own right. In Morocco, the Sultan Mohammed V has his own plans for independence, although doing so threatens to draw both Britain and France into the conflict in order to protect their own interests in the Tangier International Zone. Others perhaps will look with greedy eyes to Spain’s colony in Guinea, or hope to establish a friendly communist country on the Atlantic, or perhaps to keep the nation capitalist, no matter who controls it. No matter what happens, Spain in 1938 is a country that stands on the brink of anarchy.


#RedDawn1938
Last edited by The Grene Knyght on Sun May 21, 2017 4:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
     
[_★_]
(◕‿◕)
AN-COM|FEMINIST|GREEN|
Portal Nationalist | Proletarian Moralist
Socialist Women wrote:Part of the reason you're an anarchist is because you ate too much expired food.
Claorica wrote:Go burn down Berkeley again.
2015 - x=-8.75, y=-6.56
2016 - x=-8.88, y=-9.54
2017 - x=-9.63, y=-9.9
2018 - x=-9.88, y=-9.23

User avatar
South Vict
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1853
Founded: Sep 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby South Vict » Sat May 20, 2017 5:14 pm

The Grene Knyght wrote:Mostly done, except some research on major industries and military power.
Full Nation Name : The Second Spanish Republic
Short Nation Name : Spain
Flag / National Symbols: Flag, Coat of Arms

Government Type : Semi-presidential Republic
Official Political Ideology : Liberal Democracy
Head of State : Niceto Alcalá-Zamora [deceased]
Head of Government : Juan Negrín y López
Government Description : A weak coalition of the liberal, republican and socialist parties.

Territory : Spain (except Gibraltar), Spanish Sahara, Guinea, the Protectorate of Morocco and the International Zone of Tangier
Territorial Ambitions : Differs between factions.
Capital City : Madrid - one of the largest cities in western Europe and located directly in the centre of the peninsula, all major factions on the mainland have roughly equal numbers of supporters here.
Population : 25.5 million.

Majority/Official Culture : Spanish

Majority/State Religion : Catholic

Major Industries / Economic sectors:
Amount of Industrialization : (General description of how industrialized your nation is)
Economic Description :

Military Description
(Give precise numbers if possible. Otherwise ballpark estimates are allowed, but be sure to give enough detail)

Army:

Navy:

Air Force:


National Goals : Spain is divided into factions, each hoping to establish a new Spanish society adhering to their specific ideology.


History : In this timeline, General Miguel Primo de Rivera’s 1923 coup fails, resulting in a more stable, long lived Second Republic, lasting from 1923 up to the start of this RP, but Spain is far more polarised, too, setting the stage for a Spanish civil war more divisive and brutal than before.
In 1923 General Rivera, with the aid of King Alfonso XIII, attempted to take control of the Spanish government. He was, however, thwarted. This lead to the king’s abdication, although, crucially, not his exile. The Second Spanish Republic is founded in place of a monarch, with Manuel García-Prieto, 1st Marquis of Alhucemas, at its head. Things were going well for the new republic in its first few years, enacting a largely liberal, social democratic agenda to little opposition. However, the great depression threw the republic into disarray. A slew of weakened coalition governments drive the Republic further into recession, with far-left and right movements on the rise everywhere, and the military at all times moments from taking control. In late 1937, while strikes ravage the country, President Niceto Alcalá-Zamora holds a rally on Christmas day in order to ask the workers to return to their jobs. The routine speech goes awry, when Alcalá-Zamora is shot dead. 1938 dawns on a Spain in the midst of a succession crisis, with those on the far left and right seeing this as a chance to gain power. On the left, the moderate centre to centre-left republicans find themselves in a faction with the UESR-aligned Socialist Party, as well as the radical syndicalist CNT-FAI, operating out of Catalonia. The right consists of paramilitary groups operating under the leadership of the fascist Francisco Franco. Franco, a supporter of the Monarchists and the Prince Alfonso, is seen by his young patron as a radical extremist, useful for achieving his goals but useless once the monarchy is reinstated. Even among the aristocrats, typically a bastion of monarchist support, their is a divide, for some plot to restore Prince Xavier of Bourbon-Parma to the throne, a man of a differing line of descent in the Bourbon tree to the prince Alfonso, but popular among the Carlist movement. No matter which monarch takes control, there are those who recall the days of the Spanish Empire, and look overseas to the vast areas of central and south America that they once control, hoping to once again rule the Atlantic. While the left and right stand ready in their fractured factions, there are other movements in Spanish society. The military stand ready to take control independent of either faction, although to do so would surely spark war. In Galicia, and in the Basque country, people who never really felt integrated into the Spanish nation-state see this as a chance for greater autonomy, while the Aragonese aristocracy look west, to the Mediterranean they once controlled and remember when they were a major force in Europe in their own right. In Morocco, the Sultan Mohammed V has his own plans for independence, although doing so threatens to draw both Britain and France into the conflict in order to protect their own interests in the Tangier International Zone. Others perhaps will look with greedy eyes to Spain’s colony in Guinea, or hope to establish a friendly communist country on the Atlantic, or perhaps to keep the nation capitalist, no matter who controls it. No matter what happens, Spain in 1938 is a country that stands on the brink of anarchy.


#RedDawn1938

Just can't wait :)

User avatar
Democratic East-Asia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5784
Founded: Aug 30, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Democratic East-Asia » Sat May 20, 2017 5:14 pm

South Vict wrote:
The Grene Knyght wrote:Mostly done, except some research on major industries and military power.
Full Nation Name : The Second Spanish Republic
Short Nation Name : Spain
Flag / National Symbols: Flag, Coat of Arms

Government Type : Semi-presidential Republic
Official Political Ideology : Liberal Democracy
Head of State : Niceto Alcalá-Zamora [deceased]
Head of Government : Juan Negrín y López
Government Description : A weak coalition of the liberal, republican and socialist parties.

Territory : Spain (except Gibraltar), Spanish Sahara, Guinea, the Protectorate of Morocco and the International Zone of Tangier
Territorial Ambitions : Differs between factions.
Capital City : Madrid - one of the largest cities in western Europe and located directly in the centre of the peninsula, all major factions on the mainland have roughly equal numbers of supporters here.
Population : 25.5 million.

Majority/Official Culture : Spanish

Majority/State Religion : Catholic

Major Industries / Economic sectors:
Amount of Industrialization : (General description of how industrialized your nation is)
Economic Description :

Military Description
(Give precise numbers if possible. Otherwise ballpark estimates are allowed, but be sure to give enough detail)

Army:

Navy:

Air Force:


National Goals : Spain is divided into factions, each hoping to establish a new Spanish society adhering to their specific ideology.


History : In this timeline, General Miguel Primo de Rivera’s 1923 coup fails, resulting in a more stable, long lived Second Republic, lasting from 1923 up to the start of this RP, but Spain is far more polarised, too, setting the stage for a Spanish civil war more divisive and brutal than before.
In 1923 General Rivera, with the aid of King Alfonso XIII, attempted to take control of the Spanish government. He was, however, thwarted. This lead to the king’s abdication, although, crucially, not his exile. The Second Spanish Republic is founded in place of a monarch, with Manuel García-Prieto, 1st Marquis of Alhucemas, at its head. Things were going well for the new republic in its first few years, enacting a largely liberal, social democratic agenda to little opposition. However, the great depression threw the republic into disarray. A slew of weakened coalition governments drive the Republic further into recession, with far-left and right movements on the rise everywhere, and the military at all times moments from taking control. In late 1937, while strikes ravage the country, President Niceto Alcalá-Zamora holds a rally on Christmas day in order to ask the workers to return to their jobs. The routine speech goes awry, when Alcalá-Zamora is shot dead. 1938 dawns on a Spain in the midst of a succession crisis, with those on the far left and right seeing this as a chance to gain power. On the left, the moderate centre to centre-left republicans find themselves in a faction with the UESR-aligned Socialist Party, as well as the radical syndicalist CNT-FAI, operating out of Catalonia. The right consists of paramilitary groups operating under the leadership of the fascist Francisco Franco. Franco, a supporter of the Monarchists and the Prince Alfonso, is seen by his young patron as a radical extremist, useful for achieving his goals but useless once the monarchy is reinstated. Even among the aristocrats, typically a bastion of monarchist support, their is a divide, for some plot to restore Prince Xavier of Bourbon-Parma to the throne, a man of a differing line of descent in the Bourbon tree to the prince Alfonso, but popular among the Carlist movement. No matter which monarch takes control, there are those who recall the days of the Spanish Empire, and look overseas to the vast areas of central and south America that they once control, hoping to once again rule the Atlantic. While the left and right stand ready in their fractured factions, there are other movements in Spanish society. The military stand ready to take control independent of either faction, although to do so would surely spark war. In Galicia, and in the Basque country, people who never really felt integrated into the Spanish nation-state see this as a chance for greater autonomy, while the Aragonese aristocracy look west, to the Mediterranean they once controlled and remember when they were a major force in Europe in their own right. In Morocco, the Sultan Mohammed V has his own plans for independence, although doing so threatens to draw both Britain and France into the conflict in order to protect their own interests in the Tangier International Zone. Others perhaps will look with greedy eyes to Spain’s colony in Guinea, or hope to establish a friendly communist country on the Atlantic, or perhaps to keep the nation capitalist, no matter who controls it. No matter what happens, Spain in 1938 is a country that stands on the brink of anarchy.


#RedDawn1938

Just can't wait :)

You have yet to app.
Revolutionary Communist State set in Asia. MT/ Early PMT.
NS stats are not used.
Actively funding left-wing "terrorist" organizations since its founding.

East Asian News: Economic output up 1.2% from last quarter. | Bengalese Premier announces completion of new sea walls

User avatar
Greater Liverpool
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1159
Founded: Apr 13, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Greater Liverpool » Sat May 20, 2017 5:15 pm

Okay reserving Greek Freedom Fighters please
I am the real emperor of brazil

and none official president of Somalia boy did I mess that up

User avatar
Democratic East-Asia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5784
Founded: Aug 30, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Democratic East-Asia » Sat May 20, 2017 5:16 pm

Greater Liverpool wrote:Okay reserving Greek Freedom Fighters please

Sure, greek rebels shall be noted.
Revolutionary Communist State set in Asia. MT/ Early PMT.
NS stats are not used.
Actively funding left-wing "terrorist" organizations since its founding.

East Asian News: Economic output up 1.2% from last quarter. | Bengalese Premier announces completion of new sea walls

User avatar
South Vict
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1853
Founded: Sep 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby South Vict » Sat May 20, 2017 5:16 pm

Democratic East-Asia wrote:
South Vict wrote:Just can't wait :)

You have yet to app.

Didn't i reserved Thailand?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Biscaria, Dayganistan, Faal Lot Himdah, Google [Bot], Newne Carriebean7, Nuridia, Olthenia, Ralnis, Rostavykhan, Saxony-Brandenburg, The Bananic, The Manticoran Empire, The Vekta-Helghast Empire, Tiltjuice, Vacif, Vaquas

Advertisement

Remove ads