NATION

PASSWORD

Mana Chronicles: The Tournament War (IC: Modern Fantasy)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:26 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Rabbit sighed with gratitude, as Lady Aleramici-Gramont approached and smacked Hans across the face. Her authority was not one to be trumped, and should Hans try to openly defy her he would wind-up dead. He was a strong Mage, but he had most likely not seen genuine physical conflict in a long time. Even a smack in the face was probably unusual for him. Rabbit hoped that this would keep him from causing trouble for a little while-even though he knew that Hans would probably go home and complain to Joachim. “Thank you, Lady Aleramici-Gramont...” he whispered.

Eglantine in the meantime clapped her hands lightly, grinning all the while. Hans was now the black sheep of the meeting, and had no advantages which he could lord over others. Her eyes twinkled, as she wondered what Hans was going to try to do now. Without his authority, he was basically just one of Henry’s obnoxious relatives. “...I take back what I said about this meeting...” she muttered to Henry with obvious mirth, “this might just be the pick-me-up I need...”

Manfred von Kressel

His eyes had a certain disappointment. Hans, after all these years, failed to understand simple rules like the guest ones. Slightly turning his head to face Sianna, Manfred took a deep breath that he was tired of watching over his son in situations like this, before he answered the Lady of the House.

"No, you'll not gut him here, or outside here. First, because I am his father and we are both capable adult mages. Second, because you are right. However, I can't do anything against my son's presence here, because he's not here as my company. He was sent here by my brother, the Grand Lord of the House, to watch over the movements the House intends to do.

In simple words, he's here to report the position of the von Kressels here to Joachim. So, given this meeting started with some unpleasant violence, I'll conduct my business here faster than my usual pace. Without unnecessary loops around the main subject, I ask: Besides the massive loss of soldiers, an arm and the wounds some of our allies suffered, what happened there? Sarah never calls me for unnecessary things.

So, what's the reason for this urgency? Blanchefleur is building a massive weapon? New allies? New enemies?"

“And what, he stopped being your son when he started living at his uncle’s house?” Eglantine questioned, whipping her head in Manfred’s direction. “You heard the Lady. If you’re not going to discipline your wet-nosed, deer-eyed mutt of a son, then Lady Aleramici’s going to do it for you. Or I will, if none of the boys want to get their hands dirty. Besides, it’s not polite to make the Hostess take out the trash.” She then turned toward Hans, flipping her long hair over her shoulder and shooting him a wry smirk.

Rabbit sighed, trying to think of something to say to veer the conversation from its dangerous edge once again. Turning toward Manfred, he answered, “We were seeking to retrieve property that had fallen into the Hansen of Blanchefleur Rise, and she launched an offense in which we were not entirely prepared. She summoned several demons, and then an abomination whose species we have yet to recognize. We’re here to discuss the direction her attacks shall possibly take in the future, since they are already incredibly sinister.”

Toward Hans, he calmly added, “I am not sure if civil discussion is what you are here for, but if you wish to make yourself, and Great Lord Joachim by extension, useful, then you should warn him that Lady Blanchefleur has begun to intensify her attacks on the Aleramici-Gramont. Since Henry is fighting on the front lines in your place, the heirship to the House Von Kressel is at stake as well, since Lady Blanchefleur will no doubt seek to attack him soon. Should he not wish to lend a hand, of course, then that shall present a major problem. Should Henry be killed in battle, you or Great Lord Joachim will most likely be in danger next.”
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Frisct the II
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Frisct the II » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:58 am

Chrome Legion wrote:Adikia

Snakes, it should be known, do not have voice boxes, vocal cords, or mouths shaped properly for human speech. There was surely some magical way around this conundrum, but spread as thin as she was, and not being skilled in manipulating wind or air; they were out of Adi's reach. Thankfully, snakes can hear. Adi didn't entirely know what to do with the information that Annie had presented to her. For now she would just have to rely on Annie to get back them safe. Adi wrapped herself around Annie, curling around her torso and resting over her shoulders, ready to aid her sister if such was needed.
Back at home, Adi barely heard Nym's surprisingly serious words.

"... I don't know. I hope that even if you are strong enough that you won't have to. Maybe you'll find a path that takes you away from violence, even if it is to protect others."

"A path away from violence..." Nym pondered her words, and stood up. He walled over to Adikia and sat down beside her. "I don't know anything about the nature of people. All I know is that I want to be with you and Annie." He looked down at the floor and thought. To protect. I want to protect Adikia and Annie so I can stay with them. He did not yet know what dangers that would be waiting for him along that path, but he knew it was the path he wanted to take. He felt that there was a darker path within him, one that would give him power, but at what cost? Nym decided he would not venture down the path of darkness unless he was in a dire need to do so.

After thinking for a while, Nym got up again and headed towards the center of the room and sat down. If he wanted to be stronger he needed to be able to gather and use large amounts of mana woth the same amount of precision he could an average amount. He wanted to be unmatched in sheer power, so that nobody could hurt the people he cared about. Thinking this, he began gather mana to himself. It was a slow and steady flow that could be improved upon over time. Thusly, he sat there, and continued gathering it so that he could train with it later.

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:22 am

Luminesa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Manfred von Kressel

His eyes had a certain disappointment. Hans, after all these years, failed to understand simple rules like the guest ones. Slightly turning his head to face Sianna, Manfred took a deep breath that he was tired of watching over his son in situations like this, before he answered the Lady of the House.

"No, you'll not gut him here, or outside here. First, because I am his father and we are both capable adult mages. Second, because you are right. However, I can't do anything against my son's presence here, because he's not here as my company. He was sent here by my brother, the Grand Lord of the House, to watch over the movements the House intends to do.

In simple words, he's here to report the position of the von Kressels here to Joachim. So, given this meeting started with some unpleasant violence, I'll conduct my business here faster than my usual pace. Without unnecessary loops around the main subject, I ask: Besides the massive loss of soldiers, an arm and the wounds some of our allies suffered, what happened there? Sarah never calls me for unnecessary things.

So, what's the reason for this urgency? Blanchefleur is building a massive weapon? New allies? New enemies?"

“And what, he stopped being your son when he started living at his uncle’s house?” Eglantine questioned, whipping her head in Manfred’s direction. “You heard the Lady. If you’re not going to discipline your wet-nosed, deer-eyed mutt of a son, then Lady Aleramici’s going to do it for you. Or I will, if none of the boys want to get their hands dirty. Besides, it’s not polite to make the Hostess take out the trash.” She then turned toward Hans, flipping her long hair over her shoulder and shooting him a wry smirk.

Rabbit sighed, trying to think of something to say to veer the conversation from its dangerous edge once again. Turning toward Manfred, he answered, “We were seeking to retrieve property that had fallen into the Hansen of Blanchefleur Rise, and she launched an offense in which we were not entirely prepared. She summoned several demons, and then an abomination whose species we have yet to recognize. We’re here to discuss the direction her attacks shall possibly take in the future, since they are already incredibly sinister.”

Toward Hans, he calmly added, “I am not sure if civil discussion is what you are here for, but if you wish to make yourself, and Great Lord Joachim by extension, useful, then you should warn him that Lady Blanchefleur has begun to intensify her attacks on the Aleramici-Gramont. Since Henry is fighting on the front lines in your place, the heirship to the House Von Kressel is at stake as well, since Lady Blanchefleur will no doubt seek to attack him soon. Should he not wish to lend a hand, of course, then that shall present a major problem. Should Henry be killed in battle, you or Great Lord Joachim will most likely be in danger next.”

Manfred von Kressel

Oh, the young days... so eager to speak... Can't blame her completely.

"What I forgot to mention Ms. Eglantine, or what you forgot to hear, is that he isn't here by my authority. He is here over another person's authority, in a purpose that isn't mine. I can't interfere in someone sent by another Lord or Lady, be my son or not. I have rules to follow, and even if Hans is my son, he was employed by someone else. Asking me to interfere here makes absolutely no sense, but if you really must complain, Joachim is in Vienna.

And Rabbit, an unknown abomination, you say? Judging by the state of the people involved... First thing to do is determine if it was her abomination or she strengthened her side. Her future attacks might be directed to the Aleramici before doing any moves against more distant houses. Secure the yard before crossing the street, in an useful analogy.

Now, we need to think about a counteroffensive. But to do it openly, would be foolish. We can't simply walk around to a battlefield again. Now, please tell me more about this abomination, maybe there's a clue we can use to discern its nature."

Hans von Kressel

His ego was more hurt than his face. Being reprimanded in public like that damaged his ego more than his appearance. Slightly rubbing his face to ease the burning of the slap. As he heard Rabbit speaking, he slowly filled himself again with the feeling of superiority over the others in the room.

"Us? In danger? No. You are in danger, Henry is in danger. We were right from the start when we said we shouldn't interfere here. What we receive? Ingratitude from the ones that we help, in the form of a slap. Do you think I care if Henry dies? One less disgrace for our House. Different from Henry and his Warrior Prince Complex, we know how to pick our fights.

And you're the only mutt I see here, Rise whore. I am here invested with the authority of the House von Kressel and yet you don't realize that you wasted your last chance of getting some support on this matter, because my opinion is valuable in the eyes of Joachim. You know what? I'll go back to Vienna soon as this ends, to solidify our position out of this. You know what? I think you all fell into a setup.

Anyone here ever asked why this Rise whore came back right now? She wants to make amends with her family, and probably told someone there. Let's investigate her instead of using me as a scapegoat. What about Rabbit? A bloody DMB is here, sitting like he isn't a feral animal waiting to kill us. You all are missing the point here."

Henry von Kressel

Usually, Henry would do a long speech about how he knew about Rabbit, about what happened to Eglantine and how that was impossible in different ways. However, he decided to talk with Hans in a different, more primal way. With two steps he reduced the distance between him and Hans, before Hans felt his cousin's knee to his stomach, before Henry slammed Hans's face against the table, making his nose transform in a bloody mess. Pulling him up again, he punched Hans in the face, with enough force to make his cousin stumble behind.

Lifting him by his neck, Henry stared at Hans with an uncommon fury.

"Want attention? You got mine. See, I don't care for the authority my father gave you. If you open your mouth once more to speak anything useless to make your ego bigger to comfort your notable lack of talents, I'll throw you outside through that window and I'll beat you until you we reach Vienna, so you can say personally how you are a failure.

Came here to report? Great. Then go away and tell with all the details how I smashed your face against this table and how you asked for it. Now, leave this room!"

Opening the door, he threw Hans outside, and slammed the door, before breathing and adjusting his tie.

"Sorry for the disturbance. I needed to take out the trash, so this room could become a civilized place once more. Now, Manfred put some interesting questions here and I believe that despite this interruption, the answers could enlighten our situation."
Nothing to see here, move along.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:59 am

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:“And what, he stopped being your son when he started living at his uncle’s house?” Eglantine questioned, whipping her head in Manfred’s direction. “You heard the Lady. If you’re not going to discipline your wet-nosed, deer-eyed mutt of a son, then Lady Aleramici’s going to do it for you. Or I will, if none of the boys want to get their hands dirty. Besides, it’s not polite to make the Hostess take out the trash.” She then turned toward Hans, flipping her long hair over her shoulder and shooting him a wry smirk.

Manfred von Kressel

"What I forgot to mention Ms. Eglantine, or what you forgot to hear, is that he isn't here by my authority. He is here over another person's authority, in a purpose that isn't mine. I can't interfere in someone sent by another Lord or Lady, be my son or not. I have rules to follow, and even if Hans is my son, he was employed by someone else. Asking me to interfere here makes absolutely no sense, but if you really must complain, Joachim is in Vienna.

And Rabbit, an unknown abomination, you say? Judging by the state of the people involved... First thing to do is determine if it was her abomination or she strengthened her side. Her future attacks might be directed to the Aleramici before doing any moves against more distant houses. Secure the yard before crossing the street, in an useful analogy.

Now, we need to think about a counteroffensive. But to do it openly, would be foolish. We can't simply walk around to a battlefield again. Now, please tell me more about this abomination, maybe there's a clue we can use to discern its nature."

Hans von Kressel

His ego was more hurt than his face. Being reprimanded in public like that damaged his ego more than his appearance. Slightly rubbing his face to ease the burning of the slap. As he heard Rabbit speaking, he slowly filled himself again with the feeling of superiority over the others in the room.

"Us? In danger? No. You are in danger, Henry is in danger. We were right from the start when we said we shouldn't interfere here. What we receive? Ingratitude from the ones that we help, in the form of a slap. Do you think I care if Henry dies? One less disgrace for our House. Different from Henry and his Warrior Prince Complex, we know how to pick our fights.

And you're the only mutt I see here, Rise whore. I am here invested with the authority of the House von Kressel and yet you don't realize that you wasted your last chance of getting some support on this matter, because my opinion is valuable in the eyes of Joachim. You know what? I'll go back to Vienna soon as this ends, to solidify our position out of this. You know what? I think you all fell into a setup.

Anyone here ever asked why this Rise whore came back right now? She wants to make amends with her family, and probably told someone there. Let's investigate her instead of using me as a scapegoat. What about Rabbit? A bloody DMB is here, sitting like he isn't a feral animal waiting to kill us. You all are missing the point here."

Henry von Kressel

Usually, Henry would do a long speech about how he knew about Rabbit, about what happened to Eglantine and how that was impossible in different ways. However, he decided to talk with Hans in a different, more primal way. With two steps he reduced the distance between him and Hans, before Hans felt his cousin's knee to his stomach, before Henry slammed Hans's face against the table, making his nose transform in a bloody mess. Pulling him up again, he punched Hans in the face, with enough force to make his cousin stumble behind.

"Want attention? You got mine. See, I don't care for the authority my father gave you. If you open your mouth once more to speak anything useless to make your ego bigger to comfort your notable lack of talents, I'll throw you outside through that window and I'll beat you until you we reach Vienna, so you can say personally how you are a failure.

Came here to report? Great. Then go away and tell with all the details how I smashed your face against this table and how you asked for it. Now, leave this room!"

Opening the door, he threw Hans outside, and slammed the door, before breathing and adjusting his tie.

"Sorry for the disturbance. I needed to take out the trash, so this room could become a civilized place once more. Now, Manfred put some interesting questions here and I believe that despite this interruption, the answers could enlighten our situation."

Eglantine kept a stone face as Hans taunted her and called her the “Rise whore”. She was close to strutting across the room to beat him to a bloody pulp, however, for continuing to insult Rabbit. On the other hand, while Rabbit did not care that he had been insulted, he clenched his remaining fist in cold rage as Hans called Eglantine a whore. Eglantine did want to answer Hans regarding her status, but before she could open her mouth Henry marched the length of the room toward his cousin.

Moments later Hans was beset by a raging Henry, who smashed his face in with his fist seconds later. He then kneed him hard in the gut, and smashed his face in Lady Aleramici-Gramont’s table. Rabbit was appalled by the sudden show of violence, though as his stomach sunk he knew that everything was unfolding just as he feared. Not to say Hans did not deserve a beating, as he himself had the right mind to discipline him if he had more strength available, but he was briefly reminded of how Henry had nearly killed Anatoly in Paris. He had regretted allowing that fight to take place, and now he could do nothing but watch as Henry crumbled Hans into a ball of pain. He was merely glad that Allistor and Eglantine-who watched with shock-did not join the brutal beating. Regardless, he needed a few moments to collect himself, before he could speak to Manfred.

“...Ahhh...well...that was...quick...” Rabbit mumbled, “...but to continue with our main topic of discussion...the Mana of the Being was...incredibly dark and irregular...it had the ability to shape shift, it was...entirely made of bones, I believe...and its bite and claws are highly corrosive. However, it was capable of human speech and intelligence. Thus I have to wonder if it was potentially a human twisted into another form...If that is the case, then Lady Blanchefleur may be manipulating the bodies of the dead to do her bidding.”
Last edited by Luminesa on Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Serah
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:05 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:“And what, he stopped being your son when he started living at his uncle’s house?” Eglantine questioned, whipping her head in Manfred’s direction. “You heard the Lady. If you’re not going to discipline your wet-nosed, deer-eyed mutt of a son, then Lady Aleramici’s going to do it for you. Or I will, if none of the boys want to get their hands dirty. Besides, it’s not polite to make the Hostess take out the trash.” She then turned toward Hans, flipping her long hair over her shoulder and shooting him a wry smirk.

Manfred von Kressel

Hans von Kressel

Henry von Kressel

"Thank you!" Shino thanked Henry, then sighed out of relief.

"If I may take up the place a bit, I have a part of a plan. But it would imply us going to Poland, or at least a small group going there to reactivate one of the sleeping cells of my network.
If they've not lost anything of their power, they could also help us pretty well. And are also infinitely more efficient than I am in open CQC." She spoke calmly, and showed a picture taken from a camera a few years ago.

The picture had been clearly taken during the night, but the woman standing alone in front of the church made it as if it was the middle of day.
A cape covered most of her body usually, but this once, the wind was blowing it back enough so that they could see some rather old clothing on her, easily hailing from the middle ages according to the style if they didn't know any better. A horse stood near her, carrying many books, one of them being taken by her and shining a light that was clearly not natural.

"This is Meliora Hendra, quite possibly one of the oddest mages I've seen. She isn't known to be discreet, but what she is known for is her ability to devastate an entire battlefield with her tomes.
She was, and still is to a degree, the overseer of the north eastern europe branch of my spy network, and holds the direct link to reboot it. She recently resurfaced after two years of silence, chances are she's gotten some hearsay of the war and is planning on picking a side." She explained shortly.

"Her main strength remains in the fact that her mana is similar to mine, unstable, yet powerful if stabilized correctly. She does that with her tomes and entirely forgoes the four elements and uses just about anything as long as she can write the spell down. Think of it as a constant, arcane boosted mage that could potentially cast meteors had she time to write it down." Then she sighed.
"However, as you may know, the Hofmann were neutral up until a few days ago, and I wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't aware of the situation. Meaning that she can go either way, side with the Rise and help their plans, or side with us. With that in mind and her possible battlefield shattering abilities, it may be wise to avoid her falling into the wrong hands, as she may reactivate my network for Blanchefleur too."

Then she seemed to be thinking about something.

"I'll just have to ask for someone teaming up with me, one or two people should be fine."
Last edited by Serah on Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Chrome Legion
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:49 pm

Sianna Alermici

Why did the von Kressels have to make everything so hard? Had they always been this difficult to deal with. At least Hanz hadn't been directly invited to be her guest, he and Manfred had shown up on their own. What annoyed her more was Henry presuming to kick Hanz out himself. This was still her house. And the table. Couldn't he have at least bashed that brats face into something that wasn't white? Did no one in the other houses teach there children manners becoming of their station? Had etiquette disappeared entirely? Though, pehaps it was for the best that Henry had jumped into the situation. Hanz had just again insulted her other guests, and only a formal challenge could have come from that. Henry had simply jumped to action before she could. Sianna wasn't particularly disappointed that she lost the chance to kill Hanz today, but she had been getting herself exited for getting to participate in another duel.

"Henry, do remember that this is still my house, even if that was your relative. I would look kindly on you letting me attend to matter of house cleaning. And I would like you to not get involved in this." Sianna's last sentence was punctuated by her retrieving a set of five metal bands out of a pelican case. The metal had a dull green glitter under the large sun light above them. "It's painfully obvious that you had nothing do do with warning your family or planning the ambush Eglantine. But you are a Rise. I'm sure you know that your family has a habit of... interfering with their children, even if those children have no say in the matter. While you stay here you will be free to move about as you wish, but I'm afraid to say that I will demand that your magic will be shackled by this dimeritium."

Adikia

"I'm not sure we know that much about the nature of people ourselves. We're different, we've lived at least three human life times already, but still they manage to puzzle me. Some are cruel and awful, hurting others for their own enjoyment, or they just don't care that they hurt others while getting what they want. Others, maybe like us, hurt people and tell themselves that they're doing it to make the world better. That by hurting some people they can stop others from being hurt. Maybe they're right, maybe we're right. Maybe not."
The year’s at the spring,
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The hill-side’s dew-pearled;
The lark’s on the wing;
The snail’s on the thorn;
God’s in His heaven—
All’s right with the world!

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:27 pm

Chrome Legion wrote:Sianna Alermici

Why did the von Kressels have to make everything so hard? Had they always been this difficult to deal with. At least Hanz hadn't been directly invited to be her guest, he and Manfred had shown up on their own. What annoyed her more was Henry presuming to kick Hanz out himself. This was still her house. And the table. Couldn't he have at least bashed that brats face into something that wasn't white? Did no one in the other houses teach there children manners becoming of their station? Had etiquette disappeared entirely? Though, pehaps it was for the best that Henry had jumped into the situation. Hanz had just again insulted her other guests, and only a formal challenge could have come from that. Henry had simply jumped to action before she could. Sianna wasn't particularly disappointed that she lost the chance to kill Hanz today, but she had been getting herself exited for getting to participate in another duel.

"Henry, do remember that this is still my house, even if that was your relative. I would look kindly on you letting me attend to matter of house cleaning. And I would like you to not get involved in this." Sianna's last sentence was punctuated by her retrieving a set of five metal bands out of a pelican case. The metal had a dull green glitter under the large sun light above them. "It's painfully obvious that you had nothing do do with warning your family or planning the ambush Eglantine. But you are a Rise. I'm sure you know that your family has a habit of... interfering with their children, even if those children have no say in the matter. While you stay here you will be free to move about as you wish, but I'm afraid to say that I will demand that your magic will be shackled by this dimeritium."

Adikia

"I'm not sure we know that much about the nature of people ourselves. We're different, we've lived at least three human life times already, but still they manage to puzzle me. Some are cruel and awful, hurting others for their own enjoyment, or they just don't care that they hurt others while getting what they want. Others, maybe like us, hurt people and tell themselves that they're doing it to make the world better. That by hurting some people they can stop others from being hurt. Maybe they're right, maybe we're right. Maybe not."

Eglantine wanted to protest, but she decided that Hans causing so much trouble had been enough for Lady Sianna. Thus she nodded. “I do have to note that my parents were apparently killed in a fire somewhere in Norway, in the last week. We were told about it through the news. And I haven’t been back to my family’s house since I left two years ago. But it is your house, so it is your rules,” she answered, calmly. She was of course all too aware that Blanchefleur and Solaine had probably begun to use their children to commit horrific crimes, and she accepted that Lady Sianna had every right to be suspicious of her. The sight and sensation of dimeritium was still uncomfortable, but she would simply have to endure it until she, Henry, and Rabbit finally got to return to Salzburg.

Nearby, Rabbit shifted anxiously in his seat. Dimeritium was deadly to DMBs, as it voided their magic and thus destroyed their physical forms. He had already lost an arm to Glód. Losing his entire body would be a disaster. He turned and looked away at the table, which was cracked and bloody, and he shuddered. Henry’s strength really was impressive, and frightening. Combined with such rage, it could become deadly-not just for enemies but also for allies.
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:25 pm

Luminesa wrote:

Eglantine wanted to protest, but she decided that Hans causing so much trouble had been enough for Lady Sianna. Thus she nodded. “I do have to note that my parents were apparently killed in a fire somewhere in Norway, in the last week. We were told about it through the news. And I haven’t been back to my family’s house since I left two years ago. But it is your house, so it is your rules,” she answered, calmly. She was of course all too aware that Blanchefleur and Solaine had probably begun to use their children to commit horrific crimes, and she accepted that Lady Sianna had every right to be suspicious of her. The sight and sensation of dimeritium was still uncomfortable, but she would simply have to endure it until she, Henry, and Rabbit finally got to return to Salzburg.

Nearby, Rabbit shifted anxiously in his seat. Dimeritium was deadly to DMBs, as it voided their magic and thus destroyed their physical forms. He had already lost an arm to Glód. Losing his entire body would be a disaster. He turned and looked away at the table, which was cracked and bloody, and he shuddered. Henry’s strength really was impressive, and frightening. Combined with such rage, it could become deadly-not just for enemies but also for allies.

Henry von Kressel

With an expression that clearly showed his indignation, Henry watched as Eglantine was shackled. However, even he knew that there was a limit that Lady Aleramici was going to tolerate inside her house. Knowing that she went through the way of being straight when dealing with such matters, Henry didn't hesitate to comment.

"Interfere? No. But I must say that while this is your house, he's still my relative and there are laws between us, no matter where we are. I could list them here, but I am sure Manfred heard them many times to care by now. Don't expect me to be happy with the decision of shackling someone that is helping me with the Rise matter right now.

However, discussions took too much time by now. I'll let Manfred speak, as I am sure he has something to say about that."

Manfred von Kressel

"Now that the unpleasant acts are out of our way, I can go back to the discussion that really matters here. The description Rabbit gives me matches a certain confidential report I read some time ago, from the Committee, but its exact date its... complicated, probably one century ago. It is filled with unconfirmed information and rumors, things that could scare lesser houses.

Poland fell to foreign influence, but Krakow stood independent. Before Poland was subjugated, we read some small pieces of a text about a certain House Dariusz, but that was it. At the time of the said report, the Committee sent a team of ten trained agents, to identify a possible leader or group that commanded their activities around Poland. Eight of them were dead, two escaped, but these two met a dark fate. One was sent to a mental hospital and the other one killed himself.

Their reports were... useless. Krakow is still a black zone, a place where we don't have any kind of information. But this type of beast, made of bones and brought from the dead, lead one of them to madness. He described beasts, made of bone, with a stench that could make a normal human vomit, and no hit seemed to kill it. Besides, he discovered that the blood was acid the worst way: He saw a fellow agent dying from one cut they managed to do, with the blood hitting the face of the said agent and melting it.

If we are facing Dariusz, we will have to do the work the Commitee failed to do: Identify, search, and kill, all of this in a zone that killed inquisitors and Committee agents."
Last edited by Kingdom of Irhk on Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Finsternia
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Finsternia » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:14 am

Allistor Abendroth

Allistor sighed and relaxed beside Rabbit with the expulsion of Hans out of the room. 'Doing nothing was the best choice after all.' Henry did the dirty job for him and he's happy for having his childhood friend thrash his own cousin. Though he was really itching to get his hands on Hans and bash the rude Von Kressel's skull through the wall. 'Maybe later, outside this place... I don't want to get an earful from Lady Sienna...'

When the Dimeritium shackles was brought out, Allistor felt an uncomfortable squeeze around his neck. "G-Glacia, stop it. You'll choke me to death." His right hand rose to touch the snake's head to calm whatever it was feeling. Glacia recoiled from the sensation of her master touching her snout but soon relaxed. Her chilling and soothing voice filled Allistor's mind.

"The Dimeritium is making me uncomfortable. I'm sorry Allistor. Let me get down and rest around your arm so that I won't accidentally crush your neck."

The voice hinted a tinge of dark humor which made the black haired teen cringe at shock. Glacia made her promise and slithered down his left shoulder and wrapped around his forearm, a little tight though not much to be uncomfortable or painful. The little blue glinted snake's voice intruded his mind once more with a hint.

"But if I were you, you better watch over the maimed Dark Mana Being beside you and not me."

With that, Glacia's voice left Allistor's thoughts, leaving him blinking at the snake. He then glanced at the masked professor. The white haired professor's thoughts couldn't be read as his face was obscured by his mask. However, Allistor could see his pale hand tremble. He remembered that Dimeritium is fatal for Dark Mana Beings. 'First it will disable their magic then melt away their physical bodies. If it can come contact with their heart, they'll die...' Allistor's eyes widened a bit in disbelief with what he thought of but he threw the panicky doubts out of the window. 'No, he won't die as long as I'm here.' Allistor extended his right hand towards Rabbit and gave him a warm smile. "Please, hold my hand so that you wouldn't be nervous."
Random stuff here. Random stuff there. Bla bla bla. Whatever I don't care.

Soon, the penguins shall rule the Earth with a cold flipper

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:59 am

Finsternia wrote:Allistor Abendroth

Allistor sighed and relaxed beside Rabbit with the expulsion of Hans out of the room. 'Doing nothing was the best choice after all.' Henry did the dirty job for him and he's happy for having his childhood friend thrash his own cousin. Though he was really itching to get his hands on Hans and bash the rude Von Kressel's skull through the wall. 'Maybe later, outside this place... I don't want to get an earful from Lady Sienna...'

When the Dimeritium shackles was brought out, Allistor felt an uncomfortable squeeze around his neck. "G-Glacia, stop it. You'll choke me to death." His right hand rose to touch the snake's head to calm whatever it was feeling. Glacia recoiled from the sensation of her master touching her snout but soon relaxed. Her chilling and soothing voice filled Allistor's mind.

"The Dimeritium is making me uncomfortable. I'm sorry Allistor. Let me get down and rest around your arm so that I won't accidentally crush your neck."

The voice hinted a tinge of dark humor which made the black haired teen cringe at shock. Glacia made her promise and slithered down his left shoulder and wrapped around his forearm, a little tight though not much to be uncomfortable or painful. The little blue glinted snake's voice intruded his mind once more with a hint.

"But if I were you, you better watch over the maimed Dark Mana Being beside you and not me."

With that, Glacia's voice left Allistor's thoughts, leaving him blinking at the snake. He then glanced at the masked professor. The white haired professor's thoughts couldn't be read as his face was obscured by his mask. However, Allistor could see his pale hand tremble. He remembered that Dimeritium is fatal for Dark Mana Beings. 'First it will disable their magic then melt away their physical bodies. If it can come contact with their heart, they'll die...' Allistor's eyes widened a bit in disbelief with what he thought of but he threw the panicky doubts out of the window. 'No, he won't die as long as I'm here.' Allistor extended his right hand towards Rabbit and gave him a warm smile. "Please, hold my hand so that you wouldn't be nervous."

Rabbit continued to shiver, both cold from the lack of a coat and in a cold sweat from the presence of the Dimeritium. He wanted to hide his anxiety, not wanting to cause Lady Aleramici any reason to think he was dangerous. Yet his body was trembling subtly, and if one took his mask off and watched him, he never took his eyes off Eglantine as she was shackled. He only hoped that she would not attempt to restrain him in the same way. As he thought about his options, which were limited, he heard Allistor speak to him. Please, hold my hand so that you wouldn’t be nervous. he said. He looked beside him and saw Allistor’s hand extended to him, and then looked up at his student. He was giving his weakened teacher a kind, cheery smile. For a moment, Rabbit was surprised-Allistor rarely smiled, after all. Yet he took his hand without a word, and squeezed it. “...Thank you...” he whispered.

He then turned back toward Manfred, listening to the discussion. His head was swimming slightly, so doing so proved rather difficult, but he heard enough. Apparently, House Dariusz had formed some sort of unholy alliance with Blanchefleur. That was the only conclusion he could make, as they generally killed or maimed everyone else who approached them. Blanchefleur would of course go to such a despicable and horrible clan, he thought, and it seems we were not the first to deal with Glód...nor that he was the only one of his kind... A horrid thought rose to his mind that nearly made his stomach sick.

...But...if there are more of them...who else have they sacrificed...who else have they twisted...who should have otherwise been allowed to sleep in peace... He let out a visible shudder, before he spoke to Manfred as steadily as he could manage, “...In that case...Krakow shall have to be one of the...first places we investigate. Their presence in our...conflict may give us...hints as to what Lady Blanchefleur is ultimately planning...”
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:29 pm

Chrome Legion wrote:Adikia

Snakes, it should be known, do not have voice boxes, vocal cords, or mouths shaped properly for human speech. There was surely some magical way around this conundrum, but spread as thin as she was, and not being skilled in manipulating wind or air; they were out of Adi's reach. Thankfully, snakes can hear. Adi didn't entirely know what to do with the information that Annie had presented to her. For now she would just have to rely on Annie to get back them safe. Adi wrapped herself around Annie, curling around her torso and resting over her shoulders, ready to aid her sister if such was needed.
Back at home, Adi barely heard Nym's surprisingly serious words.

"... I don't know. I hope that even if you are strong enough that you won't have to. Maybe you'll find a path that takes you away from violence, even if it is to protect others."

Ruxandra was pleased to see that the snake had decided to accompany her. She knew that she and her sister were never usually too far apart, so being separated from Adikia for a long period of time often made her uncomfortable. She wanted to continue and to find the humans, who had taken the wounded Dark Mana Being with them, but with the snake’s appearance she remembered that she did need to get food to Nym. Thus she would have to continue to Paris, and then return as quickly as possible for the evening. “...It is good that you are here with me. Now, let’s finish our journey. Then we shall discuss further what to do about the humans,” she suggested. She then continued to travel onward, ignoring any possible glances in her direction. After all, with the snake wrapped around her, Ruxandra probably did seem to be a curious sight. She could not care less.
-Alan Jackson

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:03 pm

Sianna Alermici

For the first time Sianna seemed somewhat uncomfortable. She shuffled her weight uneasily between her legs before speaking. "Dariusz is not unknown to me. To us. It doesn't surprise me that you have been unable to learn anything. They have acted as brokers and dealers among the lesser houses for as long as I can remember. Though, none of what you have told me was known to me. Dariusz has always just been the people to contact if you want to get something done with out the great houses knowing. Like... buying Dimetirium, for example. I don't know why they would involve themselves with a great house after all this time. What's changed? Why would they want to act with a great house now? Could Rise have hired them? Egalintine, have you heard of any contact that between your family and Dariusz?"
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Frisct the II
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Frisct the II » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:25 pm

Nym

Nym had been gathering mana for quite some time now, and had accumulated quite the sum of it. He began to mould it into different shapes and figures, dispersing it slightly and then bringing it back together. His hair and irises glowed lightly, giving off a gentle blue aura. I have to become strong. I need to have more control. If not formyself, then for Annie and Adikia. He had not been in this world long, but Annie and Adikia were to first to find him and essentially nurture him. He trusted them more than anything, and saw them something like mother or sister figures that he could look up to. In order to stay with them, he needed strength so that those bad guys couldn't take them away.

Nym compressed the gathered mana, making it into a slowly shrinking sphere that became more dense over time. He started sweating with the effort that he was putting into his practice. The sphere continued to shrink until Nym could continue no more, and was then released back into the atmosphere. Nym lay flat on his back on the floor, and looked up at the ceiling. He spoke to Adikia.

"My path may not be clear as of yet, but I would like to continue to walk with you and Annie."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:38 pm

For the first time Sianna seemed somewhat uncomfortable. She shuffled her weight uneasily between her legs before speaking. "Dariusz is not unknown to me. To us. It doesn't surprise me that you have been unable to learn anything. They have acted as brokers and dealers among the lesser houses for as long as I can remember. Though, none of what you have told me was known to me. Dariusz has always just been the people to contact if you want to get something done with out the great houses knowing. Like... buying Dimetirium, for example. I don't know why they would involve themselves with a great house after all this time. What's changed? Why would they want to act with a great house now? Could Rise have hired them? Egalintine, have you heard of any contact that between your family and Dariusz?"

“...Your guess is as good as mine,” Eglantine answered. She was slightly frustrated-despite the fact that she had pretended to be dead for two years, and had lived under a different identity in Spain, she was still suspected to know about her family’s most recent dealings. Then again, she could not have expected Lady Sianna to know such information, despite her recent battles with House Rise. Thus she decided to explain herself, rather than keeping the information to herself.

“I haven’t been home in two years. I just found out this week that my parents are dead, as are Solaine, Saturninus, and Celestine Rise. The only other children still alive are Victor, Soleil as far as I know, and me. And Soleil probably knows even less than I do-the family never let him in on any of the deeper secrets of the clan, even when they were trying to break him. That much I know. As for Victor...well...he’s long-since sworn-off any relation to the Rise’s main motives,” she explained.

She turned and looked out the window for a moment, thinking about the last week. She could not get into Lady Blanchefleur’s head-she never could. Despite being the smartest Mage of all the Rise children, her aunt had always been a dark and foreboding mystery. Frankly, she had never wanted to even try to pick her brain, for fear of what she would find. She had heard enough when Saturninus as a child had confided in her his mother’s wicked plans for him and his sister. Now they were both dead, and Blanchefleur was not one to mourn. That much she knew. When she turned back toward Lady Sianna, her eyes were hard, with a tinge of grief.

“...I don’t know why Lady Blanchefleur has decided to get involved with Dariusz. But I can tell you this much,” she answered, coolly, “If Dariusz could help her to get the power she wants, then she’ll deal with them. She would probably sacrifice her own children to them, if they weren’t already dead. And if the reports on the battle against her minions are true, then she’s truly going after a new low. Nothing is evil enough for her.”
Last edited by Luminesa on Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:02 pm

Sianna Alermici

"Then, with this information from Shino and the others, our path is clear. We must investigate Kraków and Dariusz. There has to be a reason that Dariusz would ally with Rise, and maybe there is some reason that they would break their alliance. We'll need to be careful. I don't think we can risk trying to set up a meeting with Dariusz, so we'll have to try to catch them off guard. Our first move should be to find your... contact, Shino. From there he might be able to help us formulated more of a plan."

Sianna quieted down, looking over her husband and daughter, concern clearly playing over her face.

"We also need to decide who will be going. It seems I'm the only one available from our united houses, and Shino seems to have skin in this game, but who else?"
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:26 pm

"Then, with this information from Shino and the others, our path is clear. We must investigate Kraków and Dariusz. There has to be a reason that Dariusz would ally with Rise, and maybe there is some reason that they would break their alliance. We'll need to be careful. I don't think we can risk trying to set up a meeting with Dariusz, so we'll have to try to catch them off guard. Our first move should be to find your... contact, Shino. From there he might be able to help us formulated more of a plan."

Sianna quieted down, looking over her husband and daughter, concern clearly playing over her face.

"We also need to decide who will be going. It seems I'm the only one available from our united houses, and Shino seems to have skin in this game, but who else?"

Eglantine frowned. A trip to Krakow would be incredibly dangerous, and not just for the current obvious reasons. Should Lady Blanchefleur locate her, or should one of her potential allies locate her, she could bring trouble upon everyone. Blanchefleur would hunt her down, and would try to kill everyone else in the process. Yet Lady Sianna did not trust her, and she wanted to gain the Lady’s trust by doing something right. Ugh...maybe if I offer to go she’ll let me out of these shackles...So uncomfortable... she thought grimly. Looking toward Lady Sianna, she answered, “I’d have to go in a good disguise, but if you want my help, I’ll be glad to offer it. Especially if it means we can find the weakest link in Lady Blanchefleur’s chain.”

Rabbit got nervous, hearing that Eglantine had offered to go with Shino. He sensed that morbid dangers awaited Shino and Eglantine in Poland, and if his hypothesis proved true, then the Dariusz would use only the most morbid magic to fight the two girls. Even worse, if she went, then Henry would want to go with her. Yet at the same time, few other people could offer to help, and Rabbit himself was not even healthy enough for reconnaissance. “...Whatever you do, please be careful...We do not wish to lose either of you,” he warned, referring to both Eglantine and Shino.
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:45 am

Henry von Kressel

"Considering that few of us here are available to move freely, it seems I'll have to go on this one. I don't like the idea of leaving Salzburg but the idea of letting their plans go without any disturbance in Krakow isn't one I am friendly with. So, I'll be accompanying Shino and Eglantine. Besides Shino's contact, do you have any information about possible resistance in the city?"

Henry was quick to answer Sianna's idea. Not because he wanted to go, but because he needed to go. Allistor was tired, Rabbit was wounded, Amélie and her father were recovering... They were out of options at that moment and Krakow needed to be investigated.

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:47 am

Luminesa wrote:

Eglantine frowned. A trip to Krakow would be incredibly dangerous, and not just for the current obvious reasons. Should Lady Blanchefleur locate her, or should one of her potential allies locate her, she could bring trouble upon everyone. Blanchefleur would hunt her down, and would try to kill everyone else in the process. Yet Lady Sianna did not trust her, and she wanted to gain the Lady’s trust by doing something right. Ugh...maybe if I offer to go she’ll let me out of these shackles...So uncomfortable... she thought grimly. Looking toward Lady Sianna, she answered, “I’d have to go in a good disguise, but if you want my help, I’ll be glad to offer it. Especially if it means we can find the weakest link in Lady Blanchefleur’s chain.”

Rabbit got nervous, hearing that Eglantine had offered to go with Shino. He sensed that morbid dangers awaited Shino and Eglantine in Poland, and if his hypothesis proved true, then the Dariusz would use only the most morbid magic to fight the two girls. Even worse, if she went, then Henry would want to go with her. Yet at the same time, few other people could offer to help, and Rabbit himself was not even healthy enough for reconnaissance. “...Whatever you do, please be careful...We do not wish to lose either of you,” he warned, referring to both Eglantine and Shino.

"As long as she follows my lead and we manage to keep out of sight, we should be entirely fine. But I don't think I have to doubt her, or Henry's ability to adapt to most situations." Shino smiled in response.

Though, she knew that if the operation went badly, they would have to retreat. If only Meliora had decided to resurface in Estonia, like usual it would've made the situation entirely easier with little to no possible resistance from the Dariusz or Blanchefleur. Unless the latter suddenly designed to take a vacation to the country of Fall.

"I don't really have much intel on the area at all, save for what a regular would know. I just know what Lady Sianna told you, that inquisition members disappeared and weren't seen again.
With Meliora being unaligned, she shouldn't draw too much attention. And I figure she shouldn't do anything too stupid, as flashy and grandiloquent as she is, she wouldn't draw attention without good reason.
That said, if she does, we might want to hurry."

She seemed distraught, unused to the lack of intelligence that was all too present and bit her finger lightly while bringing it up to think some more.

"That said, I do know the city quite well. And I know that my usual hiding spots are still active, if we get spotted by anything or anyone, we'll be able to retreat without much issue.
... Does this castle, or any of our bases have stables?" She added before looking at the picture again, then out of the window.

"... Bugger all, this whole situation isn't to my advantage at all..."

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:44 pm

Serah wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Eglantine frowned. A trip to Krakow would be incredibly dangerous, and not just for the current obvious reasons. Should Lady Blanchefleur locate her, or should one of her potential allies locate her, she could bring trouble upon everyone. Blanchefleur would hunt her down, and would try to kill everyone else in the process. Yet Lady Sianna did not trust her, and she wanted to gain the Lady’s trust by doing something right. Ugh...maybe if I offer to go she’ll let me out of these shackles...So uncomfortable... she thought grimly. Looking toward Lady Sianna, she answered, “I’d have to go in a good disguise, but if you want my help, I’ll be glad to offer it. Especially if it means we can find the weakest link in Lady Blanchefleur’s chain.”

"As long as she follows my lead and we manage to keep out of sight, we should be entirely fine. But I don't think I have to doubt her, or Henry's ability to adapt to most situations." Shino smiled in response.

Though, she knew that if the operation went badly, they would have to retreat. If only Meliora had decided to resurface in Estonia, like usual it would've made the situation entirely easier with little to no possible resistance from the Dariusz or Blanchefleur. Unless the latter suddenly designed to take a vacation to the country of Fall.

"I don't really have much intel on the area at all, save for what a regular would know. I just know what Lady Sianna told you, that inquisition members disappeared and weren't seen again.
With Meliora being unaligned, she shouldn't draw too much attention. And I figure she shouldn't do anything too stupid, as flashy and grandiloquent as she is, she wouldn't draw attention without good reason.

She seemed distraught, unused to the lack of intelligence that was all too present and bit her finger lightly while bringing it up to think some more.

"That said, I do know the city quite well. And I know that my usual hiding spots are still active, if we get spotted by anything or anyone, we'll be able to retreat without much issue.
... Does this castle, or any of our bases have stables?" She added before looking at the picture again, then out of the window.

Henry von Kressel

"... Hellbrunn lacks stables if I recall correctly, but I can get a horse, yes. Don't know why you would need a horse to be honest, but I used to ride horses as a hobbie when I was younger, before I went to Mana. So, we will need a horse, definitely some guns in case we fight normal humans, and certainly some disguises. Other than that, anything to add to our shopping list?"

While he was talking, Henry noticed something... different. Manfred kept looking at him, like he wanted to say something, but didn't know if he should say it there or in private. As he waited for the meeting to come to a conclusion, he started to think about the fact that eventually, he would nee to confront his father...

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:44 pm

Sianna AlermiciPOTATO
POTATO
POTATO
Sianna didn't really expect any others, she couldn't really. Their injuries were to grave, and even if Allistor had volunteered, he or some one else would need to stay behind with the injured. Sianna certainly didn't trust the other Von Kressels to guard over Rabbit, and what ever he was he deserved a safe recovery. Amélie and Anthony might be able to fight, but they would be severely weakened by their injuries. Even in the manor they would be vulnerable. Hopefully Allistor would be enough to dissuade an assualt, that and the secrecy of the mission. They couldn't let it be known that they were going to Krakow, especially with Dariusz working with Rise. Hopefully that wasn't the case, or if it was that Dariusz could be bought off. POTATO

"Well then, looks like we're taking a road trip East. I doubt we'll be able to hide from any of Dariusz agents if we meet them, but if we can stay hidden long enough to meet with Shino's contact, they might be able to give us enough information to make this work. I don't like the idea of trying to attack or interfere with Dariusz in their home, especially with the reputation of Krakow. If we can't meet peacefully, we'll leave the city as fast as we can. There's always the chance that we'll have to worry about Rise actions else where. I'd say we can't waste more than a week if this doesn't pan out. Any one else have anything else to say about this? I'd like to leave tomorrow, as short as that leaves us on actually time to plan."POTATO
Last edited by Chrome Legion on Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:27 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Serah wrote:

Henry von Kressel

"... Hellbrunn lacks stables if I recall correctly, but I can get a horse, yes. Don't know why you would need a horse to be honest, but I used to ride horses as a hobbie when I was younger, before I went to Mana. So, we will need a horse, definitely some guns in case we fight normal humans, and certainly some disguises. Other than that, anything to add to our shopping list?"

While he was talking, Henry noticed something... different. Manfred kept looking at him, like he wanted to say something, but didn't know if he should say it there or in private. As he waited for the meeting to come to a conclusion, he started to think about the fact that eventually, he would nee to confront his father...

The spy shook her head slightly, still looking out of the window, then turned to the group for a second.

"It's not for us, at least not entirely. It's for Meliora's horse, which we will need to house. It's not magical in nature, but it is used to Meliora's antics and fighting style.
And if she's still as I remember her... Her bond with said horse is so strong that there is a strong chance she won't be able to be mentally stable without it. That isn't to say she can't. She just has to know that it's alive and well." Shino explained biting her finger once again as she turned back.

"I'll probably have other contacts showing up once they learn that Meliora has joined either side. If we fail to secure her, we will need to secure the next one." She sighed, and turned around.

"But that's not a good line of thought.
The snippets of plans you went for is interesting, but that's implying we meet resistance. In such a case, I'd recommend bringing pistols or carbine rifles at the worst, assuming either of you are good enough shots with them.
As for the escape vehicle, I will likely have a boat lined up, or bikes. Running out of the middle of a city on horses will definitely get noticed, bikes, while we'll be going fast will be a little bit easier to pass off as a simple car chase." Shino continued, reminding herself of the layout of the city.
"The horse will join up later, the simply fact that the horse is non magical makes hard to track down."

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:31 pm

Sianna Alermici

"I doubt our abilities to stay hidden in Krakow. Others have tried. If your contact is there then Dariusz knows she is there. This is not a safe place for us. You all need to know that before we commit to this. Yet, our only advantage over the Rise is their isolation. If they've made allies we need to cut them off, keep them alone."

Sianna gave Shino an odd look, as if she had just said something in a strange unknown language.

"There will be stables here if we wish them to be. This is our home. As for mundane weapons, bring what ever you wish, as long as it won't get us caught up in customs." Amélie rolled her eyes at her mother, knowing more than enough about her mothers out dated thoughts on fire arms.

Sianna rushed their departure, not wanting to give anytime for them the to be detected as they made their way East. The group of mages ended up oddly crammed into a G-class SUV as they made their way down Italy's A-4 road. Sianna expected each of them to have enough money for necessities, they only things she packed for herself being her purse, and the long silver rod that was her staff. Magic and cash had been the way that the noble houses of Europe had gotten along for the last Century, and Sianna was relying on them to work now. Calls were made on the road, and it was easy enough for her to find the group a Suite to rend for the next few nights. Now the question remained. Would they find they're target first, or would they be found by Dariusz?

Adikia

Adikia had simply watched Nym as he had worked with his constructs. Every now and then she woudl poke at his works, challenging him to either keep them stable, or showing him new ways of forming them. But eventually, as Annie moved further away in her own quest, Adi knew she would need to leave home. Black serperpents swarmed out of Adi's skirt, wrapping around the both of them.

"Annie has gone to far away. I can't stay with her here. We are going to her. Stay still."

At the same time the serpent around Annie fell off of her, writhing around as the magic toke hold of it. It's body formed a cirlcle as the fanged mouth clamped down on it's own tail, forming the circle for Adikia's teleportation to it. Normaly she woud just let go, she would simply become the fragment that she had sent forward. This time though, she needed to bring another. Nym was pulled through the tunnel of serpents , while Adikia was the path. As Adi and then Nym appeared, the first thing Adikia saw was Ruxandra. With a single word Adi moved to her and Embrased her.

"Sister."
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Frisct the II
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Frisct the II » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:42 pm

"I doubt our abilities to stay hidden in Krakow. Others have tried. If your contact is there then Dariusz knows she is there. This is not a safe place for us. You all need to know that before we commit to this. Yet, our only advantage over the Rise is their isolation. If they've made allies we need to cut them off, keep them alone."

Sianna gave Shino an odd look, as if she had just said something in a strange unknown language.

"There will be stables here if we wish them to be. This is our home. As for mundane weapons, bring what ever you wish, as long as it won't get us caught up in customs." Amélie rolled her eyes at her mother, knowing more than enough about her mothers out dated thoughts on fire arms.

Sianna rushed their departure, not wanting to give anytime for them the to be detected as they made their way East. The group of mages ended up oddly crammed into a G-class SUV as they made their way down Italy's A-4 road. Sianna expected each of them to have enough money for necessities, they only things she packed for herself being her purse, and the long silver rod that was her staff. Magic and cash had been the way that the noble houses of Europe had gotten along for the last Century, and Sianna was relying on them to work now. Calls were made on the road, and it was easy enough for her to find the group a Suite to rend for the next few nights. Now the question remained. Would they find they're target first, or would they be found by Dariusz?

Adikia

Adikia had simply watched Nym as he had worked with his constructs. Every now and then she woudl poke at his works, challenging him to either keep them stable, or showing him new ways of forming them. But eventually, as Annie moved further away in her own quest, Adi knew she would need to leave home. Black serperpents swarmed out of Adi's skirt, wrapping around the both of them.

"Annie has gone to far away. I can't stay with her here. We are going to her. Stay still."

At the same time the serpent around Annie fell off of her, writhing around as the magic toke hold of it. It's body formed a cirlcle as the fanged mouth clamped down on it's own tail, forming the circle for Adikia's teleportation to it. Normaly she woud just let go, she would simply become the fragment that she had sent forward. This time though, she needed to bring another. Nym was pulled through the tunnel of serpents , while Adikia was the path. As Adi and then Nym appeared, the first thing Adikia saw was Ruxandra. With a single word Adi moved to her and Embrased her.

"Sister."

Nym was happy at Adikia's words. He didn't like being separated from either of them for too long, but he would probably have to learn to deal with that at some point in the future. He was now unsurprised by the teleportation since he had seen all the other things that Adikia could do. He himself possessed a few abnormal abilities which he decided he should look into later.

Upon arriving to their destination and saw Annie standing there. Adikia ran up and embraced her, and Nym, from the side, did the same. They formed a little triangle where they were. "We're here Annie!"

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:21 am

Frisct the II wrote:

Adikia

"Sister."

Nym was happy at Adikia's words. He didn't like being separated from either of them for too long, but he would probably have to learn to deal with that at some point in the future. He was now unsurprised by the teleportation since he had seen all the other things that Adikia could do. He himself possessed a few abnormal abilities which he decided he should look into later.

Upon arriving to their destination and saw Annie standing there. Adikia ran up and embraced her, and Nym, from the side, did the same. They formed a little triangle where they were. "We're here Annie!"

Ruxandra had continued traveling in silence, searching for any traces of the party's Mana. She knew that a chance existed that they had left her far behind, and walking on foot without any sort of trace or clue was not exactly a wise choice. Fortunately for her, she would not have to walk all the way back home to see her sister and their new guest. As the girl let out a soft sigh and turned to look behind her, she was immediately assailed by both Adikia and Nym giving her tight hugs. She was surprised, until she remembered that Adikia could travel as well as she could. "Adi! And Nym!" she exclaimed, surprised.

She hugged them back, glad that the sensation of isolation around her had now dissipated. "...I am so sorry I have taken so long...it appears that I have lost the target...and I have not gotten you the food you need! How utterly forgetful of me," she apologized. She then let go of them and looked around the town. Plenty of people surrounded them, and there were quite a few sources of food. "...Perhaps while we are here, we can still introduce Nym to more of the world?...Unless, of course, you have another reason for coming to see me," she continued, questioning Adikia as she spoke.
Last edited by Luminesa on Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:17 am

Adikia

"Sister."

In Lady Sianna's Home

"It's all we can do," Eglantine answered, with a shrug, "at this point, putting ourselves in danger is the only way we're going to get any information. We just need to hold up the masquerade as long as we can." She herself had no plans specifically, but she did have enough money to buy any supplies she needed. She did not know any Polish, so speaking to shopkeepers to try and buy clothing would be a bit of a chore most likely. With any hope, however, she and her party could still find ways to keep Dariusz off their tail. Hearing that they possibly already knew about Shino's agent did not give anyone any hope, either. "Hopefully they won't be waiting for us right at the gate," she added, "otherwise we better plan a battle strategy before we get to Poland."

Moments later, she and the rest of the fighting party got packed into yet another travel vehicle. Just the thought of riding to another foreign country, without even getting to rest for a few minutes, exhausted Eglantine. She almost envied Rabbit for being able to remain behind. Part of her even planned to try and sleep on the ride to their next destination. If she could not get some rest, after all, her physical exhaustion would begin to affect her Magic. And now of all times, she needed her Magic to be at peak form, especially if her group managed to stumble into Blanchefleur.

In the mansion, Rabbit watched as Lady Sianna rushed everyone out, and barely got a "goodbye" out as Henry and Eglantine left. When the door closed behind the travelers, he exhaled slowly. The swift silence was a bit of a shock. The house around him did not have the same comfort or safety as Salzburg, and so he almost felt as though he had been abandoned in a strange place. He was fortunate to have Allistor with him, a familiar face who was willing to care for him. He turned and looked up at him, and chuckled. "It seems we have been left the temporary men of the house! Perhaps I may also be allowed to lay in bed now. Can you please wheel me back to my room?..." He paused for a moment, and the joviality in his voice faded into thoughtfulness. "...Also...may I speak to you, once we get there?" He recalled his conversation with Aloysus, which now felt as though it had occurred years ago, and he watched Allistor's face as he spoke to him now. He could read into the exhaustion and restlessness behind his blank, soldierly expression, and studied him to try and find the source. He had an idea of what he was holding back in his heart, and wanted to literally break through the ice inside.

En Route to Poland

The road was bumpy, and everyone was crammed within the new travel vehicle. Eglantine was squished between Henry and another Mage, and could not even get comfortable to try and sleep. For a few moments, she tried to put her head on Henry's shoulder and to try and relax, but all of the jumps and gravel on the road seemed to correspond more to a gritty garage solo than a rollicking lullaby. All of her stresses were exacerbated, and she twitched frustratedly as she sat back up straight. Hngh...good thing I dressed comfortably to go to Russia in the first place...woman didn't even let me change clothes, and I'm still in chains... Her Demeritium shackles were still on her body, and so her body felt even more shuttered. Trying to distract herself, she questioned anyone who would listen, "Soooooo...do we have any plans for Poland?...I mean, are we just rushing into the bullpen without even a cape?"
-Alan Jackson

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse