NATION

PASSWORD

Mana Chronicles: The Tournament War (IC: Modern Fantasy)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:57 pm

Chrome Legion wrote:Król Dariusz

A crystaline powder fell from between the knuckles in Król's hand. The Abomination bound to Głód had gone to far in it's consumption, and both would be rendered to the abyss for it. It was the expected outcome. There wasn't time to think back on it now. Głód had his chance more than two centuries ago. For a moment, Król couldn't resist. His mind drifted into the sea of his memories. It was odd just how clearly an undead mind preserved such things, and the imagery of centuries past was clear as present. Or, perhaps the present was just as blurred. More dour, but with out any trace of the anger that had tinged his words in the past.

"Are you to let them flee? I have done my work, come let us see that Rise brutality. Chase down and destroy these fools."

Lady Blanchefleur

"Let them cower and plan in fear. What loss will that be for us?" Blanchefleur turned a bored eye to Krol, as she watched the sand in his hands, and the undead glimmer in his eyes as he thought on the past. Glod had been bound to him for so long, and Krol almost seemed to afraid of what might come next. "If I kill them now, what cruelty is that?...Any good predator knows that sometimes, you have to play with your prey, until it's finally unable to do anything except stand and wait for the end. Like a cat with a mouse. The cat doesn't merely chase the mouse, after all. Sometimes it does catch it. And it lets it go, only to catch it again later. And so will it be with us. We will let them live, only to catch them again later. Besides...they did manage to defeat Glod, did they not?" She shrugged lightly, as she did not consider his death as heavily as Krol. "Perhaps fighting them will relieve my boredom. It gets uninteresting to simply fight the same pathetic insects over and over. You understand, I'm sure?"

Rabbit

Rabbit's eyes widened just slightly, as he eyed Lord Gramont and Amelie. Both had been only lightly-wounded by Glod, but their own wounds were still bleeding, and they were also inflamed. Even worse, that inflammation was spreading around their bodies. He looked down at his own arm for just a moment. Borrowing Allistor's Mana had helped him accelerate the healing process, and while his arm was still precariously dangling from his shoulder, now basically useless, the inflammation was kept to a minimum. Nevertheless, he still worried. This is...some sort of ungodly infection...since it was given by Glod, I can only imagine...what the final stages of this disease would pertain... He turned back to Amelie when she spoke to him, and he nodded slowly. "...O-Of course..." He cursed himself, however, for allowing himself to get so badly wounded and to become unable to heal his comrades. "...Please...be careful yourself...S-Some sort of...infection..."
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:08 pm

Chrome Legion wrote:Anthony Gramont

"You believe that the Rise care so much about summoned creatures that they would end the fight here? We still haven't faced one of their mages. Doesn't look like we have any quicker why out of here than on foot either. I should be able to get ahold of a helicopter once we get back to town, or at least the our personal vehicles, but until then the Rise have plenty of time to muster up another attack. Also, as much as the road might make us more open to attack, making our own path through the Forrest seems just as bad of an idea."

Silent for a moment, Anthony kneeled to more carefully examine Amélie's back. The monster had broken through Amélie's prepared, skin tight armor, but that had stopped it from doing more damage. The cuts truely weren't deep, but they seemed... wrong some how. The edges of the cuts were bleeding still, and the wounds already looked like they were inflamed. Already some kind of redness was spreading, bridging the gaps between the strikes. Carefully, Anthony pulled back at his own shirt, and found the same with the monster's bite.

"These look bad. We'll need to make sure we have a suitable healer give them a thorough look. Let me know if anything changes. Don't try to play tough and ignore it. There's something more to these wounds."

Amélie nodded in response, before turning and speaking up. "Hey, that goes for you to Rabbit. Keep an eye on that arm. Or, well, what's left of it." Diplomacy was not Amélie's strongest suit.

Lady Sarah Von Kressel

"They don't care about their monsters, but creating them costs their energy. This is the first battle with more forces they faced, wasting too much effort here might be a mistake they are not willing to do, specially given the numbers. If we faced one of their mages here, and won, they would feel the loss of one of their tools, and they don't have that many to waste.

We need to go by the road. Yes, it is open, but this disadvantage forces them to confront us directly, without ambushes, and we can go faster than we would go by traveling through the forest. Now, these infections... They are worrying me. We need to go, now, and stop by your house in Italy to check it, Austria is too far away from here. Now, we really need to go before Blanchefleur decides to do a second attack, and let's be honest: We can't deal with that in the state we are now."
Nothing to see here, move along.

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:05 pm

Russia, the next morning...
Henry Von Kressel

The cold morning of Russia brought a renewed spirit to Henry. He still disliked the country - not as Mercillia disliked it, of course - but his objective coming here was complete. He secured an alliance with the Abramovs, and now it was the time to make some details right before he went back to Austria. However... Henry still thought about what happened to Eglantine in the previous night.

Waking up early, Henry dressed himself again, leaving the suit's jacket behind and rolling the sleeves of his shirt up to his elbows before he went to the kitchen. With the permission of the servants - an habit he acquired seeing how Sebastian watched over his kitchen - he started to do some tea, before pouring it in a cup. Keeping the contents hot using his mana, he walked into Eglantine's room slowly, putting the cup of tea on the bed table.

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty. The tea is for you, good for hangovers, learned to do it for Vladimir... I know that you want to eat now, but you might just vomit it. We need to talk with the Abramovs before we leave, but before that, I need to talk with you. Vladimir and Sarah always told me that before you worry about the mind of your ally, you need to worry about their heart. Reason isn't enough, emotion is right there at the side.

Why am I saying that? I saw you drinking in Barcelona and you handled it pretty well. Something happened with you yesterday, don't try to deny it. Now, I am here because I am worried about what you are feeling right now. Want to talk about it?"

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:20 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:Russia, the next morning...
Henry Von Kressel

The cold morning of Russia brought a renewed spirit to Henry. He still disliked the country - not as Mercillia disliked it, of course - but his objective coming here was complete. He secured an alliance with the Abramovs, and now it was the time to make some details right before he went back to Austria. However... Henry still thought about what happened to Eglantine in the previous night.

Waking up early, Henry dressed himself again, leaving the suit's jacket behind and rolling the sleeves of his shirt up to his elbows before he went to the kitchen. With the permission of the servants - an habit he acquired seeing how Sebastian watched over his kitchen - he started to do some tea, before pouring it in a cup. Keeping the contents hot using his mana, he walked into Eglantine's room slowly, putting the cup of tea on the bed table.

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty. The tea is for you, good for hangovers, learned to do it for Vladimir... I know that you want to eat now, but you might just vomit it. We need to talk with the Abramovs before we leave, but before that, I need to talk with you. Vladimir and Sarah always told me that before you worry about the mind of your ally, you need to worry about their heart. Reason isn't enough, emotion is right there at the side.

Why am I saying that? I saw you drinking in Barcelona and you handled it pretty well. Something happened with you yesterday, don't try to deny it. Now, I am here because I am worried about what you are feeling right now. Want to talk about it?"

Eglantine woke-up the next morning, wrapped messily in her sheets with her hair sprawled around her pillow. If one of the Abramovs walked in to awaken her, she would look quite undignified and unprepared. She had not changed out of her clothes from the previous night either, this when she creaked her eyes open, she felt sweaty and dirty. Her head also pounded, and the sunlight peering through a nearby window caused her to groan. Idiot. You got hungover at the mansion of a foreign dignitary like a slob, what are you going to say when they send for you to come to breakfast? she thought. As she was thinking, the bedroom door slowly began to open, and she feared for the worst.

Rather than one of the servants, however, Henry himself graced her presence, holding a cup of tea that he had carefully kept hot for her. Eglantine gave a weak half-smile, and then rolled herself up to a sitting position, sit wrapped mostly in the blankets. She reached out from the blankets to graciously take the cup of tea, and sipped it carefully. It nearly burned her tongue, but the scent soothed her aching body somewhat while the heat perked her body a little. She smiled and nodded to him, as he explained that he had done this for his uncle before, when he was drunk.

Yet Henry had also come to talk to her about why she had gotten drunk in the first place. Eglantine groaned slightly, and took another sip of the tea. “...You have to ask this first thing I wake up?” she mumbled incoherently. She then stared up at him, frowning as she tried to gather herself. All she wanted was a shower, and then to get into comfortable clothes. Then she wanted to sleep, but she was not going to get that. “...Can I...shower and change first?...Might help...and keep the tea hot while you’re here...” She clumsily climbed out the bed, groaning as she felt dizzy and grumpy. “...Ugh...where are my clothes...my suitcase...” She began to fumble around the room looking for her suitcase.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:19 am

Luminesa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:Russia, the next morning...
Henry Von Kressel

Eglantine woke-up the next morning, wrapped messily in her sheets with her hair sprawled around her pillow. If one of the Abramovs walked in to awaken her, she would look quite undignified and unprepared. She had not changed out of her clothes from the previous night either, this when she creaked her eyes open, she felt sweaty and dirty. Her head also pounded, and the sunlight peering through a nearby window caused her to groan. Idiot. You got hungover at the mansion of a foreign dignitary like a slob, what are you going to say when they send for you to come to breakfast? she thought. As she was thinking, the bedroom door slowly began to open, and she feared for the worst.

Rather than one of the servants, however, Henry himself graced her presence, holding a cup of tea that he had carefully kept hot for her. Eglantine gave a weak half-smile, and then rolled herself up to a sitting position, sit wrapped mostly in the blankets. She reached out from the blankets to graciously take the cup of tea, and sipped it carefully. It nearly burned her tongue, but the scent soothed her aching body somewhat while the heat perked her body a little. She smiled and nodded to him, as he explained that he had done this for his uncle before, when he was drunk.

Yet Henry had also come to talk to her about why she had gotten drunk in the first place. Eglantine groaned slightly, and took another sip of the tea. “...You have to ask this first thing I wake up?” she mumbled incoherently. She then stared up at him, frowning as she tried to gather herself. All she wanted was a shower, and then to get into comfortable clothes. Then she wanted to sleep, but she was not going to get that. “...Can I...shower and change first?...Might help...and keep the tea hot while you’re here...” She clumsily climbed out the bed, groaning as she felt dizzy and grumpy. “...Ugh...where are my clothes...my suitcase...” She began to fumble around the room looking for her suitcase.

Henry Von Kressel

"Alright, fair enough. I suppose you don't need help taking a shower or finding your clothes. Your suitcase is actually by your side, on the ground if I'm not mistaken."

Soon as he said that, Henry picked up the cup of tea and sat on a chair in the room, awaiting for Eglantine to come out of the bathroom, ready to talk. There was something funny about that: Even when she was recovering from the use of alcohol, Eglantine kept a sassy way of speaking and acting.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:47 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Eglantine woke-up the next morning, wrapped messily in her sheets with her hair sprawled around her pillow. If one of the Abramovs walked in to awaken her, she would look quite undignified and unprepared. She had not changed out of her clothes from the previous night either, this when she creaked her eyes open, she felt sweaty and dirty. Her head also pounded, and the sunlight peering through a nearby window caused her to groan. Idiot. You got hungover at the mansion of a foreign dignitary like a slob, what are you going to say when they send for you to come to breakfast? she thought. As she was thinking, the bedroom door slowly began to open, and she feared for the worst.

Henry Von Kressel

"Alright, fair enough. I suppose you don't need help taking a shower or finding your clothes. Your suitcase is actually by your side, on the ground if I'm not mistaken."

Soon as he said that, Henry picked up the cup of tea and sat on a chair in the room, awaiting for Eglantine to come out of the bathroom, ready to talk. There was something funny about that: Even when she was recovering from the use of alcohol, Eglantine kept a sassy way of speaking and acting.

Eglantine fumbled for her suitcase, and found something to wear. Her pulsating headache kept her from knowing what quite she had picked, but she decided it was passable anyway and hurried to the shower. The hot water in the shower instantly made her head feel a little better, and her body did not feel so dirty. Eglantine wished she could stay in the shower forever, but she knew Henry was waiting and probably did not want to be kept waiting. ...Everything in Russia is so cold...the one time I can get warm I have to hurry and get out... she complained internally.

Thus, she finished in about ten minutes, dried herself and her hair, and then got dressed. She also brushed her teeth, as her breath reeked of spent alcohol. Ugh...Henry probably thinks I’m a pig...Lord Abramov probably would too... she thought. When she finished, and walked out the bathroom, she was dressed in a black velvet sweater, blue jeans, and black knee-high boots. She knew they would have to head back to Austria soon, and thus was dressed to travel.

“...Hngh...alright...you wanted me to...tell you about last night, huh?” She asked, and she walked toward him and sat down on the bed. “...Yeah...I dunno what you want to know. Why I got drunk?...Not sure why you’re worried about it, it’s not the first time it’s happened...You can do that sort of thing when you live alone, you know...” she grumbled, with a slight grin. “...Drank half a bottle of champagne all by myself when I first got my apartment...nobody else there to celebrate after all...Just...kinda was the right mood for it, huh?...Sometimes it just happens. Usually I can hold my alcohol, I guess the Russian wine is stronger than what I usually drink...You know how Russians are about their alcohol, after all...”
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:10 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Henry Von Kressel

Eglantine fumbled for her suitcase, and found something to wear. Her pulsating headache kept her from knowing what quite she had picked, but she decided it was passable anyway and hurried to the shower. The hot water in the shower instantly made her head feel a little better, and her body did not feel so dirty. Eglantine wished she could stay in the shower forever, but she knew Henry was waiting and probably did not want to be kept waiting. ...Everything in Russia is so cold...the one time I can get warm I have to hurry and get out... she complained internally.

Thus, she finished in about ten minutes, dried herself and her hair, and then got dressed. She also brushed her teeth, as her breath reeked of spent alcohol. Ugh...Henry probably thinks I’m a pig...Lord Abramov probably would too... she thought. When she finished, and walked out the bathroom, she was dressed in a black velvet sweater, blue jeans, and black knee-high boots. She knew they would have to head back to Austria soon, and thus was dressed to travel.

“...Hngh...alright...you wanted me to...tell you about last night, huh?” She asked, and she walked toward him and sat down on the bed. “...Yeah...I dunno what you want to know. Why I got drunk?...Not sure why you’re worried about it, it’s not the first time it’s happened...You can do that sort of thing when you live alone, you know...” she grumbled, with a slight grin. “...Drank half a bottle of champagne all by myself when I first got my apartment...nobody else there to celebrate after all...Just...kinda was the right mood for it, huh?...Sometimes it just happens. Usually I can hold my alcohol, I guess the Russian wine is stronger than what I usually drink...You know how Russians are about their alcohol, after all...”

Henry Von Kressel

Henry's yellow eyes looked at Eglantine with a certain expression that showed disbelief. This, and the fact he remembered that she lived alone for years, and built a fortress around herself. So knowing what truly happened required a less subtle approach from Henry, who usually carried himself like a gentleman, avoiding any kind of intrusiveness.

"You know what I want to know yet you pretend you don't. Eglantine, I will be honest with you but I expect you to be honest with me. See this story about your apartment? I think you missed your family. Your mother. Your father. The feeling of having someone to sit down with, talk about what happened... Simple things. Do you honestly think that I'll say 'oh, she got drunk' after I saw your collection of bottles back at Barcelona?

I said I would be honest, and I will do it. I think that you saw the Abramovs and that went under these big walls you built around yourself. And then you drank, to see if the feeling would go away after the third glass. Third became fourth, fourth became fifth... And before you knew, you were drunk. Wanna know more? I was worried about you. I won't deny you are a strong woman, but that doesn't mean you have to deny the fact that you miss people that will stick by your side sometimes. That's normal.

Why am I telling you this? 'Before the mind, worry with the heart'. Sarah said that to me once when I was reading compulsively trying to understand people through pure rationality: Why they did what they did, that kind of thing. From that day until now I tried to put that in practice. With Allistor, with Soleil, every single person I know and care about. Now, I said all that to yourself in the hope you will be honest with me. I won't abandon you or stop helping you, but I am not about to say I am not going to get mad, because I will. So, Eglantine, seize this opportunity to speak freely about what really happened inside your mind last night, because I know it wasn't just the Russian wine."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:56 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Eglantine fumbled for her suitcase, and found something to wear. Her pulsating headache kept her from knowing what quite she had picked, but she decided it was passable anyway and hurried to the shower. The hot water in the shower instantly made her head feel a little better, and her body did not feel so dirty. Eglantine wished she could stay in the shower forever, but she knew Henry was waiting and probably did not want to be kept waiting. ...Everything in Russia is so cold...the one time I can get warm I have to hurry and get out... she complained internally.

Henry Von Kressel

Henry's yellow eyes looked at Eglantine with a certain expression that showed disbelief. This, and the fact he remembered that she lived alone for years, and built a fortress around herself. So knowing what truly happened required a less subtle approach from Henry, who usually carried himself like a gentleman, avoiding any kind of intrusiveness.

"You know what I want to know yet you pretend you don't. Eglantine, I will be honest with you but I expect you to be honest with me. See this story about your apartment? I think you missed your family. Your mother. Your father. The feeling of having someone to sit down with, talk about what happened... Simple things. Do you honestly think that I'll say 'oh, she got drunk' after I saw your collection of bottles back at Barcelona?

I said I would be honest, and I will do it. I think that you saw the Abramovs and that went under these big walls you built around yourself. And then you drank, to see if the feeling would go away after the third glass. Third became fourth, fourth became fifth... And before you knew, you were drunk. Wanna know more? I was worried about you. I won't deny you are a strong woman, but that doesn't mean you have to deny the fact that you miss people that will stick by your side sometimes. That's normal.

Why am I telling you this? 'Before the mind, worry with the heart'. Sarah said that to me once when I was reading compulsively trying to understand people through pure rationality: Why they did what they did, that kind of thing. From that day until now I tried to put that in practice. With Allistor, with Soleil, every single person I know and care about. Now, I said all that to yourself in the hope you will be honest with me. I won't abandon you or stop helping you, but I am not about to say I am not going to get mad, because I will. So, Eglantine, seize this opportunity to speak freely about what really happened inside your mind last night, because I know it wasn't just the Russian wine."

Eglantine frowned, and looked away. She took a deep breath, and the silence seemed frozen between the two young Mages for a few moments. She swung her feet a little, back and forth, as though she was thinking about what she wanted to say next. After a few moments, she looked toward the window, through which the morning light was now glistening. “...Alright, you got me...I guess it’s hard to believe they’re dead...just like that...I ran away to get my own life, and I was happy...except then I started wondering...if my mom and dad actually loved me, deep down...now I’ll never know...and I guess...I was jealous of Lord Abramov and his sister...I’ve never been that close to anyone in my family...”

She lowered her voice as she trailed-off, and when she continued she barely spoke above a whisper. “...I’ve never had someone hold my hand and...reassure me about anything...I’ve always had to take care of myself...I thought it would...make me stronger...and for a while it did...but you can’t just live your whole life relying on yourself...can you?...” She turned and stared toward Henry, as though she wanted his affirmation.
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:09 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Henry Von Kressel

Eglantine frowned, and looked away. She took a deep breath, and the silence seemed frozen between the two young Mages for a few moments. She swung her feet a little, back and forth, as though she was thinking about what she wanted to say next. After a few moments, she looked toward the window, through which the morning light was now glistening. “...Alright, you got me...I guess it’s hard to believe they’re dead...just like that...I ran away to get my own life, and I was happy...except then I started wondering...if my mom and dad actually loved me, deep down...now I’ll never know...and I guess...I was jealous of Lord Abramov and his sister...I’ve never been that close to anyone in my family...”

She lowered her voice as she trailed-off, and when she continued she barely spoke above a whisper. “...I’ve never had someone hold my hand and...reassure me about anything...I’ve always had to take care of myself...I thought it would...make me stronger...and for a while it did...but you can’t just live your whole life relying on yourself...can you?...” She turned and stared toward Henry, as though she wanted his affirmation.

Henry Von Kressel

Happiness and sadness. Two opposite feelings that mixed. Happiness because having the reason about his suspicions always brought him a good sensation, that brought back to his mind that his talent of reading people was still sharp. However, he was sad... Because he was right. Eglantine felt alone: Her parents were dead, and the rest of her family wasn't going to greet her nicely. Then, he decided to do something he wouldn't do. Instead of going through the path of reason, one he knew well, he went through the path of his emotions. Holding her hand, he stared at her face with a less serious face, but one that carried a tone of truth with it.

"No, you can't. But now you have someone holding your hand, right? What do you think I am going to do after this war ends? Leave you back, and that's it? I am certain that some men in Spain would be happy with that, but I don't plan on doing it. You are not here because you are some pretty girl I found for stress relief while I deal with political matters. You are here because I trust you and because I admire you.

I trust you because you gave me no reason to be suspicious of you. Simple as that. But my admiration is far more complex. You built a life for yourself, never gave up on who you are even if that meant an absurd level of sassiness included. This, this is what few people manage to accomplish. Of course, you are pretty, but it takes more than that. I am 100% certain that Spain is missing your beauty and that same probability applies to people missing you as their friend. This, this is hard to accomplish too, you know.

See, you can be sad for your parents, that's normal. But you can also see the people that admire you. Me, Rabbit, Sarah, Sebastian... Soleil will be absolutely astonished by you, you know that. You grew stronger by taking care of yourself, yes, but... You don't need to do that anymore. You have me, you have us."

Suddenly, the focus of his eyes changed to her mouth... And then he kissed her. Even if they weren't in Henry's house, there was no rush. Maybe that actually gave him a sense of peace, like there was no need to rush when he was away from the curious eyes that always observed him in his homeland.

"I just hope that you understand that I am here not just as an ally. I am here to hear you too. And if I have to kiss you a thousand times to make sure you understand that, then I will do it two thousand times just to make sure. Alright?"

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:41 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Eglantine frowned, and looked away. She took a deep breath, and the silence seemed frozen between the two young Mages for a few moments. She swung her feet a little, back and forth, as though she was thinking about what she wanted to say next. After a few moments, she looked toward the window, through which the morning light was now glistening. “...Alright, you got me...I guess it’s hard to believe they’re dead...just like that...I ran away to get my own life, and I was happy...except then I started wondering...if my mom and dad actually loved me, deep down...now I’ll never know...and I guess...I was jealous of Lord Abramov and his sister...I’ve never been that close to anyone in my family...”

Henry Von Kressel

Happiness and sadness. Two opposite feelings that mixed. Happiness because having the reason about his suspicions always brought him a good sensation, that brought back to his mind that his talent of reading people was still sharp. However, he was sad... Because he was right. Eglantine felt alone: Her parents were dead, and the rest of her family wasn't going to greet her nicely. Then, he decided to do something he wouldn't do. Instead of going through the path of reason, one he knew well, he went through the path of his emotions. Holding her hand, he stared at her face with a less serious face, but one that carried a tone of truth with it.

"No, you can't. But now you have someone holding your hand, right? What do you think I am going to do after this war ends? Leave you back, and that's it? I am certain that some men in Spain would be happy with that, but I don't plan on doing it. You are not here because you are some pretty girl I found for stress relief while I deal with political matters. You are here because I trust you and because I admire you.

I trust you because you gave me no reason to be suspicious of you. Simple as that. But my admiration is far more complex. You built a life for yourself, never gave up on who you are even if that meant an absurd level of sassiness included. This, this is what few people manage to accomplish. Of course, you are pretty, but it takes more than that. I am 100% certain that Spain is missing your beauty and that same probability applies to people missing you as their friend. This, this is hard to accomplish too, you know.

See, you can be sad for your parents, that's normal. But you can also see the people that admire you. Me, Rabbit, Sarah, Sebastian... Soleil will be absolutely astonished by you, you know that. You grew stronger by taking care of yourself, yes, but... You don't need to do that anymore. You have me, you have us."

Suddenly, the focus of his eyes changed to her mouth... And then he kissed her. Even if they weren't in Henry's house, there was no rush. Maybe that actually gave him a sense of peace, like there was no need to rush when he was away from the curious eyes that always observed him in his homeland.

"I just hope that you understand that I am here not just as an ally. I am here to hear you too. And if I have to kiss you a thousand times to make sure you understand that, then I will do it two thousand times just to make sure. Alright?"

Eglantine wanted to argue with him. She wanted to tell him that he did not have to make himself her girlfriend so soon, that he did not have to go overboard with all of the compliments. She almost found it a bit cheesy, though charming. Yet when he kissed her, something clicked. Her aching body and her pounding head suddenly became distant sensations. She forgot about her worries for a few moments. The disgruntled expression on her face melted away, replaced with surprise, and then serenity. This was supposed to be one of those nice, romantic things people only did in movies. A long, slow kiss and a promise of devotion.

When he finished, she blinked, and the cynical worldliness that generally marked her face seemed to disappear. Yet she shook her head vigorously. “...You...you don’t have to kiss me that many times...I-I don’t think we would get any business done if we spent the whole day kissing...” She giggled nervously, but when she thought about it, she would have rathered that he kiss her a thousand more times, instead of going back to France and dealing with the war. Yet then Blanchefleur would simply take over their lives, and then she would have no chance of happiness. “...But...thank you...” she mumbled, her eyes darting toward the floor as she spoke. She then looked around and found her dark-blue jacket, and threw it on, as though she was signaling that she was ready to go.
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:24 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Henry Von Kressel

Eglantine wanted to argue with him. She wanted to tell him that he did not have to make himself her girlfriend so soon, that he did not have to go overboard with all of the compliments. She almost found it a bit cheesy, though charming. Yet when he kissed her, something clicked. Her aching body and her pounding head suddenly became distant sensations. She forgot about her worries for a few moments. The disgruntled expression on her face melted away, replaced with surprise, and then serenity. This was supposed to be one of those nice, romantic things people only did in movies. A long, slow kiss and a promise of devotion.

When he finished, she blinked, and the cynical worldliness that generally marked her face seemed to disappear. Yet she shook her head vigorously. “...You...you don’t have to kiss me that many times...I-I don’t think we would get any business done if we spent the whole day kissing...” She giggled nervously, but when she thought about it, she would have rathered that he kiss her a thousand more times, instead of going back to France and dealing with the war. Yet then Blanchefleur would simply take over their lives, and then she would have no chance of happiness. “...But...thank you...” she mumbled, her eyes darting toward the floor as she spoke. She then looked around and found her dark-blue jacket, and threw it on, as though she was signaling that she was ready to go.

Henry Von Kressel

"I don't have to, but I want to. And yes, unfortunately business can't be done that way. And you are welcome. If you don't mind me saying it, you are adorable when you stutter that way. I'll pick up my jacket and my overcoat and then we'll leave. I wrote a letter for the Abramovs, thought it was better this way... They need the time after what happened yesterday.'

Henry left the room, only to return wearing a full grey suit while he carried a grey overcoat over his bag, and carrying a letter in the other hand. He awaited for Eglantine to pack up her things so they could go back to Austria and know what happened after the battle. He only hoped that the result was positive for them, but the time was coming: He would need to fight.

Konstantin and Anastasia,

I lack words to describe how thankful I am for your support. However, time is short and we must depart to Austria. This letter was the option I saw as the most fitting way of not disturbing the rest your minds deserve in this troubled moment. I feel extremely uncomfortable to disturb this moment, but I do need to say that Poland is a dark zone for us, and given the historical presence of magical dangers there, it is wise to keep an eye out for it.

Soon as I know the result of the battle in France, I'll send them over to you both.

Thanks for the attention and hospitality,

Lord Henry Von Kressel, Seat of Salzburg

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:44 pm

Hours later...
Turin, Italy

The group successfully retreated. Of course, their minds needed to deal with some questions. Who was helping Blanchefleur? Glód's infection was deadly? Or it was just venom? They needed to recover. Of the ones fighting, Sarah was the only one in fighting conditions, and she was tired. The ride back to the Aleramici-Gramont's headquarters was a quiet, but painful one. The wounds, the pain, the memories... And it was only the beginning.

Eventually they reached their safe house. Doctors came to deal with the wounded, while Sarah went straight to the phone. A meeting was in order. Immediately, she called Salzburg and Berlin: Henry and Manfred. With urgency. Henry barely stopped at Salzburg after his trip to Russia, and went straight to Italy to meet them. Manfred had a certain calm in his voice, but not in his acts. In a few hours he was in Italy, worried about his sister and the war effort.

Henry Von Kressel

His steps were hurried. Sarah never used the word "urgency" lightly. What happened? Anyone got killed? The whole house seemed to be... in a different state than the usual, like if sadness filled the air of the house. But those questions would have to wait: He needed to meet Sarah, and ask the reason. Presumably she called his uncle too, but that was another question.

Another thing bothered him. Rabbit was always walking around, and yet, when he arrived... There was no sign of him. Before his mind started to create theories for him, Henry searched the rooms until he found Sarah calmly talking with Lady Aleramici.

"Sarah, Lady Aleramici. I came as soon as I could. What happened?"

Promptly, Sarah interrupted him.

"Later, Henry. Manfred needs to arrive. He came with a certain... company to guard and counsel him, so he is staying in a hotel in the town. Lady Aleramici, this is Henry."
Last edited by Kingdom of Irhk on Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frisct the II
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Frisct the II » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:07 pm

Nym, A few hours later
Having resonated the frequency of his mana with Adikia's, he had managed to attain a large portion of knowledge about the world, including learning language. Be that as it may, Nym was still mostly a child at heart, and had desires fitting of that. He enjoyed playing, especially with mana. Of course, he was already extremely adept at it due to where he had come from, but that did not prevent him from enjoying it any less. He released the mana he had been toying with for a while now and turned to Adikia. His voice was that of a child's.

"Adikia, where is Annie? She's been gone for a while now." He was concerned for his newfound family, and was keen on not losing them.

Finsternia
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Finsternia » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:19 am

Allistor Abendroth

Allistor sat beside Rabbit's hospital bed, an open book in his right hand. He is trying to regain his lost mana from the fight and pass the time. He was also there to guard Rabbit from anyone suspiscious, even from the doctors and nurses that came and gone to treat his professor. Each and everyone was interviewed and asked on who they are treating and if they know the consequences if ever they try anything shady. After a few more groups of doctors, Allistor got tired, just rested and watched over the masked professor. The severity of the wound did shocked him for a moment before reassuring himself that his teacher could heal himself now that they are safe. Glacia is sneakily stationed by the door, ready to bite and give any sketchy intruder a freezing death. He flipped a page on his book and stared at the faces of beasts. What they have fought isn't in this book of his. Either that was an undocumented demon or a very rare circumstance. Allistor looked at Rabbit once more and sighed. "Whatever it was, it sure is powerful."
Random stuff here. Random stuff there. Bla bla bla. Whatever I don't care.

Soon, the penguins shall rule the Earth with a cold flipper

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:50 am

Finsternia wrote:Allistor Abendroth

Allistor sat beside Rabbit's hospital bed, an open book in his right hand. He is trying to regain his lost mana from the fight and pass the time. He was also there to guard Rabbit from anyone suspiscious, even from the doctors and nurses that came and gone to treat his professor. Each and everyone was interviewed and asked on who they are treating and if they know the consequences if ever they try anything shady. After a few more groups of doctors, Allistor got tired, just rested and watched over the masked professor. The severity of the wound did shocked him for a moment before reassuring himself that his teacher could heal himself now that they are safe. Glacia is sneakily stationed by the door, ready to bite and give any sketchy intruder a freezing death. He flipped a page on his book and stared at the faces of beasts. What they have fought isn't in this book of his. Either that was an undocumented demon or a very rare circumstance. Allistor looked at Rabbit once more and sighed. "Whatever it was, it sure is powerful."

Rabbit felt immensely uncomfortable having so many doctors and nurses prod him with tools, examine his body, and talk about operating on his arm. He knew the sight of the black blood probably shocked some of them, and probably even scared a few of them. Yet he answered whatever questions they asked about the wound, and patiently waited for them to go through with the inevitable procedure. They gave him anesthesia, careful to monitor him since he had never gone under for surgery before. In a few hours, his wound was gone...but so was his arm.

He had then slept for some time, completely and utterly exhausted. One could see the bags under his eyes, as he had not slept well as usual, and this battle had nearly drained him of all his life-force. He did not even stir to the phantom pain that occasionally pricked his arm. Yet after some time, he opened his eyes slightly, and heard a set of footsteps coming to his room. They had been Allistor’s, and the boy had come to keep him company. As tired as he was, his eyes glittered as he recognized Allistor’s Mana, and he smiled weakly as the younger Mage came to sit next to him. “...Hello, dear...It is good to see you...” he murmured softly. When he sensed that Allistor had planted himself close to him, the teacher closed his eyes and went back to sleep.

Allistor was like a guard-dog. While Rabbit slept for some time, the young Abendroth kept a
hawk’s eye on everyone who entered the room. Occasionally, Rabbit would awaken to Allistor glaring coolly at a doctor, or asking a nurse or an assistant questions about the procedure. When they were finally alone for some time, Rabbit tried to sit upright. It was hard to do with only one arm, but he forced himself to do so, even if he was seated a little crookedly, and then smiled toward Allistor. “...Yes...whatever it was, it was certainly powerful...but I do not believe it was any of the kind doctors or nurses that have come to see me...” he whispered, with a chuckle.

Now the pain struck him while he was awake, and Rabbit grimaced as it came to him. Yet when it was gone, he merely let out a sigh and closed his eyes. “...As long as you are safe...that is all that matters...I would lose both arms if it meant you were safe...It does not matter to me...” he murmured, still half-asleep. He found himself slumping back in the bed, and he groaned as he realized he was too weak to sit upright. “...When Henry and Eglantine return, please tell me...I want to see them as well...I need to know that all of you are well...” he asked Allistor, as he turned his head on the pillow trying to get comfortable. He would be in that bed for a while, after all.
Last edited by Luminesa on Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

Chrome Legion
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:05 pm

Sianna Alermici

"I am aware. I may not have a knight bond as my husband and daughter, but with out me they would be blind. I like to think that before he found me Anthony was just a young man raging at the darkness and foes he knew nothing about."

Anthony's face scrunched up at the accusation pale from the wound and his lack of sleep. Even in his state she was still dressed in a fit business suit, bandages on his side destroying the tailors efforts. "Was I truly that sad of a sight? Then what was I did to catch your discerning eye?"

Sianna couldn't help but give her husband a sardonic smile. Neither of them were ones to show their pain and concert, at least for anyone but their Children. "Simple politics dear, I'm sure that nothing else could have driven me to taking in such a creature as you. Though, perhaps you might have grown on me a bit."

Amélie looked a bit better, her wounds weren't as deep, and she had actually managed some sleep. As always, contrary to her cute, feminine form, Amélie let out a low growling sigh. "Your doing it again mia cara mamma. You don't have to hide your concerts so much."

Anthony chuckled. "Don't worry about it. I would be concerned about her more than either of us if we showed up and she started fawning over me. Plus, do you think she could have gotten me with out that sarcastic charm? It might be concealing her feeling to you, but I could always read her as plain as any book."

"Maybe if that book was in Sudanese." Amélie grumbled, though with a hint of a smile.

Smiling, still managing to find happiness with her family, even in these times, Sianna returned to her guests. "Might as well fill Henry in now, either of you can relate what happened to Manfred. Some one should get Allistor and Rabbit as well. I'm sure one such as he will be recovered enough to at least attend us."

Amélie shrugged, and stood. The slightest hit of annoyance touched her expression again. She didn't much like how her Parents talked to or about Rabbit, though from what they had mentioned before about those two girls, the ones like him with black blood, she could understand it. Hell, she hadn't treated Soliel very well when they first met. At least they hadn't done anything but been slight rude and dismissive, and they were that way to most people that couldn't call themselves lord or lady something. There was at least hope that they would warm up to him. The estate wasn't large, and it didn't take Amélie long to come to the wing that was acting as a temporary hospital.

"Oi, Bunny man, and the most likely man to produce an heir for his family, you guys up for joining our chat? More Kressels showed up."
The year’s at the spring,
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The hill-side’s dew-pearled;
The lark’s on the wing;
The snail’s on the thorn;
God’s in His heaven—
All’s right with the world!

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:30 pm

Chrome Legion wrote:Sianna Alermici

"I am aware. I may not have a knight bond as my husband and daughter, but with out me they would be blind. I like to think that before he found me Anthony was just a young man raging at the darkness and foes he knew nothing about."

Anthony's face scrunched up at the accusation pale from the wound and his lack of sleep. Even in his state she was still dressed in a fit business suit, bandages on his side destroying the tailors efforts. "Was I truly that sad of a sight? Then what was I did to catch your discerning eye?"

Sianna couldn't help but give her husband a sardonic smile. Neither of them were ones to show their pain and concert, at least for anyone but their Children. "Simple politics dear, I'm sure that nothing else could have driven me to taking in such a creature as you. Though, perhaps you might have grown on me a bit."

Amélie looked a bit better, her wounds weren't as deep, and she had actually managed some sleep. As always, contrary to her cute, feminine form, Amélie let out a low growling sigh. "Your doing it again mia cara mamma. You don't have to hide your concerts so much."

Anthony chuckled. "Don't worry about it. I would be concerned about her more than either of us if we showed up and she started fawning over me. Plus, do you think she could have gotten me with out that sarcastic charm? It might be concealing her feeling to you, but I could always read her as plain as any book."

"Maybe if that book was in Sudanese." Amélie grumbled, though with a hint of a smile.

Smiling, still managing to find happiness with her family, even in these times, Sianna returned to her guests. "Might as well fill Henry in now, either of you can relate what happened to Manfred. Some one should get Allistor and Rabbit as well. I'm sure one such as he will be recovered enough to at least attend us."

Amélie shrugged, and stood. The slightest hit of annoyance touched her expression again. She didn't much like how her Parents talked to or about Rabbit, though from what they had mentioned before about those two girls, the ones like him with black blood, she could understand it. Hell, she hadn't treated Soliel very well when they first met. At least they hadn't done anything but been slight rude and dismissive, and they were that way to most people that couldn't call themselves lord or lady something. There was at least hope that they would warm up to him. The estate wasn't large, and it didn't take Amélie long to come to the wing that was acting as a temporary hospital.

"Oi, Bunny man, and the most likely man to produce an heir for his family, you guys up for joining our chat? More Kressels showed up."

Rabbit smiled once again, as he heard Amelie’s voice. A friendly voice was always welcome, especially considering that he was not in a friendly territory and that the doctors and nurses already were afraid of him. “...Amelie, dear! Good to see you...” he murmured, lifting his head from the pillow to look toward her. He knew that Allistor would be hostile toward her, so he first turned toward him and assured him, “There’s no need to worry, Allistor...Amelie merely wishes to see us...Though...I do not know if...I am feeling well enough to join the rest of the group...I-I...do wish to see the rest of the group however...ahhh...” The pain returned, and he sighed. “Amelie, is there any way you could bring Henry and Eglantine here for a moment, so I may see them?...If they have arrived back from Russia, I want to...make sure they are well...” he implored.
Last edited by Luminesa on Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

Finsternia
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Finsternia » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:31 pm

Allistor Abendroth

The book that Allistor was reading was shut tight as he raised his eyebrow at Amelie. There was a playful smile on his face, a smug smirk if you will. "And hail to the beautiful damsel in distress. Finally found a man that could help your family with some romantic candles and a one night stand?" Allistor looked towards the door and snapped his fingers. Blue fire wrapped around his arm and hand like a fiery vine before taking corporeal form in the shape of Glacia. "I could come with you and all but Sir Rabbit isn't much in a good physical state. He still needs some rest to even try and stand. He's not even supposed to try and strain himself up. So if you may, our little princess, please fetch the Targaryen Boy and Little Miss French Baguette for the professor."
Random stuff here. Random stuff there. Bla bla bla. Whatever I don't care.

Soon, the penguins shall rule the Earth with a cold flipper

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:45 pm

Adikia

"It can't be long now. We dare a bit out of the way, and using magic to move around can call attention to us, so it's not unusual for it to take this long to get to the nearest town. There's also a house that we have to avoid. Bad people live there." Adi looked away for a moment, now slightly worried that Annie had stumbled into the bad people she spoke of. The Rise had been quiet since all of the activity started, but there was no telling how long that would last. Maybe Adikia should have gone with her... It always made her nervous they were apart. Until now she had been so distracted by Nym and his wonderful progress through their mixed mana that she hadn't had time to think about Annie. But now she did have to wonder what was taking so long.

"I know, I'll look for her. That should put us both at ease." Said with a cheerful smile that was completely countered by her actions. Black scaled snakes poured out from her dress and from behind her. Silently they spread from her and dispersed out of the house. The fragments of her self searching along the paths and roads nearby for Annie. Though frightening, to the normal person the snakes would mean nothing. Annie would recognize them instantly however.
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:48 pm

Finsternia wrote:Allistor Abendroth

The book that Allistor was reading was shut tight as he raised his eyebrow at Amelie. There was a playful smile on his face, a smug smirk if you will. "And hail to the beautiful damsel in distress. Finally found a man that could help your family with some romantic candles and a one night stand?" Allistor looked towards the door and snapped his fingers. Blue fire wrapped around his arm and hand like a fiery vine before taking corporeal form in the shape of Glacia. "I could come with you and all but Sir Rabbit isn't much in a good physical state. He still needs some rest to even try and stand. He's not even supposed to try and strain himself up. So if you may, our little princess, please fetch the Targaryen Boy and Little Miss French Baguette for the professor."

“Come now, Allistor, she has fought alongside you in battle. You are now allies and should respect each other as such,” he calmly instructed Allistor. He knew that with the rest of the Von Kressels coming soon, the home of the Aleramici-Gramont would soon become a very hostile place for everyone. Thus, he hoped to try and at least keep his students together. All of the rest of the fighting would be most likely unbearable, and he frowned as he thought about it. Sensing Glacia’s Mana nearby, he turned toward her. And you yourself must be rather tired?...I’m sure that traveling so much in one day cannot be good for snakes... He and Glacia were not exactly friendly, but he knew better than to try and snark with her, especially since his body was exhausted. She could launch a mental attack on him at any moment, if he managed to anger her.
-Alan Jackson

Frisct the II
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Frisct the II » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:12 pm

Chrome Legion wrote:Adikia

"It can't be long now. We dare a bit out of the way, and using magic to move around can call attention to us, so it's not unusual for it to take this long to get to the nearest town. There's also a house that we have to avoid. Bad people live there." Adi looked away for a moment, now slightly worried that Annie had stumbled into the bad people she spoke of. The Rise had been quiet since all of the activity started, but there was no telling how long that would last. Maybe Adikia should have gone with her... It always made her nervous they were apart. Until now she had been so distracted by Nym and his wonderful progress through their mixed mana that she hadn't had time to think about Annie. But now she did have to wonder what was taking so long.

"I know, I'll look for her. That should put us both at ease." Said with a cheerful smile that was completely countered by her actions. Black scaled snakes poured out from her dress and from behind her. Silently they spread from her and dispersed out of the house. The fragments of her self searching along the paths and roads nearby for Annie. Though frightening, to the normal person the snakes would mean nothing. Annie would recognize them instantly however.

Nym watched the black snakes slither by and out of the house. "I hope she coomes back soon..." He looked back up at Adikia questioningly. "What happens if she meets with the bad people? Would they hurt Annie? I don't want them to hurt her." He formed some mana into a disc and sent it around the room, floating gently in circles. The only thing he knew for certain was that he was in a new place and that he didn't want anyone to get hurt. His hair glowed slightly whenever he used magic, which was probably due to his entire body being made of mana. He himself didn't know that yet though.

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:44 pm

Adikia

With her mind split between so many locations, it was hard for Adikia to focus back on her presence with Nym. Her movements and words lacked the human guise that had developed over her existence. Maybe that would hid hide her worry, and be for the best.

"You shouldn't need to worry about that. Me and Anie have protected each other for a long time. Even when the bad people have come before, we've made it through."

Still not finding Annie, Adikia focused herself more onto the one place she had been avoiding, the near by estate controlled by the Rise. If there were any bad people, as Adi had simplified, then the Rise exemplified them. While other mages were simply a threat to great to be ignored, the Rise were actively malicious. They embodied the threat that mages posed, they mirrored the cruel being that had given birth to the sisters.
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:52 am

Amélie Alermici-Gramont

"I will have you know that I have never once been a damsel in distress. And maybe if you weren't so dick thirsty yourself you might find someone to fulfill your family obligations with. Though I shouldn't be surprised that someone from your line lacks any sense of propriety." Perhaps there was more edge to Amélie would normally have, maybe it was to hide the pain she was feeling.

"Rabbit. We both wore ourselves out, and we both took a beating from that... thing. But you've got more to prove that I do. I don't know exactly what you are with that black blood, but I know the stories about other... er, people like you. There's a reason my parents are cold to you. There's at least two other black blooded mage-creatures active in this area. They've killed a lot of mages. The group we left at the mansion that Tsukuyomi attacked with us, they have wounds that look like these two's calling card. I'm sure the other families at least know about them. I can't think that you're like that, at least from what I've seen. But the others don't know that."
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:32 am

Chrome Legion wrote:Amélie Alermici-Gramont

"I will have you know that I have never once been a damsel in distress. And maybe if you weren't so dick thirsty yourself you might find someone to fulfill your family obligations with. Though I shouldn't be surprised that someone from your line lacks any sense of propriety." Perhaps there was more edge to Amélie would normally have, maybe it was to hide the pain she was feeling.

"Rabbit. We both wore ourselves out, and we both took a beating from that... thing. But you've got more to prove that I do. I don't know exactly what you are with that black blood, but I know the stories about other... er, people like you. There's a reason my parents are cold to you. There's at least two other black blooded mage-creatures active in this area. They've killed a lot of mages. The group we left at the mansion that Tsukuyomi attacked with us, they have wounds that look like these two's calling card. I'm sure the other families at least know about them. I can't think that you're like that, at least from what I've seen. But the others don't know that."

“Please, that is enough from both of you!” Rabbit pleaded, raiding his voice slightly, to try and get them to stop bickering. Amélie changed the subject, however, and now a more important concern weighed on Rabbit’s mind. His eyes widened for a moment, at the mention of “other black-blooded mages”, as he realized that she had seen other Dark Mana Beings in the area. Even more than that, these Dark Mana Beings had been killing people. Now he was considered to be like them, because of his blood.

After a moment, he smiled weakly and nodded. “...This can only be expected, Amélie. I am grateful that you have attempted to argue on my behalf, dear...but you are right. I must help to quell their fears. It is only proper...and while I do not think that they shall trust me merely for my words, I shall do my best...” He then attempted to rise and to get out of the bed, despite his weakness. His head spun as he sat upright rather quickly, and with only one arm he would need support to get out of the bed. He could not reach for his mask with the other hand, so he turned toward its direction. The mask then floated to him and covered his face. “...That is better...Now...Allistor, if you would not mind supporting me...” he whispered.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:40 am

Chrome Legion wrote:Adikia

With her mind split between so many locations, it was hard for Adikia to focus back on her presence with Nym. Her movements and words lacked the human guise that had developed over her existence. Maybe that would hid hide her worry, and be for the best.

"You shouldn't need to worry about that. Me and Anie have protected each other for a long time. Even when the bad people have come before, we've made it through."

Still not finding Annie, Adikia focused herself more onto the one place she had been avoiding, the near by estate controlled by the Rise. If there were any bad people, as Adi had simplified, then the Rise exemplified them. While other mages were simply a threat to great to be ignored, the Rise were actively malicious. They embodied the threat that mages posed, they mirrored the cruel being that had given birth to the sisters.

Ruxandra had started after the party headed back toward Paris, as the battle had finally ended. However, due to her having to keep a low profile, because of her nature, she had to take several long roads. Behind buildings, near sewers, in alleyways...all in all, she had not gotten very far. Only a few miles, in fact, from where she had first started. “...Curse them!...With a wounded, bleeding Dark Mana Being in their possession, how far must they go?!...Stupid, stupid Mages...They make everything unreasonably difficult...both for themselves and others...” she muttered caustically to herself, as she walked through another alleyway. Yet as she was moving, she heard a faint hissing behind her, and she stopped.

Chilled by the foreign sound, she thought that a snake had come after her, thinking she was prey. In reality, when she turned around, she recognized the Mana of the snake. Finally, she smiled, relieved. “...Adi!” she whispered. She crouched down to pet the snake, happy to know her “sister” was not too far behind her. “...Thank goodness. Do not worry, I am not lost, I simply found Mages. They have a wounded black-blood with them...I don’t know what they are planning to do with it, but I am following them to keep an eye on them,” she explained, hoping Adi would get the message, “and soon I shall return with food!”
-Alan Jackson

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse