NATION

PASSWORD

Mana Chronicles: The Tournament War (IC: Modern Fantasy)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Frisct the II
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Frisct the II » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:50 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Chrome Legion wrote:Adikia

"I do so hate to call it a pet. Yes though, I believe we should keep him with us. Who knows what could happen to him if the mages got a hold of him? Especially now." Adi lost her self in thought again, wondering just what to do with this little creature. If they indoctrinated him into their own way of thinking, forged him in to a weapon for their goals against the mages, would that not make them just as bad as the mages that had created them? Yet, depending on his potential, he could be a powerful tool for helping to save others from the tyranny of human mages. Would it be worth it? Such things would have to be pondered later.

"They would do any number of unfortunate things to him. Things that he, as a small child, would not be able to understand or to fight. If anything, we must keep him and train him to defend himself. He will die quickly if he is ever alone and cannot fight for himself," Ruxandra answered, with a tinge of venom in her voice at the thought of human Mages killing this small creature. They seemingly loved to kill small animals and small creatures for fun, and destroyed them in any number of brutal ways. Nym knew next-to-nothing about the world, and thus would not be able to understand the dangers around him. Or would he? He did make himself clothing when he was cold, did this mean that his survival instinct might have been stronger than the two girls thought? Ruxandra did not know the answer, and she knew that only time would tell. Thus, she took Nym's hand in hers, and nodded to her sister. "Come. Let us bring him home, and we shall introduce him to his new world, and tell him all of the things he needs to know."

Annie suddenly grabbed Nym's hand, and he was slightly confused by this. Were they going somewhere? He didnt quite know, but he was excited that he might get to see other things that he had never known about before. The unknown was exciting, and Nym was also happy to have people that would show him all of the things he didn't know about. He looked up at Annie, waiting to be taken somewhere.

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:32 am

Elizaveta Von Falkenhausen

"I'm sure you went through the effort of using such an... archaic form of communication for good reason."

"Ahahahaha!" Elizaveta laughed, finding a good amount of humor in the conversation already. True, her use of the pigeon was a bit strange, but she did not trust the technology of todays age to keep her conversation secure. Though she chose to ignore the fact that someone interrupting her pigeon would be a rather unfortunate occurrence as well, and her message would of never gotten to its final destination in the first place. Elizaveta shrugged at her inner concerns.

"You are correct. Though I find such elegance in the use of our Avian companions, don't you? Cell phones or email feels....unsophisticated...unrefined? There's just something not right in such a modern method of communication." Elizaveta explained, justifying her use of message delivery. She stood from her chair abruptly and curtsied towards Jehoiakim, as was appropriate.

"So, Mr. Dariusz, I was going to suggest instead of you killing your enemies and me killing my enemies, we kill OUR enemies." She put a heavy emphasis on the 'our' and grinned at her guest.

"Or perhaps I should get into a twinge better detail on what I'm suggesting." A spun around with her arms held out as though gesturing to everything that surrounded her.

"Let's be great friends!" She said excitedly.

"We have so much to offer each other. Your knowledge, in exchange for my resources? I'm sure there's a fair trade we could come to agree on if you had anything specific you desired. After all, I'm looking to be at my utmost preparedness if I'm going to wage war against my neighboring houses." She said nonchalantly.
Grand Britannia wrote:
Fenexia and holochrome wrote:I want /pol/ to stay in /pol/.

/pol/ shitposted someone into the presidency, it's too late for you.

Chrome Legion
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:23 pm

Głód

There was no time to listen to the masked fools babbling as the graveyards mass of death poured down upon him. Bleached skulls stared down at him, empty judging him as fit only to be food. What ever anger or hate that lingered from Głód's childhood, no, his infancy, had long since been washed away by his hunger. It was the powerlessness, and the hate for Rabbit and his maters that had driven Głód to become what he was, but such thoughs were long ago bannished. Crushed by the power he now wielded, obviated by his hunger. Revenge was was nothing compared the the omnipresent hunger that drove the beast now.

Even as the ravenous maw crashed down, ready to consume it's stunned prey, the paladin of strength roared it's rage against such such corruption of noble blood. The ideals of the ancient paladin raged through Amélie, her hatred of the Rise and Fieradras' of the abomination before them burned white hot. Ignoring the gashes opening in the armor, together they charged this King. The humanoid form shattered and chumpled under unrelenting blows from hammer and fist. The whips fell still as smaller body fell apart and dissolved.
Focusing all their energy now, fire and thunder tore through the forest, shock waves sending ripples through the trees. Hundreds of conjured cannons released their creators hate at the abomination. Shells and shot tore deep, throwing peices of the things body through the air, scattering bone across the battlefield. Barely holding on to the strength to stand, Amélie looked out, hoping that she had been in time to save mana's masked volunteer, some one that came here purely of thier own will, with out any obligation. She couldn't find him, only smoke, dust, fire, and the writhing mass from what was left of the king of France.
The year’s at the spring,
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The hill-side’s dew-pearled;
The lark’s on the wing;
The snail’s on the thorn;
God’s in His heaven—
All’s right with the world!

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:15 pm

Chrome Legion wrote:Głód

There was no time to listen to the masked fools babbling as the graveyards mass of death poured down upon him. Bleached skulls stared down at him, empty judging him as fit only to be food. What ever anger or hate that lingered from Głód's childhood, no, his infancy, had long since been washed away by his hunger. It was the powerlessness, and the hate for Rabbit and his maters that had driven Głód to become what he was, but such thoughs were long ago bannished. Crushed by the power he now wielded, obviated by his hunger. Revenge was was nothing compared the the omnipresent hunger that drove the beast now.

Even as the ravenous maw crashed down, ready to consume it's stunned prey, the paladin of strength roared it's rage against such such corruption of noble blood. The ideals of the ancient paladin raged through Amélie, her hatred of the Rise and Fieradras' of the abomination before them burned white hot. Ignoring the gashes opening in the armor, together they charged this King. The humanoid form shattered and chumpled under unrelenting blows from hammer and fist. The whips fell still as smaller body fell apart and dissolved.
Focusing all their energy now, fire and thunder tore through the forest, shock waves sending ripples through the trees. Hundreds of conjured cannons released their creators hate at the abomination. Shells and shot tore deep, throwing peices of the things body through the air, scattering bone across the battlefield. Barely holding on to the strength to stand, Amélie looked out, hoping that she had been in time to save mana's masked volunteer, some one that came here purely of thier own will, with out any obligation. She couldn't find him, only smoke, dust, fire, and the writhing mass from what was left of the king of France.

Rabbit came out of his spell just in time for Glód to clamp down on his right shoulder. He gasped in pain, screaming out as Glód fought to tear the flesh and bones directly off his body. Before Glód could complete the job, however, Amelie rushed forward, firing at the giant monster with raging fire and clashing thunder. The mass of wicked hunger did not even have a chance to fight back, as Amelie struck so fast and so often that it could not re-form and counter her attacks. When all was said and done, Glód let out a single screech, and that was the last action it ever performed. A massive cry of hatred, shaking the ground beneath it, and then death.

Glod's defeat, however, did not make Rabbit's pain go away. He grabbed his arm, panting in heavy pain as he tried to heal himself. Yet this only made his pain even worse, using the same Magic that normally tore his body apart. Even worse, the black blood was now visible all over him. It streamed down his arm, which barely hung to his body. A single bite had nearly torn him to shreds, and this monster very well could have done the same to Amelie. As he gasped with pain, he turned toward Amelie. "...A-Amelie...I'm so sorry...I...put you in the path of danger, not realizing...my mistake...Agh!...Please, forgive me...and...get a medic!...I-I cannot heal this...on my own..." He knew that his time was up. A medic would see the black blood, and would know exactly what he was. He knelt on the ground, putting pressure on the wound, as though he was waiting for an executioner to finish him.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:07 am

Frisct the II wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"They would do any number of unfortunate things to him. Things that he, as a small child, would not be able to understand or to fight. If anything, we must keep him and train him to defend himself. He will die quickly if he is ever alone and cannot fight for himself," Ruxandra answered, with a tinge of venom in her voice at the thought of human Mages killing this small creature. They seemingly loved to kill small animals and small creatures for fun, and destroyed them in any number of brutal ways. Nym knew next-to-nothing about the world, and thus would not be able to understand the dangers around him. Or would he? He did make himself clothing when he was cold, did this mean that his survival instinct might have been stronger than the two girls thought? Ruxandra did not know the answer, and she knew that only time would tell. Thus, she took Nym's hand in hers, and nodded to her sister. "Come. Let us bring him home, and we shall introduce him to his new world, and tell him all of the things he needs to know."

Annie suddenly grabbed Nym's hand, and he was slightly confused by this. Were they going somewhere? He didnt quite know, but he was excited that he might get to see other things that he had never known about before. The unknown was exciting, and Nym was also happy to have people that would show him all of the things he didn't know about. He looked up at Annie, waiting to be taken somewhere.

“Very well sister. I think he will like his new place...” Ruxandra smiled at Nym, to assure him that all was well, and then she walked ahead with him just a few feet. She then summoned a sort of portal, a swirl of Dark Magic that led to another place. Nym would feel the cold, frightening pulsation of the Dark Magic in front of him, thus the girl next to him assured him, “Relax...it will not hurt you. My sister and I are with you. Now...let’s bring you to your new home.” With this, she stepped through the portal, taking Nym with her and hoping for Adikia to follow.

When they got to the other side, the girl and the creature stood in front of a massive mansion somewhere in the woods. Despite being so far from civilization, it seemed, the mansion was pristine, an ancient home restored to resemble a large French chateau. The ivory-colored walls, tall glittering windows, the elaborately-carved heavy-oak doors, and the four massive spires on each side of the building gave it the look of a house owned by a wealthy statesman, not by two strange children. Yet when Ruxandra looked at it, she nodded and declared, “This is your home, Nym. Welcome. Shall we go inside?”
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Frisct the II
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Frisct the II » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:32 am

Luminesa wrote:
Frisct the II wrote:Annie suddenly grabbed Nym's hand, and he was slightly confused by this. Were they going somewhere? He didnt quite know, but he was excited that he might get to see other things that he had never known about before. The unknown was exciting, and Nym was also happy to have people that would show him all of the things he didn't know about. He looked up at Annie, waiting to be taken somewhere.

“Very well sister. I think he will like his new place...” Ruxandra smiled at Nym, to assure him that all was well, and then she walked ahead with him just a few feet. She then summoned a sort of portal, a swirl of Dark Magic that led to another place. Nym would feel the cold, frightening pulsation of the Dark Magic in front of him, thus the girl next to him assured him, “Relax...it will not hurt you. My sister and I are with you. Now...let’s bring you to your new home.” With this, she stepped through the portal, taking Nym with her and hoping for Adikia to follow.

When they got to the other side, the girl and the creature stood in front of a massive mansion somewhere in the woods. Despite being so far from civilization, it seemed, the mansion was pristine, an ancient home restored to resemble a large French chateau. The ivory-colored walls, tall glittering windows, the elaborately-carved heavy-oak doors, and the four massive spires on each side of the building gave it the look of a house owned by a wealthy statesman, not by two strange children. Yet when Ruxandra looked at it, she nodded and declared, “This is your home, Nym. Welcome. Shall we go inside?”

Nym was happy at Annie's smile, and smiled back at her. She led him for a few feet before summoning some magic. Nym could feel it. It was dark, and very cold. It was like nothing he had ever felt before. It was quite frightening to feel such a dark mana even existing. Upon being reassured by Annie that everything would be okay, his fear left him, and they walked through the portal together.

They had been transported to an extremely large mansion that seemed to be nowhere near any other people or places. It seemed that Annie and her sister liked to be in private. Nym looked around, noticing the pristine nature of the building. It was magnificent, and it showed in his eyes as they had widened upon seeing it. He looked around more, and noticed the trees. How marvelous they were! He nodded to Annie, and let her take the lead.

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:08 pm

Jehoiakim Dariusz

Jehoiakim maintained a cordial smile as he conversed with Elizaveta, matching her tone and expression with out giving much for her to read. As the face of Dariusz, it was something he had gotten used to. One develops quite a professional mask over a century of dealing with the less desirable mages of Europe. "Perhaps I find myself enamored with this modern world of instant communication. I suppose I do see the appeal of reaching to the past. Tried, tested and true methods do leave little to go wrong. But, it's always seemed that little gets down if you're unwilling to move forward with the times. And it seems that's why I'm here, to explore what we could do together, moving forward."

"Would I be right to suspect that you know something of my families current obligations and involvements in France?"
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:31 am

Frisct the II wrote:
Luminesa wrote:“Very well sister. I think he will like his new place...” Ruxandra smiled at Nym, to assure him that all was well, and then she walked ahead with him just a few feet. She then summoned a sort of portal, a swirl of Dark Magic that led to another place. Nym would feel the cold, frightening pulsation of the Dark Magic in front of him, thus the girl next to him assured him, “Relax...it will not hurt you. My sister and I are with you. Now...let’s bring you to your new home.” With this, she stepped through the portal, taking Nym with her and hoping for Adikia to follow.

Nym was happy at Annie's smile, and smiled back at her. She led him for a few feet before summoning some magic. Nym could feel it. It was dark, and very cold. It was like nothing he had ever felt before. It was quite frightening to feel such a dark mana even existing. Upon being reassured by Annie that everything would be okay, his fear left him, and they walked through the portal together.

They had been transported to an extremely large mansion that seemed to be nowhere near any other people or places. It seemed that Annie and her sister liked to be in private. Nym looked around, noticing the pristine nature of the building. It was magnificent, and it showed in his eyes as they had widened upon seeing it. He looked around more, and noticed the trees. How marvelous they were! He nodded to Annie, and let her take the lead.

Ruxandra walked inside with Nym in tow, and she looked around as she brought him inside. Adikia’s and her own efforts had created beautiful results for most of the house. Just in the living room, the sprawling marble floors were spread with massive crimson, velvet couches around a mahogany table, all over an elaborate rug. The walls were decorated with golden ornamentation along the boards, candles lighting the doorways, and fancy paintings on each wall of the room. Above the denizens of the building, a glittering chandelier made of thousands of rippling crystals caused the room to almost glow, as the light bounced off the pristine floors and illuminated everything.

Given that this was only one room of the house, one could only imagine the splendor of the rest of the house. Indeed, when Ruxandra stood inside and looked around, she felt strong. She felt powerful, knowing she and her sister had done this themselves. They had taken control and created such beauty themselves. If her heart was capable of warming, Ruxandra’s heart would have blossomed like a rose. “...Well Nym! Welcome to your new home! I shall show you around the rest of the house, and then my sister and I shall find you some better clothes! Would you like that? Nice, fresh, sweet-smelling clothes?”
-Alan Jackson

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:09 pm

Amélie Alermici-Gramont

Amélie Struggled to crawl to Rabbit, his words obliterated by the ringing in her ears. Fierabras' rage and her own quelled by wave after wave of exhaustion. The conjured armor started to melt off of her body in streams of silver, the gashes bleeding the magical metal on the ground. Finally, Amélie felt something wet on her hands. It stuck to her hands like blood, but was the deep black of tar. Some fires flickered in reflection on the surface of the liquid as Amélie tried to traced the trail back to it's source. Tattered cloth and a the prone figure of Rabbit met her through the wall of smoke. What is he? The black blood, it didn't make any sense. It had to just be all the smoke and dust in the air.
As Amélie tried to check over Rabbit, looking for any other injuries other than the obvious, a scream of rage broke through the ringing in her ears. Weakened and battered, but still not beaten, Glód remained. The saw like whip cut through the smoke, again homing in on Amélie. What little was left of Fierabras' protection couldn't hold out long, blow after blow rained down, throwing the mercurial remains of the armor away. Amélie couldn't do anything but whimper and clutch her exhausted limbs in the fetal position as the silver blood of Fieraras was stained crimson with her own. The ceramic like coating Amélie maintained on her skin saved her life, but still the boney blades sliced through to her flesh.
Last edited by Chrome Legion on Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:33 pm

Chrome Legion wrote:Amélie Alermici-Gramont

Amélie Struggled to crawl to Rabbit, his words obliterated by the ringing in her ears. Fierabras' rage and her own quelled by wave after wave of exhaustion. The conjured armor started to melt off of her body in streams of silver, the gashes bleeding the magical metal on the ground. Finally, Amélie felt something wet on her hands. It stuck to her hands like blood, but was the deep black of tar. Some fires flickered in reflection on the surface of the liquid as Amélie tried to traced the trail back to it's source. Tattered cloth and a the prone figure of Rabbit met her through the wall of smoke. What is he? The black blood, it didn't make any sense. It had to just be all the smoke and dust in the air.
As Amélie tried to check over Rabbit, looking for any other injuries other than the obvious, a scream of rage broke through the ringing in her ears. Weakened and battered, but still not beaten, Glód remained. The saw like whip cut through the smoke, again homing in on Amélie. What little was left of Fierabras' protection couldn't hold out long, blow after blow rained down, throwing the mercurial remains of the armor away. Amélie couldn't do anything but whimper and clutch her exhausted limbs in the fetal position as the silver blood of Fieraras was stained crimson with her own. The ceramic like coating Amélie maintained on her skin saved her life, but still the boney blades sliced through to her flesh.

“AMELIE!” Rabbit panicked, as he saw her get attacked, and for a moment he forgot about his own wound, trying to summon an attack against Glod. His mistake now propelled him to fight back, and he struggled through the pain, in order to summon one of his swords. However, the pain from his torn arm quickly began to break his concentration, and he winced as he focused his Mana-construct into blocking Glod’s blows from reaching Amelie. Every parry felt like a hit with a board of wood against his body, and it was harder to direct the movement of the sword while he was bleeding-out. He felt himself becoming dizzy, but he fought through the shift in his consciousness to defend the wounded girl. Knowing that he would not be able to hold for too long, however, he turned toward Lady Sarah, grimacing as he called to her. “Sarah, please! Help Amelie!...I-I cannot...continue for much longer!...Please...quickly!”
-Alan Jackson

Frisct the II
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Frisct the II » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:11 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Frisct the II wrote:Nym was happy at Annie's smile, and smiled back at her. She led him for a few feet before summoning some magic. Nym could feel it. It was dark, and very cold. It was like nothing he had ever felt before. It was quite frightening to feel such a dark mana even existing. Upon being reassured by Annie that everything would be okay, his fear left him, and they walked through the portal together.

Ruxandra walked inside with Nym in tow, and she looked around as she brought him inside. Adikia’s and her own efforts had created beautiful results for most of the house. Just in the living room, the sprawling marble floors were spread with massive crimson, velvet couches around a mahogany table, all over an elaborate rug. The walls were decorated with golden ornamentation along the boards, candles lighting the doorways, and fancy paintings on each wall of the room. Above the denizens of the building, a glittering chandelier made of thousands of rippling crystals caused the room to almost glow, as the light bounced off the pristine floors and illuminated everything.

Given that this was only one room of the house, one could only imagine the splendor of the rest of the house. Indeed, when Ruxandra stood inside and looked around, she felt strong. She felt powerful, knowing she and her sister had done this themselves. They had taken control and created such beauty themselves. If her heart was capable of warming, Ruxandra’s heart would have blossomed like a rose. “...Well Nym! Welcome to your new home! I shall show you around the rest of the house, and then my sister and I shall find you some better clothes! Would you like that? Nice, fresh, sweet-smelling clothes?”

Nym looked around the room, instantly noticing the magnitude of wealth and extravagance that the Annie and Adikia had built up. It was quite the sight to see. His eyes opened up wide at all of the details; the velvet furnishings, the gold decoration, the marble flooring, and the mahogany table which worked well with the other colors. Nym was astonished by all of the splendor that he had taken in, but was snapped out of it when Annie asked if he would like a tour of the house. He nodded quickly with a smile on his face and waited patiently for Annie to show him around.

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:19 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Chrome Legion wrote:Amélie Alermici-Gramont

“AMELIE!” Rabbit panicked, as he saw her get attacked, and for a moment he forgot about his own wound, trying to summon an attack against Glod. His mistake now propelled him to fight back, and he struggled through the pain, in order to summon one of his swords. However, the pain from his torn arm quickly began to break his concentration, and he winced as he focused his Mana-construct into blocking Glod’s blows from reaching Amelie. Every parry felt like a hit with a board of wood against his body, and it was harder to direct the movement of the sword while he was bleeding-out. He felt himself becoming dizzy, but he fought through the shift in his consciousness to defend the wounded girl. Knowing that he would not be able to hold for too long, however, he turned toward Lady Sarah, grimacing as he called to her. “Sarah, please! Help Amelie!...I-I cannot...continue for much longer!...Please...quickly!”

Sarah Von Kressel

For a second, Sarah thought that Glód was dead. Amélie's attacks were strong and proved to be effective against the monster they were facing: A monster that ate everything thrown at him, now seemed to punish Rabbit and Amélie with his whip for their transgression of attacking him. Rabbit was wounded and one could see his robes getting black, as a result of his blood loss. Of course, now Sarah knew that Rabbit was a Dark Mana Being, there was no mistake about it. However, he was an ally and she didn't have enough time to ask the particularities of his condition.

Enhancing her strength by creating an armor for her arm, Sarah grabbed the whip with one hand, steadying it. With one strong, firm pull, she pulled Glód towards her direction, with her mace ready to beat it up like a ball. As the weaker form came towards her in an impressive speed, she readied herself for an explosive hit. And so she did. Hitting Glód like a projectile, she watched as the body rolled on the ground, eventually stopping some meters away from her attack.

"Come on! Whip me! WHIP ME! Whip me so I'll have an excuse to smash your ridiculous head and end your existence! Come on!"
Nothing to see here, move along.

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:12 am

"Courtesy of my late father and brothers expert spymasters. I suppose I'd be lying if I said I had nothing of an idea. Though it would be terribly rude of me to make assumptions. If you would like to explain in greater detail then feel free. The happenings in France are not my immediate concern to Von Falkenhausen." Elizaveta explained to her esteemed guest. It was likely most information she had gathered regarding Dariusz and Rise was out of date, but they were acquired in the time of her father and brother. Nowadays, her houses espionage efforts were directed towards immediate rivals and the recruitment of manpower.

"Though does my offer sound appealing? You can count on Von Falkenhausen's support in your endeavors, preferably discreetly if possible, and in turn we would have the aid of a renown house such as yours?" Elizaveta was hoping for a positive outcome to this meeting. Her own house was nearly prepared to carry out the next phase of it's operations.

"Or do you have anything specific to ask of me?" She added.
Grand Britannia wrote:

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:40 pm

Frisct the II wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Ruxandra walked inside with Nym in tow, and she looked around as she brought him inside. Adikia’s and her own efforts had created beautiful results for most of the house. Just in the living room, the sprawling marble floors were spread with massive crimson, velvet couches around a mahogany table, all over an elaborate rug. The walls were decorated with golden ornamentation along the boards, candles lighting the doorways, and fancy paintings on each wall of the room. Above the denizens of the building, a glittering chandelier made of thousands of rippling crystals caused the room to almost glow, as the light bounced off the pristine floors and illuminated everything.

Nym looked around the room, instantly noticing the magnitude of wealth and extravagance that the Annie and Adikia had built up. It was quite the sight to see. His eyes opened up wide at all of the details; the velvet furnishings, the gold decoration, the marble flooring, and the mahogany table which worked well with the other colors. Nym was astonished by all of the splendor that he had taken in, but was snapped out of it when Annie asked if he would like a tour of the house. He nodded quickly with a smile on his face and waited patiently for Annie to show him around.

“...You would like me to show you the rest of the house?...Very well then. I will show you the rest of the house. I’m sure you will find it quite a pleasant place to stay,” she replied. With this, she walked through the rest of the house holding the little creature’s hand, pointing him to all Don’t he rooms. She showed him the library, a magnificent room of forest-colored walls and dark shelves covered in rows and rows of ancient tomes. She showed him her room and her sister’s room, a magnificent, brightly-lit, pale-pink room with a giant round bed covered in downy covers, massive armoires that were most definitely refurbished antiques, and lit by its own, smaller chandelier. If one looked out the window from up there, they could see all of the crisp, natural forestry below, stretching for miles toward the sun.

Next door was one of the guest rooms, which was a smaller, dark-blue-colored room, with a twin bed, and with its own closet and window. “This will be your room while you live with us. You will be next-door, and you’ll be able to come find us any time during the night. Isn’t it quaint? I hope it will be comfortable for you as well,” she inquired, with a giggle.

She then led him through the rest of the house. There was a massive ballroom, one that Ruxandra herself had specifically designed. She dreamed of having a room full of people dancing, with the lights glittering above them and with beautiful music echoing through the crystalline room. Yet this was only a dream, at least for now. “...This poor ballroom. It has never been used properly,” she explained to Nym, even as she knew he would not understand, “but one day it shall be. Who knows! Maybe you shall be able to witness such a grand party yourself! I’m sure you would find it as lovely as I would.”

So this concluded most of the house. One room was left unlocked, and for a specific reason. As they walked downstairs, Ruxandra made sure to carefully distract him, to avert his eyes from a dark door in the hallway, next to the living room. Even the brightest of houses had their secrets, it seemed, and this beautiful country-home was not an exception. When they came downstairs however, the girl still had a smile on her face, hiding any knowledge that Nym might see a hint of, concerning the room. “Well then, Nym! How did you like your tour?” she inquired.
-Alan Jackson

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:54 pm

Jehoiakim Dariusz

"I don't see the need to delve deeply into details, but perhaps I can shed some light on why we entangled our selves. Just as you, we do not directly have a dog in this fight. Weather Alermici-Gramont are subjugated by House Rise matters nothing to us. But, the existence of Rise is very important. Rise makes for a great elephant in the room. Who cares if a mage goes missing in Poznań, when a Rise mage kills his friend in cold blood with demon magic. Rise is the greatest distraction for either of our own actions, as well as a check to the power of the other houses. As much as you may hold disdain for the Rise themselves, I doubt you would like to see their foes ascendant. That is why we are aiding them."

Jehoiakim was some what hesitant to make any blanket offers of friendship. He may have gotten a taste of his hosts will and detirmination, but he could also feel the conflict in the house. It wouldn't do to involve themselves with both Rise and then get pulled into an internal conflict here.

"Friendship takes time my dear, such an esteemed relationship must be worked on. And Dariusz is not a house of quick or thoughtless action. I'm sure you can understand the ones such as us take our time. What I mean to say, is that I lack the ability to make such broad commitments. That is not to say that this can't be the beginning of such a relationship. Yet, for now I believe we should focus on more specific goals. You know that we are fighting against other houses of Europe, but so far I do not know what you are after, it seems that would be the place to start. What exactly is it that you want of Dariusz?"

Adikia

Adikia followed Annie and their new guest around quietly, glad that her sister was the one to give the welcoming tour. Flowery language only seemed to come to her in the form of threats descriptions of the death she spread. Adikia would do a better job of describing how crimson and accented the the walls of Annie's favorite ballroom, then imagine it being put to use. Adi did have to thank the former residents of their abode for pre-paying the bills for such a time. That was a large part of the reason they had been able to stay here for so long, as well as being more cautious about letting mages track them back. Adikia had to wonder if they could be proper hosts to this child-being, there was much they didn't know about him. Did he need to eat? Would some one, or thing, be looking for him? He had taken a human form, but how far did that go, would he ever be able to speak?
Last edited by Chrome Legion on Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Frisct the II
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Frisct the II » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:19 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Frisct the II wrote:Nym looked around the room, instantly noticing the magnitude of wealth and extravagance that the Annie and Adikia had built up. It was quite the sight to see. His eyes opened up wide at all of the details; the velvet furnishings, the gold decoration, the marble flooring, and the mahogany table which worked well with the other colors. Nym was astonished by all of the splendor that he had taken in, but was snapped out of it when Annie asked if he would like a tour of the house. He nodded quickly with a smile on his face and waited patiently for Annie to show him around.

“...You would like me to show you the rest of the house?...Very well then. I will show you the rest of the house. I’m sure you will find it quite a pleasant place to stay,” she replied. With this, she walked through the rest of the house holding the little creature’s hand, pointing him to all Don’t he rooms. She showed him the library, a magnificent room of forest-colored walls and dark shelves covered in rows and rows of ancient tomes. She showed him her room and her sister’s room, a magnificent, brightly-lit, pale-pink room with a giant round bed covered in downy covers, massive armoires that were most definitely refurbished antiques, and lit by its own, smaller chandelier. If one looked out the window from up there, they could see all of the crisp, natural forestry below, stretching for miles toward the sun.

Next door was one of the guest rooms, which was a smaller, dark-blue-colored room, with a twin bed, and with its own closet and window. “This will be your room while you live with us. You will be next-door, and you’ll be able to come find us any time during the night. Isn’t it quaint? I hope it will be comfortable for you as well,” she inquired, with a giggle.

She then led him through the rest of the house. There was a massive ballroom, one that Ruxandra herself had specifically designed. She dreamed of having a room full of people dancing, with the lights glittering above them and with beautiful music echoing through the crystalline room. Yet this was only a dream, at least for now. “...This poor ballroom. It has never been used properly,” she explained to Nym, even as she knew he would not understand, “but one day it shall be. Who knows! Maybe you shall be able to witness such a grand party yourself! I’m sure you would find it as lovely as I would.”

So this concluded most of the house. One room was left unlocked, and for a specific reason. As they walked downstairs, Ruxandra made sure to carefully distract him, to avert his eyes from a dark door in the hallway, next to the living room. Even the brightest of houses had their secrets, it seemed, and this beautiful country-home was not an exception. When they came downstairs however, the girl still had a smile on her face, hiding any knowledge that Nym might see a hint of, concerning the room. “Well then, Nym! How did you like your tour?” she inquired.

Nym was amazed at the sheer amount of rooms that their house had, and was extremely pleased with all of the decorations and artistic style that varied from room to room. Everything had its own unique features, and Nym really liked that. He was as happy as can be for the entirety of the tour, and had a glowing smile beaming from his face. He noticed a dark door on the way back to the main room, but seeing as Annie and Adikia didn't mention it, he himself didn't think much of it either. Nym conveyed his happiness to the sisters through a wave of Mana, as he had done prior with his gratitude.

What he had been most intrigued by on the tour was the library. It seemed to be a trove of knowledge, something that Nym was extremely lacking in. There was only one problem though: Nym can't read. He didn't even know how to ask the sisters to teach him anything. With time though, Nym figured that he could work something out eventually.

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:00 pm

Król Dariusz

Król looked into a nebulous cloud swirling in a full length mirror. To him, it was a window out over the battlefield, though his focus had wandered from that scene to the large ruby, set in an ornate pattern of gold and silver. A taint wormed through the gemstone, dark tendrils working their way to the center. As Król watched, and as Głód body started to fail, the taint spread. A spiderweb of cracks burst out, mirroring the damage Głód had received bodily on his soul. Perhaps betraying a hint of anger in his voice, Król turned to the woman at his side.

"Perhaps now would be the time to make another move? It seems that your first play did little in the way off dissuading your intruders."
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:26 am

Chrome Legion wrote:Król Dariusz

Król looked into a nebulous cloud swirling in a full length mirror. To him, it was a window out over the battlefield, though his focus had wandered from that scene to the large ruby, set in an ornate pattern of gold and silver. A taint wormed through the gemstone, dark tendrils working their way to the center. As Król watched, and as Głód body started to fail, the taint spread. A spiderweb of cracks burst out, mirroring the damage Głód had received bodily on his soul. Perhaps betraying a hint of anger in his voice, Król turned to the woman at his side.

"Perhaps now would be the time to make another move? It seems that your first play did little in the way off dissuading your intruders."

“...Perhaps surprisingly so...” Blanchefleur was emotionally unfazed by what she saw. Glòd’s demise meant little to her. “...But I wouldn’t be too worried,” she assured Król. She watched the battle from the other side of the mirror, and saw that several of her opponents were severely injured. One of them was bleeding profusely, as a result of Glòd nearly biting their arm off, and the Aleramici-Gramont girl was also grievously injured. A little progress was enough for her, as she was confident that if she could not wipe them out for some reason, she could still cause significant casualties. Morale was her main concern right now. Once they were broken and unable to counter her attacks, she would finish them. For now, she turned toward the estate she was seeking to protect, and a slight smile showed on her face as she thought about what was to come. “...As long as they bleed, that’s all that matters,” she muttered. Meanwhile, from within the stronghold behind her, a soft, deep rumbling sounded, shaking the ground directly beneath their feet. “...And making them bleed a little more won’t be so difficult.”
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:37 am

Chrome Legion wrote:Jehoiakim Dariusz

"I don't see the need to delve deeply into details, but perhaps I can shed some light on why we entangled our selves. Just as you, we do not directly have a dog in this fight. Weather Alermici-Gramont are subjugated by House Rise matters nothing to us. But, the existence of Rise is very important. Rise makes for a great elephant in the room. Who cares if a mage goes missing in Poznań, when a Rise mage kills his friend in cold blood with demon magic. Rise is the greatest distraction for either of our own actions, as well as a check to the power of the other houses. As much as you may hold disdain for the Rise themselves, I doubt you would like to see their foes ascendant. That is why we are aiding them."

Jehoiakim was some what hesitant to make any blanket offers of friendship. He may have gotten a taste of his hosts will and detirmination, but he could also feel the conflict in the house. It wouldn't do to involve themselves with both Rise and then get pulled into an internal conflict here.

"Friendship takes time my dear, such an esteemed relationship must be worked on. And Dariusz is not a house of quick or thoughtless action. I'm sure you can understand the ones such as us take our time. What I mean to say, is that I lack the ability to make such broad commitments. That is not to say that this can't be the beginning of such a relationship. Yet, for now I believe we should focus on more specific goals. You know that we are fighting against other houses of Europe, but so far I do not know what you are after, it seems that would be the place to start. What exactly is it that you want of Dariusz?"

Adikia

Adikia followed Annie and their new guest around quietly, glad that her sister was the one to give the welcoming tour. Flowery language only seemed to come to her in the form of threats descriptions of the death she spread. Adikia would do a better job of describing how crimson and accented the the walls of Annie's favorite ballroom, then imagine it being put to use. Adi did have to thank the former residents of their abode for pre-paying the bills for such a time. That was a large part of the reason they had been able to stay here for so long, as well as being more cautious about letting mages track them back. Adikia had to wonder if they could be proper hosts to this child-being, there was much they didn't know about him. Did he need to eat? Would some one, or thing, be looking for him? He had taken a human form, but how far did that go, would he ever be able to speak?

Ruxandra seemed to sense Adikia’s worries-as she usually could do, given how close the two girls were-and she nodded toward her slowly. Their new guest probably would need sustenance of some sort, but they could not communicate with him too well at the moment. They needed to find a way to understand him, to learn what he liked, so they could take care of him. He really was almost like a baby. Frowning, Ruxandra turned back to Nym and asked, “Now Nym...since you shall be living with us now, we must find a way to talk to you. We know that you like to use your Mana to express your delight, or your fears, and you can use it to even create things such as clothing. So then...until we can teach you to speak, which may take some time, as you have to listen to us talk more to learn to talk, perhaps you can talk to us using your Mana. Does that help? Now then...another question...” Finally she smiled, as she mentioned a more lighthearted question. “Are you hungry?”
-Alan Jackson

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:12 am

"What exactly is it that you want of Dariusz?" Elizaveta pondered the question for a bit, as if she didn't know if she should outright say it. However, it wasn't as if this notorious house would leak her intentions to the rest of the noble houses. What would they have to gain after all? She would destroy everything of value her house possessed before she allowed it to fall into the hands of those who would seek their destruction.

"What I want is the destruction of the old order, and for a new order to take its place. For the mages of the world to take their rightful place as masters of it. What I want....is change....and to lead this change, I must breed a war." Elizaveta announced. She looked closely at her potential benefactor, unsure of their thoughts on her suggestion.

"Regardless of your choice, my house will proceed with our plans unchanged. I simply ask your help in smoothing out the road that will lead to the alteration of the current order. When the dust has settled, House von Falkenhausen will remember those that aided them in their conquests." Elizaveta looked at Jehoakim expectantly.

"Will that be all for further inquiries, my esteemed guest?" She had told the truth here, though purposely left out certain details as to what she also had planned for the future.
Grand Britannia wrote:

Frisct the II
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Frisct the II » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:42 am

Luminesa wrote:

Adikia

Ruxandra seemed to sense Adikia’s worries-as she usually could do, given how close the two girls were-and she nodded toward her slowly. Their new guest probably would need sustenance of some sort, but they could not communicate with him too well at the moment. They needed to find a way to understand him, to learn what he liked, so they could take care of him. He really was almost like a baby. Frowning, Ruxandra turned back to Nym and asked, “Now Nym...since you shall be living with us now, we must find a way to talk to you. We know that you like to use your Mana to express your delight, or your fears, and you can use it to even create things such as clothing. So then...until we can teach you to speak, which may take some time, as you have to listen to us talk more to learn to talk, perhaps you can talk to us using your Mana. Does that help? Now then...another question...” Finally she smiled, as she mentioned a more lighthearted question. “Are you hungry?”

Nym could not understand what the two were saying that well, but he could try to make some inferences. After all, the problem was that he just didn't know language or how to speak well, and not that he wasnt intelligent. They asked him something then. Annie had said the word "need," which he was beginning to understand meant something that one could not persevere without. Hunger was another word they said. It seemed like a specific need for something, kind of like his he needed to cycle Mana throughout his body to continue existence in his previous dimension.

With these hypotheses, Nym assumed that he would "need" something to date his "hunger" considering he still had no idea how a physical body worked. He might not even need that though, as he could tell that he wasn't the same as them. Yet, he wanted to experience new things, so he nodded his head vigorously. He wanted to know how individuals lived in this plane, and was keen on finding out.

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:55 pm

Jehoiakim Dariusz

"I feel I must ask, do you intend to see yourself at the head of this new order? Or is it that you simply wish to see Mundanes returned to a more natural place below ourselves? Such a thing would take time... I have to assume you aren't proposing some short term plan. In fact, it took lifetimes for mages to lose the power they had, do you intend to correct it in one? Or do you perhaps seek the luxury of more that a single lifetime?"

Such grand ambitions would go a way to explain the efforts to reach out to Dariusz, with such long term and expansive goals, perhaps she sought a way to extend the time she would have to obtain her lofty goals.

Król Dariusz

"Perhaps you should be as worried about how we bleed as well. An eye for an eye is not a victory."

Król's anger at Blanchefleur was partially cloaking his mixed feelings about his own actions with Głód. More and more he relied on possessing the beast's phylactery to control him, in a way he never had to with the others. Głód's fall here was no accident, whether Król wished to blame Blanchefleur or not. Głód had become more and more of a liability, his raw power not longer worth the risk of discovery he presented. Głód did not have a place in the large goal of the house. Still, he was a child of undeath, and fully a member of House Dariusz. As much as he could rationalize it, Król had thrown away the life of a family member.
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:17 pm

"I feel I must ask, do you intend to see yourself at the head of this new order? Or is it that you simply wish to see Mundanes returned to a more natural place below ourselves? Such a thing would take time... I have to assume you aren't proposing some short term plan. In fact, it took lifetimes for mages to lose the power they had, do you intend to correct it in one? Or do you perhaps seek the luxury of more that a single lifetime?"

Such grand ambitions would go a way to explain the efforts to reach out to Dariusz, with such long term and expansive goals, perhaps she sought a way to extend the time she would have to obtain her lofty goals.

Król Dariusz

"Perhaps you should be as worried about how we bleed as well. An eye for an eye is not a victory."

Król's anger at Blanchefleur was partially cloaking his mixed feelings about his own actions with Głód. More and more he relied on possessing the beast's phylactery to control him, in a way he never had to with the others. Głód's fall here was no accident, whether Król wished to blame Blanchefleur or not. Głód had become more and more of a liability, his raw power not longer worth the risk of discovery he presented. Głód did not have a place in the large goal of the house. Still, he was a child of undeath, and fully a member of House Dariusz. As much as he could rationalize it, Król had thrown away the life of a family member.

Blanchefleur narrowed her hawkish eyes just slightly at Król, though not because he had commented about her perceived recklessness. Rather, she noted how he had stared gloomily into the mirror, as Glód had finally fallen, and how when he had snapped at her his outburst was mainly related to “an eye for an eye”. A sacrifice for a sacrifice. Sentimentality of any sort annoyed her, and had she not considered Król an equal, she would have scolded him openly about what she saw to be quiet grief. Yet she kept to herself, knowing that she valued him as an ally far more than her own momentary opinions, at least for now. She then turned toward the group of their opponents about a mile away, and she nodded to her compatriot. “What we bleed will be nothing compared to what we shall cause of them. Now, if you would please lure them over here, I would be quite grateful. Glód is finished. Now we face them ourselves.”
-Alan Jackson

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:17 pm

Anthony Gramont

Anthony had recovered, to some degree, from the wound left on him by the recently defeated monstrosity. Still holding his side, he moved over to his daughter. Amélie had sat up as well, a pained expression stuck to her face as her father helped her back to her feet. Anthony looked her over grimly.

"I'll live. Don't give me that look."

"You can tell me you want to be here, and I know you do, but you can't keep me from being concerned." Looking away, Anthony turned and looked down toward Rabbit, even more unsure about what to make of him. "Rabbit. You alive down there?"
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:11 pm

Chrome Legion wrote:Anthony Gramont

Anthony had recovered, to some degree, from the wound left on him by the recently defeated monstrosity. Still holding his side, he moved over to his daughter. Amélie had sat up as well, a pained expression stuck to her face as her father helped her back to her feet. Anthony looked her over grimly.

"I'll live. Don't give me that look."

"You can tell me you want to be here, and I know you do, but you can't keep me from being concerned." Looking away, Anthony turned and looked down toward Rabbit, even more unsure about what to make of him. "Rabbit. You alive down there?"

Rabbit tried as hard as he could to hide the blood, but Amelie had already seen it, as had Lady Sarah. Lord Gramont was already suspicious of him, so Rabbit could not let him notice the blood. Yet this was impossible. Even as he had tried to apply pressure now, the wound was massive, and his own healing Magic was slow to work. He breathed slowly and painfully as he turned to face Lord Gramont, while trying to hold his mangled arm and shoulder together. “...Y-Yes...I am...alive. But I do not know how well I shall be able to fight...But you must...be healed yourself. Your wounds are not as severe as mine...”

He slowly stood, unsteady because of his torn arm, and then he stumbled toward Lord Gramont. Giving into the fact that he would now be able to see the black blood up-close, he held his good hand toward his side, and light began to glow. He sucked his breath and hissed from the pain, while trying to somewhat fix Lord Gramont’s wound. He was not able to fix it completely, as he was in far too much pain to finish, and stepped back when the throbbing became too severe. “...I-I am sorry...I have done what I can. You must be careful facing Lady Blanchefleur...you have a daughter to care for, after all...” He turned toward Amelie, and forced a smile despite his pain. She had supported them well against Glód, and had even landed some of the deciding blows against him. “...A very brave daughter...” he commented.
-Alan Jackson

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse