NATION

PASSWORD

Age of Change {IC|OPEN|Sign-Up in OOC}

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat May 20, 2017 5:58 am

Celio Bianco
Near Aeston

No matter of how hard he tried.. he couldn't.. he just couldn't comprehend what she was saying.. how was she able to think like that? Why was she.. just so naive, and innocent? But it wasn't like.. he didn't want a friend...it was one of the most basic desires of most living beings, after all. But.. less than a year ago.. Celio was betrayed by the people he considered to be his friends.. his comrades..his family. He was expelled from his order, and forced to live his life running and hiding, constantly fearing death. There was no wonder that he was distrustful..and for him to meet someone like her.. someone that didn't seem to be that affected by the fact that he was an adept of the dark arts of necromancy, one of the most disgusting and twisted parts of dark magic...someone that hadn't tried to hunt him down or to kill him.. someone that had saved him.. and someone that was now saying that she wanted to be his friend.. it was just so.. unreal. The ashen haired rubbed his right hand with his hand, as if he was trying to check whether he was hallucinating all of this or not..

Celio sighed, as he pointed his finger at the nearest dead dire wolf..and as he closed his eyes, murmuring the words of power, the dead body of the beast suddenly stood up, with red glowing eyes, its spirit having been brought back from the death and bound to the body by the boy's power, a simple necromancy spell. Again and again, the boy repeated it, until most of the dead wolves stood up, waiting orders from their new master, but luckily, Celio refrained himself from trying to do anything with the bodies of the dead bandits, that had to be somewhere nearby. In his current exhausted state, these spells might have been a little too much, and the gray eyed boy had to use his scythe's handle to remain standing..

"I don't understand you.. I just don't understand you..", Celio said in a tired voice. "I am a necromancer.. I raise things from the dead as a living. I force their spirits to remain in this world as undead beings, and I defy death. It's disgusting, it's evil, and it's wrong. I should be killed for what I have done..that I am afraid of death is an entirely different thing. How could you even think about befriending someone like me? How can you have all those ideals and morals in your mind?.. I'm not worth saving, and I don't deserve a friend.." And then, the boy remained quiet for a few moments.."But...if...for some reason...you still.. want to be my friend.. I..I wouldn't say no.."
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

The Burning Sun
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Sat May 20, 2017 11:32 am

Abserdia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:While Laelynn prepared herself, Elisabeth jumped into action. With the prospect of satisfying her thirst finally at hand, she didn't want to waste a single second. Luckily, this was something she had studied; a vampire ignorant in this field of medical knowledge was simply asking for disaster. Thus, when Elisabeth returned with the goblet, knife, and some bandages, it was with a smooth sureness that she unrolled the bandage, extended Laelynn's arm over the white cloth palm down, and positioned the knife over the vein in her wrist. It pulsed gently before her eyes, pulling her attention to the life-giving blood rushing through. As she gazed at it, Elisabeth could almost smell the sharp tang of blood...until she realized what she was doing and directed herself back to the task at hand.

"Okay, you ready?" she asked. "I'm going to cut into this vein here, which should cause a lot of bleeding without being painful or spraying blood everywhere. Just hold your hand over the cup until it gets reasonably full, then turn your palm up and press this pad on top of the cut, hard. Once you do that, I'll wrap the bandage around it to hold it in place, and everything will be fine after a day or two."

Laelynn nodded her assent, and Elisabeth drew the knife across her wrist in a single fluid motion. Immediately, the scent of blood filled the room, this time for real, and Elisabeth found herself unable to tear her eyes away from the steady stream of scarlet as it gushed down the sides of the grey steel goblet. She could just make out her reflection in the burnished metal, and she realized with a start that her fangs were out and she was practically drooling. Then the blood covered the reflection and she forgot her alarm; clearly there were much more desirable things to be focusing on.

Suddenly, the flow stopped. Elisabeth's head snapped up, about to berate Laelynn for stopping - only to see her, pale and shivering, pressing a cloth pad to the cut on her wrist. The spell ended immediately, and Elisabeth, mortified, ducked her head down and focused on wrapping the gauze around Laelynn's wound. When she was done, she grabbed the goblet and quickly retreated to the farthest corner of the room. She had time to shoot Laelynn a single harrowed glance and mutter a hurried "Sorry" before the raised goblet cut her off, and for the next few moments the only sound in the room was that of Elisabeth frantically gulping down the vital liquid.

Laelynn Vinge
The Dove's Nest Inn
With a vampire

Although Laelynn felt dizzy and tired, she was just happy to get it over with. She looked over at Elisabeth drinking the blood in the corner of the room and gave her a small smile, saying "It's okay, y-you don't have to apologize for this...

Yawning, she took off her boots and crawled underneath the blanket.
"I know I told you to stay near me, but... I'm going rest for a bit.
F-feel free to explore the city a bit, just make sure to stay out of trouble...
I'll catch up with you later..."
Laelynn then closed her eyes and threw the blanket over her head, ready to get just a little more sleep.

Elisabeth watched as Laelynn closed her eyes and promptly fell asleep. The girl really was something else entirely, willingly giving blood to a vampire out of kindness alone and falling asleep without a care in the world immediately after. Wasn't she afraid at all that something might happen to her in her sleep? Well, Elisabeth supposed, she was young and human.

Sated(for now) by the blood, she stood up and stretched. A ray of sunlight, once so feared, landed in the corner of her eye through an open window, and Elisabeth grinned. Humans might need sleep, but she didn't. Not as much of it, at least, and in any case she was far from tired. For the first time in her life, she was in a major human city, and intended to make the most of it. Dozens of things alone had caught her eye during the journey to the inn - so many new and interesting things she didn't know where to start. Not that that was an issue. As she pulled on a hat and stepped out onto the bright city streets, she figured she would just start walking and see what caught her eye.
"All that we see or seem/Is but a dream within a dream" - Poe
TBS, M.D | Founder of the Mechanics' Guild | EST 9-9
because my self-esteem is so low
TriStates wrote:+100 Tri-Points
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

I award you ten points for the nickname. Which will buy you...
more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Sat May 20, 2017 10:39 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:Celio Bianco
Near Aeston

No matter of how hard he tried.. he couldn't.. he just couldn't comprehend what she was saying.. how was she able to think like that? Why was she.. just so naive, and innocent? But it wasn't like.. he didn't want a friend...it was one of the most basic desires of most living beings, after all. But.. less than a year ago.. Celio was betrayed by the people he considered to be his friends.. his comrades..his family. He was expelled from his order, and forced to live his life running and hiding, constantly fearing death. There was no wonder that he was distrustful..and for him to meet someone like her.. someone that didn't seem to be that affected by the fact that he was an adept of the dark arts of necromancy, one of the most disgusting and twisted parts of dark magic...someone that hadn't tried to hunt him down or to kill him.. someone that had saved him.. and someone that was now saying that she wanted to be his friend.. it was just so.. unreal. The ashen haired rubbed his right hand with his hand, as if he was trying to check whether he was hallucinating all of this or not..

Celio sighed, as he pointed his finger at the nearest dead dire wolf..and as he closed his eyes, murmuring the words of power, the dead body of the beast suddenly stood up, with red glowing eyes, its spirit having been brought back from the death and bound to the body by the boy's power, a simple necromancy spell. Again and again, the boy repeated it, until most of the dead wolves stood up, waiting orders from their new master, but luckily, Celio refrained himself from trying to do anything with the bodies of the dead bandits, that had to be somewhere nearby. In his current exhausted state, these spells might have been a little too much, and the gray eyed boy had to use his scythe's handle to remain standing..

"I don't understand you.. I just don't understand you..", Celio said in a tired voice. "I am a necromancer.. I raise things from the dead as a living. I force their spirits to remain in this world as undead beings, and I defy death. It's disgusting, it's evil, and it's wrong. I should be killed for what I have done..that I am afraid of death is an entirely different thing. How could you even think about befriending someone like me? How can you have all those ideals and morals in your mind?.. I'm not worth saving, and I don't deserve a friend.." And then, the boy remained quiet for a few moments.."But...if...for some reason...you still.. want to be my friend.. I..I wouldn't say no.."

Luna, a forest near Aeston

Luna watched in pure, naive awe as Celio went to work of bringing the wolves back to life, but she was only afraid of the creatures. She became alert, scared only of the thought that the wolves might jump and attack the group again; but once she realized that they didn't move, totally under the control of the boy, her happy, care-free attitude returned. She clapped vigorously, clearly impressed by the show of power, even if it was likely meant to scare her away. He spoke that he didn't understand her, and she noticed then how tired he was. He explained what necromancy was, and how awful and wrong it was...that he should be killed for what he did, and he didn't understand why she'd want to befriend someone like him. He said he didn't deserve a friend, but that he wouldn't say no if she still wanted to be friends. Her ears sunk a little. Perhaps, she decided, it was time to get a little more serious to connect with him a little better. He didn't understand what she'd been through, where she'd come from, and she couldn't blame him. She hadn't said anything of it, after all, but it felt like they had more in common than he realized.

"You know..." She said softly, "The same things were said about me as a child. I was called disgusting, that I myself was evil, that my existence was wrong, because I was the bastard child of an elven woman and a draken man. They wanted me dead. I was a disgrace to both bloodlines; I still am, I suppose." She frowned a little, but her eyes became soft and kind. "...remember how I said I don't like to judge people on a whim..? There was always a reason behind it..." Her smile returned in a gentle form. "And if neither of us is worth saving, if neither of us is desired by everyone else, then we atleast deserve the company of someone like ourselves, don't you think?" After this was when he explained that they could still be friends if she wanted that. Her eyes lit up, a large grin returned to her face, and she ran to him, nearly knocking him down as she wrapped him tightly in a hug. "Ooh, yay! Oh yay! Oho, I'm so excited!" She squealed, continuing to hug him tightly as she did. "I can't believe it; we're friends! Actual friends! Ooh, I promise you won't regret it! Aah, this is just so exciting!"
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun May 21, 2017 12:49 pm

Castle Crashers wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Celio Bianco
Near Aeston

Luna watched in pure, naive awe as Celio went to work of bringing the wolves back to life, but she was only afraid of the creatures. She became alert, scared only of the thought that the wolves might jump and attack the group again; but once she realized that they didn't move, totally under the control of the boy, her happy, care-free attitude returned. She clapped vigorously, clearly impressed by the show of power, even if it was likely meant to scare her away. He spoke that he didn't understand her, and she noticed then how tired he was. He explained what necromancy was, and how awful and wrong it was...that he should be killed for what he did, and he didn't understand why she'd want to befriend someone like him. He said he didn't deserve a friend, but that he wouldn't say no if she still wanted to be friends. Her ears sunk a little. Perhaps, she decided, it was time to get a little more serious to connect with him a little better. He didn't understand what she'd been through, where she'd come from, and she couldn't blame him. She hadn't said anything of it, after all, but it felt like they had more in common than he realized.

"You know..." She said softly, "The same things were said about me as a child. I was called disgusting, that I myself was evil, that my existence was wrong, because I was the bastard child of an elven woman and a draken man. They wanted me dead. I was a disgrace to both bloodlines; I still am, I suppose." She frowned a little, but her eyes became soft and kind. "...remember how I said I don't like to judge people on a whim..? There was always a reason behind it..." Her smile returned in a gentle form. "And if neither of us is worth saving, if neither of us is desired by everyone else, then we atleast deserve the company of someone like ourselves, don't you think?" After this was when he explained that they could still be friends if she wanted that. Her eyes lit up, a large grin returned to her face, and she ran to him, nearly knocking him down as she wrapped him tightly in a hug. "Ooh, yay! Oh yay! Oho, I'm so excited!" She squealed, continuing to hug him tightly as she did. "I can't believe it; we're friends! Actual friends! Ooh, I promise you won't regret it! Aah, this is just so exciting!"

Celio Bianco
Near Aeston

He just.. couldn't understand her.. when he had showed her his magic.. he really thought.. that it was going to scare her off. That by that, he was going to prove her just what a disgusting person he was...that he was going to prove her that he didn't deserve to have a friend..and he thought that she was going to understand, and just leave. But still..she started by telling him her story...it was so different from his.. but also so similar. She was wanted dead by her own people..she was hated and loathed for something that was beyond her control. And her soft and kind eyes, and her gentle smile.. really made him feel bad for her. And as she continued to speak.. much to his surprise..he actually believed her...that if neither of them were worth saving or desired by anyone else.. then they could at least accompany each other..and then, with a large grin on her face, she ran towards him. For a small moment there, Celio instinctively believed that she was going to attack him.. but what she did left him dumbfounded and bewildered.

She.. hugged him? The ashen haired boy flinched, unused to such a close contact with another living being..slightly turning red because of the embarrassment. She seemed to be so excited about it.. that even if he didn't want to..the necromancer actually believed her a little.. that what she said was true.. and even if he was still hesitating.. the thought of actually having a friend.. it was.. it was so nice.. too nice to ignore.."I.. I still don't understand you.. but.. thank you...I think...", the gray eyed boy said in a sheepish tone. "Then.. we're going to be friends..but.. I'm not sure how this works.. what's next?.."
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Sun May 21, 2017 5:46 pm

"We'll see about something equally juicy."

Aseela Zakaria

Aseela couldn't help but shiver at the prospect of returning not only with a prize, but wealth and riches from her travels to show for it. One year of travelling with this delectable woman was all it would take, and if they couldn't find whatever it was she was looking for, well...she would belong to Aseela, in body and eventually in soul once she had her way with Olivia. If they did happen to find what Olivia was searching for, then would the tables be turned? Would Olivia travel the world with Aseela in chains instead? The prospect though horrifying to some, did nothing but excite the Ra'shiq.

"Your proposal does....excite me." Aseela whispered into her lovers ear, not even caring for subtly anymore.

"I've never left the Clan for so long before. I've little knowledge of anywhere outside the desert, if you plan to venture there." Aseela's visage morphed into that of pleading, asking her lover not to leave her.

"I will need to speak to the High Priestess about preparations, and the terms of our little bet. Meet me back here in an hour dear?" Aseela hoped that wasn't too long for her little Olivia to wait.
Grand Britannia wrote:
Fenexia and holochrome wrote:I want /pol/ to stay in /pol/.

/pol/ shitposted someone into the presidency, it's too late for you.

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Sun May 21, 2017 8:16 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Castle Crashers wrote:

Celio Bianco
Near Aeston

He just.. couldn't understand her.. when he had showed her his magic.. he really thought.. that it was going to scare her off. That by that, he was going to prove her just what a disgusting person he was...that he was going to prove her that he didn't deserve to have a friend..and he thought that she was going to understand, and just leave. But still..she started by telling him her story...it was so different from his.. but also so similar. She was wanted dead by her own people..she was hated and loathed for something that was beyond her control. And her soft and kind eyes, and her gentle smile.. really made him feel bad for her. And as she continued to speak.. much to his surprise..he actually believed her...that if neither of them were worth saving or desired by anyone else.. then they could at least accompany each other..and then, with a large grin on her face, she ran towards him. For a small moment there, Celio instinctively believed that she was going to attack him.. but what she did left him dumbfounded and bewildered.

She.. hugged him? The ashen haired boy flinched, unused to such a close contact with another living being..slightly turning red because of the embarrassment. She seemed to be so excited about it.. that even if he didn't want to..the necromancer actually believed her a little.. that what she said was true.. and even if he was still hesitating.. the thought of actually having a friend.. it was.. it was so nice.. too nice to ignore.."I.. I still don't understand you.. but.. thank you...I think...", the gray eyed boy said in a sheepish tone. "Then.. we're going to be friends..but.. I'm not sure how this works.. what's next?.."

The half-Draken didn't notice his redness; she was too busy hugging him. Seeing that he wasn't totally rejecting her only made her happier. After a moment, she finally released him whilst wearing a big grin. "You're more than welcome!" She answered proudly with a slight nod. He then asked what was next, which she took as a mention of their newly-founded friendship. She thought, then, her expression quickly changing to one of concentration. "Hmmm...well...I'm not really sure. I've never really had friends before either..." She continued to think, before it almost looked as though a comical lightbulb had gone off in her head. "Oh, I know! I've seen other people do it; tell me a joke, and I'll laugh! Then I tell you a joke, and you laugh! That's what friends do, right? Make jokes??"

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun May 21, 2017 8:24 pm

Castle Crashers wrote:"I at least promise that nothing totally awful will happen to her while I can help it!"
Charlotte
Blackburn
Jawuz, 30th of Bylu, 396 MB

Charlotte stiffened as soon as Wulf touched her, and for a moment had to remind herself fiercely, he is a child. He's trying to reassure you. Stop being such a coward!

"...Thank you," she finally replied, her face softening into a smile. "That does help a little."
Castle Crashers wrote:"Make jokes??"
Calliope Starshine
Outside Aeston
I Don't Have A Clue What The Date Is, Bylu, 396 MB

"...Jokes, huh?" Calliope muttered to herself. "There's a joke right in front of me. Everyone's being happy and friendly, I just lost my best and only friend to a stupid wolf, and, oh, that's right..." Here, she raised her voice so it was clearly audible. "Well, if all of that's over with, I suppose I should just get going. Wouldn't want to get in the way of you two lovebirds."

Spindle
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Mon May 22, 2017 10:09 am

Olivia D'elle
Ra'Shiq Desert
Campsite

As Aseela gave her reply, Olivia felt a pressure loosen from around her chest and a light smile flitted onto her face. A moment later she tried to shift it, but it refused to leave, clinging stubbornly to her features as she considered what the two of them were going to have to get through to reach her goal. There was going to be travel, certainly, but she was going to have to cut out the worst parts of it - that meant cutting off some of the side-trips she had planned for the journey. Still, withdrawing slightly from Aseela's embrace, she knew that the small losses would be worth it. A companion as always welcome company, especially at a time like this.

"Of course." She nodded simply, "Take as long as you need. I'll be here for you once you're ready."
Disclaimer: Nothing said here is the product of a rational mind.
So...apparently I'm a decent writer. Um...wait, what?
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

And, of course, for anything at all, you can always go here.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon May 22, 2017 1:06 pm

Agnimukha Vasuman
Blackburn, Amaurri Territory
Juskouria

"Sure its an option." Agnimukha said and sighed, "But I get the point. So, lets try the Nightdawn Council then."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Arctica-Aleutia
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Arctica-Aleutia » Mon May 22, 2017 8:03 pm

Rose, the nosiest, most annoying girl this side of the globe
Doveport

Rose had exhausted all forms of entertainment she could come up with. There was no point in heading back inside; that would mean dealing with a woman who simply had to be the nastiest cleaning lady on Earth, and would not hesitate to punish Rose for abandoning her chores. She could try to find the orphanage's overseer; a thin, kindly, ancient lady of age 76, she was the complete opposite of the other lady mentioned and was the only person Rose had yet trusted with the fact that her brother was a vampire. Talking to her was always nice, but Rose decided that she simply couldn't bear being in that stuffy building any more that day.

So it was back to the rooftops. She expertly made her way to the main avenue. Wanting to check near the gate again, she crossed the orphanage street near the main avenue on a rope, tightrope style, as if she did it every day (she did). A lady on the ground below near the inn caught her eye, mostly due to the antiquated style of her clothing. She looked pale, almost like - yes, exactly like the irritable girl in the carriage.

Rose, of course, didn't know the danger in confronting this particular lady. She wouldn't have fully grasped it even if she new she was a vampire; after all, the only fanged individual she had known was Francis, and he was scared of his own shadow last time they had seen each other.

Thus, Rose barely hesitated before jumping down from a low roof and landing on a bench sitting down, as if it was something normal people did all the time (it wasn't). Just 10 feet from Elisabeth, the vampire would have to be blind not to notice the girl.

"G'day, ma'am," she began in her trademark Cockney accent. She waited for a response from the newcomer to the city.
NS Stats
Ask Questions Here!
CANONICAL CHANGE: Wyatt is now 29, not 19.
NEWS: Army helping Ottoman Republic forces attack the last ISIS strongholds in the region -- Prussian kaiser meets with President Larisa aboard the battlesteamer Kennedy -- This year's October Festival a grand success, larger than ever due to this being the 100th anniversary of the October Revolution -- Geologists express concern about submarine mining operations near Aleutian fault lines -- Egalitarian Front wins election, at least one more year for President Larisa
~Pray for John McCain~

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Tue May 23, 2017 2:32 pm

Charlia wrote:
Castle Crashers wrote:"I at least promise that nothing totally awful will happen to her while I can help it!"
Charlotte
Blackburn

Charlotte stiffened as soon as Wulf touched her, and for a moment had to remind herself fiercely, he is a child. He's trying to reassure you. Stop being such a coward!

"...Thank you," she finally replied, her face softening into a smile. "That does help a little."

Beowulf, Blackburn

The moment the boy noticed her stiffen as he touched her arm, he immediately pulled his hand back. He noticed the look on her face, one of fear...it was one that he was atleast a little used to seeing. It was because of him, though, wasn't it? Because of earlier? Because of his show of power? I shouldn't have done it... He thought negatively, I should've acted defenseless...I should've let it happen...why did I have to care so much? Regardless, he still forced a smile onto his face, and while he tried to hide it, it wasn't hard to tell that he felt a little off-put by her reaction. He'd only tried to comfort her, after all, and he knew nothing of what she'd been through. "...that's good..." He replied with the same smile before Agnimukha spoke up. It seemed they were heading to the Nightdawn Council now, but a thought struck Wulf's mind. "Uhh, what is the Nightdawn Council exactly?" He asked, confusion overtaking his hurt expression.

Charlia wrote:
Castle Crashers wrote:"Make jokes??"
Calliope Starshine
Outside Aeston
I Don't Have A Clue What The Date Is, Bylu, 396 MB

"...Jokes, huh?" Calliope muttered to herself. "There's a joke right in front of me. Everyone's being happy and friendly, I just lost my best and only friend to a stupid wolf, and, oh, that's right..." Here, she raised her voice so it was clearly audible. "Well, if all of that's over with, I suppose I should just get going. Wouldn't want to get in the way of you two lovebirds."

All had been well...at first. It was only when Calliope spoke above a mutter and called she and Celio lovebirds that her expression quickly changed. Her face turned red as she blushed, and she quickly turned towards the girl with embarrassed anger. "H-hey! That's not true, we're friends! Not lovebirds! We aren't in an intimiate relationship, nor are we avian creatures--well, atleast one of us isn't!" She defended herself and Celio, though she did remember she had wings--that counted as part avian, didn't it? She didn't know, really, but it didn't matter. She looked confused after a moment. "That's what a lovebird is, isn't it? I...don't really know...I just assumed from the two words in that name..." She said, looking off as she thought on this new revelation.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu May 25, 2017 3:41 pm

Varreck Krizenek
Myrefall, Azemar Territory
Myrefall Prison to be exact
Juhurq, 1st of Xukit, 396 MB

"Oh please, Mr. Haegler, although I appreciate it, there is no need to dust yourself off. It's a futile attempt anyway. You either need a full bath and new clothes or you just let go. Now, how about you have a seat?"

, Varreck said with a slight hint of amusement in his voice while looking at the dwarf from the shadows. He had carefully placed his furnishings to have a maximum effect on his guest. So now his armchair was placed in a way that would let the upper half of his body vanish in dark shadows while the dwarf would sit in bright light on a regular wooden chair. The table inbetween them held the bowl of fruits so that anyone could take some. On the wall to their side was a painting from his own little collection which had been brought in on his request. It was a depiction of how the painter imagined Ajun's punishment to have looked like, when he was torn into pieces and thrown into the seven pits. Varreck had acquired it long ago in his time as Count van Wangern. It hadn't been easy to acquire and cost him quite a lot but it was certainly worth it.

But back to the dwarf who, if the servant was to be trusted, was called Haegler. That name actually rang a bell in Varreck's head. During his time in the military, he had had a reputation for doing the more ruthless tasks. This reputation had brought him into contact with the magical department and the scientific department as both of them sometimes had to acquire...unusual and not exactly legal materials. So he basically went shopping for the development departmens of Azemar. And he remembered, that one of his clients who had requested special things was a certain Dietrich Ekerhart Haegler. He had never met the man in person though as the departments usually didn't want to be seen together with people as him. They took his services as long as it didn't become public. Anyways, he had never thought that that man had been a dwarf.

"A seat you say? Won't say no to that. My legs are aching like crazy. Got something to eat as well I see? Good, cause I haven't eaten much besides stale bread for a while now."

With that the dwarf simply dropped himself onto the chair and picked up an apple, inspecting it from all sides and then bringing it up to his mouth. But only milimetres from his teeth he suddenly stopped and looked at the apple again before looking at the bowl and then into the shadows where Varreck's face was. Varreck was already about to ask what was wrong before the dwarf tossed the apple right at his face, Varreck almost being too surprised by this sudden move to catch it.

"Ah, ah, ah! Not with me boy, gotta wake up sooner for that. You take the first bite. Could be an assasin, couldn't you? Pretty sure that the Draken would love to know my dead carcass rotting away here in Myrefall."

, the dwarf said with an annoying smile on his shaved face while waving his finger at Varreck. Varreck on the other hand was too awestruck by such insolence that he for a moment just sat there staring at the dwarf. But he quickly regained his composure. He had served with a pretty rough band of soldiers for Azemar and there insolency had not been uncommon. The one full year of luxurious prison apparently had made him too soft. With a smile he put the apple up to his lips, taking a bite before letting of a pleasured moan(?).

"Mmmmhhhhh, delicious. Want me to eat the rest of the apple as well? And then continue the procedure with every single fruit in the bowl? Believe me when I say this Mr. Haegler, there is no poisoned fruit in there and I do not have any intentions to kill you. In fact, in roughly a week I will be killed myself."

The dwarf gave him appraising look before taking one of the peaches in the bowl and carefully biting into it, chewing long on it with a concentrated expression as if to find out wether he could taste something strange before finally swallowing. And then there was no stopping Haegler as he literally slammed his head into the bowl and started eating everything up without even really using his hands. Varreck just watched with big eyes as the dwarf ate away. He then glanced at the apple he held in his hand. He was going to enjoy every bite of it long and carefully as it was the only thing left now.

"Say, Mr. Haegler, I believe to know you or atleast your name. Correct me if I am wrong but weren't you part of Azemar's military not too long ago? What happened? Did it have to do something with Draken or why do you think they are after you and want your death?"

The dwarf didn't even stop with his disgusting eating and answered with his full mouth:

"Well, I headed a weapons development and research department with the sole aim to eradicate the draconic menace. But it seems that their lackeys, the Draken have already long infiltrated the high ranks of Azemar and their allies and made them stop my program. Twice now. And with me now out of the way, I doubt anyone will still stand up to this vile conspiracy."

Now this was interesting. The Draken were one of the most respected people in this world and their bigger, smaller or more animalic brethren were both feared and praised. And with his banter about world conspiracy, this idiot basically declared the rest of the world and it's authorities as his enemies. And all who were running around as outlaws or rotting away in the prisons as people who had been disposed off by the conspiratists. And he was some sort of engineer or scientist if he headed a such a department. Someone like him probably would have been very useful as an ally but as it stood right now, he was in prison and going to die soon and that dwarf as well. And even if they broke out, they would have nowhere to go and would eventually be hunted, caught and killed.

"Nice to hear. I think I was once one of your deliverants. I am the infamous Count van Wangern, rank Colonel in the military. Or well, I was both of these two. I have been strapped off my lands long ago and my rank is also gone now. And in a week I will face my death sentence. However, if you want or need something from the boys in here, tell them you are sent by me."

Haegler was finally finished, licking his lips and letting out a satiesfied burp:

"I think I remember about you. Excellent service, delivered swiftly and in perfect condition."

,at that point he had to snicker:

"Though they didn't stay in that condition for long."

Being all open and revelling in memories in one moment, Haegler suddenly changed and locked the shadowy upper half of Varreck in his gaze:

"You're telling me that these prison inmates bow down to your will? They follow you?"

Varreck frowned when he heard these questions. It was clear that it was interesting why a captive living in luxury up here would have any control over the other inmates. But well, with a groan he started to explain:

"I am imprisoned and sentenced to death because of the countless heinous acts I and my unit have committed. The deliveries for you were part of these. Most of my staff and other leading figures in the higher and lower officer ranks as well as especcially cruel soldiers were sentenced as well. And we're all here. And we have kept our old allegiances and hierarchies and brought a new order to these inmates. Things have become much more disciplined here since we arrived. Why we're still alife? Well, I am because I was a well known and highly decorated member of the military so I got some time to enjoy my life in a cell but my execution is important for the image of Azemar's leadership and military so I will die surely. Most of my men on the other hand are kept alife because they are still soldiers and since Azemar is a crown contender, there is always a need for soldiers. So they are just serving prison sentences untill they will be needed. Only those, who openly and clearly showed that they would not fight for Azemar anymore under no circumstances, were quickly executed. The rest is still there."

Haegler just had to clap when he heard this and laughed loudly.

"Oh come on van Wangern, really!?! You have a whole major prison basically in your hands. If you just snapped a finger there would be a prison riot. Given the militarization of the inmates, as well as the relatively small and inexperienced amount of guards since most men are needed for a future war and only the worst stays behind for the rear duties, you could easily take over the prison. And you could just escape! What in god's name has kept you from doing so?"

So this was what the dwarf was on about? And in such a riot he would of course hope to get away himself and continue his lunacy against the arrogant Draken and Draconic Beasts. Merely breaking out and saving his skin?

"Haegler, do you you have any idea of how things work outside of your laboratories and testing grounds? If we managed to break out, which, as you already said, is indeed relatively easy, how would we continue? We have no place to go to, no safe haven from all those who will pursue us and try to bring us down. Azemar couldn't possibly let us live in their lands and live a parasitic lifestyle there. It would make them seem weak. Tell me Haegler, WHAT! WOULD! YOU! DO!"

At first during Varreck's rant Haegler seemed to shrink into himself in shame but near the end he got back up. He clearly had an idea. One that apparently negated everything he had just said.

"Well, apart from securing my research materials, I think I know a safe spot where I could pursue my research."

Now Varreck was actually curious. A safe spot? And what was Haegler researching again? Draconic Beasts as well as means to combat them? For that he would need something quite spacious and not too close to settlements so that they wouldn't notice. Such a space could indeed be of much use. Maybe he could retire there?

"Would you care to enlighten me about this place? If you do I could possibly offer help in securing and moving your materials as well as added protection at that place."

Haegler looked at him for a moment, clearly torn about wether he should tell Varreck about the place but in the end the practical means outweighted everything else. Besides, he was at Varreck's mercy anyways in this prison.

"Well...there is this tale cursing within the dwarven ranks. Back long ago during the the Great Under War, a small group of refugees set out to build a new city somewhere far away from the conflict. They travelled far far far east and took many hardships upon them untill eventually reaching the mountains at the edge of the Land of the Night. There they finally settled down. However, due to the strong presence of orcs in the area, they soon built a mighty fortress and developed into a people of brutal warriors with little remorse or guilt.

Their moralities where messed up and soon they turned the situation with the orcs around. The orcs became the hunted and they the hunters. And they built their city with the sweat and blood of countless orcish slaves. And so the city thrived but it existed only shortly. For only around 100 years later the Empire began it's great conquest of the steppes. It was then that they rose to the climax of their power and then to their downfall. With the orcs between them and the Empire like between hammer and anvil, they managed to make many slaves. And when the orcs were gone they were met with the Empire.

And that was their downfall. These dwarves may have been strong yet even they couldn't hope to stand up against the Empire. Yet in their arrogance they waged war against them anyways. And in the beginning it went well for them. Their heavily armed and combat experienced troops did very well at striking down the opposition. But there eventually was a breaking point. In a massive battle they gave it all against the Empire and lost it. And after that they were almost defenseless and the Empire marched against their city.

In the city the King would get nervous and call for total war. Many would be conscripted into the army to fight on the walls of the fortress. And to be fair, it was a great fortress, designed to be held by a few by a great many for a long time. But their downfall came when the Empire reached the gates of the fortress city. Ironic that the source of their thriving development would also be the source of their downfall. The orcish slaves deep in the mines of the city, now with very little guards and wardens to oppose them, revolted and together with the Empire they overcame the defenses of the dwarves and looted the city. The dwarven king on the other hand, seeing that the city was lost, ordered the mass suicide of the civilian population. And all who would oppose this would be murdered by his followers, fanatisized by the desperation coming from the defeat.

These events happened roughly 800 years ago and the city is still there. Or atleast that's the rumour. It was called Drech Bor back then."

Now this was something to think about! A whole ancient dwarven fortress city? This would be perfect. Simply great! There were only a couple problems apart from the most glaring one. It's close proximity to the Lands of the Night and the orc riddled Great Steppes on the way there. But both of these problems could probably be managed. But there was an important issue he had to ask about first:

"If this city was so great and all, then why is it that I have almost not heard of it and why is it not in control of imperial or atleast orcish forces? It would seem rational to occupy such a strong fortress city."

Upon hearing this Haegler snickered devilishly. It was clear that he had expected this sort of question.

"Oh, trust me, legend says they tried. But legend also says the place is haunted because of all the lives lost there and it's proximity to the Lands of the Night. So it was abandoned and probably still is else we should have heard of it by now."

Haunted? That could maybe prove a problem. But not to Varreck. For him, enough steel and human presence would always vanquish ghost or demon. Though he would have to gather a sizeable force to be able to cross the Great Steppes and still cleanse Drech Bor. A devious plan was forming in his mind. Maybe he could do much more than retire already...

"Thank you for this conversation Mr. Haegler. Now, the gentlemen in front of the door will surely escort you to your cell. You will most probably meet a group of inmates. Please, tell them from me that it is time. Have a good day Mr. Haegler."

Once the dwarf had left the cell, a smile crept across Varreck's face. Looking out of the window, he could see the sun set. He was about to take another bite from the apple in his hand when he noticed that there was nothing but the core left. With a laugh he threw it out of the window and into the yard.

"A prison escape just 7 days before my execution? I wonder if this is just coincidence or if there is more at work here than I can currently see..."
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Fri May 26, 2017 7:51 pm

"Of course." She nodded simply, "Take as long as you need. I'll be here for you once you're ready."

Aseela Zakaria

Aseela was ecstatic that Olivia had no qualms with her talking with the High Priestess first. After all, it was unlikely the High Priestess would let Olivia depart without convincing regardless. The woman before her was a good lay as well, and she was more inclined to let her leave with her mind intact than those who had disappointed her in the past. Looking around and grabbing the last of her clothing in order to be as decent as usual, she walked up to Olivia once more and engaged her in a passionate kiss. Nothing less should of been expected from a Cultist of the 'Goddess' of Lust.

"I will return shortly dear..." She whispered, cheeks red and obviously wanting to do more than just kiss.

A few hour later

Aseela returned to the tent, not with a look of disappointment, but one of cheeriness. She hugged Olivia around the waist and pulled her close.

"High Priestess Mamara has granted me permission to depart with you, under a single condition." Aseela thought nothing of the conditions and thought them fine, but she didn't know Olivia for more than a day and had no idea if she would object.

"As one who has partaken in laying with a Priestess and engaging in our festivities, you too shall bear the mark of Aogi". She traced a finger along Olivia's lower stomach where the mark would likely go.
Grand Britannia wrote:
Fenexia and holochrome wrote:I want /pol/ to stay in /pol/.

/pol/ shitposted someone into the presidency, it's too late for you.

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Fri May 26, 2017 8:03 pm

Arctica-Aleutia wrote:Rose, the nosiest, most annoying girl this side of the globe
Doveport

Rose had exhausted all forms of entertainment she could come up with. There was no point in heading back inside; that would mean dealing with a woman who simply had to be the nastiest cleaning lady on Earth, and would not hesitate to punish Rose for abandoning her chores. She could try to find the orphanage's overseer; a thin, kindly, ancient lady of age 76, she was the complete opposite of the other lady mentioned and was the only person Rose had yet trusted with the fact that her brother was a vampire. Talking to her was always nice, but Rose decided that she simply couldn't bear being in that stuffy building any more that day.

So it was back to the rooftops. She expertly made her way to the main avenue. Wanting to check near the gate again, she crossed the orphanage street near the main avenue on a rope, tightrope style, as if she did it every day (she did). A lady on the ground below near the inn caught her eye, mostly due to the antiquated style of her clothing. She looked pale, almost like - yes, exactly like the irritable girl in the carriage.

Rose, of course, didn't know the danger in confronting this particular lady. She wouldn't have fully grasped it even if she new she was a vampire; after all, the only fanged individual she had known was Francis, and he was scared of his own shadow last time they had seen each other.

Thus, Rose barely hesitated before jumping down from a low roof and landing on a bench sitting down, as if it was something normal people did all the time (it wasn't). Just 10 feet from Elisabeth, the vampire would have to be blind not to notice the girl.

"G'day, ma'am," she began in her trademark Cockney accent. She waited for a response from the newcomer to the city.

"Oh!" Elisabeth exclaimed. "It's you. The girl from the gate."

She took a moment to size Rose up. Her clothing was simple and utilitarian, a theme that applied to her appearance as a whole. Judging on looks alone, Elisabeth concluded that the girl must belong to the human lower class. Supposedly, said humans were the meanest of animals, for even lowly rats and birds had the freedom to do as they liked. On the other hand, serfs and the like were supposed to live brutish lives of manual labor, and the girl looked like she hadn't worked a day in her life - as was evident from the fact that she was randomly accosting strangers in the middle of the day.

Elisabeth tutted at the girl and waggled her finger. "What is a girl like you doing, running so carelessly around the city anyway? Don't you have somewhere to be?"
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Arctica-Aleutia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arctica-Aleutia » Fri May 26, 2017 8:17 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:
Arctica-Aleutia wrote:Rose, the nosiest, most annoying girl this side of the globe
Doveport

"Oh!" Elisabeth exclaimed. "It's you. The girl from the gate."

She took a moment to size Rose up. Her clothing was simple and utilitarian, a theme that applied to her appearance as a whole. Judging on looks alone, Elisabeth concluded that the girl must belong to the human lower class. Supposedly, said humans were the meanest of animals, for even lowly rats and birds had the freedom to do as they liked. On the other hand, serfs and the like were supposed to live brutish lives of manual labor, and the girl looked like she hadn't worked a day in her life - as was evident from the fact that she was randomly accosting strangers in the middle of the day.

Elisabeth tutted at the girl and waggled her finger. "What is a girl like you doing, running so carelessly around the city anyway? Don't you have somewhere to be?"

"I suppose so. But it isn't anything important. They always make me sweep the orphanage steps, but they always end up dirty again by the time I'm finished. Also, I like to keep tabs on newcomers."

Although Rose was certainly being very rude, she wasn't intending to be so and probably didn't know she was.

She frowned for a moment and looked Elisabeth straight in the eyes.

"If you don't mind me asking, are you quite well? You look paler than my brother, and he's a -"

She closed her mouth quickly. She couldn't tell just anyone that, after all. She looked closely at Elisabeth, and apparently judging her to be trustworthy through some roundabout method of reasoning, continued in a whisper.

"He's a vampire. Has been for seven years. A real nice sort, though. You won't tell, will ya? It's not fair to give out secrets, and I don't want him to get hurt."
NS Stats
Ask Questions Here!
NEWS: Army helping Ottoman Republic forces attack the last ISIS strongholds in the region -- Prussian kaiser meets with President Larisa aboard the battlesteamer Kennedy -- This year's October Festival a grand success, larger than ever due to this being the 100th anniversary of the October Revolution -- Geologists express concern about submarine mining operations near Aleutian fault lines -- Egalitarian Front wins election, at least one more year for President Larisa
~Pray for John McCain~

Sil Arion
Ambassador

Founded: May 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sil Arion » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:33 pm

Solas Iûalara
Blackburn
Juskouria
Jawuz, 10th of Bylu, 396 MB

“I’m home,” Solas whispered softly, but a breath on the evening breeze.

“Welcome home,” Lys replied warmly as she manifested, swirling slowly about him. Her handspan-high form danced with the wind; a lady-like ribbon of light with faerie wings arrayed as a rainbow of color set by the sunset sky. The subtle scent of the sea was stronger here as he breathed in the autumn air, so crisp and clean. Lys settled herself at his left shoulder, little hands braiding the fur-trimmed mantle of his cloak as Solas passed below the gatehouse.

His eyes widened with wonder as he gazed at Blackburn for the first time in two years. At long last, he felt. Especially after that protracted contract with the Nightdawn Council. An odd one; an artifact search-and-retrieval mission escalating into an intense hunt for and destruction of an entire coven of elder vampires and their thralls. Even extraordinary, accounting their coordination, various lairs and vast resources spread across several regions. Too, those – experiments. Solas shuddered. Their refusal to peacefully settle matters helped his resolve; foul, fell things, those were. Images reminding him all too closely of the Labyrinth.

No. He wouldn’t let his thoughts wander there. Not now. Focus.

Breath.

Hold.

Release.

Repeat twice.

Yes, he needed this. A rest of sorts to recuperate. Visiting the local guildhall could wait until morning.

Its sight much as Solas remembered them. Above him loomed thirty-foot doors, stout white stone bound in unstained steel. Below, the two, twin blackened braziers of brass, stands above his head. He felt those fires from over forty feet away, great signals beneath fifty-foot walls and towers taller still. Watchmen walked there, carrying crossbows or holding halberds in plated fists as they scanned the coastal plains and interior forest beyond. And on their backs, night-cloaks and high-flying banners fluttered proud and free the sigil of the Amaurri. His homeland.

The ten guards at the gates nodded to him, gaze lingering on his white cloak. Two even bowed, if ever so slightly. Solas returned the gesture, deeper in respect. He mightn’t know these warriors by name nor face, but they knew him. By their looks – battle-scarred, vigilant stares, that self-confident yet easy posture – these were veterans. Likely ones he had fought for, championed, or healed at wars’ end. The smile faint on his face broadened at that thought – these were men he had helped.

Seeing the fruit born of his labors after years; yes, it was well indeed.

Solas slipped into the flow of night traffic, amongst the many travelers and residents who moved indoors now; to dine, to bed or other affairs. Down the main way he heard great merriment. Soon he saw the square. There, dancing and song; the speech of hundreds amidst bonfires and tables. A party, perhaps? Celebrating a holiday? Hm. One he knew not; he had so few memories of childhood due to what happened then. If only –

But then Lys shifted at his shoulder, laughing brightly as her bejeweled eyes lit upon the scene. Pulling repeatedly at his cloak with her little hands, she turned her face to his while pointing to the dancers, the singers, the drinkers – all the people. Elegantly, he raised an eyebrow. She only tugged harder, snorting in exasperation even as she smiled giddily. They’d not attended such a gathering in – oh, how long? Solas searched his mind, trying to recall. Hm. He honestly couldn’t remember.

Apparently, it showed, for Lys arched a brow at him in return. Broad smile turning a tad sad, and a knowing glint in her gaze. But hopeful, Solas saw. As she always was; as he relied on her to be for him.

“Thank you, Lys,” came his heartfelt reply as he walked towards the square. The night was young, after all...
Last edited by Sil Arion on Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aiya! Elen síla lúmenn omentielvo! Call me Sil!

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:57 pm

Arctica-Aleutia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:"Oh!" Elisabeth exclaimed. "It's you. The girl from the gate."

"I suppose so. But it isn't anything important. They always make me sweep the orphanage steps, but they always end up dirty again by the time I'm finished. Also, I like to keep tabs on newcomers."

Although Rose was certainly being very rude, she wasn't intending to be so and probably didn't know she was.

She frowned for a moment and looked Elisabeth straight in the eyes.

"If you don't mind me asking, are you quite well? You look paler than my brother, and he's a -"

She closed her mouth quickly. She couldn't tell just anyone that, after all. She looked closely at Elisabeth, and apparently judging her to be trustworthy through some roundabout method of reasoning, continued in a whisper.

"He's a vampire. Has been for seven years. A real nice sort, though. You won't tell, will ya? It's not fair to give out secrets, and I don't want him to get hurt."

Elisabeth was right. The girl was definitely one of those useless vagabond types, as she had thought, and so after she finished mentally congratulating herself Elisabeth studied the girl once again under the lens of her newfound knowledge. Orphans in human society were those that had lost their parents, she remembered, and, when they lived in cities, they did so in special buildings, living under the care of a few adults. According to her parents, they were easy targets, cared for by none, but not especially tasty meals, as they tended to be badly malnourished. Although, Elisabeth reflected, this girl was certainly an exception. She was remarkably healthy, but that was hardly the most unusual thing about her.

Against all odds, her brother was a vampire. When the girl leaned forwards and casually confessed his existence, Elisabeth was astounded. Were vampires not feared and hated all over the world? Why would this stranger reveal such a dangerous secret to he? Surely, the girl was either playing a trick on her, or she was totally crazy, or...she actually suspected the truth. A shiver ran down her spine as Elisabeth considered that last option. If she were revealed now, it would be death - plain and simple. She had to make sure, and that meant taking care of this accursed orphan dogging her every step. She would need to be sneaky - given the slightest warning, the girl could summon doom with a shout.

Elisabeth pointed somewhere in the air behind the girl's head. "Hey, what's that?"

When the girl turned to look behind her, Elisabeth quickly whacked the back of her head, knocking her out cold with her superhuman strength. Thankfully unnoticed by her fellow market-goers, she scooped up the limp body and hastily trotted back to the inn.
Khasinkonia wrote:

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Arctica-Aleutia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arctica-Aleutia » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:03 pm

"Well, that wasn't very diplomatic..." were Rose's dazed words as she slipped unconscious.

This incident showed just how naive she was. A year of virtually ruling over the city's orphans had made her a bit too sure of herself. Of course, she wasn't reflecting on this now. At best, she was having fitful dreams about being kidnapped by a vampire or an orc or some horrible thing.
NS Stats
Ask Questions Here!
~Pray for John McCain~

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 05, 2014

Postby Abserdia » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:07 pm

Laelynn Vinge
Dove Nest's Inn
Trying to sleep

Laelynn really wanted to enjoy this nap. She's spent too much time awake and too little time asleep recently.
Unfortunately, the door soon opened and Elisabeth ran into the room. Laelynn very quickly sat up to see why the vampire came back so soon and glanced at the body of the orphan that they just recently spoke to.

Within a second she got up and stuttered, confounded by her speed in getting into trouble, the exact thing Laelynn told her not to do.
"W-w-w-w-w...
W-what did you d-do? H-how...
P-put her on the bed! D-did you do this?"

She moved to the side and tried to keep quiet to not get any attention.
Laelynn stared at Elisabeth, hoping to get a reasonable answer from her.
But she didn't expect anything reasonable. She expected something terrible.

I've made a mistake...
Black lives matter

Recommend me shoegaze and ambient music.

So long, Frank Lloyd Wright
I can't believe your song is gone so soon...
I barely learned the tune
So soon, so soon

Arctica-Aleutia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arctica-Aleutia » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:16 am

Abserdia wrote:Laelynn Vinge
Dove Nest's Inn
Trying to sleep

Laelynn really wanted to enjoy this nap. She's spent too much time awake and too little time asleep recently.
Unfortunately, the door soon opened and Elisabeth ran into the room. Laelynn very quickly sat up to see why the vampire came back so soon and glanced at the body of the orphan that they just recently spoke to.

Within a second she got up and stuttered, confounded by her speed in getting into trouble, the exact thing Laelynn told her not to do.
"W-w-w-w-w...

I've made a mistake...

Rose, or as she calls herself, 'The Black Rose of Doveport'
in a bed in an inn

Rose seemed to have transitioned from being knocked out to just being asleep, and was sleeptalking nonsense. Or at least it seemed like nonsense to everyone else.

"... mmph... I'm the Black Rose of Doveport, Queen of the Urchins, at your service... what? No, madam overseer, I've already swept the stairs twenty-six times today. I need to find Francis before the pale lady in the weird dress eats him... no, I didn't wash the dishes. The dishes can wash themselves... serves them right... why does the world keep spinning?... make it stop, I want to get off..."

Suddenly she sat up, awake.

"Where am I? What is this?" She glanced around and instinctively reached for her sword, only to find that it had been taken from her. "Stand back, I have a... flute... great. Just great. You know, I've had plenty of people get mad at me for being nosy, but this is new."

She glanced around again. Now wide awake, she could make out the forms of Laelynn and Elisabeth.

"You two. Especially you, you with the antiquey dress. I never should have said a word to you. You're with the Order of Yvdohr, aren't you? You want to kill my brother. This is why I don't share secrets. Well, let me tell you this, you can torture me all you want, but I'll never talk! You have no right to put him to death because of what he is!"

She waved her silver flute at Elisabeth like a sword. Right about then, she was hit with a splitting headache, most likely from being hit by Elisabeth. She fell back onto the bed, still holding her flute.

"Ughhh..."
Last edited by Arctica-Aleutia on Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
NS Stats
Ask Questions Here!
~Pray for John McCain~

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:31 pm

Dietrich Ekerhart Haegler
Myrefall, Azemar Territory
Myrefall Prison to be exact
Tiph, 2nd of Xukit, 396 MB

Haegler had been used to a lot. He had been used to working and living in the bad conditions of his dwarven laboratories. He had been used to wasting away in a dwarven prison. He had been used to camping out in the wilds in army camps. But none of that had prepared him for the dungeons of Myrefall. They were damp, rats were running around on the ground and his the wood of his plank bed was already rotting away. And he hadn't got any blanket or even straw. And this constant dropping water just depraved him of his sleep. But he still was a dwarf. And dwarves were a sturdy kind of people, able to weather anything that fate would throw their way. Even if fate was now temporarily on the side of the dragons, he would just have to endure it long enough and in time fate would return to his side. And when it did these Dragons would pay for everything they had done to him. He would make them suffer double, no, triple of what he had suffered!

These wonderful thoughts of revenge actually worked wonders as they were much like a lullaby for Dietrich's sore soul, making him drift over slowly into a deep slumber regardless how bad the circumstances were. But one thought did have to interrupt this wonderful lullaby of torment and destruction. Why did he have to talk to these prisoners again? It was a strange request but seeing as Van Wangern could make his stay in the prison a truly hellish experience he had done just as he had asked. The Colonel might only be alife for another week but if he would put these prisoners on him just once, they would continue to harass him for the whole duration of his stay. But what was it all about? It is time?

The realization came to Dietrich's tired mind in the same moment that the door to his cell was brutally blown out of it's angles. Haegler quickly sat up on his plank bed but the sudden movement caused the rotten wood to break and thus he landed on the ground instead. When he managed to get up again, massaging his aching arse, he was more than happy to see that his theory had come true. In the doorframe to his cell stood the person of whom he had previously not seen the upper half and even now, with the light coming in from the corridor, he could not see anything as the person's front was only a shadow. But he knew the silhoutte good enough to recognize the Colonel. He made haste to stand up and make a sarcastic bow.

"Oh my, Colonel van Wangern? I did not expect you to com by this late but I am a good host. Come in, come in! I am sorry that the furniture is not in it's best state right now but I hope I can make up for that with a delicious bowl of fruits of my own? Oh, I must apologize, I don't have any of those around here. But well, you are welcome anyways. Welcome down here in my little hell."

The shadow chuckled before turning around and leaving again, calling out to Dietrich in an amused tone:

"Oh Mr. Haegler, you certainly don't fail to amuse me. Did you ever consider becoming jester instead of engineer?

Now did your little show of witt just burn out your soul or why are you not following?"

Haegler of course hurried to get out of the ceel once he heard this. In doing so he came by his door which was lying on the ground. The key was sticking in there. And when he left the cell, the sudden light of torches blinded him. Blinking a couple times he could slowly make out contures around him. It only took him another 10 seconds to figure out that there was a couple men with muscles like bulls and the faces of bulldogs standing around him. It was easy to guess now who had forcefully disattached the door from it's hinges. And the next thing he noticed about them was how they all stared down at him. It was clear from their gazes that they did not know what to do with him but they didn't care apparently.

He quickly wriggled through them and sprinted down the corridor in order to catch up to the Colonel. While sprinting down the corridor, his sight slowly calibrating itself to the different environment, he noticed that several doors had already been broken down. The sound of wood cracking behind him also indicated that the musclemen behind him were busy bringing down even more doors. When he finally caught up, he had to rest for a little. Panting hard he supported himself with his hands on his knees. And he just so happened to look at the ground and noticed that his feet were standing in something red. A short glance to the right revealed the guard who had brought him into his cell and patrolled this corridor. Someone had torn the guard's head of before sticking it on one of the guard's limb hands.

Following the Colonel van Wangern, Dietrich was basically shown what was going on in the prison of Myrefall. Fires were raging while groups of inmates danced in the fires, shouted their slurs or sang songs. Dietrich could see the mutilated corpses of many of the guards, hell in some cases he could still witness how the prisoners played with them before killing them. It was an overall very disturbing scene yet within all this chaos he recognized a certain order. The people stuck to their groups and when the group suddenly decided to move, as if following a schedule, they followed. And yet, Van Wangern ignored all of this. He was headed somewhere else and he made a straight line there. During their walk an inmate ran up to them, quickly saluting to the Colonel he followed up with a quick report:

"Colonel, the groups Olbricht and Merkod have successfully freed the groups Lurch and Breckster. Group Holses is currently occupying the gatehouse. However, the groups Rif, Verk and Plokmar have run into trouble at the armoury. A sizeable group of guards is holding out there and we just can't break them. Do you have any other orders"

Van Wangern stopped for a moment, surveying the area and thinking about what to do. The idea came quickly.

"Gather as many living guards as we still have. Probably not too many. Let them tell the defenders what we are doing here. Of course over distance. Then let the boys have their fun with them. Make sure that the defenders can only hear the fun the boys will have and not see it and instead let them see our numbers. Their imagination will finish them off. Then a little probing attack once you are finished with the captives. If they still put up meaningful resistance then just gather the straw from the cells in which prisoners where fortunate enough to have it. Set it alight and throw it in there. We will smoke em out. Go!"

It was now that Haegler dared to ask:

"Uhm, if I may be so free, but what exactly are we doing? So far we haven't escaped. Nor have we participated in all the slaughter or done anything at all except walk towards a target that only you know."

Now, with the raging fires casting a flickering light on the location, Haegler finally saw parts of Van Wangerns face. The man was showed no sort of emotion on his face but deep in his eyes Haegler could see the satisfaction, no, a perverse happyness about the chaos and destruction around him. And that was when Haegler started to fear that they had not walked towards some specific destination but instead just made a casual stroll so that Van Wangern could have his fun.

"My dear Mr. Haegler. Starting from this day, I am your superior, your colonel. You will follow my every order and will only question it when you have not understood how to execute it. And I do not see how you could possibly fail to execute the order to follow me. But do not worry. We are soon at our destination and after this we will get going."

With that he abruptly turned around again and continued the walk, even faster this time, giving Haegler a hard time to keep up. But they at least quickly reached their target which was basically nothing else but a relatively small entrance to a basement at the side of a much larger construction. The Colonel ordered Haegler to open it up and Haegler, although no thief, eventually managed to break the lock and opened up for Van Wangern and followed him in.

Inside, things seemed a little bit dusty. Haegler could see quite a few items, mostly weapons stacked on shelves. But he had no time to waste on such profanities. The Colonel quickly went up and down the shelves untill he had found what he searched. A cuirass with with tassets as well as a pair of gauntlets and a sword. He took them all down from the shelf and looked at them as if he was holding his beloved in his hands. And then next thing he did was to drop them into Haegler's arms.

"Come on now Mr. Haegler. Help me with dressing myself."

And Dietrich could just not refuse and helped the Colonel to dress up. And with every single piece of armour he helped attach to the Colonel, he felt like van Wangern was regaining some sense of authority and all that. And when he was finally finished he stepped back in reverence and saluted. Van Wangern though did not even take notice of this. He just looked up and down his sword before he sheathed it, a devilish smile appearing on his face.

"And now Haegler, the escape really starts. This here was nothing but a mere prelude to the things to come."
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:22 pm

Arctica-Aleutia wrote:
Abserdia wrote:Laelynn Vinge
Dove Nest's Inn
Trying to sleep

"W-w-w-w-w...

I've made a mistake...

Rose, or as she calls herself, 'The Black Rose of Doveport'
in a bed in an inn

Rose seemed to have transitioned from being knocked out to just being asleep, and was sleeptalking nonsense. Or at least it seemed like nonsense to everyone else.

"... mmph... I'm the Black Rose of Doveport, Queen of the Urchins, at your service... what? No, madam overseer, I've already swept the stairs twenty-six times today. I need to find Francis before the pale lady in the weird dress eats him... no, I didn't wash the dishes. The dishes can wash themselves... serves them right... why does the world keep spinning?... make it stop, I want to get off..."

"Where am I? What is this?" She glanced around and instinctively reached for her sword, only to find that it had been taken from her. "Stand back, I have a... flute... great. Just great. You know, I've had plenty of people get mad at me for being nosy, but this is new."

She glanced around again. Now wide awake, she could make out the forms of Laelynn and Elisabeth.

"You two. Especially you, you with the antiquey dress. I never should have said a word to you. You're with the Order of Yvdohr, aren't you? You want to kill my brother. This is why I don't share secrets. Well, let me tell you this, you can torture me all you want, but I'll never talk! You have no right to put him to death because of what he is!"

She waved her silver flute at Elisabeth like a sword. Right about then, she was hit with a splitting headache, most likely from being hit by Elisabeth. She fell back onto the bed, still holding her flute.

"Ughhh..."

While the girl pontificated to herself on the bed, Elisabeth pulled Laelynn into a corner.

"It's the girl from before," she hissed. "She's been stalking us this entire time, and I'm pretty sure she knows I'm a vampire. Apparently her brother is one too, so she probably recognized me somehow." She glanced back at the girl to make sure she was still incapacitated on the bed. Satisfied that the urchin wasn't going anywhere anytime soon, she pulled Laelynn back to the center of the room to face the girl on the bed.

"Alright!" she began, "Listen up! You are going to answer all of our questions, or else." She glared at the girl. "First - why were you following us? Why is your bother a vampire? Why are you so obsessed with vampires anyway?"

As Elisabeth stared at the girl, her eyes began to glow a dull red. The pupils diluted into a swirling mess of color as Elisabeth focused her hypnosis spell on the unfortunate girl in front of her.
Khasinkonia wrote:

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Arctica-Aleutia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arctica-Aleutia » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:44 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:
Arctica-Aleutia wrote:Rose, or as she calls herself, 'The Black Rose of Doveport'
in a bed in an inn

"Ughhh..."

While the girl pontificated to herself on the bed, Elisabeth pulled Laelynn into a corner.

"It's the girl from before," she hissed. "She's been stalking us this entire time, and I'm pretty sure she knows I'm a vampire. Apparently her brother is one too, so she probably recognized me somehow." She glanced back at the girl to make sure she was still incapacitated on the bed. Satisfied that the urchin wasn't going anywhere anytime soon, she pulled Laelynn back to the center of the room to face the girl on the bed.

"Alright!" she began, "Listen up! You are going to answer all of our questions, or else." She glared at the girl. "First - why were you following us? Why is your bother a vampire? Why are you so obsessed with vampires anyway?"

As Elisabeth stared at the girl, her eyes began to glow a dull red. The pupils diluted into a swirling mess of color as Elisabeth focused her hypnosis spell on the unfortunate girl in front of her.

"Hmph! Clearly, you're just a demon hunter who thinks you can get me to tell..."

She suddenly stopped arguing, more due to noticing Elisabeth's red eyes than due to the hypnosis.

"Oh... your eyes, and I feel dizzy... you're a vampire, not a demon hunter, aren't you? That's much better. I'll talk. My brother Francis and I are the children of a priest in Paethsmouth. When Francis was 8 and I was 6, a real crazy vampire broke into the house and got to him before dad could do anything. Dad was always a good swordsman and he got rid of the vampire, but Francis had been bitten. The doctors said he probably wouldn't survive turning back into a human, so mom and dad didn't have any choice but to get some blood from the hospital for him through... shady methods. We kept it secret for a while and dad homeschooled Francis, but three years later the Order of Yvdohr caught wind of it and raided the family manor. Mom and dad got killed, but me and Francis escaped out the back. We got separated about a week later, and I haven't seen him since."

She tried to pause, but the hypnosis had taken a firm hold on her by now and urged her along.

"As for you... something seemed off about you, if you'll forgive me saying that. By the time I saw you outside, I had become convinced that you were either a vampire or a demon hunter. I was leaning toward the former, but that changed once I realized you had gone and kidnapped me. The reason I wanted to talk to a friendly-seeming vampire is I thought you might know where Francis is. They say vampires travel in groups. Look, I didn't mean to freak you out. I don't know how you people normally act. Francis is the only other vampire I know, and he's about as pacifistic a person as you're likely to ever meet. I just don't want you to kill me or whatever. Heaven above, you can even make me into a vampire if you can tell me where he is. Hmm... being a vampire could actually be pretty cool, I think... that awful lady wouldn't be able to make me do the dishes anymore, I can tell you that..."

Suddenly the hypnosis forced her back on topic, and her voice became more distant and monotone.

"That's all I have to say. What else do you need to know?"
Last edited by Arctica-Aleutia on Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
NS Stats
Ask Questions Here!
~Pray for John McCain~

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 05, 2014

Postby Abserdia » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:46 pm

Laelynn Vinge
Dove Nest's Inn
Tired and wanting no part of this

As Laelynn was regretting her choice to take a nap, the vampire grabbed her arm and dragged her to a corner in the room, explaining what was happening.
She certainly seemed heated about it and Laelynn wasn't too surprised that Rose was stalking about, but felt like it happened way too quickly.
In fact, her entire day had been way too quick for her. The only time she was given a break for more than a few minutes was when her 'partner' hid under a blanket for a bit because of some humans and the sunlight.

"C-can you slow down a bit? I-I don't really understand what's going on-..."
Right after she finished speaking, the purple-eyed vampire turned around and started questioning the little girl, bringing Laelynn into this way too much.
"All of our questions?
I-I never agreed to do this..."

Laelynn stepped back and watched from a distance. She didn't like this at all. The threat and hypnosis was too much for her to be apart of and she still didn't really know what was going on.
I'm way too tired for this...
Last edited by Abserdia on Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Black lives matter

Recommend me shoegaze and ambient music.

So long, Frank Lloyd Wright
I can't believe your song is gone so soon...
I barely learned the tune
So soon, so soon

Sil Arion
Ambassador

Founded: May 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sil Arion » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:00 pm

Solas Iûalara
Blackburn
Juskouria
Juhurq, 11th of Bylu, 396 MB

“That went well!” Lys exclaimed, looping in the air before his face as she grinned.

“Hm. I suppose so,” Sol answered lightly – and a bit ambiguously at that – before passing through guildhall’s looming doors. Briefly, he paused there, “I was swindled of course, if knowingly. The bounties were worth much more than that payment, after all. Four-fold, almost. As usual.” Indeed, such was the pattern, though he paid it little heed; his needs for it were few, and wants fewer. Coin alone couldn’t acquire what he desired, if at all. But his musings may wait until later. He had a new mission now, one of seeming urgency.

Swiftly then, he descended the steps of the entrance portico, white granite and marble colonnades gleaming brightly beneath the afternoon sun. At its landing stood silent and vigilant four mage-rangers in two pairs, spear-staves of enchanted steel and silver in hand. Great warriors they were; tall and broad-shouldered, well-armed and armored, garments in green and gold sown with the crest of the Nightdawn Council. Their eyes fell upon him, one nodding as he walked by.

A man whose face and name he recalled slightly - a Lieutenant Alaric, perhaps? Hm. From that escort two years ago? Curious. His crest now bore the tab of a Captain. But Lys demanded his attentions, flitting around.

“Yes!,” his partner affirmed, grin turning to a wry smile while she hovered above him. Then she wagged a tiny finger back and forth, continuing, “But money doesn’t matter. You kept your word. You saved lives. And made me happy!” Spinning up about his head, she settled there as if reclining in a chair of air. Posing dramatically as though utterly pleased with herself and totally at ease. Which she was, Sol knew well.

“Love of honor above all else, Lys?” he acknowledged wryly; his response per their normal routine. One born of their many years together. But one he never minded giving back.

“Obviously!” she assured him, standing now with hands on her hips and expression smug. And as she looked down at him, asking, “What is ever worth more?”

“Only you, dearest Lys,” he quipped, laughing lightly as she stuck out her little tongue at him. Made all more adorable by her sideways pose, glowing with happiness and faery-wings fluttering like a butterfly. She shone in vibrant violets in pale lilac and deep lavender with in shifting bands of bright, warm yellow-gold, sky-blue and the cheery pink of cherry blossoms.

Yes, pleased she certainly was - he wouldn’t oblige otherwise. Not when he'd enjoyed the celebration as much as her. Sol had only her to thank for that - and so much more. So very much.

Down main street he went. Strolling past the great square where he had danced and sang the night away the previous day. Beyond the streets, by the long lines of colorful, cozy shops and quaint brick townhouses situated above them in levels of two or three. All the while, a companionable silence between their two as Lys drifted about while he walked; drinking in the last sights of Blackburn. And all the way to the gates and through again.

So off to Doveport he left, with a letter and artifact to deliver there. And a warning of what to watch for on the road ahead.
Aiya! Elen síla lúmenn omentielvo! Call me Sil!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse