NATION

PASSWORD

Age of Change {IC|OPEN|Sign-Up in OOC}

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu May 11, 2017 6:15 am

Dire Wolves
Near Aeston, Amaurri Territory
Juskouria
Tiph, 25th of Bylu, 396 MB

The Dire Wolves circling Francis finally charged him as he remained on the ground. The larger one went for his neck, and the small one went for the feet. Francis would only have time to hit one before the other dug its teeth into him. He'd have to choose.

The Dire Wolf whimpered as it jumped back after the sword pierced its side. It wasn't dead yet, but it was slowly weakening. It stood there for a moment before falling were it stood.

Luna had made quick work of the Dire Wolves that attacked her. The one that had bit down on her arm was now trapped in ice against a tree, it tried to escape to no avail. The other Dire Wolf was not as lucky. Despite the fact that it had successfully clipped the half Draken's wing, it was now dead.

Nahlonsikkendaar
Aerilon, Azemar Territory
Juskouria

Nahlonsikkendaar stood there at the bar in one of the many taverns that existed in Aerilon. He would have sat, if not for the fact that sitting in a human tavern was uncomfortable for him. So he stood, with a mug in hand, drinking. His plan was in the morning he'd make his way to Paethsmouth. Why Paethsmouth? Well, he happened to over hear a traveler in the tavern saying that there was something strange going on in Paethsmouth after midnight. But for now, he'd enjoy his night.

Agnimukha Vasuman
Unnamed Village of Freed Slaves
Red Rock Mountains
Huxius, 26th of Bylu, 396 MB

"I understand." Agnimukha said, "You don't look much older than I... so about eight or nine years ago you would have just been in those teen years correct? Eight or nine years ago I would've left her as well. Nine years ago I was... Well... you probably figured out this about me... but I was a slave nine years ago. About nine years ago I discovered my magic power through losing everything. Now, eight years ago was when I regained what I had lost. A mother... Who is currently in this room with us now. Why don't you make yourself known mother?"

Mor'dur the Giant
Approaching Qozoz Ghuz
The Great Steppes

The drums of war could be heard in Qozoz Ghuz as the Orcs of Qozoz Ghuz quickly gathered and prepared to defend against a threat that was approaching. The warband of Mor'dur could now see Qozoz Ghuz on the horizon. At the front of the marching force, Mor'dur lumbered on. As they got closer it became more clear that Qozoz Ghuz's army had been preparing for them. Wooden barricades stood between Mor'dur's warband and the walls of the stronghold. Not only that, but the army of Qozoz Ghuz stood at the ready.

Doesn't look like they will go down without a fight... Mor'dur thought as he signal for a stop. There was a silence that hung over the two forces for a minute or so before Mor'dur raised the Hammer of Zoysus and gave a mighty war cry. The warband charged. The army of Qozoz Ghuz answered with their own war cry and charge. The battle for Qozoz Ghuz had begun.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu May 11, 2017 6:58 am

Celio Bianco
Near Aeston

For a few moments.. it seemed that his luck had run out. Despite his intention to kill the first wolf in a rather brutal way, his weak swing was slow enough for the beast to be able to evade it. And before the tired Celio was able to react, the monster jumped over him, knocking him to the ground, and forcing him to drop his scythe With its front paws on its shoulders, the wolf tried to bite his throat. Panicking, the grey haired boy tried to let his short folding blade fall from the special pocket inside the sleeve of his robe, but before he was able to grip the handle of the sword, something hit the beast that was standing over him, knocking it off. Before he was even able to realize what was happening, the necromancer reacted instinctively, finally managing to unfold the blade, and as he tried to stand up, he used the blade to pierce the wolf's throat, trying to cut its jugular. Without even having time to breathe, Celio used his other hand to send an even stronger fire bolt at the other beast that had attacked him...
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu May 11, 2017 7:16 am

Castle Crashers wrote:"Yeah, practice makes perfect."
Mara
Outside Paethsmouth

Mara grumbled something incoherent, doing her best to stalk on ahead and only managing to look completely adorable as she did so. It was hard for someone so tiny to look anything other than adorable, especially when trying to look upset.

That was frustrating.
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:"Why don't you make yourself known mother?"
There was only one appropriate response to this, and Alyss gave it willingly.

"What."

Great. I was being watched by this idiot's mother this whole time? Someone just kill me now.

She was not looking forward to this.

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Thu May 11, 2017 7:37 am

Jailyn Nepveld
Woodland, west of Doveport
Azemar territory

Jailyn didn't really bother much with waiting for the man to climb into the saddle, but nevertheless soon found herself locked in conversation once more as he had mounted his garron, having left the more muddy path - although the mud itself hadn't left the man, himself, just yet. The demon hunter looked at him, to the right, just behind her. "Trying to find your companion again, then? For how long have you been like this, on your own, now? You do look older than the average squire by quite a bit." She raised an inquisitive eyebrow at Devan, peering at him. "Although I might be mistaken, of course. Wasn't born into nobility and have never been much involved with such dealings."

"Now, as to answer your question..." Jailyn fell silent for a brief moment, pondering on just how much she'd tell the man. There was little harm to be done in just telling him the truth, she supposed - he had already guessed as much on his own, anyway. "...yes, I am a Demon Hunter. Have been for... what, sixteen years now, I think? Yes, it's the year 396, so... sixteen years." She took a moment to think before responding to the second question that had followed. "What is it like..? A very good question, and I'm not sure how to explain. I suppose it's not for the faint of heart, for one. I think an important thing to remember is that demons and their ilk are... extremely varied. One might ask you riddles and attempt to kill you if you do not give the right answers, while letting you go if you do give the right answers to them, perhaps even rewarding you for it. Another might be some sort of winged butcher, stealing cattle and peasants alike, carrying its prey away to its lair. Yet another one could be a great seductress of men, while others might be fiendish little devils that haunt graveyards for corpses to eat with their little friends. Dealing with them is, perhaps, like dealing with people. They are all different, and they all require different ways of approaching or dealing with them. Does that make any sense to you, or have I been talking rubbish?"

Sniffing the air around her, Jailyn let out a sigh. By all that was holy, tanneries really did smell an awful lot sometimes. Looking up, she saw smoke in the distance, coming from the town's local tavern. Excellent - it meant that she could soon get herself something to eat and drink, and that her current travelling companion could get himself cleaned up a little.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu May 11, 2017 7:53 am

Dire Wolves
Juskouria

Celio's blade was on point but second fireball missed, as the Dire Wolf with the flaming face managed to jump out of the way. The fire was now out, leaving the Dire Wolf with a burnt face, and a new found grudge with the necromancer. The Dire Wolf that he'd gone for the throat of did not move fast enough and the blade cut right across leaving it dead. The second Dire Wolf now charged at Celio.

Agnimukha Vasuman
Red Rock Mountains

"Aww..." A feminine voice said coming from the flames of the fire pit. The fire started to charge form, it slowly became more clear as the fire took the figure of a young woman. Colour started to change, and by time the figure stepped out of the flames it looked like any normal human. "How did you know I was in the room my little phoenix?"

"The flames ignited slightly faster than they should've." Agnimukha said without looking at her, "Alyss, this is my mother... Xephine... the goddess of fire."

"Hello Alyss." She said with a smile and walked up to her, "By the way, that girl you were just talking about is alive. I wish I could say that she was alive and well, but she's not well."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu May 11, 2017 7:58 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:"I wish I could say that she was alive and well, but she's not well."
Alyss Hartryne
Maybe...

"...I should probably be surprised by this," Alyss said slowly as Xephine appeared, "but I'm really not. Hi. I hope you don't expect me to start kneeling and saying I'm unworthy or anything. Call me impudent, but that's not something I do. Anyway... there is one thing I am surprised by. How on earth did that girl not kill herself years ago? She was right on the edge of it, I know that much. And how do you know, anyway? Is she a follower of yours? Don't tell me she's one of your kids, too."

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu May 11, 2017 8:41 am

Agnimukha Vasuman and Xephine
Red Rock Mountains

"I know that." Xephine said, "As for how she never killed herself, I don't know. As for how I know... I'm an omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent being after all. Someone doesn't need to be my follower for me to know about them, its only the details that I won't know because she's not my follower. She is a follower of Ouna though, she'd be better at answering your questions about her. Though its hard to get to speak with her, since well, she's stuck in the underworld. And no, Agni here is my only child at the moment. Anyways, you had a few things to ask me Agni."

"Yes... I did..." Agnimukha said and walked up to his mother and started to whisper something before he stepped back.

"Oh. Okay." She said and nodded, "You do get that from me. And those are natural feelings."

"Thanks." Agnimukha said and turned to Alyss, "Okay, I'm ready to go if you are. I'll follow you to were ever you want to go."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Taber
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Taber » Thu May 11, 2017 9:41 am

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness wrote:---

Devan Beaumont
Azemar territory

Devan shifted a bit in the saddle, listening with a mixture of interest and horror on how nonchalantly Jailyn described monsters of the infernal domain. Perhaps it was more telling that he had never encountered one, much less fought one. Although these abominations were obviously present in the world, not everyone experienced them in the way a Hunter of them does. That begged the question of what Order Jailyn was sworn to, but he knew that question was best not asked. He flicked with his gloved fingers some of the mud off his chest, as it had thankfully dried a little and made it easier to remove; at least some of the bigger chunks.

Doing some numbers in his head, the squire could only estimate the age of the woman. "16 years a Hunter. Mhm. She either started very young or is much older than she appears. Her youthful face is deceiving." His thoughts bounced around his mind, as his eyes looked at the back of Jailyn, as if visually focusing on her would answer the question.

"It wasn't rubbish. I understand what you mean," Devan began, "as much as one can understand normal people being compared to grave-robbing monsters and flying terrors." He chuckled briefly to punctuate his brief humor. It was then that the squire's voice noticeably, but involuntarily, changed a bit. "I have been a squire for 11 years now... my companion and I have been separated for five of them." His tone sounded both introspective and melancholy in a way. Looking skyward, Devan shallowly sighed at the signs of the village coming up. It was a small mercy, both for the cleaning and for this Demon Hunter to perhaps not dwell on his current status and be more focused on practical things. Still though, they both were going to end up at the same place: the tavern. By now, the shapes of the outlaying huts could be visible through the thinning trees.

The Burning Sun
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Thu May 11, 2017 11:39 am

Abserdia wrote:Laelynn Vinge
On the edge of a forest, west of Doveport

She didn't plan to be out this long. All she needed to do was get some plant and bring it to a man who admitted that he was too weak to get it himself. She didn't know why he needed it, but it didn't really matter all that much. She was happy helping someone with an apparently important task.
However, it seemed like the plant was rather rare.
Laelynn searched the area he told her to look for it multiple times, but no luck.
She thought about quitting and getting back to Doveport, but decided against it.
She had a bit more time to look, she just had to branch out from the main area a bit.

I'm just thankful I haven't bumped into anything dangerous like a vampire yet...

With the thought of vampires and man-eating monsters in her mind, she gripped her rapier tightly and continued with her search as the sky drew darker and darker.

Eventually, Laelynn would approach a clearing in the wood, barely illuminated by the fading sun. The open glade was one of Blackwood's hidden wonders, and the fortunate few who lay eyes on it are invariably stunned, for in direct defiance to Blackwood's gloomy atmosphere grew a beautiful field of flowers. Muted shades of purple and blue waved gently in the wind, blending with the fiery orange sunset as it reflected off the surface of a small, crystal clear spring to create a scene almost too picturesque to be reality. In the center of it all, resting on a small boulder, sat a young woman with light hair and a basket of flowers.

Elisabeth(for that was her name) silently picked through the flowers in her basket, idly weaving them together while watching the sunset and waiting for night to fall. As she reflected once again on the events that had brought her to that place, a light breeze rolled through the clearing and she breathed deeply, savoring the fresh air.

Suddenly, she shifted, nose wrinkling in surprise as she detected something unusual in the air. She stood, sniffed the breeze a few more times, and turned to look directly at Laelynn's position in the woods.
"All that we see or seem/Is but a dream within a dream" - Poe
TBS, M.D | Founder of the Mechanics' Guild | EST 9-9
because my self-esteem is so low
TriStates wrote:+100 Tri-Points
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

I award you ten points for the nickname. Which will buy you...
more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu May 11, 2017 12:28 pm

Celio Bianco
Near Aeston

Breathing heavily, Celio removed the blade from the now dead wolf's throat. Under normal circumstances, he would have immediately tried to resurrect the beast.. but he had no time. Reacting instinctively, the ashen haired boy prepared his blade for the attack of the second beast, as he used his magic to create a small, circular shield of fire that was floating over his right arm. Bracing for the charge, the necromancer was now ready to fight, keeping the jaws of the monster away from himself, while using the blade to make it suffer.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu May 11, 2017 12:54 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:"Okay, I'm ready to go if you are. I'll follow you to wherever you want to go."
Alyss Hartryne
A QUEST

"...If you don't know everything, then you're not actually omniscient, are you?" Alyss asked pointedly, raising an eyebrow. "But I suppose that's enough impudence for now. Being turned to ashes doesn't exactly rank very high on my to-do list. Ouna, huh? I'm not too surprised by that. As for where..." She sighed. Alive, but not well. Now that I know that, I couldn't say anything else, could I?

She turned to Agnimukha, her face completely solemn. "Now that I know she's still alive, I have to do something to help. If you're still willing to follow... Hey. Xephine. Do you know where she is now? Or at least an approximate location?"

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 05, 2014

Postby Abserdia » Thu May 11, 2017 12:59 pm

Laelynn Vinge
Inside a glade, west of Doveport

Laelynn paused when she saw the glade.
Her eyes widened in awe as she looked across the flowers and spring before her. She almost didn't notice the woman looking at her.

Taking a second to take in the field, she sheathed her rapier and walked across the flowers, making sure not to trample on any of them.
She looked closely at every flower to search for the plant she was searching for. It was supposed to be purple and there certainly was a lot of purple here. But it didn't seem like it was here.
Maybe it's in her flower basket...

Laelynn soon spoke to ask for an introduction.

"Um...
Hello?
M-may I ask for your name and what you're doing here, miss?"
Black lives matter

Recommend me shoegaze and ambient music.

So long, Frank Lloyd Wright
I can't believe your song is gone so soon...
I barely learned the tune
So soon, so soon

Arctica-Aleutia
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Arctica-Aleutia » Thu May 11, 2017 1:02 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Dire Wolves
Juskouria

The Dire Wolves circling Francis finally charged him as he remained on the ground. The larger one went for his neck, and the small one went for the feet. Francis would only have time to hit one before the other dug its teeth into him. He'd have to choose.

Francis
Near Aeston

Francis gave the wolf targeting his neck a horizontal slash to the throat area. If that worked sufficiently, he would then bring his sword down hard on the wolf pulling at his feet, doing his best to ignore the pain.
NS Stats
Ask Questions Here!
CANONICAL CHANGE: Wyatt is now 29, not 19.
NEWS: Army helping Ottoman Republic forces attack the last ISIS strongholds in the region -- Prussian kaiser meets with President Larisa aboard the battlesteamer Kennedy -- This year's October Festival a grand success, larger than ever due to this being the 100th anniversary of the October Revolution -- Geologists express concern about submarine mining operations near Aleutian fault lines -- Egalitarian Front wins election, at least one more year for President Larisa
~Pray for John McCain~

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Thu May 11, 2017 3:49 pm

Jailyn Nepveld
Azemar territory

"Good, good. I am glad you understand, then. As for the rather... obvious difference between people and grave-robbing monsters, I have found that people can do an excellent job at fulfilling that... occupation on their own just fine. Not everybody is a gallant squire, after all." Jailyn nodded slowly, as if to confirm the words she had just spoken. "Granted, I doubt a lot of people will ever get to become a flying terror, either." She snickered a little.

The Demon Hunter looked behind her for a brief moment, her head tilted as she peered at Devan, still riding behind her atop his garron. "Eleven years? That's quite a long time squiring indeed. Been separated from your companion for five, now? Doesn't sound like you're planning on meeting him again any time soon, then. Unless you're really struggling to find him, but I somewhat doubt that. Might as well call yourself a proper knight, really, but that's none of my concern in the end." She shrugged, letting out a sigh, turning her eyes back to the path in front of her, the two getting closer and closer to the village.

"Right, before I forget," Jailyn began as they approached the village, "this place is named Hazelpond. Bit of a dull name, I suppose, but you'd do well to remember it. Locals like it when you know what name they've given their home." She nodded again, before steering her horse for the local tavern, the woman clearly quite eager to get out of the saddle, and to get herself a well-earned drink.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Thu May 11, 2017 3:57 pm

Laelynn paused when she saw the glade.
Her eyes widened in awe as she looked across the flowers and spring before her. She almost didn't notice the woman looking at her.

Taking a second to take in the field, she sheathed her rapier and walked across the flowers, making sure not to trample on any of them.
She looked closely at every flower to search for the plant she was searching for. It was supposed to be purple and there certainly was a lot of purple here. But it didn't seem like it was here.
Maybe it's in her flower basket...

Laelynn soon spoke to ask for an introduction.

"Um...
Hello?
M-may I ask for your name and what you're doing here, miss?"

Elisabeth stared at the girl as she approached. The shriveled, broken thralls of her parents were one thing, but this was a real human in the flesh. Even from several meters away, Elisabeth could smell the blood pumping through her veins. It was a heady, overpowering musk tinged with, improbably enough, a hint of wildflowers and fresh fruit. It was everything she had ever wanted rolled up into a single indescribable scent, and she nearly tackled the girl on the spot.

Only nearly, though. Her parents had forced her through long hours of training to resist this exact temptation, and so Elisabeth was able to answer with only the slightest hint of a waver in her voice.

"My name is, um, Elisabeth. I'm exploring the woods, as is my wont. And...what about you? I've never seen people like you before!"
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Thu May 11, 2017 5:07 pm

Juskouria

The Dire Wolf whimpered as it jumped back after the sword pierced its side. It wasn't dead yet, but it was slowly weakening. It stood there for a moment before falling were it stood.

Luna had made quick work of the Dire Wolves that attacked her. The one that had bit down on her arm was now trapped in ice against a tree, it tried to escape to no avail. The other Dire Wolf was not as lucky. Despite the fact that it had successfully clipped the half Draken's wing, it was now dead.

Luna, A forest near Aeston

After finally defeating her pair of Wolves, she laid where she was, breathing heavily as she tried to recollect herself. Her wing stung, and her arm was pulsating with pain...but she knew it could probably be worse. After a moment, she struggled back to her feet, remembering that all of the others were still likely in danger. She had to help them; it was essential! It was incredibly important! How could she be a hero if she never saved anyone? She quickly made her way back to where the others were, but it looked as though they already had everything under control...still, as relieving as that was, she made sure to stay completely alert in the event that someone did need her help. She was a little disappointed, though; today was not going down in her list of Heroic Deeds.
Charlia wrote:
Castle Crashers wrote:"Yeah, practice makes perfect."
Mara
Outside Paethsmouth

Mara grumbled something incoherent, doing her best to stalk on ahead and only managing to look completely adorable as she did so. It was hard for someone so tiny to look anything other than adorable, especially when trying to look upset.

That was frustrating.

Beowulf, Leaving Paethsmouth

Wulf watched as she tried to look mad and stomped ahead, and while she tried to look imposing, the boy couldn't help but find it amusing. It was quite adorable, especially for someone close to his age. Not that he found her especially cute or anything--but her attitude was. Wait, no, that still sounds wrong... He thought, near embarrassing himself mentally. The act she's putting on, I mean--not her! Clarified in his mind, he jogged a little to catch up to her, his hand still wrapped around the strap of his bag. "I'm not so sure you should head ahead if we don't all know where we're going..." He said, and then decided to be a little playful with her and grinned subtly. "There could be wolves out there..."
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu May 11, 2017 6:31 pm

Dire Wolves
Juskouria

The Dire Wolf that had gone for Francis' was stopped when the blade slided across its throat. But before Francis could swing down to the Dire Wolf that hd grabbed his leg, the Dire Wolf started to shake him, making it not only hard to hit it, but near impossible. After dragging and shaking Francis for a moment or two, the Dire Wolf let go, throwing him into a tree. The Dire Wolf then charged at him again.

The Dire Wolf with a grudge was not scared away by the fire shield. When it got close enough to leap at him, it did. Right toward the fire shield. Its muzzle went through the shield and its jaws snapped closed on the necromancers arm. If it was going to die in flame, it was going to take Celio with it.

Agnimukha Vasuman and Xephine
Red Rock Mountains

"Now I wouldn't do that." Xephine said and smirked, "Unless you harm my little phoenix, that is. As for where she is. Umm... Let's see... Juskouria... Near one of the three human cities around Lake Vanans. Maybe one of the two that also sit on a river that empties into the Lake. That's the best I got... Oh dear, Angi you look a little pale."

Agnimukha froze at the word Lake, and to make things worse a river was mentioned. "I... I... I'm fine...." He said and took a breath, before looking to Alyss, "Sure. I'll come with you."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Arctica-Aleutia
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Arctica-Aleutia » Thu May 11, 2017 6:37 pm

Juskouria

The Dire Wolf that had gone for Francis' was stopped when the blade slided across its throat. But before Francis could swing down to the Dire Wolf that hd grabbed his leg, the Dire Wolf started to shake him, making it not only hard to hit it, but near impossible. After dragging and shaking Francis for a moment or two, the Dire Wolf let go, throwing him into a tree. The Dire Wolf then charged at him again.

Francis
near Aeston

Francis stood up despite being in pain. He bared his fangs at the wolf and hissed, while sidestepping the wolf and thrusting his sword into its side. He did his best to stay focused, but the blood resulting from the battle was making it difficult to do so.
NS Stats
Ask Questions Here!
CANONICAL CHANGE: Wyatt is now 29, not 19.
NEWS: Army helping Ottoman Republic forces attack the last ISIS strongholds in the region -- Prussian kaiser meets with President Larisa aboard the battlesteamer Kennedy -- This year's October Festival a grand success, larger than ever due to this being the 100th anniversary of the October Revolution -- Geologists express concern about submarine mining operations near Aleutian fault lines -- Egalitarian Front wins election, at least one more year for President Larisa
~Pray for John McCain~

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu May 11, 2017 6:39 pm

Castle Crashers wrote:"There could be wolves out there..."
Mara
Outside Paethsmouth

"..." Mara turned to Wulf, tilting her head slightly. "What's a wolv?" She pronounced it oddly, ending it with the harder 'v' sound instead of the softer 'f' it should have been--as if she'd just taken off the '-es' and decided that was good enough.

At this, Charlotte shook her head. "She's never seen one," she said quietly to Wulf, in an attempt to explain the girl's cluelessness. "To be honest, neither have I. Until now, we never really got the chance to go this far from... home. So she never really needed to learn what a wolf was... and it was difficult enough teaching her simple things, so I... I may have overlooked a few things." She smiled, although it was without any real humor. "Mara, a wolf is a wild animal. It's like... like a big dog, except more dangerous."

Mara frowned. "Wolf? Sounds like your name," she declared, pointing at, well, Wulf. "Why're you named Wolf?"
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:"Sure. I'll come with you."
Alyss Hartryne
QUESTING

"I make no promises," Alyss said flatly to Xephine, "but I'll at least try not to strangle him out of sheer frustration. You really do have a problem, don't you?" she added as an aside to Agnimukha. "Maybe I'll help you with that. A little exposure therapy, y'know? Take you to a river. And drop you in it. I hear that sort of thing works."

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Abserdia » Thu May 11, 2017 6:51 pm

Laelynn Vinge

Laelynn looked over Elizabeth. She looked to be human and maybe a few years older than herself.
But what confused Laelynn was her question and curiosity.

"E-... excuse me? What do you mean by that? H-have you never seen another human before?
I-I don't mean to be rude or anything, I'm just confused by what you said..."

Laelynn stepped closer and glanced at Elizabeth's flower basket. Hopefully the flower she was looking for was in there, but if it wasn't or if Elizabeth didn't want to give it to her, she would have to call the search off for today.
Last edited by Abserdia on Thu May 11, 2017 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black lives matter

So soon, so soon

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Thu May 11, 2017 7:14 pm

Laelynn looked over Elizabeth. She looked to be human and maybe a few years older than herself.
But what confused Laelynn was her question and curiosity.

"E-... excuse me? What do you mean by that? H-have you never seen another human before?
I-I don't mean to be rude or anything, I'm just confused by what you said..."

Laelynn stepped closer and glanced at Elizabeth's flower basket. Hopefully the flower she was looking for was in there, but if it wasn't or if Elizabeth didn't want to give it to her, she would have to call the search off for today.

Elisabeth humphed at Laelynn."I'll have you know, I've seen plenty of humans before. Most of them were pretty old and shriveled, though - not young and pretty like you and I!"

Elisabeth giggled at the compliment and took Laelynn's chin, tilting her head back and forth to study the girl's face from different angles.

"Besides," she continued, "none of them ever carried swords. I thought humans were mostly farmers who lived together in towns and such. What are you doing out here by yourself, at night, with a sword, anyway?"
Khasinkonia wrote:

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Thu May 11, 2017 7:19 pm

Juskouria

The Dire Wolf with a grudge was not scared away by the fire shield. When it got close enough to leap at him, it did. Right toward the fire shield. Its muzzle went through the shield and its jaws snapped closed on the necromancers arm. If it was going to die in flame, it was going to take Celio with it.

Luna, A forest near Aeston

Seeing her chance to help immediately, she wasn't quick enough to stop the wolf from latching onto Celio's arm, but she was to stop the damage from going much further. Instantly, she shot the wolf with a layer of ice, which swallowed the wolf whole where it was. No further damage could be done because it's jaw would be frozen in place. Then, angrily, she approached the frozen wolf and Celio before she brought her claws at full force down onto the wolf. It would likely either shatter the wolf, or seriously injure it.

Charlia wrote:
Castle Crashers wrote:"There could be wolves out there..."
Mara
Outside Paethsmouth

"..." Mara turned to Wulf, tilting her head slightly. "What's a wolv?" She pronounced it oddly, ending it with the harder 'v' sound instead of the softer 'f' it should have been--as if she'd just taken off the '-es' and decided that was good enough.

At this, Charlotte shook her head. "She's never seen one," she said quietly to Wulf, in an attempt to explain the girl's cluelessness. "To be honest, neither have I. Until now, we never really got the chance to go this far from... home. So she never really needed to learn what a wolf was... and it was difficult enough teaching her simple things, so I... I may have overlooked a few things." She smiled, although it was without any real humor. "Mara, a wolf is a wild animal. It's like... like a big dog, except more dangerous."

Mara frowned. "Wolf? Sounds like your name," she declared, pointing at, well, Wulf. "Why're you named Wolf?"

He had to resist the urge to laugh as she mispronounced the plural of wolf. It didn't quite work; he let out a small snicker as he thought of a way to correct her. "It's wolf," He said with a smile. "Woolf, make sure you pronounce the f more." Charlotte approached, then, explaining that neither she nor Mara had ever seen them, or really knew what it was. He understood that, if she'd lived in a city all her life, she probably wouldn't know such things that were common knowledge for travelers like he. She explained it pretty well, too; a big dog, but dangerous. He probably couldn't have worded it better. Even then, he was almost surprised when she mentioned that it sounded like his name. It was true, the two names were pronounced the same way. But...she didn't just ask that. She asked why he'd been named that, too. A pang of guilt struck his heart as he thought about his friend he'd left behind, the one that'd dubbed him that in the first place. "Beowulf is too complicated!" He remembered him saying. "You know what's easier and cooler? Wulf!"

He swallowed. "It's a nickname that my friend gave me, since he thought my name was too long. My full name is Beowulf, but everyone just found it easier to call me Wulf." He smiled again, and looked a bit prideful. "Plus, it sounds pretty cool, don't you think?"

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu May 11, 2017 7:26 pm

Castle Crashers wrote:"Plus, it sounds pretty cool, don't you think?"
Mara
Outside Paethsmouth

Mara looked contemplative, and then nodded. "Yeah! It sounds really cool, 'specially if it's like a scary animal, 'cause then it makes you sound scary! But if you have a cool name, you have to make sure you're just as cool!" she added enthusiastically, pausing before finishing with, "But you seem pretty cool already, so don't get too worried or anything, okay?"

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Abserdia » Thu May 11, 2017 7:33 pm

Laelynn Vinge

Laelynn was about to ask what exactly Elizabeth was until she grabbed her chin and moved her head around.
Laelynn pushed back her arm and took several steps back.
"I-I appreciate the compliment, Elizabeth..." She said with a very slight blush but a general look of nervousness.
"But please do not grab my chin like that..."
She doesn't much like strangers touching her without warning, naturally.

She looked back at her and spoke again.
"My name is Laelynn Vinge, and I'm looking for a certain purple flower in these woods..."
She looked at Elizabeth again, wondering what she could be.
She looks human but talks as if she's unfamiliar with them. She can't be Dwarven or Elven either...
"Excuse me, but what a-are you? Again, I-I do not wish to be rude, I'm just curious..."
Last edited by Abserdia on Thu May 11, 2017 7:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Black lives matter

So soon, so soon

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Thu May 11, 2017 7:40 pm

Charlia wrote:
Castle Crashers wrote:"Plus, it sounds pretty cool, don't you think?"
Mara
Outside Paethsmouth

Mara looked contemplative, and then nodded. "Yeah! It sounds really cool, 'specially if it's like a scary animal, 'cause then it makes you sound scary! But if you have a cool name, you have to make sure you're just as cool!" she added enthusiastically, pausing before finishing with, "But you seem pretty cool already, so don't get too worried or anything, okay?"

This time, Wulf did laugh. "That doesn't make you scared of me though, right? Hopefully only in rumors I'd sound scary, so no one would have the nerve to challenge someone named after such an animal!" He grinned, and looked at her. "Well, I'd hope to think of myself as cool...but I'm glad that you want to reassure me of it! Thanks."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse