NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations ( OOC, Open )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Granis
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:08 am

Alright, so after literally months of writing and rewriting this one post, I've finally made my second one! Hooray!

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:57 am

Granis wrote:Alright, so after literally months of writing and rewriting this one post, I've finally made my second one! Hooray!

I'd honestly forgotten you were in this RP :P
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Oudland
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Oudland » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:32 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Oh, though Oud? I should note that your cavalry (which I think I saw you post about having) can't really be cavalry with what you have at present. Without selective breeding and things like stirrups/saddles, the horses won't really be able to carry men, and those that risk damaging the horses' spines even for a little while will be ineffective at fighting from atop them; without a saddle, leaning down from atop a horse to fight with a sword or spear means men are literally just going to fall off or be pulled off, not possess any real advantage.

Just so you're aware for the upcoming battle with the rebels.

Thanks G, i'll edit when i have a chance and start writing a post.
Utopia
New Amerik wrote:...and Barry said, "Let there be no Spam, and let my Mods rule the Forums, that there may be no Spam." And thus the Spam was Locked. And it was Good.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:15 am

Oudland wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:Oh, though Oud? I should note that your cavalry (which I think I saw you post about having) can't really be cavalry with what you have at present. Without selective breeding and things like stirrups/saddles, the horses won't really be able to carry men, and those that risk damaging the horses' spines even for a little while will be ineffective at fighting from atop them; without a saddle, leaning down from atop a horse to fight with a sword or spear means men are literally just going to fall off or be pulled off, not possess any real advantage.

Just so you're aware for the upcoming battle with the rebels.

Thanks G, i'll edit when i have a chance and start writing a post.

Excellent, I was about to get out my poking stick to encourage people to post.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Conwy-Shire
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Conwy-Shire » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:14 pm

oh, Civ Admin account died :(
guess that means we won't be getting an updated OP?
Aurelian Stoicist
Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.

The Real MVP

Civilizations OP
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Civilizations OP » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:23 am

Conwy-shire wrote:oh, Civ Admin account died :(
guess that means we won't be getting an updated OP?

Naw, it means I just had to go dredge up the account password :P

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:18 am

Hmm, I think I will update the OP today, and get a post out. Normally I don't like to post with such a small gap, but we could use some action.

Achidyemay
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Achidyemay » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:44 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Excellent, I was about to get out my poking stick to encourage people to post.

Don't you worry G, I got your fresh post right here
Dear Sir: Regarding your article 'What's Wrong with the World?' I am.
Yours truly,
G.K. Chesterton

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:34 pm

Righto, that delayed map update is going up. Sing out for territorial issues once I have it posted.

Civilizations OP
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Civilizations OP » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:56 pm

And there we go, map and roster up to date. Feel free to invite friends now :P

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:49 pm

Civilizations OP wrote:And there we go, map and roster up to date. Feel free to invite friends now :P

Could you please put me on the roster? I joined in the last OOC, but only managed to get a new post out recently.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:53 pm

Granis wrote:
Civilizations OP wrote:And there we go, map and roster up to date. Feel free to invite friends now :P

Could you please put me on the roster? I joined in the last OOC, but only managed to get a new post out recently.

Hmm. Did you ever copy over your application? If you didn't, that's why I didn't catch you.

Ulls
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:00 pm

For the map, the Atvarkians were in red in western Michigan.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:46 am

Ulls wrote:For the map, the Atvarkians were in red in western Michigan.

Righto, I'll add them in. Anything else in your neck of the woods not looking quite right?

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:22 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Ulls wrote:For the map, the Atvarkians were in red in western Michigan.

Righto, I'll add them in. Anything else in your neck of the woods not looking quite right?

No, next post will have me start up the Grand Campaign and start making up designs for longer ships for the travel.

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:35 am

Granis wrote:

Hmm. Did you ever copy over your application? If you didn't, that's why I didn't catch you.

Ah, no, I didn't. I'll copy it over now.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:43 pm

Whats everybody's color scheme? ( royal coat of arms and the like)
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:32 am

Kelmet wrote:Whats everybody's color scheme? ( royal coat of arms and the like)

For Ego I'm going to have their color scheme be navy blue, red, and green. Though the flag is the white with a black owl-like creature which is the Night Owl as the religious creature that steers Ego towards the future( and away from the Imperium).

Achidyemay
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Achidyemay » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:33 am

Kelmet wrote:Whats everybody's color scheme? ( royal coat of arms and the like)

I'm thinking of going a green/gold/white scheme that loosely reflects the growing pattern and eventual rice harvest, despite this the seal I have is exclusively black and is designed to be stamped on to things more or less as a trademark. Plus, when it's time, the type of government I'll be going for will be represented by a triangle (Illuminati style) for stuff and reasons. I don't have a flag, mostly because I'm picky and this vexillology thing is all new to me. But at the moment we're still <Generic Proto-Sino-Vietnamese Colony #2835> so I've got time
I'm curious what everyone else has.

Dear Sir: Regarding your article 'What's Wrong with the World?' I am.
Yours truly,
G.K. Chesterton

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:06 am

Right now the Imperium has a single banner, a black anchor on a white field with black border stripes at the top and bottom of the ensign. That's mainly because I love the Seleucids. In the future though, I'll probably also incorporate a two headed eagle motif, representing the dual powers of the Emperor and the Hegemon.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:51 am

Beautiful answers you three thumbs up.

I'm torn, I really like the combo of Black and red but it would be easy for me just to rip of House Stark.
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:28 pm

Oh, Kelmey? It's probably worth noting that there aren't any Danes or Swedes, only dozens of petty tribes being integrated.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:08 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Oh, Kelmey? It's probably worth noting that there aren't any Danes or Swedes, only dozens of petty tribes being integrated.

I figured it would be something like the the Angles and the Jutes and the Saxons upon further research. I just kept the modern ethnic groupings I'll be sure to start using the old school classifications in the future.

Kelmey? I like that a little more than I should.
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:17 pm

Kelmet wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:Oh, Kelmey? It's probably worth noting that there aren't any Danes or Swedes, only dozens of petty tribes being integrated.

I figured it would be something like the the Angles and the Jutes and the Saxons upon further research. I just kept the modern ethnic groupings I'll be sure to start using the old school classifications in the future.

My phone at first called you Kelsey and I had to correct it, I guess I missed the "y". :P

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:21 pm

Kelmet wrote:I figured it would be something like the the Angles and the Jutes and the Saxons upon further research. I just kept the modern ethnic groupings I'll be sure to start using the old school classifications in the future.

My phone at first called you Kelsey and I had to correct it, I guess I missed the "y". :P

Its growing on me. :hug:
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse