NATION

PASSWORD

Persona: Unconquered Fate (Fantasy-MT/High School, OOC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:27 am

Rupudska wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:Strength was claimed, fourth post from the top of this page.

Incorrect, an app for Strength was made, it depends on who finishes the app first/whose app I like better.

Well, may the best app be accepted then.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:41 am

I expect it to.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:45 am

APPLICATION:
Name: Willow Holt
Sexual Orientation: "Pffffffff..."
Appearance: WH
Ethnicity: Scottish-Germanic
Nationality: American

Personality:Willow is a quiet girl who gets done what needs to get done, but swears like a sailor and is loyal to a fault. She avoids alcohol and tobacco and pop music. A person with the patience of a saint, and a rage heavily repressed because of it. She can be slightly absent-minded at times, yet is insanely knowledgeable about specific topics.
Likes: History, reading Tom Clancy novels, rainy spring days, music, airsoft, spaghetti westerns.
Dislikes: Loud noises, misunderstandings, people not calling their hits, being roped into things.
Fears: Being left behind, falling, excessive blood.
Hobbies: Builds models, plays airsoft, and reads a lot.
Skills: Can sprint fast due to weighing about 140 pounds soaking wet. Able to eat most anything she wants without gaining weight.
Weaknesses: Physical strength and endurance
Bio: Willow was never a girly-girl. And coupling that with her name, she was prime material for excessive bullying in school. It got so bad that she had moved all the way from the Midwest town she lived in to attend high school at Montana del Rey. It was a good thing she had family out here, and was able to live with an older cousin who is going to college and an aunt. Despite not getting much of a reprieve from the students or the climate, she found it was easier here than back home. She'd have to move back once she graduated, though. But it would be worth it to not have to worry about it interfering with her studies. She is a good girl with good grades, and enjoys learning about history. After all that time though, she's learned to cope with the name-calling and such. However, this coping is more bottling up of the emotions, which while unhealthy, seems to have no real adverse effects other than perhaps being a bit too eager to let things roll off her back in an effort to ignore things.

Willow's religious faith has not faltered despite the growing rise in cynicism and atheism in her generation, and considers herself devout but not blindly following. It gives her something to confide into, even if others do not believe in it. She spends her off time playing video games, listening to music, reading techno-thiller novels, or playing airsoft. She has her own kit and keeps upgrading it steadily when she gets money for her birthday or Christmas. One of the things she wants to do in the future is historical reenactments, but that costs a lot more than what she's doing right now so that's far off the playing board. Willow is now a senior in her highschool, hoping to avoid becoming a "super senior" by making sure her class credits get earned. It wouldn't be so hard if math wasn't so difficult, and be proxy chemistry and physics.
Weapon: M1 Bayonet
Gun: ICS M1 Garand

Persona Name: Saint Michael
Persona Appearance: Saint Michael the Archangel
Persona Arcana: Strength
Persona Element Affinity: Bless
Persona Elemental Weakness: Curse
Persona Skills:
  • Kouha
  • Cleave
  • Dia

Theme song: A Quick Death in Texas
RP Sample: Fooey, I run GAMA. Despite it not taking off too well with the reboot.
WITNESS MY RESOLVE! (Do Not Remove)
Last edited by Monfrox on Mon May 08, 2017 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:01 am

Accepted.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:12 pm

Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to have your characters decide to get a gun after getting involved in this RP?

Just seems like a drag to me to have to invent a reason in the bio for my character to have any kind of weapon. Being involved in supernatural life-or-death scenarios is probably one of the best reasons you can have to get a weapon or a gun.

I intend to have Leila acquire herself a Colt Paterson 1836 from a pawn shop as soon as she has a free afternoon after shit goes down. Or maybe something else.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:14 pm

Esternial wrote:Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to have your characters decide to get a gun after getting involved in this RP?

Just seems like a drag to me to have to invent a reason in the bio for my character to have any kind of weapon. Being involved in supernatural life-or-death scenarios is probably one of the best reasons you can have to get a weapon or a gun.

I intend to have Leila acquire herself a Colt Paterson 1836 from a pawn shop as soon as she has a free afternoon after shit goes down. Or maybe something else.

Family heirloom?

I plan to repeat somewhat of my first character and have his dad be on the police, along with being a gun collector. Thus he'll take one of them from the cabinet.

Also I can't tell if we're doing what they do in P5 where if the enemies we fight believe the gun is real it will act like it does in real life.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:36 pm

Esternial wrote:Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to have your characters decide to get a gun after getting involved in this RP?

Protection is a good reason as any. Nevada (and Clark County) allow both open and concealed carry of pistols, and like all cities Vegas has muggers.

And that's actually a terrible choice for a gun because if you were to actually find a working black powder gun in the US, especially one that old, it would easily cost as much as a new Ferrari. And that's if there's no history attached to it.

Meanwhile a 9mm Makarov weighs half as much, carries almost twice as many bullets, and costs $400.

The Valyria Empire wrote:Also I can't tell if we're doing what they do in P5 where if the enemies we fight believe the gun is real it will act like it does in real life.

We will, but real guns will do more damage, and some enemies won't be fooled - bosses, namely.
Last edited by Rupudska on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:41 pm

Rupudska wrote:
Protection is a good reason as any. Nevada (and Clark County) allow both open and concealed carry of pistols, and like all cities Vegas has muggers.

And that's actually a terrible choice for a gun because if you were to actually find a working black powder gun in the US, especially one that old, it would easily cost as much as a new Ferrari. And that's if there's no history attached to it.

Meanwhile a 9mm Makarov weighs half as much, carries almost twice as many bullets, and costs $400.

Stop ruining my fuuuun.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:46 pm

Esternial wrote:
Rupudska wrote:

Stop ruining my fuuuun.

Stop having such delicious tears. And they still make new revolvers.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:29 pm

[dolphin sounds]
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Founded: Nov 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:33 pm

Rupudska wrote:[dolphin sounds]

IC.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:37 pm

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:
Rupudska wrote:[dolphin sounds]

IC.

With how many characters we currently have? Ridiculous. Besides, it's been one day. I never put the IC up that quickly.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:39 pm

Rupudska wrote:
Monarchy of Japanada wrote:IC.

With how many characters we currently have? Ridiculous. Besides, it's been one day. I never put the IC up that quickly.

is key to activity

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:43 pm

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:
Rupudska wrote:

is key to activity

So is active OOC discussion. If you're that hungry for IC activity we have a Discord for now. I'm not putting up the IC after one day. I haven't even started it. Discuss your character's relations to/opinions of other characters, other interests besides what's on the app, bits of their past or interests too minor to put on it.
Last edited by Rupudska on Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:29 pm

Just wanted to say I'm still in this, and I'm working on my Hermit Arcana app. For a Persona based on a mythological character with an aquatic theme, would Ice be the most appropriate Element Affinity to choose, or should other factors be considered?
Signatures are so 2014.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:05 pm

Utceforp wrote:Just wanted to say I'm still in this, and I'm working on my Hermit Arcana app. For a Persona based on a mythological character with an aquatic theme, would Ice be the most appropriate Element Affinity to choose, or should other factors be considered?

Yes.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Ulls
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:22 pm

I like Persona but I don't have much faith in my writing ability in character RPs.

Still, I like to try and make either a Hierophant or Hanged Man User and hope for the best.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:49 pm

Did someone say we have a small cast? Time to throw this in,
APPLICATION:
Name: Clay Kensworth
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Appearance: 6'4, 220 pounds. Has a scar on his right thigh from a shooting accident. Fairly well defined muscles. Prefers to wear dress shirts and pants to school. He will sometimes wear suit jackets on cooler days. On the weekends or free days he'll usually wear polos and Henley shirts.
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Nationality: American (California)

Personality: If one looks up the definition of upbeat, they would find a picture of Clay. Clay is the life of the party, and one of the biggest names on campus.

Clay never lets the mood get down, and is always there to support others. However, he is rebellious at times but never loses his happy demeanor. Clay is a very smart person, however what time he could spend studying he is usually with friends.
Likes: Parties, Friends, Hanging out, A good beer, Freedom.
Dislikes: Not getting invited to parties, laws that are too strict.
Fears: Being abandoned, living alone.
Hobbies: Baseball Player, Going to the shooting range, Carousing
Skills:
  • Fantastic Pitcher/Batter - Clay use to be an excellent batter for the team, however once he got his injury he switched to pitcher where he has grown into the team's main pitcher.
  • Pretty Good Marksman - Due to his father taking him to the range since he was young, Clay has developed into a great shot.
  • Quite Intelligent - Clay is a very intelligent person, however with his horrible scheduling he rarely studies thus leading to mediocre grades.
    Weaknesses: His right leg suffered a gunshot wound a few months ago, thus his leg is much weaker. He can't exactly break out into a sprint or put too much pressure on it.

Clay has horrible management skills, especially when it comes to time. Thus leading to days where he will get nothing done.

Stress is a high factor in Clay's life, thus his hair went grey faster than normal. While he dyed the rest to grey, the effects from the stress are still there. His mind can be rather occupied at the worst of times.
    Bio: Clay was born and raised in San Francisco, California. His father, Jonathan Kensworth worked as a police officer and his mother as a doctor. His parents were able to provide an excellent childhood due to their well paying jobs. However, his father would eventually be transferred to Las Vegas bringing his family with him.

Clay transferred into the new school system fairly smoothly. His freshman and sophomore years went by without a hitch. He joined the baseball team, and became one a MVP in short time. Eventually this would change once he reached the end of his junior year.

In act of violence against his father, a gang did a drive by on his house. With both of his parents at work, nobody ended up injured besides Clay who received many cuts from broken glass and was shot in his right thigh. This injury made him realize how dangerous his father's line of work was.

After this he would transfer from batter to pitcher due to the injury. He would continue to play throughout his entire senior year, bringing the team to the state finals before losing. All the while, the stress of being on the team, his senior year expectations and the possibility of his family being attacked again started to weigh down on him. He turned himself to parties as his escapism from these thoughts, and would place the importance of these parties over many other activities throughout his senior year. This life of parties caused Clay to become a bit of a rebel, with him sneaking off even when grounded.

Now, Clay is hoping to finish his senior year with a smile.
    Weapon: Kukri
    Gun: M1911 Handgun

Persona Name: Helel
    Persona Appearance: Picture
    Persona Arcana: Star
    Persona Element Affinity: Light
    Persona Elemental Weakness: Wind
    Persona Skills:
    • Eiha
    • Rakujaka
    • Maeiha

Theme song: Theme
RP Sample: Star Wars, Game of Thrones, Fire Emblem
WITNESS MY RESOLVE! (Do Not Remove)
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Mon May 01, 2017 11:39 am, edited 4 times in total.

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Mon May 01, 2017 2:43 am

We don't need three characters with an ice-based Persona.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Mon May 01, 2017 4:21 am

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:We don't need three characters with an ice-based Persona.

Which traditionally means characters weak to fire.

Achievement

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Mon May 01, 2017 4:49 am

Monfrox wrote:
Monarchy of Japanada wrote:We don't need three characters with an ice-based Persona.

Which traditionally means characters weak to fire.

Strangely though, none are.

That said, mine is weak to psy attacks - due to Leila's questionable mental fortitude - despite having the fire element. I wouldn't mind adding "ice" if two weaknesses is a thing.

EDIT: I might add "ice" as a weakness, as I might have "psychokinesis" transition from a weakness to a resistance depending on her character development - provided that's a thing.
Last edited by Esternial on Mon May 01, 2017 6:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

Minroz
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Minroz » Mon May 01, 2017 5:17 am

I got a question, has anyone make an light-based character yet?

Because I'm planning one.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Mon May 01, 2017 6:21 am

MInroz wrote:I got a question, has anyone make an light-based character yet?

Because I'm planning one.

Monfrox' character has "bless" as element, which I presume is "light" given his Persona has a light-based attack.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Mon May 01, 2017 6:25 am

The Valyria Empire wrote:RP Sample: Star Wars, Game of Thrones, Fire Emblem

That moment when you post your app at midnight and then fall asleep, only to wake up to remember you forgot the RP samples. Fixed that.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Mon May 01, 2017 6:29 am

The Valyria Empire wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:RP Sample: Star Wars, Game of Thrones, Fire Emblem

That moment when you post your app at midnight and then fall asleep, only to wake up to remember you forgot the RP samples. Fixed that.

I also think you meant "Time to throw this in"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse