NATION

PASSWORD

Task Force Rainbow(OOC/OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:39 pm

Name: Abu al-Akarah
Nationality: Yemeni
Ethnicity: Arab
Appearance: On the short side for a male, Akarah is relatively skinny, with dark-brown hair, green eyes, and thin stubble on his cheeks, upper lip, and chin. His more common attire is a dirty, red, long-sleeved shirt, black down vest, khaki pants, black boots, black gloves, and a gray-and-white headscarf.
Preferred Weapons (PICK TWO: Primary and sidearm.): Primary-Kalashnikov AK-47 assault rifle. Secondary-MP-443.
Other Equipment (Includes Radios and Medical Gear): First-aid kit, four extra mags (AK-47), five extra mags (MP-443), lightweight flak jacket, three hand grenades.
Previous military and/or law enforcement experience: Served alongside Syrian government army, guerrilla warfare against Taliban in Afghanistan.
Specialization: Hand-to-hand combat, interpreter (speaks fluent Arabic and English, some Russian and Pashtu)
Education: Homeschooled
Biography (more than 2 paragraphs, please): Akarah was born in southwest Yemen on November 18th, 1993. His father was a North Yemeni soldier in the civil war to unite the country, which succeeded the year Akarah was born. His childhood was relatively quiet, and was given a very basic education at home, which was simply reading, writing, and farming. He feared nothing until the probability of anti-government rebels came about in late 2011. Eagerness for war against terrorism led Akarah into Syria, where he received basic military training from pro-Syrian troops fighting rebels near major cities. Privately, Akarah supports the Syrian government, and refuses to tell anyone that unless he trusts them. Akarah remained in Syria for about a year, getting up close and personal with ISIS. Numerous times, he was able to blend in to an ISIS camp before setting off explosives and destroying it, making it look like an accident in order to hide himself. After leaving Syria, he wanted to wander central Asia, but ended up aiding the Afghani military against the Taliban, where he made himself known to most of the world.
Akarah is a devout Muslim, but practices secularly. He's broken the no-pork rule (more than once) and hasn't performed a hajj to Mecca yet. He tends to stay in the background in social situations, occasionally wary of Westerners for what they've done to his homeland. Overall, he just wants to wreak havoc on terrorism, and has a number of fears about his newest role in this peacekeeper task force. He can be friendly to anyone, but the slightest things will irritate him rather quickly. He'd prefer to be seen as a man than an Arab, knowing and understanding why Westerners may assume he's "one of them."
RP sample: You know me.
What is Rule 2? Imadoofus.
Last edited by Krugeristan on Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pro: Trump, Assad, Putin, guns, death penalty, Israel, religion, chocolate, me
Anti: Obama, Clinton, Stalin, Hitler, Communism, ISIS, gay marriage, stupid people, drugs, FSA

This 10,000 [insert random thing here] genocide thing is a meme, right?

The Best of Assad in 2016

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kyraina » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:57 pm

Anowa wrote:Before I even start, would it be possible for me to carry around an XM556?

I would like to see someone move with that best around in a cruise ship or hotel and I know you wouldn't be over the top with it so sure
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is suppose to go here?

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:04 pm

App is done.

What'll I have to do to be co-OP, Kyraina?
Anti: Obama, Clinton, Stalin, Hitler, Communism, ISIS, gay marriage, stupid people, drugs, FSA

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:05 pm

Kyraina wrote:
Anowa wrote:Before I even start, would it be possible for me to carry around an XM556?

I would like to see someone move with that best around in a cruise ship or hotel and I know you wouldn't be over the top with it so sure

They aren't all that big actually

Give me a few seconds to change a bit around in my app.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:07 pm

Krugeristan wrote:App is done.

The Year for this RP is 2012, Krug.
Anowa wrote:
Kyraina wrote:I would like to see someone move with that best around in a cruise ship or hotel and I know you wouldn't be over the top with it so sure

They aren't all that big actually

Damn that small.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:09 pm

Kyraina wrote:

Anowa wrote:They aren't all that big actually

Damn that small.

Upon realization, the newest model (that one) was only unveiled at SHOT Show 2017.

Alas there will not be enough Dakka in this RP.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

The Central Shadow Nation
Minister

Founded: Oct 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Central Shadow Nation » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:09 pm

I was looking for one of these.
"There's no point in feeling bad for the dead, but for the living who are still in pain."
"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."

North Timeria
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby North Timeria » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:12 pm

Name: Aiden Thomson
Nationality: American
Ethnicity: Biracial
Appearance: Image
Preferred Weapons (PICK TWO: Primary and sidearm.): M4A1 with ACOG scope, laser, and suppressor
M45A1 Pistol with suppressor
Other Equipment (Includes Radios and Medical Gear): Radio, first aid, flashbangs, and combat knife
Previous military and/or law enforcement experience:
Marine Force Recon 4 Years
-Afganistan 3 Six month deployments
MARSOC 4 Years
-Active in Operation Enduring Freedom
Specialization: special reconnaissance and counter-terrorism
Education: High School Diploma
Biography (more than 2 paragraphs, please):
Aiden Thomson grew up in Los Angeles California in a single parent home. His mother raised him while his father pursued a career in music on the East Coast. Aiden's father wasn't successful and his mother struggled to provide for him and his younger brother. Throughout high school, Aiden worked low paying jobs to help his mother get through their financial troubles. He never really excelled in school and hadn't had plans to attend college. Aiden met a Marine recruiter at his high school that worked with him to join the Marines. Aiden was physically fit and did well on his ASVAB. Instead of taking a support job Aiden decided to go the combat role.

During his time in Force Recon, he did 3 tours in Afganistan. During his tours he survived 4 IED blast and engaged the Taliban in a battle that lasted 50 hours. On his last tour, he led a squad through countless patrols and raids on enemy positions. He brought back his entire squad and was awarded a silver star. After being stateside for 2 months he was honored with the distinguished service cross for his actions in his 2nd deployment.

After accepting an offer from MARSOC Aiden spent a lot of his time travel from different places and going on different counter-terrorism mission. While serving he sent most of his money back home to his brother and mother. His brother currently attends the University of California, San Diego. Aiden was approached by Rainbow after his actions in Oceania combating Islamic extremist. He graciously accepted.

RP sample: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=400473
What is Rule 2?

Don't be a penis ....Technically ...

Dayganistan
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dayganistan » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:18 pm

App should be coming soon.
Republic of Dayganistan | جمهوری دهقانستان

A secular, Tajik dominated state in Central Asia which has experienced 40 years of democratic backsliding. NS stats are NOT used.

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:19 pm

Hothnia wrote:Snip

Accepted

Anowa wrote:Name: Wolfram Herrman
Nationality: Canadian
Ethnicity: German
Appearance: Roughly 6'3 (190cm), 223 lbs (101 kg) of angry Maple Syrup
Preferred Weapons: SCAR-H, Browning Hi-Power
Other Equipment: Satchel charges, M67 frag grenades.
  • The Patricias (1989-1992)
  • Canadian Airborne Regiment (1992-1993)
    • Somalia (1993)
  • Joint Task Force 2 (1993-2012)
    • Bosnia (1995)
    • Haiti (1996)
    • Kosovo (2000)
    • Iraq (2003-2009)
    • Afghanistan (2001-2003, 2010-2012)
  • Task Force Rainbow (Present)
Specialization: Demolitions
Education: Masters Degree in Physics.
Biography: He was Born March 9 1971, near Freiburg, Germany to a businessman and a real estate agent. Nearly three years after Wolfram was born, his mother died from a brain aneurysm. His father was left to hire a nanny, due to the assorted business trips he took. Due to this, Wolfram never gave much affection to his seemingly always absent father. When he was a thirteen his father and his new Step-Mother (former nanny) moved to Victoria, where Wolfram started another chapter of his life.

His life was determinedly average, though his academics were quite high. In his seventeenth year of life, he met his eventual wife, Clover Donnell. The two hit it off, and eventually they moved in together after Wolfram started attending UVIC with military aid in the fast track to a physics degree. During which he did eventually get engaged to, and marry Clover. After he got said degree, he was assigned from the reserve of PPCLI, to that of the Airborne Regiment.

Here he served with the distinction that he was noticeable, but due to the nature of Cyprus' situation he gained no medals whatsoever. Somalia was an entirely different bag. After news dropped of the Somalia affair, Wolfram was a bit fucked up about the whole situation, having personally known one of the men involved. And not at all enthused about the attempted cover up. And even more so when he was left in the slight limbo of being less than welcomed back by his peers in the Patricias. So with the obvious leave granted to him, he decided to have a kid.

After a few months of waiting with his wife for a child. Wolfram put a strain on their relationship by joining up with JTF2 when they offered. He was intermittently deployed to Bosnia in sniper alley, and then returned home to help in the formative years of his child, before shipping out again. This pattern repeated Ad nauseam until 2001 when he was deployed in more stable situations in Afghanistan and Iraq.

On a fateful day in late 2009, Wolfram had been attached to a convoy of general infantry through a mountainous village near Kandahar. A roadside bomb nearly killed him, spraying him with an absurd amount of shrapnel, scarring most of his body and face, nearly deafening him in one ear, and leaving him with several embedded pieces of rock, glass and metal. It was then the convoy came under rather hefty fighting. In a result, Wolfram was in fact tagged in the head and passed out. He survived the encounter due to the medical personnel within the convoy, but he didn't wake up for nearly three months.

Said three months were hell on his family. After having been shipped over to Ramstein, and then back to Toronto, his family nearly lived in that city for the few months he did.

When he finally woke up, he was -as expected- different. From the open and always smiling man, he became reserved and always a bit cautious. Though despite the layer of paranoia, fear, and short fused concern, Wolfram was still there. It was something his family needed to get used to but they managed. Wolfram managed to recover fully by late 2011, and he was given yet another offer. Joint Task Force Rainbow
RP sample: THe last Peacekeepers, Ace Combat... You know me man.
What is Rule 2?

Accepted

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:24 pm

Will loook at the other apps in a but

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:38 pm

Kyraina wrote:

You're not gonna be pissed if I tell you that there's no specification to that in the OP.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:46 pm

Krugeristan wrote:
Kyraina wrote:The Year for this RP is 2012, Krug.

You're not gonna be pissed if I tell you that there's no specification to that in the OP.

Kyraina wrote: ...was shut down in 2010, now it is 2012 and The Task Force has been put back together, and based out of Ramstein Air Force Base, Germany due to its central...

Riperino in pepperoni.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Central Shadow Nation » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:48 pm

I was in one of these special forces RP's before it died so.

App up soon
"There's no point in feeling bad for the dead, but for the living who are still in pain."
"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:56 pm

Anowa wrote:
Krugeristan wrote:

Kyraina wrote: ...was shut down in 2010, now it is 2012 and The Task Force has been put back together, and based out of Ramstein Air Force Base, Germany due to its central...

Riperino in pepperoni.

I'm going to go hit my head on a wall.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Central Shadow Nation » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:43 pm

Should I make a Finn or a Russian?

Hothnia
Minister

Founded: Mar 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:14 pm

The Central Shadow Nation wrote:Should I make a Finn or a Russian?

Finn

ButtasticWaffles
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby ButtasticWaffles » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:24 pm

Don't mess with the Finns' they''ll destroy anyone!!!

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:51 pm

ButtasticWaffles wrote:

Don't mess with the Finns' they''ll destroy anyone!!!
well they didn't manage to destroy us Ruskies for long ;)
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:53 pm

Arengin Union wrote:
ButtasticWaffles wrote:Don't mess with the Finns' they''ll destroy anyone!!!
well they didn't manage to destroy us Ruskies for long ;)

The White Ghost did though

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:54 pm

Kyraina wrote:
Arengin Union wrote:well they didn't manage to destroy us Ruskies for long ;)

The White Ghost did though

Don't mention that! He's still around somewhere!
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Central Shadow Nation » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:11 pm

Arengin Union wrote:
Kyraina wrote:The White Ghost did though

Don't mention that! He's still around somewhere!

He had you in his sights.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:19 pm

I'll watch this time, Ky. Maybe also CO-Oping, but I won't make any app for this time.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Central Shadow Nation » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:26 pm

Name: Aku Koskinen
Nationality: Finnish
Ethnicity: Finnish
Appearance: \KOSKINENENENEN Image 5'10, 170 lbs
Preferred Weapons: TRG-42 and USP
Other Equipment: Extra magazines for both weapons, spotting kit, binoculars,
NBI or Bear Group (2009-2012)
(There were transitions between the two of them in that time period)

Specialization: Long range sniper/marksman or spotter
Education: University of Turku (2004-2008)
Biography:

Aku Koskinen was born and raised in Jyväskylä, Finland. His family was middle class and his father was a teacher. His mother was a boat architect and Aku enjoyed a laid back childhood with good grades and not too much pressure. Around the age of 14 Aku went hunting with his father for the first time. He shot a grouse and from then on fell in love with the rifle. Koskinen and his father routinely went hunting until Aku left high school for University. Koskinen used his money to by his own rifle, a Mosin Nagant of which he preferred over any other firearm.

In the middle of university Koskinen became interested in a career with the NIB, Finland's national law enforcement agency. After graduating in 2008 Koskinen joined the NIB and was handed what he wanted: a rifle. Koskinen worked hard for several months, participating in two hostage operations and multiple other operations related to crime. He was rewarded with a trip to the Poliisin valmiusyksikkö, or the Police Rapid Response Unit. He continued to appear there for important tasks for the next two years in which he became a routine member of the Bear Group. His work was recognized in the news for a brief stint in 2011 after saving two children and their mother from a crazed step father. In 2012 Koskinen came in contact with someone who knew of Task Force Rainbow and Koskinen managed to get himself the opportunity to join.

RP sample: I was a former Peacekeeper or Peacemaker or whatever.
What is Rule 2? A rule that is not in the list.
Last edited by The Central Shadow Nation on Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:12 pm, edited 16 times in total.

Dayganistan
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dayganistan » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:50 pm

Name: Naomi Martinez
Nationality: Filipino
Ethnicity: Mixed Spanish and indigenous Filipino descent
Appearance: Naomi has relatively dark skin and is often mistaken to be of southern Indian, or sometimes even African descent from a distance because of that, until you see her face and notice the typical Asian facial features. She wears her black hair in a short style, in a somewhat stylish take on the stereotypical bowl cut coming to just above her ears with the rest shaved. She stands at approximately 5'4" and has brown eyes. Has the look of someone who has seen a lot of action with a relatively blank expression most of the time. (I would find a picture but it was too hard to find an ambiguously Asian woman with dark skin and shortish hair)
Preferred Weapons (PICK TWO: Primary and sidearm.): Ferfrans SOAR-P, Glock 17
Other Equipment (Includes Radios and Medical Gear): Individual first aid kit, radio, frag grenades, flashbang grenades, bolo knife
Previous military and/or law enforcement experience: Philippine National Police Special Action Force (2004-12). Participated in various counterinsurgency operations against Islamist and communist rebels, as well as operations against various criminal elements.
Specialization: Urban Warfare/CQB, jungle warfare
Education: High School
Biography (more than 2 paragraphs, please): Nothing of particular note happened between Naomi's birth and the time she completed her high school education. She was born in Manila, to an average family and lived an average life. Her family wasn't particularly wealthy, but they weren't poor either. However, they didn't exactly live in a good part of town. Their neighbourhood had a somewhat significant crime problem. Wanting to be able to do better for herself, Naomi moved to Canada under the temporary foreign worker program after graduating high school, hoping to save some money to attend a university outside of the Philippines.

In Canada, she worked at a hotel in Vancouver. However, thanks to the extremely high cost of living in that city, she was unable to save nearly as much money as she thought she would be able to. She still tried to apply to some universities in Canada and although she was accepted by some, she didn't think she would be able to afford it. This is when she decided to return to the Philippines, hoping to do something to improve the situation in her home country instead of just running away from it. Upon her return home after only one year in Canada, she immediately joined the Philippine National Police, hoping to make it into the Special Action Force.

After making it through the SAF's grueling training process, she was finally on active duty in 2004. She was immediately deployed to the south of the country in order to fight Abu Sayyaf and other Islamic rebel groups. While there wasn't constant action, when the SAF was called to action the engagements were either intense close quarters firefights, or multi-day treks through the jungle, hoping to find an insurgent base but usually turning up empty handed or just getting ambushed. Counterguerrilla operations in a jungle are enough to make anyone go crazy. But Naomi had to watch bigger and stronger men die to an enemy they can't see, she had to shoot kids who came at her squad with AKs. She was even wounded herself and had to be pulled out before her unit was set to be rotated out. Although she would be rotated in and out of the south throughout her career and it slowly started to get easier, she would never forget those first few months she spent in the jungle. Most people would want to quit, but after seeing Abu Sayyaf first hand, it only strengthened her desire to continue serving her country, claiming she would rather be killed in action than retire., This conviction was only strengthened when her younger brother was killed in the crossfire of a drug deal gone bad while he was coming home from school.

Those times when she wasn't in the south fighting Abu Sayyaf, however, were much better. While she felt that they were doing little to combat the Islamist and communist insurgencies, she felt the fight against crime was at least going somewhat better, that ever drug dealer or gangster they killed or arrested was one small step closer to improving her country. However, within recent years she's taken on a much more cynical view seeing corrupt politicians and police officers as the real problem.

In 2012 she filled for a transfer to the Internal Affairs division of the Philippine National Police, hoping she could do her part to root out corruption in the police. However, her request was denied. Instead, she was assigned to Task Force Rainbow, a mysterious international black ops task force she had never heard of. She believes that the police knew she was going to start sniffing around for corruption, and this was their way of shutting her up.
RP sample: I was in the last peacekeepers
What is Rule 2? There is no rule 2.
Last edited by Dayganistan on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Republic of Dayganistan | جمهوری دهقانستان

A secular, Tajik dominated state in Central Asia which has experienced 40 years of democratic backsliding. NS stats are NOT used.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse