NATION

PASSWORD

Halo: Penumbra (OOC / ON HIATUS)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Favorite Covenant?

• Brute (Jiralhanae)
No votes
• Elite (Sangheili)
54%
• Engineer (Huragok)
4%
• Grunt (Unggoy)
13%
• Hunter (Mgalekgolo)
21%
• Jackal (Kig-Yar)
No votes
• Prophet (San'Shyuum)
No votes
• Skirmisher (T'vaoan)
8%

Total votes : 24

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Mon May 22, 2017 6:31 pm

Anowa wrote:
Turmenista wrote:
Given Bradley's psych eval from his app, I don't think sleeping in a cryotube would be his most favorite thing to do. It's optional, of course, right?

In smaller transits like this, yes. But if it takes several months or years it's mandatory.

That's the assumption I was under.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Mon May 22, 2017 6:32 pm

Ubaria wrote:
Turmenista wrote:
Given Bradley's psych eval from his app, I don't think sleeping in a cryotube would be his most favorite thing to do. It's optional, of course, right?

It might be standard procedure on most UNSC vessels, especially for elongated trips, but for fourteen days i guess some people might want to avoid some of the negative effects it can inflict.

This is a short trip so may not be too much of an issue. But given finite space of a ship and limited supplies, longer trips would likely require a decent number of personnel to go under if only remove the need for additional supplies, bunks, etc. More so considering this is a frigate and not a cruiser with room to spare.

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Founded: Aug 16, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Mon May 22, 2017 7:47 pm

*facepalms forehead incessantly looking over the posting of the previous aforementioned and cancerous application*

I mean we've all been there once before, when we first started RPing, but Jesus Christo, I don't remember ever being that unreasonable and unauthentic. I mean, a damned Hunter blast!? Somehow his mom shielded him from a Hunter blast and she didn't happen to be John-117 when he saves Laskey in Forward Unto Dawn? Please, for the love of god, somehow Yoda-Luke this man. He seems to have the enthusiasm to Roleplay, but not he delicacy with the saber, nor the patience or balance for using the force, as I go on an uber-royal escapade of being nerdy.

But in reality I am really suffering cancerous symptoms reading that app back again. Ay Caramba

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Mon May 22, 2017 8:35 pm

Anyone want to interact whit Marc while he's cleaning carbon out of the most obscure parts of his weapon?
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Military Democracy of Birtonia
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Military Democracy of Birtonia » Mon May 22, 2017 8:57 pm

Tayner wrote:Anyone want to interact whit Marc while he's cleaning carbon out of the most obscure parts of his weapon?

Sure

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Mon May 22, 2017 8:59 pm

Military Democracy of Birtonia wrote:
Tayner wrote:Anyone want to interact whit Marc while he's cleaning carbon out of the most obscure parts of his weapon?

Sure

I'll let you post first, Marc'll probably be in the armory or something. I'll reply tomorrow if I can.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.

Turmenista
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Mon May 22, 2017 9:06 pm

Thomas will probably be in the armory as well, just checking out his equipment, but generally will remain in his quarters if you're down for some awkward silence type of conversation.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Mon May 22, 2017 9:12 pm

Turmenista wrote:

Thomas will probably be in the armory as well, just checking out his equipment, but generally will remain in his quarters if you're down for some awkward silence type of conversation.

That sounds good to me too. A simple greeting and sitting in silence for hours.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon May 22, 2017 9:18 pm

Turmenista wrote:Thomas will probably be in the armory as well, just checking out his equipment, but generally will remain in his quarters if you're down for some awkward silence type of conversation.

Just note that you'd probably have a shared crew quarters. Not everyone gets personal quarters.

Turmenista
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Mon May 22, 2017 9:27 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Turmenista wrote:Thomas will probably be in the armory as well, just checking out his equipment, but generally will remain in his quarters if you're down for some awkward silence type of conversation.

Just note that you'd probably have a shared crew quarters. Not everyone gets personal quarters.

I'm aware that it's an officer's type thing. I originally had planned that Thomas started off in a shared crew quarters with a few other people (NPCs) in my first post, before we went with the whole warthog idea.
Last edited by Turmenista on Mon May 22, 2017 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon May 22, 2017 9:49 pm

Made a lighthearted poll to keep us entertained, and only after adding Preston Cole to the list did I remember that his flagship was the UNSC Everest. Star system in Himalaya and the second mission is called Everest. Coincidence?
Last edited by Beiarusia on Mon May 22, 2017 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Turmenista
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Tue May 23, 2017 3:24 am

Beiarusia wrote:Made a lighthearted poll to keep us entertained, and only after adding Preston Cole to the list did I remember that his flagship was the UNSC Everest. Star system in Himalaya and the second mission is called Everest. Coincidence?

Sorry to ruin the fun, but I put the Covenant, possibly because they'd likely have a ship or two still in system to make sure that nobody had left. Although, teaming up with some innies temporarily to kick alien ass doesn't seem like a half bad idea...

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Tue May 23, 2017 4:16 am

If we find Cole there we'll need a plan, you know a Cole Protocol *Badum Tiss*.
The Western Isles member.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Tue May 23, 2017 5:32 am

Turmenista wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:Made a lighthearted poll to keep us entertained, and only after adding Preston Cole to the list did I remember that his flagship was the UNSC Everest. Star system in Himalaya and the second mission is called Everest. Coincidence?

Sorry to ruin the fun, but I put the Covenant, possibly because they'd likely have a ship or two still in system to make sure that nobody had left. Although, teaming up with some innies temporarily to kick alien ass doesn't seem like a half bad idea...

A nearby system was attacked, not Himalaya, so the Covenant may or may not have found the outpost yet. Just saying.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Tue May 23, 2017 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Turmenista
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Tue May 23, 2017 5:36 am

Beiarusia wrote:
Turmenista wrote:

A nearby system was attacked, not Himalaya, so the Covenant may or may not have found the outpost yet. Just saying.

Ah, I see.

Greater Dmanian
Envoy

Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Dmanian » Tue May 23, 2017 5:57 am

Innies are always a nice change of pace, plus my character absolutely despises them so that will be pretty neat to write about a bit more.

Though they are craftly bastards so if it gets voted through we may have even more of a challenge with them than the covenant.
Last edited by Greater Dmanian on Tue May 23, 2017 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Tue May 23, 2017 6:03 am

What if Admiral Cole gets chose? How would that even work?
''Hey is that Admiral Cole?''
'' Yes, how did he get here?''
''Didn't he die 6 years ago.''

Military Democracy of Birtonia
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Military Democracy of Birtonia » Tue May 23, 2017 10:48 am

Tayner wrote:
Military Democracy of Birtonia wrote:Sure

I'll let you post first, Marc'll probably be in the armory or something. I'll reply tomorrow if I can.

May not be able to write until late this evening

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Thu May 25, 2017 5:18 am

It would actually be interesting if the flood awaited us, we could do sort of a Halo The Flood story like with Jenkins from his view being a host to the flood, and it doesn't immediately kill them for one reason or another

Greater Dmanian
Envoy

Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Dmanian » Thu May 25, 2017 7:35 am

The Grand Force wrote:It would actually be interesting if the flood awaited us, we could do sort of a Halo The Flood story like with Jenkins from his view being a host to the flood, and it doesn't immediately kill them for one reason or another

It would probably be a better choice for a later mission because against a foe like that a number of us will die for certain, not to mention if anyone gets the bright idea to bring an infected/infection form aboard the Salt the Earth then we are all screwed.

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Thu May 25, 2017 9:14 am

Good point it should be in a later chapter if it even ever happens.

Ubaria
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Thu May 25, 2017 10:24 am

The Grand Force wrote:It would actually be interesting if the flood awaited us, we could do sort of a Halo The Flood story like with Jenkins from his view being a host to the flood, and it doesn't immediately kill them for one reason or another

What if it's all four?
Yo, that's mad.

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Thu May 25, 2017 11:22 am

That could still technically be the flood they'e not picky.

New Finnish Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Finnish Republic » Thu May 25, 2017 11:55 am

Speaking of future events, when should we expect to start this new mission up?
Known mostly as Finn, but also known as a few other things I can't put in a signature by those who know me.

American who got left too long in the sauna.

Proud to spread Spurdo Nationalism from sea to shining sea.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Thu May 25, 2017 12:31 pm

New Finnish Republic wrote:Speaking of future events, when should we expect to start this new mission up?

Monday at the latest.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse