NATION

PASSWORD

Halo: Penumbra (OOC / ON HIATUS)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Favorite Covenant?

• Brute (Jiralhanae)
No votes
• Elite (Sangheili)
54%
• Engineer (Huragok)
4%
• Grunt (Unggoy)
13%
• Hunter (Mgalekgolo)
21%
• Jackal (Kig-Yar)
No votes
• Prophet (San'Shyuum)
No votes
• Skirmisher (T'vaoan)
8%

Total votes : 24

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Thu May 11, 2017 7:54 pm

ROSTER has been updated.

Hardened Pyrokinetics
Powerbroker

Founded: May 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hardened Pyrokinetics » Thu May 11, 2017 9:03 pm

Getting writer's block on what's supposed to be your intro post is a fantastic thing.
Ankh Mauta
Pope Joan wrote:I had a client who stole the magnetic flashing light from the top of a police car.

It was parked in front of his house because they were asking his parents about his theft of 100 pounds of copper wire from the high school.

Galloism wrote:I bet it takes a lot of weed to get stoned to death.

New Manvir wrote:Canada: We have flying bears.

greed and death wrote:It is a sad day when we criticize the President for honoring a solider who gave everything for his nation.

Olthar wrote:
Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:... He's twenty.

He's also a moron.

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Fri May 12, 2017 4:16 am

Beiarusia wrote:
The Grand Force wrote:NAME: Jackson Anderson

My primary issue would be the mental instability. Since the previous suicide attempts happened during his teenage years, well before he enlisted, that's no problem, but the fourth attempt and his instability would likely get him discharged or, at the very least, remove him from consideration for any spec-ops unit as that could well prove fatal to the entire team. If possible could that be changed?

It can, I'll change the post.
The Western Isles member.

New Finnish Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Finnish Republic » Fri May 12, 2017 9:58 am

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:Getting writer's block on what's supposed to be your intro post is a fantastic thing.

Just try writing down the big things you want to cover in your posts in bullet points, and then add your details in from there. Normally for me once I start writing I don't stop.
Known mostly as Finn, but also known as a few other things I can't put in a signature by those who know me.

American who got left too long in the sauna.

Proud to spread Spurdo Nationalism from sea to shining sea.

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Sat May 13, 2017 8:30 am

Should be good for posting. Yesterday's exam was kinda... long.

Umcara
Spokesperson

Founded: May 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Umcara » Sun May 14, 2017 5:33 pm

I AM ALIVE, I WILL POST

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sun May 14, 2017 6:50 pm

FILED CLASSIFIED: LEVEL TS [RECIPIENT EYES ONLY]
UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR TRANSMISSION WILL RESULT IN FELONY PROSECUTION UNDER PENAL CODE 18 U.N.S.C.C.
[GATHERING, TRANSMITTING, OR LOSING RESTRICTED DEFENSE INFORMATION OR INVENTORY]

DOSSIER ID CODE: O3-404113-321390
[MODIFICATION OR ALTERATION IN ANY FORM WILL LEAD TO PERSECUTION UNDER PENAL CODE 14 U.N.S.C.C. 512]

NAME: Clegg, Sandy
BIRTHPLACE: New Llanelli, Brunel system
SEX: Female
AGE/DoB: 31 (2518)

APPEARANCE:
    Average. 5'6'' (167.6cm) and 147 pounds (66.7kg). Chestnut hair is kept regulation short. Follows no beauty trend, and although hygienic cares little of her appearance. Obvious lack of sleep. Right foot has been replaced with a prosthetic.

PREVIOUS ASSIGNMENT:
    13th Airborne Regiment, UNSC Army, New Llanelli

PSYCH EVALUATION:
    Clegg is rather amiable amongst her colleagues, however, alone she tends to wander to the darker side of her thoughts, specifically those regarding her now deceased family and her home, New Llanelli. Prefers not to discus personal matters. Suffers from insomnia.

INFO:
    A former member of the 13th Airborne Regiment, Clegg served underneath Major Ezekiel Kotze during the invasion of New Llanelli where she and her unit would distinguish themselves in several key engagements, defeating the Covenant outright and preventing the enemy from establishing a foothold on the ground. Unfortunately the UNSC Navy was unable to secure the planet's orbit and New Llanelli was glassed. Clegg's husband and two children were killed. Following the Battle of Imber, many from the 13th Airbore Regiment, Clegg included, would be conscripted into the BLACK Initiative. During the Siege of Paris IV, Clegg suffered an injury to her right foot which necessitated amputation (now has a prosthetic). The loss of Major Kotze has deeply troubled her even if she fails to admit it.

Military Democracy of Birtonia
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Military Democracy of Birtonia » Sun May 14, 2017 7:38 pm

Alright, finally got some time. Skimmed over IC a couple days ago but haven't done it yet today. We're back on the ship yeah?

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sun May 14, 2017 7:44 pm

Umcara wrote:I AM ALIVE, I WILL POST

"ONI contractor spit coffee on a Naval Officer" If I'm reading that in the right context, then the guy doing the spitting is Loki, who spit coffee on Wilson, who's also an ONI operative, definitely not Navy, and definitely not an officer.

Just the only thing that bothered me in your post, but the rest looks good.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sun May 14, 2017 7:45 pm

Military Democracy of Birtonia wrote:Alright, finally got some time. Skimmed over IC a couple days ago but haven't done it yet today. We're back on the ship yeah?

Yes. Been drydocked for a month now. Just met the new commander of Quasar.

Umcara
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Umcara » Sun May 14, 2017 7:46 pm

Tayner wrote:
Umcara wrote:I AM ALIVE, I WILL POST

"ONI contractor spit coffee on a Naval Officer" If I'm reading that in the right context, then the guy doing the spitting is Loki, who spit coffee on Wilson, who's also an ONI operative, definitely not Navy, and definitely not an officer.

YEAH IM SORRY I THINK I WILL EDIT THIS

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sun May 14, 2017 7:48 pm

Umcara wrote:YEAH IM SORRY I THINK I WILL EDIT THIS

No need to shout. Also, you may have missed it, but you and the other new guy arrived in my big post on the end of the last page, and you just missed meeting the new commander of Quasar. Just FYI. Not saying you have to change it, but just thought you'd like to know.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sun May 14, 2017 7:49 pm

Umcara wrote:
Tayner wrote:"ONI contractor spit coffee on a Naval Officer" If I'm reading that in the right context, then the guy doing the spitting is Loki, who spit coffee on Wilson, who's also an ONI operative, definitely not Navy, and definitely not an officer.

YEAH IM SORRY I THINK I WILL EDIT THIS

No need to be sorry, it's only a minor fix.

I'll also get a post up soon.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.

Umcara
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Umcara » Sun May 14, 2017 8:25 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Umcara wrote:YEAH IM SORRY I THINK I WILL EDIT THIS

No need to shout. Also, you may have missed it, but you and the other new guy arrived in my big post on the end of the last page, and you just missed meeting the new commander of Quasar. Just FYI. Not saying you have to change it, but just thought you'd like to know.

Sorry about that I kinda just hopped on because I was busy and coldposted without some context, just looking to meet quality standards, I'll try and keep up with everything from now on.

And I'm aware I missed the meeting my char was supposed to arrive late, but if you want I'll be present all the time.

Military Democracy of Birtonia
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Military Democracy of Birtonia » Sun May 14, 2017 8:27 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Military Democracy of Birtonia wrote:Alright, finally got some time. Skimmed over IC a couple days ago but haven't done it yet today. We're back on the ship yeah?

Yes. Been drydocked for a month now. Just met the new commander of Quasar.

Cool, be workin on a post

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sun May 14, 2017 8:31 pm

Umcara wrote:Sorry about that I kinda just hopped on because I was busy and coldposted without some context, just looking to meet quality standards, I'll try and keep up with everything from now on.

And I'm aware I missed the meeting my char was supposed to arrive late, but if you want I'll be present all the time.

It's fine. I just wasn't sure if you had read any of the previous posts or not.

Halonica
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Halonica » Sun May 14, 2017 9:12 pm

So, before I submit a character application, I've got a few questions:

1.Can we submit more than one character?
2.Is there a Discord Server?
3.Are custom weapons a thing? Specifically blades.
4.Can a human blade stand up to an energy sword? Iirc it's never happened in Halo lore so it's your call.
5.Is picking up a Covvie weapon and bringing it home allowed?
Ad finem, Ad astra

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sun May 14, 2017 9:18 pm

Halonica wrote:So, before I submit a character application, I've got a few questions:

4.Can a human blade stand up to an energy sword? Iirc it's never happened in Halo lore so it's your call.

I'm sure we don't have a discord, and if an energy sword can cut through an infantryman's armor, as well as a Spartan's, I'm sure it can cut through a sword. You can ad attachments to some weapons I'm sure, but I'm not sure what Bei's policy on knives/swords, but I'd say keep it within reason. And of you did aquire a covvie weapon, ONI would likely confiscate it like they confiscated the crates of plasma grenades in the last mission. I don't know about the character cap though.

Although I'm not an OP, or Co-OP, I'm basing the stuff above on observations and I'm not making a ruling, that's Bei's job.

Hardened Pyrokinetics
Powerbroker

Founded: May 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hardened Pyrokinetics » Sun May 14, 2017 9:23 pm

... Yeah, I jumped the gun on thinking I'd actually have the time and energy to participate in a forum RP. Just gonna withdraw now when I've done literally nothing of importance.
Ankh Mauta
Pope Joan wrote:I had a client who stole the magnetic flashing light from the top of a police car.

It was parked in front of his house because they were asking his parents about his theft of 100 pounds of copper wire from the high school.

Galloism wrote:I bet it takes a lot of weed to get stoned to death.

New Manvir wrote:Canada: We have flying bears.

greed and death wrote:It is a sad day when we criticize the President for honoring a solider who gave everything for his nation.

Olthar wrote:
Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:... He's twenty.

He's also a moron.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sun May 14, 2017 9:25 pm

Halonica wrote:So, before I submit a character application, I've got a few questions:

1: One character, though I may allow a second character that's ship crew (not going on missions).

2: No Discord server.

3: No custom firearms but I can allow knives within reason (no, you cannot have a sword).

4: An Energy Sword will cut through your knife, your armor, your body, and all your hopes and dreams.

5: If I recall correctly, bringing Covenant weapons back to human colonies is an offense punishable by execution due to the fear of such weapons being bugged and tracked (which I think happened to one planet in the Outer Colonies during the Cole Protocol). You can use whatever weapons you want while on mission, but Covenant weapons that aren't being collected for ONI research will be discarded.

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:... Yeah, I jumped the gun on thinking I'd actually have the time and energy to participate in a forum RP. Just gonna withdraw now when I've done literally nothing of importance.

Sad to see you go. RP will likely remain open should you reconsider.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Sun May 14, 2017 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Greater Dmanian
Envoy

Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Dmanian » Sun May 14, 2017 11:19 pm

Halonica wrote:3.Are custom weapons a thing? Specifically blades.

When it comes down to it if you're in a situation where a knife/blade is required, things are going very shit for you. I mean I have no idea how robust elites are in this story since throughout Halo they vary from a serious threat to even a Spartan to a slightly stronger human, plot depending.

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Mon May 15, 2017 4:18 am

I changed my application so I wanted to ask if I'm accepted or if I should change anything else?
The Western Isles member.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon May 15, 2017 4:43 am

The Grand Force wrote:I changed my application so I wanted to ask if I'm accepted or if I should change anything else?

Sorry. You'll officially be accepted once I get home to s computer but you're good to start posting. Just keep his mental instability in check lest he be removed from active deployment.

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Mon May 15, 2017 7:31 am

I'm assuming that Thomas is already on the Salt the Earth, but just missed the meeting. I guess.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon May 15, 2017 7:35 am

Turmenista wrote:I'm assuming that Thomas is already on the Salt the Earth, but just missed the meeting. I guess.

Yeah, everyone should be on the ship now, though if you want I could switch it so that it was Bradley arriving with Akiyama in my earlier post since the person who was in the Warthog has since dropped the RP.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse