NATION

PASSWORD

Star Wars Factions: War for the Unknown (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Fighter Transportation

The system is perfect right now.
4%
Frigates should be able to hold fighters as well.
21%
Vessels need in general a buff with regards of the number they hold.
13%
Squadrons need more fighters.
34%
Frigates need sub-divisions and only the largest may hold vessels.
6%
Only Star Destroyers should be buffed with vessel capacity.
9%
Vessels need to have a DECREASE in their capacity.
No votes
Frigates are fine as is.
13%

Total votes : 47

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:37 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Bone Fort wrote:How is both the Galatic Empire and Imperial Remnant in this? They're the same organization at different times.

That is a rather good question. I presume we're talking one Imperial Remnant (the "main" one with Isard and all) is the "Galactic Empire", while other Imperial factions are rogue Moffs/warlords.

I'm going to personally aim for a rogue Grand Admiral trying to make a better Empire from the ashes.

Problem is rogues would be Warlords, which OP has unfortunately decided to only allow one of.
Me summed up in one sentence.

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 07, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:49 am

Bone Fort wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:
That is a rather good question. I presume we're talking one Imperial Remnant (the "main" one with Isard and all) is the "Galactic Empire", while other Imperial factions are rogue Moffs/warlords.

I'm going to personally aim for a rogue Grand Admiral trying to make a better Empire from the ashes.

Problem is rogues would be Warlords, which OP has unfortunately decided to only allow one of.

The Imperial Remnant is not referring to the faction in later Legends but rather is a slightly larger Imperial force. Technically there are two Warlords in the game, just for the purposes of the Rp I named one the Imperial Remnant to note the differences in size.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:19 pm

Faction: The Empire Rampant
Leader: Grand Admiral Sarkhan Aver
High Ranking Officials: Admiral Kassus Tarn, Grand Moff Warfin "War" Scivis
Civics:
Representation - Insofar as the Union is an ad-hoc conglomerate of the various military commanders and civilian leaders of the worlds that fell under the Grand Admiral's purview at the time of the Emperor's death, he rules with consent of the governed in the form of the various Moffs and leaders.
Bureaucracy - The Empire was built on a sea of data and information handed through numerous government orifices. The Union is no different.
State Property - Echoing the New Order, but also due to the frontier nature of the Unknown Regions, the state operates almost all industries and directs the limited resources of the inhabited regions for the benefit of all. Theoretically.
Pacifism - Though seemingly at odds with the dictates of the old Empire, the Union operates on the principle of peace through strength, viewing the near infinite resources of the Unknown Regions as a boon to be grasped as opposed to petty squabbling with other factions.
History: Established as a near-autonomous fiefdom by the Emperor shortly after the end of the Clone Wars, the Core Union operated as a frontier state controlled by the Imperial military for the production of military vessels and the promotion of humanocentric colonization. Stretching northward from the blasted world of Ilum rimward, the Core Union composes few worlds directly attached to well-known hyperspace lanes, but was responsible off the books for supplying the munitions and vessels for much of the northern galactic sector commands that Kuat and Fondor did not service. Following the Emperor's death, the man responsible for overseeing the Union, Grand Admiral Sarkhan Aver, has declared himself in command of the resources of the autonomous state subject to the chain of command from the Emperor, and begun efforts to prepare forces to combat the growing rebel threat.
Brief description of diplomatic relations: The Core Union is on nominally benign relations with those Imperial remnants that acknowledge the principles of the New Order, but openly hostile to those warlords who have dismissed the rule of law in favor of factionalism and discord. Alien races are little loved in the Union, though near-human species and subspecies are begrudgingly accepted, and the Union is openly hostile to the rampant chaos and discord that the Republic embodies in the eyes of the inhabitants of the Union.
Infrastructure and Claimed Worlds:
Sentinel (Non-Hostile Terran):
Redoubt (Garden): 5 Mining Operations, 1 Urban District, 2 Infrastructure, Major Industrial Factory, Barracks, Vehicle Factory, Fighter Factory, 1 Military Shipyard, 1 Spaceport, Data Archive, Research Center (1110)
Bulwark (Terran):
Asteroid Belt
Nessus (Gas Giant):
-Crown M1:
-Crown M2:
-Crown M3:
Sojourner (Hostile Terran):
Exodite (Barren):
Kuiper Belt

Rider (Barren):
Ferrus Secundus (Hostile Terran):
Forgefend (Garden): 5 Mining Operations, 3 Industrial Factories, 1 Urban District, 1 Infrastructure (210)
-Gard: Listening Outpost (150)
Sabar (Gas Giant):
-Mandal (Garden):
-Ferrus M3:
-Ferrus M4:
Niben (Gas Giant):
Lakis (Hostile Terran):
Asteroid Belt
Ferrus Tertius (Barren):
Outlier (Terran):

Renown (Hostile Terran): 2 Mining Operations (20)
Hither (Near Garden): 4 Mining Operations, Barracks, Industrial Factory (95)
Scion (Barren):
-Nascent M1:
Valdan (Gas Giant):
-Nascent M2:
-Nascent M3:
-Nascent M4:
Asteroid Belt
Avalon (Near Garden):
Iras (Terran):

Promised (Near Garden): 4 Mining Operations, Industrial Factory, Metropolitan District (195)
Palais (Terran):
-Vamal:
-Oriban:
Gradiv (Barren):
Asteroid Belt
Cim-mal (Gas Giant):
-Promised M1:
-Promised M2:
Heldan (Barren):

Military:
a) Land and Aerial Units: 1 Force Sensitive
b) Space Fleets: 6 Star Destroyers, Bulk Transport, Interdictor Cruiser (230)

Theme Song: Lel
RP Example: Geth
Questions and Suggestions: Imperial Remnant needs more starting creds.
Geth
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:47 am, edited 7 times in total.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:51 pm

Systems of the lane are now posted, civics shall be done soon.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:55 pm

Alright, since Waz isn't going to be taking the other Remnant, I think I'll reserve it.

Could you also reserve me systems 7 and 8, please?

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:57 pm

Elerian wrote:Alright, since Waz isn't going to be taking the other Remnant, I think I'll reserve it.

k

Jhet
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jhet » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:01 pm

North America Inc wrote:
Elerian wrote:Alright, since Waz isn't going to be taking the other Remnant, I think I'll reserve it.

k

Can I reserve the unnamed Cluster (16-18)? Cheers.

Do you mean the Imperial Warlord? I thought I had reserved it in this thread?
Last edited by Jhet on Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:07 pm

Jhet wrote:
North America Inc wrote:k

Can I reserve the unnamed Cluster (16-18)? Cheers.

Do you mean the Imperial Warlord? I thought I had reserved it in this thread?

Lets only do two per player for now,

Jhet
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Jhet » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:53 pm

Faction: The Holdout of Vernas
Leader: Admiral Superior Deidrick Stauffman
High Ranking Officials: Captain Ideon Maro, Captain Thaddeus Ramel, Captain Strass Pella, Administrator Fero Khan
Civics: Police State, Moderation, State Property, Gilded Culture
History: Deidrick was one of the Imperial Star Destroyer captains who served under Lord Vader during his pursuit of the rebels following the destruction of the first Death Star, serving in the successful post-Yavin pursuit of the traitors which culminated in the Battle of Hoth. Believing himself to have proved his value to the Sith lord, the young captain found himself part of Vader's chase of the traitors onboard the Millenium Falcon, a mission which shook the officer's faith in his commander. This unease of the callous nature of Lord Vader saw Deidrick quietly dismissed from the dark lord's fleet and redeployed to patrol duty close to Unknown Space.
This quiet tour lasted longer than the captain had been led to believe, resulting in his growing sense of detachment from the authority of the Imperial Moffs. However his redeployment to Endor, as part of the grand fleet expected to deliver the final blow to the rebellion. While he took a great deal of satisfaction in being a part of the Emperor's glorious plan, his returning faith was shattered with the Imperial defeat, with the senior officers believing the battle lost with the loss of the Death Star. Forced to flee when his comrades abbandoned the fight, Deidrick fled back to the location of his former patrol. There, he served under the Moff for several years, witnessing first hand the general collapse of Imperial discipline as rivalries between the various admirals and Moffs sapped at the strength of the government at a greater rate than the rebels could ever hope to achieve.
As such, Deidrick found himself turning to the methods of Lord Vader, coming round to understanding why the Sith Lord had been so capable of driving the rebels right to the brink of annihilation. Betraying his superiors, the Imperial captain declared himself an admiral, driving deeper into Unknown Space in an effort to carve out an Imperial redoubt to once again rebuild the law and order offered by the Empire before the rebellion.
To this end, Deidrick has walked a tightrope of enforcing a strict regime on the general populous of the planets he claims domain over, and working in cooperation with the industrial powerhouses which would bring growth to his straining war economy. However, he has come to rely on the Star Destroyers at his disposal to, inevitably, force even the most stubborn of his opponents to change their mind.
Brief description of diplomatic relations: Strained neutrality with the other Imperial forces, with unknown neutrality/hostility with the Rebels
16, 17
Barren - +42 - 25
- Barren - +25
- 1 Mining Operation - +7
- 1 Industrial Factory - +10
Gas Giant
Gas Giant
Garden World - +357 - 240
- Garden - +100
- 4 Metropolitan Districts - +180
- 1 Planetary Infrastructure - +2
- 1 Major Refinery - +20
- 1 Major Industrial Factory - +25
- 3 Industrial Factories - +30
Gas Giant
Terrestrial - +76 - 35
- Terrestrial - +50
- 2 Mining Operations - +14
No Belt

Hostile Terrestrial - +59 - 40
- Hostile Terrestrial - +40
- 1 Mining Operation - +10
- 1 Industrial Factory - +7
Garden - +280 - 300
- Garden - +100
- 3 Metropolitan Districts - +135
Barren - +42 - 25
- Barren - +25
Near Garden - +119 - 75
- Near Garden - +75
- 4 Mining Operations - +24
- 2 Industrial Factories - +20
Near Garden - +119 - 75
- Near Garden - +75
One Belt

Military:
3 Star Destroyers - 270
3 Heavy Cruisers - free

10 Infantry Battlegroups - 100

Theme Song: march song
RP Example: Mass Effect Factions (should I link?)
Questions and Suggestions:
Geth
Last edited by Jhet on Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:56 pm

Jhet wrote:Faction: The Holdout of Vernas
Leader: Admiral Superior Deidrick Stauffman
High Ranking Officials: Captain Ideon Maro, Captain Thaddeus Ramel, Captain Strass Pella, Administrator Fero Khan
Civics: Police State, Nationhood, State Property
History: Deidrick was one of the Imperial Star Destroyer captains who served under Lord Vader during his pursuit of the rebels following the destruction of the first Death Star, serving in the successful post-Yavin pursuit of the traitors which culminated in the Battle of Hoth. Believing himself to have proved his value to the Sith lord, the young captain found himself part of Vader's chase of the traitors onboard the Millenium Falcon, a mission which shook the officer's faith in his commander. This unease of the callous nature of Lord Vader saw Deidrick quietly dismissed from the dark lord's fleet and redeployed to patrol duty close to Unknown Space.
This quiet tour lasted longer than the captain had been led to believe, resulting in his growing sense of detachment from the authority of the Imperial Moffs. However his redeployment to Endor, as part of the grand fleet expected to deliver the final blow to the rebellion. While he took a great deal of satisfaction in being a part of the Emperor's glorious plan, his returning faith was shattered with the Imperial defeat, with the senior officers believing the battle lost with the loss of the Death Star. Forced to flee when his comrades abbandoned the fight, Deidrick fled back to the location of his former patrol. There, he served under the Moff for several years, witnessing first hand the general collapse of Imperial discipline as rivalries between the various admirals and Moffs sapped at the strength of the government at a greater rate than the rebels could ever hope to achieve.
As such, Deidrick found himself turning to the methods of Lord Vader, coming round to understanding why the Sith Lord had been so capable of driving the rebels right to the brink of annihilation. Betraying his superiors, the Imperial captain declared himself an admiral, driving deeper into Unknown Space in an effort to carve out an Imperial redoubt to once again rebuild the law and order offered by the Empire before the rebellion.
To this end, Deidrick has walked a tightrope of enforcing a strict regime on the general populous of the planets he claims domain over, and working in cooperation with the industrial powerhouses which would bring growth to his straining war economy. However, he has come to rely on the Star Destroyers at his disposal to, inevitably, force even the most stubborn of his opponents to change their mind.
Brief description of diplomatic relations: Strained neutrality with the other Imperial forces, with unknown neutrality/hostility with the Rebels
16, 17
Barren - +42 - 25
- Barren - +25
Gas Giant
Gas Giant
Garden World - +357 - 240
- Garden - +100
- 4 Metropolitan Districts - +180
- 1 Major Refinery - +20
- 1 Major Industrial Factory - +25
- 3 Industrial Factories - +30
Gas Giant
Terrestrial - +76 - 35
- Terrestrial - +50
- 2 Mining Operations - +14
No Belt

- 1 Mining Operation - +10
- 1 Industrial Factory - +7
Garden - +280 - 300
- Garden - +100
- 3 Metropolitan Districts - +135
Barren - +42 - 25
- Barren - +25
Near Garden - +119 - 75
- Near Garden - +75
Near Garden - +119 - 75
- Near Garden - +75
One Belt

Military:
3 Star Destroyers - 270
3 Heavy Cruisers - free

10 Infantry Battlegroups - 100

Theme Song: march song
RP Example: Mass Effect Factions (should I link?)
Questions and Suggestions:
Geth

Sorry I stated specifically that reserves are not okay in the Star Wars thread. Elerian reserved it on this thread before you have, you'll need to talk with him.

Eol Sha
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eol Sha » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:01 pm

Would it be ok if I reserved an Imperial warlord? Or is there only one of them?
You'd better believe I'm a bitter Bernie Sanders supporter. The Dems fucked up and fucked up hard. Hopefully they'll learn that neoliberalism and maintaining the status quo isn't the way to win this election or any other one. I doubt they will, though.

"What's the number one method of achieving civil rights in America? Don't scare the white folks." ~ Eol Sha

Praise be to C-SPAN - Democrats Should Listen to Sanders - How I Voted on November 8, 2016 - Trump's Foreign Policy: Do Stupid Shit - Trump's Clock is Ticking

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:05 pm

Eol Sha wrote:Would it be ok if I reserved an Imperial warlord? Or is there only one of them?

Both are taken sadly for now.

Eol Sha
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eol Sha » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:06 pm

North America Inc wrote:
Eol Sha wrote:Would it be ok if I reserved an Imperial warlord? Or is there only one of them?

Both are taken sadly for now.

Too bad. Guess I'll go back to the drawing board. :(
You'd better believe I'm a bitter Bernie Sanders supporter. The Dems fucked up and fucked up hard. Hopefully they'll learn that neoliberalism and maintaining the status quo isn't the way to win this election or any other one. I doubt they will, though.

"What's the number one method of achieving civil rights in America? Don't scare the white folks." ~ Eol Sha

Praise be to C-SPAN - Democrats Should Listen to Sanders - How I Voted on November 8, 2016 - Trump's Foreign Policy: Do Stupid Shit - Trump's Clock is Ticking

Jhet
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Jhet » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:11 pm

North America Inc wrote:Sorry I stated specifically that reserves are not okay in the Star Wars thread. Elerian reserved it on this thread before you have, you'll need to talk with him.

No I reserved six hours after Waz unreserved
Jhet wrote:Can I reserve the Imperial Warlord?

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:13 pm

Jhet wrote:
North America Inc wrote:Sorry I stated specifically that reserves are not okay in the Star Wars thread. Elerian reserved it on this thread before you have, you'll need to talk with him.

No I reserved six hours after Waz unreserved
Jhet wrote:Can I reserve the Imperial Warlord?

Oh I did not notice that, I apologize. I really need a Co-OP.

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:03 pm

Civics are now done. Now I'll be accepting applications. G and Aug if you want to change anything in your apps, now will be the time.

New United States of Columbia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New United States of Columbia » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:16 pm

Faction: The Kingdom of Vinlac
Leader: King Vultuth of Clan Kinolk
High Ranking Officials: Salvin of Clan Julvon, Erith of Clan Tyfon, Folkuth of Clan Kinolk
Civics: Developing Species, Representation, Laissez-Faire, Feudalism, and Cult of Personality
History: The Vinlac are a race of warrior lizards who've been on the planet for centuries. Their tribal culture is deep and only for the past four hundred years have they been united by an elected monarch from the clan heads. During the past four hundred years their technology increased dramatically to the point they'd be considered adequate to the rest of the galaxy. However, for the past ten years, they've been at war with a band of pirates and slavers who seek to turn them in for a powerful gangster to use as slaves for his illegal mining operations. Vultuth of Clan Kinolk, a powerful warrior and skilled leader, has led the Vinlac Military to a stalemate against the more advanced and powerful bands and is currently preparing to deal a final blow that should drive them off their homeworld.
Brief description of diplomatic relations: Unknown as they have only recently gone to space. However they'd be cautious and suspicious of outsiders.
Infrastructure and Claimed Worlds: System 3
Garden World (Dracheon), Near Garden World (Guams), Terrestrial (Sumas), Gas Giant (Irasiv), Gas Giant (Modos), Barren (Sedah), Asteroid Belt and Kuiper Belt.
Military:
a) Land and Aerial Units: Three units of militia and three units of infantry
b) Space Fleets: Two medium transport ships and two light cruisers

Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbDkSWqy_GI
RP Example: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=400626&p=30894427#p30894427
Questions and Suggestions: How do we use the dice and how does one know if we're not cheating/making things up?
Geth
Developing Species:200 (three districts, four refineries, three industrial factories) basic 10 credits month/ +infrastructure
Last edited by New United States of Columbia on Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
http://i.imgur.com/l5GAwrs.jpg
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature!

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:23 pm

North America Inc wrote:Civics are now done. Now I'll be accepting applications. G and Aug if you want to change anything in your apps, now will be the time.

Hmm. I'll probably rework civics, stand by.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:48 pm

I oringially had a pretty neat idea for a Warlords faction, but looks like that boat has sailed. Save me a spot as the New Republic, I have a bit of an unconventional take on them in the works. Should be interesting.
Me summed up in one sentence.

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

Ulls
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:54 pm

Which systems are taken and if possible can I reserve 10 and or 11?

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:56 pm

Bone Fort wrote:I oringially had a pretty neat idea for a Warlords faction, but looks like that boat has sailed. Save me a spot as the New Republic, I have a bit of an unconventional take on them in the works. Should be interesting.

Noted.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:58 pm

Alright, Civics chosen and fluffed. She should be good to go, North.

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:58 pm

Ulls wrote:Which systems are taken and if possible can I reserve 10 and or 11?

10 works for an indie.

Jhet
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Jhet » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:00 pm

Right, that should be the Holdout done.

New United States of Columbia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New United States of Columbia » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:04 pm

North America Inc, can I claim System 3 from your list? Or has it been taken already?
Last edited by New United States of Columbia on Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://i.imgur.com/l5GAwrs.jpg
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse