NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2016 Political RP [CLOSED] OOC Pt. V

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:47 pm

The Portland Territory wrote:
Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:Here my new main character, I will have him run for Governor or Senator of Rhode Island in 2018

(Image)

Character Information Sheet

NS Nation Name: DPRK
Character Name: Odafin Mustafa Berbama
Character Gender: Male
Character Age: 34
Character Height: 1.84m
Character Weight: 214 pounds
Character Role: State Senator from Rhode Island's 3rd district(2012-present), Public defender(2007-2012)
Appearance:
(Image)

Character State of Origin: Massachusetts
Character Party Affiliation: Democratic
Main Strengths: Powerful orator, Inspirational story, Strong minority appeal
Main Weaknesses: Complete nobody, Confident to the point of arrogance, Cannot debate aggressively, Ties with some controversial figures(Jeremiah Wright types)
Biography:
Born in Boston, Massachusetts to white father who was a Spaniard on a student visa, and a black mother who was a naturalized Muslim Tanzanian immigrant. His father was a full time student, while his mother was a janitor who worked tirelessly cleaning the halls of Harvard.

WIP

Other Info:
Rumors that he was born in Tanzania

Do Not Remove: 84721

Man, this guy'll really piss Egazarian off XD

He is based off of Barack Obama.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:47 pm

Er, is Reynolds counting the debt differently?
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:51 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:Er, is Reynolds counting the debt differently?

He's not counting intragovernmental debt.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:53 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:
Tallahassee News Station wrote:Er, is Reynolds counting the debt differently?

I don't think the numbers are right for that.

He really ought to have specified that to the crowd

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:59 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:

I don't think the numbers are right for that.

He really ought to have specified that to the crowd

Oh wait. Crap. I see what happened... technically it's only $15 trillion at the moment, public debt, but I had a typo when I went back to proof-read over it.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

The Portland Territory
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Portland Territory » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:05 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:btw, Portland, didn't you want to have a hacker character app made by you get accepted by TNS?

Nope, rejected because I reached the ax amount of characters

Which should be raised imo, or at least provide exceptions for non-politicians. That makes more sense
Korwin-Mikke 2020
Տխերք հավակեկ բոզերա. Կոոնել կոոնելով Արաչ ենկ երտոոմ մինչեվ Բակու

16 year old Monarchist from Rhode Island. Interested in economics, governance, metaphysical philosophy, European + Near Eastern history, vexillology, faith, hunting, automotive, ranching, science fiction, music, and anime.

Pro: Absolute Monarchy, Lex Rex, Subsidiarity, Guild Capitalism, Property Rights, Tridentine Catholicism, Unlimited Gun Rights, Hierarchy, Traditionalism, Ethnic Nationalism, Irredentism
Mixed: Fascism, Anarcho Capitalism, Donald Trump
Against: Democracy/ Democratic Republicanism, Egalitarianism, Direct Taxation, Cultural Marxism, Redistribution of Wealth

The Portland Territory
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Portland Territory » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:05 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
The Portland Territory wrote:Man, this guy'll really piss Egazarian off XD

He is based off of Barack Obama.

Like I said, man, this guy'll really piss Egazarian
Korwin-Mikke 2020

16 year old Monarchist from Rhode Island. Interested in economics, governance, metaphysical philosophy, European + Near Eastern history, vexillology, faith, hunting, automotive, ranching, science fiction, music, and anime.

Pro: Absolute Monarchy, Lex Rex, Subsidiarity, Guild Capitalism, Property Rights, Tridentine Catholicism, Unlimited Gun Rights, Hierarchy, Traditionalism, Ethnic Nationalism, Irredentism
Against: Democracy/ Democratic Republicanism, Egalitarianism, Direct Taxation, Cultural Marxism, Redistribution of Wealth

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:07 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:He is based off of Barack Obama.

Like I said, man, this guy'll really piss Egazarian

He might be a nice guy, who knows? They might become coffee pals.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

The Portland Territory
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Portland Territory » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:09 pm

The Portland Territory wrote:Like I said, man, this guy'll really piss Egazarian

He might be a nice guy, who knows? They might become coffee pals.

I dunno, maybe. But the chances are slim, looking at his background
Korwin-Mikke 2020

The Portland Territory
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Portland Territory » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:10 pm

Heh, speaking of coffee, everyone in my table at English class has come to the conclusion that I'll be the guy working in an office putting rum into my coffee every morning. And to be honest, that probably wont be far from the truth XD
Korwin-Mikke 2020

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:11 pm

Here is your dosage of outrageous fact of the day: "Combining the figures above with the national debt and subtracting the value of federal assets, the federal government had about $84.3 trillion ($84,306,000,000,000) in debts, liabilities, and unfunded obligations at the close of its 2016 fiscal year.[23]"

Source: http://www.justfacts.com/nationaldebt.asp#quantifying

New Orleans, Louisiana.

The Portland Territory
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Portland Territory » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:15 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:Here is your dosage of outrageous fact of the day: "Combining the figures above with the national debt and subtracting the value of federal assets, the federal government had about $84.3 trillion ($84,306,000,000,000) in debts, liabilities, and unfunded obligations at the close of its 2016 fiscal year.[23]"

Source: http://www.justfacts.com/nationaldebt.asp#quantifying

Thanks Obama!

and Bush, and Clinton, and other Bush, and Reagan.........
Korwin-Mikke 2020

The Portland Territory
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Portland Territory » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:17 pm

Also, does any senator here care enough to cosponsor a bill recognizing the Armenian Genocide?
Korwin-Mikke 2020

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:19 pm

The Portland Territory wrote:Also, does any senator here care enough to cosponsor a bill recognizing the Armenian Genocide?

I'd imagine since Turkey is no longer a member of NATO, it might have some support from those who wish to keep it that way while opposition from neocons and others who wish to bring Turkey back in some day.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

The Portland Territory
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Portland Territory » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:21 pm

The Portland Territory wrote:Also, does any senator here care enough to cosponsor a bill recognizing the Armenian Genocide?

I'd imagine since Turkey is no longer a member of NATO, it might have some support from those who wish to keep it that way while opposition from neocons and others who wish to bring Turkey back in some day.

I'd imagine it to have a good amount of support, especially given that Turkey is pretty much out of the picture
Korwin-Mikke 2020

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:25 pm

I'd imagine it to have a good amount of support, especially given that Turkey is pretty much out of the picture

The big issue is that it pisses off Turkey and there is little (if nothing) to be gained from its' passage. Sure it might be a good gesture, but Turkey is key in the fight against ISIS and the overall stabilization of the Middle East. You can bet that there will be opposition, especially from Egazarian's fellow Republicans who are probably wanting to bring Turkey back into NATO for a host of strategic geopolitical reasons.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

The Portland Territory
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Portland Territory » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:29 pm

The Portland Territory wrote:I'd imagine it to have a good amount of support, especially given that Turkey is pretty much out of the picture

The big issue is that it pisses off Turkey and there is little (if nothing) to be gained from its' passage. Sure it might be a good gesture, but Turkey is key in the fight against ISIS and the overall stabilization of the Middle East. You can bet that there will be opposition, especially from Egazarian's fellow Republicans who are probably wanting to bring Turkey back into NATO for a host of strategic geopolitical reasons.

Perhaps, but it's more than a gesture. I mean, we already told Turkey to go fuck themselves, passing this would hurt anything more than it already has been. Plus, what's the point of recognizing the Holocaust when we dont recognize the first genocide of the 20th century? Politics is nothing compared to morals
Korwin-Mikke 2020

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:32 pm

You mean like this?

Official Name: Recognition of the Ottoman Genocides Bill

Overview: Given the wide scholarly and historical consensus that the Young Turk Government had deliberately planned, orchestrated, and carried out the mass killings of ethnic Armenian, Greek, Assyrian, and Aramaean Persons, throughout the Ottoman Empire, we, the Congress of the United States, do hereby recognize the killings of the aforementioned persons, as a genocide and a crime against humanity, which, through direct or indirect action, killed as many as three million people. We denounce the continued denial of these atrocities by foreign powers, and give full recognition to the genocide of the aforementioned groups.

Section 1: From as early as 1914, the Young Turk Government of the Ottoman Empire, led by Mehmed Talaat Pasha, Ismail Enver Pasha, and Ahmed Djemal Pasha, did deliberately and willingly mastermind the mass-extermination of persons of Armenian, Greek, Assyrian, and Aramaean ethnicity. The aforementioned leaders, aided by various other officials within the Turkish Government, then embarked upon a brutal campaign of torment and extermination, causing the deaths of as many as three million men, women, and children. Furthermore, the actions of the Turkish Government clearly and fully constitute genocide, and should be remembered and memorialized as such.

Section 2: Therefore, this bill, in the interests of truth and justice, hereby recognizes that the Turkish Government did, from 1914 - 1923, deliberately orchestrate the Genocide of persons of Armenian, Greek, Assyrian, and Aramaean ethnicity.

This bill is then honorably presented to the Senate for consideration in order to give full recognition to the Armenian, Greek, Assyrian, and Aramaean Genocides, to improve the United States Law and is backed by Senator Timothy Kirkwell.
Last edited by Tallahassee News Station on Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:35 pm

Character Information Sheet

NS Nation Name: DPRK
Character Name: Odafin Mustafa Berbama
Character Gender: Male
Character Age: 34
Character Height: 1.84m
Character Weight: 214 pounds
Character Role: State Senator from Rhode Island's 3rd district(2012-present), Public defender(2007-2012)
Appearance:

Character State of Origin: Massachusetts
Character Party Affiliation: Democratic
Main Strengths: Powerful orator, Inspirational story, Strong minority appeal
Main Weaknesses: Complete nobody, Confident to the point of arrogance, Cannot debate aggressively, Ties with some controversial figures(Jeremiah Wright types)
Biography:
Born in Boston, Massachusetts to white father who was a Spaniard on a student visa, and a black mother who was a naturalized Muslim Tanzanian immigrant. His father was a full time student, while his mother was a janitor who worked tirelessly cleaning the halls of Harvard. However despite his humble background, he grew up in a rather stable two parent household. Despite, the hardships his parents went through their sheer grit and determination always seemed to make things work out, whether it be his father's naturalization ceremony, or their first car which they got after scouring Boston for the entirety of a week before finding a vehicle in their price range, or even when his father sent out dozens of job applications and finally got a job as a junior accountant in a microwave factory. His parents did their best to provide for their son, even forgoing the

WIP

Positions:

Social Issues:
Completely pro gay marriage
Personally against abortion but believes that every woman should have the right to her own body
Believes in funding Planned Parenthood
Thinks LGBTQ couples should have the same adoption priority as straight couples
Strongly against businesses having the right to deny service due to religious reasons
Pro-assisted suicide
Does not support death penalty

Immigration:
Believes that illegal immigrants who commit violent crimes should be deported
Wants more legal immigration into the USA
Supports expedited H-1B visa processing

Foreign Policy:
Supports taking in as many refugees as can be safely processed and vetted
Wants government to take a neutral position on the Israel issue
Believes that other NATO countries should start paying more
Wants to cooperate with Russia insofar as to destroy ISIS
Believes current foreign aid spending is sufficient

Healthcare:
Supports Winstoncare, but would like to see more
Supports a UHS personally but thinks it will cause too big of a strain on the federal budget
Wants to replace the individual mandate system with a public option
Supports marijuana legalization
Believes government should regulate prices of life saving drugs
Believes that government should spend more on medicaid

Economy:
Supports equal pay for equal work
Believes in raising taxes on rich
Believes that minimum wage should be raised to 11 dollars an hour
Supports NAFTA
Opposes TPP
Believes in offering tax breaks for companies to create jobs in the US
Supports labor unions
Supports paid maternal leave
Supports one week of paid sick leave a year
Believes strongly in economic stimulus
Believes in increasing the estate tax
Supports farmer subsidies
Supports overtime pay
Supports a bailout of Puerto Rico, on the condition that reforms are offered \
Believes in increasing pensions to government workers

Domestic:
Strong supporter of universal background checks
Believes people on no-fly lists should not be allowed to buy guns
Wants to weaken the PATRIOT act, but not repeal completely
Supports eminent domain as long as the owners are compensated with a price far above the fair market price
Supports affirmative action, though would prefer it was reformed so that social status played a bigger role
Supports net neutrality

Education:
Against common core
Believes in less standardized testing
Supports making college free, though has not figured out how yet

Environment:
Supports cap and trade
Against fracking
Against offshore drilling
Believes in immediate halt on construction of oil pipelines
Wants more funding for renewable sources
Firmly against nuclear power plants

Science:
Supports mandatory vaccines
Believes in funding space exploration
Believes in labeling GMOs

Criminal:
Supports nationwide police body cameras
Believes in banning juvenile solitary confinement
Believes in banning torture in all circumstances
Supports a more Nordic style prison system

Other Info:
Rumors that he was born in Tanzania

Do Not Remove: 84721
Last edited by Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi on Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass

What have we done...

The Portland Territory
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Portland Territory » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:38 pm

You mean like this?

Overview: Given the wide scholarly and historical consensus that the Young Turk Government had deliberately planned, orchestrated, and carried out the mass killings of ethnic Armenian, Greek, Assyrian, and Aramaean Persons, throughout the Ottoman Empire, we, the Congress of the United States, do hereby recognize the killings of the aforementioned persons, as a genocide and a crime against humanity, which, through direct or indirect action, killed as many as three million people. We denounce the continued denial of these atrocities by foreign powers, and give full recognition to the genocide of the aforementioned groups.

Section 1: From as early as 1914, the Young Turk Government of the Ottoman Empire, led by Mehmed Talaat Pasha, Ismail Enver Pasha, and Ahmed Djemal Pasha, did deliberately and willingly mastermind the mass-extermination of persons of Armenian, Greek, Assyrian, and Aramaean ethnicity. The aforementioned leaders, aided by various other officials within the Turkish Government, then embarked upon a brutal campaign of torment and extermination, causing the deaths of as many as three million men, women, and children. Furthermore, the actions of the Turkish Government clearly and fully constitute genocide, and should be remembered and memorialized as such.

Section 2: Therefore, this bill, in the interests of truth and justice, hereby recognizes that the Turkish Government did, from 1914 - 1923, deliberately orchestrate the Genocide of persons of Armenian, Greek, Assyrian, and Aramaean ethnicity.

This bill is then honorably presented to the Senate for consideration in order to give full recognition to the Armenian, Greek, Assyrian, and Aramaean Genocides, to improve the United States Law and is backed by Senator Timothy Kirkwell.

Shoes. Was it passed?
Korwin-Mikke 2020

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:38 pm

You mean like this?

Shoes. Was it passed?

Not yet

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:39 pm

So how do you think Berbama is coming along?

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

The Portland Territory
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Portland Territory » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:39 pm

The Portland Territory wrote:Shoes. Was it passed?

Not yet

Oh, so it hasn't even been voted on?
Korwin-Mikke 2020

The Portland Territory
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Portland Territory » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:43 pm

Also, Pro, I haven't really spoken about it yet, but, with no offense at all, many if not most people haven't really written their bills in Congress incorrectly. Perhaps I could send you a guide on how to write them that you can post in the OP?
Last edited by The Portland Territory on Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Korwin-Mikke 2020

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:52 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:
TNS, make sure you post in the news about the leaked email when Kelvnsi sends it to you. Just a bit of a reminder.

I've gotten the info-but Xath's gonna be making the post, he wanted to do it, so he's writing the story. I don't know when he'll be done. If that's not done by tomorrow at the latest, I'll write on and his can come later

Could I have the email?
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse