NATION

PASSWORD

The Ancient Ones: Age of Nothingness(Multiverse Xover)OOC-2

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The United Equstrian Front
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Equstrian Front » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:23 am

The Intergalactic Russian Empire wrote:
The United Equstrian Front wrote:so yeah should I make a post for Atern's new Arc?

Wait for Aetern, he's gonna post his Arc start today.

Shweet

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:51 am

Wheatley Laboratories wrote:Deros, if the doctor does seperate the cores, that's fine.
I have another, better idea!

So, we rebuild Chell a bit. (Virgil can help, he's a mechanic.)
As well as rebuilding the portal and zero-point energy manipulator mechanism, we add treads to her. They allow her to go up walls and roll on the roof as well.

And then we remove the little Aperture logo. Put something like the saturn logo in it's place or something.

Maybe you can use some of that Universe Glue mentioned earlier.

On another note, what's the gore level allowed? I used to host a few RPs and they were, ahem, vivid.
Last edited by The Palmetto on Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
A rowdy redneck from South Carolina who tries to RP every now and again.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

Taigawa
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Taigawa » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:54 am

The Palmetto wrote:
Wheatley Laboratories wrote:Deros, if the doctor does seperate the cores, that's fine.
I have another, better idea!

So, we rebuild Chell a bit. (Virgil can help, he's a mechanic.)
As well as rebuilding the portal and zero-point energy manipulator mechanism, we add treads to her. They allow her to go up walls and roll on the roof as well.

And then we remove the little Aperture logo. Put something like the saturn logo in it's place or something.

Maybe you can use some of that Universe Glue mentioned earlier.

On another note, what's the gore level allowed? I used to host a few RPs and they were, ahem, vivid.

Just don't break NS rules. I once had Neyla rip another char apart and eat him, so I guess it's fine as long as you don't go overboard.
Tier 1, primarily anthro nation inspired by Halo, Mass Effect, and Asian culture. NS Stats are irrelevent to The Ecumene.

Alert Status
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] Alert Status: 1- Total War Declared- Use of WMDs is authorized
Neyla is the only character to ever embarress Kyoki. All Forum 7 Characters
24 years old and female.

The Dark Brotherhood of Deros
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark Brotherhood of Deros » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:57 am

Okay, Pruss, Lab, what all has happened in the TARDIS? That'll be in my next post.
"Don't curse the darkness, light a candle! When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" - Hades
The Four Swords of the Guild
Respect for nature, Life as a community, Crafting from nature, and Prosperity from nature.

My RPs
The Ancient Ones: Age of Nothingness
Aeternabilis wrote:
The Intergalactic Russian Empire wrote:I'm waiting for Aetern, might post tomorrow either way, though.

Deros is waiting on you who's waiting on me who's waiting on Petro who's (I assume) waiting on the Soviet guy. It's a conga line of waiting and sadness up in here.

Kaidou wrote:We Asian millennials are like bananas. Our skin is yellow, but on the inside, we're pretty much white.

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:07 am

Can Z crash somewhere?
Gurori is currently being refurbished, please excuse any inconsistencies in the meantime.
Puppet master of Neo Gurori.

This nation will never reflect my actual views.
Also, NS Stats are absolutely non-canon.

Taigawa
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taigawa » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:08 am

Gurori wrote:Can Z crash somewhere?

Who is Z?
Tier 1, primarily anthro nation inspired by Halo, Mass Effect, and Asian culture. NS Stats are irrelevent to The Ecumene.

Alert Status
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] Alert Status: 1- Total War Declared- Use of WMDs is authorized
24 years old and female.

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:09 am

Taigawa wrote:
Gurori wrote:Can Z crash somewhere?

Who is Z?

I ain't gonna copy and paste his app from the archive into here, you'll need to visit it.
Gurori is currently being refurbished, please excuse any inconsistencies in the meantime.

Taigawa
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taigawa » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:13 am

Gurori wrote:
Taigawa wrote:Who is Z?

I ain't gonna copy and paste his app from the archive into here, you'll need to visit it.

I don't want that, just the basics...so I'll know what I'm dealing with.

Alert Status
24 years old and female.

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:16 am

Taigawa wrote:
Gurori wrote:

Androgynous Half Blood with Weak Psychokinesis, Superhuman Abilities, Healing Factor and Bodily Temperature Control. Not really that powerful at all.

Carmonia
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Carmonia » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:19 am

Prusselanden wrote:https://prussiastronk.tumblr.com/image/158726259089
More Iggy and Quetz stuffs

I like da sneks.

Taigawa
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taigawa » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:21 am

Gurori wrote:
Taigawa wrote:

Androgynous Half Blood with Weak Psychokinesis, Superhuman Abilities, Healing Factor and Bodily Temperature Control. Not really that powerful at all.

I guess you could crash with any of my chars.

Sylvia is in her home town.

Neyla is in Armarli, on Thessia.

Cynder is.....on a random planet in a random universe. I didn't specify where when I posted for her.

Alert Status
24 years old and female.

The Intergalactic Russian Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Intergalactic Russian Empire » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:31 am

I'll wait for Aetern before posting.
Call me Russia, Rus, or IRE
Paketo wrote:
Alleniana wrote:'the Blacks in the region began to proliferate"
What? What does that even mean? Like, they took over and castrated all the non-blacks?

it means the baby daddies and their sugar mommas got busy and out produced the whites asians and everyone else

Apto wrote:
Aeternabilis wrote:Time for the Second Battle for Kongou's Body! Now with 3x the combatants!

That sounds so lewd when taken out of context. :rofl:
clay_the_awsome: Horny teens are what made this species great to begin with
What is honor compared to a woman's love? What is duty against the feel of a newborn son in your arms ... or the memory of a brother's smile? - Aemon Targaryen
Flag credit to The Palmetto

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:41 am

The Intergalactic Russian Empire wrote:I'll wait for Aetern before posting.

The Arc I'm in is the Mutaverse Arc, right?
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

The Intergalactic Russian Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Intergalactic Russian Empire » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:43 am

The Palmetto wrote:
The Intergalactic Russian Empire wrote:I'll wait for Aetern before posting.

The Arc I'm in is the Mutaverse Arc, right?

Yeah, we're about to leave for that universe. Just need to wait for him (Aetern mostly finished his post yesterday, but decided to rest and finish it today)
Call me Russia, Rus, or IRE
Paketo wrote:
Alleniana wrote:'the Blacks in the region began to proliferate"
What? What does that even mean? Like, they took over and castrated all the non-blacks?

it means the baby daddies and their sugar mommas got busy and out produced the whites asians and everyone else

Apto wrote:
Aeternabilis wrote:Time for the Second Battle for Kongou's Body! Now with 3x the combatants!

That sounds so lewd when taken out of context. :rofl:
clay_the_awsome: Horny teens are what made this species great to begin with
What is honor compared to a woman's love? What is duty against the feel of a newborn son in your arms ... or the memory of a brother's smile? - Aemon Targaryen
Flag credit to The Palmetto

Wheatley Laboratories
Minister

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Wheatley Laboratories » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:25 am

The Dark Brotherhood of Deros wrote:Okay, Pruss, Lab, what all has happened in the TARDIS? That'll be in my next post.

Nothing really.
Chell and Virgil are a little nervous about the doctor's operation skills.
========WARNING========
CRITICAL ERROR

SYSTEM SHUTDOWN IMMINENT

^^%€»}[•¢~~%%&«g0OdBYe{]©¢¡$*###!}?

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:46 am

If this Multiverse theory with the bouncing balls is what we're going by, then my heads gonna start to hurt. I guess it's obligatory for me to explain my theory on the whole deal to clear things up to anyone bothering to keep up with me.

The thing with the universe for my most recent character (Adrian) is as follows. This may get meta.

The NS region of some of my friends, which I have been RPing in for quite some time both on and off NS and Discord, is essentially it's own multiverse in itself, complete with passages to access the other universes in the form of rifts, which had began to appear and disappear at random until the truth behind them was revealed. How it works is simple - we've done a lot of RPs in the past of the group of varying era and time period, such as sci fi, Cold War, what have you. The rifts were thought to be inaccessible and only voids to nothingness, so no one even bothered to enter them. For every new iteration of the RP that we did, or for every era change or region change, a new universe in this multiverse of roleplaying was created by the hypothetical god-like beings known as "The Authors", otherwise known as, well, us. Or, in this instance, me. Each region or universe fell under the overarching multiverse of "Elsewhere", so the current iteration would go by Elsewhere-Thanatos, for example. The one before would be Elsewhere-Alliance, named after the UN counterpart of the RP.

It was only until we included two other external regions, CSAT and TESU, in our first Tri-Regional rp, that the whole multiverse concept of this was actually made. The three regions, set in 2020, were all interconnected to each other via rifts, which were the center point of the RP as most major events revolved around them. One of the nations drew up the concept of an "Expanded, connected universe", where the possibility of other universes being out in this overarching Multiverse actually created a dozen of "idea" universes, which have been either lost to history (or revived in Adrian's world) or re created as new ideas. The discovery of a strange, anomalous Crystal in Afghanistan by a member of my nation was the catalyst to Adrian discovering the truth behind the rifts - created as gateways to access the other universe and even multiverse ourside or Elsewhere, given the status of the broken walls.

So, in effect, the characters of our RPs had found out about the universe we had created for them, which became even more meta when some traveled back in time to avert a World War 3 crisis. This went so far to the point where the 2020 iteration of my nation actually invaded what remained of one universe, abandoned after a huge nuclear war decimated the RP. Not to mention the aliens from another universe that knew about all this way before the humans knew, but that's another story for another time.

So yeah, that's the concept. Tl:dr - For every new RP created or rebooted on portal to the multiverse, especially multiverse RPs, another universe or multiverse is created. Essentially, if this was the case, we could face off in a hypothetical conflict between the characters of The Ancient ones and the characters of Age of Nothingness.

Sorry if I hurt y'alls eyes or heads. Also, tag.

Post up soon.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:50 am

Turmenista wrote:If this Multiverse theory with the bouncing balls is what we're going by, then my heads gonna start to hurt. I guess it's obligatory for me to explain my theory on the whole deal to clear things up to anyone bothering to keep up with me.

The thing with the universe for my most recent character (Adrian) is as follows. This may get meta.

The NS region of some of my friends, which I have been RPing in for quite some time both on and off NS and Discord, is essentially it's own multiverse in itself, complete with passages to access the other universes in the form of rifts, which had began to appear and disappear at random until the truth behind them was revealed. How it works is simple - we've done a lot of RPs in the past of the group of varying era and time period, such as sci fi, Cold War, what have you. The rifts were thought to be inaccessible and only voids to nothingness, so no one even bothered to enter them. For every new iteration of the RP that we did, or for every era change or region change, a new universe in this multiverse of roleplaying was created by the hypothetical god-like beings known as "The Authors", otherwise known as, well, us. Or, in this instance, me. Each region or universe fell under the overarching multiverse of "Elsewhere", so the current iteration would go by Elsewhere-Thanatos, for example. The one before would be Elsewhere-Alliance, named after the UN counterpart of the RP.

It was only until we included two other external regions, CSAT and TESU, in our first Tri-Regional rp, that the whole multiverse concept of this was actually made. The three regions, set in 2020, were all interconnected to each other via rifts, which were the center point of the RP as most major events revolved around them. One of the nations drew up the concept of an "Expanded, connected universe", where the possibility of other universes being out in this overarching Multiverse actually created a dozen of "idea" universes, which have been either lost to history (or revived in Adrian's world) or re created as new ideas. The discovery of a strange, anomalous Crystal in Afghanistan by a member of my nation was the catalyst to Adrian discovering the truth behind the rifts - created as gateways to access the other universe and even multiverse ourside or Elsewhere, given the status of the broken walls.

So, in effect, the characters of our RPs had found out about the universe we had created for them, which became even more meta when some traveled back in time to avert a World War 3 crisis. This went so far to the point where the 2020 iteration of my nation actually invaded what remained of one universe, abandoned after a huge nuclear war decimated the RP. Not to mention the aliens from another universe that knew about all this way before the humans knew, but that's another story for another time.

So yeah, that's the concept. Tl:dr - For every new RP created or rebooted on portal to the multiverse, especially multiverse RPs, another universe or multiverse is created. Essentially, if this was the case, we could face off in a hypothetical conflict between the characters of The Ancient ones and the characters of Age of Nothingness.

Post up soon.

Mostly how I view multiverse theory for my other RPs.

Wheatley Laboratories
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Wheatley Laboratories » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:55 am

Deros, what do you think of tput on the previous page?
I'm going to put an image up soon.
========WARNING========
CRITICAL ERROR

SYSTEM SHUTDOWN IMMINENT

Wheatley Laboratories
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Wheatley Laboratories » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:04 am

Here we go:

========WARNING========
CRITICAL ERROR

SYSTEM SHUTDOWN IMMINENT

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:12 am

Wheatley Laboratories wrote:Here we go:

Neaterino.

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:13 am

Turmenista wrote:If this Multiverse theory with the bouncing balls is what we're going by, then my heads gonna start to hurt. I guess it's obligatory for me to explain my theory on the whole deal to clear things up to anyone bothering to keep up with me.

Post up soon.

But Age of Nothingness is in the same multiverse as The Ancient Ones.

I'm going to be coming up with my own theory which expands upon Osnil's.

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:15 am

Hello hello
What is a sig? A miserable little pile of words! But enough talk!
Have at you!

The United Equstrian Front
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Equstrian Front » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:23 am

Mundeo wrote:Hello hello

Sup

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:32 am

Osnil Returns wrote:
Gurori wrote:
Elaborate on your Multiverse Travel Theory pls.

The Multiverse is like a room full of bouncing balls, or universes. The balls are travelling at different speeds.The balls are bouncing off one another constantly. The moment they touch, they create Ley Lines. The Ley Lines are what allow one thing to travel to another universe. The Ley Lines are temporary though, since the balls are travelling at different speeds. Often times, when a ball has been hit in one spot, it is more likely to attract another ball at that exact juncture, which often times forces one thing to travel to another universe.

The Multiverse was essentially a network of rooms, each one containing a universe. A universe would bounce around it's room constantly. However, when the walls of the multiverse fell the universes were allowed to fly around freely. Since each universe is flying around at a different speed from one another, as a result universes are bouncing off each other at random. When a Universe A hits Universe B, it forms a tear on that spot in both universes. These tears are just like Osnil's Ley Lines where they are temporary paths between the two Universes. When a tear is opened, it takes about half a day for it to close. During that time the two universes are essentially connected. Once it closes they disconnect and move away from each other.

However, there are some universes that shared the same "room" and some that are even permanently connected to others. An example of a universe being permanently connected to an other could actually be the 12 Universes of Dragon Ball (hell, DBZ even supports Universes being balls).

A common size for a tear formed by a universe connection is about the size of the average galaxy (quite on the universal scale). If however a tear is big enough, it can essentially allow the two universes to merge and become one.

As for what happens if you somehow penetrate a Universe and don't enter another, I'm not sure but It probably doesn't cause unplanned deconstruction since Zalgo's Palace of GLASS survives peacefully outside any Universe.
Last edited by Gurori on Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wheatley Laboratories
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Wheatley Laboratories » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:40 am

Gurori wrote:
Osnil Returns wrote:
The Multiverse is like a room full of bouncing balls, or universes. The balls are travelling at different speeds.The balls are bouncing off one another constantly. The moment they touch, they create Ley Lines. The Ley Lines are what allow one thing to travel to another universe. The Ley Lines are temporary though, since the balls are travelling at different speeds. Often times, when a ball has been hit in one spot, it is more likely to attract another ball at that exact juncture, which often times forces one thing to travel to another universe.

The Multiverse was essentially a network of rooms, each one containing a universe. A universe would bounce around it's room constantly. However, when the walls of the multiverse fell the universes were allowed to fly around freely. Since each universe is flying around at a different speed from one another, as a result universes are bouncing off each other at random. When a Universe A hits Universe B, it forms a tear on that spot in both universes. These tears are just like Osnil's Ley Lines where they are temporary paths between the two Universes. When a tear is opened, it takes about half a day for it to close. During that time the two universes are essentially connected. Once it closes they disconnect and move away from each other.

However, there are some universes that shared the same "room" and some that are even permanently connected to others. An example of a universe being permanently connected to an other could actually be the 12 Universes of Dragon Ball (hell, DBZ even supports Universes being balls).

A common size for a tear formed by a universe connection is about the size of the average galaxy (quite on the universal scale). If however a tear is big enough, it can essentially allow the two universes to merge and become one.

As for what happens if you somehow penetrate a Universe and don't enter another, I'm not sure but It probably doesn't cause unplanned deconstruction since Zalgo's Palace of GLASS survives peacefully outside any Universe.

Ooooooh.
========WARNING========
CRITICAL ERROR

SYSTEM SHUTDOWN IMMINENT

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse