NATION

PASSWORD

War on the Horizon(OOC/AH/Interwar Era/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Kisinger
Senator

Founded: Oct 26, 2014
Father Knows Best State

War on the Horizon(OOC/AH/Interwar Era/Open)

Postby Kisinger » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:16 pm

Archive|Theme

The War to End All Wars lasted four years.... From August of 1914 till November of 1918... Millions were lost in fighting that stretched from Asia to Europe and Africa. For four long years, Germany battered France in the trenches of the Western Front, out maneuvered Russian Armies on the Eastern Front and helped the Ottomans in the Middle East. All to no avail as in 1917, the United States of America entered the war and brought a new Giant to the fight, a giant which was able to restore morale among the disheartened Allied Troops, as well as provide more industrial goods and troops though they were few in number. The war would only last a year... The Polish State created out of the spoils of war from the German Victory over Russia quickly turned on it's master in July of 1918, quickly seizing much of the German and Austro-Hungarian heartland, from Silesia and East Prussia, to Northern Bukovina and Galicia-Lodomeria. Finally Germany and the remainder of the Central Powers surrender in November. The Treaty of Versailles when signed by the German Delegation destroyed and redrew the borders of Germany, with it losing Alsace-Lorraine, the Rhineland, East Prussia, Silesia, and Danzig. It's colonies were divided up between Japan, France, and the United Kingdom. The once pristine Imperial Armed Forces of the German Empire was no more... Limited to a mere one hundred thousand men, Four battleships, a handful of cruisers, and were forbidden from acquiring tanks and aeroplanes to rearm themselves. Not to mention the large amount of reparations it now owed to France, the UK, and the United States. Austria-Hungary fared no better... By the end of the war, Austria had collapsed in on itself and in all reality was limited to Austria proper. Hungary attempted to maintain control of Transylvania but Romanian Troops simply overran the fledgling Republic and later the Soviet Republic destroying all hope for the grand Magyar Empire to retain much of its former glory.

This peace will not last however... Now it is 1925 and Italy, a nation that feels betrayed by the Entente and tainted by the ideas of Fascism, now looks to regain territory that is "rightfully" theirs in Yugoslavia and Africa. Russia, divided by Civil War and united by blood and steel under Kerensky now stands poised to regain much of it's lost territories both in Europe and Asia. Japan, while formally a part of the Entente it now seeks to expand its Empire further as it now eyes the region of Manchuria and the islands of the Pacific not under their control. Germany, now a nation who deeply resents the Treaty of Versailles rearms itself in secret as it develops aeroplanes and tanks to maybe one day take back all lost territory.

In the end, while peace maybe maintained for now War is Always on the Horizon...

Staff

Co-OP(s)

The Rules of the roleplay are not meant to be complex but as simple as possible with detailed explanations. If you have any problems address them to a Co-OP or the OP.

There are some very basic commandments that are and always will be in place in any of my roleplays.

1.) Thou shalt always listen to thy OPs
2.) Thou shalt not break any forum rule
3.) Thou shalt not meta game, or power game
4.) Thou shalt not interact with a NPC without OP consent
5.) Thou shalt not argue with any OP without due cause
6.) Thou shalt use proper Grammar and spelling
7.) Thou shalt not use one liners and have a minimum of 2 paragraphs per post
8.) Thou shalt always date thou's posts
9.) Thou shalt not be an ass
10.) Thou shalt follow these as they are next to God's words

Realism

Realism is a central part of any quality roleplay and most be upheld to the utmost standards. These standards are usually defined by not making choices that are considered ASB, or "So unrealistic only Alien Space Bats could of made it work." With that being said, it is still Alternate History and by definition fiction, so if you believe you have a plausible realistic idea, don't be afraid to put it forward, however, it will be criticized to the utmost possibility to make it truly believable. Please do note that realism applies to every aspect of roleplay, so be wary because the OP or Co-OP may declare your choices void if it is considered to be unrealistic by either the OP or Co-OP board.

"Life is stranger than Fiction"

History

History plays a very important role in this roleplay because it is Alternate History so please avoid copying existing nations and pasting them into your app, not only will your app be ignored, continued posting of said thing will lead to a removement of you from the roleplay. With this section I'd also like to list events that happened without a doubt to set a timeline for you all.
    -WORK IN PROGRESS ASK OP FOR HELP IF NEEDED-

Diplomacy

Diplomacy is a key part to the Interwar Era, so it will be one of the most watched events within the roleplay. With that said please do make realistic choices, that's all I ask. In fact I demand that you do. Note: Any Conferences that are concluded will need to be made in a separate thread by the Admin Team please send a telegram so we can set one up and link it in the OP.

Warfare

Warfare is to be deiced inbetween players how the war or a certain battle should play out, if either cannot come to an agreement the OP Board shall make a declaration of who will win. So we highly advise you to talk it out before we have to get involved into.

Technology

Understanding the limitations of your nation's technology is important. Make sure that you play according to that technology. This is 1925, so look up what technology your nation had when the RP starts and remember that if you do want to stretch the line make sure it is realistic. As well as remember if you don't have something you can usually buy it from another nation unless it's a highly guarded secret or the OP Board finds it highly unrealistic to be sold to other nations.

Staff

The Staff of the roleplay will be hand picked by the OP. However, if you feel you can make a major contribution to the roleplay then telegram Kisinger..

Applications and Reservations

I am allowing reservations but remember if someone makes an application first, and you have not made one within 24 hours, they will get reviewed first and possibly accepted.

Applications aren't going to be somewhat demanding of the player so make it simple to a degree just don't put out crap and at least try and put forth some effort into it at the very least.

Events

There will be random, Codeword is events, events so watch your back and be sure not to piss of the OP ;)

Time

There is no set pace for time. Things will happen and the OP Board shall decide what time it is by how many posts and what kind of posts are occurring.

Code: Select all
[box][size=150][b]Reservation[/b][/size]
        [b]Nation Name: [/b] (Name of Your Nation)       
        [b]Map: [/b] (Put a link to your claims here)
        [b] How long does a Reservation last? [/b](required)
        [b]Codeword: [/b] (required)[/box]

Code: Select all
        [box][size=150][b]Generic Info[/b][/size]
        [b]Nation Name: [/b] (Name of Your Nation)
        [b]Symbols: [/b] (ex. Flag, Coat of Arms, National Anthem, personifications, etc.)
        [b]Homeland Population: [/b] (population of everyone considered a citizen)
        [b]Map: [/b] (Put a link to your claims here)
        [b]Capital City: [/b] (The Administrative Center of Your Nation)

[size=150][b]Government Info[/b][/size]
        [b]Government Type:[/b] (ex. The USA is a [i]Presidential Constitutional Federal Republic[/i])
        [b]Brief Explanation of Government:[/b] (explain all the complex/unique stuff that can't be described in the type section)
        [b]Ideology:[/b]  (Refer to [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_ideologies]this[/url])
        [b]Leader/s:[/b]  (Head of State, Head of Government, etc.)

[size=150][b]Population Info[/b][/size]
        [b]Brief Description of your people:[/b] (Describe your people)
        [b]Religion:[/b] (The religion or religions your nation follows)
        [b]Ethnicity:[/b] (The Ethnicity of your people)
        [b]Main/Accepted Culture(s):[/b] (Cultures that are dominant and the government favors)
        [b]Other Cultures:[/b] (Cultures that aren't accepted by the government/people)

[size=150][b]Military Info[/b][/size]
        [b]Army: [/b] (branches, number of troops, quality of army, etc,)
        [b]Navy: [/b] (branches, number of troops, quality of navy, etc,)
        [b]Airforce: [/b] (branches, number of troops, quality of airforce, etc,)

[size=150]Other Info[/size]
        [b]Brief Description of your Economy:[/b]
        [b]Goals: [/b] (What are your goals?)
        [b]History: [/b] (The History of your nation)
        [b]RP Sample:[/b] (required)
        [b]Codeword: [/b] (required)
        429 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.[/box]

Roster

Accepted

Reserved

Ukraine-Kisinger
      United Kingdom-Lunas
      Germany-Vredlandia/Pichto
      Japan-Allen
      France-Max
      USA-Reatra
      China-Newne Caribbean
      Romania-Thrace
      Russia-Liec
      Arabia-Krugmar
      Italy-Elepis
      Greece-Columbia

Pending Judgement

Last edited by Kisinger on Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
      Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Don't you dare take my other 75% orgasm. I'm a greedy womyn, influenced by the cold hard erection of the patriarchy.

"First rule of leadership: everything is your fault." ~ Bug's Life

Kisinger
      Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Kisinger » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:16 pm

Reserved
      Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Don't you dare take my other 75% orgasm. I'm a greedy womyn, influenced by the cold hard erection of the patriarchy.

Lunas Legion
      Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
      Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:19 pm

Oh yey a thread. Will throw up app after sleep.
      Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Reatra
      Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
      Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:05 pm

Reservation
      Nation Name: The United States of America
      Map: Just the USA in 1925?
      How long does a Reservation last? 24 hours until someone else can apply.
      Codeword: events
      yee haw it's time for mass line

Newne Carriebean7
      Negotiator

Founded: Aug 08, 2015
      Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:15 pm

Reservation
      Nation Name: The Republic of China
      Map: http://i.imgur.com/0iE3PWc.png?1
      How long does a Reservation last? 24 hours until someone else applies
      Krugeristan wrote:This is Carrie you're referring to. I'm not going to expect him to do something sane anytime soon. He can take something as simple as a sandwich, and make me never look at sandwiches with a straight face ever again.

Former Carriebeanian president Carol Dartenby sentenced to 4 years hard labor for corruption and mismanagement of state property|Former Carriebeanian president Antrés Depuís sentenced to 3 years in prison for embezzling funds and corruption

Tracian Empire
      Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
      Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:37 pm

Tag
      I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
      Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Elepis
      Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
      Ex-Nation

Postby Elepis » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:05 am

oh good, a thread
      "Krugmar - Today at 10:00 PM
      Not sure that'll work on Elepis considering he dislikes (from what I've observed):
      A: Nationalism
      B: Religion being taken seriously
      C: The Irish"

Kisinger
      Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Kisinger » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:37 am

Reatra wrote:
      Reservation
      Map: Just the USA in 1925?
      How long does a Reservation last? 24 hours until someone else can apply.
      Newne Carriebean7 wrote:
      Reservation
      Nation Name: The Republic of China
      Map: http://i.imgur.com/0iE3PWc.png?1
      How long does a Reservation last? 24 hours until someone else applies

Noted

Zawikhiztan
      Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 24, 2016
      Left-Leaning College State

Postby Zawikhiztan » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:44 am

Reservation
      Nation Name: Kingdom of Afghanistan
      Map:http://i.imgur.com/XEB9Nev.png (I am color dark blue)
      How long does a Reservation last? 24 hrs or next after this post (required)
      Codeword:Events (required)
      Last edited by Zawikhiztan on Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:49 am, edited 4 times in total.

TVRRZ: September 2022 General Elections Results Released: Visit the official page of the Commission of Elections | Zawikhiztan holds first-ever elections with new constitution | LDXZ Landslide, Celebrations in Oktomonbereyan | Zawikhiztan bid to head G40 accepted | Economists weigh in on LDXZ Victory | TVRRZ - the People's Truth

The Train is fast, it is very fast Proud to be a Bruh Moment Supporter

Alleniana
      Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
      Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:44 am

wip
      Generic Info
      Nation Name: Long: 大日本帝國 | Dai Nippon Teikoku | Greater Japanese Empire | Empire of Japan || Short: 日本 | Nippon/Nihon | Japan | Japan || Demonym: 日本 | Nippon/Nihon | Japanese | Japanese
      Symbols: Hinomaru, national flag Rising sun flag, variant flag Imperial Seal of Japan, seal, Kimigayo, national anthem
      Homeland Population: 59,786,800 in Japan [inc. like 50,000 in Japanese Kamchatka], 19,522,900 in Korea, probably like 500,000 in the Pacific Islands, 4,042,000 in Taiwan, all citizens (total 83,851,700), and then a couple million in Chinese concessions? Idk? who are not.
      Map: er
      Capital City: Tokyo

Government Info
      Government Type: Constitutional monarchy
      Brief Explanation of Government: Japan looks to be a parliamentary democracy from outside, but the Meiji Constitution is ill-defined and the emperor wields much power, as does the ruling government, which is conservative; simply banning anyone you disagree with is quite legal. In reality, it's almost informally single-party, given the emperor cooperates with the conservatives and uses the police and military to control all the machinery of state. The military also increasingly have power.
      Ideology: Unclear; the structure of government and the current popular trend seems to suggest democracy, reform, a range of leftisms even, but those in power are conservatives, nationalists and kind of militarists. The emperor himself currently helps the conservatives but could switch at a moment's notice; he has generally the support of all society. Pan-Asianism is frequently touted.
      Leader/s: Emperor Taisho, Prime Minister Katō Takaaki, [Navy] Gensui Inoue Yoshika, [Navy] Gensui Togo Heihachiro, [Army] Gensui Uehara Yusaku, [Army] Gensui Kan'in Kotohito, [Army] Kawamura Kageaki, Crown Prince Hirohito

Population Info
      Brief Description of your people: Generally understood to be a shame society; fairly strict in norms and etiquette, emphasis on honour, rigidity, etc. increasingly militarist, religiously devoted to emperor, authoritarian, ordered, quiet people. Genetically tend to be somewhat smaller built, slanted eyes (moreso than Chinese I believe), "yellow" skinned, various cultural differences from the west.
      Religion: Not a big part of life; Shinto is the main religion but very significant Buddhism, and Confucianism in Chinesey areas and Korea. Religion is essentially part of the toolbox of the conservatives.
      Ethnicity: What, like, East Asian? "Mongoloid"
      Main/Accepted Culture(s): Yamato [Japanese] with tolerance for Korean, "Taiwanese" (the goal to cleave them from Han identities and mix in the Aborigines)
      Other Cultures: Ainu and Ryukyuans aren't oppressed but they're not at all recognised, and are considered part of the Yamato within an assimilation policy; the Chinese are also understood to be separate but not given any rights, given their living in outlying ports and colonies effectively, etc. There is also active attempt to assimilate the Polynesians into Japanese because they're too few to form a separate but loyal identity, because so many live outside Japan (but are themselves tactically too small to effect difference except by providing a casus belli which is meh); the preference is for loyal, quiet military bases and islands there is an ethnic claim to. Everyone else is ignored; Kamchatka is kind of chilling doing nothing, Sakhalin is actively being colonised by Japanese.

Military Info
      Army: Only the Kwantung Army of 100,000 currently formed, with reserve of just over a million and a further 150,000 in standing army not formed into army groups. One of best trained, best armed, most motivated armies in the world; befitting a great power, and with a further reputation for hardness. Probably a bit better in infantry than in other fields. Formed up as the Imperial Japanese Army, official commander-in-chief is the emperor but with the generals being the army Gensui earlier listed in leaders.
      Navy: Imperial Japanese Navy, led by navy Gensui as earlier mentioned, some tens of thousands of active personnel I suspect
      - 1 aircraft carrier (Hōshō)
      - 14 battlecruiser/fast battleships (Fuso (modernised), Yamashiro (modernised), Ise (to finish being refitted February 1925), Hyūga (to finish being refitted February 1925), Nagato, Mutsu, Tosa, Kaga, Kongo (rebuilt as fast battleship), Hiei (rebuilt as fast battleship), Haruna (rebuilt as fast battleship), Kirishima (rebuilt as fast battleship), Kii, Owari)
      - Some dozens of cruisers, submarines, destroyers, y'know
      Furthermore two Kawachi class battleships are hulked but potentially recommissionable; all battleships from before that are either too obsolete, have been used in destructive testing or training, or are in too poor a condition (potentially because they've been used as transports or something)
      Airforce: Imperial Japanese Air Force established through the influence of the emperor, creating an integrated air force out of the Army and Navy Air Services, as well as another (sort of) military faction newly loyal to him. Currently possesses several hundred combat aircraft, both fighters and bombers, several thousand personnel with emphasis on development and research, and is being rapidly expanded. Funded quite well.

Other Info
      Brief Description of your Economy: Dense population, homogeneous population, political control, etc. create good conditions for capitalistic system that is highly industrialised and developed on par with parts of Europe, if maligned by perhaps overpopulation. Severely lacks domestic natural resources, thus must look to the US, Southeast Asia, etc. for oil, southeast Asia for rubber, even Korea for rice. Generally doing well, though; not much corruption as an issue and plenty of space to grow.
      Goals: Secure national security, project hegemony through pan-Asianism across East Asia, secure natural resources
      History: Same as IRL except no Washington Naval Treaty, thus more naval racing and no weirdness because of restrictions (hence different naval makeup), no League of Nations (thus no qualms towards expansionism, heh), continued Anglo-Japanese alliance, and there's some kind of Outer Manchurian influenced puppet thing of Japan I understand? And, Racial Equality Clause in ToV, which at this time has been interpreted in a universalist way by Japan (as the emperor has promoted) which has further promoted pan-Asianism is domestic discourse, and which is perhaps to be pursued; also thus reduction of "go fuk west"
      RP Sample: Tale of Two Horizons 1?
      Codeword: avvenimenti
      429 - Do not remove. This is for tracking purposes.
      Last edited by Alleniana on Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Elepis
      Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
      Ex-Nation

WIP

Postby Elepis » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:55 am

Generic Info
      Nation Name: Kingdom of Italy, Regno d'Italia
      Symbols: Flag CoA
      Homeland Population: 42.9 million
      Map: The bits controlled by italy
      Capital City: Rome

Government Info
      Government Type: Fascist Dictatorship with some syndicalist elements
      Brief Explanation of Government:
      Ideology: Fascism (with some syndicalist characteristics), Nationalism, Monarchism, Italian Irredentism
      Leader/s: King Victor Emmanuel III of Italy, Prime Minister Michele Bianchi

Population Info
      Brief Description of your people: Almost exclusively Italian in Italy proper, with some Slovenian and Croatian minorities in rural Istria and around Trieste. Austrians are also present in South Tyrol. The Colonies are populated by Arabs, Somalis and Eritreans with the former two also having significant Italian colonial minorities.
      Religion: Roman Catholicism
      Ethnicity: Mainly Italian
      Main/Accepted Culture(s): Italian
      Other Cultures: Slovenian, Croatian, German, French, Arabic, Somalia, Eritrean

Military Info
      Army: 800,000
      Navy:
      -Adriatic Fleet
      8 Battleships
      9 Cruisers
      30 destroyers
      33 Torpedo boats

-Tyrrhenian Fleet
      6 Battleships
      7 Cruisers
      20 Destroyers
      20 Torpedo Boats

-Libyan Fleet
      2 Battleships
      3 Cruisers
      9 Destroyers
      10 Torpedo Boats
      Airforce: (branches, number of troops, quality of airforce, etc,)

Other Info
      Brief Description of your Economy:
      Goals: (What are your goals?)
      History: (The History of your nation)
      RP Sample: (required)
      Codeword: (required)
      Last edited by Elepis on Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
      "Krugmar - Today at 10:00 PM
      Not sure that'll work on Elepis considering he dislikes (from what I've observed):
      A: Nationalism
      B: Religion being taken seriously
      C: The Irish"

Lunas Legion
      Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:13 am

WIP

Generic Info
      Nation Name: United Kingdom
      Symbols: Flag, Coat of Arms
      Homeland Population: 45,000,000
      Map: As per OP.
      Capital City: London

Government Info
      Government Type: Constitutional Parliamentary Monarchy
      Brief Explanation of Government:Standard Westminster Model
      Ideology: Classical Liberalism, Conservatism
      Leader/s: King George V, Prime Minister Lord Kitchener

Population Info
      Brief Description of your people: In terms of numbers, the various cultures/groups collectively labeled as 'Indian' fare the largest of the many groups of the population, although the English form the empire's ruling class.
      Religion: Everything. Protestantism/Catholicism in the Home Isles, Islam, Hinduism and various local religions in the colonies, tiny pockets of Jews everywhere.
      Ethnicity: English/Scottish/Welsh/Irish/N. Irish in the Isles, various colonial ethnicities scattered across the Empire.
      Main/Accepted Culture(s): English, Northern Irish
      Other Cultures: Welsh, Irish, Scottish, various Indian/African/Carribean cultures, Egyptian, Arab

Military Info
      Army: British Army. 342,000.
      Navy: Royal Navy. 3 aircraft carriers, 65 battleships, 42 cruisers, 223 destroyers, 30 submarines.
      Airforce: Royal Air Force. 35,000.

Other Info
      Brief Description of your Economy: The British Economy is still reeling from the aftershocks of the end of the Great War and subsequent drop in demand.
      Goals: Keep the status quo.
      History: The history of the UK diverges from IRL in 1915 where HMS Hampshire's captain doesn't order her escorting destroyers to turn for home. The two escorting destroyers are successful in saving the lives of the majority of the Hampshire's passengers and crew, inducing Lord Kitchener and the British Mission to Russia. The mission itself was called off, Lord Kitchener instead remaining in Britain rather than attempting passage again.

The war goes as IRL, and Lord Kitchener joined the Conservative Party shortly before the 1918 General Election, although he became connected with the right-wing National Party, and became a Conservative MP during the 1918 General Election. Kitchener remained Secretary of State throughout the political chaos of the early 20s with the dissolution of Lloyd George's coalition and the rise of the Conservative Party to form a majority government in 1922.

The 1922 government lasted a year until Stanley Baldwin, the new Conservative leader and PM after Bonar Law resigned, called another general election, seeking a mandate from the people. This backfired, and resulted in the formation of a Liberal-Labour coalition. Disillusioned by the Conservative Party's defeat and the loss of his own seat, Lord Kitchener and other disaffected Conservatives backed Churchill's idea to form a Constitutionalist Liberal Party to 'take back the country' from Labour.

The Constitutionalist Liberals took many traditional anti-socialist liberal votes, preventing a Conservative landslide but not enough to gain an absolute majority themselves, and were forced to form a coalition with the Conservative Party, implementing many of their manifesto promises. Lord Kitchener, a figure popular with both groups, was nominated to become PM, with Stanley Baldwin as Chancellor and Winston Churchill as Foreign Secretary. The new coalition government stabilised the economy and broke with Toryism, introducing a limited welfare state.
      RP Sample: Kylaris
      Codeword: Events
      Last edited by Lunas Legion on Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Reatra
      Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:37 am

So what's the earliest PoD? Wanna see if I can do some shit in regards to American isolationism.
      Last edited by Reatra on Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reatra
      Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:29 am

Generic Info
      Symbols:

Homeland Population: 125.8 million
      Map: On the map?
      Capital City: Washington D.C.

Government Info
      Government Type: Presidential Constitutional Federal Republic
      Brief Explanation of Government: Two major parties, the Democratic Party and the Grand Old Party (GOP), have had an effective monopoly on power in the USA for almost a century. This has recently been challenged by the surge in popularity for the Socialist Labor Party of America due to a series of factors. Otherwise it works basically as the US does IRL. Not sure what else to say.
      Ideology: Monopolistic capitalism, republicanism.
      Leader/s: President Calvin Coolidge, his Cabinet, especially Secretary of State Joshua W. Alexander

Population Info
      Brief Description of your people: Americans, plain and simple. Whether Italian immigrant union workers in New York and New Jersey, Japanese immigrant union farmers in California, non-immigrant union workers and farmers all over the place, America is a nation made up of an economy of unions.
      Religion: Vastly Protestant, some Catholic, and then the largely marginalized Jews, Moslems, and various Asian faiths.
      Ethnicity: 82% White/Caucasian, 9.8% Black, 3% Japanese, 2.2% Chinese, and the remaining 3% split between "Indian", "Mexican", and several other undefinable categories, according to the 1920 census.
      Main/Accepted Culture(s): Yankee American.
      Other Cultures: As a nation with some 16 million immigrants residing within it, there are a lot of ethnic tensions. A lot

Military Info
      Army: 14 divisions, so 140,000-160,000 troops. Made up of mostly lower class people with officer roles de facto only available to upper class men.
      Navy: Recognized by many to be the main naval power in the Pacific and West Atlantic, with 11% of its budget put towards the Navy and some of the most modern capital ships in the world. It has to if it's going to keep the Philippines and the colonies in line.
      Airforce: The Army and Navy both have air wings, but no separate "Air Force" has been made.

Other Info
      Brief Description of your Economy: GDP is somewhere around $95 billion (fairly certain that's 2016 value though), and it is made up mostly of massive industrial giants which are either ignored and allowed to do whatever or subsidized by the government. The government regularly uses force against strikes and riots begun by increasingly radical workers and farmers throughout the nation, a recent coal strike caused a revolutionary wave through the United States (which quickly died) that stalled effectively all industrial production for almost eight months. The economy is still reeling from the effects of the 1920-22 Depression caused by deflation and high unemployment due to the return of the Great War veterans into the job market. Unemployment is still at almost 10%, but has been slowly ticking downward for the last two years (it reached a high of 14.8% in May of 1922).
      Goals: You know how every time there's a USA in an RP it's either hella overpowered or it just does as it did IRL? Yeah, Imma change that.
      History:

In 1898 the young leftist party, Social Democrats of America, formed from the remnants of the American Railway Union and chaired by the young Eugene Debs. Its members, most often relatively new to the politics of Marxian socialism, represented a diverse spectrum of left-wing radicals, from industrial unionists like Debs, to city sewer socialists, to Owenite utopian socialists. After rejecting initial plans for co-operative colonies as unfeasible, the dialogue developed with delegates from Socialist Labor would ultimately prove fruitful. After the whirlwind romance, the short history of Social Democracy of America concluded. On June 14, 1898, the group's National Convention dissolved itself into the Socialist Labor Party by an overwhelming vote. In September of 1901 an attempt on the life of President McKinley succeeded and the assassin, son of Polish immigrants Leon Czolgosz, was arrested soon after. Vice-president Theodore Roosevelt came to the presidency, but unfortunately was blocked from much action by the conservative congress. Republican nominee Charles Fairbanks wins in 1904, although the party is heavily split as the "progressives" were deeply dissatisfied with American politics. The progressives were eventually bribed or purged out of power by the corporate state, and soon the effects of this would have to be dealt with. In 1908 Republican William H. Taft won with 42.59% of the popular vote, followed closely behind by Democrat Alton B. Parker with 35.21%, and then by Socialist Labor candidate Eugene Debs with 16.52% (although no electoral votes), and Populist Democrat William Jennings Bryan with 5.68%. For nine years the influence of socialism in the nation would grow until the American Expeditionary Force fought in the First World War. The seemingly pointless war radicalized much of the younger generation of Americans, and the following depression caused what was known as the "Biennio Rosso", a wave of revolutionary activity that lasted for almost two years and began as a general coal strike. This was the first time the power of the socialists to really effect the nation was shown, and prompted a series of reforms by the Republican government to appease them. This worked. For the first time since 1890 the popularity of the Socialist Labor Party decreased, as much of its voters instead went to the Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party, a reformist leftist party, and the more left-wing Republican types. By now the Roaring Twenties are in full effect, and the United States is seeing its current regime somewhat legitimized, as the last six decades of poverty are beginning to change. The environment is still in a horrid state despite recent expansions of National Parks, and wages are still stagnating, and the non-urban populations are feeling more and more alienated from their own country despite the rapid growth in GDP.

The twenties promise to improve the lives of all Americans, hopefully the corporate state can find it in their hearts to allow that.

RP Sample: b o i

You guys know the timeline "Reds!"? Basically that USA in 1925.
      Last edited by Reatra on Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:46 am, edited 4 times in total.

Lunas Legion
      Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:36 am

There is no Washington Naval Treaty Reat, so you might not have the largest Pacific Fleet depending on how you split your BBs.

Reatra
      Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:36 am

Lunas Legion wrote:There is no Washington Naval Treaty Reat, so you might not have the largest Pacific Fleet depending on how you split your BBs.

Ah alrighty then.

Lunas Legion
      Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:40 am

Reatra wrote:
      Lunas Legion wrote:There is no Washington Naval Treaty Reat, so you might not have the largest Pacific Fleet depending on how you split your BBs.

Ah alrighty then.

We had a debate about BBs in the discord, you've got these:
      2 South Carolina-class
      2 Delaware-class
      2 Florida-class
      2 Wyoming-class
      2 New York-class
      2 Nevada-class
      2 Pennsylvania-class
      3 New Mexico-class
      2 Tennessee-class
      4 Colorado-class
      6 South Dakota-class
      6 Lexington-class BC
      to split between the Atlantic and Pacific. For reference, the Japanese have 25 total, the British have 20 in the Atlantic and 16 in the Pacific. You have more modern BBs though (Colorado onwards).
      Last edited by Lunas Legion on Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reatra
      Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:43 am

Lunas Legion wrote:
      Reatra wrote:
      Ah alrighty then.

We had a debate about BBs in the discord, [spoiler=you've got these]2 South Carolina-class
      2 Delaware-class
      2 Florida-class
      2 Wyoming-class
      2 New York-class
      2 Nevada-class
      2 Pennsylvania-class
      3 New Mexico-class
      2 Tennessee-class
      4 Colorado-class
      6 South Dakota-class
      6 Lexington-class (BC)[/spoiler] to split between the Atlantic and Pacific. For reference, the Japanese have 25 total, the British have 20 in the Atlantic and 16 in the Pacific. You have more modern BBs though (Colorado onwards).

Oh where's the discord?

Lunas Legion
      Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:48 am

Reatra wrote:
      Lunas Legion wrote:

We had a debate about BBs in the discord, [spoiler=you've got these]2 South Carolina-class
      2 Delaware-class
      2 Florida-class
      2 Wyoming-class
      2 New York-class
      2 Nevada-class
      2 Pennsylvania-class
      3 New Mexico-class
      2 Tennessee-class
      4 Colorado-class
      6 South Dakota-class
      6 Lexington-class (BC)[/spoiler] to split between the Atlantic and Pacific. For reference, the Japanese have 25 total, the British have 20 in the Atlantic and 16 in the Pacific. You have more modern BBs though (Colorado onwards).

Oh where's the discord?

Well, it's more of a discord than the discord, since it was mostly used for planning shit like BBs.

Reatra
      Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:50 am

Lunas Legion wrote:
      Reatra wrote:
      Oh where's the discord?

Well, it's more of a discord than the discord, since it was mostly used for planning shit like BBs.

I see. Anyway just wanna write about strikes and shit.

Kisinger
      Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Kisinger » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:56 am

Reatra wrote:
      Generic Info
      Symbols:

Homeland Population: 125.8 million
      Map: On the map?
      Capital City: Washington D.C.

Government Info
      Government Type: Presidential Constitutional Federal Republic
      Brief Explanation of Government: Two major parties, the Democratic Party and the Grand Old Party (GOP), have had an effective monopoly on power in the USA for almost a century. This has recently been challenged by the surge in popularity for the Socialist Labor Party of America due to a series of factors. Otherwise it works basically as the US does IRL. Not sure what else to say.
      Ideology: Monopolistic capitalism, republicanism.
      Leader/s: President Leonard Wood, his Cabinet, especially Secretary of State Joshua W. Alexander

Population Info
      Brief Description of your people: Americans, plain and simple. Whether Italian immigrant union workers in New York and New Jersey, Japanese immigrant union farmers in California, non-immigrant union workers and farmers all over the place, America is a nation made up of an economy of unions.
      Religion: Vastly Protestant, some Catholic, and then the largely marginalized Jews, Moslems, and various Asian faiths.
      Ethnicity: 82% White/Caucasian, 9.8% Black, 3% Japanese, 2.2% Chinese, and the remaining 3% split between "Indian", "Mexican", and several other undefinable categories, according to the 1920 census.
      Main/Accepted Culture(s): Yankee American.
      Other Cultures: As a nation with some 16 million immigrants residing within it, there are a lot of ethnic tensions. A lot

Military Info
      Army: 14 divisions, so 140,000-160,000 troops. Made up of mostly lower class people with officer roles de facto only available to upper class men.
      Navy: Recognized by many to be the main naval power in the Pacific and West Atlantic, with 11% of its budget put towards the Navy and some of the most modern capital ships in the world. It has to if it's going to keep the Philippines and the colonies in line.
      Airforce: The Army and Navy both have air wings, but no separate "Air Force" has been made.

Other Info
      Brief Description of your Economy: GDP is somewhere around $95 billion (fairly certain that's 2016 value though), and it is made up mostly of massive industrial giants which are either ignored and allowed to do whatever or subsidized by the government. The government regularly uses force against strikes and riots begun by increasingly radical workers and farmers throughout the nation, a recent coal strike caused a revolutionary wave through the United States (which quickly died) that stalled effectively all industrial production for almost eight months. The economy is still reeling from the effects of the 1920-22 Depression caused by deflation and high unemployment due to the return of the Great War veterans into the job market. Unemployment is still at almost 10%, but has been slowly ticking downward for the last two years (it reached a high of 14.8% in May of 1922).
      Goals: You know how every time there's a USA in an RP it's either hella overpowered or it just does as it did IRL? Yeah, Imma change that.
      History:

In 1898 the young leftist party, Social Democrats of America, formed from the remnants of the American Railway Union and chaired by the young Eugene Debs. Its members, most often relatively new to the politics of Marxian socialism, represented a diverse spectrum of left-wing radicals, from industrial unionists like Debs, to city sewer socialists, to Owenite utopian socialists. After rejecting initial plans for co-operative colonies as unfeasible, the dialogue developed with delegates from Socialist Labor would ultimately prove fruitful. After the whirlwind romance, the short history of Social Democracy of America concluded. On June 14, 1898, the group's National Convention dissolved itself into the Socialist Labor Party by an overwhelming vote. In September of 1901 an attempt on the life of President McKinley failed as the would be assassin, son of Polish immigrants Leon Czolgosz, failed to get close enough in his first attempt. His second attempt was foiled when he was arrested by a racist police officer who had a grudge against Poles. McKinley continues his administration until 1904. Republic nominee Charles Fairbanks wins in 1904, although the party is heavily split as the "progressives" were deeply dissatisfied with American politics. The progressives were eventually bribed or purged out of power by the corporate state, and soon the effects of this would have to be dealt with. In 1908 Republican William H. Taft won with 42.59% of the popular vote, followed closely behind by Democrat Alton B. Parker with 35.21%, and then by Socialist Labor candidate Eugene Debs with 16.52% (although no electoral votes), and Populist Democrat William Jennings Bryan with 5.68%. For nine years the influence of socialism in the nation would grow until the American Expeditionary Force fought in the First World War. The seemingly pointless war radicalized much of the younger generation of Americans, and the following depression caused what was known as the "Biennio Rosso", a wave of revolutionary activity that lasted for almost two years and began as a general coal strike. This was the first time the power of the socialists to really effect the nation was shown, and prompted a series of reforms by the Republican government to appease them. This worked. For the first time since 1890 the popularity of the Socialist Labor Party decreased, as much of its voters instead went to the Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party, a reformist leftist party, and the more left-wing Republican types. By now the Roaring Twenties are in full effect, and the United States is seeing its current regime somewhat legitimized, as the last six decades of poverty are beginning to change. The environment is still in a horrid state despite recent expansions of National Parks, and wages are still stagnating, and the non-urban populations are feeling more and more alienated from their own country despite the rapid growth in GDP.

The twenties promise to improve the lives of all Americans, hopefully the corporate state can find it in their hearts to allow that.

RP Sample: b o i

You guys know the timeline "Reds!"? Basically that USA in 1925.

The earliest PoD you can divert from history is 1920 and Woodrow Wilson lost to Hughes in the 1916 Election
      Last edited by Kisinger on Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tracian Empire
      Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
      Father Knows Best State

WIP

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:02 pm

Generic Info
      Nation Name: The Kingdom of Romania/Regatul României, shortly known as Romania/România
      Symbols: Homeland Population: ~18 million
      Map: The claim is present on the map in dark green, but these are the territories that the Kingdom of Romania officially claims
      Capital City: Corona (also known as: Brașov, Kronstadt, Brassó)

Government Info
      Government Type: Constitutional Monarchy
      Brief Explanation of Government: The Kingdom of Romania is a democratic state, and a constitutional monarchy, built upon the principles of freedom, equality, and the separation of powers. The executive power of the country is entrusted to the King, advised by a Crown Council.The King’s person is inviolable, and ministers have responsibility for his acts. The King delegates his executive power to the Prime Minister and the Council of Ministers, and these two form together the Government of the Kingdom of Romania. The legislative power is entrusted to a bicameral Parliament, formed by the Chamber of Deputies, the Deputies being elected by universal suffrage. The higher chamber of the Parliament, however, the Senate, is a more special situation. Its members, the Senators,are members elected by different electoral bodies, like the Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Agriculture and Labour, and professors, all divided into separate colleges, and members by right, like the the heir to the throne; high ranked bishops; heads of state-recognized religious bodies; the president of the Romanian Academy; former senior politicians; former presidents of the High Court of Cassation and Justice; reserve and retired generals; and former leaders that have proclaimed the union of their respective provinces with the Kingdom of Romania, and so on.
      Ideology: Romanian Nationalism, Liberalism, Monarchism,
      Leader/s:

Population Info
      Brief Description of your people: (Describe your people)
      Religion: (The religion or religions your nation follows)
      Ethnicity: (The Ethnicity of your people)
      Main/Accepted Culture(s): (Cultures that are dominant and the government favors)
      Other Cultures: (Cultures that aren't accepted by the government/people)

Military Info
      Army: (branches, number of troops, quality of army, etc,)
      Navy: (branches, number of troops, quality of navy, etc,)
      Airforce: (branches, number of troops, quality of airforce, etc,)

Other Info
      Brief Description of your Economy:
      Goals: (What are your goals?)
      History: (The History of your nation)
      RP Sample: (required)
      Codeword: (required)
      Last edited by Tracian Empire on Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
      I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
      Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Alleniana
      Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
      Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:56 am

Reatra wrote:
      Lunas Legion wrote:

sell oil pls

Reatra
      Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:55 am

Alleniana wrote:
      Reatra wrote:

sell oil pls

k bby just don't annex manchuria or anything <3

Beutarch
      Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 13, 2016
      Ex-Nation

Postby Beutarch » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:01 am

Reservation
      Nation Name: USSR, comrade
      Map: I believe you have it.
      How long does a Reservation last? 24 Hours