NATION

PASSWORD

Central Valley High School [OOC | CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Boejoe
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Boejoe » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:20 pm

Character's Name: Tyler Boyer
Character's Gender: Male
Character's Grade: freshman
Character's Class: AP
Character's Birthday: Sep 10, 2002
Character's Personality: Tyler is an athletic nerd. His dad pushed him into sports which he is decent at. He likes learning about math, sceince, rockets, genetics, history, and astronomy. He is cheerful and likes to do things solo. He also likes programming which he is good at. He also likes learning about business and when he grows up, wants to own a big technology company. Tyler is looking forward to going to high school!
Character's Strengths and Weaknesses: strengths:
Math
Sceince
History
Reading
Programming
Sports besides soccer
Biology
Algebra
Being weird
Working solo
Business
Weaknesses:
Soccer
Working in teams
Handwriting

Character's Appearance: Brown eyes, light brown curly hair, messy hair, casual clothes, long legs
Character's Height: 5 feet, 4 inches
Character's Weight: 130
Character's Clique: nerd

App-Tag *17 (DO NOT REMOVE)
Last edited by Boejoe on Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
we are a democracy
random stuff
boejoe is located in the west pacific | IATA Member
the sonicland of boejoe is one of our states
boejoe news: there was a fire last night in tyler city. It was easily stopped but could have caused mass damage and boejoe is at one of its richest times. Boejoe advice: when life gives you lemons, sue life for not making lemonade, sue the supermarket who life bought the lemons from, sue the farm the supermarket got the lemons from, then sue the person who picked the lemons.
Thermonuclear arsenal: 15989 Thermonuclear missles, 12976 Thermonuclear bombs.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:29 pm

You know, just for cleanliness' sake, its tradition to get rid of the stuff put in parenthesis, since they're simply explaining things about the section of the app.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:06 pm

North Timeria wrote:Character's Name: Davian Waters
Character's Grade: Junior
Character's Class: Honors
Character's Birthday: 03/25/2000
Character's Personality: Davian is a very determined and positive person. He tries to encourage others and live his life the way he preaches to others about being happy and living life to the fullest. He is a devout listener of Lil B and encourages living a based life style. He tries to be friendly and on good terms with everyone but is very strict on who he considers a real friend. Growing up in a rough neighborhood Davian didn't fall into the "street life" it made him more aware and he tries to avoid it. His mother and father both raised him to work hard, be a decent person, and find happiness. While being the only child he wished for a sibling but has made connections with people around him. Loves to play rugby and has been playing for almost 5 years. Currently being watched by colleges with solid programs.
Character's Strengths and Weaknesses:
Strengths: Devian is great at working with people and observing others. He learns people and their personality; what they show and what they actually are. Devian is a great rugby players and strong athlete. Strong classes include Science, Social Sciences, PE

Weakness: Devian tries to help but he doesn't always show his emotions and people don't really know if he cares which has cost him relationships. He also isn't the greatest public speaker, lacks organization, and procrastinates. Weak classes include Math and Language.
Character's Appearance: Davian
Character's Height: 6’3”
Character's Weight: 175
Character's Clique: Athletes

Boejoe wrote:Character's Name: Tyler Boyer
Character's Personality: Tyler is an athletic nerd. His dad pushed him into sports which he is decent at. He likes learning about math, sceince, rockets, genetics, history, and astronomy. He is cheerful and likes to do things solo. He also likes programming which he is good at. He also likes learning about business and when he grows up, wants to own a big technology company. Tyler is looking forward to going to high school!
Math
Sceince
History
Reading
Programming
Sports besides soccer
Biology
Algebra
Being weird
Working solo
Business
Weaknesses:
Soccer
Working in teams
Handwriting

Character's Appearance: Brown eyes, light brown curly hair, messy hair, casual clothes, long legs

If I accept these two particular applications, they wouldn't be able to do much as far as extracurricular activities are concerned, FYI. They're already doing a lot between academics and sports.

I just wanted to let you know in case you want to edit them.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Boejoe
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Boejoe » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:10 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:
Character's Personality: Davian is a very determined and positive person. He tries to encourage others and live his life the way he preaches to others about being happy and living life to the fullest. He is a devout listener of Lil B and encourages living a based life style. He tries to be friendly and on good terms with everyone but is very strict on who he considers a real friend. Growing up in a rough neighborhood Davian didn't fall into the "street life" it made him more aware and he tries to avoid it. His mother and father both raised him to work hard, be a decent person, and find happiness. While being the only child he wished for a sibling but has made connections with people around him. Loves to play rugby and has been playing for almost 5 years. Currently being watched by colleges with solid programs.
Strengths: Devian is great at working with people and observing others. He learns people and their personality; what they show and what they actually are. Devian is a great rugby players and strong athlete. Strong classes include Science, Social Sciences, PE

Weakness: Devian tries to help but he doesn't always show his emotions and people don't really know if he cares which has cost him relationships. He also isn't the greatest public speaker, lacks organization, and procrastinates. Weak classes include Math and Language.

Math
Sceince
History
Reading
Programming
Sports besides soccer
Biology
Algebra
Being weird
Working solo
Business
Weaknesses:
Soccer
Working in teams
Handwriting

If I accept these two particular applications, they wouldn't be able to do much as far as extracurricular activities are concerned, FYI. They're already doing a lot between academics and sports.

How many electives could my character take?
we are a democracy
random stuff
boejoe news: there was a fire last night in tyler city. It was easily stopped but could have caused mass damage and boejoe is at one of its richest times. Boejoe advice: when life gives you lemons, sue life for not making lemonade, sue the supermarket who life bought the lemons from, sue the farm the supermarket got the lemons from, then sue the person who picked the lemons.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:14 pm

Boejoe wrote:

How many electives could my character take?

I meant in regard to after-school activities, not so much electives.

The school day itself is divided by 6 classes (homeroom, 3 in am, lunch, 3 in pm), but students are enrolling in up to seven classes. One class "drops" per day, with that class which is dropped being the first one of the next day.

Example:

Period 1
Period 2
Period 3
Lunch
Period 4
Period 5
Period 6

Period 7
Period 1
Period 2
Lunch
Period 3
Period 4
Period 5

Makes sense?

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Boejoe
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Boejoe » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:21 pm

Boejoe wrote:How many electives could my character take?

The school day itself is divided by 6 classes (homeroom, 3 in am, lunch, 3 in pm), but students are enrolling in up to seven classes. One class "drops" per day, with that class which is dropped being the first one of the next day.

Example:

Period 1
Period 2
Period 3
Lunch
Period 4
Period 5
Period 6

Period 7
Period 1
Period 2
Lunch
Period 3
Period 4
Period 5

Makes sense?

Ohhhhh. Ok, I get it
we are a democracy
random stuff

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:23 pm

Boejoe wrote:

Example:

Period 1
Period 2
Period 3
Lunch
Period 4
Period 5
Period 6

Period 7
Period 1
Period 2
Lunch
Period 3
Period 4
Period 5

Makes sense?

Ohhhhh. Ok, I get it

Also, to answer your question about electives, one per semester. There are six non-electives, which means those classes need to be taken care of.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Boejoe
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Boejoe » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:23 pm

Boejoe wrote:Ohhhhh. Ok, I get it

Also, to answer your question about electives, one per semester. There are six non-electives, which means those classes need to be taken care of.

Ok
we are a democracy
random stuff

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:48 pm

Boejoe wrote:

Ok

Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention that you've been accepted.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

North Timeria
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby North Timeria » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:05 pm

Math
Sceince
History
Reading
Programming
Sports besides soccer
Biology
Algebra
Being weird
Working solo
Business
Weaknesses:
Soccer
Working in teams
Handwriting

Rugby is pretty much his only extracurricular activity ... I could change to core classes?

Dezhela
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Dezhela » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:25 pm

STUDENT APPLICATION

Character's Name: Eleanor Yaremenko
Character's Gender: Female
Character's Grade: 12 (Senior)
Character's Class: Core
Character's Birthday: (08/29/1998)
Character's Personality: Eleanor is a fairly cheery and forward-facing yet oddly melancholic person, which is nothing short of a miracle considering the house life she's been returning to every day for as long as she can remember. Living with a clingy younger sister and her less-than-willfully-accommodating foster parents, in addition to her increasing academic expectations and growing workload both at school and at home, have taken their toll on her over the years and she is now often seen struggling against her own limits to get every single little thing absolutely perfect, usually paired with a forced smile and some well-choreographed small talk. This would perhaps be less surprising if Eleanor actually had a habit of raking in spectacular grades, which she certainly does not, somehow managing only acceptable marks in most classes and generally crashing hard on important test papers. In truth, she is a textbook stepford smiler, throwing out sarcastic remarks and good-natured comments so that people won't go pitying her and spreading the bad atmosphere around for everyone to breathe in, and the more she does it, the less convincing it seems.

Strengths
+ Very positive work ethic, always eager to do something productive and perform even the most unpopular tasks.
+ Mostly friendly and accommodating, usually willing to look past a lot of underlying problems in the process of making friends.
+ Generally excels in art and computer classes, a rare contrast to the usual fruits of her academic efforts.
+ Punctual, seldom misses meeting times by more than a minute or two and almost always arrives to class early.

Weaknesses
- Has a nasty habit of overworking herself, finds it extremely difficult to stop something until it's completely finished and totally immaculate. And then some.
- Poor team player, dislikes group activities and is often difficult to work with.
- Rarely stands out much academically, never usually gets particularly amazing grades in spite of her efforts (and they are some very big efforts, too).
- Can become overwhelmed when a lot of information needs to be processed in a short time, especially if it's during one of those mandatory group assignments.

Character's Appearance: Eleanor
Character's Height: 5'9"
Character's Weight: 129 lbs
Character's Clique: Preppy + Outsider (or some such, iunno)

Last edited by Dezhela on Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kazarogkai
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 27, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kazarogkai » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:43 pm

Looks pretty cool. I'll tag this and have a post ready by tomorrow.

I usually do loners of sorts but I think I want to shake it up a little. A guy who may serve as a main antagonist is what I may go for. Been expelled from multiple schools for various reasons, has a reputation for brutality. Only goes here because a judge ordered him to with the only alternative being juvy. Will be infamous for the murder of 3 other kids at a young age and getting off on a "technicality"(It was legally in self defense, but few actually know that) and milks that for intimidation value. A rather nasty, cruel, and spiteful sort in general. Just getting off ideas for now. I may partially rehash a previous character I had in another RP(North Hill).
Last edited by Kazarogkai on Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Centrist
Reactionary
Bigot
Conservationist
Communitarian
Georgist
Distributist
Corporatist
Nationalist
Teetotaler
Ancient weaponry
Politics
History in general
books
military
Fighting
Survivalism
Nature
Anthropology
hippys
drugs
criminals
liberals
philosophes(not counting Hobbes)
states rights
anarchist
people who annoy me
robots
1000 12 + 10
1100 18 + 15
1200 24 + 20
1300 24
1400 36 + 10
1500 54 + 20
1600 72 + 30
1700 108 + 40
1800 144 + 50
1900 288 + 60
2000 576 + 80

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:47 pm

Kazarogkai wrote:Looks pretty cool. I'll tag this and have a post ready by tomorrow.

I usually do loners of sorts but I think I want to shake it up a little. A guy who ma serve as a main antagonist is what I may go for. Been expelled from multiple schools for various reasons, has a reputation for brutality. Only goes here because a judge ordered him to with the only alternative being juvy. Will be infamous for the murder of 3 other kids at a young age and getting off on a "technicality"(It was legally in self defense, but few actually know that) and milks that for intimidation value. A rather nasty cruel and spiteful sort in general. Just getting off ideas. I may partially rehash a previous character I had in another RP(North Hill).

I dunno about the OP, but I'd think the actual killing of other kids might be a bit extreme for a character in the RP, though everything else seems fine from my perspective.
My Last.FM and RYM

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:37 pm

Character's Name: Claudia Steinfeld
Character's Grade: 10th (Sophomore)
Character's Class: Honors in the ones that she excels at, potentially going into AP levels in some later years. Probably simply core level in the ones she's not so good at.
Character's Birthday: 10/17/2000 (15)
Character's Personality: Claudia tends to be a little bit of a quirky character. Not blatantly so like some people, but its there nonetheless. She has always been rather sociable, too, seeming to do well with groups of friends. Like, she prefers to hang out with people and groups of friends over any sort of isolation. So presumably, she just knows a lot of people here that she hangs out with, even if simply as background characters, as this is her 2nd year here and there is no way she would have gone a year without getting to know people. Seems to generally be a friendly sort, too. Maybe not overly so, but friendly nonetheless. Always rather fashionable, seemingly making personality statements, so to speak, with her styles of the day. Which change pretty much every day. While nice, does seem to fall into the whole crowd of big groups of friends sometimes, and does seem to get amusement as the suspense of others sometimes. Usually when they legitimately deserve it, though, but still not always the nicest thing. Isn't a fan of actual bullying in general, though. More gets amusement out of bullies sometimes getting what they deserve, or at people "trying too hard", sometimes involving trying to impress her. Has an ambitious personality, though doesn't seem to worry about working your ass off, either. Though she does plan to put a lot of effort into her dreams. Rarely gets outright angry, more annoyed then anything. Has romantic interests, and would someday like to have a boyfriend, get married, and maybe someday have kids and all that, but doesn't really go out of her way to find anyone, preferring it to happen naturally. Could probably be flirty when she wants to be, but doesn't go out of her way for it and would likely more leave it to flirtatious interactions with a boyfriend. Likes to party, though isn't really a fan of those big teen parties where everyone gets wasted and does stupid shit, preferring other types of parties. Doesn't mean she might not go to one to experience it, though.
Strengths:1. Core classes: English and Literature. History is neutral
Electives: French. And when she can, economics and speech. Preferably something fashion/cosmetic related if it exists, but if not, will actively teach herself in this regard anyway. YouTube does exist after all.
2. Has an interesting fashion sense, for herself, others, and in general.
3. Is rather good at speaking French. Maybe a bit redundant to mention that when her electives highlight is French, but I want to make it clear she speaks it pretty fluently, of what she knows so far.
4.Good with stuff like makeup, designing hairstyles, in the sense of putting it up and unique ways of doing that and making it look cool, and other various beauty related stuff.
Weaknesses:1. Math and science
2.Due to her standing in society, she seems to have a hard time relating to the poorer folk, even if she tries. Its not that she doesn't want to, but she just doesn't really try that hard, nor is she very good at it. A bit of conditioning that just kind of...happens from her social and economical standing.
3.May, without realizing it really, end up flaunting her wealth. Not like, in-your-face waving 100 dollar bills around, just how she's almost always wearing what looks like expensive designer clothes, likely wouldn't even hide the fact she had money and could just buy what she wants when around others, and such like that.
4.Seems a bit disconnected from reality a lot of the time. Not so much her personal reality, but others. It seems like she's not really in tune with their problems when she talks sometimes, or in touch with the world in general. Also kind of came from the style of her upbringing. Doesn't mean she doesn't care, though.
Character's Appearance:
ImageImageImage

Character's Height: 5'6"
Character's Weight: 128
Character's Clique: I would say preppy fits the closest for her, though I can't say how much she would want to associate with them all the time. Nonetheless, its the closest fit, as her parents are probably upper middle class to lower upper class, fit into some of the stereotypes as they pretty much buy their daughter anything she wants (though she does avoid being overly spoiled about it, luckily), and since Claudia is a wannabe fashion designer, she always goes to school dressed up fancy and nice in some weird/random outfits she puts together. For that matter, she has tons of clothes. So preppy seems the most appropriate fit.

Last edited by Corrian on Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

Kazarogkai
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kazarogkai » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:13 pm

Corrian wrote:
Kazarogkai wrote:Looks pretty cool. I'll tag this and have a post ready by tomorrow.

I usually do loners of sorts but I think I want to shake it up a little. A guy who ma serve as a main antagonist is what I may go for. Been expelled from multiple schools for various reasons, has a reputation for brutality. Only goes here because a judge ordered him to with the only alternative being juvy. Will be infamous for the murder of 3 other kids at a young age and getting off on a "technicality"(It was legally in self defense, but few actually know that) and milks that for intimidation value. A rather nasty cruel and spiteful sort in general. Just getting off ideas. I may partially rehash a previous character I had in another RP(North Hill).

I dunno about the OP, but I'd think the actual killing of other kids might be a bit extreme for a character in the RP, though everything else seems fine from my perspective.

It was self defense to be fair and he was in his tweens(10-11) when it happened. Ill probably just do one kid; there was a fight and someone didn't make it.
Last edited by Kazarogkai on Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Centrist
Reactionary
Bigot
Conservationist
Communitarian
Georgist
Distributist
Corporatist
Nationalist
Teetotaler
Ancient weaponry
Politics
History in general
books
military
Fighting
Survivalism
Nature
Anthropology
hippys
drugs
criminals
liberals
philosophes(not counting Hobbes)
states rights
anarchist
people who annoy me
robots
1000 12 + 10
1100 18 + 15
1200 24 + 20
1300 24
1400 36 + 10
1500 54 + 20
1600 72 + 30
1700 108 + 40
1800 144 + 50
1900 288 + 60
2000 576 + 80

Saint Ryvern
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Ryvern » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:13 am

How is your homeroom decided? Is it by grade or by the caliber of classes that you're in?

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:38 am

Saint Ryvern wrote:How is your homeroom decided? Is it by grade or by the caliber of classes that you're in?

Given the small number of students we have, it is decided solely by grade. All seniors are lumped together, all juniors are lumped together, all sophomores are lumped together, and all freshmen are lumped together.

As far as what happens next, I think we'll just fast-forward to lunch or something on this first day - given how we have a lack of faculty at this time.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:40 am

Kazarogkai wrote:
Corrian wrote:I dunno about the OP, but I'd think the actual killing of other kids might be a bit extreme for a character in the RP, though everything else seems fine from my perspective.

It was self defense to be fair and he was in his tweens(10-11) when it happened. Ill probably just do one kid; there was a fight and someone didn't make it.

If this student were to be able to attend a school, it would have to be out of self-defense (and thus legally justifiable). Otherwise, the idea seems fine with me.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:42 am

Dezhela wrote:STUDENT APPLICATION

Character's Name: Eleanor Yaremenko
Character's Grade: 12 (Senior)
Character's Class: Core
Character's Birthday: (08/29/1998)
Character's Personality: Eleanor is a fairly cheery and forward-facing yet oddly melancholic person, which is nothing short of a miracle considering the house life she's been returning to every day for as long as she can remember. Living with a clingy younger sister and her less-than-willfully-accommodating foster parents, in addition to her increasing academic expectations and growing workload both at school and at home, have taken their toll on her over the years and she is now often seen struggling against her own limits to get every single little thing absolutely perfect, usually paired with a forced smile and some well-choreographed small talk. This would perhaps be less surprising if Eleanor actually had a habit of raking in spectacular grades, which she certainly does not, somehow managing only acceptable marks in most classes and generally crashing hard on important test papers. In truth, she is a textbook stepford smiler, throwing out sarcastic remarks and good-natured comments so that people won't go pitying her and spreading the bad atmosphere around for everyone to breathe in, and the more she does it, the less convincing it seems.

Strengths
+ Very positive work ethic, always eager to do something productive and perform even the most unpopular tasks.
+ Mostly friendly and accommodating, usually willing to look past a lot of underlying problems in the process of making friends.
+ Generally excels in art and computer classes, a rare contrast to the usual fruits of her academic efforts.
+ Punctual, seldom misses meeting times by more than a minute or two and almost always arrives to class early.

Weaknesses
- Has a nasty habit of overworking herself, finds it extremely difficult to stop something until it's completely finished and totally immaculate. And then some.
- Poor team player, dislikes group activities and is often difficult to work with.
- Rarely stands out much academically, never usually gets particularly amazing grades in spite of her efforts (and they are some very big efforts, too).
- Can become overwhelmed when a lot of information needs to be processed in a short time, especially if it's during one of those mandatory group assignments.

Character's Appearance: Eleanor
Character's Height: 5'9"
Character's Weight: 129 lbs
Character's Clique: Preppy + Outsider (or some such, iunno)

ACCEPTED.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:45 am

Corrian wrote:Character's Name: Claudia Steinfeld
Character's Grade: 10th (Sophomore)
Character's Class: Honors in the ones that she excels at, potentially going into AP levels in some later years. Probably simply core level in the ones she's not so good at.
Character's Birthday: 10/17/2000 (15)
Character's Personality: Claudia tends to be a little bit of a quirky character. Not blatantly so like some people, but its there nonetheless. She has always been rather sociable, too, seeming to do well with groups of friends. Like, she prefers to hang out with people and groups of friends over any sort of isolation. So presumably, she just knows a lot of people here that she hangs out with, even if simply as background characters, as this is her 2nd year here and there is no way she would have gone a year without getting to know people. Seems to generally be a friendly sort, too. Maybe not overly so, but friendly nonetheless. Always rather fashionable, seemingly making personality statements, so to speak, with her styles of the day. Which change pretty much every day. While nice, does seem to fall into the whole crowd of big groups of friends sometimes, and does seem to get amusement as the suspense of others sometimes. Usually when they legitimately deserve it, though, but still not always the nicest thing. Isn't a fan of actual bullying in general, though. More gets amusement out of bullies sometimes getting what they deserve, or at people "trying too hard", sometimes involving trying to impress her. Has an ambitious personality, though doesn't seem to worry about working your ass off, either. Though she does plan to put a lot of effort into her dreams. Rarely gets outright angry, more annoyed then anything. Has romantic interests, and would someday like to have a boyfriend, get married, and maybe someday have kids and all that, but doesn't really go out of her way to find anyone, preferring it to happen naturally. Could probably be flirty when she wants to be, but doesn't go out of her way for it and would likely more leave it to flirtatious interactions with a boyfriend. Likes to party, though isn't really a fan of those big teen parties where everyone gets wasted and does stupid shit, preferring other types of parties. Doesn't mean she might not go to one to experience it, though.
Strengths:1. Core classes: English and Literature. History is neutral
Electives: French. And when she can, economics and speech. Preferably something fashion/cosmetic related if it exists, but if not, will actively teach herself in this regard anyway. YouTube does exist after all.
2. Has an interesting fashion sense, for herself, others, and in general.
3. Is rather good at speaking French. Maybe a bit redundant to mention that when her electives highlight is French, but I want to make it clear she speaks it pretty fluently, of what she knows so far.
4.Good with stuff like makeup, designing hairstyles, in the sense of putting it up and unique ways of doing that and making it look cool, and other various beauty related stuff.
Weaknesses:1. Math and science
2.Due to her standing in society, she seems to have a hard time relating to the poorer folk, even if she tries. Its not that she doesn't want to, but she just doesn't really try that hard, nor is she very good at it. A bit of conditioning that just kind of...happens from her social and economical standing.
3.May, without realizing it really, end up flaunting her wealth. Not like, in-your-face waving 100 dollar bills around, just how she's almost always wearing what looks like expensive designer clothes, likely wouldn't even hide the fact she had money and could just buy what she wants when around others, and such like that.
4.Seems a bit disconnected from reality a lot of the time. Not so much her personal reality, but others. It seems like she's not really in tune with their problems when she talks sometimes, or in touch with the world in general. Also kind of came from the style of her upbringing. Doesn't mean she doesn't care, though.
Character's Appearance:
Character's Height: 5'6"
Character's Weight: 128
Character's Clique: I would say preppy fits the closest for her, though I can't say how much she would want to associate with them all the time. Nonetheless, its the closest fit, as her parents are probably upper middle class to lower upper class, fit into some of the stereotypes as they pretty much buy their daughter anything she wants (though she does avoid being overly spoiled about it, luckily), and since Claudia is a wannabe fashion designer, she always goes to school dressed up fancy and nice in some weird/random outfits she puts together. For that matter, she has tons of clothes. So preppy seems the most appropriate fit.

ACCEPTED.

Interesting personality.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:47 am

North Timeria wrote:

Rugby is pretty much his only extracurricular activity ... I could change to core classes?

What I meant by that was their apparent devotion to academic and athletic excellence, irregardless of their academic-track.

Though, if you wish to edit your application appropriately to suggest he has plenty of time for a social life as well, it would desirable to change to core classes.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:56 am

Right, looks like I'll have to create a bunch of characters to help fill the current void and/or just RP as NPCs for the time being.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:03 am

Imperial Esplanade wrote:Right, looks like I'll have to create a bunch of characters to help fill the current void and/or just RP as NPCs for the time being.

Don't forget about the interaction with the principal/vice principal and Tyrus I set up to start some dialogue.
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
Same me, now with tattoos.
meh, just call me Greeky because nobody really wants to say "The New Greek Republic..."
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
---`,o---_/--o .--`------
-----`"`;-O--(---------
--------/--.--""``\\\\----
------.`-O------.\\,,||
----.`------""`|-`""`----
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/
What's red and bad for your teeth?

A brick.
Sanabel wrote: I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

Just warning you, your ears will have orgasms.

Miekzhemy
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Miekzhemy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:35 am

Character's Name: Olivia Kondraki
Character's Grade: Senior
Character's Class: Honors/AP
Character's Birthday: 12/14/1998
Character's Personality: No matter the situation, Olivia always seems to put some spring in her step. She is normally quiet, but is always eager to put her best effort into things she enjoys to do. Although humble herself, people consider her a prodigy, having excellent singing and acting skills even though she's only participated in school plays and musicals since her first years in high school. Some consider it ironic because of her tendency to be shy and reserved on the outside, but that doesn't stall her confidence. Alongside fine arts, she has a knack for technology. Her skills in computers, graphic design and programming have made her the leading stage manager and technical director every play the school may put on, unless she is cast in the show. However, she has a tendency to be lost in her thoughts and concentration when working.
Strengths:
    Math - Passes with flying colors just about all the time. While most of her classes are Honors level, she managed to get enrolled in an AP Calculus course at the start of her Senior year. Typically has to help most of her friends with math work.
    Fine Arts - An acting and musical prodigy. Hopes to expand on performing arts and musical theatre after graduating, but unsure whether to major or minor in it. She is good at singing, dancing, and even playing the piano.
    Computers - Despite her love for the arts, she likes computers and video games alike. She also took a liking to programming and the art design of computers, giving her a reputation of not only a performer for the school, but a technical manager as well. AP Studio Art is another class she is enrolled in, where she spends most of the time simply helping with yearbook design.
Weaknesses:
    History - The lenient Honors level history teacher is the only thing that keeps her from obtaining a low grade.
    Perfectionist - Has a tendency to only accept work that is near perfect. She despises group projects and often prefers to do school work herself.
    Loner - Alongside her preference to work alone and manage things herself, she typically has issues getting to know people. She often sticks to hanging out and spending time with the people she already knows, and struggles to expand her zones of friendship.
    Athletics - She is not a big fan of sports and is not very strong. She can hold her own thanks to dance classes over the past few years, but that's about it.

Character's Appearance:

Typically wears nice clothing

Character's Height: 5'5''
Character's Weight: 120 lbs
Character's Clique: A weird blend between Drama kids , Hipsters and Nerds, but leans more towards the first two.

Last edited by Miekzhemy on Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm just a guy that likes playing video games, drawing, acting/musical theatre, piano, rp, and impersonating people with a spunky disposition.

Kazarogkai
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kazarogkai » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:47 am

Kazarogkai wrote:

If this student were to be able to attend a school, it would have to be out of self-defense (and thus legally justifiable). Otherwise, the idea seems fine with me.

That or be very young. Where I come from(Cali) they almost never bother charging someone below age 14 as an adult.
Centrist
Reactionary
Bigot
Conservationist
Communitarian
Georgist
Distributist
Corporatist
Nationalist
Teetotaler
Ancient weaponry
Politics