NATION

PASSWORD

Central Valley High School [OOC | CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:20 am

What is the character limit, anyway? I've made a lot in these types of RP's before (Even more in my own of course), but usually limit to at least 6 at MOST (besides in my own RP). But I'm obviously willing to limit to whatever I should, but the thing with RP's like this, is that most of your characters can just be in the background most of the time with no worries. In others, its good to only have 1 or 2 though, because it works with the concept and all that more to not have like, 15 characters in a "Small group" RP or whatever.

Edit: Wait, no bio needed in the app?
Last edited by Corrian on Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

The Templar
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Templar » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:21 am

Tag.
Tis better to live as a monster than to die as a man.
Personal Theme Song

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:20 am

Also, presumably this is based at the start of the 2017 school year? So like, August/September of 2017? Need to know for birth dates and all that.
My Last.FM and RYM

Pacificora
Minister

Founded: Aug 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacificora » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:24 am

tag
National Information
Leader - Chancellor Zar Koranal
Capital - Pala
Population - 72,121,853
Currency - Kora (PAK)
Roleplay Information
2024: Global Warfare - PLANNED (International Entity)
Galactacia - PLANNED (Purian Order)
Sunset Invasion - PLANNED (Meeniyan Wonthaggi)
Green Sahara - PLANNED (Egypt, OP)

THE REPUBLIC OF PACIFICORA
COBALT NETWORK CO-CREATOR AND EX-PRESIDENT
Est. 2043
Post Modern
"The paths we choose, the risks we take, the hopes we hold, the mistakes we make. The hands we're dealt, the hours we wake, the ends we reach, the hearts we break. The lives we lead, the twists of fate, what we believe, what we forsake. The fears we never seem to shake, the distant shore, the moonlit lake."

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:10 am

Also, what exactly is the class section? I see others just did "Core", "AP", or "Honors" (which even that I don't entirely know what it means), but should I mention specific classes or what?

Edit: Er, I saw that I need to put those in weaknesses/strengths. So just level of class stuff?

I saw AP and Honors was like, closer to college level? (I don't know, I never went to school)

Edit 2: Got a bunch of basic drafts for some characters that I may or may not use, all depending on some answers/my opinions of who to select.
Last edited by Corrian on Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:42 am

I'm going to attempt to answer all of your questions, Corrian.

If you are a new RPer on the forums, with less than about 1 1/2 years of experience, you will be limited to one student character for the time being. Depending on how well this thing kicks off, and how good of a RPer you are, I'll expand the limit to about two or three characters of your choosing. Please don't overextend yourself though, as the inevitable result will be a water-downed experience for everyone else and a stressful one for yourself. That doesn't make for a positive experience for anyone. The starting date will be August of 2016. "Class" denotes the general extent of academic excellence your character has while in school, the more-skilled students tend to move from "core" (which are the lowest-level classes) to "honors" (which is good, but a step below AP), to AP (which is rigorous and can even give some students college credits). Strengths and weaknesses do include school subjects, but also include personality traits for socialization purposes and overall interaction with other characters. Since you've never went to school, you might want to TG me your application with any additional questions.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:43 am

Imperial Esplanade wrote:I'm going to attempt to answer all of your questions, Corrian.

If you are a new RPer on the forums, with less than about 1 1/2 years of experience, you will be limited to one student character for the time being. Depending on how well this thing kicks off, and how good of a RPer you are, I'll expand the limit to about two or three characters of your choosing. Please don't overextend yourself though, as the inevitable result will be a water-downed experience for everyone else and a stressful one for yourself. That doesn't make for a positive experience for anyone. The starting date will be August of 2016. "Class" denotes the general extent of academic excellence your character has while in school, the more-skilled students tend to move from "core" (which are the lowest-level classes) to "honors" (which is good, but a step below AP), to AP (which is rigorous and can even give some students college credits). Strengths and weaknesses do include school subjects, but also include personality traits for socialization purposes and overall interaction with other characters. Since you've never went to school, you might want to TG me your application with any additional questions.

I apologize for all the questions, by the way :P

And I've been on this forum RPing since 2011.

Anyway, thanks for the answers. I thought the class thing was something like that, but wasn't certain.

And don't worry. Except maybe when going too far (Like in my own RP sometimes), I don't really have problems with overextending myself honestly. I've done about 6 just fine, though as I mentioned, I don't tend to go beyond that except in my own personal RP's that are a certain type, if I even get to that amount (Usually happens more in these types of RP's). Because I can just ignore some if it doesn't matter at that moment, except on the occasional time skip post where I do everyone. But when I'm focusing on someone, I put my full work into their responses.

I'll even give you examples

I also have an example when I focus on one person, too, when they're the current center of attention. Though the one I linked is me really having ideas flowing through my mind when I made the post, but still.
My Last.FM and RYM

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:03 am

Corrian wrote:
Imperial Esplanade wrote:I'm going to attempt to answer all of your questions, Corrian.

I apologize for all the questions, by the way :P

And I've been on this forum RPing since 2011.

Anyway, thanks for the answers. I thought the class thing was something like that, but wasn't certain.

And don't worry. Except maybe when going too far (Like in my own RP sometimes), I don't really have problems with overextending myself honestly. I've done about 6 just fine, though as I mentioned, I don't tend to go beyond that except in my own personal RP's that are a certain type, if I even get to that amount (Usually happens more in these types of RP's). Because I can just ignore some if it doesn't matter at that moment, except on the occasional time skip post where I do everyone. But when I'm focusing on someone, I put my full work into their responses.

I'll even give you examples

I also have an example when I focus on one person, too, when they're the current center of attention. Though the one I linked is me really having ideas flowing through my mind when I made the post, but still.

Awesome! Well, let's start with a limit of three (I don't like to give preferential treatment) and then we can look into expanding to as many as you'd like. Fair enough?

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:48 am

Imperial Esplanade wrote:Awesome! Well, let's start with a limit of three (I don't like to give preferential treatment) and then we can look into expanding to as many as you'd like. Fair enough?

Yup, that works fine for me.

Now to figure out which I should go for. I wrote basics for like 7 for me to decide on today...

And yes, they were all backlogged already. I got a lot of characters I created but haven't really used, and some I have used in the past on that list. Like 3 I think are characters I have used, 4 are ones I created but never really did anything with. Just gotta decide if I wanna do all new, one old but 2 new, or whatever. Probably skip a lot of the old since I actively use at least 2 of them in a currently active RP.
Last edited by Corrian on Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:51 pm

Time to play as the most unpopular teacher at school. :P

Character's Name: Theodore 'Ted' Anderson, Junior
Character's Role: Former Phys. Ed. Teacher; now the head disciplinarian in terms of being in charge of detention and such.
Character's Birthday: March 3, 1935 (81/82 years old).
Character's Personality: Mr. Anderson is the strictest teacher/assistant principal/disciplinarian at the school. The reason being is that he served in the Vietnam War, as well as serving in the military for many years as an officer. When he was honorably discharged as a veteran military officer, he went into college to study education - especially with regards to physical education. His staunch personality made him hated by many students when he started working at Central Valley High School. He tolerates no pranks, no bullying, and has a "No B.S." attitude plastered onto his face. Anderson eventually was promoted to be one of the assistant principals, especially in charge of disciplinary action. And under his watch, there are no rules to be broken - because breaking a rule is just asking for detention. Cause too much, and Anderson, in the past, has suspended students from going to Junior or Senior Prom.
Character's Appearance: Lieutenant-General Anderson in his glory days; Anderson, as he is today. The first picture sits proudly on his desk, and he'll often speak of the 'glory days' of being an officer and such.
Character's Height: 190 lbs.
Character's Weight: 5'4".

App-Tag *18 (DO NOT REMOVE)

Also, if I get accepted, as a future note to other people who will be playing as students: yes, you can play as Theodore Anderson IV (as Anderson III would probably be 47, at youngest; and 52 at oldest). Meaning I'd be playing your grandfather, as well, technically speaking. :P
Last edited by The V O I D on Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:56 pm

The V O I D wrote:Time to play as the most unpopular teacher at school. :P

Character's Role: Former Phys. Ed. Teacher; now the head disciplinarian in terms of being in charge of detention and such.
Character's Personality: Mr. Anderson is the strictest teacher/assistant principal/disciplinarian at the school. The reason being is that he served in the Vietnam War, as well as serving in the military for many years as an officer. When he was honorably discharged as a veteran military officer, he went into college to study education - especially with regards to physical education. His staunch personality made him hated by many students when he started working at Central Valley High School. He tolerates no pranks, no bullying, and has a "No B.S." attitude plastered onto his face. Anderson eventually was promoted to be one of the assistant principals, especially in charge of disciplinary action. And under his watch, there are no rules to be broken - because breaking a rule is just asking for detention. Cause too much, and Anderson, in the past, has suspended students from going to Junior or Senior Prom.
Character's Appearance: Lieutenant-General Anderson in his glory days; Anderson, as he is today. The first picture sits proudly on his desk, and he'll often speak of the 'glory days' of being an officer and such.

Haha! Wow, this actually fits perfectly with the app I have coming for principal... :lol:

New Orleans, Louisiana.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:00 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:
The V O I D wrote:Time to play as the most unpopular teacher at school. :P

Haha! Wow, this actually fits perfectly with the app I have coming for principal... :lol:

Oh, cool, so we're complimentary, then. That's good.

I also sorta gave permission to future applicants, if I'm accepted, to essentially RP my grandkid factoring in Ted's age and such. The kid would either be the most avoided because FEAR THE WRATH OF ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL ANDERSON. Or they'd be the most hated on of the Outsiders despite having friends and such, being that they are the son of the worst assistant principal ever. :P

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:01 pm

That teacher almost made me tempted to use my authority hating character :P

But probably will stick to my other character that also isn't a huge fan of authority, just less of an asshole about it. But she does get up to no good more...
My Last.FM and RYM

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:03 pm

Corrian wrote:That teacher almost made me tempted to use my authority hating character :P

But probably will stick to my other character that also isn't a huge fan of authority, just less of an asshole about it. But she does get up to no good more...

*Jaws theme as Anderson menacingly taps his cane.*

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:11 pm

Oh yeah, one last thing I forgot about. Is there a reason there is no bio in the app? I'm just used to that being a thing.
My Last.FM and RYM

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:16 pm

Corrian wrote:Oh yeah, one last thing I forgot about. Is there a reason there is no bio in the app? I'm just used to that being a thing.

The character personality (being at least a paragraph long) usually does a sufficient job in describing the characters' behaviors, but I also did it to encourage creativity and to avoid Godmodding that sometimes occurs when RPing these sorts of things (how could one character know something that is not revealed in the IC-thread, but somehow does because it is mentioned in their OOC-bio?)

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:33 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:
Corrian wrote:Oh yeah, one last thing I forgot about. Is there a reason there is no bio in the app? I'm just used to that being a thing.

The character personality (being at least a paragraph long) usually does a sufficient job in describing the characters' behaviors, but I also did it to encourage creativity and to avoid Godmodding that sometimes occurs when RPing these sorts of things (how could one character know something that is not revealed in the IC-thread, but somehow does because it is mentioned in their OOC-bio?)

That's fair enough. I was just curious about the lack of it. Thanks for the explanation!
My Last.FM and RYM

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:34 pm

Character's Name: Paul Smith
Character's Role: Principal
Character's Birthday: (07/23/1963)
Character's Personality: Paul is a former United States Marine, and thus devotes his post-retirement educational career with a focus on ensuring his students are well-disciplined and focused by the time they graduate in order to succeed in both college and professional life. Paul has a tendency to enact strict disciplinary measures on his students, thus earning his nickname: "the bald eagle." However, despite this attitude, Mr. Smith is actually slightly more relaxed than Mr. Anderson and has lots of professional contacts. Many students who have excelled in academics and stayed on Mr. Smith's "good side" found themselves an excellent future reference. While Paul tries to keep a tight grip on students, he's fairly loose when it comes to faculty. Mr. Smith used to be a teacher and an ROTC instructor, but he was given a "promotion" (but, actually, it was to get him out of a classroom for being too totalitarian). Unfortunately for those students who think they can get away with schmoozing, Mr. Smith does not have much of a sense of humor for those sort of things... although he does give some hilarious and badass speeches during pep rallies, which does provide for a glimmer of hope.
Character's Appearance: Mr. Smith
Character's Height: 200 lbs
Character's Weight: 6'1

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:35 pm

I'm going to have so much fun, playing as Smith..

New Orleans, Louisiana.

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:40 pm

STUDENT APPLICATION

Character's Name: Tyrus Battle
Character's Gender: Male
Character's Grade: Sophomore
Character's Class: Core
Character's Birthday: (08/01/2000)
Character's Personality: As a sophomore, "Ty" is a very mature for his age. With many colleges already scouting him for his talents in basketball, he knows that he can't be like the other kids at school and goof around. Outside of basketball, Ty is a dedicated student. He tries to maintain his grades as best he can, usually he does so with flying colors, but there are some times he struggles. Teachers never complain about him, he often even jokes around with the teachers to establish a good relationship. With the limited time between athletics and schoolwork, Tyrus finds some time to hang out with his friends, although it is rare when he finally gets to.
Character's Strengths and Weaknesses: Tyrus' height could be imposing on people he hasn't met yet, as he towers over others in the hallways, either making it hard to make friends or making a great conversation starter. He has a weirdly stupid sense of humor, which many others typically don't understand. In class, he specializes in history and has a hard time in math, he usually does okay in the rest of his class.
Character's Appearance: 4-Star Recruit, Tyrus Battle
Character's Height : 6'5"
Character's Weight: 207lbs
Character's Clique: Athlete (Basketball)
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
Same me, now with tattoos.
meh, just call me Greeky because nobody really wants to say "The New Greek Republic..."
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
---`,o---_/--o .--`------
-----`"`;-O--(---------
--------/--.--""``\\\\----
------.`-O------.\\,,||
----.`------""`|-`""`----
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/
What's red and bad for your teeth?

A brick.
Sanabel wrote: I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

Just warning you, your ears will have orgasms.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:58 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:Character's Name: Paul Smith
Character's Role: Principal
Character's Birthday: (07/23/1963)
Character's Personality: Paul is a former United States Marine, and thus devotes his post-retirement educational career with a focus on ensuring his students are well-disciplined and focused by the time they graduate in order to succeed in both college and professional life. Paul has a tendency to enact strict disciplinary measures on his students, thus earning his nickname: "the bald eagle." However, despite this attitude, Mr. Smith is actually slightly more relaxed than Mr. Anderson and has lots of professional contacts. Many students who have excelled in academics and stayed on Mr. Smith's "good side" found themselves an excellent future reference. While Paul tries to keep a tight grip on students, he's fairly loose when it comes to faculty. Mr. Smith used to be a teacher and an ROTC instructor, but he was given a "promotion" (but, actually, it was to get him out of a classroom for being too totalitarian). Unfortunately for those students who think they can get away with schmoozing, Mr. Smith does not have much of a sense of humor for those sort of things... although he does give some hilarious and badass speeches during pep rallies, which does provide for a glimmer of hope.
Character's Appearance: Mr. Smith
Character's Height: 200 lbs
Character's Weight: 6'1

When an authoritarian looks liberal, you know Mr. Anderson is strict. :P

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:15 pm

Hmm, what are standard, non-core classes for a school to have? Like electives?
Last edited by Corrian on Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

Saint Ryvern
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Ryvern » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:22 pm

Corrian wrote:Hmm, what are standard, non-core classes for a school to have? Like electives?

Core classes at my high school were English literature and composition, science, math, social science, and physical education (yes, we had to take three activity classes in order to graduate). Electives were centered around band, choir, computer classes (these ranged from Photoshop to Computer-Aided Design at my school), business, agriculture, woodworking, metalworking. Basically an elective is anything that doesn't immediately fall into one of the five core categories.

Now, I'm not the co-op, so I don't know if this applies to Central Valley High School; I am just answering based on my high school experience.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:24 pm

Saint Ryvern wrote:
Corrian wrote:Hmm, what are standard, non-core classes for a school to have? Like electives?

Core classes at my high school were English literature and composition, science, math, social science, and physical education (yes, we had to take three activity classes in order to graduate). Electives were centered around band, choir, computer classes (these ranged from Photoshop to Computer-Aided Design at my school), business, agriculture, woodworking, metalworking. Basically an elective is anything that doesn't immediately fall into one of the five core categories.

Now, I'm not the co-op, so I don't know if this applies to Central Valley High School; I am just answering based on my high school experience.

Actually, for me, it's Four Core Classes (but a credit-based system to graduate, you must take some electives to get necessary credits to graduate).

English, Science, Social Science/History, and Maths.

Saint Ryvern
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Ryvern » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:32 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Saint Ryvern wrote:Core classes at my high school were English literature and composition, science, math, social science, and physical education (yes, we had to take three activity classes in order to graduate). Electives were centered around band, choir, computer classes (these ranged from Photoshop to Computer-Aided Design at my school), business, agriculture, woodworking, metalworking. Basically an elective is anything that doesn't immediately fall into one of the five core categories.

Actually, for me, it's Four Core Classes (but a credit-based system to graduate, you must take some electives to get necessary credits to graduate).

English, Science, Social Science/History, and Maths.

My school used a credit-based system too. You needed a certain amount of English, science, social science (which included history), math, and physical education to graduate. The way you earned the rest of the credits was up to you to decide.

Each education system is different in the way they structure their academic core. Even by my last year in high school the board of education had changed the academic core to require a class on personal financial management to graduate.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse