NATION

PASSWORD

War In Heaven (OOC|Semi-Closed|Sci-Fi|Mature)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Apror
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:41 pm

Anowa wrote:
Apror wrote:And how long IRL?

Depends on how quickly we post.

As for if we start pushing back, when we gain enough ground to actually get payoff from it, sure.

Yus. That could make for good RP I'd guess where the characters aren't constantly focused on the war, and the small things come back. Maybe like a bar or something, and that nice jazz, though from the sounds of it, sounds like a long time in advance. Especially considering how long this war has been going on.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment
5. Pro Equality between all people.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:46 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:and loaded up his light machine gun with ammunition.

You mean sub-par semi-auto rifle right?

Because that's all you have.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Walrusvylon
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Walrusvylon » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:05 pm

My first IC post is up.
Reactionary rad-trad. Born between 6 and 11 centuries too late. Neocameralist some days, un-constitutional monarchist and neo-Luddite other days. Tolkien enthusiast. Neoreaction/Dark Enlightenment reader.
'Equality is the opposite of quality.'
'I strongly urge you to read Moldbug!'
'I am an excellent proof-reader... after I click submit.'

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:08 pm

Walrusvylon wrote:My first IC post is up.

Nice.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Walrusvylon
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Walrusvylon » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:14 pm

Apror wrote:
Anowa wrote:Depends on how quickly we post.

As for if we start pushing back, when we gain enough ground to actually get payoff from it, sure.

Yus. That could make for good RP I'd guess where the characters aren't constantly focused on the war, and the small things come back. Maybe like a bar or something, and that nice jazz, though from the sounds of it, sounds like a long time in advance. Especially considering how long this war has been going on.

That sounds like a good idea.
Reactionary rad-trad. Born between 6 and 11 centuries too late. Neocameralist some days, un-constitutional monarchist and neo-Luddite other days. Tolkien enthusiast. Neoreaction/Dark Enlightenment reader.

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:20 pm

Walrusvylon wrote:
Apror wrote:Yus. That could make for good RP I'd guess where the characters aren't constantly focused on the war, and the small things come back. Maybe like a bar or something, and that nice jazz, though from the sounds of it, sounds like a long time in advance. Especially considering how long this war has been going on.

That sounds like a good idea.

Ikr? I'm assuming we're going to start pushing back and going to stalemate, if not winning status eventually cause just getting genocided sounds no fun and depressing. Maybe get some Spart-ii program up in this shit when we have breathing room. Oh, Idea! After this RP, another thread about after the war, and how humans and the Aileens interact with each other after the years of hell they did to each other.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Walrusvylon
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Walrusvylon » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:34 pm

Apror wrote:
Walrusvylon wrote:That sounds like a good idea.

Ikr? I'm assuming we're going to start pushing back and going to stalemate, if not winning status eventually cause just getting genocided sounds no fun and depressing. Maybe get some Spart-ii program up in this shit when we have breathing room. Oh, Idea! After this RP, another thread about after the war, and how humans and the Aileens interact with each other after the years of hell they did to each other.

Probably with a good dose of racism. Or would it be speciesism?

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:39 pm

Walrusvylon wrote:
Apror wrote:Ikr? I'm assuming we're going to start pushing back and going to stalemate, if not winning status eventually cause just getting genocided sounds no fun and depressing. Maybe get some Spart-ii program up in this shit when we have breathing room. Oh, Idea! After this RP, another thread about after the war, and how humans and the Aileens interact with each other after the years of hell they did to each other.

Probably with a good dose of racism. Or would it be speciesism?

Why not? And yes, it would in fact be Speciesism, which would be fair considering all the shit that happened. I think my character is kinda of speciest. He doesn't think Slavery or Genocide is the answer, but he surely hates Aileen's, the only exception being the Ansyar, who he feels if he got to know one individually, he could come to an equal understanding with them.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:58 pm

I already have future threads planned.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:59 pm

Anowa wrote:I already have future threads planned.

Nice.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:36 pm

Anowa wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:and loaded up his light machine gun with ammunition.

Wait, what?

How the hell does the CDF not have any machine guns, especially this far into the future? Doesn't really make any sense.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:47 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
Anowa wrote:

Wait, what?

How the hell does the CDF not have any machine guns, especially this far into the future? Doesn't really make any sense.

We're conscripts, not elite soldiers. We don't get the good shit until we prove we won't get killed soon enough to where it would be useless.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:54 pm

Tayner wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:Wait, what?

We're conscripts, not elite soldiers. We don't get the good shit until we prove we won't get killed soon enough to where it would be useless.

Even still, machine guns are something that even basic soldiers would be equipped with, not just elites.

Sheesh...if the CDF is losing so often in battle, this is why!
Last edited by The Orson Empire on Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dormill and Stiura
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 19, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dormill and Stiura » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:55 pm

Tayner wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:Wait, what?

So you best hope that you survive long enough to the next supply drop to get some fancy stuff. Otherwise you have just your trusty rifle (which will probably be destroyed or otherwise unusable in less than a week) and whatever you can scavenge from those who came before. Like 5555 is trying to do.
The United Republics of Dormill and Stiura
Liberty, Justice, Democracy
Join The Western Isles and chart your own path!
"Interacting with Dormill and Stiura; violently." -Balnik, 2021
"DAZ CONGRATULATING SOMEONE FOR GETTING 60%! this is a highlight of my day!" Ainslie, 2021
Oh Night Unholy
Shadow
Terror
Inferno (Coming Soon)

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:57 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
Tayner wrote:We're conscripts, not elite soldiers. We don't get the good shit until we prove we won't get killed soon enough to where it would be useless.

Even still, machine guns are something that even basic soldiers would be equipped with, not just elites.

They're really low on resources.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:57 pm

Dormill and Stiura wrote:
Tayner wrote:We're conscripts, not elite soldiers. We don't get the good shit until we prove we won't get killed soon enough to where it would be useless.

So you best hope that you survive long enough to the next supply drop to get some fancy stuff. Otherwise you have just your trusty rifle (which will probably be destroyed or otherwise unusable in less than a week) and whatever you can scavenge from those who came before. Like 5555 is trying to do.

The boys from before don't have their better gear yet.

Of all the gear, the rifles actually the least likely to breakdown.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:59 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:

The material situation is dire, so I would believe that the CDF Command would be trying to keep the more experienced and hardened units with a longer life expectancy better equipped, and keep us (presumed) redshirts armed with just enough to defend ourselves.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:01 pm

Tayner wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:Even still, machine guns are something that even basic soldiers would be equipped with, not just elites.

The material situation is dire, so I would believe that the CDF Command would be trying to keep the more experienced and hardened units with a longer life expectancy better equipped, and keep us (presumed) redshirts armed with just enough to defend ourselves.

But it says in the opening post that humanity has an advantage in industrial capacity. Whole asteroids and even entire planets are processed just for their ore.

Dormill and Stiura
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dormill and Stiura » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:01 pm

Anowa wrote:
Dormill and Stiura wrote:So you best hope that you survive long enough to the next supply drop to get some fancy stuff. Otherwise you have just your trusty rifle (which will probably be destroyed or otherwise unusable in less than a week) and whatever you can scavenge from those who came before. Like 5555 is trying to do.

The boys from before don't have their better gear yet.

How much ammo are we sent in with, on that note?

Pretty sure that we'd be looting corpses for whatever ammo they may have before long.
"DAZ CONGRATULATING SOMEONE FOR GETTING 60%! this is a highlight of my day!" Ainslie, 2021
Oh Night Unholy
Shadow
Terror
Inferno (Coming Soon)

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:02 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
Tayner wrote:The material situation is dire, so I would believe that the CDF Command would be trying to keep the more experienced and hardened units with a longer life expectancy better equipped, and keep us (presumed) redshirts armed with just enough to defend ourselves.

But it says in the opening post that humanity has an advantage in industrial capacity. Whole asteroids and even entire planets are processed just for their ore.

Exactly, you think we would do that if we weren't in deep shit?

Also, if we're quoting the OP, it says full units die before automatic rifles and emplaned weapons can be supplied to them.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:06 pm

Dormill and Stiura wrote:
Anowa wrote:The boys from before don't have their better gear yet.

How much ammo are we sent in with, on that note?

Pretty sure that we'd be looting corpses for whatever ammo they may have before long.

Four magazines.

The Orson Empire wrote:
Tayner wrote:The material situation is dire, so I would believe that the CDF Command would be trying to keep the more experienced and hardened units with a longer life expectancy better equipped, and keep us (presumed) redshirts armed with just enough to defend ourselves.

Supply and demand. Nothing can be wasted, so the production of arms coincides with number of people heading to the front. The wood and steel tubes of the GI rifle is very easy and quick to make, they have a surplus of them in the millions to supply civilian garrisons if they show up on the front. The polymer, magnetic, and titanium structure of improved body armor and firearms takes a lot longer to accurately produce ship out.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:08 pm

Tayner wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:But it says in the opening post that humanity has an advantage in industrial capacity. Whole asteroids and even entire planets are processed just for their ore.

Exactly, you think we would do that if we weren't in deep shit?

Also, if we're quoting the OP, it says full units die before automatic rifles and emplaned weapons can be supplied to them.

Dear God, this universe is approaching Warhammer 40K levels of desperation!

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:10 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
Tayner wrote:Exactly, you think we would do that if we weren't in deep shit?

Dear God, this universe is approaching Warhammer 40K levels of desperation!

Except 40k had super-soldiers for the humans to hope show up. And got reinforced with anti-tank weapons and emplaced guns immediately.

I'd also like to note that the GI Rifles use 20 round Magazines, not 8 round clips.
Last edited by Anowa on Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Dormill and Stiura
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dormill and Stiura » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:13 pm

Anowa wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:Dear God, this universe is approaching Warhammer 40K levels of desperation!

Except 40k had super-soldiers for the humans to hope show up. And got reinforced with anti-tank weapons and emplaced guns immediately.

All we've got is a gas mask, a steel helmet, ceramic chest-piece, and a simple rifle with four mags.

I've been wondering about the chances of encountering an Olympian during this RP, it'd be interesting to see at least one of them.
Oh Night Unholy
Shadow
Terror
Inferno (Coming Soon)

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:15 pm

Anowa wrote:
Dormill and Stiura wrote:How much ammo are we sent in with, on that note?

Four magazines.

The Orson Empire wrote:But it says in the opening post that humanity has an advantage in industrial capacity. Whole asteroids and even entire planets are processed just for their ore.

Supply and demand. Nothing can be wasted, so the production of arms coincides with number of people heading to the front. The wood and steel tubes of the GI rifle is very easy and quick to make, they have a surplus of them in the millions to supply civilian garrisons if they show up on the front. The polymer, magnetic, and titanium structure of improved body armor and firearms takes a lot longer to accurately produce ship out.

How come the tech level has regressed, though?

By the 32nd century, humanity would likely have something similar to the replicators from Star Trek, and these sorts of weapons would be relatively easy to produce.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse