NATION

PASSWORD

Hearts of Darkness (Alt-History, Nation) OOC | OPEN

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mechanist Combine
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Mechanist Combine » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:35 pm

Zanera wrote:
Nationstates Name: Zanera
Nation Name: The Imperial Crown of Great Britain
Flag (Optional):
Governing Ideology: Monarchy
Leader(s): Queen Victoria
Territorial Claims: England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, South Afrika, Australia, Canada, ex-East India Company holdings in India
Population: 39,319,700 (Combined Population); 31,484,700 Eng,Wal,Scot,NI
Land Forces:
Naval Forces:

Point of Divergence: (1700 or Later)
History: (Two Paragraphs Minimum)
Culture:
Theme: (Optional)

ID TAG 1997 (DO NOT REMOVE)

Excuse me sir, mind looking at my post on page 2, thanks.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:11 pm

Mechanist Combine wrote:
Zanera wrote:
Nationstates Name: Zanera
Nation Name: The Imperial Crown of Great Britain
Flag (Optional):
Leader(s): Queen Victoria
Territorial Claims: England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, South Afrika, Australia, Canada, ex-East India Company holdings in India
Population: 39,319,700 (Combined Population); 31,484,700 Eng,Wal,Scot,NI
Land Forces:
Naval Forces:

Point of Divergence: (1700 or Later)
History: (Two Paragraphs Minimum)
Culture:

Alright, I thought about it, and the main cause I lose that much of my Indian holdings in 1857 is because Scotland and Ireland had seceded from me suddenly for some reason decades beforehand.

Seeing as how we fought along side each other against the dirty Frenchie Napoleon, we're apparently still cool to some level, I'm guessing?

Perhaps, we can get have a really tight economic/military relationship, which might aid both of us with my ideas of future territorial expansion, which can make both of us very powerful. You will no longer have a Potato Economy, Scotland/Ireland can still be powerful, and ENgland and S/I can still be besties.
Last edited by Zanera on Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ubaria
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:22 pm

Zanera wrote:
Ubaria wrote:
That would be me.

I'd argue with the building of the Suez Canal, Britain would want to keep Gibraltar, especially since they still have holdings in India. With the Second Industrial Revolution Britain would have all kinds of new growth, at least until 1873, but I think we're starting in 1870 anyway. Plus, giving away Gibraltar would only further the uncertainty in the stability of the British economy. Gibraltar was also a very important British holding, and they still have some kind of jurisdiction over it even today, I believe.

However, since you weakened the threat of Spain dramatically and even screwed up their colonial holdings, and even went ahead and went around Gibraltar during your invasion (shows the British that you respect us to some degree), then we can set up something to where we can (somehow) share Gibraltar, and possibly ally with you.

A jointly operated Gibraltar sounds good to me. I only took it because nobody had taken Britain at the time and i wanted to round off Southern Spain.
Yo, that's mad.

Mechanist Combine
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Mechanist Combine » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:29 pm

Zanera wrote:
Mechanist Combine wrote:

Alright, I thought about it, and the main cause I lose that much of my Indian holdings in 1857 is because Scotland and Ireland had seceded from me suddenly for some reason decades beforehand.

Seeing as how we fought along side each other against the dirty Frenchie Napoleon, we're apparently still cool to some level, I'm guessing?

Perhaps, we can get have a really tight economic/military relationship, which might aid both of us with my ideas of future territorial expansion, which can make both of us very powerful. You will no longer have a Potato Economy, Scotland/Ireland can still be powerful, and ENgland and S/I can still be besties.

That seems reasonable. It would make sense.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:32 pm

Ubaria wrote:
Zanera wrote:
I'd argue with the building of the Suez Canal, Britain would want to keep Gibraltar, especially since they still have holdings in India. With the Second Industrial Revolution Britain would have all kinds of new growth, at least until 1873, but I think we're starting in 1870 anyway. Plus, giving away Gibraltar would only further the uncertainty in the stability of the British economy. Gibraltar was also a very important British holding, and they still have some kind of jurisdiction over it even today, I believe.

However, since you weakened the threat of Spain dramatically and even screwed up their colonial holdings, and even went ahead and went around Gibraltar during your invasion (shows the British that you respect us to some degree), then we can set up something to where we can (somehow) share Gibraltar, and possibly ally with you.

A jointly operated Gibraltar sounds good to me. I only took it because nobody had taken Britain at the time and i wanted to round off Southern Spain.

Alright. So we'll also be allies?

Mechanist Combine wrote:
Zanera wrote:

I might TG you sometime about my plans for territorial expansion.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:39 pm

Mechanist Combine wrote:
Zanera wrote:

Actually, can I at least have Northern Ireland? Or maybe that'd end up Scottish/Irish territory?

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:39 pm

Mexico needs its French suzerain.
Roleplay Information
2024: The Long Peace - United Mexican States

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.

No way.

When we meet aliens from outer space, we'll yell:

We poison our air and water to weed out the weak!
We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere!
We nailed our god to a stick!
Don't fuck with the human race!

Kanye West 2024

Hudson
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hudson » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:54 pm

Nationstates Name: Hudson (Also United States of Cascadia)
Nation Name: Italy (Offcially Papal States of Italy)
Flag (Optional):
Governing Ideology: Theocratic Constitutional Monarchy
Leader(s): Pope Pius IX (Head of State), Camerlengo Marco Minghetti (Head of Government, essentially Prime Minister)
Territorial Claims: (These must be adjacent to one another.) Italy (Including Siciliy and Sardinia), Istria, and Dalmatia (Croatian Coastline).
Population: 26 Million
Land Forces: 150,000
Naval Forces: 12 ironclads, 10 cruisers, 4 gunboats

Point of Divergence: (1700 or Later) 1846
History: Following his election, Pius IX went on with many of the liberal reforms hoped for by many within Italy, including the granting of a constitution with with Pope as head of state and a parliament. With the Papal States embracing of liberalism and the newfound Neo-Guelphism, the state became a center for the Risorgimento in Italy. The Papacy aided the revolutionary movements of 1848 throughout Italy, and during this conflict with Austria managed to annex Tuscany and Modena.

The next stage of the Italian Unification came in 1857 when the Papal states moved to annex Sardinia-Piedmont. With Giuseppe Garibaldi's expedition of 1,000 the Two Sicilies were added to to the Papal lands. Finally, the Papal States declared a united Italy and declared war on Austria for Veneto and Lombardy.
Culture: Italian

Still a slight WIP.

Deramen
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:01 pm

Hudson wrote:
Nationstates Name: Hudson (Also United States of Cascadia)
Nation Name: Italy (Offcially Papal States of Italy)
Flag (Optional):
Governing Ideology: Theocratic Constitutional Monarchy
Leader(s): Pope Pius IX (Head of State), Camerlengo Marco Minghetti (Head of Government, essentially Prime Minister)
Territorial Claims: (These must be adjacent to one another.) Italy (Including Siciliy and Sardinia), Istria, and Dalmatia (Croatian Coastline).
Population: 26 Million
Land Forces: 150,000
Naval Forces: 12 ironclads, 10 cruisers, 4 gunboats

Point of Divergence: (1700 or Later) 1846
History: Following his election, Pius IX went on with many of the liberal reforms hoped for by many within Italy, including the granting of a constitution with with Pope as head of state and a parliament. With the Papal States embracing of liberalism and the newfound Neo-Guelphism, the state became a center for the Risorgimento in Italy. The Papacy aided the revolutionary movements of 1848 throughout Italy, and during this conflict with Austria managed to annex Tuscany and Modena.

The next stage of the Italian Unification came in 1857 when the Papal states moved to annex Sardinia-Piedmont. With Giuseppe Garibaldi's expedition of 1,000 the Two Sicilies were added to to the Papal lands. Finally, the Papal States declared a united Italy and declared war on Austria for Veneto and Lombardy.
Culture: Italian

Still a slight WIP.

Im pretty sure Dalmatia in my territory. :blink:
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:
Scoochi2 wrote:I'm now being offered Filipino girlfriends...

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Hudson
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hudson » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:06 pm

Deramen wrote:Im pretty sure Dalmatia in my territory. :blink:

Oops, didn't notice that, I'll go edit my claims then.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:22 pm

Hudson wrote:
Deramen wrote:Im pretty sure Dalmatia in my territory. :blink:

Oops, didn't notice that, I'll go edit my claims then.

Actually looking at the map I dont own it so its all yours.

Sorry for the messup.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Ubaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:27 pm

Zanera wrote:
Ubaria wrote:

If you'd like, i mean my closest other potential ally is the Ottomans, but they're the other side of the Med.
Yo, that's mad.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:31 pm

Ubaria wrote:
Zanera wrote:

If you'd like, i mean my closest other potential ally is the Ottomans, but they're the other side of the Med.

I mean im up for it.

Down with Crusaders up with the Janissaries!
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:33 pm

Ubaria wrote:
Zanera wrote:

Deramen wrote:
Ubaria wrote:

I mean im up for it.

I'm willing to ally with both of you.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:35 pm

Zanera wrote:
Ubaria wrote:

Deramen wrote:I mean im up for it.

:eyebrow: Brits allying with two very islamic nations?

i n t r e s t i n g .
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:37 pm

Deramen wrote:
Zanera wrote:

:eyebrow: Brits allying with two very islamic nations?

i n t r e s t i n g .

Morocco helped take Spain out of any power equations, plus, you two are in very favorable geographical positions.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:38 pm

Zanera wrote:
Deramen wrote: :eyebrow: Brits allying with two very islamic nations?

i n t r e s t i n g .

Morocco helped take Spain out of any power equations, plus, you two are in very favorable geographical positions.

Mediterranean-Anglo Pact when?
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Ubaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:39 pm

Deramen wrote:
Zanera wrote:

Mediterranean-Anglo Pact when?

seems OP
i like it.
Yo, that's mad.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:40 pm

Ubaria wrote:
Deramen wrote:Mediterranean-Anglo Pact when?

seems OP
i like it.

New European Pact when?
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:42 pm

Now.
It'll turn out alright, I'm sure. We play our cards right, and we will be in great positions.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:47 pm

Zanera wrote:Now.
It'll turn out alright, I'm sure. We play our cards right, and we will be in great positions.

Woah woah, who put you in charge, if anything I'd be the leader.

Considering how me and Ubaria are Islamic and I seem to be the bigger and older power I'd lead the group then allow you in.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Conchabira
Minister

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Conchabira » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:01 pm

I don't know what is taken yet but if South Africa is open then I'll take it, if not then I'll reserve Brazil or Sweden.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:14 pm

Conchabira wrote:I don't know what is taken yet but if South Africa is open then I'll take it, if not then I'll reserve Brazil or Sweden.

I have South Africa.

Deramen wrote:
Zanera wrote:Now.

Woah woah, who put you in charge, if anything I'd be the leader.

Considering how me and Ubaria are Islamic and I seem to be the bigger and older power I'd lead the group then allow you in.

As long as we don't end up screwing ourselves over.

Ibendalia
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ibendalia » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:30 pm

Nationstates Name:Ibendalia
Nation Name:Império do Brasil
Flag (Optional):

Leader(s):D. Pedro II
Territorial Claims: Brazil (Minus Acre) and Urugay; puppeting Paraguay.
Population: 9.930.478
Land Forces:
Naval Forces:
Point of Divergence: 1831-D. Pedro I never abdicates.
History: In 1831, D. Pedro I never abdicates the Brazilian throne. His government, with the help of the navy and his ministers, becomes more stable, and Pedro I’s authority is never questioned. The true highlight of his rule happened in 1834, when he ordered the Brazilian navigator Carlos Guedes to sail to Gabon and claim it for Brazil. When he arrived, in 1835, he found extreme resistance against Brazil’s colonization of Gabon. This caused the short Gabon war, in which the African natives resisted Brazil’s repeated attempts to colonize their land. Even after winning the war, Brazil struggled to maintain the colony, eventually giving it up on 1840.
Pedro I died in 1840, and the regency in this timeline lasted only three years, in which Brazil was ruled by Costa e Lima. When Pedro II rises to the throne, Brazil is stable and prosperous. His rule remained pretty much the same up until now.
Culture: Brazilian
Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIawobx5Xmc
Hello

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:55 pm

Would it be safe to assume I have Hong Kong?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse