NATION

PASSWORD

The Madhouse [Role Play Group - Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

27 Jan: Should OP hold players to a standard for their personal conduct outside that game/group?

Yes - because their actions reflect negatively on my RP/group, even if those actions are done in other places
22%
Yes - because I can't trust them to not do the same in my own group/RP
16%
Maybe - it depends on if Mods were involved
14%
Maybe - it depends on what my group wants to do
14%
No - because people make mistakes, and this player's mistake didn't happen in my group
22%
No - because it's none of my business
12%

Total votes : 50

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:46 pm

So, i posted the Prelim OP for it and linked to the Lore thread here, but here is the OOC for Welcome to Omega Station, if anyone is interested, IC will be going up for it within a couple days.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:36 pm

How's Peacekeepers reboot going?
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:11 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:How's Peacekeepers reboot going?

It's a failure. I didn't advertise it here, but I did advertised it through Discord, mainly to the RP groups (though to be honest I actually expected for people to join because of the name's popularity, or the series. :p ).

I'm wondering if it is because the exhaustion of normal military special forces RP? I also wonder if adding in certain elements (like sci-fi, or extraterrestrials ala ATHENA) is going to work.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:07 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:How's Peacekeepers reboot going?

It's a failure. I didn't advertise it here, but I did advertised it through Discord, mainly to the RP groups (though to be honest I actually expected for people to join because of the name's popularity, or the series. :p ).

I'm wondering if it is because the exhaustion of normal military special forces RP? I also wonder if adding in certain elements (like sci-fi, or extraterrestrials ala ATHENA) is going to work.

Maybe. :P

What was the last version?
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:18 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:

Maybe. :P

What was the last version?

The last version of the Peacekeepers? It was your pretty normal military RP with no sci-fi. 2018.
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:28 pm

Might remake ATHENA again.
mumblemumblemumble

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Thu May 03, 2018 6:33 pm

#TMPAPP

GENERAL INFORMATION
Nickname on NS:Arengin, or just Aren.

Discord name: Some Infamous Guy

Main haunt(s) (F&NI, II, NS, GE&T, NS Sports, P2TM, F7): P2TM and occasionally II.

Timezone:Pacific USA West Coast

Other NS Nations: Just Arengin.

Tech Levels (for Nation play): MT

ROLE PLAYING
How long have you been role playing?
oof, since I started on NS.
Did you learn to role play on NationStates?
Kind of.
What methods of gaming do you enjoy the most?
Storytelling I guess.
What RP Genre(s) do you play?
Sci Fi, Horror, Action/Adventure.
What RP Franchise(s), if any, do you play?
Star Wars, Fallout and those are about it.
Do you have GMing/OP experience?
Yee
What is your area of expertise?: I've gotten mixes of people saying im good at character dev and writing, as well as world building.

Would you feel confident teaching others this skill?
I feel I could do it.
In your own words, what is role play?
Roleplay is to imagine ourselves in the boots of another, be it based on fiction or otherwise, and be it a representation of ourselves or a different person altogether.
Why do you RP?
cause its fun

ARTISTS
Are you an artist?
I wish, but no. Not in the making paintings and professional drawings.
Would you consider doing commissioned work?
I can't.
DeviantArt account?
If yes, are you a member of Deviant-NationStates?

FINAL THOUGHTS
Why would you like to join Madhouse?
Cause I've heard its a good non toxic group.
Last edited by Arengin Union on Thu May 03, 2018 6:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri May 04, 2018 7:12 pm

Arengin Union wrote:snippage

o/ sent up the signal for the other co-admins. We'll get back to you ASAP.
mumblemumblemumble

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016

Postby Arengin Union » Fri May 04, 2018 8:04 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Arengin Union wrote:snippage

k
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri May 04, 2018 11:00 pm

Arengin Union wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:

k

TGed link.

-Tilt
mumblemumblemumble

Zanera
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Fri May 04, 2018 11:21 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Arengin Union wrote:k

TGed link.

-Tilt

Can I have a link, too? I TGed the admin account for this thread a couple months ago but I don't think they've touched the account for a while.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Fri May 04, 2018 11:25 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Arengin Union wrote:k

TGed link.

-Tilt

>Joined over a year ago
>never got a link to the Discord

*suspicion*
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri May 04, 2018 11:36 pm

Thinking of being a Fargo-themed RP, though I think I know of a bit of a story I can use for the main plot.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat May 05, 2018 12:02 am

Anowa wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:
TGed link.

-Tilt

>Joined over a year ago
>never got a link to the Discord

*suspicion*

Did you not? Interesting.
mumblemumblemumble

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat May 05, 2018 12:04 am

Zanera wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:
TGed link.

-Tilt

Can I have a link, too? I TGed the admin account for this thread a couple months ago but I don't think they've touched the account for a while.

Yeah, they've been busy. TGed.
mumblemumblemumble

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat May 05, 2018 12:11 am

For anyone else - TG me. I'll check in the morning.

Night.
mumblemumblemumble

Zanera
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Sat May 05, 2018 2:54 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Zanera wrote:

Yeah, they've been busy. TGed.

Thank you.

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu May 10, 2018 11:28 am

RP URL: The Last Light
RP Name: The Last Light.
Offered by: Benuty
Subforum: P2TM.
Theme: Fantastical Journey into the Afterlife.
Premise: You, and others journey through the afterlife looking for clues as to who you were in the realm of the living, and what truth has you stuck in, and unable to be reborn again. In exchange for quests, the masters of this realm grant you bits of your memory, and appearance as a reward, but don't expect the memories to be unified in any sense. Ultimately once enough of the old you is rediscovered you will be judged, and forced to see your life as you lived it. Whether you murdered the love of your life in a crime of passion or were a notorious thief gunned down by the police while on the run. What you did really doesn't matter, but how you choose to repent of your sins and become cleansed enough to be reborn into the world does matter.

Just because you are dead doesn't mean things in the afterlife cannot hurt you however so don't expect your journey to the truth to be a breeze or for this to be a purely drama based roleplay.

Enrollment: Open
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Sat May 12, 2018 12:03 am

Not sure how acceptable it is to post incomplete OPs to garner interest or review, but here goes.

Cold Storage
A Tale of the Human Condition

On March 3rd 2019, a joint program between NASA, Roscosmos, JAXA, the ESA and CSA was declared: Patrocles, starting a path to extra-solar exploration. Engine designs, hydroponics, new space age materials and cold storage of both supplies as well as people were avenues all explored. All bore some sort of practical fruit, that is, all but the cold storage and resuscitation of living humans. Cadavers had been used prior, causing no notable tissue damage, and after that animals, with no other notable damage. The scheduled event that was to freeze several volunteers from international selections was halted, 2006 DP14 was discovered on a collision course with Earth in May of 2020.

Avenues of approach were brought up, but no real thought was put into the asteroid actually impacting earth. Though as the days, weeks, months passed, it became more and more concrete that Earth was under a very direct and very serious threat. ICBM usage was jossed about, as was the usage of mass drivers to deflect it, as time went on, even the incredulous thought of a manned mission to destroy it was brought up, but none could have any reliability, much less feasible attainment.

And then, a mere moment of hope. Ironically, Deimos, entered the path of the Asteroid, causing it to fracture, but not disappear. Humanity was now no longer confirmed to it's death sentence, but now, massive chunks were not only confirmed to still be heading into Earth's gravity well, but most likely into a decaying orbit. All humanity had left was time.

On September 14th of 2028, Humanity managed to gain some form of assurance, a massive system of mass drivers located in national countrysides built to destroy as many meteorites as they could to avoid as much damage as possible. On November 30th 2028, an extra step was taken, a number of people, from all walks of life, and all occupations, were entombed in cold storage containers. Inset into the long since decommissioned depths of the Butler County's Iron Mountain Data Center. 340 Men, women, and children were frozen. Only to be awoken at a later date when humanity was safe, or when power ran out.

December 25th, 2028. Humanity's last, honest Christmas, first impact in the East China Sea. Over the next day, hundreds of impacts would rain across Asia and Europe, trailing over to North America and the Atlantic. Billions die in the initial bombardment, many more follow. Within 3 years, Earth's biosphere enters another ice age, the amount of debris in the atmosphere preventing proper temperate changes. It ends after 79 years, altering Earth's biosphere to an unrecognizable degree. Sans those scant few humans that survived on the surface, and the much fewer in their frozen tombs.

The date is now August 18th, 3312. Earth has shifted considerably, many landmarks are now either overgrown, eroded, or occupied by religious tribes. Craters dot the Earth, many deep enough to have volcanic activity. Coastlines have forever changed, raising dramatically compared to the previous level. And deep within the bowels of the Earth, a nuclear fusion reactor finally gives out. Setting an auto release for over 340 Cold Storage pods, their occupants in a dreamless and perception-less sleep for nearly 1300 years, less than a quarter will awake. The rest falling victim to the untested and unused systems, nothing more than withered husks with un-maintained pods. Those that do awake, will be as disoriented as someone literally blinking through time periods.

You are one of those remaining few who have the privilege of waking up.

This is your story.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Sat May 12, 2018 12:04 am

That's a stellar sounding concept so far Anowa.
Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Sat May 12, 2018 12:27 am

RP Url: Shadowrun Cold War
RP Name: Shadowrun Cold War.

Subforum: P2TM.
Theme: Shadowrun, Cold War style.
Premise: The relations between the Corps of the world are becoming tense. Much like the 20th century lines are being drawn across the world. Megacorps aligning with each other like never before our of fear of the others and mutual benefit. The weaker nations even cut ties with some corps on the request of others. While not based in the pure ideology of previous conflicts, this cold war has the potential to break the world just as easily.

But there's money to be made and jobs to be done in such an environment. Shadowrunning had never been so profitable and the venerable anarchist collectives of the Flux State of Berlin have a unique opportunity. With the corporations distracted and wrapped fighting in the shadows, the Flux State sends out agents to advance their interests and bring in money.

But something more may be roiling under the surface. Only time will tell what the future has in store for the people of the Shadows and the world at large, but for now the chill of the Corporate Cold War continues.
Enrollment: Open
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

Highfort
Minister

Founded: May 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Highfort » Tue May 22, 2018 8:58 pm

Take me off the member roster, please.

Thanks for the good times, folks!
First as tragedy, then as farce

Backatri
Envoy

Founded: Mar 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Backatri » Wed May 30, 2018 8:00 am

Hey, I'm of no experience or authority to point these things out, but we've had the same poll since January. Can we change it or is there a reason we haven't changed it?
Card Carrying Member of the adhouse|Proud Member of the GIA

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Wed May 30, 2018 1:13 pm

Backatri wrote:Hey, I'm of no experience or authority to point these things out, but we've had the same poll since January. Can we change it or is there a reason we haven't changed it?

Showrunners been absent and no new ideas for a poll, I believe.
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

Everhall
Senator

Founded: Sep 23, 2014

Postby Everhall » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:29 pm

-Soundtrack-

The Legends of Eroris
Brotherhood

IC Thread
Archive

Co-OPs-

- "Our forces were in dire straits... The enemy calvary had just routed our right flank and everyone thought that it was the end. I was among Alaro's guard that day. He didn't care for his own safety; just for the safety of his soldiers. He disappeared into the enemy horde and for a moment I feared he had been cut down... But later I saw the Emperor, blood and gore encrusted on his valiant blade, fighting with the strength of a thousand men. At that moment I couldn't tell if he was an elf, or a god..."

Soldier of the Order of the Phoenix, written in 2284 of the 3rd Era

"...We had left Eroris as strong men, proud and ignorant of the atrocities that we would face... but now we are just scared boys, broken, riven, and doomed to die..."

-Fallen Soldier

Today is the 30th of Hard Rain (4) the year 4E 901. Alaro Ashen's heirs still rule his Empire, but now they, and the whole of Eroris, face the greatest threat in Erori history. Though, to get to the heart of the story, we have to go back to the beginning.

When Alaro Ashen first united the bickering states of Eroris under his Ashen Empire, the people rejoiced. They were tired after centuries in the darkness of the Third and worse Interregnum. Man killed Man, Beast killed Beast, and Elf killed Elf. The wars of the Third Interregnum were terrible. However, what the people of Eroris failed to realize at the start of the Empire was that a greater prize, dominion over all of Eroris, led to greater conflict. The years of Alaro, and his son Alyari after him, were times of peace and prosperity. And when I say years, I am referring to a few hundred years; elves are naturally long lived after all. However, this tendency to live a hundred, nay, three-hundred years led many Ashen princes to ponder: "Wouldn't it be better if I was the Emperor?" At first, these feelings lingered under the surface, leaving the aging Alyari to dread what would occur following his death. He warned his family to stop bickering over the most trivial of matters before a conflict between cousins turned into a conflict between provinces. These words, however, fell on deaf ears. And, as often comes true with the predictions of dying old men, Alyari's fears came true. The first war of the Ashens, the War of the Phoenix, devastated Eroris on a scale the minor warlords of the Interregnum could only dream of. A continent ripe for the taking was just too great a prize for some. There were periods of peace, yes, but in the end, another long lived uncle or cousin emerged to challenge another for the right to the throne. All this came to a head, however, with the death of Aren II.

Now, Aren II was no ordinary Ashen. He was ambitious, much like Alaro before him, and this ambition led him to his death. You see, what is the point of ambition to conquer more for the Empire when all before his eyes is already conquered? His solution was simple: the southern continent of Akou. Now, not much was known about Akou in those days and even today. Most of the information modern Eroris has on Akou comes from the few races of the land that have migrated onto Eroris. Nevertheless, this foolhardy Emperor invaded, eighty-thousand men, the largest force ever assembled in Erori history, set out to Akou and only one frightened soul returned. Eroris forgot about Aren II's foolish mission... but Akou did not. After his death during his invasion, the War of the Black Phoenix erupted, in which all but one Ashen was killed, the reigning Emperor, up until very, very recently: Azelian the Great. Now, Azelian the Great looked back on all that had gone wrong with his dynasty, and decided that, in the event of his death, any Ashen could challenge the heir apparent for the throne not in war, but in a trial by combat: The Proving. Of course, since he was the only Ashen left, this seemed to be a wise decision on his part. However, this decision could very well doom Eroris. For just a few days before the 30th, the day our story begins, our great, wise Emperor Azelian received reports that a large group of... marauders, we shall call them, had landed on the Valyarian Isle of Alista, and had laid siege to Evermoor. He set out with a legion, confident that he would drive the rabble from his shores. Little did he know, which he would only discover upon his death, was that this was no rabble. This was an invasion...

And that brings us back to now. The Isle of Alista remains cut off from all outside contact as a fleet of "marauders" guards the coast of this great isle. Meanwhile, the sole white raven flies high towards Isnhrion to reignite a conflict between two brothers that could very well doom the world, and I am not speaking lightly when I say this. The dice has been cast, the pieces have been placed, prayers have been answered, (and Lore has been typed) This is the Legend of the Akouteen Invasion.

"I'm not a leader because I am sure of myself, I am leader because my people are sure of me."
-Alaro Ashen

Expect the New Eroris RP in two days :D

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse