NATION

PASSWORD

The Madhouse [Role Play Group - Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

27 Jan: Should OP hold players to a standard for their personal conduct outside that game/group?

Yes - because their actions reflect negatively on my RP/group, even if those actions are done in other places
22%
Yes - because I can't trust them to not do the same in my own group/RP
16%
Maybe - it depends on if Mods were involved
14%
Maybe - it depends on what my group wants to do
14%
No - because people make mistakes, and this player's mistake didn't happen in my group
22%
No - because it's none of my business
12%

Total votes : 50

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:46 pm

#TMPAPP

GENERAL INFORMATION
Nickname on NS: Cer

Main haunt(s) (F&NI, II, NS, GE&T, NS Sports, P2TM, F7): P2TM, NS, F7

Timezone: EST

Other NS Nations: Nezperdian Chaos, Nthalnath, Razil States, Thade Invicta, Curglaff and many others

Tech Levels (for Nation play): PMT, FT, FanT

ROLE PLAYING
How long have you been role playing? Longer than the average F7er has been alive.

Did you learn to role play on NationStates? No.

What methods of gaming do you enjoy the most? PbP, PbEM: storytelling and mechanics games. Tabletop and roundtable. Not really into miniatures anymore. I used to do SCA.

What RP Genre(s) do you play? Horror/Thriller; Fantasy; Mythology-based; Sci-Fi; Mystery, FT Wargaming (RPG)

What RP Franchise(s), if any, do you play? Steam/Diesel/Cyberpunk; Warhammer; Most tabletop games, most "old school" games.

Do you have GMing/OP experience? Y

What is your area of expertise?: I can cheat and just copy my Mentor bio, right?
Character design and development
Conworlding for P2TM and NS (worldbuilding: physics, environment, species, culture, religion, etc)
Faction and Character RP
GM training (fashioning setting, generating plots, balancing characters, moderating IC spats, etc)
Project organization and management
"The cyborg guy"
Does NOT help with homework!

Would you feel confident teaching others this skill these skills? Y

In your own words, what is role play? Breathing life into a character, faction or setting spun from the gossamer strands of my own imagination, then weaving that breath and filament with other people's in order to create a thing of beauty (or despair, or intrigue).

Why do you RP? Because suicide is too messy.

ARTISTS
Are you an artist? Do flags, Polandballs, and RP graphics count?

Would you consider doing commissioned work? No.

DeviantArt account? Yes
If yes, are you a member of Deviant-NationStates? Yes

FINAL THOUGHTS
Why would you like to join Madhouse? I believe in what it promotes, and I see it as a good platform for bringing together people from various backgrounds and games.

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

The Madhouse Role Play Group
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 29, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Madhouse Role Play Group » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:48 pm

Oops, sorry Rygondria. I forgot to add you to the list this morning. Welcome.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:31 pm

Hmm. What's this nonsense all about then?
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012

Postby Rygondria » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:36 pm

The Madhouse Role Play Group wrote:Oops, sorry Rygondria. I forgot to add you to the list this morning. Welcome.

Its ok,

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:40 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Hmm. What's this nonsense all about then?

o/

*pies G-Tech*
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:21 pm

Will have the RP idea I typed up in the discord posted here for opinions either later tonight or on the morrow.

As for the question. I ran a superhuman RP, and OOC arguments were almost guaranteed whether or not character X could beat character Y. First thing I did was tell them not to argue in the OOC and TG it to eachother so everyone else in the thread didn't have to hear their arguing. This worked most of the time. If they couldn't decide, I made a poll. If that tied/was suspiciously one sided (large amounts of votes coming in during a usually quiet time in the RP) then I directly got involved.

Usually it was resolved by, "Character X can win this fight, but the next one, Character Y will win." Which seemed to sate most sane people.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:29 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Hmm. What's this nonsense all about then?

Might as well join. We need a mechanics god. We have cookies (or beer) to offer.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Granis
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:51 am

So, I'm a little nervous, because I'm not super sure if I'm right, but is this kind of like a writers group with roleplay as well? Because I'm interested in joining if that's the case. My app is pretty amature, because I'm... not really new, but still kind of inexperienced with a lot of the specific terms and acronyms.

CODE: SELECT ALL
#TMPAPP

GENERAL INFORMATION
Nickname on NS: Granis

Main haunt(s) (F&NI, II, NS, GE&T, NS Sports, P2TM, F7):
I'm not entirely sure what this means but... Nationstates?

Timezone: Melbourne, Australia

Other NS Nations: Just Granis

Tech Levels (for Nation play):
Depending on what the nation play is, either semi-futuristic or medieval.

ROLE PLAYING
How long have you been role playing? Since about November of 2016.

Did you learn to role play on NationStates? Yes.

What methods of gaming do you enjoy the most? [ex: forum - storytelling, forum - mechanics games, tabletop, LARP, none, etc]
Forum - storytelling, tabletop, want to try LARP but haven't gotten the chance yet.

What RP Genre(s) do you play? [ex: fantasy, science fiction, horror, nation RP etc] mostly science fiction/superhero right now. I want to do more of the highschool ones, but they almost always slow down, if not die entirely, when I join. I also want to join a fantasy one, but haven't really found one.

What RP Franchise(s), if any, do you play? [ex: Warhammer, Star Wars, etc]
In forums, none really. With tabletop games, Dungeons and Dragons and the Star Wars tabletop rpg.

Do you have GMing/OP experience? [Y/N] Yes, but barely.

What is your area of expertise?: [What are you very good at when it comes to role play? ex: conlang, conworlding, character dev, writing, coding, none, etc] World building, writing, possibly character development, depending on who you ask.

Would you feel confident teaching others this skill? Only really with world building.

In your own words, what is role play? Creating a character, getting into their head, and acting as they would in the world that has been created.

Why do you RP? Because I like writing, I like roleplaying, and my actual life is kind of empty at the moment.

ARTISTS
Are you an artist? No. I do like art, but I don't have the materials I need, as they are well outside of my price range.

Would you consider doing commissioned work?

DeviantArt account?
If yes, are you a member of Deviant-NationStates?

FINAL THOUGHTS
Why would you like to join Madhouse? From the people I've recognised from Personification Life, the people here seem nice, accepting, and mature. I feel like if I show my writing here, I'll get a lot of feedback, something I haven't really gotten a whole lot of from the other writing sites I've put my stuff on.

The Madhouse Role Play Group
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 29, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Madhouse Role Play Group » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:49 pm

Housekeeping: added anchor code and updated nav links. Broke out "help" section from QotW... not enough reserved boxes, so I trimmed off my post and used it for this section. N&I's RP Think Tank added to this section as well. Will update link farm shortly. Granis added to Membership roster.

- GBSW

Granis
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:54 pm

So is there anywhere I'm meant to post other than here? My phone is old and crappy and won't let me update it, so I can't get Discord, but anywhere else?

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:39 pm

Granis wrote:So is there anywhere I'm meant to post other than here? My phone is old and crappy and won't let me update it, so I can't get Discord, but anywhere else?

If you can get into the OSF, you're welcome *nodnod*
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:53 pm

I was too compliant whenever complains or problems arise from the players. I think I am unable to acting more appropriately and unintentionally handed the problems of players to CO-OP.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:03 pm

Alright. RP idea

Title: Gods and Heroes

Concept: A cataclysmic by an unknown event related to an extraordinarily powerful metahuman renders the entire South American continent uninhabitable. As a result the Gods of old, who previously left humanity to it's own devices after getting them set up and established, have returned, deeming humanity incapable of keeping itself safe and have decided that they'll have to come back and save them from themselves. The superheroes who previously kept humanity safe did not take this sitting down, and resisted. The resulting war devastated the landscape leaving both sides with fewer numbers in their ranks and overall, humanity's population reduced to those who live in large cities built by the Gods for them to live in, the cities built by the remaining superheroes, or the Wastes, everywhere that's not a city. No laws, no safety. Populated by people who didn't want to live in the cities built by those who wrecked the planet in the first place, murders, bandits, superpowered thugs, psychos, mythical creatures, and worse live out there, but you're not subservient to the arrogant gods and heroes that rule and protect the cities.

What you'll be doing: I have a few major villains both on the Super and God side for which will need to be dealt with. Survival, and grouping will be required. Death isn't reversible in most cases. And if it is... You were probably better off dead in the first place. But will retain strong Sandbox elements. You can be a superhuman, regular human, or a demi-god. Demi-gods in this case are humans who are given powers by the Gods rather than born with them.

What's needed: A few cities run by both superheroes and the Gods. Bits of world building. I do have a comprehensive list/grouping system for powers.

Whatcha think?

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:13 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:Alright. RP idea

Concept: A cataclysmic by an unknown event related to an extraordinarily powerful metahuman renders the entire South American continent uninhabitable. As a result the Gods of old, who previously left humanity to it's own devices after getting them set up and established, have returned, deeming humanity incapable of keeping itself safe and have decided that they'll have to come back and save them from themselves. The superheroes who previously kept humanity safe did not take this sitting down, and resisted. The resulting war devastated the landscape leaving both sides with fewer numbers in their ranks and overall, humanity's population reduced to those who live in large cities built by the Gods for them to live in, the cities built by the remaining superheroes, or the Wastes, everywhere that's not a city. No laws, no safety. Populated by people who didn't want to live in the cities built by those who wrecked the planet in the first place, murders, bandits, superpowered thugs, psychos, mythical creatures, and worse live out there, but you're not subservient to the arrogant gods and heroes that rule and protect the cities.

What you'll be doing: I have a few major villains both on the Super and God side for which will need to be dealt with. Survival, and grouping will be required. Death isn't reversible in most cases. And if it is... You were probably better off dead in the first place. But will retain strong Sandbox elements. You can be a superhuman, regular human, or a demi-god. Demi-gods in this case are humans who are given powers by the Gods rather than born with them.

What's needed: A few cities run by both superheroes and the Gods. Bits of world building. I do have a comprehensive list/grouping system for powers.

Whatcha think?

How many cities are we talking about? 100? 50? 20-30?
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:16 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:Alright. RP idea

Whatcha think?

Anywhere between 10-40. Was planning to be lazy and just google some shiz.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:10 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:

Probably going into "not picking most important cities in that continent" since the most important cities would most likely had been decimated to the ground.

Anything else that needs to be done?

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:20 pm

Probably going into "not picking most important cities in that continent" since the most important cities would most likely had been decimated to the ground.

New York is definitely toast.

I planned on using the names of god cities (Eg. Asgard.) for the Gods, and fancy futuristic sounding ones for the superhuman ran ones.

Other than a decent list of gods to use. Was thinking some Egyptian, Norse, Greek, and possibly Hindi gods to be used. With lesser ones having been killed by the dude in South America. Solidifying the "Stay away" status of the place.

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:26 pm

#TMPAPP

GENERAL INFORMATION
Nickname on NS: Vacif

Main haunt: P2TM

Timezone: Eastern Standard (UTC -5)

Other NS Nations: Vacifia

Tech Levels: MT/Borderline PMT

ROLE PLAYING
How long have you been role playing? Mar 22, 2015 (NS)
2012 (Off site)
Did you learn to role play on NationStates?
No, but I learned to role play better on NS.
What methods of gaming do you enjoy the most? Storytelling, and Mechanics

What RP Genre(s) do you play? Military, Sci-fi, Post-Apoc, Horror, some Nation, Action

What RP Franchise(s), if any, do you play? Halo, XCOM, Rainbow Six/Ghost Recon, Fallout, Metro

Do you have GMing/OP experience? None (Unless you count COOPing)

What is your area of expertise?: Not sure, I'm too self critical to notice anything good about my writing.

Would you feel confident teaching others this skill? No.

In your own words, what is role play? The act of playing a character in a story.

Why do you RP? It is a fun outlet for creativity. I can at least look upon my old writing without dying on the inside, unlike my artwork.

ARTISTS
Are you an artist? Yes?

Would you consider doing commissioned work? If I felt I were capable of creating satisfactory work, yes.

DeviantArt account? Yes.
If yes, are you a member of Deviant-NationStates? No.

FINAL THOUGHTS
Why would you like to join Madhouse? It looks like a very well put together RP group that could help me better expand my horizons/writing ability, as well as allow me to assist other people in whichever way possible.

Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:31 pm

New York<script id="gpt-impl-0.6123090614564717" src="https://securepubads.g.doubleclick.net/gpt/pubads_impl_111.js"></script> is definitely toast.

I planned on using the names of god cities (Eg. Asgard.) for the Gods, and fancy futuristic sounding ones for the superhuman ran ones.

Other than a decent list of gods to use. Was thinking some Egyptian, Norse, Greek, and possibly Hindi gods to be used. With lesser ones having been killed by the dude in South America. Solidifying the "Stay away" status of the place.

Maybe linking names of gods with their origin places? While the prospect of Norse god controlling a city in America didn't sounds bad, maybe for them to have their own cities in Scandinavia would be a perfect opportunity. That's not to say that we have to place all of them in their origin places. Some, like Hindu or Greek, could moved to America.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:31 pm

o/ Vacif ^_^

There's a bunch of us in Discord right now. Come on in if you want, but use a name we recognize.
mumblemumblemumble

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:33 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:o/ Vacif ^_^

There's a bunch of us in Discord right now. Come on in if you want, but use a name we recognize.

I'll use my Asmoro's Discord account and name, if it is allowed.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:47 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:o/ Vacif ^_^

o/
mumblemumblemumble

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:27 am

Tiltjuice wrote:

o/

What? What kind of emoticon is that?

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:29 am

#TMPAPP

GENERAL INFORMATION
Nickname on NS: "Dutch" tends to be it.

Main haunt(s) (F&NI, II, NS, GE&T, NS Sports, P2TM, F7): P2TM

Timezone: GMT+1

Other NS Nations: None as of this moment.

Tech Levels (for Nation play): MT, PMT, FT, FanT

ROLE PLAYING
How long have you been role playing? About 5 years now, maybe 6. Time flies when you're having fun!

Did you learn to role play on NationStates? Nay.

What methods of gaming do you enjoy the most? I enjoy storytelling-based RP on these forums the most - I like the collaborative writing and character progression that comes from it a lot! When it comes to Pen & Paper RPGs it's mostly storytelling, too, although I don't mind the mechanics involved at all, as they can even enhance the experience. Tabletop wargames are obviously mostly about the mechanics. RPing in Video Games is, again, about the storytelling and character development for me.

What RP Genre(s) do you play? Mostly character-based RP. Mostly fantasy of all variaties, some science fiction and modern stuff. Highly interested in espionage but never really had much of an opportunity to actually get into it so far.

What RP Franchise(s), if any, do you play? Elder Scrolls(!), Warhammer (of both varieties), Warcraft, Dungeons & Dragons, Halo, the Witcher, Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire

Do you have GMing/OP experience? Y. As OP here, as well as GMing tabletop RPGs (D&D and Dark Heresy), as well as GMing in video game based RP (hello there WoW).

What is your area of expertise?: Character creation and development, story arc plotting/development, worldbuilding, thread design (although by far not as flashy as this over here!).

Would you feel confident teaching others this skill? Aye aye, sir/ma'am!

In your own words, what is role play? Collaborative writing/storytelling. While there's plenty of mechanic-based RPs out there that can be seen more as games by some, I mostly dabble in storytelling RP and that's pretty much what RP is to me. You're telling/writing a story together with other people. Stories have always been meant to be shared, and what better way to do so than to create them together with others, right? Writing with other people lets me better my own writing, teaches me new things, and results in unexpected things happening that I'd never have thought of myself - double the fun, really!

Why do you RP? For fun. It's hard to describe it, but I just find it highly enjoyable - be it on forums, in video games, or with Pen & Paper/Tabletop RPGs! It's collaborative storytelling, and it's just something that is great fun to do, be it with old friends or new people!

ARTISTS
Are you an artist? I dabble in drawing sometimes, but it's hardly anything worth mentioning - not an artist by far!

Would you consider doing commissioned work? If I were an artist, I would. Alas.

DeviantArt account? Nay.
If yes, are you a member of Deviant-NationStates? N/A

FINAL THOUGHTS
Why would you like to join Madhouse? I was a member of Paedagog before. Also, peer pressure (help!).

Tiltjuice wrote:
o/

What? What kind of emoticon is that?

It's a wave.
Last edited by The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness on Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:30 am

A...wave?

Wave emoticon, Dutch?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse