NATION

PASSWORD

Cat Patrol (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:55 am

Operation Start

"Right! Pip pip, everyone! Let's load in and move out.", The Sergeant called. Squads were shuffled in, the trucks loaded and hunkered down. The gear loaded into the trucks was neatly stacked in the back, and the interiors were more spacious than one would think. The vehicles themselves sputtered to life, and once the proper paperwork was finished and courtesies given, they were off.

The transports moved off quickly. The small little base became smaller and smaller, until it dipped below the horizon had swallowed it up...it would be a while before they met their destinations...

When the transport began to slow down, the sun was going down. Long shadows began to crawl along the ground, as a soft breeze blew down the side of the dunes. They had indeed hit a long ridgeline, and just beyond was where they would be attacking...

The transports stopped before they would be close enough to be heard, a ways before the top of the ridge itself. Squad Apples faced to the left - west - and Squad Baker to the right - East.

Squad Apples

"Oh, isn't the sunset pretty?", Asked Wellington. She was a bit more relaxed than she had been earlier. She had seemed deep in thought for some time during the trip, though never unaware or tired. She was a bundle of energy, after all. Beside her, Sergeant Lancaster was tracing a finger across a map, humming. "Alright then", She started. "I believe the Private's plan was to send a two-person team ahead, right? Once our point is ready for attack, we pounce on them. Simple and sweet!", She said. "I'd like to see the looks on their faces, anyways. Fortunately those outposts are smaller and easy to attack, it's just the sentry one needs to worry about, signaling back to base. Anyways, we'll have to disembark regardless, right?"

She looked at the rest of the squad. "Private El-Malik and a partner should go ahead, and the rest of us will move on foot to a position along the ridge to their side. There's some hills further west that we should be able to make it to and not be seen. We'll meet back up in the outpost, right?"

Squad Baker

Margot didn't like this...she didn't know what the Sergeant would say...

"Sergeant.", She piped up, "The ground ahead of our side of the ridge? Between the village and the ruins at our destination, the ground itself is rockier, and should have dips and hills which would give us cover if we moved on foot. Everything to the east of those ruins is more of less flat desert, and while there's a larger hill to the west of it, it can be seen from the village in the middle as well, and while they probably don't actively patrol or watch it, it's a bit riskier of a move."

She spoke with composure, though the slightest turn of her face would indicate that she was nervous. "I'd recommend moving through the ground before the enemy outpost, using the rocks and cover there to sneak up on them. It will leave us very close to the ruins. The hills would give us overwatch, but would be difficult to traverse, and hard to maintain our cover, and the open ground to the east would be suicide if they have field guns or vehicles of their own."
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:10 am

Corporal-chef Maria Le-Vif

With the sun going down with each passing kilometer, normal people would find themselves having a harder time to try and write or draw anything. Add that they were using military transports, and nobody should have been capable of doing either of the tasks without plenty of mistake at stake. However, with a flashlight attached to her helmet, and her unorthodox way of sitting as to let the swaying of the vehicle actually help with her work, Maria was nailing it. As it was, she drew the people around her sitting down, detailing their mixed expression without missing any detail.

The girl's rifle was particularly rugged in design. It was straight-pull, but reliable enough to fire after being dumped in mud or dirt, and was significantly modified with an accurized barrel and telescopic sights. Back in Aurex she would have been posted along with a squad of riflemen that had the same weapon, however unmodified. Also to note were the goggles she was given, currently hanging around her neck. They were something she rarely used, though possibly could help her when aiming her rifle or sketching a piece in the middle of a sandstorm.

At last they arrived, and the girl set her book back into the sack, unable to find any noteworthy views to print.

Torsiedelle wrote:Squad Baker

Margot didn't like this...she didn't know what the Sergeant would say...

"Sergeant.", She piped up, "The ground ahead of our side of the ridge? Between the village and the ruins at our destination, the ground itself is rockier, and should have dips and hills which would give us cover if we moved on foot. Everything to the east of those ruins is more of less flat desert, and while there's a larger hill to the west of it, it can be seen from the village in the middle as well, and while they probably don't actively patrol or watch it, it's a bit riskier of a move."

She spoke with composure, though the slightest turn of her face would indicate that she was nervous. "I'd recommend moving through the ground before the enemy outpost, using the rocks and cover there to sneak up on them. It will leave us very close to the ruins. The hills would give us overwatch, but would be difficult to traverse, and hard to maintain our cover, and the open ground to the east would be suicide if they have field guns or vehicles of their own."

"If I may," Maria raised her hand, "Sergeant, I can make the climb up the hill should you require the added visage." She did not add that she was trying to hunt for a place that'd give her a bird's eye view of the area, possibly opening new opportunities for a masterpiece.
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING
Check out my Deviantart for shit drawings!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Holy Messenger of Imperialjapanism and Twin Sibling of Shyluz
Shyluz wrote:The second 'tanks' was said, it was all over.

Gensokyu wrote:So that happened.

They say that in the great wars of NS Summer, there was one who did not fight with blood, but with iron. They named this one the Master of Tanks, and the thunderous sound of cannon and the rattling of machine guns could be heard far and wide, the crossroads before the capital of CotM being defended by this valiant one until it stood alone. Shitposters layed in droves, and entire army having been slain by the might of Sonitusia, Master of Tanks, Commandant of Iron, and Slinger of Shells.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:40 am

PFC Fyodor Polzin
Squad "Apples", approaching the Ostri "Holding", North Erimos
Roughly 1834hrs, local time
The massive rucksack of supplies and ammunition spun around silently to face the rest of the group. "I will assist Private Maleek." The Oskii stated flatly, his ash-grey eyes glinting slightly in the darkness. In his lap lay a copy of the map from the briefing room, now scrawled with all sorts of labeling in Oskii, circles and arrows, which mirrored Polzin's thoughts throughout the venture. His greatest concern (if the large repeated circles and "?!" meant anything) would be the area around point "B". On one hand, there was the railroad, and small, crude stick figures in helmets abroad it, indicating patrols. To the immediate north would be a drawn in extention of the railroad with a question mark next to it, along with an equal sign for more patrols. After all, any railroad can be cut, and supplies should always be guarded. Another notable mark would be a childish "explosion" mark near the north of the mesa. Perhaps an attack, skirmish, or bomb planting?

Whatever it was, he folded it up and stuffed it in his front jacket and got up. "I have experience in these sort of operations, and am well equipped." he shrugged his rucksack for emphasis and nodded at Malik. "Shall we?"
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:37 pm

Moritz Jahn

Why was he even here again?

Moritz yawned and leaned back, trying to see just how far he could stretch his feet to the other side of the truck. The others had seemed so intent on using him for information, and yet here he was, not a single spilled bean uttered yet, and they were already headed out to attack the ruins. He looked down at the crude map and sighed. Oh, right, that was the extent of the information he'd given them, enough to draw the shittiest map he'd ever seen in his life. He almost couldn't even tell it was supposed to be the same area he'd described.

And then the dim-witted Oskii went and volunteered to go with the girl from the briefing, El-Malik, the only one who seemed to be taking the operation seriously.

Moritz hadn't even cared to remember their names. His leather boots made a soft thud on the dirt road as he leaped from the back of the truck.

"Pfff, they're going to hear you from a kilometer away with all that crap."

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:01 am

Nancy Finch

The sun was going down, and the spectacled girl watched the other truck go off in a different direction. Now that twilight was upon them, the real fun can. Desert warfare can be difficult if one wasn't as used to the cold as much as to the heat, but Nancy can handle it like any fine soldier. That was pretty much what she was trained for, though it felt a bit underwhelming that she was gonna be part of a squad full of dimwits going on an infiltration of the enemy. Let's be honest, they were all dimwits.

Holding her rifle close to her, she got off the vehicle and waited for the rest of the squad to follow suit. As Nancy checked to see if her binoculars were working, she overheard the Ostri complain about the noise. Turning 'round to face him she retorted, "They're going to really hear you if you stop whining. Come on." Then she rejoined the rest of her squadmates and began moving to the next designated point. Hopefully that guy wasn't going to chicken out or slip away, lest a bullet would be planted right between his eyes by the Sergeant.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:30 am

Squad Apples,
Lancaster & Wellington

"Looks like the Oski is with the private.", Said the Sergeant, grabbing her gear and hopping out. She stepped past Moritz, and deadpanning, told him "We could always put you with them...as a meatshield."

Behind her, the Corporal grabbed her rifle and shuffled out as well. "We'd need you for info on the mine to the north, and any important intel we come across.", She told him. She felt the sand sink around her boots, and took her place up ahead, by the girl with glasses, while the sergeant moved up to the front.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Minroz
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Minroz » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:38 am

???, North Erimos

Somewhere in the desert, a lone figure dressed in the Berber outfit, happened to be watching the squad from afar. Like a hunter, this ‘Berber’ was stalking them for a while.

Eventually the stranger sneaked up and went ahead in front of them. Before Squad Apples react, the Berber holds up her hand.

“Peace. I’m not your enemy.” She finally spoke, not sounding hostile or friendly.

Unfolding the mask, revealing a young-looking woman of Middle-Eastern heritage, she didn’t leave her gaze at the squad.

“My name is Ameera Al-Hashim.” She introduced herself, laced with her native accent. “Former soldier of the Aurexi Colonial Army, I am assigned to your squad for the duration of mission. My specialty is that of sniper and demolition. I have papers here as proof. If you will, may I know who is in charge of Squad Apples?”

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:24 am

[quote="Danceria";p="31375806"]PFC Fyodor Polzin
Squad "Apples", North Erimos
Roughly 1900hrs, local time
The Oskii private smiled at his recent support from the sergeant, before the lone Erimosi woman presented herself before the car. "I was wondering if I needed to shoot you or not." Polzin remarked casually as he released his grip from his sidearm. "But I do not think you are sniper. For one thing, sniper does not face people one on one. That is idiot meatshield's job." He glared at her as he glared into her eyes, discerning what her intent was "Present your papers then, and place your hands behind your head. If you come alone and are friend, then you have no need to fear."

He glanced briefly at El-Malik and his CO, they were the ones the newcomer needed to convince. As for him, he didn't trust her as far as Moritz could toss the rucksack he was carrying. Now, the plan started to get interesting...
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse