NATION

PASSWORD

Game of Thrones: A Song of Ice & Fire [OOC] -Concluded-

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Next in the Series

Poll ended at Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:36 pm

A Dream of Spring (Sequel to my A Feast For Crows RP set after the invasion of the Others about hundred years later, 401 AL)
41%
A Rite of Conquest (Set prior to Aegon's Invasion of Westeros. 2 BC)
23%
The Winds of Winter (Sequel to my A Feast for Crows RP set during the invasion of the Others, 301 AL.)
36%

Total votes : 22

Kulonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kulonia » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:22 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:
Kulonia wrote:I used the Wiki of Ice and Fire's Lannister shield and Lion and used paint.net for the green and blue stripes.

This one? http://www.getpaint.net/index.html

I was trying to find a site to make a sigil for my custom house but the only good one I found has a bunch of mantling and banners that I don't want on it.

Yep, that's the one.
Had some cringy 2016 high school politics in this from 8th grade. Not what I want to be remembered for so heres an updated P&C list :)
Pro: Nationalism, Unity, Isolationism, Strong leadership, Huey Long and Longism
Anti: Racism, Corporations, Israel, Establishment politicians, FDR

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:25 pm

Kulonia wrote:
Warg the Immortal wrote:This one? http://www.getpaint.net/index.html

I was trying to find a site to make a sigil for my custom house but the only good one I found has a bunch of mantling and banners that I don't want on it.

Yep, that's the one.

Ah, dangit. I'm on mac. Thanks for the help though. :p
Keirsey Temperament: Mastermind/Architect (INTJ)
The Empire of Warg is a Class Z9 Nation
Emperor: Walker Alexander Ross Graves III
Crown Prince: Walker Alexander Ross Graves IV
Field Marshal: Valus Artyom Regulus Graves
Grandmaster of the Order of Algol: Booker Roland Oxley Graves
Pro: Libertarianism, LGBT, Abortion, Religious Freedom, Refugee Aid
Anti: Conservatism, Totalitarianism, SWERFs/TERFs, Theocracies
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

Collectivism score: 17%
Authoritarianism score: 17%
Internationalism score: 33%
Tribalism score: -67%
Liberalism score: 83%

Threat Level: ALPHA, BETA, GAMMA, DELTA, EPSILON

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:25 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:House Name: Brude
House Sigil:
House Words: We Shall Bide
Allegiance Paid to: Stark's of Witnerfell
House Seat: Lake's Bane
Lake's Bane
Lake's Bane Location
Approx Number of military at command: 1000 Foot, 100 Horse
History of the House (At least two well written paragraphs please):
[spoiler=History]House Brude is a clan from the Northern Mountains, and in ancient history reigned over the Northern Mountain Clans as the Kings of Snow and Frost, before being subjugated by the Stark Kings of Winter. The head of their clan is known as "the Brude". The Brude Clan harbors a deep resentment for House Stark and House Bolton, due to an even in 81 AC known as "the Massacre at Lake's Bane", where Bolton forces assaulted the Brude clan's ancestral home in retaliation for Addam Brude (known as "the Lover") eloping with Aemma, the daughter of Lord Bolton. The Bolton's massacred three generations of Brude clansmen, leaving only the young Robert Brude (later known as "the Lion of the North") alive. Robert spent thirteen years as an exile and a ward of House Payne.

94 AC: The Starks did not stop him from his quest, as they did not wish to cause tension with the Lannisters, and it helped to weaken their rivals, the Boltons.

Okay, Robert looks good. I'm cool with him, however I have concerns with the history of this house.

1. You say that they hate House Stark. Why? It does not make sense why the Starks would not stop the Boltons from doing what they did. The Starks would of either punished the Boltons severely or reprimanded the Brudes.
2. Tying back to the Starks, why would the Starks not stop the Brudes? They don't hate the Boltons, there hasn't been any known feuds between them since the end of the Red Kings. Also, they wouldn't care about causing tensions with the Lannisters, if the Lannisters attacked they have Moat Calilin and they could send a raven to the King asking for intervention.
Upon returning to Lake's Bane, Robert discovered that his family and been flayed and their skins hung in the great hall. This enraged him greatly, and he vowed that his descendants would one day have revenge on both the Starks and the Boltons. Robert proceeded to change his House words to "We Shall Bide". Robert had his clansmen's skins used as upholstery for what has since become known as The Throne of Anguish, upon which the Lords of House Brude sit.

3. The Starks would of definitely punished the Boltons for the flaying. Flaying has been outlawed since the Red Kings bent the knee. Also, a throne made of skin? The Starks would of definitely got rid of that.

Also Warg, I can make your sigil. Just send what you want.
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:38 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:
Warg the Immortal wrote:House Name: Brude
House Sigil:
House Words: We Shall Bide
Allegiance Paid to: Stark's of Witnerfell
House Seat: Lake's Bane
Lake's Bane
Lake's Bane Location
Approx Number of military at command: 1000 Foot, 100 Horse
History of the House (At least two well written paragraphs please):
[spoiler=History]House Brude is a clan from the Northern Mountains, and in ancient history reigned over the Northern Mountain Clans as the Kings of Snow and Frost, before being subjugated by the Stark Kings of Winter. The head of their clan is known as "the Brude". The Brude Clan harbors a deep resentment for House Stark and House Bolton, due to an even in 81 AC known as "the Massacre at Lake's Bane", where Bolton forces assaulted the Brude clan's ancestral home in retaliation for Addam Brude (known as "the Lover") eloping with Aemma, the daughter of Lord Bolton. The Bolton's massacred three generations of Brude clansmen, leaving only the young Robert Brude (later known as "the Lion of the North") alive. Robert spent thirteen years as an exile and a ward of House Payne.

94 AC: The Starks did not stop him from his quest, as they did not wish to cause tension with the Lannisters, and it helped to weaken their rivals, the Boltons.

Okay, Robert looks good. I'm cool with him, however I have concerns with the history of this house.

1. You say that they hate House Stark. Why? It does not make sense why the Starks would not stop the Boltons from doing what they did. The Starks would of either punished the Boltons severely or reprimanded the Brudes.
2. Tying back to the Starks, why would the Starks not stop the Brudes? They don't hate the Boltons, there hasn't been any known feuds between them since the end of the Red Kings. Also, they wouldn't care about causing tensions with the Lannisters, if the Lannisters attacked they have Moat Calilin and they could send a raven to the King asking for intervention.
Upon returning to Lake's Bane, Robert discovered that his family and been flayed and their skins hung in the great hall. This enraged him greatly, and he vowed that his descendants would one day have revenge on both the Starks and the Boltons. Robert proceeded to change his House words to "We Shall Bide". Robert had his clansmen's skins used as upholstery for what has since become known as The Throne of Anguish, upon which the Lords of House Brude sit.

3. The Starks would of definitely punished the Boltons for the flaying. Flaying has been outlawed since the Red Kings bent the knee. Also, a throne made of skin? The Starks would of definitely got rid of that.

Also Warg, I can make your sigil. Just send what you want.

1. I was trying to make a house that could be inimical to both Boltons and Starks. I thought the Starks would abstain from getting involved since it involved the daughter of Lord Bolton and they might've seen it as a petty skirmish between two vassals.
2. Idk, the wiki said they were bitter rivals since the Long Night. I thought it'd be like a longstanding rivalry, like Burgundy and France. Re-reading it, I agree the "lannister ire" thing is dumb so I'll remove it.
3. The way I imagined it was that Robert didn't tell the Starks about the flaying and just kept the skins as like a reminder of anger. Also, I think it mentioned that there were rumours of the Boltons continuing their flaying traditions in spite of laws. I'll concede the chair to be pretty stupid so I'll remove it.

EDIT: That'd be really cool of you to make my sigil. I was wanting the Lannister sigil essentially, but blue lion on white. Thanks :)

EDIT 2: Its also possible the Starks were busy during the time of the massacre since that was near the time that the New Gift would've been given by Jaehaerys, so Ellard might no have cared about a squabble between two vassals
Last edited by Warg the Immortal on Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

Kulonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kulonia » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:38 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:
Kulonia wrote:Yep, that's the one.

Ah, dangit. I'm on mac. Thanks for the help though. :p

No problem :)
Had some cringy 2016 high school politics in this from 8th grade. Not what I want to be remembered for so heres an updated P&C list :)

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:49 pm

Kulonia wrote:
Warg the Immortal wrote:@Kulonia, How did you make the sigil for house Branwell? Was it a site?

I used the Wiki of Ice and Fire's Lannister shield and Lion and used paint.net for the green and blue stripes.

That explains why it looks horrible. I'll make both Warg's and yours.

Kulonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kulonia » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:10 pm

Kulonia wrote:I used the Wiki of Ice and Fire's Lannister shield and Lion and used paint.net for the green and blue stripes.

That explains why it looks horrible. I'll make both Warg's and yours.

I put it together in like, 5 minutes, ahahah. Thanks. :P

NewLakotah
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:36 pm

Sigils completed.

Am I accepted, or no?
"How smooth must be the language of the whites, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right." ~~ Black Hawk, Sauk

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." ~~ Tecumseh

Free Leonard Peltier!!

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:38 pm

NewLakotah wrote:

Sigils completed.

Am I accepted, or no?

Yes, you are accepted. I'll update the roster.

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:38 pm

Would a character from Yi Ti like this guy be acceptable https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zheng_He
My plan would be that he kinda went rouge during his expedition is setting up operations in the step stones as a pirate along with the ships that willingly joined with him.
Last edited by Rygondria on Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:43 pm

NewLakotah wrote:Am I accepted, or no?

Yes, you are accepted. I'll update the roster.

Awesome, thanks :)

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:46 pm

Rygondria wrote:Would a character from Yi Ti like this guy be acceptable https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zheng_He
My plan would be that he kinda went rouge during his expedition is setting up operations in the step stones as a pirate along with the ships that willingly joined with him.

If he's in the stepstones I couldn't really see him getting a lot of Interaction. Also, if he's from Yi Ti why would he go so far west for piracy?

Rygondria
Negotiator

Postby Rygondria » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:49 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:
Rygondria wrote:Would a character from Yi Ti like this guy be acceptable https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zheng_He

If he's in the stepstones I couldn't really see him getting a lot of Interaction. Also, if he's from Yi Ti why would he go so far west for piracy?

Originally he was sent as a trade expedition to the lands of the west, he was instructed by the Emperor to return with favorable trade deals for the empire, but he decided to himself he would make much more money Plundering the trade routes of the Seven Kingdoms and the free cities rather than return to his homeland.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:49 pm

Due to the lack of knowledge on Yi Ti, I'm going to say no (This goes for any nations east of Valyria, minus Slaver's Bay and Qarth). We have no records on anyone from Yi Ti traveling outside the nation.

Basically this list

Rygondria
Negotiator

Postby Rygondria » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:51 pm

Due to the lack of knowledge on Yi Ti, I'm going to say no (This goes for any nations east of Valyria, minus Slaver's Bay and Qarth). We have no records on anyone from Yi Ti traveling outside the nation.

Basically this list

Ok then, what about a pirate from qarth then ?

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:16 pm

Rygondria wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:Due to the lack of knowledge on Yi Ti, I'm going to say no (This goes for any nations east of Valyria, minus Slaver's Bay and Qarth). We have no records on anyone from Yi Ti traveling outside the nation.

Basically this list

Ok then, what about a pirate from qarth then ?

Well, two things.

One, if you play as a Qartheen you need to realize what kind of culture you're going to be playing. Your character will be tall, pale and they pride themselves on their sophistication and consider weeping in times of strong emotion to be a mark of civilization.

Two, we are starting in a time of peace. Thus, if you decide to go raiding on Westeros expect a large attack especially when going after Crownlands, or Reach as they are the best for money. If you make yourself infamous enough the royal fleet could come for you, then you could kiss your ship good bye.

I just want to know why you're so set on this foreign pirate thing? Also, why would a Qartheen go outside of the east? We have no records of any Qartheens going west of Valyria. Another thing, like the others said by setting yourself in the Stepstones you are cutting your self off from a lot of interaction.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:34 pm

Rygondria
Negotiator

Postby Rygondria » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:35 pm

Rygondria wrote:Ok then, what about a pirate from qarth then ?

Well, two things.

One, if you play as a Qartheen you need to realize what kind of culture you're going to be playing. Your character will be tall, pale and they pride themselves on their sophistication and consider weeping in times of strong emotion to be a mark of civilization.

Two, we are starting in a time of peace. Thus, if you decide to go raiding on Westeros expect a large attack especially when going after Crownlands, or Reach as they are the best for money. If you make yourself infamous enough the royal fleet could come for you, then you could kiss your ship good bye.

I just want to know why you're so set on this foreign pirate thing? Also, why would a Qartheen go outside of the east? We have no records of any Qartheens going west of Valyria. Another thing, like the others said by setting yourself in the Stepstones you are cutting your self off from a lot of interaction.

The main reason for the foreign pirate thing is because i kinda like the idea of playing this mysterious pirate from the east that is making headway into the Stones.
But if that will not work would a robin hood like character in the style of a more game of thrones style be fine, skilled bandit leader and archer but robs from anyone who crosses his band's side of the wood. Colud make him a robber knight if need be.
Last edited by Rygondria on Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:49 pm

Rygondria wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:Well, two things.

The main reason for the foreign pirate thing is because i kinda like the idea of playing this mysterious pirate from the east that is making headway into the Stones.
But if that will not work would a robin hood like character in the style of a more game of thrones style be fine, skilled bandit leader and archer but robs from anyone who crosses his band's side of the wood. Colud make him a robber knight if need be.

The term you're looking for is Hedge Knight. Also I'd be fine with a Hedge Knight, but I need a good explanation for his skills.

Also, Warg the reason Brude isn't accepted is my backstory concerns haven't been corrected. Branwell is accepted, will add them.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:51 pm

Rygondria wrote:The main reason for the foreign pirate thing is because i kinda like the idea of playing this mysterious pirate from the east that is making headway into the Stones.

The term you're looking for is Hedge Knight. Also I'd be fine with a Hedge Knight, but I need a good explanation for his skills.

Also, Warg the reason Brude isn't accepted is my backstory concerns haven't been corrected. Branwell is accepted, will add them.

I put up a response to defend some things in the backstory, I also changed a few things.

Rygondria
Negotiator

Postby Rygondria » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:52 pm

Rygondria wrote:The main reason for the foreign pirate thing is because i kinda like the idea of playing this mysterious pirate from the east that is making headway into the Stones.

Alright then, time to rob from the rich and...Rob from the poor, septs, Etc. Then flee into the wood. Rinse and repeat until he dies or retires.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:56 pm

Rygondria wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:The term you're looking for is Hedge Knight. Also I'd be fine with a Hedge Knight, but I need a good explanation for his skills.

Alright then, time to rob from the rich and...Rob from the poor, septs, Etc. Then flee into the wood. Rinse and repeat until he dies or retires.

Yeah, be aware that if you're too much of a problem the Lords will send men to dispense you. Especially since we have someone playing the Mountain.

I'm still not understanding the hatred for the Starks. Like I get the Boltons, they butchered the family but just because the Starks didn't stop them is not something to hate them for over 200 hundred years.

I need either a better reason for the Stark hatred or a more recent reason. Until then, I can either accept it if you remove the Stark hatred or it remains on hiatus.

Rygondria
Negotiator

Postby Rygondria » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:59 pm

Rygondria wrote:Alright then, time to rob from the rich and...Rob from the poor, septs, Etc. Then flee into the wood. Rinse and repeat until he dies or retires.

Yeah, be aware that if you're too much of a problem the Lords will send men to dispense you. Especially since we have someone playing the Mountain.

I'm still not understanding the hatred for the Starks. Like I get the Boltons, they butchered the family but just because the Starks didn't stop them is not something to hate them for over 200 hundred years.

I need either a better reason for the Stark hatred or a more recent reason. Until then, I can either accept it if you remove the Stark hatred or it remains on hiatus.

So the Mountain Vs Robin hood/Hedge knight analouge. Any way do i need to make a app for a bandit group/band.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse