NATION

PASSWORD

Game of Thrones: A Song of Ice & Fire [OOC] -Concluded-

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Next in the Series

Poll ended at Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:36 pm

A Dream of Spring (Sequel to my A Feast For Crows RP set after the invasion of the Others about hundred years later, 401 AL)
41%
A Rite of Conquest (Set prior to Aegon's Invasion of Westeros. 2 BC)
23%
The Winds of Winter (Sequel to my A Feast for Crows RP set during the invasion of the Others, 301 AL.)
36%

Total votes : 22

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:38 pm

Utceforp wrote:
Blackledge wrote:Isn't that Stark land? Would there be a reason they'd give it up? Or would it be a fictional masterly house (like the Glovers and Tallharts)?

Where did you get that map? Half of the land marked as "Stark land" is ruled by the Glovers.

Could be referring to the Crusader Kings 2 mod which gives the Starks Sea Dragon Point and the Stoney Shore due to no houses that have been revealed to own it.

I assumed it was just split between Glover, Tallhart and Dustin. I think that's quite a lot of land for one house to have either way. I've stated in the rules that custom houses are allowed to be only minor lords (Houses under major houses like Reed, Manderly, Bolton, etc.) so that's a bit too much land for a minor lord.

Also I have decided to allow the players from Century to play the houses they had, since there's only about three returning players. (Eraus, Warg and Nux)
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ism
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ism » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:18 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:
Utceforp wrote:Where did you get that map? Half of the land marked as "Stark land" is ruled by the Glovers.

Could be referring to the Crusader Kings 2 mod which gives the Starks Sea Dragon Point and the Stoney Shore due to no houses that have been revealed to own it.

I assumed it was just split between Glover, Tallhart and Dustin. I think that's quite a lot of land for one house to have either way. I've stated in the rules that custom houses are allowed to be only minor lords (Houses under major houses like Reed, Manderly, Bolton, etc.) so that's a bit too much land for a minor lord.

Also I have decided to allow the players from Century to play the houses they had, since there's only about three returning players. (Eraus, Warg and Nux)

That bold bit is ambiguous. Are you saying that Reed, Manderly and Bolton are minor houses or that those are the houses under which custom houses may serve, meanng they cannot be direct vassals of LPs (or, as is the case for Rite, the kings of the heptarchy)?

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:33 pm

Ism wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:Could be referring to the Crusader Kings 2 mod which gives the Starks Sea Dragon Point and the Stoney Shore due to no houses that have been revealed to own it.

That bold bit is ambiguous. Are you saying that Reed, Manderly and Bolton are minor houses or that those are the houses under which custom houses may serve, meanng they cannot be direct vassals of LPs (or, as is the case for Rite, the kings of the heptarchy)?

They cannot be direct vassals of the King or Lord Paramount. Custom houses cannot be Major Houses such as Royce, Reed, Manderly, Dayne, Yronwood, etc.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:33 pm

Ism wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:Could be referring to the Crusader Kings 2 mod which gives the Starks Sea Dragon Point and the Stoney Shore due to no houses that have been revealed to own it.

They cannot be direct vassals of the King or Lord Paramount. Custom houses cannot be Major Houses such as Royce, Reed, Manderly, Dayne, Yronwood, etc.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:22 pm

Ism wrote:

Well technically they should still be able to be sworn directly to the lp, they just cant be powerful. The Cleganes, Baelishs and Northern Mountain Clans are sworn directly to their lords paramount but are nowhere near as powerful as other directly sworn houses, such as the Serretts, Royces and Glovers
Keirsey Temperament: Mastermind/Architect (INTJ)
The Empire of Warg is a Class Z9 Nation
Emperor: Walker Alexander Ross Graves III
Crown Prince: Walker Alexander Ross Graves IV
Field Marshal: Valus Artyom Regulus Graves
Grandmaster of the Order of Algol: Booker Roland Oxley Graves
Pro: Libertarianism, LGBT, Abortion, Religious Freedom, Refugee Aid
Anti: Conservatism, Totalitarianism, SWERFs/TERFs, Theocracies
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

Collectivism score: 17%
Authoritarianism score: 17%
Internationalism score: 33%
Tribalism score: -67%
Liberalism score: 83%

Threat Level: ALPHA, BETA, GAMMA, DELTA, EPSILON

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:11 am

Warg the Immortal wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:They cannot be direct vassals of the King or Lord Paramount. Custom houses cannot be Major Houses such as Royce, Reed, Manderly, Dayne, Yronwood, etc.

Well technically they should still be able to be sworn directly to the lp, they just cant be powerful. The Cleganes, Baelishs and Northern Mountain Clans are sworn directly to their lords paramount but are nowhere near as powerful as other directly sworn houses, such as the Serretts, Royces and Glovers

Yeah, this is what I meant. Thank you Warg, it's very late and I got home from work when I wrote that.

Jhet
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jhet » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:01 am

Technologically Westeros has evolved fairly similarly to our RL. The Conquest is basically Norman Invasion ft Dragons. Jaime even mentions the kite shields that were in use at the time. And it has been referenced heavily that all the myths and legends we know of today are the fusion of original tales plus new tales plus retelling by modern scholars/orators/singers. You know: knights when there were no sers, falcon knight of the vale being literally referenced as two or more tales common among two different nations (FM and Andals if I recall off-hand), the Seven Kingdoms when there were no Seven Kingdoms.

A very good RL example of the tales would be King Arthur and the knights of the Round Table. Another would be paintings. I think there is one of Joan of Arc where she is in her distinctive white plate armour, which has little evidence in favour of it. Or Jesus and Romans being garbed in gothic plate, armed with pikes and poleaxes and riding barbed horses bearing the heraldry of "current" noble sigils.

As for the population issue: why in the Seven Hells would Lannister and Tyrell muster an army that they couldn't feed to defeat an army which at their present muster was five times weaker? All they had to do was shatter the army, and Aegon was defeated (at least in their minds). Fifty-five thousand men, and all their camp support, is a ridiculously large host to be mustering. But if that doesn't sway you, just accept: there was a population surge in England between the conquest and the war of the roses (which had a setback with the plague) and therefore Westeros had a population surge.

Tallhart and Glover are masterly houses, T3. Therefore by technicality their land is "Stark", just as clegane's land is "Lannister". However the Stoney Shore/Dragons Point will have an unnamed lordship, perhaps the illustrious House Slate, who were once kings, once held White Harbour, and were part of Robb's army.

I was the Baratheons in the Pre-Conquest game, enjoying peace as my lord went from raids in dorne to brokering deals with his vassals to looking after his wards. All in the name of the Storm.

Blackledge
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 27, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Blackledge » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:23 am

Utceforp wrote:Where did you get that map? Half of the land marked as "Stark land" is ruled by the Glovers.

Found it. ;)
The Glovers are a masterly house (equivalent of northern knights) sworn to the Starks directly, they aren't power noble houses in their own right. Think the Webbers and Osreys being sworn to House Rowan. They're more like a couple baronies, military commanders for the Starks. Ned identifies them as such in AGOT.
Cattle die, kinsmen die, and so shall you die, too. But one thing I know that never dies: the fame of a dead man’s deeds.
A concise history of the Falklands War
The Commonwealth States of Blackledge
Factbook|Internal Matters|

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:05 am

I know that the CK2 mod gives the Starks Sea Dragon Point, the Slates the province directly south of that, and the Fishers the actual "stony shore" province directly south of that. That division is uncanonical as far as I can remember - We don't know where the Slates rule, only that they are Stark bannermen, and there's no indication either way whether or not the Fishers have survived since the time when they were kings who the Starks conquered. We simply don't know who rules that region.
Signatures are so 2014.

Blackledge
Ambassador

Postby Blackledge » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:55 am

Utceforp wrote:We simply don't know who rules that region.

Sea Dragon Point is adjacent to Deepwood Motte, and the Stony Shore is patrolled by Tallhart men. Reason would suggest they're watched over by the Glovers and Tallharts, so any minor houses in those areas would be sworn to Deepwood Motte or Torrhen's Square (and thus Winterfell).
Cattle die, kinsmen die, and so shall you die, too. But one thing I know that never dies: the fame of a dead man’s deeds.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:28 am

Blackledge wrote:
Utceforp wrote:We simply don't know who rules that region.

Sea Dragon Point is adjacent to Deepwood Motte, and the Stony Shore is patrolled by Tallhart men. Reason would suggest they're watched over by the Glovers and Tallharts, so any minor houses in those areas would be sworn to Deepwood Motte or Torrhen's Square (and thus Winterfell).

So North of the Barrows of House Dustin and South of the Wolfswood of House Glover lies the Rills which are ruled by House Ryswell primarily. We also hear mention of houses Ryder, Fisher and Glenmore in the area. House Slate rules the Stony shore and seadragon point is not stated to be under any speciifc rule
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Blackledge
Ambassador

Postby Blackledge » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:07 am

Ryder and Fisher are probably extinct, or reduced to petty lords. House Slate's seat is at Blackpool, not the Stony Shore. The only houses we see around it are the Tallharts. Sea Dragon Point is thinly populated, probably not productive enough of anything to merit more than a petty lord to keep an eye on it for the Glovers. It was the Starks who conquered it, so it's reasonable to assume it's under their banner and doled out to the care of a lesser noble to maintain it.
Last edited by Blackledge on Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:02 am

Jhet wrote:I was the Baratheons in the Pre-Conquest game, enjoying peace as my lord went from raids in dorne to brokering deals with his vassals to looking after his wards. All in the name of the Storm.

You're thinking of the Blackfyre Rebellion RP. You played House Gardener in Century of Blood.

Aelex
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aelex » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:05 pm

I'm wondering, is this R.P soon to finish?
Just to know whether it's best to wait for the next one to apply to join.
Citoyen Français. Bonapartiste Républicain (aka De Gaule's Gaullisme) with Keynesian leanings on economics. Latin Christian.

Sil Arion
Ambassador

Founded: May 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sil Arion » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:26 pm

Aelex wrote:I'm wondering, is this R.P soon to finish?
Just to know whether it's best to wait for the next one to apply to join.

The RP is sorta finished. The thread's being used to discuss the one Valyria is beginning soon, a Rite of Conquest. It's set in Westeros concurrent to Aegon's invasion. Here be dragons!

On that note, definitely looking forward to playing in that time period. Still wondering about a few things though.

Valyria, any verdict on pre-Aegon population levels? Or in terms of treasury and military numbers?
Aiya! Elen síla lúmenn omentielvo! Call me Sil!

Aelex
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aelex » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:07 pm

Oho, sweet! Could I reserve the Triarch Horonno already?
Citoyen Français. Bonapartiste Républicain (aka De Gaule's Gaullisme) with Keynesian leanings on economics. Latin Christian.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:15 pm

I was wondering if I could do those Targaryen younger sibling that I had the last time around, failing that. House Velaryon would be my second choice.
Last edited by Nuxipal on Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:25 pm

Nuxipal wrote:I was wondering if I could do those Targaryen younger sibling that I had the last time around, failing that. House Velaryon would be my second choice.

Val already said that you, myself, jhet and eraus had first dibs on our previous roles from the century of blood rp
Last edited by Warg the Immortal on Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:01 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:I was wondering if I could do those Targaryen younger sibling that I had the last time around, failing that. House Velaryon would be my second choice.

Val already said that you, myself, jhet and eraus had first dibs on our previous roles from the century of blood rp

Can you tell us what those roles are so if the one I want is taken I can plan a backup?

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:23 pm

Dentali wrote:
Warg the Immortal wrote:Val already said that you, myself, jhet and eraus had first dibs on our previous roles from the century of blood rp

Can you tell us what those roles are so if the one I want is taken I can plan a backup?

Warg: House Velaryon
Nux: Rhaenys and Naerys* Targaryen
Jhet: House Gardener
Eraus: House Stark

*Custom character

Blackledge
Ambassador

Postby Blackledge » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:31 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:

Did Val say Jhet had dibs too?

I was hoping for a chance at being a Gardener.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:38 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Warg: House Velaryon
Nux: Rhaenys and Naerys* Targaryen
Jhet: House Gardener
Eraus: House Stark

*Custom character

God dammit, I want to play Stark so badly. Maybe ill take the Stormlands or Vale...

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:07 pm

Blackledge wrote:
Warg the Immortal wrote:Val already said that you, myself, jhet and eraus had first dibs on our previous roles from the century of blood rp

He said all previous players, but left him out of the list. I think because during the CoB RP Jhet was a different nation, so Val forgot to list him when looking over the previous roster
Last edited by Warg the Immortal on Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:13 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:
Blackledge wrote:

He said all previous players, but left him out of the list. I think because during the CoB RP Jhet was a different nation, so Val forgot to list him when looking over the previous roster

I refered to Agru. I still call him by his first nation. I corrected him on his statement when he said he played the Stormlands (He played the Stormlands in the Blackfyre RP)

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:16 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:He said all previous players, but left him out of the list. I think because during the CoB RP Jhet was a different nation, so Val forgot to list him when looking over the previous roster

I refered to Agru. I still call him by his first nation. I corrected him on his statement when he said he played the Stormlands (He played the Stormlands in the Blackfyre RP)

I think Black was referring to the comment at the top where you said there were only three returning players and listed Nux, Eraus and myself
The Valyria Empire wrote:Also I have decided to allow the players from Century to play the houses they had, since there's only about three returning players. (Eraus, Warg and Nux)
Last edited by Warg the Immortal on Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse