NATION

PASSWORD

Game of Thrones: A Song of Ice & Fire [OOC] -Concluded-

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Next in the Series

Poll ended at Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:36 pm

A Dream of Spring (Sequel to my A Feast For Crows RP set after the invasion of the Others about hundred years later, 401 AL)
41%
A Rite of Conquest (Set prior to Aegon's Invasion of Westeros. 2 BC)
23%
The Winds of Winter (Sequel to my A Feast for Crows RP set during the invasion of the Others, 301 AL.)
36%

Total votes : 22

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:27 pm

Dentali wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:This RP just ended. I have a poll to vote for the next RP, so feel free to vote.

I call the stark family!

Reservations will go up when the RP is up. Also if you play the Starks you'll have to follow the history I set up for them as I played them in Feast.

All major players who were in Feast I will be asking what they believe their house did in the 100 years, and during the War for the Dawn.

Edit: Oh shit, Winds of Winter has just passed A Dream of Spring.
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:58 pm

For the next RP, would it be alright to create a new Northern house that controls the Stony Shore? From what I understand House Fisher ruled there as kings in the Age of Heroes but there's been no indication that they still do so as Stark vassals.
Signatures are so 2014.

Eraus
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eraus » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:06 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:
Dentali wrote:

I call the stark family!

Reservations will go up when the RP is up. Also if you play the Starks you'll have to follow the history I set up for them as I played them in Feast.

All major players who were in Feast I will be asking what they believe their house did in the 100 years, and during the War for the Dawn.

Hey Question,

We can play as our former custom houses right? Like their history transfer over to what we'll be doing next right? Cause if so I'd love to take up the Blacken mantle again
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.56
Pro: Islam,USA, US Military, Capitalism, Freedom,Democratic Party
Against: ISIS, Trump, Far Right Conservatives

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:25 pm

Eraus wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:Reservations will go up when the RP is up. Also if you play the Starks you'll have to follow the history I set up for them as I played them in Feast.

Hey Question,

We can play as our former custom houses right? Like their history transfer over to what we'll be doing next right? Cause if so I'd love to take up the Blacken mantle again

Yes, as I stated I will be discussing with the old players what happened following the end of the RP. Perhaps I'll make a Discord.

Eraus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Eraus » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:45 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:
Eraus wrote:Hey Question,

Yes, as I stated I will be discussing with the old players what happened following the end of the RP. Perhaps I'll make a Discord.

A discord would be interesting and likely far more effective and quick then us trying to hash it out in a TG
Political Compass

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:16 pm

Due to how close the final results were and due to possible puppets, I made the poll go for one more day. Just for the final decisions.

Utceforp wrote:For the next RP, would it be alright to create a new Northern house that controls the Stony Shore? From what I understand House Fisher ruled there as kings in the Age of Heroes but there's been no indication that they still do so as Stark vassals.

They've had little to no mention. I believe they're extinct.
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vladivostokava
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vladivostokava » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:33 am

I'll be waiting. Sorry for disappearing. I got into a new relationship and it has gotten very serious.

I will be on a normal schedule with all of this, I am going to mongolia tomorrow. I'll be there for a day or two. I'll be back for sue on wednesday. :)
My name is Ava/Ewa I am from Poland.
我会说一点, Mowie po polsku, I speak English.
I am Polish born, American citizen, I live in China.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:30 pm

It would seem A Rite of Conquest has won. Interesting how popular that choice was, considering how unpopular my RP, A Century of Blood was which took place at the same time period.

Oh well, guess I'll consider this a reboot/redux of that.

Ism
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ism » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:35 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:It would seem A Rite of Conquest has won. Interesting how popular that choice was, considering how unpopular my RP, A Century of Blood was which took place at the same time period.

Yeah I thought that was the longshot, didn't seem to have many votes last time I checked.

Eraus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Eraus » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:42 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:It would seem A Rite of Conquest has won. Interesting how popular that choice was, considering how unpopular my RP, A Century of Blood was which took place at the same time period.

Hopefully it doesn't die as quick as it did last time
Last edited by Eraus on Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Political Compass

Blackledge
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 27, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Blackledge » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:34 am

Can I say that if we want an RP to not die the latter two options on the poll aren't the way to go? Rite of Conquest leaves few ways for stories to develop except for everyone bending the knee to Aegon due to Dragon WMDs. And Winds of Winter is similar if Dany is returning, and otherwise leaves players in a situation where at least four of the kingdoms are already depleted by war and presumably the intent is to make up a way a war against the Others could be RPed.

Something like A Dream of Spring, or a similarly based RP where players can start fresh, I think would ultimately allow more freedom and work better.
Just don't want to see another one die.
Cattle die, kinsmen die, and so shall you die, too. But one thing I know that never dies: the fame of a dead man’s deeds.
A concise history of the Falklands War
The Commonwealth States of Blackledge
Factbook|Internal Matters|

Ism
Negotiator

Postby Ism » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:35 am

Blackledge wrote:Can I say that if we want an RP to not die the latter two options on the poll aren't the way to go? Rite of Conquest leaves few ways for stories to develop except for everyone bending the knee to Aegon due to Dragon WMDs. And Winds of Winter is similar if Dany is returning, and otherwise leaves players in a situation where at least four of the kingdoms are already depleted by war and presumably the intent is to make up a way a war against the Others could be RPed.

Something like A Dream of Spring, or a similarly based RP where players can start fresh, I think would ultimately allow more freedom and work better.
Just don't want to see another one die.

Dragons can be killed, though that's probably going to be near-impossible for most. And if I recall, most of the Westerosi fought alone, so perhaps if they united in the face of this common foe they could survive. Though I'm sure some will yield and bend the knee or refuse to work with others.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:25 am

Now Dream of Spring got ahead. I swear, this poll was really wonky. I feel like either people who weren't in this RP/haven't posted in this OOC voted or puppets were used. I'll flip a coin between Rite of Conquest and Dream of Spring, or if people want I could do one more poll.
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sil Arion
Ambassador

Founded: May 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sil Arion » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:58 am

The Valyria Empire wrote:Now Dream of Spring got ahead. I swear, this poll was really wonky. I feel like either people who weren't in this RP/haven't posted in this OOC voted or puppets were used. I'll flip a coin between Rite of Conquest and Dream of Spring, or if people want I could do one more poll.

Apologies for my absence, been a bit busy. I don't think I voted in this most recent poll - if it's another one - but I'm fine with either option. Really, any RP idea that's outside the normal timeline. For both, would it be Westerosi-only for player characters?
Aiya! Elen síla lúmenn omentielvo! Call me Sil!

Ism
Negotiator

Postby Ism » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:09 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:Now Dream of Spring got ahead. I swear, this poll was really wonky. I feel like either people who weren't in this RP/haven't posted in this OOC voted or puppets were used. I'll flip a coin between Rite of Conquest and Dream of Spring, or if people want I could do one more poll.

Yeah the vote really shifted, and I think ARoC actually lost votes. But, just taking the numbers into account, there were 22 voters and 22 people on the roster (though considering inactivity that seems a bit odd to me) so it checks out on a purely mathematical basis. Unless there is some way to see who voted, there is no way to know if only people on the roster are voting or if puppets are being used, sadly.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:50 pm

I flipped a coin, heads for Rite and Tails for Spring.

I got heads, thus Rite will be first. However due to Spring having a huge popularity I will do that one following Rite.

For those who are concenered about Aegon conquering everyone be aware I do not plan on ending the RP after the Conquest nor do I plan on starting right at the Conquest. Aegon might not even invade Westeros, perhaps he'll go to Essos. It all depends on what the players do.

Also be aware that dragons can't be everywhere at once, and Aegon's numbers are very small so if he's distracted by something or his sisters are else where they could possibly be defeated.
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:56 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:I flipped a coin, heads for Rite and Tails for Spring.

I got heads, thus Rite will be first. However due to Spring having a huge popularity I will do that one following Rite.

For those who are concenered about Aegon conquering everyone be aware I do not plan on ending the RP after the Conquest nor do I plan on starting right at the Conquest. Aegon might not even invade Westeros, perhaps he'll go to Essos. It all depends on what the players do.

Also be aware that dragons can't be everywhere at once, and Aegon's numbers are very small so if he's distracted by something or his sisters are else where they could possibly be defeated.

Will those of us who were in the previous Pre-Conquest RP be allowed to reserve the houses we played as?
Keirsey Temperament: Mastermind/Architect (INTJ)
The Empire of Warg is a Class Z9 Nation
Emperor: Walker Alexander Ross Graves III
Crown Prince: Walker Alexander Ross Graves IV
Field Marshal: Valus Artyom Regulus Graves
Grandmaster of the Order of Algol: Booker Roland Oxley Graves
Pro: Libertarianism, LGBT, Abortion, Religious Freedom, Refugee Aid
Anti: Conservatism, Totalitarianism, SWERFs/TERFs, Theocracies
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

Collectivism score: 17%
Authoritarianism score: 17%
Internationalism score: 33%
Tribalism score: -67%
Liberalism score: 83%

Threat Level: ALPHA, BETA, GAMMA, DELTA, EPSILON

Eraus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Eraus » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:05 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:I flipped a coin, heads for Rite and Tails for Spring.

Will those of us who were in the previous Pre-Conquest RP be allowed to reserve the houses we played as?

Yea, I would love to play as the house I did last time
Political Compass

Sil Arion
Ambassador

Founded: May 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sil Arion » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:15 pm

Eraus wrote:
Warg the Immortal wrote:Will those of us who were in the previous Pre-Conquest RP be allowed to reserve the houses we played as?

Yea, I would love to play as the house I did last time

I wasn't a participant of the original, but it seems sensible previous players should have first refusal with their former houses.

Valyria, when it comes to Rite, what sort of population and technology levels would we work with?
Aiya! Elen síla lúmenn omentielvo! Call me Sil!

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:21 pm

Sil Arion wrote:
Eraus wrote:Yea, I would love to play as the house I did last time

I wasn't a participant of the original, but it seems sensible previous players should have first refusal with their former houses.

Valyria, when it comes to Rite, what sort of population and technology levels would we work with?

Technology wise the GoT universe seems to be pretty static, I don't think it really changed all that much from Aegon's Conquest to Robert's Rebellion

As far as population goes, I am unsure
Last edited by Warg the Immortal on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

Blackledge
Ambassador

Postby Blackledge » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:44 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:Technology wise the GoT universe seems to be pretty static, I don't think it really changed all that much from Aegon's Conquest to Robert's Rebellion

It has been suggested that perhaps Dorne suffered greatly from the invasion, reducing its population from a point where it probably could realistically have fielded 50,000 spears to its diminished state in the current books.
Cattle die, kinsmen die, and so shall you die, too. But one thing I know that never dies: the fame of a dead man’s deeds.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:48 pm

Blackledge wrote:
Warg the Immortal wrote:Technology wise the GoT universe seems to be pretty static, I don't think it really changed all that much from Aegon's Conquest to Robert's Rebellion

It has been suggested that perhaps Dorne suffered greatly from the invasion, reducing its population from a point where it probably could realistically have fielded 50,000 spears to its diminished state in the current books.

I thought the diminished population was from Nymeria's War?

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:53 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:
Blackledge wrote:It has been suggested that perhaps Dorne suffered greatly from the invasion, reducing its population from a point where it probably could realistically have fielded 50,000 spears to its diminished state in the current books.

It never could have fielded that many, it was always an exaggeration.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Blackledge
Ambassador

Postby Blackledge » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:03 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:
Blackledge wrote:It has been suggested that perhaps Dorne suffered greatly from the invasion, reducing its population from a point where it probably could realistically have fielded 50,000 spears to its diminished state in the current books.

With regards to the current era I believe Nymeria's War was a tad too far back in time. The Dragon's Wroth literally burned every Dornish castle, town and village for a period of several years. In the same way the effects of WWI are still felt on Serbia demographically today, some have suggested a similar situation in Dorne. Plus three major invasions within something like a century.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:39 pm

Blackledge wrote:
Warg the Immortal wrote:I thought the diminished population was from Nymeria's War?

With regards to the current era I believe Nymeria's War was a tad too far back in time. The Dragon's Wroth literally burned every Dornish castle, town and village for a period of several years. In the same way the effects of WWI are still felt on Serbia demographically today, some have suggested a similar situation in Dorne. Plus three major invasions within something like a century.

The population of Dorne was hardly affected in the War of Conquest. Rhaenys flew down, had a chat with the yellow toad, and went home leaving Dorne unconquered for the time.

"The Dornishmen fought no great battles against the Targaryens nor did they shelters in their castles, as they remembered the lessons of the Field of Fire and Harrenhal. The Dornish simply vanished before the dragons rather than give battle."

After the release of the Arianne sample chapters of Winds of Winter its assumed that the people of Dorne hid in the salt mines, thus the dragons never found them. The Dornish used guerrilla tactics, and the natural defenses of Dorne to strike at the enemy. They never butchered the population, only destroyed their castles.

Give this a read
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse