NATION

PASSWORD

Game of Thrones: A Song of Ice & Fire [OOC] -Concluded-

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Next in the Series

Poll ended at Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:36 pm

A Dream of Spring (Sequel to my A Feast For Crows RP set after the invasion of the Others about hundred years later, 401 AL)
41%
A Rite of Conquest (Set prior to Aegon's Invasion of Westeros. 2 BC)
23%
The Winds of Winter (Sequel to my A Feast for Crows RP set during the invasion of the Others, 301 AL.)
36%

Total votes : 22

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:00 pm

Nuxipal wrote:
Warg the Immortal wrote:Thats why I was thinking of also legitimizing Aurane Waters and granting him Torturer's Deep if he returns the ships, which would provide a lot more naval defines in case Tyrosh gets uppity. Plus, Drogon would be around.

Laenor would rule from Bloodstone, like Daemon Targaryen. Daegon would take Grey Gallows, and eventually divvy up his lands among his sons a-la-gavelkind

true. I think the depopulation thing was a suggestion, unsure if Val will choose to go that route

That would work well.. I may need to find myself a dragon or two to hold the Stepstones against the Free Cities though.

I think Tyrosh would be fine with Dany taking them so long as Tyrosh itself is left alone. Cant see them objecting to not having to deal with pirates anymore
Keirsey Temperament: Mastermind/Architect (INTJ)
The Empire of Warg is a Class Z9 Nation
Emperor: Walker Alexander Ross Graves III
Crown Prince: Walker Alexander Ross Graves IV
Field Marshal: Valus Artyom Regulus Graves
Grandmaster of the Order of Algol: Booker Roland Oxley Graves
Pro: Libertarianism, LGBT, Abortion, Religious Freedom, Refugee Aid
Anti: Conservatism, Totalitarianism, SWERFs/TERFs, Theocracies
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

Collectivism score: 17%
Authoritarianism score: 17%
Internationalism score: 33%
Tribalism score: -67%
Liberalism score: 83%

Threat Level: ALPHA, BETA, GAMMA, DELTA, EPSILON

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:04 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:
That would work well.. I may need to find myself a dragon or two to hold the Stepstones against the Free Cities though.

I think Tyrosh would be fine with Dany taking them so long as Tyrosh itself is left alone. Cant see them objecting to not having to deal with pirates anymore

Well if that's the timeline we are heading down. I do have a plan for a potential conflict in mind. I would prefer dragon's on my side.. but I don't see that likely.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:06 pm

Nuxipal wrote:
Warg the Immortal wrote:I think Tyrosh would be fine with Dany taking them so long as Tyrosh itself is left alone. Cant see them objecting to not having to deal with pirates anymore

Well if that's the timeline we are heading down. I do have a plan for a potential conflict in mind. I would prefer dragon's on my side.. but I don't see that likely.

I think Val want a minimum on the dragons aspect, keeps the playing field relatively even and all, so I think Drogon will be the last one
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:10 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:

I think Val want a minimum on the dragons aspect, keeps the playing field relatively even and all, so I think Drogon will be the last one

That's why i figured not having a dragon on my side would be the most likely scenario. I don't exactly want to spill the plan here, but in a hundred years, if House Seasmoke still has the Stepstones, I would have ideas for expansion where a dragon would make the chances of victory significantly better.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:13 pm

Nuxipal wrote:
Warg the Immortal wrote:I think Val want a minimum on the dragons aspect, keeps the playing field relatively even and all, so I think Drogon will be the last one

That's why i figured not having a dragon on my side would be the most likely scenario. I don't exactly want to spill the plan here, but in a hundred years, if House Seasmoke still has the Stepstones, I would have ideas for expansion where a dragon would make the chances of victory significantly better.

Btw, have any ideas for how Laenor would've reunited with Laena and met up with the rest of team Dany?

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:17 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:

Btw, have any ideas for how Laenor would've reunited with Laena and met up with the rest of team Dany?

Probably would have been captured. I think last I had him, he was with the armies of Aegon VI marching on Casterly. He joined up with them simply because they were offering food and gold to any mercenaries and he had a sizable group of former militia men with him. Laena probably would have seen him and asked Daenerys to pardon her brother. He would likely have followed his sister's advice and fought alongside the armies of Daenerys against the Others.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:22 pm

Nuxipal wrote:
Warg the Immortal wrote:Btw, have any ideas for how Laenor would've reunited with Laena and met up with the rest of team Dany?

Probably would have been captured. I think last I had him, he was with the armies of Aegon VI marching on Casterly. He joined up with them simply because they were offering food and gold to any mercenaries and he had a sizable group of former militia men with him. Laena probably would have seen him and asked Daenerys to pardon her brother. He would likely have followed his sister's advice and fought alongside the armies of Daenerys against the Others.

Gotcha, and he probably would've joined Dany and Daegon later on in the conquest of the stepstones. Also, maybe Laenor could marry a Tyroshi noble to help build relations and lessen the likelihood of them going to war with Dany over the Stepstones

Blackledge
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 27, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Blackledge » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:26 pm

Did the last RP end due to issues with player activity or did the story conclude? I'm asking because I'm concerned that continuing a story from an RP that stopped halfway and differs substantially from the canon as we know it would harm new player interest.
Cattle die, kinsmen die, and so shall you die, too. But one thing I know that never dies: the fame of a dead man’s deeds.
A concise history of the Falklands War
The Commonwealth States of Blackledge
Factbook|Internal Matters|

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:28 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:

Gotcha, and he probably would've joined Dany and Daegon later on in the conquest of the stepstones. Also, maybe Laenor could marry a Tyroshi noble to help build relations and lessen the likelihood of them going to war with Dany over the Stepstones

Quite possible. Though, marrying any of the free city houses means you only have that alliance with the city so long as that family rules the city. Should another family come out on top, then they will likely have gained a rival instead. Initially, that may be the best option for Laenor though.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:29 pm

Blackledge wrote:Did the last RP end due to issues with player activity or did the story conclude? I'm asking because I'm concerned that continuing a story from an RP that stopped halfway and differs substantially from the canon as we know it would harm new player interest.

From my memory, we stopped probably 2/3 of the way through. What had been a multi-sided conflict became essentially two sides due to players leaving, however, one side had a significantly greater strength supporting it compared to the other. They effectively agreed who would have been the winner and hashed out the agreement OOCly how things would have gone.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:36 pm

Nuxipal wrote:
Warg the Immortal wrote:Gotcha, and he probably would've joined Dany and Daegon later on in the conquest of the stepstones. Also, maybe Laenor could marry a Tyroshi noble to help build relations and lessen the likelihood of them going to war with Dany over the Stepstones

Quite possible. Though, marrying any of the free city houses means you only have that alliance with the city so long as that family rules the city. Should another family come out on top, then they will likely have gained a rival instead. Initially, that may be the best option for Laenor though.

From my understanding Tyrosh has generally had an ok relationship with Westeros (Daemon Blackfyre marrying Rohanne, Valarr Targaryen marrying Kiera of Tyrosh, Arianne Martell being friends with the Archon's daughter and potentially being fostered there for a while if Viserys and Dany hadn't been kicked out of their house, Dany meeting he Archons brother at her wedding to Drogo), so I think just a marriage with one of the more powerful families should be fine to keep things from going to war.
Last edited by Warg the Immortal on Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:43 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:

From my understanding Tyrosh has generally had an ok relationship with Westeros (Daemon Blackfyre marrying Rohanne, Valarr Targaryen marrying Kiera of Tyrosh, Arianne Martell being friends with the Archon's daughter and potentially being fostered there for a while if Viserys and Dany hadn't been kicked out of their house, Dany meeting he Archons brother at her wedding to Drogo), so I think just a marriage with one of the more powerful families should be fine to keep things from going to war.

Fair enough. So Tyrosh would get its wedding.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:49 pm

Nuxipal wrote:
Warg the Immortal wrote:From my understanding Tyrosh has generally had an ok relationship with Westeros (Daemon Blackfyre marrying Rohanne, Valarr Targaryen marrying Kiera of Tyrosh, Arianne Martell being friends with the Archon's daughter and potentially being fostered there for a while if Viserys and Dany hadn't been kicked out of their house, Dany meeting he Archons brother at her wedding to Drogo), so I think just a marriage with one of the more powerful families should be fine to keep things from going to war.

Fair enough. So Tyrosh would get its wedding.

The green haired girl about Arianne's age would probably be the best choice for solidifying peace
Last edited by Warg the Immortal on Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:21 pm

Blackledge wrote:Did the last RP end due to issues with player activity or did the story conclude? I'm asking because I'm concerned that continuing a story from an RP that stopped halfway and differs substantially from the canon as we know it would harm new player interest.

Remember that it will be 100 hundred years since then. With it being so far ahead while some of events of the RP will be laying the playing field, it will not exactly have the biggest impact on the IC.

Also Warg, as I stated in my minor summary; Jon will die with his Targaryen ancestry being kept a secret. The War with the Others having destroyed half of Westeros does leave someone like Jon to not care about the Iron Throne, all he would care about is reuilding. Drogon dies in the War with the Others. Now while the North will have a fairly big depopulation, the Riverlands, Vale, Westerlands and Crownlands will also feel the impact.

I'll have a greater summary later, since it seems this idea is going to win. It isn't going to be as fan service as you want it to be Warg, sorry.
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:28 am

The Valyria Empire wrote:

Remember that it will be 100 hundred years since then. With it being so far ahead while some of events of the RP will be laying the playing field, it will not exactly have the biggest impact on the IC.

Also Warg, as I stated in my minor summary; Jon will die with his Targaryen ancestry being kept a secret. The War with the Others having destroyed half of Westeros does leave someone like Jon to not care about the Iron Throne, all he would care about is reuilding. Drogon dies in the War with the Others. Now while the North will have a fairly big depopulation, the Riverlands, Vale, Westerlands and Crownlands will also feel the impact.

I'll have a greater summary later, since it seems this idea is going to win. It isn't going to be as fan service as you want it to be Warg, sorry.

Can't win em all I suppose. Guess dany will marry someone else then. What will the conflict for the rp be, since it's set 100 years from now?

Recon
Envoy

Founded: Mar 10, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Recon » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:24 am

My biggest concern is with the 100 years or so between canon and this reality. In this game, we had some problems with Custom Houses in regard to history and size etc. Now every house will be in effect the same as the custom house.

GRRM created the characters and personalities of the houses to ensure there was no “perfect” family or house. Look at the Vale with Robert Arryn, Balon Greyjoy and Joffrey. Robb Stark was a military wunderkind, but hopeless politically. If I was going to create an “ideal” Lord character, I would not create any of these. So I hope we don’t have carbon copies of “ideal” characters, houses and lands. In many threads, you see “strengths” and “weaknesses” on character creation, but ther e is great latitude given to the writer to put anything in either box. Usually this creates a character with clear strengths and with only vague or contextual weaknesses.

So my concern is, with 100 years. Every house great or small will have to shape their own past and current status. If you are a great house, you can explain how the Riverlands or the Vale has developed in these decades. If there is no canon, then we should be very careful. If everyone is perfect and carrying a Valyrian steel sword, then this will not be interesting.

Blackledge
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 27, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Blackledge » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:16 pm

Recon wrote:My biggest concern is with the 100 years or so between canon and this reality. In this game, we had some problems with Custom Houses in regard to history and size etc. Now every house will be in effect the same as the custom house.

GRRM created the characters and personalities of the houses to ensure there was no “perfect” family or house. Look at the Vale with Robert Arryn, Balon Greyjoy and Joffrey. Robb Stark was a military wunderkind, but hopeless politically. If I was going to create an “ideal” Lord character, I would not create any of these. So I hope we don’t have carbon copies of “ideal” characters, houses and lands. In many threads, you see “strengths” and “weaknesses” on character creation, but ther e is great latitude given to the writer to put anything in either box. Usually this creates a character with clear strengths and with only vague or contextual weaknesses.

So my concern is, with 100 years. Every house great or small will have to shape their own past and current status. If you are a great house, you can explain how the Riverlands or the Vale has developed in these decades. If there is no canon, then we should be very careful. If everyone is perfect and carrying a Valyrian steel sword, then this will not be interesting.

I agree to an extent. We should encourage flawed characters. And given how Westeros has historically been pretty resistant to change, it would be nice to not have the changes be *too* great.

I would like to see how others feel about custom non-canon houses. Are they necessary? There are hundreds of canon houses with their own sigils and histories that could be fluffed up. Could the RP stick to those?
Cattle die, kinsmen die, and so shall you die, too. But one thing I know that never dies: the fame of a dead man’s deeds.
A concise history of the Falklands War
The Commonwealth States of Blackledge
Factbook|Internal Matters|

Ism
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ism » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:19 pm

Blackledge wrote:
Recon wrote:My biggest concern is with the 100 years or so between canon and this reality. In this game, we had some problems with Custom Houses in regard to history and size etc. Now every house will be in effect the same as the custom house.

I agree to an extent. We should encourage flawed characters. And given how Westeros has historically been pretty resistant to change, it would be nice to not have the changes be *too* great.

I would like to see how others feel about custom non-canon houses. Are they necessary? There are hundreds of canon houses with their own sigils and histories that could be fluffed up. Could the RP stick to those?

If I may, as someone who did apply for a custom house and has done so in the past for ASOIAF rps, I prefer custom houses. Not because I think they're better than the canon houses, but because it allows me to do several things. Firstly, it's mine. My house, my idea. Which means that if I want to alter the course of how something played out in canon, I can try to do so, without having a character/house act in a non-canonical manner. Another reason I like custom houses is it allows me to do something interesting, or play with Martin's world in some way. An Ironborn who has turned from a zealous follower of the old ways to a determined reformer (in the vein of Peter the Great who partially inspired the character) or an Ironborn house which survived in the Riverlands after the fall of the Hoares, developed a strange form of the Ironborn faith and had a unique means of choosing successors. Like I said, I don't think I can do a better job than Martin, but I can do something different altogether, which is vastly more interesting from my perspective.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:11 am

Poll ends tonight at 8:36 EST. Looks like A Dream of Spring is going to win, but maybe something will change.

Slakonian
Senator

Founded: Nov 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Slakonian » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:56 am

The Valyria Empire wrote:Poll ends tonight at 8:36 EST. Looks like A Dream of Spring is going to win, but maybe something will change.

Seems like a good idea, hopefully you won't give the ruling dynasty a bunch of dragons and make them OP :lol:
Call me Slak!
Greek Army Reservist NCO
Our great anthem
Turmenista wrote:>USA/Obama drops bombs in Syria for over a year, nobody bats an eye or says a word.
>Russia/Putin drops bombs in Syria for a day and-
WE INTERRUPT THIS SHITPOST TO INFORM YOU THAT VLADIMIR PUTIN AND RUSSIA ARE TRYING TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!
Glasgia wrote:
Kratu wrote:America will embargo Italian goods. :p

No pizza for you then!

Lord Tothe wrote:
The Emerald Dragon wrote:The 9,910th Monkey died of viagra overdose

Monkey #9909 was on the other end of the viagra overdose problem

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:49 am

Slakonian wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:Poll ends tonight at 8:36 EST. Looks like A Dream of Spring is going to win, but maybe something will change.

Seems like a good idea, hopefully you won't give the ruling dynasty a bunch of dragons and make them OP :lol:

I've already stated that the dragons are dead. I'll be including a timeline with this RP to explain what has happened in the last 100 years.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:22 am

Two questions:

1: Is this still open?

2: Could I have a brief summary of the plot (as it diverges from canon) thus far?
Signatures are so 2014.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:43 am

Utceforp wrote:Two questions:

2: Could I have a brief summary of the plot (as it diverges from canon) thus far?

This RP just ended. I have a poll to vote for the next RP, so feel free to vote.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:52 am

This RP just ended. I have a poll to vote for the next RP, so feel free to vote.

Alright, thanks.

Personally, I think the Conquest is a more interesting startdate for the new RP.
Signatures are so 2014.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:14 pm

I call the stark family!
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse