NATION

PASSWORD

Game of Thrones: A Song of Ice & Fire [OOC] -Concluded-

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Next in the Series

Poll ended at Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:36 pm

A Dream of Spring (Sequel to my A Feast For Crows RP set after the invasion of the Others about hundred years later, 401 AL)
41%
A Rite of Conquest (Set prior to Aegon's Invasion of Westeros. 2 BC)
23%
The Winds of Winter (Sequel to my A Feast for Crows RP set during the invasion of the Others, 301 AL.)
36%

Total votes : 22

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:03 pm

The Forsworn Knights wrote:
Eraus wrote:It's tails so the winner is Forsworn
Congrats

Gg. Considering Adrian and Niall are at about the same level in terms of skill, I think Niall would last 2-3 turns through diligently defending and counterattacking before taking an unlucky shot that would throw him off.
Regardless of who won though, I think we can all agree that the Red Viper is going to kick my ass tomorrow.

Yeah, I couldn't see any custom character winning against the Red Viper. I'll agree on three passes before I get my ass handed to me
Keirsey Temperament: Mastermind/Architect (INTJ)
The Empire of Warg is a Class Z9 Nation
Emperor: Walker Alexander Ross Graves III
Crown Prince: Walker Alexander Ross Graves IV
Field Marshal: Valus Artyom Regulus Graves
Grandmaster of the Order of Algol: Booker Roland Oxley Graves
Pro: Libertarianism, LGBT, Abortion, Religious Freedom, Refugee Aid
Anti: Conservatism, Totalitarianism, SWERFs/TERFs, Theocracies
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

Collectivism score: 17%
Authoritarianism score: 17%
Internationalism score: 33%
Tribalism score: -67%
Liberalism score: 83%

Threat Level: ALPHA, BETA, GAMMA, DELTA, EPSILON

The Forsworn Knights
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Forsworn Knights » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:19 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:
The Forsworn Knights wrote:Gg. Considering Adrian and Niall are at about the same level in terms of skill, I think Niall would last 2-3 turns through diligently defending and counterattacking before taking an unlucky shot that would throw him off.
Regardless of who won though, I think we can all agree that the Red Viper is going to kick my ass tomorrow.

Yeah, I couldn't see any custom character winning against the Red Viper. I'll agree on three passes before I get my ass handed to me

Yeah, I am definitely not going to the finals if Oberyn has anything to say about it. Although, looking at things I believe there is a good chance of my winning the Bronze Match since the ubermensch fighters will all knock each other out in the quarter-finals so that my opponent in the bronze match will either be Jory Cassel, Jason Mallister, or one of a couple lesser-known characters.
Of those four, its harder to tell because they were both canon runners-up, although none of them are described as being big scary champions, yet at the same time Adrian is a custom-character and thus doesnt have the same threshold for potential as say, a canon NPC of a great house such as Jaime Lannister or Loras Tyrell.
Primary Author of The Forum Seven Guide to Location Threads
Reploid Productions wrote:It's rude to play with yourself in public.
Farnhamia wrote:
The Forsworn Knights wrote:Well, I assume Max Barry has money. So maybe he could buy a couple reporters.

He could but they don't keep for very long. A week, ten days if you keep them in the fridge, which is never convenient.
Reploid Productions wrote:Swearing is just fucking fine on this goddamn fucking forum
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:26 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:Yeah, I couldn't see any custom character winning against the Red Viper. I'll agree on three passes before I get my ass handed to me

Yeah, I am definitely not going to the finals if Oberyn has anything to say about it. Although, looking at things I believe there is a good chance of my winning the Bronze Match since the ubermensch fighters will all knock each other out in the quarter-finals so that my opponent in the bronze match will either be Jory Cassel, Jason Mallister, or one of a couple lesser-known characters.
Of those four, its harder to tell because they were both canon runners-up, although none of them are described as being big scary champions, yet at the same time Adrian is a custom-character and thus doesnt have the same threshold for potential as say, a canon NPC of a great house such as Jaime Lannister or Loras Tyrell.

Sorry to say, but I think Jason Mallister will take Bronze. He was described in the books as a very strong rider and accomplished in the joust
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

The Forsworn Knights
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Forsworn Knights » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:36 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:
The Forsworn Knights wrote:Yeah, I am definitely not going to the finals if Oberyn has anything to say about it. Although, looking at things I believe there is a good chance of my winning the Bronze Match since the ubermensch fighters will all knock each other out in the quarter-finals so that my opponent in the bronze match will either be Jory Cassel, Jason Mallister, or one of a couple lesser-known characters.

Sorry to say, but I think Jason Mallister will take Bronze. He was described in the books as a very strong rider and accomplished in the joust

Probably so. Especially given the fact that not only did Mallister defeat the master-at-arms of the Iron Throne in canon, but Adrian also kinda knocked his son on his ass, which is going to motivate him to return the favor.
Farnhamia wrote:
The Forsworn Knights wrote:Well, I assume Max Barry has money. So maybe he could buy a couple reporters.

He could but they don't keep for very long. A week, ten days if you keep them in the fridge, which is never convenient.
Reploid Productions wrote:Swearing is just fucking fine on this goddamn fucking forum
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.

Vladivostokava
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vladivostokava » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:15 am

Name: Rana Blacklocke III
House: Blacklocke
Titles: Guardian of the Black
House Seat: Blackreach
House Sigil:

Allegiance paid to: Starks, Reeds, Karstarks,
Appearance (Picture appreciated): 5'0 2/4" (Five foot two fourths of an inch. It matters god damn it.), One blue eye, one brown eye, pale skin, black-blue hair, a scar from a lizard lion claw running down the right side of her face. (Picture 2)
Personality: Rana is very quiet but when she dose speak she is know to be very snarky and irritating. She is rather skilled in negotiating and has been know to keep the peace. The people love her and is commonly associated as being the face of the Blacklocke family. She makes regular appearances in fishing settlements through the swamps offering assistance where she can.
Skills: God-level Archer , she is one of the best archers in the neck. camouflage and stealth expert, if she doesn't want you to see her, she won't be seen. Skilled fighter with knifes, she considers it fun to attack a lizard lion with nothing but her bare hands and a frogging knife.
Weaponry (If any): An oak bow with the house sigil carved near the top of the shaft, Bronze short sword (Gladius style.) Concealable suradded frogging knife.
Military Strength: 880 men in the Blackreach military but she is personally tasked with 80 of those men known as Black Coats. They are the only real standing army and household guard that the Blacklockes keep around.
Biography: Rana Blacklocke III is the daughter of Harkin Blacklocke the Third and Arika Blackwood. Her brothers are Brunn Blacklocke and Harkin Blacklocke the Fourth. Rana is unmarried, but not because she could not find any suitors, she is actually very popular among men of the neck as well as men of the north. She has received offers from members of the Karstark, Glover, Blackwood and Umber families. However she has turned them all down. At a young age Rana went back and forth between houses in the north visiting relatives in house Karstark, Forrester and Blackwood. She has a relatively strong relationship with all her family members save for her own father, however she could not bring herself to abandon Blackreach. Rana learned to be a lady in the North under the watch of House Forrester at the same time she also learned to be a crannogmen and to be honest it seems she prefered the company of snakes and lizards lions of the neck over the snakes and lizard lions of the north and south. By the age of 15 she was inducted to the Black Coats under the supervision of her older brother Harkin Blacklocke the Fourth. The Black coats are the Guardians of the Black and the only real military in Blackreach. Under the training of her brothers and the other Black Coats she honed her combat skills with a bow and quickly became one of the best fighters in the neck. After a few years of training and rising in rank within the Black Coats her brother Harkin stepped down and nominated her for leadership. The Black Coat soldiers took a vote and she won 79/80 votes. She became the only woman to ever be elected as a leader of the Black Coats. This made her father unimaginably proud with her quickly rising to be his favorite child, seeing his only two sons wander off to Essos for a few years to start a small mercenary company, it gave the Lord no choice. Now Rana patrols the swamps and keeps the peace. She is universally known as a guardian of the people and the public face of House Blacklocke.
RP Example: Here.
Notes:
My name is Ava/Ewa I am from Poland.
我会说一点, Mowie po polsku, I speak English.
I am Polish born, American citizen, I live in China.

Castain
Diplomat

Founded: May 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Castain » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:14 am

Nuxipal wrote:House Hightower is literally a Great House that is sitting on the sidelines and not putting forth the effort. They have all the resources at their disposal, including one of the best castles and the second largest, and oldest city on the continent. Then they have the Citadel and the original seat of the Faith of the Seven.

Maybe if the Hightowers and the current High Septon get into arguments, I can create an Anti-High Septon to try and usurp power of the High Septon!

They also have the highest troop count in Westeros.
Totally not a French/English/German/Christian/Muslim empire based loosely on the Roman Empire.

Definitely not.

Cruxa
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Cruxa » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:55 am

Ok, so when/how are we doing the melee? The one Robert wasn't supposed to be in?

EDIT: ITS ELMHART NOT ELMART GUYS
IM NOT YOUR WALMART
Last edited by Cruxa on Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
[5]4321
Conservative economically, liberal socially
Capitalist
Does not use NS stats!
Cruxa is a Class P14 civilization!
San Marlindo wrote:I didn't understand a word of this OP except maybe this is the sort of thing I dwell on when I'm high.

Charlia wrote:Are you scared?
Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent.

Valgora wrote:But they wouldn't need to take it from your hands. They just need to ban the websites.
Unless you are still using magazines.
Plus, the friction would warm up your hands.
Name: Crux >:3
Dislikes: Pop, you
Happiness Level: lowest of the low
Views: Libertarian
Pro gay, capitalism, weed, Mexico, Muslim refugees, choice
Anti terrorist, Russia, Trump, Clinton, religion, communism

Jhet
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jhet » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:02 am

The Forsworn Knights wrote:Yeah, I am definitely not going to the finals if Oberyn has anything to say about it. Although, looking at things I believe there is a good chance of my winning the Bronze Match since the ubermensch fighters will all knock each other out in the quarter-finals so that my opponent in the bronze match will either be Jory Cassel, Jason Mallister, or one of a couple lesser-known characters.

Third place is a big pile of nothing tho right? King Robert doesn't give money out to losers.

Both Jaime and Loras are player controlled no? I'm definitely writing as Loras since I'm Tyrell.

The Forsworn Knights
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Forsworn Knights » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:19 am

Jhet wrote:

Third place is a big pile of nothing tho right? King Robert doesn't give money out to losers.

Both Jaime and Loras are player controlled no? I'm definitely writing as Loras since I'm Tyrell.

Tournaments in times of peace were like confirmation trials for unmarried nobles. Even without a money reward the Bronze/Runner-Up/Third-Place fighters tended to at least get their name out there enough to make it easier to get people to agree to betrothals and such, and would at least give them bragging rights back at whatever castle they lived in.
Farnhamia wrote:

Jhet
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jhet » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:16 am

True true, but at the same time the bragging rights are generally better reserved for besting "better" knights. So beating Jaime Lannister is better than defeating a half dozen hedge knights to get third.

And money is always important.

The Forsworn Knights
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Forsworn Knights » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:23 am

Jhet wrote:True true, but at the same time the bragging rights are generally better reserved for besting "better" knights. So beating Jaime Lannister is better than defeating a half dozen hedge knights to get third.

True, true.
Farnhamia wrote:

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:49 am

Yaana, I think a journey from Dragonstone to KL will take much less time than three days, they're very close to one another

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:53 am

Warg the Immortal wrote:Yaana, I think a journey from Dragonstone to KL will take much less time than three days, they're very close to one another

I would say it would take about 6-9 hours depending on the weather and wind. If the wind is not in your favor I'd say about 12. If the weather and wind are horrible I'd say a day and a half

Cruxa
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cruxa » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:01 am

Jhet wrote:True true, but at the same time the bragging rights are generally better reserved for besting "better" knights. So beating Jaime Lannister is better than defeating a half dozen hedge knights to get third.

True, true.

Forsworn, I think Jon will join Lord Marthart at his seats. At least, until the melee.
[5]4321
Capitalist
Does not use NS stats!
San Marlindo wrote:I didn't understand a word of this OP except maybe this is the sort of thing I dwell on when I'm high.

Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent.

Valgora wrote:But they wouldn't need to take it from your hands. They just need to ban the websites.

The Forsworn Knights
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Forsworn Knights » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:22 am

Cruxa wrote:
The Forsworn Knights wrote:True, true.

Forsworn, I think Jon will join Lord Marthart at his seats. At least, until the melee.

Alright, I have to do a thing right now but I will post for both the Marthart leaders in a couple hours or so.
Farnhamia wrote:

Cruxa
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cruxa » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:23 am

Cruxa wrote:Forsworn, I think Jon will join Lord Marthart at his seats. At least, until the melee.

Alright, I have to do a thing right now but I will post for both the Marthart leaders in a couple hours or so.

Ok.
[5]4321
Capitalist
Does not use NS stats!

Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent.

Cruxa
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cruxa » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:53 am

Dorne player, how do you feel about matching Jon with Nymeria?
[5]4321
Capitalist
Does not use NS stats!

Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent.

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:53 am

Warg the Immortal wrote:
Great Franconia and Verana wrote: :clap:
A privilege to read, you captured the essence of both Renly and Stannis beautifully.

Fully agree, particularly in Stannis, could definitely see that being a part of the Game of Thrones book if Stannis had been one of the viewpoints early on

The Forsworn Knights wrote:I agree, they were masterfully made. Stannis as a character who actually kind of makes me think of Pyrrhus of Epirus, who is believed to be the best tactician in history, if perhaps not the best strategist, and certainly too stubborn for his own good.

Thank you for that. This RP has lots of high-quality posts from many different participants so far, which is always good to see. Probably what motivated me to write so much!

The Valyria Empire wrote:
Warg the Immortal wrote:Yaana, I think a journey from Dragonstone to KL will take much less time than three days, they're very close to one another

I would say it would take about 6-9 hours depending on the weather and wind. If the wind is not in your favor I'd say about 12. If the weather and wind are horrible I'd say a day and a half

The best estimate I could find said that it would take around three and a half days. But if you guys think Davos would be rocking up much quicker than that, sure.

Great Franconia and Verana
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:20 am

Cruxa wrote:Dorne player, how do you feel about matching Jon with Nymeria?

Honestly, the Sand Snakes are probably very similar to Oberyn, not too interested in marriage.

Cruxa
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cruxa » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:26 am

Great Franconia and Verana wrote:
Cruxa wrote:Dorne player, how do you feel about matching Jon with Nymeria?

Honestly, the Sand Snakes are probably very similar to Oberyn, not too interested in marriage.

true, but no one said it was a loving marriage.
[5]4321
Capitalist
Does not use NS stats!

Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent.

Great Franconia and Verana
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:27 am

Cruxa wrote:
Great Franconia and Verana wrote:Honestly, the Sand Snakes are probably very similar to Oberyn, not too interested in marriage.

If one of the Sand Snakes were forced into a loveless marriage, I think you can expect the husband to not live long.

Cruxa
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cruxa » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:28 am

Great Franconia and Verana wrote:
Cruxa wrote:true, but no one said it was a loving marriage.

If one of the Sand Snakes were forced into a loveless marriage, I think you can expect the husband to not live long.

...you know, that's an excellent point.
[5]4321
Capitalist
Does not use NS stats!

Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:37 am

Yaana Noore wrote:
Warg the Immortal wrote:Fully agree, particularly in Stannis, could definitely see that being a part of the Game of Thrones book if Stannis had been one of the viewpoints early on

The Forsworn Knights wrote:I agree, they were masterfully made. Stannis as a character who actually kind of makes me think of Pyrrhus of Epirus, who is believed to be the best tactician in history, if perhaps not the best strategist, and certainly too stubborn for his own good.

Thank you for that. This RP has lots of high-quality posts from many different participants so far, which is always good to see. Probably what motivated me to write so much!

The Valyria Empire wrote:I would say it would take about 6-9 hours depending on the weather and wind. If the wind is not in your favor I'd say about 12. If the weather and wind are horrible I'd say a day and a half

The best estimate I could find said that it would take around three and a half days. But if you guys think Davos would be rocking up much quicker than that, sure.

Eh, I'm not a sailor so I'm just guessing by the distance. I figured a three day travel would be KL to Storm's End.

Eraus
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eraus » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:40 am

Cruxa wrote:
Great Franconia and Verana wrote:Honestly, the Sand Snakes are probably very similar to Oberyn, not too interested in marriage.

If it ain't for love the why would a Bastard marry some knight?
Especially since that bastard is of a great house
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.56
Pro: Islam,USA, US Military, Capitalism, Freedom,Democratic Party
Against: ISIS, Trump, Far Right Conservatives

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:50 am

The Valyria Empire wrote:
Yaana Noore wrote:

Eh, I'm not a sailor so I'm just guessing by the distance. I figured a three day travel would be KL to Storm's End.

I did some estimation on the only map I could find that gave an example distance, and it should be between 16 and 20 hours by galley, since they had a speed of around 9-10 knots in regular weather. With good winds it would probably take less

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse