NATION

PASSWORD

Game of Thrones: A Song of Ice & Fire [OOC] -Concluded-

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Next in the Series

Poll ended at Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:36 pm

A Dream of Spring (Sequel to my A Feast For Crows RP set after the invasion of the Others about hundred years later, 401 AL)
41%
A Rite of Conquest (Set prior to Aegon's Invasion of Westeros. 2 BC)
23%
The Winds of Winter (Sequel to my A Feast for Crows RP set during the invasion of the Others, 301 AL.)
36%

Total votes : 22

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:25 pm

Will put up an app tonight. Probably.

Das Stahlreich
Attaché

Founded: Jan 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Das Stahlreich » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:11 pm

Oh, um, I guess I should've put Clegane, since I'm wanting to play a Clegane anyway. Is that alright?

NewLakotah
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:32 pm

Reserve House Karstark, please. Who is House Stark?
"How smooth must be the language of the whites, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right." ~~ Black Hawk, Sauk

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." ~~ Tecumseh

Free Leonard Peltier!!

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:40 pm

NewLakotah wrote:Reserve House Karstark, please. Who is House Stark?

I am playing House Stark, and Clegane is noted along with Karstark.

Zombie Swarms
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Zombie Swarms » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:56 pm

(App removed)
Last edited by Zombie Swarms on Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:14 am, edited 5 times in total.
The Free Peoples of Zombie Swarms
Imagine a country of (somewhat) intelligent zombies, who somewhat rule a country in Central Asia, and are Shamanist.
This is the first of my puppets, with which I was proud about. I have been a NS dweller since 2016. (Or perhaps even earlier) And yeah, this is a half-serious nation.
Some news: After a long campaign in Afghanistan, its troops finally surrender to the zombies/Zombies rejoice in the streets
Theme

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:11 am

Okay, first things, first. This RP follows the books, thus there is no "Night's King" as of yet. Second, if there is a Night's King leading the Others, his backstory would be completely different. More here.

Second, we don't know where the Others came from or how they came to be. The show explanation was pretty dumb. Due to us following the books, we don't know this information.

Third, the grammar and punctuation in your app are really bad. Not something I would deny the app over, but you should work on that. A lot of people see your app as your writing style.

Four, we do not know if the Others have a society, and if they do I doubt it is like that of Westeros. Thus I doubt they would adopt heraldry.

Fifth, due to how these RPs dive off into non canon once the RP starts I doubt we'll have a Battle of Hardhome.

Six, no RP Example

This app is just a mess, even if I allowed someone to play the Others I would not accept this app. Besides, the position of controlling the Others is far too powerful to let a newcomer control. Sorry, man but you really need to work on your apps. I know this is probably just a test app so I'm giving my consensus on it.
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

Zombie Swarms
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Zombie Swarms » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:13 am

The Valyria Empire wrote:Okay, first things, first. This RP follows the books, thus there is no "Night's King" as of yet. Second, if there is a Night's King leading the Others, his backstory would be completely different. More here.

Second, we don't know where the Others came from or how they came to be. The show explanation was pretty dumb.

Third, the grammar and punctuation in your app are really bad. Not something I would deny the app over, but you should work on that. A lot of people see your app as your writing style.

Four, we do not if the Others have a society, and if they do I doubt it is like that if Westeros. Thus I doubt they would adopt heraldry.

Fifth, due to how these RPs dive off into non canon once the RP starts I doubt we'll have a Battle of Hardhome.

Six, no RP Example

This app is just a mess, even if I allowed someone to play the Others I would not accept this app. Besides, the position of controlling the Others is far too powerful to let a newcomer control. Sorry, man but you really need to work on your apps. I know this probably just a test app so I'm giving my consensus on it.

Okay. I will probably later feel a BIG cringe about my app, lol. I am going to remove that app from there, because I have saved that in word anyway.
The Free Peoples of Zombie Swarms
Imagine a country of (somewhat) intelligent zombies, who somewhat rule a country in Central Asia, and are Shamanist.
This is the first of my puppets, with which I was proud about. I have been a NS dweller since 2016. (Or perhaps even earlier) And yeah, this is a half-serious nation.
Some news: After a long campaign in Afghanistan, its troops finally surrender to the zombies/Zombies rejoice in the streets
Theme

Das Stahlreich
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Das Stahlreich » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:21 am

Name: Gregor Clegane, The Mountain that Rides

House: House Clegane

Titles: Ser, Lord of Clegane's Keep

House Seat: Clegane's Keep

House Sigil:Image

Allegiance paid to: Lord Tywin Lannister of House Lannister

Appearance: Gregor is extremely tall (he is close to eight feet in height or 2,4 meters). He has "massive shoulders and arms thick as the trunk of small trees" and weighs over thirty stone (420 lbs, or 190 kgs, though, when described, I'd personally put him more towards 35 stone, or 490 pounds), nearly all of it muscle. In battle Gregor wears the heaviest, thickest plate armor in the Seven Kingdoms. Below the plate he wears chainmail and boiled leather. He also wears a great-helm with only a narrow slit for vision.
(Note: While I'd use Conan Steven's face, I'll be using Hafthor Bjornsson's physique)

Personality: Gregor is known for his violence and cruelty. He is a somewhat sadistic and very brutal man. Ser Brynden Tully has even once compared him to a "frothing dog". Despite all this, he has very great warrior instincts. He is generally solitary, barely ever leaving his own lands except for wars or tournaments.

Skills: Gregor is near inhumanely strong and very durable and tough. He has a great ability when it comes to violence, with much of his talent purely reserved for warfare and combat. He is also somewhat swift, at least, deceptively for his size.

Weaponry: A six-and-a-half-foot long greatsword, and irregularly thick and heavy armor, dark grey in colour, with black leather and a black gambeson.

Military Strength: N/A

Biography: Gregor's history is dark and filled with blood. As a young boy, eleven or twelve years old, he caused his brother Sandor's facial scars by holding the younger boy's face to a hot brazier as punishment for playing with a toy he had discarded. Their father spread the story that the injuries were caused by bedding that had caught fire.
Four years later, Gregor was knighted by Prince Rhaegar Targaryen, presumably prior to the tourney of Harrenhal. There were rumors that Gregor killed his father, sister, and his first two wives. His keep is said to be a grim place where servants vanish unaccountably and even the dogs are afraid to enter the halls. Gregor has committed dark things beyond count but his most infamous deed came from his service to House Lannister during Robert's Rebellion.
At the age of seventeen, Gregor was one of the first Lannister soldiers to enter King's Landing during its sack at the end of the war. He and Ser Amory Lorch scaled Maegor's Holdfast when the Lannister troops reached the Red Keep. Gregor entered the nursery of the infant Prince Aegon, son of Prince Rhaegar, and killed the baby present by dashing the boy's head against a wall. Then he raped and murdered Aegon's mother, Princess Elia, supposedly with the boy's blood and brains still on his hands.

RP example:
He was huge, the biggest man that Eddard Stark had ever seen. Robert Baratheon and his brothers were all big men, as was the Hound, and back at Winterfell there was a simpleminded stableboy named Hodor who dwarfed them all, but the knight they called the Mountain That Rides would have towered over Hodor. He was well over seven feet tall, closer to eight, with massive shoulders and arms thick as the trunks of small trees. His huge destrier seemed a pony in between his armored legs, and the lance he carried looked as small as a broom handle, betraying its own large size.
The massive warhorse stomped it's feet on the ground, kicking up bits and pieces of soil and flinging them behind it. The clanking of heavy steel emanated as Gregor adjusted himself, gripping his Lance tightly in his clenched fist. Beneath his great helm, he glared with his dark eyes at this opponent of his, Ser Hugh of the Vale. And so he waited for the signal from the king to commence, all while thinking of the best way to humiliate this smaller, lesser man.

Notes: Various minor characters killed by Gregor Clegane. Definitely Sandor Clegane.
Last edited by Das Stahlreich on Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:42 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Eraus
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eraus » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:04 am

Name: Roose Bolton
House: House Bolton
Titles: Lord of the Dreadfort and head of House Bolton
House Seat: Dreadfort
House Sigil:

Allegiance paid to: Starks
Appearance (Picture appreciated):

Personality: Though mild-mannered, Roose is cold, patient, calculating, and capable of great cruelty.
Skills: He possesses a cold cunning, a skill for strategy, a calculating nature and a decent fighter
Weaponry (If any): Roose often wears black ringmail and a spotted pink cloak. He also owns a suit of dark grey plate armor over a quilted tunic of blood-red leather. Its rondels are shaped like human heads whose mouths are open in agony. Its helmet has streamers of red silk which flutter in the wind. With it is usually a pink woolen cloak embroidered with droplets of blood. He carries with him two swords which look quiet regular
[b]Military Strength:
4-5K
Biography: (At least two well written paragraphs please):
Lord Roose fought at the Battle of the Trident during Robert's Rebellion. When Ser Barristan Selmy, seriously wounded, was brought before Robert Baratheon, Roose counselled that they should kill him. Robert ignored Roose and spared Barristan's life, sending his own maester to tend to his wounds Roose also helped to suppress the Greyjoy's Rebellion.

His second wife was Bethany Ryswell, with whom he had one son survive the cradle, Domeric. In 297 AC, Domeric died of a "bad belly." Lord Bolton privately attributes his heir's death to poisoning by his bastard son, Ramsay Snow. Having no other trueborn heirs, Roose brought Ramsay to the Dreadfort but is not believed to have acknowledged him. Roose is a widower as Bethany died of a fever. He had also had another Bastard which he brought home after Ramsey, Rodrik Snow

RP Example: Game of Thrones Century of Blood, Game of Thrones King who bore the sword
Notes: Ramsey Snow, Rodrik Snow (I'll make an App for Rodrik since he's a Custom char), All my vassals

Name: Rodrik Snow
House: House Bolton
Titles: N.A
House Seat: Dreadfort
House Sigil: Rodrik despises the Bolton Sigil even though he uses the inverted Bastard sigil
Allegiance paid to: Bolton, Starks
Appearance (Picture appreciated): Tall with a lean build, He has long light brown hair which he likes to place in a ponytail and pale-green eyes.
Personality: Due to being raised by the Bolton's master-at-arms and spending years as a ward in Winterfell Rodrik became different from the rest of his family, Those who know him and tell the stark difference between his brother and him. While not honorable in battle he understands that those whom are dishonorable in life shall face the gods wrath, He is smart, impulsive, observant and slightly arrogant
Skills: He is a capable horseback rider and is well practiced in fighting with a sword, He also understands how to survive in a world full of intrigue and deceit. He is quite the charming person thanks to his need to talk and convince people he is not the average bolton
Weaponry (If any): Rodrik wears the Northern Noble Armor which many lords wear although he also owns a Black Plate Armor, He usually carries two swords but during a war he is likely to carry a sword and shield with him. One of his swords has a human head on the pommel which seems to be in pain/agony as well as the same head being on his shield
Military Strength: N/A
Biography: WIP
RP Example: Above
Notes: (Please put here any ancillary characters you will likely play as, for example, Tywin Lannister would probably control Jaime, Hoster Tully would also control Brynden Tully, Robert and Stannis etc etc. Keep in mind your ancillary characters can still be apped by other nations.)
Last edited by Eraus on Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:07 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.56
Pro: Islam,USA, US Military, Capitalism, Freedom,Democratic Party
Against: ISIS, Trump, Far Right Conservatives

Jhet
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jhet » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:17 am

The Valyria Empire wrote:You didn't have to list the high lords of the Reach. We pretty much know that the Reach can make about 100,000 if everybody answers the call. Either way, it's very unique and stylish.

Its so anyone who picks up a Reach house knows vaguely where they stand (and if they take a custom then it will have to fit into one of the PB's "area"). Means that Ser Gary the Lord of Humongous Hall isn't made to be a rival to any of the real powers in the region or brings into question why Ashford is powerful if their vassal is three times their size.

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:00 am

Name: Stannis Baratheon
House: House Baratheon of Dragonstone
Titles: Lord of Dragonstone, Master of Ships
House Seat:
House Sigil:
Allegiance paid to: House Baratheon of King's Landing
Appearance:
Personality: His brothers are known to describe him as stubborn, cynical, resentful, bitter, totally lacking in charisma, and serious. Stannis is famous for his iron will and strong sense of justice and duty.
Skills: One of the best military commanders in Westeros, able in terms of both ground warfare and naval warfare as well as amphibious assault. Skilled fighter, albeit not the extent of his elder brother.
Weaponry: High-quality sword and armour as befits the Lord of Dragonstone and a member of the royal family. Nothing flashy, just top standard and reliable.
Military Strength: 5,000 men, 170 ships
Biography: All men know him for the trueborn son of Steffon Baratheon, Lord of Storm’s End, by his lady wife Cassana of House Estermont. Stannis is the second of the three Baratheon brothers, older than Renly, younger than Robert. Growing up, Stannis found himself to always be in Robert's shadow. Robert was stronger, taller, a better fighter, more charismatic, even besting him at hawking. This envy of Robert would be a recurring theme throughout his life.

When Stannis was fourteen, his parents left for Essos to find a wife for his cousin, Rhaegar Targaryen. However, upon their return, the ship smashed against the rocks in the Shipbreaker Bay and both Lord Baratheon and Lady Estermont drowned. Both Stannis and Robert witnessed this event, which destroyed any faith Stannis had in the Seven. Robert returned to the Vale soon after, where he was being fostered by Lord Jon Arryn. Stannis would not see Robert again until the rebellion against King Aerys II.

Following the outbreak of Robert's Rebellion, Stannis was torn. Should he support his brother (and liege), or his King? In the end Stannis chose to back Robert, holding the ancestral Baratheon seat of Storm's End for a year in Robert's name whilst besieged by the Tyrell army and the Redwyne Fleet. The small garrison held out under arduous conditions, having to eat their horses, cats, and dogs, whilst the Lords of the Reach could be seen feasting beyond their walls. Stannis maintained discipline, as well as dealing with rations, though Storm's End would have fallen if not for the timely arrival of smuggler Davos Seaworth and his supply of onions and salt fish. This allowed the garrison to hold out until Eddard Stark came south from King's Landing to relieve the siege. However, despite his crucial role in holding the castle and preventing the Tyrell host from joining Rhaegar's army, Robert gave Stannis no thanks, only to Ned for lifting the siege. Stannis meanwhile rewarded the smuggler by making him a landed knight and taking him into his service, after punishing Davos for his former ways.

Stannis would go on to take command of the Royal Fleet and take Dragonstone for Robert, the last bastion of the Targaryen loyalists. Though again Stannis was not commended for his success, but instead blamed by Robert for allowing the Targaryen children Viserys and the newly born Daenerys to be smuggled away, despite this having been done before Stannis' fleet even set sail.

Stannis was made a member of King Robert's new small council, appointed as Master of Ships. But Robert again slighted him by naming Stannis as Lord of Dragonstone, as opposed to the wealthier and more powerful seat of Storm's End, the traditional Baratheon lands, which instead went to their younger brother Renly. This was in spite of Stannis telling Robert multiple time that he believed Storm's End to be his by right. Further insult was made when arranging a marriage with House Florent in the Reach to keep the Tyrells in line, Robert selected the ugly Selyse to be Stannis' bride, before breaking in his marriage bed by bedding her more attractive cousin Delena on the day of the wedding. This lead to Robert's only acknowledged bastard, Edric Storm. Stannis insisted the boy was a slight on his wife's house and had him sent away to Storm's End with Renly. Despite this, Stannis continued to serve Robert loyally, again taking charge of the Royal Fleet during Greyjoy's Rebellion, defeating Victarion Greyjoy and the Iron Fleet off Fair Isle as well as subduing Great Wyk for Robert.

Throughout Robert's reign Stannis continued to work closely with the Hand, Jon Arryn, to hold the Seven Kingdoms together while Robert ate, drank, hunted, and whored. Eventually Stannis started to suspect that Cersei's three children were in fact not fathered by Robert. Aware of how opportunist it would seem, considering who would be the heir if it were true, he did not tell Robert, instead telling Jon Arryn and the two started to investigate this. But when Jon suddenly died, Stannis was convinced that the Lannisters had him killed. Further irritated that Robert was going North to ask Ned Stark to be Hand as opposed to himself, Stannis left for Dragonstone, taking most of the Royal Fleet with him.

Stannis now resides on Dragonstone, brooding and gathering men and ships in preparation for whatever the Lannisters plan. Recently a Red Priestess has arrived on the island, preaching a strange Essosi religion and claiming Stannis is some kind of religious figure.
RP Example: Here.
Notes: Shireen Baratheon, Selyse Florent, Davos Seaworth, Melisandre, all vassals. Also Renly Baratheon if possible, will make an app for him if allowed.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:45 am

Stannis and Roose are Accepted

Clegane will be accepted once an RP example whether by link, or added in spoilers is fine.

Eraus
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eraus » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:02 am

Val, I want to see if you'd be willing to be the Ward of Rodrik possibly? Since in Awoiaf it says " Fosterage helps to establish loyalty and ties between Houses and has a similar effect that an arranged marriage has between Houses, also based on dynastic or alliance calculations. Noble bastards are also commonly fostered"

And I want one of my bastards to be pro-stark and I can tell you for sure Ramsey ain't lel. Since Rodrik is around the same age( Year older) as Robb he'd likely be nearing the end of it as he's reaching the age of being a man
Last edited by Eraus on Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.56
Pro: Islam,USA, US Military, Capitalism, Freedom,Democratic Party
Against: ISIS, Trump, Far Right Conservatives

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:06 am

Eraus wrote:Val, I want to see if you'd be willing to be the Ward of Rodrik possibly? Since in Awoiaf it says " Fosterage helps to establish loyalty and ties between Houses and has a similar effect that an arranged marriage has between Houses, also based on dynastic or alliance calculations. Noble bastards are also commonly fostered"

And I want one of my bastards to be pro-stark and I can tell you for sure Ramsey ain't lel. Since Rodrik is around the same age as Robb he'd likely be nearing the end of it as he's reaching the age of being a man

Sure, he can be at Winterfell with Robb and Theon.

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:18 am

The Valyria Empire wrote:
Eraus wrote:Val, I want to see if you'd be willing to be the Ward of Rodrik possibly? Since in Awoiaf it says " Fosterage helps to establish loyalty and ties between Houses and has a similar effect that an arranged marriage has between Houses, also based on dynastic or alliance calculations. Noble bastards are also commonly fostered"

And I want one of my bastards to be pro-stark and I can tell you for sure Ramsey ain't lel. Since Rodrik is around the same age as Robb he'd likely be nearing the end of it as he's reaching the age of being a man

Sure, he can be at Winterfell with Robb and Theon.

Can I be Theon?

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:25 am

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:Sure, he can be at Winterfell with Robb and Theon.

Can I be Theon?

Since you claimed Greyjoy you may control all of House Greyjoy minus Euron. I'll be making an app for Robb just in case Eddard dies.
Name: Eddard "Ned"
House: Stark
Titles: Lord of Winterfell, Lord Paramount of the North, Warden of the North, and Hand of the King
House Seat: Winterfell
House Sigil:

Allegiance paid to: Baratheon of King's Landing
[b]Appearance (Picture appreciated):

Personality: Famously known for his unwavering sense of honor and justice. Eddard is a man who is kind to those who are close to him and is merciful. However he can be quite cold and reserved when dealing with unknown people (Southerners) or his enemies.
Skills: An excellent swordman and commander. Eddard is excellent at leading and is proficient in the state of administrative.
Weaponry (If any): Castle forged Longsword, The Valyrian Steel Greatsword Ice
Military Strength: 45,000 if all are called
Biography:
Eddard was the second born son to Rickard Stark and Lyarra Stark. Eddard was fostered by Lord Jon Arryn at the Eyrie from the age of eight. There, Eddard befriended his fellow ward, Robert Baratheon, while Lord Jon became like a second father to him. When he reached the age of sixteen, Eddard was a man grown, and divided his time between Winterfell and the Eyrie.

Eddard would attend the Tourney of Harrenhal where he would dance with Ashara Dayne. He would also meet one of his trusted friends second only to Robert, Howland Reed. Following his brother and father's execution and demand for his own and Robert's he would raise his banner in Rebellion along side Robert. He would partake in the Battle of the Balls, then he would travel to Riverrun where he would marry Catelyn Tully. Eddard participated in the Battle of the Trident and following Robert's injuries traveled to King's Landing to take the capital.

It was here that Eddard saw the dishonor of the Lannister, as they had tricked the forces and Jaime had slain the King. While Robert applauded the Lannisters, this caused a rift between the two that would not be mended till after the Rebellion.

Following the capture of King's Landing, Eddard traveled to Storm's End to lift the siege then with six companions arrived at the Tower of Joy. There he met Ser Arthur Dayne, Ser Gerold Hightower and Ser Arthur Went. Of the seven men, only Eddard and Howland Reed would survive the battle. Eddard would find Lyanna dying, where she would make him swear a promise. The shared grief over Lyanna's death would bring Robert and Eddard back together as friends.

Eddard returned to Winterfell with a bastard son, Jon Snow. He would continue to rule in the North and for the next fourteen years would serve justly and honorably. He would have five children with Cat.

Now Eddard is in King's Landing, where he hopes to solve the mysterious death of Jon Arryn and serve his King, and good friend Robert.

RP Example:
Notes: Catelyn Tully, Sansa, Arya, Brandon and Rickson Stark, Jon Snow
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

NewLakotah
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:37 pm

Name:Rickard Karstark
House: House Karstark
Titles:Lord of Karhold
House Seat: Karhold

House Sigil:(Picture required or description)
Allegiance paid to: House Stark
Appearance: (Picture appreciated):

Personality: Tough, aggressive, yet loyal and one of the major bannermen to House Stark
Weaponry (If any): Broadsword.
Military Strength: 300 horse and 2,000 foot can be levied.
Biography:: Rickard Karstrak, along with all of the Karstarks, can trace back their ancestry to the First Men. They are a branch off of the Starks, their bloodlines intermixing over a thousand years ago. Both of these bloodlines and heritages have given the House much pride, honor and influence. While not a major house, and certainly not the largest, they are one of the most loyal and one of the strongest bannermen of the North, loyal to the House Stark.

Rickard Stark was born at Karhold, like most of the Karstark family. He was named after none other than Rickard Stark himself. This would only foreshadow his inevitable loyalty, courage and duty that he served with in service to the House Stark. He fought side by side with Eddark Stark in Robert's Rebellion, fighting in the Battle of the Trident, the battle that ultimately secured the throne for Robert Baratheon, as one of Eddark Stark's lead bannermen. This support has given much pride to the Karstark, as well as being one of the strongest of the Noble Houses of the North, under House Stark. The Karstarks have always been known to be highly loyal to the Stark House, something that remains strong today, as tensions brewing South, leave many to feel nervous about the future, including Rickard Karstark himself, and the future of his House and of the North.
RP Example:
Republics of Dust
Rise of Mutants
Notes: Harrion, Torrhen, Eddard, Alys
Skills: Strong warrior, hot-headed.
"How smooth must be the language of the whites, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right." ~~ Black Hawk, Sauk

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." ~~ Tecumseh

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Great Franconia and Verana
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:21 pm

If anyone *cough* One of the Five Kings *cough* wants to talk with Done shoot me a tg.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:55 pm

House Name: Brude
House Sigil:

House Words: We Shall Bide
Allegiance Paid to: Stark's of Winterfell
House Seat: Lake's Bane
Lake's Bane

Approx Number of military at command: 1250 Foot, 200 Horse
History of the House:
House Brude is a clan from the Northern Mountains, and in ancient history reigned over the Northern Mountain Clans as the Kings of Snow and Frost, before being subjugated by Edwyn "the Spring King" Stark, the King of Winter. The head of their clan is known as "the Brude". The Brude Clan harbours a deep resentment for House Bolton, due to an event in 81 AC known as "the Massacre at Lake's Bane", where Bolton forces assaulted the Brude clan's ancestral home in retaliation for Addam Brude (known as "the Lover") eloping with Aemma, the daughter of Lord Bolton. The Bolton's massacred three generations of Brude clansmen, leaving only the young Robert Brude (later known as "the Lion of the North") alive. Robert, Addam's third son, was lucky enough to have recently been made a ward of the Paynes in the Westerlands, and thus avoided the massacre. Dejected, he refused to return to the North out of grief, and spent thirteen years in self imposed exile as a ward of the Paynes.

94 AC: At the age of 24, while joining the Paynes for a small celebration at Casterly Rock, Robert saved the son of Lord Tymond Lannister from drowning. As a reward Tymond loaned him enough men to retake Lake's Bane. The Starks did not stop him from his quest, as they were busy dealing with the difficulties of King Jaehaerys granting the Night's Watch the New Gift, and it helped to weaken their rivals, the Boltons. The Boltons relinquished the castle after a small skirmish, as they had already emptied the coffers and taken everything of value. Upon returning to Lake's Bane, Robert discovered that his family and been flayed upon death, while their family crypt had been vandalized. This enraged him greatly, and he vowed that his descendants would one day have revenge on the Boltons. Robert proceeded to change his House words to "We Shall Bide". The skins still remain in the vaults of Lake's Bane. Robert married a member of house Payne, and had two sons, Addam (the Unlucky) and Robert (the Stern). Robert also changed the family's sigil, from a Red Saltire over Yellow, to a Blue Lion on White, in deference to the Lannisters for their aid. After retaking Lake's Bane Robert became known as Robert the Survivor, as well as "the Lion of the North." During his time in the south of Westeros Robert the Survivor adopted the Faith of the Seven, and ever since then it has been a faith held by some of the descendants of Robert, though many still keep the Faith of the Old Gods.

196 AC: during the First Blackfyre Rebellion, Ser Bernarr "the Black Lion" Brude rode south to support Ser Daemon Blackfyre for the Throne of Westeros, and also to avoid participation in the Skagosi Rebellion, as his mother, the wife of Lord Robert the Stern, was Skagosi. Ser Bernarr perished at the Battle of the Red Grass Field. The Lordship of Lake's Bane was passed on to Bernarr's youngest brother, Willam the Lucky. His middle brother, Robert the Outcast, was passed over due to him marrying a bastard.

226: Robert the Rending, Successor of Willam the Lucky, dies at the Battle of Long Lake alongside his good-brother, Rolph Tallhart. He is succeeded by his eldest son, Robert the Cautious (also known as "the Rueful")

260: Robert the Cautious' brother and uncle, Bernarr the Brave and Willam the Warrior, respectively, perish during the War of the Ninepenny Kings.

283: Robert the Cautious' youngest son, Rickard the Rageling dies during Robert's Rebellion, alongside his good-brother, Jon Flint. Robert the Cautious' daughter, Elissa Flint (nee Brude) throws herself to her death out of sorrow.

293: Robert the Cautious dies and is succeeded by his eldest son, and current Lord of Lake's Bane, Robert the Handsome. He is also survived by three other sons, fourteen grandchildren, and thirteen great grandchildren

Name: Robert
House: Brude
Titles: Lord of Lake's Bane, the Brude, the Handsome
House Sigil:

Allegiance paid to: Starks of Winterfell
Appearance:

Personality: Robert is cunning and patient. He, like his forebears, harbour a great hatred of the Boltons, though he tries to disguise it in the presence of them. He is known as stoic, and just among the other mountain clans. He has a great love for history, and has learned caution and tactics through study of historical military commanders, as well as from his father, who was noted for his patience.
Skills:-Fair Swordsman
-Good Tactician
-Fair Administrator
-Good Leader
Weaponry: Great Sword, Arming Sword
Military Strength: 1250 Foot, 200 Horse
Biography:
Robert grew up hunting and ice climbing in the mountains of the North. He learned from a young age that the world was harsh and unforgiving, living through many brutal winters in the mountains. He experienced great loss when he was seventeen and heard the news that both his uncle and great-uncle had died in the step stones. He experienced a close death again with the death of his youngest sibling, Rickard the Rageling, during Robert's Rebelllion.

He has been described as handsome even into his middle age, in spite of his hair whitening and face wrinkling. Thus far he has been known as an adequate lord over his lands, and is known for his just decisions by many of the mountain clansmen. He is equal parts proud and annoyed with two of his sons, Robert the Tall and Edwyn the Ambitious, both have shown a penchant for leadership and battle, as well as administration. Though Robert often spends his spare time whoring and has consistently insisted on raising his bastards at Lake's Bane, while Edwyn refuses to marry, following the death of his lover. He is most proud of his second son, Ilyn, though he is terrible at politicking and administration, he is one of the best swordsmen of Robert's his sons (second only to his eldest brother, Robert the Tall), and shows a great penchant for military leadership.

RP Example: A Feast for Crows
Notes:
Robert "the Handsome" Brude (b. 243 AC) + Alannys Karstark (252-269)
-Leana Brude (b. 269)
Robert "the Handsome" Brude (b. 243 AC) + Margaery Crowl (254-292)
-Elissa Brude (b. 270) + Erik "Eel Spear" Norrey (b. 268)
--Margaery Norrey (284-290)
--Argella Norrey (b. 297)
-Tanda Brude (b. 273)
-Robert "the Tall" Brude (b. 274) + Elissa Marsh (277-296)
--Margaery Brude (b. 296)
-Robert "the Tall" Brude (b. 274) + Beth Burley (b. 284)
--Daven Brude (b. 298)
--Jon Brude (b. 298)
-Robert "the Tall" Brude (b. 274) + Various Women
--Robert Snow (b. 288)
--Walton Snow (b. 289)
--Margaery Snow (b. 290)
--Beth Snow (b. 292)
--Catelyn Snow (b. 292)
--Tanda Snow (b. 293)
--Ilyn Snow (b. 295)
--Edwyn Snow (b. 298)
-Ilyn "the Lion Knight" Brude (b. 276)
-Edwyn "the Ambitious" Brude (b. 279) + Elissa Stane (279-293)
--Alester "the Eversmiling" Snow (b. 293)
--Tommard "the Mute" Snow (b. 293)
-Mary Brude (b. 282) + Ilyn "the Hellion" Crowl (b. 280)
--Jon "the Young Hellion" Crowl (b. 298)
-Margaery Brude (b. 283)
-Tommard "True Axe" Brude (b. 284)
-Alester "Ice Hammer" Brude (b. 285)
-Beth Brude (b. 286)
-Matilda Brude (b. 287)

Willam "the Woeful" Brude (b. 250 AC) + Beth Wull (255-271)
-Willam "the Honourable" Brude (b. 271)

Jon "the Sharp" Brude (b. 252 AC) + Margaret (d. 281)
-Robert "the White Lion" Snow (b. 281) + Helicent Whitehill (b. 283)

Bernarr "the Jolly" Brude (b. 253) + Alyssa Cassel (259-276)
-Jon "the Kind Lion" Brude (b. 276) + Donella Overton (b. 281)

Maester "Old" Willam Snow (b. 238)

Name: Tommard "True Axe" Brude
House: Brude
Titles: N/A
House Sigil:

Allegiance paid to: Starks of Winterfell
Appearance (Picture appreciated):

Personality: Tommard is loyal to his family and to the Starks, but can be brash. He is usually humble and resigned to his position as fourth son, but at times can be arrogant and hot-headed like his elder brother, Edwyn. Like most of his family he harbours an anger and dislike towards the Boltons.
Skills:-Good Warrior
-Fair Archer
-Fair Rider
-Good Survival Skills
Weaponry (If any): Battle Axe, Long Sword, Dirk, Spear, Weirwood Bow
Military Strength: None
Biography:
Tommard was the fourth born son of Robert the Handsome. From a young age he and his brother Alester would often sneak out of the castle to climb the surrounding mountains and hills to go hunting. He grew rather quickly and from a young age had broad shoulders and strong arms. He has preferred to use axes as his primary weapon, ever since he first began learning how to fight.

At the age of 8 his father sent him to become a ward of the Starks in order to increase relations. When he first left he was sad to leave his home and his best friend and brother, Alester. However he has grown used to Winterfell and has come to see the Starks as a second family and looks up to both Jon and Robb.

RP Example: A Feast for Crows
Notes:
Last edited by Warg the Immortal on Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:32 am, edited 39 times in total.
Keirsey Temperament: Mastermind/Architect (INTJ)
The Empire of Warg is a Class Z9 Nation
Emperor: Walker Alexander Ross Graves III
Crown Prince: Walker Alexander Ross Graves IV
Field Marshal: Valus Artyom Regulus Graves
Grandmaster of the Order of Algol: Booker Roland Oxley Graves
Pro: Libertarianism, LGBT, Abortion, Religious Freedom, Refugee Aid
Anti: Conservatism, Totalitarianism, SWERFs/TERFs, Theocracies
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

Collectivism score: 17%
Authoritarianism score: 17%
Internationalism score: 33%
Tribalism score: -67%
Liberalism score: 83%

Threat Level: ALPHA, BETA, GAMMA, DELTA, EPSILON

Das Stahlreich
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Das Stahlreich » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:27 pm

RP example submitted.

Kulonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kulonia » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:54 pm

Hello, Val. I'm tagging for later. Expect an app, soon. I wont be leaving anytime soon.
Had some cringy 2016 high school politics in this from 8th grade. Not what I want to be remembered for so heres an updated P&C list :)
Pro: Nationalism, Unity, Isolationism, Strong leadership, Huey Long and Longism
Anti: Racism, Corporations, Israel, Establishment politicians, FDR

Kulonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kulonia » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:34 pm

Took me forever to do this, lol.

Name: Damien Branwell
House: Branwell
Titles: Ser, Lord of Understone Keep
House Seat: Understone Keep
House Sigil:

Allegiance paid to: House Marbrand, House Lannister
[b]Appearance (Picture appreciated):

Personality: Kind, manipulative, a quick thinker, reckless and dangerous when depressed or sad.
Skills: Average warrior, above average commander, below average administrator, skilled spymaster (but not the best)
Weaponry (If any):
Shield, Lance
Military Strength: 1,200 men (700 smallfolk soldiers, 300 crossbowmen, 200 knights/cavalry)
Biography: (At least two well written paragraphs please):
Damien Branwell was born during the reign of some of the last Targaryen kings. Born to Lord Tristram Branwell and a commoner he married, Roslin, Damien grew up in the halls of Understone Keep, learning how to use a blade, crossbow, shield, and lance. Damien liked to adventure in the ruined tower in Understone, climbing what he could and playing with his father's bannerman's sons. He honed his skills to become a quick thinker as he turned thirteen. Damien was nearly 14 when the rebellion broke out. He rode with the Lannister army to King's Landing and helped the men sack the city, reluctantly. Damien's House sided with Lord Tywin for the whole war, staying neutral and then attacking. Branwell remained in Ashemark as an assistant Master-at-Arms until he was a young adult.

As Damien reached the age of twenty, his father died of an untreated wound received in battle when fighting bandits. Damien left Ashemark for Understone Keep immediately. The new Lord Branwell set up a small funeral for his father, calling all three of his bannermen-lords and his liege lords, but only the former attended. Lord Damien was knighted at the Tourney of Lannisport by a hedge knight and joined his house to become a bodyguard of Damien. The knight would later leave for the capital to join the Gold Cloaks. Branwell returned home and proposed a marriage to a merchant lord's daughter, Jeyne. The two wed and had a son, which they named Tybalt in honor of their overlords. In 297 AC, Tybalt turned thirteen, with a feast thrown for him in Understone. Jeyne would die later that year of a fever, with Tybalt being fostered at Lannisport for safekeeping, as Damien was proven to be dangerous when sad. Branwell is currently at Understone.

RP Example: "The King Who Bore the Sword" RP, Reddit GoT RP.
Notes: Tybalt Branwell (b. 284 AC) (His skills are: Average fighter, decent administrator) (His personality is wroth, cynical, and ruthless) (His weapons are a steel sword and a Branwell shield, with a smaller version of Damien's Branwell-colored Lannister armor)

House Name: House Branwell
House Sigil:

House Words: "Forever Loyal"
Allegiance Paid to: House Marbrand, House Lannister
House Seat (Map location required, picture of Castle/town appreciated):

Approx Number of military at command: 1,200 (700 smallfolk soldiers, 300 crossbowmen, 200 knights/cavalry)
History of the House (At least two well written paragraphs please): During the Conquest, a young knight by the name of Bran entered into service of Lord Marbrand. He served in the Rock's army until the Field of Fire, where he was burned by the flames of the battle. As he left Ashemark, he found work in Casterly Rock, serving the former king of the Rock, Lorent Lannister. Lorent employed Bran as a bodyguard for quite some time. Now a forgotten story, Bran saved Lorent from a bandit attack where he impaled the bandit as he pushed Lorent out of the way. Lorent, pleased with Bran's long service, granted him a large plot of forrested land near Ashemark. Bran started construction of what he called Forest Keep. At first, it was a large wooden fort, with trees being cut down daily, deforesting the lands. Bran founded House Branwell after the fort was finished. Bran died shortly after in 13 AC.

During the Dance, Lord Mycah Branwell wanted a stone castle, knowing that a wooden fort was easy pickings, being burnt down again and again. The Branwells had lost the Lannister backing after a falling-out with the current Lord Lannister. Knowing other houses would easily win in a siege or battle, Mycah had a stone castle built atop a small mountain. Mycah followed House Marbrand in the Dance. After the war was over, the keep was built. Branwell named it Understone Keep. It was shoddily built, being established in a hurry because of the war. Many miles away, still in Branwell borders, Mycah built three medium-sized towns, with around 400 eligible men in each at all times. The towns were granted to Houses Whipford, Nymerake, and Branwold, the last being a cadet branch of the Branwells. Come the Rebellion, Lord Tristram Branwell sided with Tywin Lannister throughout the entire war. During Tristram's reign as lord, a tower caved in on his mother, with the fate of Lady Branwell being predicted many years earlier by Mycah Branwell. Lord Tristram died soon after the Tourney of Lannisport. The Lordship of the House passed to Ser Damien Branwell, the only son of Tristram. The Branwolds are the only other people with Branwell blood besides Damien. The Branwells can summon 500 men on their own at their full strength.
Last edited by Kulonia on Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Had some cringy 2016 high school politics in this from 8th grade. Not what I want to be remembered for so heres an updated P&C list :)

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:07 pm

@Kulonia, How did you make the sigil for house Branwell? Was it a site?
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

Kulonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kulonia » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:17 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:@Kulonia, How did you make the sigil for house Branwell? Was it a site?

I used the Wiki of Ice and Fire's Lannister shield and Lion and used paint.net for the green and blue stripes.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:21 pm

Kulonia wrote:
Warg the Immortal wrote:@Kulonia, How did you make the sigil for house Branwell? Was it a site?

I used the Wiki of Ice and Fire's Lannister shield and Lion and used paint.net for the green and blue stripes.

This one? http://www.getpaint.net/index.html

I was trying to find a site to make a sigil for my custom house but the only good one I found has a bunch of mantling and banners that I don't want on it.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse