NATION

PASSWORD

Noheresville (Paranormal|Slice of Life|IC|Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:06 am

Dot's Diner
Erick and Monica Tilburg sat in a booth with a view of the parking lot. Monica's Chevolet parked outside. Monica stirred some black coffee with a spoon as Erick looked over the menu. He was still relatively new to the town- still trying to sample something new from the Diner with each visit.

Which wasn't often. Erick rarely got out of his house- he didn't know the folks in town. He was in a sense a man of his own prison.

Monica was looking towards the inner diner, tying to avoid the obvious questions; "How about the Klein?"

"Where is it?" Erick asked with a groggy sternness.

"Clubs." she responded with a smile, her eyes however held a slight disdain at how much he was acting like dear old dad.

Erick sat the menu down, "Something wrong?"

"No." Monica looked out the window with a scowl.

Erick sighed, "If your tired of taking me out-"

"No that's not it at all." But it was partially the problem, but the real problem was something more connected then him himself. All thought of having a good evening had faded when he exited his house- the cans in the living room where visible even from the road.

Erick like any man took the sentence to mean what it literally means rather then the subtitle context of it's tone; "Funds?"

"I don't want to talk about it."
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Faal Dovah
Envoy

Founded: May 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Faal Dovah » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:48 am

"God fucking damn thing won't start! What the hell!" the man shouted, while trying to start the boat. He was dressed in a rain hat and raincoat, with big rubber boots touching up to his ankles, the normal fisherman attire. The boat was nearly 30 years old, but worked like perfect, well.... up until now. "Why won't you work, baby, c'mon, daddy knows you can do it!" he said to the boat, giving it another try. "Fucking shit, you're broken". The bearded man sighed. "Alright, fine, I'll bring your old brother with me, don't you go anywhere!" he said, getting into his wooden rowing boat.

The bearded man, or Wilson, as some knew him, started rowing to the village. He hadn't been there in some years, but kept some hope that the general store was still open. After an hour of rowing, he arrived at the pier. The town was different from what he had seen in the earlier years. Not so many wooden houses anymore, and people dressed kind of strange for him (likewise for them). The general store was still in it's place, "Good enough" he said. Wilson walked in, picked up a few items, then headed for the fishing docks. The man there greeted him with a smile.
"Good day, what can I do for you?" the man working there said.
"I need a mechanic to fix my boat" Wilson groaned.
"We don't have anyone available right now, but I can give you some tools and someone to work with, is that alright?" the man said, while handing Wilson some tools.
"Yeah, where's the man?"
The man called the Diner to see if he was there, which, to his surprise, was.
"He's at Dot's Diner, his name is Erick, know's a few things about boats"

Wilson strolled the town for a while, looking at the modern houses. To him, they looked weird. Tall, white and not rustic at all."What happened to people liking those houses?!" Wilson wondered. He walked for a few more yards, until he saw the Diner, entering it. Wilson sat at the bar and ordered black coffee. He looked around and called out "Anyone here called Erick?"

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:49 am

Faal Dovah wrote:Wilson strolled the town for a while, looking at the modern houses. To him, they looked weird. Tall, white and not rustic at all."What happened to people liking those houses?!" Wilson wondered. He walked for a few more yards, until he saw the Diner, entering it. Wilson sat at the bar and ordered black coffee. He looked around and called out "Anyone here called Erick?"

Not today
Erick got out of the booth and stood, "Who's asking?" His expression was a grumpy one though others might find that hard to read due to the natural kindness of his continuance. Monica leaned in the booth to get a better view, her black hair nearly touching her cup of coffee. Her expression was one of concern for what would happen next. It must have been a sight though- both of them dressed almost identically and sharing the same hair and eye color.
Tomorrow is made today.

Faal Dovah
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Faal Dovah » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:50 pm

"I need someone to help me fix my boat, and your boss told me you were available" Wilson said, turning to face Erick "You have a truck? We need to get to the other side of the lake". Wilson saw the woman Erick was with and stared a little at her while taking a sip, then shifting his attention on Erick again. "You up for it, boy? I'll pay you double what your boss is". Wilson got up from his seat and walked over to Erick to offer shaking his hand in acceptance.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:48 pm

Faal Dovah wrote:"I need someone to help me fix my boat, and your boss told me you were available" Wilson said, turning to face Erick "You have a truck? We need to get to the other side of the lake". Wilson saw the woman Erick was with and stared a little at her while taking a sip, then shifting his attention on Erick again. "You up for it, boy? I'll pay you double what your boss is". Wilson got up from his seat and walked over to Erick to offer shaking his hand in acceptance.

Erick rubbed the bridge of his nose and lowered his head, whispering a damn under his breath. A brief but noticeable pause followed as he thought it over and took the mans hand. "How soon do you need the job done?" Erick asked releasing the man's hand. Monica was stunned, she didn't honestly expect Erick to take the job. It was too good.
Tomorrow is made today.

Faal Dovah
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Faal Dovah » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:20 pm

"By tomorrow" Wilson said, sipping from his coffee. He took out a cigarette from his pack and lighted it, making it sit at the end of his mouth. Despite getting several notices from the doctors that the smoking was slowly killing his lungs, he didn't care. Ever since he became a widower, nothing mattered to him except the lake and woods in which he grew up. "You got a truck, boy? You didn't yet answer my question"

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:35 pm

Faal Dovah wrote:"By tomorrow" Wilson said, sipping from his coffee. He took out a cigarette from his pack and lighted it, making it sit at the end of his mouth. Despite getting several notices from the doctors that the smoking was slowly killing his lungs, he didn't care. Ever since he became a widower, nothing mattered to him except the lake and woods in which he grew up. "You got a truck, boy? You didn't yet answer my question"

Erick was a tad frustrated at having the term boy used to describe him a second time and it frustrated Monica as well. "I'll-"

Monica interrupted, "I've got a truck, we can follow you back to your place." she said standing. There was something about this man even she didn't like, which was likely agitated by the 'smoke' itch she had. Even after this time it was hard not to smoke.
Tomorrow is made today.

Faal Dovah
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Faal Dovah » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:43 pm

"Okay, I'm good with that" Wilson said, going to the cashier and paying. He threw the finished cigarette in the trash and went outside, through the door. "Now, where's your truck?" he exclaimed to Monica and Erick while picking up his tools "And who's gonna ride in the back, because I'm drivin' ". Wilson didn't want them to know where he lived. He had trouble in the past running into cops. So much so that he got an eviction notice from not paying his electricity bill. He didn't want this sort of trouble again, and wasn't about to risk it.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:52 pm

Faal Dovah wrote:"Okay, I'm good with that" Wilson said, going to the cashier and paying. He threw the finished cigarette in the trash and went outside, through the door. "Now, where's your truck?" he exclaimed to Monica and Erick while picking up his tools "And who's gonna ride in the back, because I'm drivin' ". Wilson didn't want them to know where he lived. He had trouble in the past running into cops. So much so that he got an eviction notice from not paying his electricity bill. He didn't want this sort of trouble again, and wasn't about to risk it.

Monica's had it. "Ohh No! Not my car." She pointed to her self with her thumb, "Only I drive that car!" By that point Erick had made up her mind that this was some dead beat who would probably take her car and put her in a ditch. It was also obvious that by ignoring the courteousy of simply letting them follow that he himself didn't have a car and must have walked in from who knows where.
Tomorrow is made today.

Faal Dovah
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Faal Dovah » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:24 am

"Look, woman, I don't want you knowing where I live, so either you're gonna let me drive now or later!" Wilson said, the voice and annoyance in his voice getting bigger by the end of the sentence. "And I ain't got enough space in my wooden boat to carry those tools and one of you together. I'll pay for the gasoline and any damages, if any. And if you're scared of me or something, point a gun at me while driving, so you'll feel "safer", alright?". "Godamn youth, not wanting to make a quick buck anymore like in the old days" Wilson muttered to himself.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:40 am

Faal Dovah wrote:"Look, woman, I don't want you knowing where I live, so either you're gonna let me drive now or later!" Wilson said, the voice and annoyance in his voice getting bigger by the end of the sentence. "And I ain't got enough space in my wooden boat to carry those tools and one of you together. I'll pay for the gasoline and any damages, if any. And if you're scared of me or something, point a gun at me while driving, so you'll feel "safer", alright?". "Godamn youth, not wanting to make a quick buck anymore like in the old days" Wilson muttered to himself.

"A boat? How are we suppose to drive to your place if you need a boat to get there and we- ernt-." Monica marched out the door by that point with a brief look towards Erick. Erick held a finger up to indicate that Wilson should wait as he stepped outside towards the car and put his hands on the door where the window was rolled down, "Give me the axe".

"I'm not letting you go off with that man!" Monica shouted as she began to crank up the car.

Erick repeated, "Give me the axe."

The car began to choke. Monica pounded her fist on the wheel. "I'm not giving you the axe!"

"Give me the damn Axe."

The car continued to choke.

"My god damn gun you stubborn bi-!"

Monica grabbed the thing in her hand by the chamber rather then the handle or barrel and thrust it out the window. The car cranked up as she began to pull away furious at what had transpired.

Erick slipped the gun under his belt walked inside, "Let's go."
Tomorrow is made today.

Faal Dovah
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Faal Dovah » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:53 am

"For fuck's sake" Wilson sighed. "What the hell is wrong with her?!" he said towards Erick as they began walking on the road."Look, I only want my boat repaired and all that, boy. I'm going to pay you if I caused any trouble between you and your girlfriend. My cabin's deep within the forest and we'll have to take a shortcut through the woods, alright boy?" Wilson said, while stepping off the road into the thick bushes

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:00 am

Faal Dovah wrote:"For fuck's sake" Wilson sighed. "What the hell is wrong with her?!" he said towards Erick as they began walking on the road."Look, I only want my boat repaired and all that, boy. I'm going to pay you if I caused any trouble between you and your girlfriend. My cabin's deep within the forest and we'll have to take a shortcut through the woods, alright boy?" Wilson said, while stepping off the road into the thick bushes

Erick took a deep breath as they walked on the road. "Your paying me regardless and she's not my girlfriend- she's my sister." he said still frustrated at the whole thing. He'd bothered to ask her out to eat to get away from it all for a while. But all that did was emphasis how much of an ass the world is.
Tomorrow is made today.

Faal Dovah
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Faal Dovah » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:20 am

"Whatever you say, boy" Wilson replied while looking at the trees, trying to find the path. After a bit of walking, they arrived at the cabin. The old wooden cabin was not in a good condition. It looked like it was gonna fall at any moment. "That's the boat" Wilson motioned towards an old and rusty fishing vessel. He opened the box of tools and took out a wrench and worked on the motor that was powering it. "Why don't you give me a hand and try to give it a key, boy?"

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:37 am

Faal Dovah wrote:"Whatever you say, boy" Wilson replied while looking at the trees, trying to find the path. After a bit of walking, they arrived at the cabin. The old wooden cabin was not in a good condition. It looked like it was gonna fall at any moment. "That's the boat" Wilson motioned towards an old and rusty fishing vessel. He opened the box of tools and took out a wrench and worked on the motor that was powering it. "Why don't you give me a hand and try to give it a key, boy?"

"Come again?" Erick asked, unsure of what the man meant by 'give it a key'. He'd never been around this boat nor place to know where a key was to put into the ignition and it seemed odd that the man had the tools, and based on having gotten started, already knew how to repair the boat. What was even stranger was that despite not wanting him to know where his house was the man had made no attempt to hide where they where going aside from a few confusing turns in the forest that indeed have Erick pondering how he got here- it was obviously on the other side the lake but he wouldn't know how to walk here- let alone how to get back into town. He couldn't even see a road for a car to have followed.
Tomorrow is made today.

Faal Dovah
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Faal Dovah » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:59 am

"Go into the main of the ship and you'll see a key in there in the ignition, like a car would have" Wilson said, pointing at the inside room of the vessel. "On the count of 3, give it a key, alright boy?" He said, counting to 3 in the next moments. The boat roared as it started, expressing it's age with the loads of black fumes it gave out. "Hell fucking yeah!" Wilson exclaimed, throwing his hands up in happiness."Alright boy, I'm gonna go fetch the money, you just wait right there" he said with a slight devilish grin. Some minutes passed, but Wilson did not come out, neither did the cabin made a noise.
Last edited by Faal Dovah on Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:28 pm

Richard Hanlon was not a stupid man. Nor was he so daft as to believe that he could take down whatever the fuck kind of animal just killed his friend Peter. It was supposed to be a simple hunting trip, nab a couple deer, be back for dinner. But no, he knew he should've believed in those old ghost stories his family told, listened when they said the woods up here had weird shit in them. He stumbled, landing hard on the ground, he kept his death grip on his rifle, no way in hell was he letting it go. Not after seeing what was after them.

It looked like a person, a woman, more specifically, but the last time he checked blue eyes didn't glow, and people can't pull arms straight out of their sockets.

Footsteps.

Wheeling around he aimed the AR-10 in his grasp at the thing that wanted him dead. He got two shots off before the gun was kicked from his grasp and the thing dove for his neck. His last moment was giving out as blood curdling scream. One that would be easily heard by the two men fixing the old boat.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:34 pm

Krugeristan wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:
Stella Walker

"It didn't helped much, but it's an appreciated one," replied Stella. She curiously reminded herself about whether or not it's fine to asks people around about whatever information they know about in this case. "Thanks for your help, sir. Anyway, you have something to do after this shopping? I was wondering if you know someone in your house, or in your neighborhood, who knows a thing or two about this case."

"I don't have anything to do when I'm done here. Just going home. There's no one else in my house other than my cat, and I really don't know anyone here. I would suggest looking around in the wooded areas, though. I've seen several suspicious-looking people go in there, most recently . . . oh, what was it . . . a Chevrolet. A rather creepy-looking woman was driving it."

Stella Walker

"Everything is very appreciated here, sir. Information is the new prices for this digital age. Without intel, we may go in blindly," she darkly expressed it. "Thank you for the help, I'll let you know on the progress," as she nodded and slipped out after paying on the cashier. She brought on her groceries and about to go to the precinct back.

She dropped off on the precinct, and went on patrol. Nice and easy, seems like an easy job to do. Well, so far. Hopefully nothing's bad.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:01 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Krugeristan wrote:
"I don't have anything to do when I'm done here. Just going home. There's no one else in my house other than my cat, and I really don't know anyone here. I would suggest looking around in the wooded areas, though. I've seen several suspicious-looking people go in there, most recently . . . oh, what was it . . . a Chevrolet. A rather creepy-looking woman was driving it."

Stella Walker

"Everything is very appreciated here, sir. Information is the new prices for this digital age. Without intel, we may go in blindly," she darkly expressed it. "Thank you for the help, I'll let you know on the progress," as she nodded and slipped out after paying on the cashier. She brought on her groceries and about to go to the precinct back.

She dropped off on the precinct, and went on patrol. Nice and easy, seems like an easy job to do. Well, so far. Hopefully nothing's bad.

Well, what a nice lady. Junipar picked up his bags as the officer left. At least she didn't assume he did anything wrong, which he hadn't, considering he had been here a few years and still didn't go out to meet people. He was still assuming that everyone thought of him what his schoolmates thought of him--that he was "ditzy" and had no idea what went on around him. At least he got enjoyment out of taking care of all the dogs and cats and rabbits in the shelter.

He was heading home when he heard gunshots, and his first thought was that it was just a hunter, but another part of him wondered if it was something else . . . maybe the creepy woman he mentioned earlier (then again, everyone here seemed creepy to him).
Pro: Trump, Assad, Putin, guns, death penalty, Israel, religion, chocolate, me
Anti: Obama, Clinton, Stalin, Hitler, Communism, ISIS, gay marriage, stupid people, drugs, FSA

This 10,000 [insert random thing here] genocide thing is a meme, right?

The Best of Assad in 2016

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:00 am

Anowa wrote:Richard Hanlon, his death, and the creature who killed him.

Stella Walker

On patrol, she was strolled around inside her car, when someone waved for her to came upon him. Oh, it's one of the citizens here. "Yes?" she asked. "I heard gunshots, at the forest!"

Gunshots? It would be a normal thing. But I think there's something much more...

"Well, can you lead me to the direction of the gunshot?" said Stella, as she put the car on parking lot and looked for her equipment. Pistol and standard equipment, walkie talkie too. He pointed to the direction and after thanked him about it, she ran towards the direction until she reached the border of the forest, and the town.

"Well, here goes nothing," she pulled out her pistol, and walked slowly and carefully towards the forest.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse