NATION

PASSWORD

The Y-Documents - IC - Episode 1

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

The Y-Documents - IC - Episode 1

Postby Harkback Union » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:28 am

The Y-Documents

Portal to OOC

Episode 1
- A Call From Hell -

October 22nd, 1957

Washington D. C.

Charlie White

After receiving the keys to his new office on the top floor of the Department of Justice building, his new badge and gun, Agent White was instructed to head to the director's office for an important meeting.

"Good Morning, Agent White"

The shady room was thick with smoke, in the middle stood an oak table with an ashtray and a sleek metal lamp, 2 chairs and a filing cabinet surrounded it from the sides. Since the shades blocked all light from the world outside, that table lamp was the only source of light in the room.

"Eh, Please, take a seat." - The man continued. - "Telford Bernstein, Director of the Y-Department. am probably not whom you expected. Your previous superior, Mr. Hoover is... as I'm sure you already know, a very busy man and he has no time to manage all these new departments springing up. Consequently, I was appointed head of this branch and will be your direct superior." - He said in a rather arrogant tone whilst putting out his cigar in the ashtray - Now, I'm sure you have many questions about your new job and our department in general, but we'll have to discuss these matters later. I trust my assistant has already showed you your office and took care of the paperwork for we have little time to spare. I have an urgent assignment for you."

The director walked over to the filing cabinet and took out several files before returning to his comfortable armchair. He then lit a cigar and opened the files...

"I hope you don't mind!"

Among the papers were the photos of 2 FBI agents. The documents were referring to an ongoing investigation.

"James Barley and Lina Escobar, 2 of my finest agents have gone on a routine mission a few days ago. They were investigating a theft from a museum in Boston, the... Athena Hall of Historic Art and tracked down the thieves to the nearby town of Gardiner. They called me on the phone from a local Motel on the 20th, during which they informed me that they have found the thieves dead and recovered the stolen artifact. That Is the last time I heard from them."

The director sat silent for a moment, contemplating the possibilities for the mysterious disappearance. In the meantime, Charlie could take a closer look at the documents.
AWARENESS SUCCESS

It would appear that the 2 missing agents signed up to the department only a month ago.

"You won't be going in alone, I requested someone from forensics to help you out. He'll meet you down in the parking lot, I didn't have time to fully brief him personally, you'll have to fill him in. The 2 of you should hit the road ASAP and head for Boston, then take Route 95 to Gardiner. Any questions? No? Good, lets get to work!"

Agent White now found himself outside the director's office. Looking out the window, he could see a man standing by a black chrysler in the middle of the parking lot. It wasn't hard to spot him... On a cold, cloudy, grey Tuesday morning few came to work, and so the parking lot was almost empty.

Dwayne Wright

The day before, Agent Wright received a call at 10 PM from his boss, the head of the forensics unit, instructing him to appear at HQ the following morning for a special assignment at the Y-Department. He was to work with a new partner on a case including missing FBI agents in New Hampshire, but he was given no further details.

When he arrived at the Department of Justice building the next morning, he received no welcome and was told to wait outside by the receptionist. After 10 minutes of wait in the entry hall, the telephone rang on the reception desk. There was no one around any more to take it and it just kept on ringing, so eventually Wright decided to pick up the phone.

"Hello, Mr. Wright, I'm Director Bernstein of the Y-Department. My apologies for the rather unusual circumstances in which we must speak, but you see, despite my best efforts to increase your clearance level, you still lack the rights to enter my part of the building and I must remain in my office for the time being. Therefore, I must brief you via phone. The reason I called you is to ask you to help one of my new agents solve his first case. He is an experienced cop but could use the help of someone skilled in forensics analysis and chemistry..."

"For the Duration of the case, You'll receive a new car from the bureau. A black Chrysler Windsor is parked outside, the doors are open and you can find the keys inside. I'll need you to wait there for your new partner to arrive and drive to New Hampshire together, he'll provide you with further details. I must go now as I'll soon have an important meeting."

"Good bye!"

Beep... Beep... Beep... Beep... Beep...

Dwayne soon found the car he was given by the agency in the parking lot.

A beautiful 1956 Chrysler Windsor, brand new and without a dent. He was expected to return it in perfect condition.

After a few more minutes of wait, he spotted a man inside the FBI wing. He was looking out a window...

Moscow
- 12 hours earlier -

Anna Petrov

The front door of the Hotel Ukrania flew open and a women carrying a poorly arranged stack of government papers rushed through, accompanied by the sound of gunfire, shouting and swearing. Some of the documents fell off as she ran down the staircase leading out of the building, they floated in the air for a second before landing on the marble stairs... She didn't bother to stop for them. The woman took a cab waiting near the entrance and left the scene. While her taxi drove away, she looked back at the hotel. Smoke and fire poured out from the Stalinist skyscraper, on the streets horrified pedestrians gathered everywhere and traffic became chaotic as emergency vehicles were speeding through intersections on their way to the premises.

Where to, comrade?

...The cab driver asked her passenger.

A few minutes earlier

Hotel Ukrania
Room 5002

"Are you sure you want to go through with this, Dmitry?"

The words were engraved on a magnetic tape...

"This is a suicide mission! There is no way you will make it out alive!"

...the officer operating the recorder took his headphones off and turned up the volume of the live feed.

"Yes Vlad. I have prepared for this moment for years. I am ready to die for the motherland."

The secret police operatives gathered around the speakers and listened closely to the sound coming though.

"Years of work Vlad, years of planning, years of waiting went into this!"

"But Dmitry, even if you succeed, they'll label you a spy, a terrorist, a traitor! Nobody in this country will believe you!"

"Perhaps, but there will be enough evidence out there to convince some... and they'll continue our work!"

The voices kept coming through the tapped phone line.

"Very well... I'll start the distraction 5 minutes from now, right after the ambassador enters the hotel lobby. Remember, don't blow your cover until you can see he has the papers! Our source might be wrong!"

"Our source must be right! She is KGB!"

The man and woman in the room looked at each other nervously, before dispersing to to gather their weapons and handheld radios.

"Good luck Dmitry..."

The line was cut off.

Svetlana & Aleksandr

Meanwhile, deep inside the insidious interior of the Lubyanka building, 2 KGB agents are receiving briefings about their latest mission from the deputy director. He operates a projector from the background, displaying various images of american towns and buildings whilst delivering his monologue. He rarely stops for a sip of coffee.

"48 hours ago, a sleeper agent in Бoston, Massachusetts has informed that he has spotted a rare and valuable artifact in a local museum. Against our direct orders, he has stolen it and fled to the countryside. We are unsure about his motives or how he managed to pull the heist off, but none the less we believe he has lost his mind. In his last coded letter, he tolд us that, and I quote "The americans have иo idea about the true power of this priceless relic!". The name of this agent is Boris Yarne, his alias is Brian Young, or agent 00127. If he has gone mad, he poses a danger to our entire north american operation!"

"Your orders are to fly to Бoston, find 00127 and if he is иo longer sane, terminate him. We would also like to know what it is exactly he stole and how. To help you on your mission, шe have prepared your papers and plane tickets. You'll fly from Moscow to Paris and theи from Paris to Boston. There, you'll have to find the head of our Massachusetts operation in the Boston Public Gardeлs. He wanders around the place everч weekday from dawn to twilight. You can't recognize him, бut he'll recognize you."

"ComЯade Kommisar!"

A scream came from outside. Suddenly, a secretary burst into the room.

"ComЯade Kommisar! You are urgently needed at the Hotel Ukrania! The order came from the... the poli... the politburo! Ambassador Nikulaenkov was shot!"

"Chert Poberi! I must leave immediately! You 2 know your mission. Report back to HQ in 7 days! Dismissed!"

And with that, the briefing was over. The officer left the room and Svetlana & Aleksandr found themselves alone in the dark hall. On the table, the director left them some papers, plane tickets and american dollars.

Montreal

Malcolm Stolarz

One evening night, whilst working on tomorrow's international news page, Stolarz stumbled upon an interesting article in the Boston globe. A mysterious artifact was stolen from a local museum and for some reason the FBI got involved, sources tell. The newspaper also mentioned the name of a small town in the US, not far from Montreal.

The following day, Stolarz found the name of that small town in another newspaper.

A chain of mysterious disappearances have Gardiner. Serial killer on the loose? Disease? Aliens abductions?

It was hard to take papers like this seriously... but then, Stolarz got a letter from an old friend living in the United States. In brief, he wrote...

"Hello Malcolm

Its your old friend, Andrew from the states! Still working for that Montreal paper, aren't you? Well...

I know this sounds crazy, but you have to pack up now and take the next train to Gardiner. I'll meet you at the train station. There is something going on here, something really strange. It would make a great story but I can't get to the bottom of it alone!

Please come as soon as you can
Andrew"

Stolarz had the remainder of this week off work, but would he really want to spend precious time chasing stories in a remote corner of the US? Well, it wasn't that far away, and he had some money saved up for trips, but still...

Winter was just around the corner...

A Call from Hell, day 1.
Last edited by Harkback Union on Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:47 am, edited 17 times in total.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:33 am

Episode Info

Locations of interest

CITY
Moscow - Paris - Washington D.C. - Montreal - Boston

TOWN
Gardiner

Cast

Charlie White - FBI

Starting Items:

250 $

Service pistol, Badge, case files.

Name: Charlie White
Role: Detective
Agency: FBI
Appearance:

Biography:

Charlie was born on a small farm in Kansas in 1922. His childhood wasn't anything extraordinary. He was the star of his local baseball team for six years running and was also a part time boxer. His grades in school were less than ideal but he did prove to be an ideal mechanic and through his teenage years was able to make money fixing peoples cars. When he was seventeen his mother disappeared before later being found dismembered in the cornfields outside his home. The killer was never found and together with his father and brother they packed their bags and moved east to New York.

It was here that he began to work for a mob that was suffering in the end of Prohibition. His criminal career lasted for two years before his entire gang was arrested by NYC PD. Charlies luck lasted and he was out at a diner when the sting happened. Remarkably none of his gang members betrayed him to the police and he was left to wander the street penniless and broke. He was later attacked while in a dark alley, the experienced stunned him and he was left incoherent for roughly three weeks. During this time he recovered from severe burns along his chest and sides along with a severe laceration across right arm.

Upon being released he was again penniless and broke. Not willing to suffer the same fate a second time he visited a local police agency and applied for the fairly new Federal Borough of Investigation. Originally he was supposed to become a simple Probationary agent but was instead given the position of Special Agent and it wasn't long before he was assigned to his new unit, the Y-Department Force. He's skeptical about the cases but is eager to begin his work.

Constitution - 5

Mind - 2

Combat - 3

Awareness - 3

Technical knowledge - 0

Occult knowledge - 0

Anna Petrov - Ex-KGB

Starting Items

Cash - 120 $

Revolver, Stolen documents, forged passport, bloody shoes, apartment keys

Name: Anna Petrov
Agency: KGB
Appearance: Short blonde hair, pale skin, and relatively thin physique (thin in a weak way, not in a physically fit sense). She wears a Russian hat with a red star in the front, a black leather jacket, and typically wears leggings and boots.
Biography: Anna was never a book smart person. Ever since she was born in that small town outside Moscow, she never had many opportunities for learning. Soviet education was poor to say the least, so Anna spent a good amount of her childhood at home, just chilling out. While her family wasn't rich, they were still rather cozy and comfortable… until the Nazis invaded. The scourge they made across the lands, as well as Russia's apparent desperation, made Anna join the military. She only barely passed the physical requirements, though she excelled in shooting proficiency. As such, she was asked to undergo specialized training to be a sniper. Without hesitation, she agreed.

During the war itself, Anna saw firsthand the horrors of war. Not only did she witness people getting shot, but also people reduced to giblets, Russian soldiers with guns pointed to the back of their heads so they won't retreat, and occasionally, Nazi success. It was all pretty jarring at first. Such gruesome sights were something to behold, but after a few years of fighting, Anna had become desensitized to it all. Death and despair were part of the norm now. With that mental barrier out of the way, Anna could focus on sniping, and sniping alone. Her aim was on point whenever she took aim, though she relied on her trusty spotter to tell her who to shoot and of any imminent dangers. Anna's awareness of her surroundings may have been poor, but with proper teamwork and communication, she was nigh-unstoppable.

After the war ended, Anna went back to her hometown outside Moscow. Now that she wasn't in the armed forces anymore, she no longer had to exercise. Anna took up a job bartending for about 9 years. The job wasn't as exciting as sniping, but it was far less work to serve people vodka (and always vodka) than to blow off people's heads from half a mile away. She made a decent life for herself, but this life of tranquility was cut short when the KGB formed. Soon after its creation, they called Anna back into service to protect Soviet interests around the world, which usually meant offing people someone didn't like. It was nothing she hadn't seen before, so she did her work without complaint. Anna never did get back in the shape she wanted, but from a thousand yards, it never really mattered.

LONG STORY SHORT: +Mind, +Combat, -Technical Knowledge, -Occult Knowledge, -Constitution, -Awareness

Constitution - 2

Mind - 3

Combat - 5

Awareness - 2

Technical Knowledge - 1
Cryptography

Occult Knowledge - 0

Aleksandr Lagounov - KGB

Starting Items

150 $

Service Pistol, Map of North-East US, Plane Tickets, Passport, old book,

Name: Aleksandr Lagounov
Appearance: Light-skinned, short, and thin with light brown hair. Usually wears heavier clothing and boots outdoors but will change to lighter clothing when the weather is nicer.
Biography: Born in Moscow, Aleksandr was never an active child. He preferred to spend his time in what libraries there were, constantly studying the books and thinking. Luckily being young he avoided having to fight in the Great Patriotic war, instead staying sheltered in Moscow. This saved him from having to see the horrors of war and allowed him to continue reading and studying. Eventually when he could he went to University. While Soviet education wasn't great, it was enough for him to learn more advanced topics.

As he spent a lot of time in educational establishments he was usually allowed to go about anywhere anytime as long as he didn't break anything and locked the place up on his way out. During this time he found a odd pattern in a series of fictional books. There was a strange symbol in each of the books, looking unfinished. While it was explained by the author as a symbol in the fiction Aleksandr still saw something weird about it. Then in a eureka moment he figured out this was actually telling him of a secret room in the library. During the night, after the staff left, he went into this secret room. In this he found many books about the supernatural, occult, and many secrets not found in the publicly available. However he knew he couldn't just stay in this secret room while the staff were there so he took many pictures of the books and read them when he could.

He knew, however, that he would be found out doing this eventually so he needed someway to protect him from the dangers of getting caught. He also wanted to find more interesting texts. So he decided to join the KGB, hoping this would allow him to continue his pursuit of knowledge without being found out.

Constitution - 2

Mind - 3

Combat - 2

Awareness - 5

Technical Knowledge - 1
- Mathematics

Occult Knowledge - 1
- Ancient Symbolism

Malcolm Stolarz

Starting items:

80 $

Camera, Letter from Andrew, keys to home.

Name: Malcolm Stolarz
Agency: Journalist
Appearance:

Biography: While walking along a street in the downtown, he soon saw a flier for the job of detective. Malcolm, taking a class in criminal law, decides to apply for this job. He was soon accepted and quit his old job at MacDanolds, which he had the job of night guard. Every since him being hired, he is one of the best detectives in the world, solving cases even the best couldn't even start. One of these cases was about how a murderer has gotten away with using signs of unknown origin. Working with his classical detective, they soon cracked the case by finding out that at every crime seen, there was always a dead cat near a road on a night Sagittarius was out. They concluded that because of this, the murderer must've been killing on every day in which the events happened. They soon caught him and locked him up for several years.

Constitution - 2

Mind - 3

Combat - 2

Awareness - 3

Technical Knowledge - 2
- Journalism (may write articles for cash)
- Photography (may take photos and recall them in dark room)

Occult Knowledge - 0

Dwayne Wright - FBI

Starting Items

200$

Service pistol, badge, Company Car, Map of US road network, small forensics kit.

Name: Dwayne Wright
Agency: FBI
Appearance:
Image Imagine this guy with a walrus mustache, a fedora, and a trenchcoat.Biography: Dwayne was born into poverty in Door County, Wisconsin. When he was 7 years old, he witnessed the murder of his mother, which forever scarred him. He was an extremely scrawny, weak boy, and his neighborhood was riddled with crime, bullies, and street gangs, which taught him to think on his feet. Despite his poor upbringing, he was extremely intelligent, graduating high school when he was 16 years old as the valedictorian. He recieved a full scholarship, and studied at the University of Wisconsin Madison, earning master's degrees in chemisty, archaeology, and criminal science by the age of 32. He then joined the FBI, desiring to bring justice to criminals like the people who killed his mother.

Low constitution (scrawny), high mind (smart), low combat (weak), high awareness (criminal science major), high technical knowledge (chemistry major), medium occult knowledge (archaeology major).

Constitution: 2

Mind: 3

Combat: 2

Awareness: 3

Technical Knowledge - 2
- Forensics (May find and record fingerprints with forensics equipment. Fingerprints, gunpowder marks, blood stains. (No DNA stuff!)
- Chemistry (May analyze chemicals and samples in a laboratory)

Occult Knowledge - 2
- Latin
- Ancient Symbolism

Svetlana Alexeyevna Koshkova - KGB

Starting Items

70 $

Pistol, Passport, Plane Tickets, Microcamera, Portrait of agent 00127,

Name: Svetlana Alexeyevna Koshkova
Appearance: Image
Biography: Svetlana was born in in secrecy in 1916, as the illegitimate love child of Rasputin and the Russian empress. Her parents both loved her very much, but in order to avoid a scandal, they left her in the care of trusted friends of the Tsarina. However, since said friends belonged to the noble class, they were targeted by the Bolsheviks in the revolution one year later. The whole family was promptly arrested and all their possessions were confiscated, but one of the senior red officers, a certain Alexey Koshkov, took pity on little Svetlana, and decided to raise her as his own daughter.

Over the years Alexey Koshkov became a powerful man, acting as chairman in several various committees in Leningrad, and could provide his family a very comfortable life, almost on the same level as that of Svetlana's first step parents, even though that wasn't anything she had any memories of. He later told her about her origin (well, only the part he knew of course - Alexey had no idea she was the daughter of Queen Alexandra and the mad monk!), and she took it better than he'd thought - she had always wondered if she was adopted due to her hair being darker than her siblings' and parents', and she couldn't mourn her "real" parents even when she tried - she never knew them and had no memories of them. To her, Alexey was her real father. And she made him proud.

In the Great Patriotic War, she served with distinction as a political commissar, and fought bravely along her comrades all the way to Berlin. In 1946, before returning to the Soviet Union, she was recruited by the MGB (which was later renamed the KGB). She holds the rank of colonel. She has two children, a 15-year old daughter, Katinka, and a 12-year old son, Ilya, but is divorced from their father, Boris, 44, colonel in the Red Airforce. After the divorce, she retook her old surname.

She has been called a psychic, but her own opinion is that such nonsense only is superstition. Like her real father, Rasputin, she is very interested in the occult, even though she's certain that there's no truth in that either.

Constitution - 3

Mind - 2

Combat - 5

Awareness - 3

Technical knowledge - 1
- Dialectical Materialism (may convert others to the communist cause)

Occult knowledge - 1
- Slavic Mythology
Last edited by Harkback Union on Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:30 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Seno Zhou Varada
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Seno Zhou Varada » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:38 pm

Aleksandr was having quite a relaxing day. It was a nice week to read and think, especially as the library got some interesting new books. This KGB job seemed to be decent so far. To get him adjusted they sent him on a few simple investigation missions in the eastern bloc. While it was nice to travel a bit they were... not what he expected from the KGB.

That's when he got the call. He quickly got dressed into some more suitable clothes and proceeded to Lubyanka. He had heard from the man that he would have a partner, though he hadn't heard who.

He entered the room and looked around taking a seat. A women entered the room shortly afterwards, as well as the Deputy Director. He worried, was he too quick to come? He took a breath and attempted to calm himself. He should be fine, it was only natural that he was a little nervous.

This mission seemed interesting from what the Deputy Director said. Possibly crazy agent, valuable artifact, this was more of his style. And an interesting beginning meant an even more interesting middle. What could go wrong? Actually scratch that thought, a lot could go wrong.

Starting now as the secretary burst into the room. The ambassador was shot! Things going wrong straight off the bat. While the murder seemed interesting his job was the artifact and the possibly crazy agent. After the 2 left the room he moved over to the papers and began to look through it to gather the needed items, as well as maybe looking a bit at some other papers. While looking through the materials he asked the other agent, "May I ask your name comrade?".
Political Compass: Economic: -8.88 Social: -9.54
Libertarian Socialist with Anarcho-Communist Leanings
Still dirty commie, shower is currently being collectivised.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:43 pm

Charlie glanced out the window for a brief moment. He had hoped that the view might distract him for a moment, from the realization that this was his life now. He'd done worse jobs in his life but something about this one just seemed unnaturally dangerous. His eyes landed on a man standing near a car in the parking lot. Charlie gave a short nod in his direction, a sort of acknowledgment as he made he made his way downstairs.

As he descended the stairs he could hear the constant clattering of a keyboard in another room, ringing phones and a light tapping. The smell of cigars and sweat emanated from this room. Evidently his curiosity didn't get the better of him as he left the building, throwing a coat over his shoulder and closing the heavy door behind him. He thought back to the briefing and to his first case with the Y-Department. Two FBI agents go missing while investigating a case of stolen art, the thieves are found dead and as far as they could tell the artifacts were in the agent's possession.

He knew that they should visit the Athena Hall of Historic Arts and speak to the curator and the employees. He needed to know more about the relic he was looking for. Once they were in Gardiner they needed to visit the motel the agents had used and go from there. At least these were his first postulations. As he closed the distance from the building to the car and the man he extended his hand courteously, not bothering with a smile. "Charlie White. i suppose your the forensics guy the Director mentioned?"
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:33 am

Anna's head was still spinning after what just transpired in the Hotel Ukrania. After almost being killed at least six times back there, it was nice to finally be out of there, and with a stack of secret Russian documents nonetheless. These papers could reveal a bunch about government conspiracies, proof of aliens, and this one paper… wait a minute, where is it? Anna anxiously rifled through her stack of papers, muttering profanity to herself. It seems she must've dropped some papers during her escape, and a bunch of them too! This wouldn't do, this wouldn't do at all. Against better judgement, Anna placed her stack of papers down and said to the cabbie "Wait here, I need to get something."

Anna knew if she returned to the building while holding classified documents, it would not only look suspicious, but it would also restrict her ability to draw her weapon if she had to. As Anna re-entered the building, she prepared herself to draw her revolver, as this was an incredibly hostile area. Before going for the papers, Anna looked around the area, seeing if anyone could recognize her, or what she had just done. If they did, Anna could react extremely quickly, almost like bullet-time. She was confident she was too quick on the draw for these KGB guys to beat, but if no one was wise, she wouldn't have to.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:28 am

ApplePieistan wrote:Anna's head was still spinning after what just transpired in the Hotel Ukrania. After almost being killed at least six times back there, it was nice to finally be out of there, and with a stack of secret Russian documents nonetheless. These papers could reveal a bunch about government conspiracies, proof of aliens, and this one paper… wait a minute, where is it? Anna anxiously rifled through her stack of papers, muttering profanity to herself. It seems she must've dropped some papers during her escape, and a bunch of them too! This wouldn't do, this wouldn't do at all. Against better judgement, Anna placed her stack of papers down and said to the cabbie "Wait here, I need to get something."

Anna knew if she returned to the building while holding classified documents, it would not only look suspicious, but it would also restrict her ability to draw her weapon if she had to. As Anna re-entered the building, she prepared herself to draw her revolver, as this was an incredibly hostile area. Before going for the papers, Anna looked around the area, seeing if anyone could recognize her, or what she had just done. If they did, Anna could react extremely quickly, almost like bullet-time. She was confident she was too quick on the draw for these KGB guys to beat, but if no one was wise, she wouldn't have to.

A sea of blood and corpses awaited Anna in the lobby, just as she left it behind. Whilst walking in, she found and collected some of the blood soaked documents she dropped, however, it was hard to get around the lobby. Broken glass, luggage and overturned furniture obstructed the way, but at least they provided plentiful cover against the crossfire into which she just walked.

There were still a few pages missing by the looks of it, but there is no telling where they went.

From 2 corners of the lobby, 2 groups of gunman were spraying the other side with bullets. To the left, a group of rag-tag soldiers were holding out behind a chain of buffet trolleys. The other side to the right wore elegant suits and were shielded by a reception desk. One of the soldiers aimed straight for Anna, but just barely, she dodged the bullet.

"Don't shoot her dammit!" - Someone shouted. - "She's with us! Anna, what the hell are you still doing here? Get the papers and run!"

"Agent Petrov! Take cover!" - The reception desk screamed at the same time. - "We'll flush them out with a grenade!"
Last edited by Harkback Union on Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:58 am

Harkback Union wrote:
ApplePieistan wrote:Anna's head was still spinning after what just transpired in the Hotel Ukrania. After almost being killed at least six times back there, it was nice to finally be out of there, and with a stack of secret Russian documents nonetheless. These papers could reveal a bunch about government conspiracies, proof of aliens, and this one paper… wait a minute, where is it? Anna anxiously rifled through her stack of papers, muttering profanity to herself. It seems she must've dropped some papers during her escape, and a bunch of them too! This wouldn't do, this wouldn't do at all. Against better judgement, Anna placed her stack of papers down and said to the cabbie "Wait here, I need to get something."

A sea of blood and corpses awaited Anna in the lobby, just as she left it behind. Whilst walking in, she found and collected some of the blood soaked documents she dropped, however, it was hard to get around the lobby. Broken glass, luggage and overturned furniture obstructed the way, but at least they provided plentiful cover against the crossfire into which she just walked.

There were still a few pages missing by the looks of it, but there is no telling where they went.

From 2 corners of the lobby, 2 groups of gunman were spraying the other side with bullets. To the left, a group of rag-tag soldiers were holding out behind a chain of buffet trolleys. The other side to the right wore elegant suits and were shielded by a reception desk. One of the soldiers aimed straight for Anna, but just barely, she dodged the bullet.

"Don't shoot her dammit!" - Someone shouted. - "She's with us! Anna, what the hell are you still doing here? Get the papers and run!"

"Agent Petrov! Take cover!" - The reception desk screamed at the same time. - "We'll flush them out with a grenade!"

"Don't throw a grenade, you idiot!" Anna shouted. "You'll destroy the papers!" If she didn't act right now, some of the papers, which may contain valuable information, may be lost forever! While she didn't like doing so, Anna tapped into her secret powers of extreme focus and concentration to rapidly accelerate her thinking and reaction time. With this power activated, Anna opened fire upon the people behind the reception desk, or at least the partially exposed, attempting to shoot. She also tried her best to dodge incoming fire, including the blast from the grenade that was threatened to be thrown.
Last edited by ApplePieistan on Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:17 am

ApplePieistan wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:

"Don't throw a grenade, you idiot!" Anna shouted. "You'll destroy the papers!" If she didn't act right now, some of the papers, which may contain valuable information, may be lost forever! While she didn't like doing so, Anna tapped into her secret powers of extreme focus and concentration to rapidly accelerate her thinking and reaction time. With this power activated, Anna opened fire upon the people behind the reception desk, or at least the partially exposed, attempting to shoot. She also tried her best to dodge incoming fire, including the blast from the grenade that was threatened to be thrown.

"Agent Petrov! Cease fire!" - The reception desk ordered, but to no avail. Anna quickly disposed of several exposed agents who did not expect fire to come from her direction. The rest decided to fall back. - "Traitor!" - They screamed.

Before leaving, the hurled a grenade at Anna. However, it was faulty and it did not detonate.

The Rag-tag group abandoned their cover and cautiously approached Anna. - "Thank you for coming back... they had us cornered." - Boris said - But we must go now, we have little time to waste. Do you still have the documents?

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:42 am

Harkback Union wrote:
ApplePieistan wrote:"Don't throw a grenade, you idiot!" Anna shouted. "You'll destroy the papers!" If she didn't act right now, some of the papers, which may contain valuable information, may be lost forever! While she didn't like doing so, Anna tapped into her secret powers of extreme focus and concentration to rapidly accelerate her thinking and reaction time. With this power activated, Anna opened fire upon the people behind the reception desk, or at least the partially exposed, attempting to shoot. She also tried her best to dodge incoming fire, including the blast from the grenade that was threatened to be thrown.

"Agent Petrov! Cease fire!" - The reception desk ordered, but to no avail. Anna quickly disposed of several exposed agents who did not expect fire to come from her direction. The rest decided to fall back. - "Traitor!" - They screamed.

Before leaving, the hurled a grenade at Anna. However, it was faulty and it did not detonate.

The Rag-tag group abandoned their cover and cautiously approached Anna. - "Thank you for coming back... they had us cornered." - Boris said - But we must go now, we have little time to waste. Do you still have the documents?

Immediately, Anna realized how foolish she was for leaving the papers in the taxi. Was the driver really going to wait there with a stack of illegal papers in the back? Even if he didn't, this would surely hurt their opinion of her. While she had to tell the truth, perhaps she could divert their attention to her stupidity by asking them a simple question after admitting her idiocy. "I put a stack in the cab waiting outside, and I came back here to collect a few I dropped. There still might be some left. Did you find any?"

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:59 am

ApplePieistan wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:

Immediately, Anna realized how foolish she was for leaving the papers in the taxi. Was the driver really going to wait there with a stack of illegal papers in the back? Even if he didn't, this would surely hurt their opinion of her. While she had to tell the truth, perhaps she could divert their attention to her stupidity by asking them a simple question after admitting her idiocy. "I put a stack in the cab waiting outside, and I came back here to collect a few I dropped. There still might be some left. Did you find any?"

"In a cab?" - The Soldiers pushed Anna aside and ran to the windows... - "Where is it?" - The cab was nowhere to be seen. - "It probably drove away when it heard the gunfire..."

"The police are almost here! We have to leave!" - Boris announced. - "We are out of time! Are you coming Anna"?

In the meantime, the rest of the man left the scene.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:45 pm

Harkback Union wrote:
ApplePieistan wrote:Immediately, Anna realized how foolish she was for leaving the papers in the taxi. Was the driver really going to wait there with a stack of illegal papers in the back? Even if he didn't, this would surely hurt their opinion of her. While she had to tell the truth, perhaps she could divert their attention to her stupidity by asking them a simple question after admitting her idiocy. "I put a stack in the cab waiting outside, and I came back here to collect a few I dropped. There still might be some left. Did you find any?"

"In a cab?" - The Soldiers pushed Anna aside and ran to the windows... - "Where is it?" - The cab was nowhere to be seen. - "It probably drove away when it heard the gunfire..."

"The police are almost here! We have to leave!" - Boris announced. - "We are out of time! Are you coming Anna"?

Anna was stunned by the cab driver's escape. He didn't drive off when Anna was originally chased out of the building by gunfire, why did he drive off now? Regardless, the police were closing in, and Anna had to make a quick getaway. She fled the scene, but not with her comrades. While they probably had better ideas about where to run and hide, Anna still wanted to pursue the lost stack of papers. As such, she made her way to the taxi company (or Soviet equivalent), and says to the person at the front desk "Excuse me, I left a stack of top secret KGB files on one of your taxicabs. Can you let me know if someone turns it in?"

Walrusvylon
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Walrusvylon » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:43 pm

The Frozen Forest wrote:Charlie glanced out the window for a brief moment. He had hoped that the view might distract him for a moment, from the realization that this was his life now. He'd done worse jobs in his life but something about this one just seemed unnaturally dangerous. His eyes landed on a man standing near a car in the parking lot. Charlie gave a short nod in his direction, a sort of acknowledgment as he made he made his way downstairs.

As he descended the stairs he could hear the constant clattering of a keyboard in another room, ringing phones and a light tapping. The smell of cigars and sweat emanated from this room. Evidently his curiosity didn't get the better of him as he left the building, throwing a coat over his shoulder and closing the heavy door behind him. He thought back to the briefing and to his first case with the Y-Department. Two FBI agents go missing while investigating a case of stolen art, the thieves are found dead and as far as they could tell the artifacts were in the agent's possession.

He knew that they should visit the Athena Hall of Historic Arts and speak to the curator and the employees. He needed to know more about the relic he was looking for. Once they were in Gardiner they needed to visit the motel the agents had used and go from there. At least these were his first postulations. As he closed the distance from the building to the car and the man he extended his hand courteously, not bothering with a smile. "Charlie White. i suppose your the forensics guy the Director mentioned?"

Dwayne extended his hand in return, giving Charlie a firm handshake.

"Well met, Charlie," he responded politely. "My name is Dwayne Wright, and yes, I am knowledgeable in forensics— however, I specialize in much more than just that. I presume that you are my new partner."
Last edited by Walrusvylon on Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:51 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Reactionary rad-trad. Born between 6 and 11 centuries too late. Neocameralist some days, un-constitutional monarchist and neo-Luddite other days. Tolkien enthusiast. Neoreaction/Dark Enlightenment reader.
'Equality is the opposite of quality.'
'I strongly urge you to read Moldbug!'
'I am an excellent proof-reader... after I click submit.'

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:44 pm

Seno Zhou Varada wrote:Aleksandr was having quite a relaxing day. It was a nice week to read and think, especially as the library got some interesting new books. This KGB job seemed to be decent so far. To get him adjusted they sent him on a few simple investigation missions in the eastern bloc. While it was nice to travel a bit they were... not what he expected from the KGB.

That's when he got the call. He quickly got dressed into some more suitable clothes and proceeded to Lubyanka. He had heard from the man that he would have a partner, though he hadn't heard who.

He entered the room and looked around taking a seat. A women entered the room shortly afterwards, as well as the Deputy Director. He worried, was he too quick to come? He took a breath and attempted to calm himself. He should be fine, it was only natural that he was a little nervous.

This mission seemed interesting from what the Deputy Director said. Possibly crazy agent, valuable artifact, this was more of his style. And an interesting beginning meant an even more interesting middle. What could go wrong? Actually scratch that thought, a lot could go wrong.

Starting now as the secretary burst into the room. The ambassador was shot! Things going wrong straight off the bat. While the murder seemed interesting his job was the artifact and the possibly crazy agent. After the 2 left the room he moved over to the papers and began to look through it to gather the needed items, as well as maybe looking a bit at some other papers. While looking through the materials he asked the other agent, "May I ask your name comrade?".

"Svetlana Alexeyevna Koshkova, what's yours? And what's your rank? I know, we'll be working together as partners and equals, but it's always nice to know." She gave Aleksandr a faint, yet disarming smile. Her own rank was obvious, as she was wearing her KGB colonel uniform. She stood up and gathered her share of the foreign currency and one of the plane tickets. "So what does the papers say?" she then asked her colleague, with a glance in his direction.

Svetlana was honestly surprised about the nature of the mission. Sure, she had hunted renegade agents before, and even terminated them, but never beyond the Eastern Bloc, and ever since her promotions rarely out in the field like this. Still, orders were orders, and a part of her was excited. She hadn't been abroad much since the war, and Paris was Paris, even if it was only for a very short time. She didn't know much about Boston, but America was America, and she was curious about what the capitalistic United States really was like. Not that she doubted the Soviet propaganda, but she found that it would, in a quite perverted way, be fun to see the decadence with her own eyes.

Aleksandr seemed rather shaken by the news of the shooting, but Svetlana was used to it and had barely reacted. He was young, and hadn't experienced the Stalinist system in the same way as she had. In a way, that felt good. In her opinion, Khruschev was a far better leader than the moustached Georgian, and if the future generations became less brutalized than her own or those before, then it only proved that they were on the right path to one day achieve a truly Communist society. The thought reminded her about her children, Katinka and Ilya, and she smiled again.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:44 pm

ApplePieistan wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:

Anna was stunned by the cab driver's escape. He didn't drive off when Anna was originally chased out of the building by gunfire, why did he drive off now? Regardless, the police were closing in, and Anna had to make a quick getaway. She fled the scene, but not with her comrades. While they probably had better ideas about where to run and hide, Anna still wanted to pursue the lost stack of papers. As such, she made her way to the taxi company (or Soviet equivalent), and says to the person at the front desk "Excuse me, I left a stack of top secret KGB files on one of your taxicabs. Can you let me know if someone turns it in?"

Anna made a quick getaway from the hotel through the nearby alleys and managed to go undetected by the oncoming police forces. An hour later, she found herself at the Moscow Taxi Depot, asking questions about a lost dossier of KGB files...

"I know nothing about no KGB files!" - the old woman at the front desk whispered in a fightful. She then crawled out of her chair and slowly hurled herself towards the exit. - "What is a KGB?... Excuse me comrade, I have to go now."

Since she left the reception area, Anna was left completely alone in the entry hall. Aside from the front door through which the woman just went through, there was another door leading to a staff room and a staircase which led to the 2nd floor. Above the front desk, the words "Moscow Taxi Union" were could be read in large cyrillic fonts. There was little of value on the desk itself, though one could take a closer look to find out if there is something in the drawers.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:10 pm

Seno Zhou Varada wrote:After the 2 left the room he moved over to the papers and began to look through it to gather the needed items, as well as maybe looking a bit at some other papers. While looking through the materials he asked the other agent, "May I ask your name comrade?".

Aleksandr didn't manage to pick to pick up anything of importance from the leftover papers, aside from what the comrade commisar already told them. Perhaps he is being told the whole truth, this time...

That was, until he came across the last paper, which contained a minor detail the officer forgot to mention, their cover. They will assume the identity of 2 Russian biochemists and travel along with a team of Eastern Block scientists to a chemistry conference in Boston. The KGB has reserved a hotel room and rented a car for them. Of course, under the pretext of sickness, they will not be attending the conference.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:14 pm

Harkback Union wrote:
ApplePieistan wrote:Anna was stunned by the cab driver's escape. He didn't drive off when Anna was originally chased out of the building by gunfire, why did he drive off now? Regardless, the police were closing in, and Anna had to make a quick getaway. She fled the scene, but not with her comrades. While they probably had better ideas about where to run and hide, Anna still wanted to pursue the lost stack of papers. As such, she made her way to the taxi company (or Soviet equivalent), and says to the person at the front desk "Excuse me, I left a stack of top secret KGB files on one of your taxicabs. Can you let me know if someone turns it in?"

Anna made a quick getaway from the hotel through the nearby alleys and managed to go undetected by the oncoming police forces. An hour later, she found herself at the Moscow Taxi Depot, asking questions about a lost dossier of KGB files...

"I know nothing about no KGB files!" - the old woman at the front desk whispered in a fightful. She then crawled out of her chair and slowly hurled herself towards the exit. - "What is a KGB?... Excuse me comrade, I have to go now."

Since she left the reception area, Anna was left completely alone in the entry hall. Aside from the front door through which the woman just went through, there was another door leading to a staff room and a staircase which led to the 2nd floor. Above the front desk, the words "Moscow Taxi Union" were could be read in large cyrillic fonts. There was little of value on the desk itself, though one could take a closer look to find out if there is something in the drawers.

Clearly, the woman at the front desk knew something. Had she taken the files herself? Is she just a lowly criminal? Regardless, that old lady couldn't be allowed to get away. Anna drew her revolver and shouted "Stop right there!" Before chasing after the receptionist. While killing her was an option, it seemed far more beneficial to simply interrogate her. Even if she was just a lowly criminal, it could be used as leverage to get her on Anna's side.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:32 pm

Walrusvylon wrote:
The Frozen Forest wrote:Charlie glanced out the window for a brief moment. He had hoped that the view might distract him for a moment, from the realization that this was his life now. He'd done worse jobs in his life but something about this one just seemed unnaturally dangerous. His eyes landed on a man standing near a car in the parking lot. Charlie gave a short nod in his direction, a sort of acknowledgment as he made he made his way downstairs.

"Well met, Charlie," he responded politely. "My name is Dwayne Wright, and yes, I am knowledgeable in forensics— however, I specialize in much more than just that. I presume that you are my new partner."

Charlie nodded, glancing towards the buildings to the east. "Your presumptions are correct." He took a few more steps so that he stood across from Dwayne and beside the passenger side door. "I'd love to chat some more but we need to get going. We need to go to Boston first, to the Athena Hall of Historic Arts. I'll explain our first case once we're on the road." He climbed into the vehicle and almost immediately began to sift through the Case Files for any details the director had failed to share with him previously.
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

Walrusvylon
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Walrusvylon » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:00 am

The Frozen Forest wrote:
Walrusvylon wrote:

Charlie nodded, glancing towards the buildings to the east. "Your presumptions are correct." He took a few more steps so that he stood across from Dwayne and beside the passenger side door. "I'd love to chat some more but we need to get going. We need to go to Boston first, to the Athena Hall of Historic Arts. I'll explain our first case once we're on the road." He climbed into the vehicle and almost immediately began to sift through the Case Files for any details the director had failed to share with him previously.

Dwayne hopped into the driver's seat of the car, buckling himself in. He inserted the keys into the ignition, and the car revved its engines.

Taking a crinkled road map from out of his pocket, he unfolded it, looking for the quickest way to drive to Boston. Once he had memorized the route to Boston (he is very smart), he unfolded the map and set it on the dashboard in front of him.

Placing his hands on the steering wheel, he pressed his foot to the gas pedal, and the car took off.

"So, what else do I need to know about this case?" he inquired.
Last edited by Walrusvylon on Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reactionary rad-trad. Born between 6 and 11 centuries too late. Neocameralist some days, un-constitutional monarchist and neo-Luddite other days. Tolkien enthusiast. Neoreaction/Dark Enlightenment reader.
'Equality is the opposite of quality.'
'I strongly urge you to read Moldbug!'
'I am an excellent proof-reader... after I click submit.'

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:01 am

ApplePieistan wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:

"I know nothing about no KGB files!" - the old woman at the front desk whispered in a frightful manner. She then crawled out of her chair and slowly hurled herself towards the exit. - "What is a KGB?... Excuse me comrade, I have to go now."

Clearly, the woman at the front desk knew something. Had she taken the files herself? Is she just a lowly criminal? Regardless, that old lady couldn't be allowed to get away. Anna drew her revolver and shouted "Stop right there!" Before chasing after the receptionist. While killing her was an option, it seemed far more beneficial to simply interrogate her. Even if she was just a lowly criminal, it could be used as leverage to get her on Anna's side.

The sluggish old woman didn't get very far, Anna caught her just around the first corner. There was no one around in the narrow street to witness the incident.

"Please, don't shoot, I know nothing! I support the party of Lenin! I'm not a spy, I am just an old hag! - She pleaded.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:29 am

Harkback Union wrote:
ApplePieistan wrote:Clearly, the woman at the front desk knew something. Had she taken the files herself? Is she just a lowly criminal? Regardless, that old lady couldn't be allowed to get away. Anna drew her revolver and shouted "Stop right there!" Before chasing after the receptionist. While killing her was an option, it seemed far more beneficial to simply interrogate her. Even if she was just a lowly criminal, it could be used as leverage to get her on Anna's side.

The sluggish old woman didn't get very far, Anna caught her just around the first corner. There was no one around in the narrow street to witness the incident.

"Please, don't shoot, I know nothing! I support the party of Lenin! I'm not a spy, I am just an old hag! - She pleaded.

The possibility that this really was an old woman that did nothing wrong was very clear. While the street was empty, executing her with a revolver would cause some unwanted attention. However, Anna couldn't simply leave here alone, nor could she leave empty handed. With this in mind, Anna proceeded to attack the old hag with swift punches and kicks. As she did this, Anna shouted "Where are the files?"
Last edited by ApplePieistan on Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dytarma
Minister

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Dytarma » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:50 am

Malcolm stared at his letter, then looked outside of his apartment window wondering what could be so important that he has to cross the Canadian-American border just for a letter from Andrew saying to take a train to Gardiner. Malcolm, perplexed by the vagueness of the letter, decides to get his stuff around for the trip to Gardiner. While getting his stuff, he soon talks to himself about the letter.

"What could be so important that Andrew can't solve it for himself? Is it some sort of 'uncrackable' case? Or is it that those American reporters have no idea how to, well, report?" As he grabs his camera and keys, he soon sees his fedora over hanging next to his suits on the rack. "Heh, can't forget this baby."

As he rushes out of the apartment door in Montreal, he soon walked over to a nearby taxi letting a couple off at a diner. Malcolm soon asked the driver if he could take him to the Montreal Train Station.

"Now why in God's name would I do that, if you can take you car there?" The man asked.

"Because I need to arrive by train to a friend. And besides, who ever uses a car to go to a train station?"

"Well, you're using a taxi to get to a train station, which is like a car, last time I checked." The man replied sarcastically.

"Yeah, whatever. Just take me there."

The man soon took Malcolm to the Montreal Train Station, where it was packed to it's brim and then some. Malcolm had a nervous look on his face, as being this packed and being this late, he might have to wait another day.

"I might have to go back and wait for tomorrow." Malcolm said to himself worryingly.

"Nonsense, you got here, you stay here." Said the driver. "And by the looks of it, you might need to pay gas."

"Ugh, fine, I'll stay here and wait."

"That's good, now hand me $10 for the ride." The driver told Malcolm.

"C'mon, is it really that expensive?" The driver nods in Malcolm's question. "Ugh, fine." Malcolm pays the driver $10, leaving him with $70.

Malcolm soon heads up to the train station and gets his ticket. Since he is preforming an outside state report, he gets the ticket free to save money for anything he may spend on his trip. As he heads to the train that going to head to Gardiner, he is interrupted by a man who wants to travel him. Though persistent as the man was, Malcolm refused his offer. He was soon at the trains doors, but he was too late. The train started moving, and Malcolm couldn't do anything to stop it. So all he did was run as fast as he can to get in front of the train, in hopes that the train driver will notice him. Luckily, the driver did notice him, and stopped the train. Malcolm soon got on and showed the unhappy conductor his ticket. He then got to his seat and sat down, thinking of what Andrew and him could possible talk about.

"*sighs* To Gardiner I head."
I don't acknowledge the existence of genders and I'm pro death on abortion. All babies must die (sc).
Master Dispatch (or everything I don't want deleted)
Dytarma's Birthday
Don't know what else to put, so I'm -0.50 left and -0.41 libertarian according to The Political Compass

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:39 pm

ApplePieistan wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:

The possibility that this really was an old woman that did nothing wrong was very clear. While the street was empty, executing her with a revolver would cause some unwanted attention. However, Anna couldn't simply leave here alone, nor could she leave empty handed. With this in mind, Anna proceeded to attack the old hag with swift punches and kicks. As she did this, Anna shouted "Where are the files?"

"O мой Бог" - "Helpl!" - She screamed, but there was no one around to hear her, except for her attacker! - "I don't know anything I swear!" - She kept saying repeatedly while trying to cover her face with his arms to shield herself from Anna's relentless attacks. Eventually, she begun couging up bits of blood.
Last edited by Harkback Union on Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:59 pm

Dytarma wrote:Malcolm stared at his letter, then looked outside of his apartment window wondering what could be so important that he has to cross the Canadian-American border just for a letter from Andrew saying to take a train to Gardiner. Malcolm, perplexed by the vagueness of the letter, decides to get his stuff around for the trip to Gardiner. While getting his stuff, he soon talks to himself about the letter.

"What could be so important that Andrew can't solve it for himself? Is it some sort of 'uncrackable' case? Or is it that those American reporters have no idea how to, well, report?" As he grabs his camera and keys, he soon sees his fedora over hanging next to his suits on the rack. "Heh, can't forget this baby."

As he rushes out of the apartment door in Montreal, he soon walked over to a nearby taxi letting a couple off at a diner. Malcolm soon asked the driver if he could take him to the Montreal Train Station.

"Now why in God's name would I do that, if you can take you car there?" The man asked.

"Because I need to arrive by train to a friend. And besides, who ever uses a car to go to a train station?"

"Well, you're using a taxi to get to a train station, which is like a car, last time I checked." The man replied sarcastically.

"Yeah, whatever. Just take me there."

The man soon took Malcolm to the Montreal Train Station, where it was packed to it's brim and then some. Malcolm had a nervous look on his face, as being this packed and being this late, he might have to wait another day.

"I might have to go back and wait for tomorrow." Malcolm said to himself worryingly.

"Nonsense, you got here, you stay here." Said the driver. "And by the looks of it, you might need to pay gas."

"Ugh, fine, I'll stay here and wait."

"That's good, now hand me $10 for the ride." The driver told Malcolm.

"C'mon, is it really that expensive?" The driver nods in Malcolm's question. "Ugh, fine." Malcolm pays the driver $10, leaving him with $70.

Malcolm soon heads up to the train station and gets his ticket. Since he is preforming an outside state report, he gets the ticket free to save money for anything he may spend on his trip. As he heads to the train that going to head to Gardiner, he is interrupted by a man who wants to travel him. Though persistent as the man was, Malcolm refused his offer. He was soon at the trains doors, but he was too late. The train started moving, and Malcolm couldn't do anything to stop it. So all he did was run as fast as he can to get in front of the train, in hopes that the train driver will notice him. Luckily, the driver did notice him, and stopped the train. Malcolm soon got on and showed the unhappy conductor his ticket. He then got to his seat and sat down, thinking of what Andrew and him could possible talk about.

"*sighs* To Gardiner I head."

10:12 PM

The train ride was not a short one, but luckily the train had a dining carriage and comfortable seats. Malcom could sleep through the trip, or perhaps get some food and chat with the other passengers...
Last edited by Harkback Union on Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:13 pm

Harkback Union wrote:
ApplePieistan wrote:The possibility that this really was an old woman that did nothing wrong was very clear. While the street was empty, executing her with a revolver would cause some unwanted attention. However, Anna couldn't simply leave here alone, nor could she leave empty handed. With this in mind, Anna proceeded to attack the old hag with swift punches and kicks. As she did this, Anna shouted "Where are the files?"

"O мой Бог" - "Helpl!" - She screamed, but there was no one around to hear her, except for her attacker! - "I don't know anything I swear!" - She kept saying repeatedly while trying to cover her face with his arms to shield herself from Anna's relentless attacks. Eventually, she begun couging up bits of blood.

At this point, Anna was legitimately convinced this was a normal person that was just scared of the KGB. Normally innocent people don't run from authority, but in this case, it was understandable. While reasonable indeed, Anna couldn't simply let her go now, too much had already been done. Anna continues by making a bluff "Don't lie to me, we've been watching you since July!" As a final blow, Anna attempts to roundhouse kick the woman in the face, hopefully also ceasing her calls for help.

"Have that stack of KGB files for me tomorrow. And don't bother calling the police; I outrank them." With that being said, Anna heads home to change into less bloody clothing. By changing out of the bloody boots and jacket, perhaps she would look less suspicious when walking around Moscow again. While at home, Anna decides to read a few of the bloody documents she had stolen before going to bed. The notes she had weren't very plentiful and some of the words were hard to read, but Anna attempted to find something interesting regardless.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:25 pm

ApplePieistan wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:

At this point, Anna was legitimately convinced this was a normal person that was just scared of the KGB. Normally innocent people don't run from authority, but in this case, it was understandable. While reasonable indeed, Anna couldn't simply let her go now, too much had already been done. Anna continues by making a bluff "Don't lie to me, we've been watching you since July!" As a final blow, Anna attempts to roundhouse kick the woman in the face, hopefully also ceasing her calls for help.

"Have that stack of KGB files for me tomorrow. And don't bother calling the police; I outrank them." With that being said, Anna heads home to change into less bloody clothing. By changing out of the bloody boots and jacket, perhaps she would look less suspicious when walking around Moscow again. While at home, Anna decides to read a few of the bloody documents she had stolen before going to bed. The notes she had weren't very plentiful and some of the words were hard to read, but Anna attempted to find something interesting regardless.

COMBAT SUCCESS

The old woman fell to the ground again, and did not say another word.

Out of the few pages she recovered, One was a table of contents for pages she didn't havev, several others were completely encrypted, though the method was similar, perhaps possible to crack with some computational power. The rest was too bloody to make out the letters.

Whilst in bed, Anna heard noises coming from the front door, the sound of something falling...

The evening newspaper? It gets delivered for free to all tenants in the building at 6 PM. But then again, who needs newspapers when they have a brand new Television in their apartment?
Last edited by Harkback Union on Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse