NATION

PASSWORD

Hotline Miami: New Wave (OOC/OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:07 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:
Rygondria wrote:This gives me an idea, A Vietnam vet with a severe case of Ptsd, Commie hatred, and possibly slight racism towards vietmese, and might or might not be acting on a ptsd flashback seeing Russians as Vietcong.

I don't think the Vietnam War happened in the HM timeline. The Cold War obviously got hot, when it did is undetermined but by 1985 the war is still ongoing and is currently in Hawaii. What we know is that the Soviets did some island hoping across the Pacific.

Now maybe there was a Vietnam conflict, but judging by the Cold War getting Hot I think some thing else probably happened.

Yeah, it's very unclear if the Vietnam War happened or not. For that reason Rygondria, I'd prefer it if you used the war in Hawaii against the Russians as his backstory.
I don't know what I'm s'posed to do.

INFP (obligatory? probably)

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:16 pm

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:I don't think the Vietnam War happened in the HM timeline. The Cold War obviously got hot, when it did is undetermined but by 1985 the war is still ongoing and is currently in Hawaii. What we know is that the Soviets did some island hoping across the Pacific.

Now maybe there was a Vietnam conflict, but judging by the Cold War getting Hot I think some thing else probably happened.

Yeah, it's very unclear if the Vietnam War happened or not. For that reason Rygondria, I'd prefer it if you used the war in Hawaii against the Russians as his backstory.

Alright but would the PTSD flashbacks causing the sudden surge of his actions with the people on the Phone saying something along the lines of Sargent Peterson we have an assignment, which causes him to believe he is at war again where he then begins to act in the typical HM fashion be ok
Last edited by Rygondria on Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:39 pm

Rygondria wrote:
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:Yeah, it's very unclear if the Vietnam War happened or not. For that reason Rygondria, I'd prefer it if you used the war in Hawaii against the Russians as his backstory.

Alright but would the PTSD flashbacks causing the sudden surge of his actions with the people on the Phone saying something along the lines of Sargent Peterson we have an assignment, which causes him to believe he is at war again where he then begins to act in the typical HM fashion be ok

I'm going to have to say no again. He can still be a soldier, but I don't believe PTSD causes rampages on this level. In addition, 50 Blessings is very discreet with their calls for a reason, and wouldn't say something like "Sgt. Peterson we have an assignment." They would use the "Go babysit these kids" codespeak they normally use. Also, you're not killing Russians because of a PTSD trip, but because you want to or were forced into doing it.

You can have a PTSD trip later on when hallucinogenic drugs get involved, but for now it's a no. (And the PTSD trip will still not make you go on a murder spree)

Shark, I feel like Ricky could be worked on a little more. For example, his picture is a bit silly considering it's a stock photo. Also, he has a lot of exposed skin that will probably get him into some DNA trouble when the cops investigate. But he's not a bad character by any means.
Last edited by Kentucky Fried Land on Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rygondria
Negotiator

Postby Rygondria » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:46 pm

Rygondria wrote:Alright but would the PTSD flashbacks causing the sudden surge of his actions with the people on the Phone saying something along the lines of Sargent Peterson we have an assignment, which causes him to believe he is at war again where he then begins to act in the typical HM fashion be ok

I'm going to have to say no again. He can still be a soldier, but I don't believe PTSD causes rampages on this level. In addition, 50 Blessings is very discreet with their calls for a reason, and wouldn't say something like "Sgt. Peterson we have an assignment." They would use the "Go babysit these kids" codespeak they normally use. Also, you're not killing Russians because of a PTSD trip, but because you want to or were forced into doing it.

You can have a PTSD trip later on when hallucinogenic drugs get involved, but for now it's a no. (And the PTSD trip will still not make you go on a murder spree)

On a deep level he really does want to kill them without the ptsd, i meant that during the assignments he says military jargon and starts calling people like for example Joe he would say (Nickles, get you ass on the ground on less you want your fucking head blown off!) but then switches back to reality quickly. Sure he is still killing the mobsters under his own accord but once the LSD gets involves everything goes jungle warfare on him and he may or may not revert back. But he well still have a general idea of what is actually going on
Last edited by Rygondria on Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:48 pm

Rygondria wrote:Alright but would the PTSD flashbacks causing the sudden surge of his actions with the people on the Phone saying something along the lines of Sargent Peterson we have an assignment, which causes him to believe he is at war again where he then begins to act in the typical HM fashion be ok

Shark, I feel like Ricky could be worked on a little more. For example, his picture is a bit silly considering it's a stock photo. Also, he has a lot of exposed skin that will probably get him into some DNA trouble when the cops investigate. But he's not a bad character by any means.

Okay, I will switch the appearance. Also, I might switch to a better looking dragon mask. Would it be to silly to have him wear a track suit like a jogger?

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:51 pm

Rygondria wrote:
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I'm going to have to say no again. He can still be a soldier, but I don't believe PTSD causes rampages on this level. In addition, 50 Blessings is very discreet with their calls for a reason, and wouldn't say something like "Sgt. Peterson we have an assignment." They would use the "Go babysit these kids" codespeak they normally use. Also, you're not killing Russians because of a PTSD trip, but because you want to or were forced into doing it.

On a deep level he really does want to kill them without the ptsd, i meant that during the assignments he says military jargon and starts calling people like for example Joe he would say (Nickles, get you ass on the ground on less you want your fucking head blown off!) but then switches back to reality quickly. Sure he is still killing the mobsters under his own accord but once the LSD gets involves everything goes jungle warfare on him and he may or may not revert back.

In that case, you're good to go on making the character.

And yeah Shark, I'd pick a different Dragon mask since that one just looks kind of grayish. And no, it wouldn't be silly to have track pants. A few other characters already have them too, so you're fine there

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:54 pm

Rygondria wrote:This gives me an idea, A Vietnam vet with a severe case of Ptsd, Commie hatred, and possibly slight racism towards vietmese, and might or might not be acting on a ptsd flashback seeing Russians as Vietcong.

I don't think the Vietnam War happened in the HM timeline. The Cold War obviously got hot, when it did is undetermined but by 1985 the war is still ongoing and is currently in Hawaii. What we know is that the Soviets did some island hoping across the Pacific.

Hawaiian vet, maybe.

Also, traps aren't gay dude.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Rygondria
Negotiator

Postby Rygondria » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:54 pm

Rygondria wrote:On a deep level he really does want to kill them without the ptsd, i meant that during the assignments he says military jargon and starts calling people like for example Joe he would say (Nickles, get you ass on the ground on less you want your fucking head blown off!) but then switches back to reality quickly. Sure he is still killing the mobsters under his own accord but once the LSD gets involves everything goes jungle warfare on him and he may or may not revert back.

And yeah Shark, I'd pick a different Dragon mask since that one just looks kind of grayish. And no, it wouldn't be silly to have track pants. A few other characters already have them too, so you're fine there

OK, would a machete be OK for a weapon.

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:56 pm

Here is the dragon mask http://img11.deviantart.net/8fe9/i/2015 ... 942h8k.jpg

Here is his new look: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 39ce8c.jpg. This both his appearance and new clothing.

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:56 pm

Rygondria wrote:On a deep level he really does want to kill them without the ptsd, i meant that during the assignments he says military jargon and starts calling people like for example Joe he would say (Nickles, get you ass on the ground on less you want your fucking head blown off!) but then switches back to reality quickly. Sure he is still killing the mobsters under his own accord but once the LSD gets involves everything goes jungle warfare on him and he may or may not revert back.

We're a Russian killing crew with a Russian sense of style!
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:01 pm

Transoxthraxia wrote:
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:In that case, you're good to go on making the character.

We're a Russian killing crew with a Russian sense of style!

Track suits are stylish even if you aren't a commie
Shark isle wrote:Here is the dragon mask http://img11.deviantart.net/8fe9/i/2015 ... 942h8k.jpg

Here is his new look: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 39ce8c.jpg. This both his appearance and new clothing.

I like his new look. Though the mask could be different. Maybe something like this

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:04 pm

Transoxthraxia wrote:We're a Russian killing crew with a Russian sense of style!

Shark isle wrote:Here is the dragon mask http://img11.deviantart.net/8fe9/i/2015 ... 942h8k.jpg

I like his new look. Though the mask could be different. Maybe something like this

I like that mask. I will make the edits to the post. By the way, I made his mask a dragon because dragon's are my favorite mythical creature.

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:04 pm

Transoxthraxia wrote:We're a Russian killing crew with a Russian sense of style!

tbf I don't think my character's apparel really counts as a "track suit" even though she wears a track jacket, her pants aren't really track-y.

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:07 pm

Shark isle wrote:Name : Ricky
Sex: Male
Mask: http://www.halloween-mask.com/ru06/myth ... ru3143.jpg
Appearance: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 39ce8c.jpg
Weapon of Choice: Lead Pipe
Apparel: The same as in his appearance except he wears black gloves.
Personality: Ricky is a hot-headed individual who will blow up on anyone who makes him angry. He has also been called cocky, especially when talking about his past as a Olympian athlete. But, he is sometimes seen as a kind and caring individual.
Bio: Ricky was born in 1950 in Omaha, Nebraska to a middle-class family. His father, Todd, who was a athlete, encouraged his son to build up his body and keep healthy in order to become just like his father. Growing up, Ricky was never bullied due to the fact that his physical physique intimidated anyone who would even dare to try. When he was 15, he entered the school's Track-and-Field team for high-school credit. He quickly became one of the team's star runners. He spent the rest of high school on the team, eventually gaining a scholarship on his senior year.

During college, Ricky decided to try to enter the Olympics. He spent the rest of his college years training for the 1976 in Canada. In 1975, He was approved for the Olympics and headed over to Montreal, Canada a year early to continue training early. When the Olympics finally arrived, he was to run in five races. To his surprise, he actually won first place in his first race. Throughout the Olympics, he won 3 gold medals, making him a star in the American Team. After the games, Ricky moved to Miami and bought a apartment near the beach. During the rest of the 70s and early 80s Ricky continued to do sponsorships and run races in the Miami area. In 1986, He was shocked when he heard that San Francisco was nuked. The next day, he learned that one of the victims of the nuke was his best friend Colin Peters, whom he met in college. This caused him to develop a scathing hatred of Soviets.

In 1989, He heard rumors about some vigilante killing Russian Mobsters. He wanted to join this vigilante but, he could not find him. His hatred of Soviets and Russians reached a boiling point when in 1990 he was mugged and beaten half to death by two drunk Russian Gangsters. he was then left in a alleyway, unconscious and bleeding. When he woke up, he was shocked to find out it was 1991 and that he was in a coma for one year. After getting out of the hospital, Ricky immediately cancelled any contracts he had with companies and dropped out of sight. During this time, he started to research the vigilante from 1989 and figured out about some kind of phone call that the vigilante got before every kill. In 1991, flyers started to show up all over the city. Ricky found one of these flyers and immediately signed up.
Strengths: Due to his past as a Olympian Ricky can run as fast as the average gold medalist. He also has a good sense of hearing he developed during his time in a coma.
Weaknesses: He is not very strong and usually takes more than one hit to kill a man. His easily-angered attitude causes him to charge into situations that could end in severe injury or death.
*Quirks: He likes to sprint in place once in a while
*Dislikes: Russians, Soviets and Criminals
*Worst Fears: Death
*Miscellaneous (anything else you’d like to add): He will probably be like scot from TF2
RP Examples: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=400155&p=30853082&hilit=alan#p30853082

Edited my post.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:09 pm

Shark isle wrote:
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:Track suits are stylish even if you aren't a commie

I like that mask. I will make the edits to the post. By the way, I made his mask a dragon because dragon's are my favorite mythical creature.

Cool deal. Personally, I'm a big fan of Spyro.
Transoxthraxia wrote:
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:Track suits are stylish even if you aren't a commie

tbf I don't think my character's apparel really counts as a "track suit" even though she wears a track jacket, her pants aren't really track-y.

Yeah, nobody has the full Slav garb going for them right now. Maybe if Deramen joins.

Rygondria
Negotiator

Postby Rygondria » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:10 pm

https://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-p ... 4/tony.JPG
Kinda want to use this as my apperance, have him be a vet that let himself go over the years since the war, have not found a mask yet.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:10 pm

Hey, KFL, do you want me to change my mask?
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:14 pm

Rygondria wrote:https://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/styles/story_medium/public/thumbnails/image/2014/09/10/14/tony.JPG
Kinda want to use this as my apperance, have him be a vet that let himself go over the years since the war, have not found a mask yet.

That appearance works well.

Anowa wrote:Hey, KFL, do you want me to change my mask?

Sure, if you'd like. So that we all have animal masks (well, I suppose except for Altito)

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:59 pm

Transoxthraxia wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:I don't think the Vietnam War happened in the HM timeline. The Cold War obviously got hot, when it did is undetermined but by 1985 the war is still ongoing and is currently in Hawaii. What we know is that the Soviets did some island hoping across the Pacific.

Hawaiian vet, maybe.

Yes they are. It's just dudes that are pretty, there's a penis thus it's gay. Putting makeup on a dude doesn't make them less of a dude unless there's been surgery thus making them a tranny

Most of our characters are wearing fairly late eighties, early nineties appereal for the most part. I'm still waiting for a skinhead, a 70s drug loving disco looking dude and of course full on Slav Gear. (Their finishing move involves them squatting)

I'm surprised by how many Asians there are compared to your standard stereotypical American. I also expected at least some west Euros like German, or English.

Rygondria
Negotiator

Postby Rygondria » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:01 pm

Transoxthraxia wrote:Hawaiian vet, maybe.

Yes they are. It's just dudes that are pretty, there's a penis thus it's gay. Putting makeup on a dude doesn't make them less of a dude unless there's been surgery thus making them a tranny

Most of our characters are wearing fairly late eighties, early nineties appereal for the most part. I'm still waiting for a skinhead, a 70s drug loving disco looking dude and of course full on Slav Gear. (Their finishing move involves them squatting)

I'm surprised by how many Asians there are compared to your standard stereotypical American. I also expected at least some west Euros like German, or English.

My guy is wearing a Hawaiian shirt though, that is kinda cheesy even for the eighties and ninety's

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:05 pm

Rygondria wrote:

My guy is wearing a Hawaiian shirt though, that is kinda cheesy even for the eighties and ninety's

I think we could use a bigger kind of character. Similar to Martin Brown, a character who is slower and is probably the heaviest of the group. However is fucking powerful especially is given an axe or something similar.

Also if your character doesn't smoke a bunch of cigars and isn't bada bing bada booming all over the place I will be sad.

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:08 pm

Transoxthraxia wrote:Hawaiian vet, maybe.

Man, dude, see, here's the thing. The fact that it's a man only makes it better.
Last edited by Transoxthraxia on Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:09 pm

Transoxthraxia wrote:

Man, dude, see, here's the thing. The fact that it's a man only makes it better.

Enough.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:11 pm

Anowa wrote:
Transoxthraxia wrote:Man, dude, see, here's the thing. The fact that it's a man only makes it better.

Enough.

It's a meme

Rygondria
Negotiator

Postby Rygondria » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:16 pm

Rygondria wrote:My guy is wearing a Hawaiian shirt though, that is kinda cheesy even for the eighties and ninety's

I think we could use a bigger kind of character. Similar to Martin Brown, a character who is slower and is probably the heaviest of the group. However is fucking powerful especially is given an axe or something similar.

Also if your character doesn't smoke a bunch of cigars and isn't bada bing bada booming all over the place I will be sad.

He smokes cigars, but with the bada bing well be mixed in with Vietnam style ptsd except mixed in with Hawaii and Miami beach, as something he would shout during a firework show in miami beach in 88," They took his legs, They took Antonio's legs"!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse