NATION

PASSWORD

Hotline Miami: New Wave (OOC/OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:16 pm

Transoxthraxia wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:
Yes they are. It's just dudes that are pretty, there's a penis thus it's gay. Putting makeup on a dude doesn't make them less of a dude unless there's been surgery thus making them a tranny

Man, dude, see, here's the thing. The fact that it's a man only makes it better.

Gaaay. But in all seriousness I made that in my sig for two reasons. I like that 4chan post, it's a great goof. Two, I made it during a time where I was sick of traps due to this one RPer being in every RP I joined and making a trap character. All of them following the same, guy is a pop star publicly as a girl but is a boy. I don't mind traps, and some are done right like in SNAFU and Kojuro Shuri from Masamume-kun's Revenge are pretty cool traps because they aren't trying to make people think they're girls, they're just cute guys.

Anyway, enough of this side conversation, I'm curious what the over arching plot will be.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:45 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:
Transoxthraxia wrote:Man, dude, see, here's the thing. The fact that it's a man only makes it better.

Gaaay. But in all seriousness I made that in my sig for two reasons. I like that 4chan post, it's a great goof. Two, I made it during a time where I was sick of traps due to this one RPer being in every RP I joined and making a trap character. All of them following the same, guy is a pop star publicly as a girl but is a boy. I don't mind traps, and some are done right like in SNAFU and Kojuro Shuri from Masamume-kun's Revenge are pretty cool traps because they aren't trying to make people think they're girls, they're just cute guys.

Anyway, enough of this side conversation, I'm curious what the over arching plot will be.

50 Blessings conspiracy, obviously. And scary rooster mask guy making you feel bad about yourself. Still working out some kinks in the overall storyline, but it'll be more then just killing Russians.
I don't know what I'm s'posed to do.

INFP (obligatory? probably)

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:56 am

Ubaria wrote:Just saying Altito, but you can totally see your characters nips in that image you have linked.

Yes, I...already know about it when I used the same exact image in an app in my RP as well, which is still ongoing.

To be fair, in Japan, she's an actress and a gravure idol.

Fun fact : Some Super Sentai and Kamen Rider actresses usually are gravure idols. Not all of them, but there are quite big numbers.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Ubaria
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:36 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Ubaria wrote:Just saying Altito, but you can totally see your characters nips in that image you have linked.

Yes, I...already know about it when I used the same exact image in an app in my RP as well, which is still ongoing.

Fun fact : Some Super Sentai and Kamen Rider actresses usually are gravure idols. Not all of them, but there are quite big numbers.

Boy i'm glad nobody else was in the room when i had to google what a gravure idol was.
Yo, that's mad.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:44 pm

Ubaria wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:

Boy i'm glad nobody else was in the room when i had to google what a gravure idol was.

You should be glad that nobody was in your room when you had to googled it.

I found it accidentally some years ago. Well, not accidentally. I was looking at the Modeling section in Wikipedia and it was mentioned there.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:30 pm

Gonna be get the IC up tonight or tomorrow. Gonna include a few who are apping but haven't apped yet. Scene 1 should go by pretty quick to be honest, but I wanted to ask a question. I have 9 players that are confirmed to be in it (plus each group will get another character controlled by me for the first scene). I was wondering if we should have three groups of three, or two groups of five and four. I'll put a poll up to gauge the answers better as well.

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:39 pm

I'd prefer groups of three but then again it's all up to the OP regarding how much work you want to do in terms of writing. If it'd be easier to you I would recommend 4-5 people, if it makes little difference, 3 people.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Ubaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:44 pm

whoops i voted for the wrong thing. I think three groups of three would be more manageable in terms of inter-player interactions.
Yo, that's mad.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:46 pm

Transoxthraxia wrote:I'd prefer groups of three but then again it's all up to the OP regarding how much work you want to do in terms of writing. If it'd be easier to you I would recommend 4-5 people, if it makes little difference, 3 people.

Yeah, doesn't make much difference. All I'd have to do is create three maps instead of two, which isn't really that hard considering they all have virtually the same theme.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:46 pm

Ubaria wrote:whoops i voted for the wrong thing. I think three groups of three would be more manageable in terms of inter-player interactions.

I'll put in my vote for your choice, then. And I agree.

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:49 pm

Vacif wrote:Name: Nathan
Sex: Male
Mask: Pigeon
Appearance: Face
Weapon of Choice: The Artist's Brush, Artist's Pen
Apparel: Blue coveralls (Mission)
Black leather hoodie, grey track pants, white socks, brown steel toe boots(Casual)
Personality: Nathan puts on a façade of friendliness and extroversion while out in public, but is truly an introvert at heart. He often pretends to be an outspoken, high energy person, but people who truly know him know that he is very quiet, and soft spoken, and has little confidence. He is incredibly self critical, and is often envious of others.
Bio: There was nothing significant in Nathan's childhood. Growing up in your typical nuclear family in Seattle he was your typical kid. He played little league, went to school, made friends. Your normal everyday child. Fascinated with the human body, he decided from an early age that he wanted to become a doctor, or more accurately a surgeon.

Sometime near the end of med-school, Nathan dropped out. Be it growing amounts of anxiety and pressure, or general lack of enjoyment and interest. Instead he wanted to become an artist. Clearly not happy with his life choices, his parents cut him off from all financial support while in Miami. Alone and without financial support, Nathan had to resort to criminal activity as a means to make money. Some nights he had to play doctor for underground cage fights, while others had him in said cage fight.

He didn't like the criminal underworld, but something about the fights, the blood, the adrenaline. He loved it. Probably more than he should of. He made enough to keep himself above water and then some too. Having free time in the day, he pursued his passion for art, while in the night he played doctor/fighter.

With gang violence on the rise, the boss of Nathan's ring became concerned that their only "doctor" would become subject to a hit, or that their operation would come under siege. Paranoid, he had his thugs teach Nathan how to use a gun. Ironically Nathan picked it up faster than they did. Of course this being an illegal weapon, it stayed at their underground range, unmarked and away from Nathan outside of the workplace. At least he would have the knowledge to operate such a weapon should the need to use it arise.

He doesn't remember when or why he picked up a flyer. All that one day they came calling in, and when they called, you answered.
Strengths: Skilled with a blade, knowledge of human anatomy, some medical knowledge, reasonably strong, high endurance, decent with a pistol
Weaknesses: Inexperienced with firearms outside of pistols, audacious, envious, overzelous
*Quirks: Talks to himself, talks in his sleep, picks his nails when he thinks
*Likes: Fighting, painting, sculpting, pastries, morning coffee
*Dislikes: Guns, club music, answering machines
*Worst Fears: Being found out by the Russians, being killed by the police, being caught by the Russians
*Miscellaneous (anything else you’d like to add):
RP Examples: <DATA REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATIVE REQUEST>

Done
Mind the backstory, I expect this one to die so I didn't make a super long detailed thing.
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:37 pm

Vacif wrote:
Vacif wrote:Name: Nathan
Sex: Male
Mask: Pigeon
Appearance: Face
Weapon of Choice: The Artist's Brush, Artist's Pen
Apparel: Blue coveralls (Mission)
Black leather hoodie, grey track pants, white socks, brown steel toe boots(Casual)
Personality: Nathan puts on a façade of friendliness and extroversion while out in public, but is truly an introvert at heart. He often pretends to be an outspoken, high energy person, but people who truly know him know that he is very quiet, and soft spoken, and has little confidence. He is incredibly self critical, and is often envious of others.
Bio: There was nothing significant in Nathan's childhood. Growing up in your typical nuclear family in Seattle he was your typical kid. He played little league, went to school, made friends. Your normal everyday child. Fascinated with the human body, he decided from an early age that he wanted to become a doctor, or more accurately a surgeon.

Sometime near the end of med-school, Nathan dropped out. Be it growing amounts of anxiety and pressure, or general lack of enjoyment and interest. Instead he wanted to become an artist. Clearly not happy with his life choices, his parents cut him off from all financial support while in Miami. Alone and without financial support, Nathan had to resort to criminal activity as a means to make money. Some nights he had to play doctor for underground cage fights, while others had him in said cage fight.

He didn't like the criminal underworld, but something about the fights, the blood, the adrenaline. He loved it. Probably more than he should of. He made enough to keep himself above water and then some too. Having free time in the day, he pursued his passion for art, while in the night he played doctor/fighter.

With gang violence on the rise, the boss of Nathan's ring became concerned that their only "doctor" would become subject to a hit, or that their operation would come under siege. Paranoid, he had his thugs teach Nathan how to use a gun. Ironically Nathan picked it up faster than they did. Of course this being an illegal weapon, it stayed at their underground range, unmarked and away from Nathan outside of the workplace. At least he would have the knowledge to operate such a weapon should the need to use it arise.

He doesn't remember when or why he picked up a flyer. All that one day they came calling in, and when they called, you answered.
Strengths: Skilled with a blade, knowledge of human anatomy, some medical knowledge, reasonably strong, high endurance, decent with a pistol
Weaknesses: Inexperienced with firearms outside of pistols, audacious, envious, overzelous
*Quirks: Talks to himself, talks in his sleep, picks his nails when he thinks
*Likes: Fighting, painting, sculpting, pastries, morning coffee
*Dislikes: Guns, club music, answering machines
*Worst Fears: Being found out by the Russians, being killed by the police, being caught by the Russians
*Miscellaneous (anything else you’d like to add):
RP Examples: <DATA REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATIVE REQUEST>

Done
Mind the backstory, I expect this one to die so I didn't make a super long detailed thing.

Nice job. You shouldn't be killed off too early, so don't worry about that. You are Accepted.

Also, he's gonna have a bad time if he doesn't like answering machines.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:36 am

Sorry for the minor delay, IC will be up sometime today.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:17 pm

IC is up.

For those who may be confused, here's the idea.

An NPC mask is going to drive by and pick up Suzuki, Nathan, and Ricky. They are the first team.

Heat is to pick up Cristina, Valeska, and another NPC, then take them to their final destination. They are the second team.

Wei and Ryan are being picked up by another NPC character. Third team, obviously.

If anybody is confused, just ask me.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:05 pm

Alright, sweet. I'll have a post up sometime today. Mind if I ask what time it is? I'm guess the sun is setting? 50 Blessings seems to like to have their jobs done at night.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:48 am

The Valyria Empire wrote:Alright, sweet. I'll have a post up sometime today. Mind if I ask what time it is? I'm guess the sun is setting? 50 Blessings seems to like to have their jobs done at night.

Yeah, it's somewhere between 11:00 PM and 1:00 AM.

Vulkata II
Minister

Founded: Jun 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulkata II » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:15 am

Tag.

Hi again KFL
It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -George Patton

He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future. -Adolf Hitler

Part of the American dream is to live long and die young. Only those Americans who are willing to die for their country are fit to live. -General MacArthur
The player is currently:Clear|Busy
Great Tawil wrote:The thing is I hate fighting. I just wanna draw flags and make friends

_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature!

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:20 am

Been hella busy these past few days, so sorry for not posting last night. Will attempt to get something up today, probably in the next three-to-five hours.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?

What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Ubaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:49 am

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

That moment when you hit back on the wrong tab and your post didn't cache.
Yo, that's mad.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:41 pm

Shark Isle, no "employees" know 50 Blessings. We all know them as the people leaving messages/calls. Your character shouldn't know it's 50 Blessings.

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:41 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:Shark Isle, no "employees" know 50 Blessings. We all know them as the people leaving messages/calls. Your character shouldn't know it's 50 Blessings.

Ok, i will edit it.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:49 am

The Valyria Empire wrote:Shark Isle, no "employees" know 50 Blessings. We all know them as the people leaving messages/calls. Your character shouldn't know it's 50 Blessings.

50 Blessings is sort of secret, right? Nobody but them knows about them.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:52 am

Just wanted to let the people in my group know that who ever wants Heat is parked outside. I didn't state which house so who ever wants to get picked up first can continue.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:57 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:

50 Blessings is sort of secret, right? Nobody but them knows about them.

Kind of. You have to sign up for the 50 Blessings newsletter to get their calls. So to an extent, you know about them, but you don't know who the calls are coming from. Hope that makes sense.

Vulkata II wrote:Tag.

Hi again KFL

Hey, bud.

Writing up a post now. Those who don't get picked up initially will have some other things to do while they wait for pickup. Valyria, I'll wait for Trans or Anowa one to get picked up before I throw something towards the other person's way.

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:40 am

I could cook something up vis-a-vis getting picked up.