NATION

PASSWORD

Pokémon: Adventures in Anglion [OOC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Gurori
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Pokémon: Adventures in Anglion [OOC]

Postby Gurori » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:56 pm

Pokémon: Adventures in Anglion
The OOC Thread

Because let's be honest here, the old one is dead.

"Good day to you and welcome to the world of Pokémon! This world is inhabited by creatures known as Pokémon. They're spread across all four corners of the planet, their habitats ranging from the highest peaks to the deepest oceans and new Pokémon are being discovered every day! Some Pokémon are kept as pets, while others are used to battle. But where are my manners, I forgot to introduce myself! My name is Professor Hazel Filbert and it is my job to study Pokémon."

Now with that mandatory Pokémon opening, welcome to "Pokémon: Adventures in Anglion", as you can tell this is a Pokémon roleplay! This roleplay is also a reboot of an older roleplay which I made last year! The roleplay takes place in Anglion, a well known region which is renowned for having good ties with Unova and Kalos. It is also known for it's huge role in the war against Deutschia that took place long ago...

In terms of Pokémon, Anglion is an incredibly diverse region. There are some Pokémon in Anglion which many thought only existed in other regions such as Alola. There are stories of Mythological and even Legendary Pokémon visiting the region. Back in the olden days, it was believed that four Pokémon protected the Anglion region, just like the Tapus do with the Alolan islands.

Important Info
OP
Gurori
Co-OPs
None!
Links
Archive Thread
IC Thread (Coming Soon)

Rules

The NationStates Rules
Follow them or you're gonna have a bad time.

My Word is LAW.
I'll happily take ideas, advice and criticism but if a decision needs to be made and the Co-OPs can't do it then I will do it for them.

Regarding Post Quality
A minimum of four lines is active here, your post MUST have at least four lines to count. Also in regards to IC time, travelling from one town to another will always take a couple of posts.

Catching Pokémon

This concept is almost identical to the anime, fighting a Pokémon and almost knocking it out cold isn't the only way to capture it. A Pokémon might decided that you're their friend. Some Pokémon will outright refuse to be part of your team yet still need a helping hand and catching them will only make them a disobedient Pokémon for Arceus knows how long. Also, it'll be myself or a Co-OP who decides which Pokémon appear and how the encounter goes. Nobody can capture legendary Pokémon. IF you manage to catch a Pokémon, you may put an entry of it in your Archive post (using the Pokémon Application Formatting). Your Pokémon's stats, ability, age, level and moves are decided by the person doing the encounter (OP or Co-OP).

Battles

Like the anime, it's not a turn-based system but rather it's real time. The Pokémon can actively dodge, have attack clashes and trainers can even use the circumstances to their advantage. The concepts of Levels will not be used. Challenging Gyms, Champion or NPC characters in general is done with the OP or a Co-OP. A Pokémon will always become stronger after each battle, even if it's only by a small amount.

There Is No Character Limit
But if you don't think you can handle over 3 characters, you probably can't.

Shinies!

Yes, Shinies exist in the roleplay but they shall be the only form of alternate colour schemes for Pokémon (except for Vivillion, that thing comes in all sorts of colours). Legendary Pokémon won't have their shiny forms as this roleplay goes by the logic of "there is only one of each legendary".

Evolution & Forms in General

Not all Alola Form Pokémon will be available in Anglion, the only Pokémon that will be are:
  • Alolan Meowth
  • Alolan Persian
  • Alolan Rattata
  • Alolan Raticate
  • Alolan Vulpix
  • Alolan Ninetales
  • Alolan Grimer
  • Alolan Muk

Non-Item Evolution (formerly Level-Based Evolution) will be decided by a Co-OP or OP. Item-based evolutions can be initiated by the player granted they have the correct item to do so. Mega Evolution won't be happening for a while and the Mega Stones will only be available in certain parts of the roleplay. Trade-based evolution works exactly the same as it does in the games (there will be an explanation behind trade-evolution Pokémon in the wild) and there will also be a way to evolve them without risking your Pokémon getting stolen.

Movesets
While we do not use levels here, learning moves can only happen at a certain stage or something like that. What move your Pokémon learns after a battle (or during battle) is decided by an OP or Co-OP. It likely won't be an incredibly powerful move though.

Z-Moves
Z-Moves will work exactly like they do in-game, you require a Z-Ring and a two Z Crystals of the same type. There is a list below with the name of ALL of the Z Crystals.
  • Buginium Z
  • Darkinium Z
  • Dragonium Z
  • Electrium Z
  • Fairium Z
  • Fightinium Z
  • Firium Z
  • Flyinium Z
  • Ghostium Z
  • Grassium Z
  • Groundium Z
  • Icium Z
  • Normalium Z
  • Poisonium Z
  • Psychium
  • Rockium Z
  • Steelium Z
  • Waterium Z
  • Pikanium Z (Pikachu Exclusive)
  • Aloraichium Z (Alola Raichu exclusive)
  • Eevium Z (Eevee exclusive)
  • Snorlium Z (Snorlax exclusive)
  • Tapunium Z (Tapu Koko, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Lele and Tapu Fini exclusive)
  • Decidium Z (Decidueye Exclusive)
  • Primarium Z (Primarina Exclusive)
  • Incinium Z (Incineroar Exclusive)
  • Pikachunium Z (Ash's Pikachu Exclusive)
  • Marshadium Z (Marshadow Exclusive)
  • Mewnium Z (Mew Exclusive, yes it has it's own Z crystal instead of a mega evolution)

Starter Pokémon

No legendary starters, no fossil starters, no mythical starters. Must be a first-stage Pokémon and capable of evolving at least once (Mega Evolutions do NOT count). Some first-stage Pokémon are exempt from this such as Scyther since it's too OP to be a starter.

Breaking any of these rules will result in warnings, temporary bans from the roleplay or permanent banishment from the roleplay.

Application Forms

TRAINER
Code: Select all
[box][align=center][size=150](Insert Name Here)[/size][/align]
[floatright][img]INSERT APPEARANCE IMAGE HERE, KEEP IT TO A MODEST SIZE[/img][/floatright]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Brief Biography:[/b]
[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]

[b]Starter Pokémon:[/b][/box]

POKÉMON
Code: Select all
[box][align=center][size=150](Insert Nickname Here)[/size]
[size=110]The (Insert Pokémon Name Here)[/size][/align]
[floatright][img]INSERT APPEARANCE IMAGE HERE, KEEP IT TO A MODEST SIZE[/img][/floatright]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Brief Bio:[/b]
[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]

[b]Trainer:[/b]
[b]Pokéball Type:[/b]
[b]Ability:[/b] (I'd suggest looking at Bulbapedia)
[b]Attacks:[/b] (For this roleplay it's a maximum of six, I'd suggest looking at Bulbapedia)
[/box]

Last edited by Gurori on Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gurori is currently being refurbished, please excuse any inconsistencies in the meantime.
Puppet master of Neo Gurori.

This nation will never reflect my actual views.
Also, NS Stats are absolutely non-canon.

Return to Portal to the Multiverse