NATION

PASSWORD

World War 1 : The First Global War (OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

World War 1 : The First Global War (OPEN)

Postby Altito Asmoro » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:12 am

WW1, the first war that encompassed the global-scale, involving several colonial empires and involved in several fronts around the world. The Eastern Front, is one of those fronts happened in Europe. One of the earlier battle between the might of German and Russian. During this time around, German Empire has formed specialized squads from the members of the Central Powers, all with the purpose to help them turn the tide of the war.

This is where you, one of the soldiers in this specialized squads, come in. You maybe a newly conscripted soldier, fresh from the training, or you maybe a veteran of the war, involved in the several battles in Europe before this battle. Now you are here, to help us, the German, turn the tide of the war. The squad is comprised of one officer, and three soldiers with specializations of their own that could turn the tide of the war, despite the early period of the war.

GOTT MITT UNS!

OP : Altito Asmoro
CO-OP : N/A

Name:
Nationality:
Ethnicity:
Appearance:
Preferred Weapons:
Specialization:
Biography (more than 2 paragraphs, please):
RP sample (3 examples, please):

1. No Godmodding/Meta-Gaming: This can be defined as playing your character without limitations or having your character know things they couldn't possibly know.
2. Don't be a dick in the OOC: You can have your character be an aggressive and smarter version of a certain President-Elect in the IC. But the moment you act like a dick in the OOC thread you'll get a warning.
3. No One Liners: Three full lines of text per each IC post, anything less is frowned upon and is generally laziness and will not be accepted. Anything greater is acceptable and is smiled upon.
4. No 'Dick measuring' contests: The moment two of you start arguing over which character is better, and it doesn't contribute to goings on in the IC. You'll both get a warning.
5. For the love of god keep it PG-13: This is a general site rule, and while PG-13 is a blurred line nowadays, the rules of thumb are: nothing sexually explicit, and nothing overly violent. This is a place to role play as Operators Operating Operationally, not write out deviant fantasies.
6. No multicolor or odd dialogue: No colored text, and no italicized/bolded/underlines paragraphs. Reserve them for actual use instead of using them for everything.
7. If you have a problem with a player, take it to TG. If that does not work, bring it to the OP or a CoOP's attention. Do not turn the OOC thread into chaos.
8. You have a 72 hour grace period to post if you're holding someone back, after that your character will be forced to move on by the OP or Co-Op. Failure to return will result in character death.
9. Don't just write for yourself, other want to get involved as well. I realize it's human nature, but try to involve other people's ideas, themes, and characters. A major part in RPing is having other people, don't turn them away or cast a blind eye.
10. Weapons restricted to WW1 and before WW1.
11. Have fun!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_i ... orld_War_I
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Powers
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_m ... orld_War_I
Last edited by Altito Asmoro on Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:16 am

Reserved.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:16 am

Reserved.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

The Assorted Saharan Outposts
Minister

Founded: Dec 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:25 pm

Name: Afrax Dalmar
Nationality: Dervish (Somali, technically)
Ethnicity: African american
Appearance: Something kinda like this

Preferred Weapons: St. Etienne M1892 (they had a few of the revolvers come in and he practically fell in love), M1874, and a Billao sword for close range combat
Specialization: Stealth combat is his specialty. Can hide himself in his environment rather skillfully. He's also decent at sniping, but it's not his main focus.
Biography (more than 2 paragraphs, please): Sometime during the colonial conquest of Africa, while Italy, France, Germany and all the other world powers tried to take bites out of Europe, an Italian explorer, going around the coast of Africa to look for unclaimed African land, his ship had crashed near the coast of present day Somalia. Most of the Italian's crew had died in the accident, but there were a few survivors of the incident, and they were taken care of by the local people on the coast, who were surprisingly kind to the Europeans. While on stay in Somalia, the Italian had met the woman who would soon be Afrax's mother. They hit it off and after a few months it was revealed she was pregnant with a baby.
Though, a month after she told her lover about her pregnancy, he left her and went back to Italy, leaving the mother alone with the baby, who she gave birth to a couple months later. Raising the child was difficult, however. She was a single mother in a predominantly Muslim society. She practically had to get married so she could support herself, which she did as soon as she had gotten the opportunity. Her new husband wasn't the nicest man on earth, but he was rich.
Growing up, Afrax's stepfather did not enjoy him in the slightest. The man would often insult him or hit him, most of the time when his mother wasn't around, but sometimes even with her in the same room. Even though the boy didn't do much at all to deserve such hate, he received it. Eventually, in his late teens, his stepfather would send him off to join the military to get him out of his hair.
Surprisingly, Afrax was excelling in his military position. It was most likely due to the fact that his lack of questions put him on a good side with the higher ups in the military. That and he was a pretty good shot, anyways. He impressed some of the men in his camp with his accuracy, and was regarded with some respect.
However, eventually, WW1 had started, and the Dervish State was attacked by both Italian and British forces. The state held up pretty well against the opposing forces, however, and Afrax showed expertise in getting behind enemy lines. He never asked questions, and whenever they were ordered to do something, he did so without question. Now he has been sent to Germany to help the German forces on the European front. He's fighting in foreign land, and he's anxious to see what will happen.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=370478
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=365138
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=402287 (Granted, it's one post, but I think it was a pretty good one)
Last edited by The Assorted Saharan Outposts on Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
RP Types I Enjoy: God RPs (anything involving deities), alt history, medieval.
Just call me Sahara
Feel free to telegram me whenever you want. I'd love to chat!

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:44 pm

The Assorted Saharan Outposts wrote:Name: Afrax Dalmar
Nationality: Dervish (Somali, technically)
Ethnicity: African american
Appearance: Something kinda like this

Preferred Weapons: St. Etienne M1892 (they had a few of the revolvers come in and he practically fell in love), M1874, and a Billao sword for close range combat
Specialization: Stealth combat is his specialty. Can hide himself in his environment rather skillfully. He's also decent at sniping, but it's not his main focus.
Biography (more than 2 paragraphs, please): Sometime during the colonial conquest of Africa, while Italy, France, Germany and all the other world powers tried to take bites out of Europe, an Italian explorer, going around the coast of Africa to look for unclaimed African land, his ship had crashed near the coast of present day Somalia. Most of the Italian's crew had died in the accident, but there were a few survivors of the incident, and they were taken care of by the local people on the coast, who were surprisingly kind to the Europeans. While on stay in Somalia, the Italian had met the woman who would soon be Afrax's mother. They hit it off and after a few months it was revealed she was pregnant with a baby.
Though, a month after she told her lover about her pregnancy, he left her and went back to Italy, leaving the mother alone with the baby, who she gave birth to a couple months later. Raising the child was difficult, however. She was a single mother in a predominantly Muslim society. She practically had to get married so she could support herself, which she did as soon as she had gotten the opportunity. Her new husband wasn't the nicest man on earth, but he was rich.
Growing up, Afrax's stepfather did not enjoy him in the slightest. The man would often insult him or hit him, most of the time when his mother wasn't around, but sometimes even with her in the same room. Even though the boy didn't do much at all to deserve such hate, he received it. Eventually, in his late teens, his stepfather would send him off to join the military to get him out of his hair.
Surprisingly, Afrax was excelling in his military position. It was most likely due to the fact that his lack of questions put him on a good side with the higher ups in the military. That and he was a pretty good shot, anyways. He impressed some of the men in his camp with his accuracy, and was regarded with some respect.
However, eventually, WW1 had started, and the Dervish State was attacked by both Italian and British forces. The state held up pretty well against the opposing forces, however, and Afrax showed expertise in getting behind enemy lines. He never asked questions, and whenever they were ordered to do something, he did so without question. Now he has been sent to Germany to help the German forces on the European front. He's fighting in foreign land, and he's anxious to see what will happen.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=370478
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=365138
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=402287 (Granted, it's one post, but I think it was a pretty good one)

Nice one, mate. Accepted, welcome aboard.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:35 pm

Bump.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Keskovonia
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Keskovonia » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:13 pm

I'll be creating a character soon.
I'm in the Council of Nations. Are YOU?
Joshua King