NATION

PASSWORD

Warfare 2017-OOC-CLOSED/rebooted.

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:09 pm

Anowa wrote:
Chewion wrote:Yep. Article 5. Italy is going down.

You know... I'm not actually sure how this would work in real life. Since both parties could claim Article 5 since they're both NATO.

Italy is the aggressor. Plus as NATO I'm going to kick them out.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

NewLakotah
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:12 pm

Chewion wrote:
Anowa wrote:You know... I'm not actually sure how this would work in real life. Since both parties could claim Article 5 since they're both NATO.

Italy is the aggressor. Plus as NATO I'm going to kick them out.

The US isn't NATO, the UK is as well. Germany, Canada, etc. So it would take a lot of action and coordination to do that.

Either way, that is not the point. Invoking Art. 5. That's a big deal, now I gotta RP war preparation...
"How smooth must be the language of the whites, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right." ~~ Black Hawk, Sauk

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." ~~ Tecumseh

Free Leonard Peltier!!

NewLakotah
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:14 pm

Anowa wrote:
Chewion wrote:Yep. Article 5. Italy is going down.

You know... I'm not actually sure how this would work in real life. Since both parties could claim Article 5 since they're both NATO.

That is a good point. However, considering how psycho and corrupt Italy is, I highly doubt most countries would respond to the Art. 5 Call if Italy tries to use it. Not when the US is invoking it too. IT would be a much more complex issue in RL or if Italy was a more sane nation.
"How smooth must be the language of the whites, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right." ~~ Black Hawk, Sauk

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." ~~ Tecumseh

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:16 pm

NewLakotah wrote:
Anowa wrote:You know... I'm not actually sure how this would work in real life. Since both parties could claim Article 5 since they're both NATO.

That is a good point. However, considering how psycho and corrupt Italy is, I highly doubt most countries would respond to the Art. 5 Call if Italy tries to use it. Not when the US is invoking it too. IT would be a much more complex issue in RL or if Italy was a more sane nation.

I meant I am RPing as NATO when it's needed.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

NewLakotah
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:21 pm

Chewion wrote:
NewLakotah wrote:That is a good point. However, considering how psycho and corrupt Italy is, I highly doubt most countries would respond to the Art. 5 Call if Italy tries to use it. Not when the US is invoking it too. IT would be a much more complex issue in RL or if Italy was a more sane nation.

I meant I am RPing as NATO when it's needed.

NATO is an international military union, with its leadership divided among a multitude of European (and US and Canada) Nations, located in Brussels. You don't "control" NATO, you can hold an RP session and have the representatives of each nation arrive but "Controlling" NATO would mean literally controlling The UK, Canada, Germany, France, Italy, Czech, etc.

Free Leonard Peltier!!

NewLakotah
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:22 pm

Nonetheless, the UK is answering the call for aid from the US invoking article 5.

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:23 pm

NewLakotah wrote:
Chewion wrote:I meant I am RPing as NATO when it's needed.

NATO is an international military union, with its leadership divided among a multitude of European (and US and Canada) Nations, located in Brussels. You don't "control" NATO, you can hold an RP session and have the representatives of each nation arrive but "Controlling" NATO would mean literally controlling The UK, Canada, Germany, France, Italy, Czech, etc.

I RP as the General Secretary.

Kumbhalgarh
Minister

Founded: Dec 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kumbhalgarh » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:35 pm

check out my latest post, the formatting got fucked up a little but its still good
The Rajput Swarajya of Kumbhalgarh
कुंभलगढ़ के राजपूत किंगडम

We have one of the most powerful Militaries in the Nationstates world.
The DEMONYM of Kumbhalgarh is Rajput.
We are a proud and indepedent nation.
JAI MATA DI

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:38 pm

India is seeking to construct two aircraft carriers in under the span of a year. I do not quite know how to respond to that.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:39 pm

Prolieum wrote:India is seeking to construct two aircraft carriers in under the span of a year. I do not quite know how to respond to that.

From what I'm aware they're expected in 2018 IRL.

They can push em out in 2017, but they'll be shitty... and not at all degaussed.
Last edited by Anowa on Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:42 pm

Anowa wrote:
Prolieum wrote:India is seeking to construct two aircraft carriers in under the span of a year. I do not quite know how to respond to that.

From what I'm aware they're expected in 2018 IRL.

They can push em out in 2017, but they'll be shitty... and not at all de-magnetized.

India's military acquisitions is the recurring butt of many a joke in military circles for a reason.

In 2018, the first will be partially commissioned, political code for "It floats, but it cannot fight." It is not expected to be completed until 2023. They are having to undergo significant overhauls at present because they are unable to get the toilets to even work.

No other carrier has even been laid down. The idea of completing those in under a year is simply silly.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:43 pm

Prolieum wrote:
Anowa wrote:From what I'm aware they're expected in 2018 IRL.

They can push em out in 2017, but they'll be shitty... and not at all de-magnetized.

India's military acquisitions is the recurring butt of many a joke in military circles for a reason.

In 2018, the first will be partially commissioned, political code for "It floats, but it cannot fight." It is not expected to be completed until 2023. They are having to undergo significant overhauls at present because they are unable to get the toilets to even work.

No other carrier has even been laid down. The idea of completing those in under a year is simply silly.

Okay, nevermind. Jesus H, yeah 2017 ain't happening.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:44 pm

Why would would India need an aircraft carrier? India is an aircraft carrier.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:50 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:Why would would India need an aircraft carrier? India is an aircraft carrier.

LOL and have you responded to Kiser's answer.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:51 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:Why would would India need an aircraft carrier? India is an aircraft carrier.

India is not capable of independent locomotion.
Male.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:53 pm

Prolieum wrote:

Sure they are. They just fennel underneath separating them from the earth, then they dig a ditch down the the hollowed out cavern thus separating them from Asia. Then they have all of their 1 billion plus people paddle.

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:54 pm

Prolieum wrote:

No seriously I do not get why they want an AC so badly, they do not have much use for power projection far away from India, it is not a good investment.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:57 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
Prolieum wrote:

No seriously I do not get why they want an AC so badly, they do not have much use for power projection far away from India, it is not a good investment.

Aircraft carriers are very much an instrument of prestige. Having a carrier, or carriers, carries significant weight in terms of reputation, which India, a rising power, wishes to push up as much as possible. Having a carrier means force projection, and force projection is key to becoming a junior member of the World Police, and throwing your weight around.

Furthermore, India's main issue is with Pakistan, and the issues with Pakistan tend to end up in MAD scenarios. Fixed-location nuclear weapons are an issue because, obviously, they are a fixed location. A carrier is not. It is the same reason why they are investing in ballistic-missile submarines.
Male.

NewLakotah
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:05 pm

Prolieum wrote:

Technically, due to tectonic plate movements, the Indian subcontinent is actually moving inland, which is causing the Himalayas to continue to rise.

But yeah, Indian adding 2 new aircraft carriers in a year is practically impossible, unless they just ship what they got. They do have the Vikrant, which is supposed to be seaworthy by 2018, but the next isn't due until 2025. It hasn't even been started yet, so even by American production standards, its impossible.

Free Leonard Peltier!!

NewLakotah
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:07 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
Prolieum wrote:

Its a centerpiece for anybody who wants to be a blue-water Navy. You simply can't be a blue water navy without one. Its the main force protection source for all naval units. Without it, any force projection beyond ground based air forces, is impossible. Not to mention China.

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:40 pm

Well, there's your news. India destroyed its economy, again. A supermajority of the population makes under $2 per day. India just raised the minimum wage to $2 per hour
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:42 pm

Oh, Lakotah, the Mexican Pres wants to know why he's being cold-shouldered
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

NewLakotah
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:10 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:Oh, Lakotah, the Mexican Pres wants to know why he's being cold-shouldered

Oops... That's my bad I had forgotten that he was there. Don't worry, Cuba will make up for it, I promise.

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:55 pm

NewLakotah wrote:
Tallahassee News Station wrote:Oh, Lakotah, the Mexican Pres wants to know why he's being cold-shouldered

Oops... That's my bad I had forgotten that he was there. Don't worry, Cuba will make up for it, I promise.

Yay
Roleplay Information
2024: The Long Peace - United Mexican States

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.

No way.

When we meet aliens from outer space, we'll yell:

We poison our air and water to weed out the weak!
We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere!
We nailed our god to a stick!
Don't fuck with the human race!

Kanye West 2024

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:01 pm

Pimps Inc wrote:
NewLakotah wrote:Oops... That's my bad I had forgotten that he was there. Don't worry, Cuba will make up for it, I promise.

Yay

New post. Btw Kiser's wife was born in Mexico.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse