NATION

PASSWORD

Fallout: Incursion (IC Thread)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Albertae
Senator

Founded: Oct 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:07 am

Johnny "Rapid Fire" Black
Goodneighbor, Commonwealth

I brought the serrated machete up and then brought it down with a precise cut to the neck. It sliced through the man's neck, splattering blood on his wife's face. She woke up to a flurry of emotions and confusion. It probably was due to the drugs I had fed her. It took her a few moments to realize what had happened. She wanted to scream bloody murder, but she was so drugged up. Her last thoughts were that of the pain rushing through her body when I cut her head off with my serrated machete. I shrugged the feeling I got every time I had to kill a person and left the shack. It wasn't worth my time and I needed to get out before a Neighborhood Watch caught me.

I opened the door and left the shack, but as soon as I took 10 steps down the street a stranger called out, "Mister Gregory is not happy with you killing his best man." I turned around to see a vicious looking ghoul with a .44 Magnum in his right hand. I sighed and it almost seemed like one of those old West standoffs I read about in my childhood books. I guess the one difference was we didn't count to three. I seemingly flashed the two 10mm pistols out of my hip holsters and fired 6 shots into the ghoul before he could even react.

Now I was really frustrated. I just had to kill a ghoul who wasn't a part of the contract. I began to start speed-walking away from the stand down and I could hear the screams of women and children a like as they just witnessed the 'Rapid Fire' in action. People could smell the blood on me from the couple in bed, but they just kept walking if they hadn't noticed the showdown. Luckily for me, Goodneighbor and the Neighborhood Watch already had a hard enough time keeping up with the squatters and other crime doers.

Eventually I made it back to my office. The same old drunk was laying back on my front door and like usual, I kicked him to the side. The drunkard grunted and decided to just go back to sleep. I walked inside and turned around my swivel chair, so that I could lay back in it and take a nap. I took my hat off and I got out of my trenchcoat. After that I just laid back and waited for the next customer to walk in.
My Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 2.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.33
Pro: Trump
Anti: Hillary

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Pacific Brotherhood of Steel
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Brotherhood of Steel » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:04 pm

The TSC
Salem

Jacob Warren, Admiral of the TSC

Jacob had never seen such advanced combat robots before in his life. Were it not for their white, rubbery skin, and their fake eyes they could pass off as human easily. This was unsettling to say the least. His men around him stirred a bit and anyone with a bit of military knowledge could see that they were communicating in their own hand based sign language. Though subtle to any outside of the Thunderfists Jacob could tell that they were picking targets and getting ready to fire if necessary. Jacob gave his own signals to the men to be ready for anything.

Then it hit him like a brick wall. The Institute. He had met someone from the Institute in the wasteland. Dr. Zimmerman was the man who was searching for a synth that was somewhere in the wasteland. Jacob found several holotapes around the wasteland in doctor’s clinics and eventually tracked this all back to Pinkerton in Rivet City. Pinkerton did several reconstructive surgeries on the synth and a full mind wipe on it and turned him into the security officer of Rivet City, Harkness. Jacob made Harkness reopen his lost memories forcing him to remember who and what he was. Jacob then told Dr. Zimmerman of Harkness who forced him into a manual reset and disappeared but not before implanting a chip into Jacob that made his reflexes faster than normal. He also was able to take Harkness’ plasma rifle from him as Zimmerman said, “He would have no use for it any longer.”

Jacob couldn’t let a programmable man run amok in Rivet City. It had already shown willingness to break from its programming and he could be used for evil if he was to fall in the wrong hands. It only made sense to return the android where it came from. In doing so he felt that he was protecting the citizens of Rivet City. It was the best option out of the many given to him.

Jacob stood up, still mostly covered by the dropbox, making himself apparent to all. “I am Jacob Warren, Admiral of the Terran Space Command. We arrived here to this abandoned city just mere days ago and we assumed that no one claimed it as their own. So, it is under our control now. Who are you?”
Last edited by Pacific Brotherhood of Steel on Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alinora
Minister

Founded: Jun 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alinora » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:01 pm

Pacific Brotherhood of Steel wrote:“I am Jacob Warren, Admiral of the Terran Space Command. We arrived here to this abandoned city just mere days ago and we assumed that no one claimed it as their own. So, it is under our control now. Who are you?”

For some reason, the name "Jacob Warren" sounded familiar to Ben, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. He maintained a calm expression while a flash of light erupted on the other side of town - a second squad, led by X6-88, that was going to increase their presence. The secondary squad would enter the ruins of Salem and take refuge in a few buildings - waiting for the order to either engage, or not. Director Avery spoke.

"The Commonwealth belongs to the people who inhabit it, but the Institute are the ones who keep the peace, enforce the law, and protect it from all threats - foreign and domestic." He paused, not trying to sound intimidating, but trying to be passive. "I didn't come here because I wanted to kill you, though. If I wanted you dead, there's a good chance all of you would already be. I came here because I want to talk - learn who you are, and why you're here."

Alinora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alinora » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:21 pm

Skyhooked wrote:Then he quietly speaks with Eddy.- "Damn it! Would be better if I didn't mention some details... Well, hope we will get some mercenary job then... Get some caps, and get to know the Commonwealth better."

-"Well, we won't refuse mercenary contracts too... If they accept our offer of course"

The two Synths were creepily silent for a moment before one spoke in the same deep, mechanical voice. "The Institute does not employ anyone who is not a legal resident or registered visitor to the Commonwealth. Please proceed to the Commonwealth Department of Trade and Commerce Admittance Office, located in Bunker Hill to gain possession of a Commonwealth Trade Permit. To acquire Visitor Status, please report to a Public Relations Office at any of the following locations: Sanctuary, Starlight, Concord, Bunker Hill, Diamond City, Egret Tours Marina, Jamaica Plain, or Diamond City." The Synth paused. "If you wish to visit the Public Relations Office within Sanctuary, please leave your caravan at the designated station on the other side of the bridge. We will allow all human members of the caravan to enter Sanctuary walls after handing over all firearms and miscellaneous weapons to Institute or Minutemen authorities."

Skyhooked
Senator

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:22 am

Alinora wrote:
Skyhooked wrote:Then he quietly speaks with Eddy.- "Damn it! Would be better if I didn't mention some details... Well, hope we will get some mercenary job then... Get some caps, and get to know the Commonwealth better."

-"Well, we won't refuse mercenary contracts too... If they accept our offer of course"

The two Synths were creepily silent for a moment before one spoke in the same deep, mechanical voice. "The Institute does not employ anyone who is not a legal resident or registered visitor to the Commonwealth. Please proceed to the Commonwealth Department of Trade and Commerce Admittance Office, located in Bunker Hill to gain possession of a Commonwealth Trade Permit. To acquire Visitor Status, please report to a Public Relations Office at any of the following locations: Sanctuary, Starlight, Concord, Bunker Hill, Diamond City, Egret Tours Marina, Jamaica Plain, or Diamond City." The Synth paused. "If you wish to visit the Public Relations Office within Sanctuary, please leave your caravan at the designated station on the other side of the bridge. We will allow all human members of the caravan to enter Sanctuary walls after handing over all firearms and miscellaneous weapons to Institute or Minutemen authorities."

Kelly looks a bit annoyed. He makes another sip and says: "Now just hold on... I actually have visitor's papers. *Shows registration documents.* I acquired them, because I wouldn't be able to rent a building in Concord as the headquarters... As for trading permit, I will head to Bunker Hill soon. And as for work... Since I have valid papers, can we apply for some mercenary job? So we can at least cover the income we didn't get due to local laws. What? I am sure, that there are still enough scum in the Commonwealth, which needs a good punch... or perhaps some rare items, you need to get but your bureaucratic governemnt won't give them. If there is no job for us, we will now head to the Bunker Hill, apply for the permit."
Skyhooked is MT/PMT with a few FT elements. Military is factbook only. NS stats are mostly non canon.
If you wanna know more about this haven of sin: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=418281&start=1

Our country offers: Alcohol, guns, cigars, weed, gambling, beaches and tons of souvenirs. And our current special: PL-74 Plasma rifle 25% discount!

Refreshing News:
Skyhooked is at war with Octavia, still holding agaisnt endless hordes of robots, vampires and traitors of humanity!/Global Defense Council was formed to help Earth hold agaisnt invasion./Luckily, we survived long enough and forces of Mandate of Humanity have arrived. (https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=484352)

Alinora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alinora » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:51 am

Skyhooked wrote:Kelly looks a bit annoyed. He makes another sip and says: "Now just hold on... I actually have visitor's papers. *Shows registration documents.* I acquired them, because I wouldn't be able to rent a building in Concord as the headquarters... As for trading permit, I will head to Bunker Hill soon. And as for work... Since I have valid papers, can we apply for some mercenary job? So we can at least cover the income we didn't get due to local laws. What? I am sure, that there are still enough scum in the Commonwealth, which needs a good punch... or perhaps some rare items, you need to get but your bureaucratic government won't give them. If there is no job for us, we will now head to the Bunker Hill, apply for the permit."

The synths, once again, were silent as the processed the request, but the same synth eventually spoke. "If you wish to find available mercenary jobs, please report to the Public Relations Office, located inside Sanctuary." One Synth turned and nodded, and the gate began to open.

Skyhooked
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:06 am

Alinora wrote:
Skyhooked wrote:Kelly looks a bit annoyed. He makes another sip and says: "Now just hold on... I actually have visitor's papers. *Shows registration documents.* I acquired them, because I wouldn't be able to rent a building in Concord as the headquarters... As for trading permit, I will head to Bunker Hill soon. And as for work... Since I have valid papers, can we apply for some mercenary job? So we can at least cover the income we didn't get due to local laws. What? I am sure, that there are still enough scum in the Commonwealth, which needs a good punch... or perhaps some rare items, you need to get but your bureaucratic government won't give them. If there is no job for us, we will now head to the Bunker Hill, apply for the permit."

The synths, once again, were silent as the processed the request, but the same synth eventually spoke. "If you wish to find available mercenary jobs, please report to the Public Relations Office, located inside Sanctuary." One Synth turned and nodded, and the gate began to open.

"Thanks alot! Okay folk, wait for me there, I will settle few things."- Gladly says John Kelly, while giving a sign for his caravan to wait. A bit sooner he gives his shotgun and pistol to the caravan, since he isn't sure that Minutemen or Institute will return them. Then he enters the gates.

Looks like Sanctuary was something unlike most of the settlements John Kelly saw. For a second he thought, that he returned back in time to the pre-war utopia.

"That's... awesome. I never saw towns like that. I didn't do Jet, so I can tell, that Institute managed to do impressive job. As soon as I return to caravan, gonna tell that to them... It looks even a bit better than Vault city"- He voices, while sipping from flask. Looks like he was so impressed, that he missed the Public Relations Office. However he managed to quickly find it again.

Soon he entered the office, and asked the synth behind the desk.

"Helo sir. I asked around for the mercenary job for me and my people, and I was adviced to ask there. I know, that there are some contracts, so if there are any I would be glad to hear them."
Skyhooked is MT/PMT with a few FT elements. Military is factbook only. NS stats are mostly non canon.
If you wanna know more about this haven of sin: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=418281&start=1

Our country offers: Alcohol, guns, cigars, weed, gambling, beaches and tons of souvenirs. And our current special: PL-74 Plasma rifle 25% discount!

Refreshing News:
Skyhooked is at war with Octavia, still holding agaisnt endless hordes of robots, vampires and traitors of humanity!/Global Defense Council was formed to help Earth hold agaisnt invasion./Luckily, we survived long enough and forces of Mandate of Humanity have arrived. (https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=484352)

Alinora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alinora » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:10 am

Skyhooked wrote:"Hello sir. I asked around for the mercenary job for me and my people, and I was advised to ask there. I know, that there are some contracts, so if there are any I would be glad to hear them."

The Synth behind the desk was from the 1st Generation, and basically looked like a mechanical skeleton with a computer in front of it. It looked up when the man spoke, and responded. "Welcome to the Sanctuary Office of Public Relations. I am R-918271. If you would like to speak with a representative for work, please provide identification papers."

Skyhooked
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:15 am

Alinora wrote:
Skyhooked wrote:"Hello sir. I asked around for the mercenary job for me and my people, and I was advised to ask there. I know, that there are some contracts, so if there are any I would be glad to hear them."

The Synth behind the desk was from the 1st Generation, and basically looked like a mechanical skeleton with a computer in front of it. It looked up when the man spoke, and responded. "Welcome to the Sanctuary Office of Public Relations. I am R-918271. If you would like to speak with a representative for work, please provide identification papers."

"Oh, almost forgot. Here. *Shows his registration documents* Just like when I rented the building for living. I will wait till you check them and representative appears... Oh and... Gotta admit I didn't saw such robots outside Commonwealth, I came from a far place..."

Refreshing News:

Alinora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alinora » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:21 am

Skyhooked wrote:"Oh, almost forgot. Here. *Shows his registration documents* Just like when I rented the building for living. I will wait till you check them and representative appears... Oh and... Gotta admit I didn't saw such robots outside Commonwealth, I came from a far place..."

The synth took the papers, stood up, and disappeared behind a door. A few moments later, a woman - likely in her mid 40s - entered the room from the same door, looking over the paper. Unlike the synth, she looked like a person - as she was meant to - while she was actually simply a Synth as well. "Alright Mr... John Kelly" she said, still looking at the paper. "You said you were looking for work? Well, take the door to your left, I'll meet you inside."

When the man would enter the office, she was already inside - entering from a different door. The room had two flags in each corner, on poles - one being the old flag of the United States, and the other, the Institute's flag. She took a seat while motioning for him to do the same, and turned on her terminal. "Well Mr. Kelly, would you mind telling me a little about yourself? Where you're from, why you've come to the Commonwealth?"

Skyhooked
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:41 am

Alinora wrote:
Skyhooked wrote:"Oh, almost forgot. Here. *Shows his registration documents* Just like when I rented the building for living. I will wait till you check them and representative appears... Oh and... Gotta admit I didn't saw such robots outside Commonwealth, I came from a far place..."

The synth took the papers, stood up, and disappeared behind a door. A few moments later, a woman - likely in her mid 40s - entered the room from the same door, looking over the paper. Unlike the synth, she looked like a person - as she was meant to - while she was actually simply a Synth as well. "Alright Mr... John Kelly" she said, still looking at the paper. "You said you were looking for work? Well, take the door to your left, I'll meet you inside."

When the man would enter the office, she was already inside - entering from a different door. The room had two flags in each corner, on poles - one being the old flag of the United States, and the other, the Institute's flag. She took a seat while motioning for him to do the same, and turned on her terminal. "Well Mr. Kelly, would you mind telling me a little about yourself? Where you're from, why you've come to the Commonwealth?"

John Kelly gladly responds, eager to find a job -"Well, I came from the South West, from New California Republic... I used to work for the Crimson Caravan, mostly as caravan driver, but sometimes took mercenary contracts. I made many friends there, we got ourselves in many situations. I left my former employer with friends, when we were cheated and didn't get the payment. Then we created a Silk trails company and headed north-east, to find a nice permanent place to trade. Why we came to Commonwealth? Because we heared, that this prosperous place may yield many caps for a good trader.

If you want more about my qualities...well. I am pretty good at commerce, and know some tricks to get traders buy and sell for better prices. Also, I am good with most guns, since caravan driving job is not safe. Especially in less civilized places. I also can cook well, and know something about science. Where did I learn science? Trust me, on bitter experiece... So now I can estimate real price of some high tech equipment, and won't buy for a trick where a piece of toaster with lamps is sold as "Quantum impeller of the lesser dual core reactor.""
Last edited by Skyhooked on Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Refreshing News:

Alinora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alinora » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:54 am

Skyhooked wrote:...

The woman typed all the information into her terminal as the man spoke - explaining where he came from, his talents, and many other things about himself. She was silent as she spoke, and as he concluded, she continued typing. "Well, Mr. Kelly, the Institute currently has two open jobs... you'll get your hands dirty on both, but the pay is alright." She turned the terminal to him, showing the two listings.

Code: Select all
-- AVAILABLE OPERATION 1 --
-- Mission: Harass and eliminate members of the Gunner Garrison
-- Pay: Ranging from 2,000 - 7,000 caps, depending on performance.

-- AVAILABLE OPERATION 2 --
-- Mission: Eliminate Super Mutants who've made location their fortress
-- Pay: 10,500 caps

Skyhooked
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:15 am

Alinora wrote:
Skyhooked wrote:...

The woman typed all the information into her terminal as the man spoke - explaining where he came from, his talents, and many other things about himself. She was silent as she spoke, and as he concluded, she continued typing. "Well, Mr. Kelly, the Institute currently has two open jobs... you'll get your hands dirty on both, but the pay is alright." She turned the terminal to him, showing the two listings.

Kelly looks at the list and decisevly says: "We will do the first one! Gunners are total scum. Their small group attacked our caravan on it's way to starlight... and one of the attackers fired a lucky shot and killed one of our men, don't bother with the hostile group now, our caravan killed it. Expect pretty good performance, since this one will be our personal vendetta.

And details: Will we have to attack alone? Or we will have to rejoin with one of your groups and have those metal skeletons by our side? Second: Do you have the information about building layout? And third: Is there some intel on enemy numbers and/or equipment?"
Last edited by Skyhooked on Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Refreshing News:

Alinora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alinora » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:22 am

Skyhooked wrote:
Alinora wrote:The woman typed all the information into her terminal as the man spoke - explaining where he came from, his talents, and many other things about himself. She was silent as she spoke, and as he concluded, she continued typing. "Well, Mr. Kelly, the Institute currently has two open jobs... you'll get your hands dirty on both, but the pay is alright." She turned the terminal to him, showing the two listings.

Kelly looks at the list and decisevly says: "We will do the first one! Gunners are total scum. Their small group attacked our caravan on it's way to starlight... and one of the attackers fired a lucky shot and killed one of our men, don't bother with the hostile group now, our caravan killed it. Expect pretty good performance, since this one will be our personal vendetta.

And details: Will we have to attack alone? Or we will have to rejoin with one of your groups and have those metal skeletons by our side? Second: Do you have the information about building layout? And third: Is there some intel on enemy numbers and/or equipment?"

The woman was quick to respond. "We do have a few files on the facility that we will give you copies of, but we don't have confirmed numbers. Our estimates put their numbers at a few hundred, but we have no solid statistics." She paused, looking through the information on her terminal. "They're well armed, but so long as you stay a good distance away, it won't matter. We only want you to pick them off - lower their numbers a bit and tear their morale down a notch. We aren't asking you to capture the place - just make their lives hell."

Skyhooked
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:04 pm

"No need to capture... hundreds, well armed. We have the layout. Roger that. Their numbers are much larger, but we will do our best. As one man said, there are two typed of caravaneers, tough n' clever one, and a dead one."- Responds John Kelly, takes the files and leaves the office.

After that he buys some Nuka-cola, handles his thirst and goes back to caravan. Soon it returns to the Concord and meets with other ones. All Silk trails company members except one, were resting in the building after the long road. Looks like they managed to earn pretty much money. They took some alcohol and celebrated their successful operation for a few hours, but didn't drink much since John Kelly warned them about their mission.

That was a nice rest, and the caravaneers feeled relieved. However the fact, that one of them, Jasper, didn't make it saddened them. However the though that he died like a true caravaneer and that he would be avenged raised their spirit.

Then after another hour, John Kelly gathered them again and started his briefing.

"Okay folk! We have another golden opportunity, that would avenge our fallen brother and make us rich! The Institute, a major local figure offered us a bounty for an attack on the Gunners at Parsons State Insane Asylum... You can see it on the map there. We have the layout and intel. There are many gunners... so we must do some population control. Got it? Great.

Me, Eddy, fourteen men and Nash, our supermutant will go and show them, that those bandits picked a wrong caravan company. I recommend to take long ranged weaponery. And put silencers on it, so our position won't be compromised.

The rest, can enjoy the recreational stay there. I didn't pick the wounded, so they can have psychological recovery."

In half of an hour, a strike team gathered their weapons, gear and headed towards Parsons State Insane Asylum. They spent many hours getting there while making some stops, so they won't get tired. They had to awoid hostile patrols, and succeeded with that.

Finally, at the evening they arrived to the destination. A large building, which was guarded tight was the target of the Silk Trails company.

John Kelly gave the first orders: "Okay, there are many of those bandits... so try to strike them quiet, one by one. We split up on two groups. Alpha and Bravo. I will lead alpha, Eddy, take the Bravo group. We attack from two directions, and kill as much as we can. Nash the supermutant will cover us with minigun fire in case our positions are compromised." Then Eddy and Kelly positioned two groups and soon Kelly was targeting one of the gunners from the sniper rifle, which he took from the armory room in his headquarters.

The arrangement was that: All snipers (There were seven) will pick their targets, and as soon as the signal is given they shoot them. Kelly's first shot at the gunner near the enterance will be a signal for starting the operation. He targeted his unsupecting victim, and watched victim's every movement. As soon as he deemed that it was a fit time, he held his breath for a moment and slowly pulled the trigger.

The operation had started.
Last edited by Skyhooked on Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Refreshing News:

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:10 pm

Weedsport, New York
Columbia Forward Operating Base

Lieutenant Colonel Charles Richardson of Columbia Brigade

Charles after he got word from about Lieutenant O'Conner's order had started to examine the map and locations that had been sent over. The town as small, minus the two schools the town provided little for a possible "mutie" camp. To reach the farthest gas station the company would need to go pass one of the schools should the two gas stations provide the supplies needed. Charles looked at the company as they prepared themselves. Most wore standard pre-war military fatigues, with post-war armor. Charles sighed, he realized how far the Enclave had fallen. The Cincinnati base was a massive developer of technology advancements following the destruction of the Oil Rig. Where Charles had seen Power Armor on almost every soldier it was reserved to only a minority. Charles thought of the X-01 his mother had helped develop sitting in it's truck. It was one of the few Enclave power armor they had left, most subjugated to outdated T-51bs and T-45ds.

Charles adjusted his Enclave Officer cap, and then knelt over next to his communication officer, Dickinson. Dickinson was one of the few soldiers from Cincinnati that followed him after the coup. Dickinson adjusted some of the knobs until the signal was established. He gave a thumbs up to Charles who nodded and lifted himself up so that Company A could spot him. He raised his hand in the air and gave the signal, two fingers and pointed to the city. Then Company A, divided into two squads. Squad Georgia led by Squad Leader Johnson and Squad York led by Squad Leader Carver. Johnson led his squad east and south while Carver went north and west. They planned to meet up at the old Justice Court and then should they not have any petroleum move on to the last station.

"This is Richardson, squads report in." Charles asked as he took his microphone and headset.

"Georgia, reporting in. We've begun our search, we just passed...Jeff street. Sorry, it's amazing that the sign is still up."

"That's Jefferson street, soon you'll be coming up at a split, head forward through the housing area. Then report back in once you've reached a street."

"Yes, sir!"

"York, do you copy?"

"Yes, sir!"

"Good, I want you to follow that river until you reach the highway. From there, make your way north east and once you've reached Brutus street hold your position and wait for Johnson to arrive."

"Yes, sir."

Charles removed his headset and nodded to his communication officer. Charles looked at the town before them, he felt some kind of uneasiness. The Enclave was weakened, and if word of mouth was to be believed. There was some kind of powerful faction rising in the east, one that Charles knew stood in the way of rebuilding America.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:17 pm

Alinora wrote:
Pacific Brotherhood of Steel wrote:“I am Jacob Warren, Admiral of the Terran Space Command. We arrived here to this abandoned city just mere days ago and we assumed that no one claimed it as their own. So, it is under our control now. Who are you?”

For some reason, the name "Jacob Warren" sounded familiar to Ben, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. He maintained a calm expression while a flash of light erupted on the other side of town - a second squad, led by X6-88, that was going to increase their presence. The secondary squad would enter the ruins of Salem and take refuge in a few buildings - waiting for the order to either engage, or not. Director Avery spoke.

"The Commonwealth belongs to the people who inhabit it, but the Institute are the ones who keep the peace, enforce the law, and protect it from all threats - foreign and domestic." He paused, not trying to sound intimidating, but trying to be passive. "I didn't come here because I wanted to kill you, though. If I wanted you dead, there's a good chance all of you would already be. I came here because I want to talk - learn who you are, and why you're here."

Elliot had been helping with the whole 'make the place livable' thing. The health hazards of all the nails sticking out and coral were rather serious concerns of his. So he set off to find Warren. The leader of this merry band of space pirates, and one of the few friends he could honestly say he had.

Though the voice he was speaking to was something he was familiar with. As was the face. And somewhere deep in his mind it clicked, and was pushed to the forfront, Ben Avery, a member of the ranger Platoon he was attached to. "Holy shit! Ben Avery!? How are you still alive after all this?"
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Pacific Brotherhood of Steel
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacific Brotherhood of Steel » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:04 pm

Anowa wrote:
Alinora wrote:For some reason, the name "Jacob Warren" sounded familiar to Ben, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. He maintained a calm expression while a flash of light erupted on the other side of town - a second squad, led by X6-88, that was going to increase their presence. The secondary squad would enter the ruins of Salem and take refuge in a few buildings - waiting for the order to either engage, or not. Director Avery spoke.

Elliot had been helping with the whole 'make the place livable' thing. The health hazards of all the nails sticking out and coral were rather serious concerns of his. So he set off to find Warren. The leader of this merry band of space pirates, and one of the few friends he could honestly say he had.

Though the voice he was speaking to was something he was familiar with. As was the face. And somewhere deep in his mind it clicked, and was pushed to the forfront, Ben Avery, a member of the ranger Platoon he was attached to. "Holy shit! Ben Avery!? How are you still alive after all this?"

Jacob snapped up when Elliot stepped out of line and spoke. He almost began to reprimand Elliot but then he bit his tongue. Elliot recognizing someone had to mean he was either losing his mind or they had somehow stumbled upon someone who was also pre-war like Elliot. The chances were extremely low but if there was anyway to defuse this situation he was going to take. Readings from the ship showed more were showing up and there were only so many of us. If he couldn't talk his way out of this then the end of the TSC could be nigh. Hopefully Elliot wasn't going insane.

He gestured for Elliot to step forward and looked to the man he had identified as Avery. As a symbol of peace he deactivated his pistol and holstered it safely. Then he gestured for his Thunderfists to lower their weapons but still keep them out. No telling where this was going. He also didn't make any movement to suggest there were anymore of them around. The men in the buildings still had the element of surprise, hopefully. He didn't need a bloodbath on his hands. "Who are you? Elliot is pre-war which means that if he recognizes you he finally lost his mind after all this time or you yourself are pre-war as well."

Alinora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alinora » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:11 am

- THE INSTITUTE -

Near Salem | Commonwealth
Director Benjamin Avery

A lot had happened in just a few moments, and Ben wasn't entirely sure what to do. He remembered the man who had recognized him - a guy named Elliot, who served as a medic with his unit back during the later years of the war. Ben had assumed Elliot was dead, or had deserted, since he recalled him vanishing one night and never being seen again. Ben wouldn't say they were "friends", frankly, Ben tried not to make friends when he was deployed. He refused to learn any of the Replacements' names for at least two weeks, since most of them would be killed before that. Still, he remembered this guy... but how was he alive. Ben held his arm out to the synths around him, who lowered their weapons, and then pressed his fingers to his ear and spoke. "Stand down." He looked between Elliot and the man who had identified himself as Jacob, and then spoke.

"Why don't we head inside and have a chat - sort through this mess." The group would make their way into Salem and proceed into one of the many desolate buildings. The Synths proceeded to simply secure the perimeter and patrol, while X6-88 stood eerily in the corner, and Ben plopped his rifle on a wooden table. When everyone had gathered around, he spoke. "Where to start..." he mumbled, trying to gather his thoughts. "My name is Ben Avery, and yes, I suppose you could call me pre-war." Whenever he thought of the times before the bombs, it always humbled him, even though it was just as violent. "I served four tours in Alaska, back during our war with the Red Chinese - served with Elliot here shortly before the Liberation of Anchorage." He then looked over to Elliot. "We thought you left - tried to escape and died in the snow, what the hell happened to you?"

Alinora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alinora » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:24 am

- THE HORDE -

Baltimore | 360 miles to the Commonwealth

There was a simplicity to the Horde that was inescapable: join or die. It was the cycle in which pushed them north, growing all along the way. Thousands of raiders marched from the smoldering ruins of Baltimore - now a graveyard even more than it had been already, all from their own doing. All that was left to mark once-prosperous settlements were blames and plumbs of smoke, and nothing more. Those who decided they wanted to live pledged their undying loyalty to Attila, and marched from their homes, leaving everyone they loved behind. Perhaps there were some who survived - the men and women who would rebuild Baltimore - but it would take some doing, for the brutal efficiency of the Horde's wrath was absolute.

The next target was Philadelphia - a wasteland ripe for the taking. They could encounter many obstacles during their journey, but it had never stopped them before, and the Horde was determined to keep moving foreword. Now with an army numbering more than 18,000, they were quickly becoming an unstoppable force.

The New Byzantine II
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The New Byzantine II » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:12 am

The Horde

Attila the Cuban
(Lorenzo Reyes)

Baltimore, Maryland
170km to Philadelhpia
659km to the Commonwealth

It's been couple of weeks after the raider army under Attila the Cuban's Horde have destroyed all of the settlements in Baltimore, many civilians have died under the Horde's conquest of Baltimore. Women and female children at the age of nine were raped by these raiders while the men and male children were forced to pledge an undying loyalty to Attila the Cuban, others who didn't pledge loyalty to the Scourge of God from the South were executed by the raiders. It's a another successful victory and a successful conquest of the Horde. Because of this successful conquest, the numbers of the Horde drastically increased, estimating more than 18,000 men and women who were savage, war-like and thirst for blood. Baltimore was nothing but an ash of smoke. Those who survive the Horde's wrath will have a long time to rebuild this city.

Attila was in his tent, having a love affair to his female advisor "Kath" who met Attila in northern Florida, perhaps they have known each other for a long time and perhaps she knew Attila's real identity, they were both part of Jeff's organized raider gang called the Mob that is located around Florida up to southern Georgia but the Mob is no more because it was gone long ago and the Mob became the Horde. They're the only ones who knew the Horde's origins. No one knew that the overall leader of the Horde and the female advisor of the Horde would have an affair. Now it's morning and their good night have passed. The female advisor would get dressed, so is Attila, the female advisor would shift her attention towards Attila.

"Hey, Lorenzo." Kath said.
"What?" Attila said.
"When do we leave this place? This place is nothing but a ruin, worse than the bombs."

Attila chuckles, "I don't know-.. let's see." Attila would turn on his Pip-Boy and went to the map, he zoomed the map and he decides what will be the next target is. The nearest city was Philadelphia which is almost two hundred kilometres away from here.

"Philadelphia." Attila said. "Let's destroy another settlement, shall we?" Attila smirks as he approached his female advisor, kissing her lips and went outside of the tent. As he went outside of the tent, the raiders would simply stop and bow and after that the raiders would chant about Attila if Attila's presence was there. This has proven that in the Horde society; Attila is praised a great leader to these raiders, it's because of his charismatic skills-..somehow and it has also been proven that the raiders inside the Horde were disciplined than the other raiders who were unorganized, bunch of idiots, etc. The raiders wore red sash on their shoulder with a red insignia of the Horde so they could be identified as a member of the Horde.

Hours later, Attila; dressing a raider armor suit, have rallied more than 18,000 men and women to move to another place to destroy which the next target is Philadelphia. It has also been proven that the Horde is a nomadic hostile faction. If you compare Attila's Hunnic Empire and Attila's Horde, they're the same. The Horde would march to the Philadelphia via I-95 N highway. The highway would be occupied by the Horde. Attila the Cuban, his female advisor and the lieutenants of Attila would be riding their large Brahmin while the rest were walking but most of them are well-supplied. The supplies they gathered are from the people of Baltimore whom were either slained or joined the Horde.
Formerly The New Byzantine. Your typical NationStates member since late 2014.
Just call me Byzantine/TNB/Byz because no one really calls me The New Byzantine.

Left-wing nationalist, civic nationalist and a social democratic corporatist.

Kumbhalgarh wrote:Shwetang teleported out of the car. He teleported behind of the teacher, and poked a stick into his/her butt, and then Shwetang teleported back.

Parcia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 11, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Parcia » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:12 am

Tera Rhody

She let a sigh and turned to were the man had motioned her to go. "Thanks..." She slowly walked aocrss the street, trying her best to act casual and to not draw attention to her self...and to not bleed out any more then she had already. Of course she needed to see a doctor, but the mission came first, something she had spent 3 months walking through hell and back just to complete.

She stepped in side the office just as the women and the trader left. She walked up to were the automaton sat. She had been briefed on the possible tech of the Institute, but the Gen 1 Synth was still new to her.

"Um...Request to address governing body of the Institute on grounds of Diplomatic envoy?"
So apparently Cobalt has named me a Cyber terrorist, I honestly don't know to be Honored or offended.
Right leaning Centrist from Florida No I am not The Floridaman...hes my uncle. Other then that dont @ me about politics, im leaving that
hell hole behind until I leave Uni.
I reserve all rights to my posts, OCs, and contributions to any threads I post on.
I'm a Pagan too, figure that shit out!
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media ... e_Lock.gif storage
Hooyah Navy.

Alinora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alinora » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:17 am

Parcia wrote:...

The Synth had just sat back down and began typing when yet another visitor entered the Public Relations Office, dressed in odd armor that wouldn't likely be seen in the Commonwealth. After the request that was made, the Generation 1 Synth looked up at her, silent for a moment, before continuing to type and ignoring her completely. It was likely a minute of odd silence before the synth spoke in a high-pitched, mechanical voice.

"Please state your name and association."

Parcia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 11, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Parcia » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:33 am

Tera Rhody

"Please state your name and association."

"Rhody, Tera, Captain, New California Republic 7th Ranger division. Diplomatic envoy from the New California Republic." She almost laughed in glee at the prospect of making progress, as well as the fact that the only person who had been helpful so far was a damn robot.

On the outside, she would remain deadpan and calm, trying her best to match the cold steely eyes of this metal man.
So apparently Cobalt has named me a Cyber terrorist, I honestly don't know to be Honored or offended.
Right leaning Centrist from Florida No I am not The Floridaman...hes my uncle. Other then that dont @ me about politics, im leaving that
hell hole behind until I leave Uni.
I reserve all rights to my posts, OCs, and contributions to any threads I post on.
I'm a Pagan too, figure that shit out!
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media ... e_Lock.gif storage
Hooyah Navy.

Alinora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alinora » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:38 am

Parcia wrote:"Rhody, Tera, Captain, New California Republic 7th Ranger division. Diplomatic envoy from the New California Republic."

The synth typed away on the terminal, logging all of the information, which would eventually be transferred onto an external storage space and brought via agent to the Institute. There was a minute or two of silence as the synth types, but he eventually paused, and while still staring at the screen, spoke. "Our current file on the New California Republic is very small - 'The New California Republic' is the governing body of the pre-war states of California, with portions of Oregon, Nevada, and Baja California under it's control. The NCR has a large and formidable army, and is a major powerhouse in the West.'" The Synth looked at Tera Rhody. "Is this accurate? Is there anything that must be added?"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse