NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2016 Political RP [CLOSED] OOC Pt. IV

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:47 pm

Jovuistan wrote:
Chewion wrote:All brought to you by your local Democratic Party.

Well, the Governor is a Republican, so it's not all the Dem's fault.

The current one. This has been building for decades.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:53 pm

Jovuistan wrote:
Chewion wrote:All brought to you by your local Democratic Party.

Well, the Governor is a Republican, so it's not all the Dem's fault.

This problem has existed since long, long before Rauner-and he is in little position to contribute to it even if he wished to. Madigan continues to operate as the state's real head, with Rauner unable to push through any significant reforms. He finally realized this, and did the only thing he could do-hang on his veto power over the budget until he agreed to compromise. We are now reaching twenty-one months in which the state has not passed a budget at all-Rauner is, of course, doomed on re-election, his victory took a perfect storm, and he still barely pulled it off with a massive amount of spending and a late surge. (Illinois has 102 counties, he won 101 of them. Quinn won Cook County alone, and it was nearly enough). The problem is vastly more deep-seated than he, and it is a problem that no one Governor can solve regardless of skill without a fundamental change to the way politics works on Illinois.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:30 am

We need to have the NY Senate race.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Canton Empire
Senator

Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:36 am

Why must Green die to Overstein's hands?
President of the Republic of Saint Osmund
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:40 am

Canton Empire wrote:Why must Green die to Overstein's hands?

Green has been an embarrassment to the party.

-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass

What have we done...

Canton Empire
Senator

Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:47 am

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
Canton Empire wrote:Why must Green die to Overstein's hands?

Green has been an embarrassment to the party.

lol despite Donald Johnson, Gianna Carrollton and Robert Danders?
President of the Republic of Saint Osmund
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:49 am

Canton Empire wrote:
Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:Green has been an embarrassment to the party.

lol despite Donald Johnson, Gianna Carrollton and Robert Danders?

He cannot go kill the Pres. nominee, and VP nominee(as much as he would like), too high profile, and he finds Donald Johnson and his stupidity very useful.

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Apror
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:41 am

Are y'all really talking political assassination?
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment
5. Pro Equality between all people.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 am

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
Canton Empire wrote:lol despite Donald Johnson, Gianna Carrollton and Robert Danders?

He cannot go kill the Pres. nominee, and VP nominee(as much as he would like), too high profile, and he finds Donald Johnson and his stupidity very useful.

Donald Johnson is also too high profile
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

The Portland Territory
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Portland Territory » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:57 am

Sanabel wrote:
Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:He cannot go kill the Pres. nominee, and VP nominee(as much as he would like), too high profile, and he finds Donald Johnson and his stupidity very useful.

He is simply the highest profile
Korwin-Mikke 2020
Տխերք հավակեկ բոզերա. Կոոնել կոոնելով Արաչ ենկ երտոոմ մինչեվ Բակու

16 year old Monarchist from Rhode Island. Interested in economics, governance, metaphysical philosophy, European + Near Eastern history, vexillology, faith, hunting, automotive, ranching, science fiction, music, and anime.

Pro: Absolute Monarchy, Lex Rex, Subsidiarity, Guild Capitalism, Property Rights, Tridentine Catholicism, Unlimited Gun Rights, Hierarchy, Traditionalism, Ethnic Nationalism, Irredentism
Mixed: Fascism, Anarcho Capitalism, Donald Trump
Against: Democracy/ Democratic Republicanism, Egalitarianism, Direct Taxation, Cultural Marxism, Redistribution of Wealth

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:58 am

Sanabel wrote:
Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:He cannot go kill the Pres. nominee, and VP nominee(as much as he would like), too high profile, and he finds Donald Johnson and his stupidity very useful.

Yeah, no kill plox.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:22 am

The Portland Territory wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Donald Johnson is also too high profile

He is simply the highest profile

The NPC citizens all expect him to be the 46th or 47th president.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

United City States of Oceania
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United City States of Oceania » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:30 am

Apror, it isn't Drumf, it's Drumpf.
Main Nation Ministry wrote:
Dentali wrote:
What is this? Captain America: Civil War?

No that had attractive people

This is the realistic version of that movie, then.

Uttland wrote:Why are the Reeds speaking Baguette? Don’t they know that in America we don’t tolerate Muslim languages like Baguette?

Liriena wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:Would you give your kid to the Donald? Why or why not?

I wouldn't give him a f**king cockroach to look after. He'd probably nominate it for SCOTUS.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United City States of Oceania » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:33 am

Prolieum wrote:
Jovuistan wrote:Well, the Governor is a Republican, so it's not all the Dem's fault.

This problem has existed since long, long before Rauner-and he is in little position to contribute to it even if he wished to. Madigan continues to operate as the state's real head, with Rauner unable to push through any significant reforms. He finally realized this, and did the only thing he could do-hang on his veto power over the budget until he agreed to compromise. We are now reaching twenty-one months in which the state has not passed a budget at all-Rauner is, of course, doomed on re-election, his victory took a perfect storm, and he still barely pulled it off with a massive amount of spending and a late surge. (Illinois has 102 counties, he won 101 of them. Quinn won Cook County alone, and it was nearly enough). The problem is vastly more deep-seated than he, and it is a problem that no one Governor can solve regardless of skill without a fundamental change to the way politics works on Illinois.

So...
What do I do?
Dentali wrote:

Uttland wrote:Why are the Reeds speaking Baguette? Don’t they know that in America we don’t tolerate Muslim languages like Baguette?

Liriena wrote:

I wouldn't give him a f**king cockroach to look after. He'd probably nominate it for SCOTUS.

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:35 am

United City States of Oceania wrote:Apror, it isn't Drumf, it's Drumpf.

Right, Drumpf.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:36 am

United City States of Oceania wrote:
Prolieum wrote:

So...
What do I do?

Well, maybe you should find a political scapegoat? (No Republicans Plox)
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United City States of Oceania » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:38 am

Apror wrote:
United City States of Oceania wrote:So...
What do I do?

Well, maybe you should find a political scapegoat? (No Republicans Plox)

Nah, I actually want to solve the problems, not throw someone else under the bus.
Dentali wrote:

Liriena wrote:

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:41 am

Apror wrote:Well, maybe you should find a political scapegoat? (No Republicans Plox)

Nah, I actually want to solve the problems, not throw someone else under the bus.

Well that's politics. It's good you want to solve the problem, though if you ever want that opportunity, you have to draw some heat off.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:51 am

Apror wrote:Well, maybe you should find a political scapegoat? (No Republicans Plox)

Get tough. Cut down on spending. Freeze all hiring if state workers.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:52 am

Prolieum wrote:

So...
What do I do?

While there are some actions you can take, they simply are not politically viable-you could not pass them, and you would make yourself hated if you did.

The only feasible option outside of arranging the lounge chairs on the Titanic is to beg for federal intervention.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:53 am

Prolieum wrote:
United City States of Oceania wrote:So...
What do I do?

While there are some actions you can take, they simply are not politically viable-you could not pass them, and you would make yourself hated if you did.

The only feasible option outside of arranging the lounge chairs on the Titanic is to beg for federal intervention.

He's right. You need big poppa government.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:00 am

There are still some reforms you can attempt to fight through the legislature-not solutions, but steps, at the least, but it would behoove you to wait until after the election, lest Jackson further damage the Progressive brand.
Male.

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:05 am

Prolieum wrote:There are still some reforms you can attempt to fight through the legislature-not solutions, but steps, at the least, but it would behoove you to wait until after the election, lest Jackson further damage the Progressive brand.

Question, I want to become Mayor of Dallas, how do you think that will work? I'm currently a Representative of District Representative of District 33 of Texas which contains Dallas and live in Dallas. The people here more.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:33 am

Apror wrote:
Prolieum wrote:There are still some reforms you can attempt to fight through the legislature-not solutions, but steps, at the least, but it would behoove you to wait until after the election, lest Jackson further damage the Progressive brand.

Question, I want to become Mayor of Dallas, how do you think that will work? I'm currently a Representative of District Representative of District 33 of Texas which contains Dallas and live in Dallas. The people here more.

I'll handle that.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby United City States of Oceania » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:46 am

Chewion wrote:
Apror wrote:Question, I want to become Mayor of Dallas, how do you think that will work? I'm currently a Representative of District Representative of District 33 of Texas which contains Dallas and live in Dallas. The people here more.

I'll handle that.

Apror's character is in Georgia right now.
Dentali wrote:

Liriena wrote:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse