NATION

PASSWORD

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure:Star-cross Tour (Dead, Reboot soon)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure:Star-cross Tour (Dead, Reboot soon)

Postby The Valyria Empire » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:27 pm

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Star-cross Tour

A very special thanks to Turmenista for creating NationStates' first JoJo's Bizarre Adventure RP and for laying the groundwork for the OP. Also major thanks to Britanania for continuing the Jojo Dream

The Story Thus Far

In 1938 there was a man named Joah Joestar, who descended from the Joestar bloodline. Joah was a famous gangster in New York at the time, however his life was flipped upside down when his gang was destroyed by an extremist group that worshipped the mysterious Pillar Men. After having his gang destroyed, Joah traveled to Egypt to avenge his fallen gang members. Once there he encountered many allies and enemies. In the end, after killing Wayne, a very powerful Pillar Men Joah came face to face with the leader of the Pillar Men. Duran, had desired the Red Stone of Aja that Joah carried. After two encounters, Joah lost the Stone to the Pillar Man. Duran was able to use the stone to become the Ultimate Lifeform! Joah thought all was lost when facing Duran however, while fighting he was piecered by a Stand Arrow allowing him to gain the Stand Way Back Home. With this stand he was able to use Hamon through the Stand which stunned Duran. With this, he was able to use the Red Stone of Aja to blast Duran onto a German rocket however not before losing his right foot. The rocket then launched into the atmosphere and carried Duran into space where she continues to drift...

Following the Battle of Egypt, Joah returned to America where he would have a daughter named Holly Joestar. Holly would go on to marry a famous jazz musician from Japan and have one son named Jonasu. This is Jonasu's Bizarre Adventure...

The Premise

This is a Role Play based on the popular manga and anime series JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Set in an alternate universe without any of the canon characters, our plot begins in 1983 in the United States of America. David Bowie, legendary rock star has begun the largest tour America has ever seen. They will start in Washington and tour all 50 states and even Newfoundland. However, random people have gone missing after the first stop. It's up to our protagonist Jonasu Kujo and his group of allies to solve this mystery while traveling with the tour. We start in Seattle, Washington.

The Main Concepts

The world of JoJo is, to put it simply, bizarre. With a multitude of supernatural forces operating, it can be quite mind boggling to think about it all. I'll take the time now to explain a few of the stranger concepts.

Stands:

Probably the most iconic and well known bizarre thing thing of our world (well, among this audience) are Stands. Stands are supernatural/psychic powers unique to a certain group of people. Typically ones stand manifests itself either when they're deemed worthy after being hit by a certain Arrow, or when the user goes into puberty. In the case of not being hit by the Arrow, its usually the latter.

Stands follow several rules, some of which are altered in this RP. For one, a stand is bound to its user as a physical manifestation of their willpower. That being said, they can only have one, and that one stand guards its user in various ways. Capable of being inherited, A Stand is part of its user, and damage is usually reflected between the two like a mirror (ex: cutting off stand's arm cuts off user's arm). Usually, Stands may only be seen by Stand users; the exception being Stands bound to physical objects. However, in our world, the user, with enough willpower, is capable of willing their stand to be able to be viewed by everyone with their own mental capabilities. A Stand can only be directly damaged by another Stand or by Hamon. A Stand's energy or power is inversely proportional to their operating range. The further a Stand is from its user, the weaker it becomes – Long-range Stands and/or Stands' long-range abilities are simpler in mechanism. Usually stands have a certain radius of operation they can be in before they will be unable to move past a certain point - some have even been capable of having more than 50 meters of range, while the stronger ones usually are limited to 10 or less meters.

After a Stand is defeated the user is either knocked unconscious or killed, depending on the level of injury.

Stands that also focus on melee combat can usually preform attack rushes - rapid punches or kicks alongside a signature stand cry.

Rules

• The OP's word is law. That isn't to say that my mind can't be changed, of course.
  • Co-OPs are my eyes and ears when I am unavailable. Respect them as you would be
  • Absolutely no one liners. One liners are the death of RPs, and if you can't write AT LEAST three lines, wait until you can do so.
  • No godmodding, meta gaming, et cetera. If you don't know how a fight should end, plan it out ahead of time.
  • Have fun! This is a JoJo RP, after all. It's supposed to be fun, over the top, and kind of goofy.

The Application
Code: Select all
[spoiler]
[b][u]Character Application[/u][/b]
(NOTE: Please delete all parentheses in the application! Including this!!!!)
[hr][/hr]

[b][u]Personal Overview[/u][/b]

[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Stand Name:[/b] (If applicable)

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Nationality/Place of Birth:[/b] (What nationality your character is/where they were born)

[b]Appearance:[/b] (Pictures are preferred, or a very detailed description of the character. Links only, please.)

[b]Bio:[/b] (This is an important part - describe the character as detailed as possible. How did they get their powers?  Any bizarre stories should be told here as well. If you don't have a RP sample, consider this it.)

[b]Personality:[/b]

[hr][/hr]

[b][u]Supernatural Profile[/u][/b]

[b]Power(s):[/b] (Hamon powers only, however if you have Hamon your stand will not be as powerful)
[box][list][*][b]HAMON TECHNIQUE GOES HERE[/b] (DESCRIPTION OF TECHNIQUE)
[*][b]HAMON TECHNIQUE GOES HERE[/b] (DESCRIPTION OF TECHNIQUE)
[*][b]HAMON TECHNIQUE GOES HERE[/b] (DESCRIPTION OF TECHNIQUE)[/list][/box]

[box][b]STAND NAME HERE (If applicable)[/b]
[b]Stand Namesake:[/b]
[b]Stand Appearance:[/b] (Again, pictures are preferred, though a detailed description is always fine.)
[b]Stand Powers:[/b] (Use the list in the box to list your Stand's power(s)!)[list]
[*][b]STAND POWER HERE[/b]: (DESCRIPTION OF POWER HERE)
[*][b]STAND POWER HERE[/b]: (DESCRIPTION OF POWER HERE)
[*][b]STAND POWER HERE[/b]: (DESCRIPTION OF POWER HERE)[/list]
[b]Stand Weakness:[/b] (All Stands must have a feasible weakness)
[b]Stand Range:[/b]
[b][url=http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Stand#Stand_Statistics]Stand Statistics[/url][/b] (For this, use the A-E Ranking system given in the link) You will have 65 points to spend on your stats, so 20 points=A, 15=B, 10=C, 5=D, and 0=E[list]
[*][b]Destructive Power:[/b]
[*][b]Speed:[/b]
[*][b]Range:[/b]
[*][b]Durability:[/b]
[*][b]Precision:[/b]
[*][b]Development Potential:[/b][/list][/box]

[b]Weakness:[/b] (Like a Stand, any regular person must have a feasible weakness.)

[b]Equipment:[/b] (If any)

[hr][/hr]

[b][u]Miscellaneous[/u][/b]

[b]Likes:[/b] (Optional, but recommended)

[b]Dislikes:[/b] (Ditto)

[b]Theme Song:[/b] (Optional)

[b]Additional Information:[/b]

[b]RP Sample:[/b] (A link or small excerpt is fine. If this is your first RP, put N/A here and try to focus on your biography for your example.[/spoiler]

Co-OP: Britanania
Last edited by The Valyria Empire on Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

Zyvalia
Ambassador

Founded: May 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Zyvalia » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:38 pm

FIRST! Haha, suckers!
Still Illan, and still kickin'

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:44 pm

[ Drags Brit over from across the room ]

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:29 pm

*Break down the tag*
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:39 pm

Turmenista wrote:[ Drags Brit over from across the room ]

You drag no one, I came by my own accord ;)
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:32 pm

It begins! One question, though. If I plan on having my character develop a stand later on, should I include it in the app? I'm debating whether or not he should start with it, and what powers it should have.
Last edited by Mundeo on Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What is a sig? A miserable little pile of words! But enough talk!
Have at you!

Faustii
Secretary

Founded: Sep 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Faustii » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:56 pm

You have been Taged!

Zyvalia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Zyvalia » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:18 pm

Alright dudes I'm conflicted between a wormhole-using Stand and a transformation Stand (like a Diego.)

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:00 pm

Mundeo wrote:It begins! One question, though. If I plan on having my character develop a stand later on, should I include it in the app? I'm debating whether or not he should start with it, and what powers it should have.

Yes, you should include it in the app even if the Stand hasn't developed yet.
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Zyvalia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Zyvalia » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:53 pm

Wow is it hard to find a good Stand picture. Do you guys have any recommendations?

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:25 pm

Can I do the Herman Group idea?

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:26 pm

Zyvalia wrote:Wow is it hard to find a good Stand picture. Do you guys have any recommendations?

Did you try Pixiv?

Also the Herman group I thought was being like an opposite speed wagon and would make things harder for our heroes?

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:27 pm

I arrive! Insane Stand using bass player coming forthwith.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:28 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:
Zyvalia wrote:Wow is it hard to find a good Stand picture. Do you guys have any recommendations?

Did you try Pixiv?

Also the Herman group I thought was being like an opposite speed wagon and would make things harder for our heroes?

That can work. Are you against making them the successors of the Society of the Golden Eye?
Last edited by Shark isle on Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:31 pm

Shark isle wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:Did you try Pixiv?

That can work. Are you against making them the successors of the Society of the Golden Eye?

No, go nuts.

Also I would prefer if not every character is in the band/opening act band. I would like to keep the band members to 3 or less. You can have characters who work with the band but most of the hero characters I would prefer to either be fans following the tour or people investigating the missing people.

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:36 pm

Shark isle wrote: That can work. Are you against making them the successors of the Society of the Golden Eye?

No, go nuts.

Also I would prefer if not every character is in the band/opening act band. I would like to keep the band members to 3 or less. You can have characters who work with the band but most of the hero characters I would prefer to either be fans following the tour or people investigating the missing people.

Be prepared for a well-groomed man who always wears a tuxedo, even when it is covered in blood and guts. Also, how could I get a corp into the tour?

Novus Maryland
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus Maryland » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:36 pm

Save me a spot plox
You were expecting a sig, but it was me, DIO!

Novus Maryland
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus Maryland » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:38 pm

Coming up with a stand very quick, yes.
You were expecting a sig, but it was me, DIO!

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:38 pm

Aw, man...
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Zyvalia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Zyvalia » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:39 pm

Did you try Pixiv?

What's Pixiv? Image hosting service?

And I've got a good Stand idea I think. Enough to compete with wormholes, probably.

Also, what'a the story for Jonasu? I would like to have some historical collaboration with my Zeppeli and him.
Last edited by Zyvalia on Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:46 pm

Zyvalia wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:Did you try Pixiv?

And I've got a good Stand idea I think. Enough to compete with wormholes, probably.

Also, what'a the story for Jonasu? I would like to have some historical collaboration with my Zeppeli and him.

I'm tging with Britania about a stand idea that I have, but they haven't tged me back yet. As of now, it's potential abilities involve disease.
Last edited by Mundeo on Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What is a sig? A miserable little pile of words! But enough talk!
Have at you!

Zyvalia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Zyvalia » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:48 pm

Mundeo wrote:
Zyvalia wrote:

I'm tging with Britania about a stand idea that I have, but they haven't tged me back yet. As of now, it's potential abilities involve disease.

Oh, I've fumbled around with a disease stand in my head before. Similar to Purple Haze from what I know about it but I haven't read Vento yet. The main thing was the Stand being able to inject a special pathogen (syringe-like fingers) into victims and control the virus that way, basically making it whatever disease from there.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:03 pm

Very WIP

Character Application

Personal Overview

Name: Rio Brando

Stand Name: WIP

Nationality/Place of Birth: American

Appearance:

Bio: WIP

Personality: WIP

Supernatural Profile

WIP
Stand Namesake: WIP
Stand Appearance: WIP
Stand Powers: (Use the list in the box to list your Stand's power(s)!)
  • WIP: Can copy the abilities of another Stand user for up to one hour at a time.
Stand Weakness: Must have direct contact with the individual for the power to work. The effect only lasts for a single hour, and Rio may only copy one person's Stand at a time: she cannot copy multiple Stands. Last, she has the powers for a full hour, that is, she cannot switch or copy another until the hour is completed
Stand Range: WIP
Stand Statistics (
  • Destructive Power:
  • Speed:
  • Range:
  • Durability:
  • Precision:
  • Development Potential:

Weakness:WIP

Equipment: WIP

Miscellaneous

Dislikes: WIP

Theme Song: WIP

Additional Information:

RP Sample: Praise Kek

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:06 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:

Aw, man...

You can make a hero character who is in a band, but have it be the opening act band instead of Bowie's band.

Also Shark Isle, the corporation could easily be funding the tour. Selling merchandise, drinks, snacks, and marketing?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse