NATION

PASSWORD

Demens Chosen [PL: Into the Abyss - CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:48 pm

The bestest ninja -nodnods-

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:50 pm

Pies!
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:51 pm

Indeed, senator. *Enigmatic nod*
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:02 pm

She big in nothing important in good elephant.
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:54 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:She big in nothing important in good elephant.

Tilt got into my hash brownies again. He didn't even bother to wash the pan afterward. *sighs* I need a beer.

Wha? Where's my- MIN! You took my last beer to Vegas?

Why, CoOPs? Why?!

:p

@ALL. Sorry my posts have been scant. RL has been brutal in ways I could never have imagined. I'm working on a transition for us (moving on to the next morning/Basic on Friday or Saturday).
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:14 pm

It for a good cause! :lol:

Thinking that I actually will be here to Sunday got it mixed up and will be back Saturday.

I'd normally put Anais into the fray within the dining area, but I'll put her to one side to keep the convo going. All other Guildies have departed; also chance for anyone with medical experience or interest to step forward.

Zomg, 300 bucks, dinners paid for!!!!

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:17 pm

Lucky! :P

I'll have Mathias wander over. Stashed him with Devine for the time being.
mumblemumblemumble

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:20 pm

I can offer some quick replies with Thad and Myra.

Also look what my kid found! -> Image Nifty!
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:27 pm

Cerillium wrote:I can offer some quick replies with Thad and Myra.

Also look what my kid found! -> (Image) Nifty!

Tiny emo pony?
Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:34 pm

Holy Lykos wrote:
Cerillium wrote:I can offer some quick replies with Thad and Myra.

Also look what my kid found! -> (Image) Nifty!

Tiny emo pony?

I don't know what it is, but it made me smile.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:24 am

Dearly sorry to NA, will post within the next few hours here. Work has been busy recently, and we're getting ready for our dog to be bred at home, we're going to have Bernese Mountain Dog puppies soon!

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:42 am

Cerillium wrote:
Holy Lykos wrote:Tiny emo pony?

I don't know what it is, but it made me smile.

It's a base. You color it in to make a pony of your choosing, the red parts being the optional body parts.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:38 pm

Fair warning: I started an RP again. Just to let you guys know.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:02 pm

Giovenith wrote:
Cerillium wrote:I don't know what it is, but it made me smile.

It's a base. You color it in to make a pony of your choosing, the red parts being the optional body parts.

Have a link??? All the MLP emoticons must belong to me.

@ALL
Sincerest apologies for the IC delay. Also for going a bit stupid towards the end. Running on a few hours sleep, stressed beyond measure, leaving soon and might not be home until late (again). I'm not really up for creative writing. To make matters more complex, Swith's notes on Basic aren't complete. I'm afraid we'll wing it. Don't know how it'll turn out. Hopefully you'll enjoy a bit of zaniness.

We have the option of redacting. I'm not a fan of it but, with our CoOP (and Mentor in charge of teaching players military things) out, I'm not sure how well of a job I can do. I would redact the parts about Basic starting tomorrow. Instead, we focus on characters talking about their specialties/talents/abilities.

I do appreciate players trying to recap the meeting for players that couldn't post during it. You've done an excellent job, especially Fvaar. But, players can also read the original posts and ask here in the OOC.

One of the things that players all learn - be it a mechanics-based or storytelling RP - is that it's okay to ask questions before posting. Having characters "tune out" in the IC and then ask for recaps is a surefire way to end up with a dead character in the middle of combat. It's okay to admit that a lengthy post has caused confusion. Nobody will think less of you as a person for shouting, "Hey! Somebody help! I'm fucking lost!" In fact, it's the best way to RP because your fellow players (at least in PL) don't mind sharing their knowledge of the IC.

A RECAP:

There are two branches now: Administration and Operations.

Administration branch is where characters can relax. They can have conversations while taking care of business. The gardens are a good option because they can sit down in the grass for lunch. They can go to town to "acquire seeds" and that leads to an exploration adventure. NA has a supplier for fungus as well. This might be a good way to explore what that NPC's shop as to offer.

Operations is for missions. Characters will go through Gates to have adventures. It might be a mission to get a twinkie from Trump Towers. It might be to sneak through an urban combat zone to fetch weapons or stop a Minion. It might be a training mission whereby a magic user introduces non-magical characters to his world.

Klaus (read: Swith's training plan) was going to do a Basic Training course so all our players become familiar with jargon commonly found in RP. The effort was to take players with only first-person or faction video gaming skills and teach them how to write storytelling posts. Players expressed an interest in learning it.

Honestly, I'm a bit lost without Swith here to head it. As most of you know - being PL family - she's been in the hospital over a week, and in ICU until the day before last. She went from there to a regular floor, and from there to rehabilitation. Pneumonia laid her ass out. Rehab is mainly to stabilize her metabolism - rather than physical therapy, though she'll have a bit of that as well. The hospital's wifi blocks NationStates ergo Mon's "lollipop" link to a collab doc.

I absolutely appreciate your patience with me this past week. Thank you, all. I confess I'm in no state to manage PL nor contribute much as a Mentor. But PL is family and together we'll sort the IC and charge ahead with our typical stubbornness and a heavy sprinkling of laughter.

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:13 pm

It's totally okay Cer! Wish Swith well for us all, IRL comes before PL.
Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:17 pm

*builds a water mill for badger and fennec*
mumblemumblemumble

Chedastan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 25, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Chedastan » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:22 pm

:hug:

We perfectly understand, Cer! I think you've done a damn good as it is to keep this place running, despite the circumstances, so please don't beat yourself up for any delays as you can never disappoint us, especially when RL calls! We can't help it when shit like this happens, because it's no ones fault when it does happen, but we'll brave through the storm together regardless with dauntlessness and come out on top as we always have been.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:14 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Giovenith wrote:

@ALL
Sincerest apologies for the IC delay. Also for going a bit stupid towards the end. Running on a few hours sleep, stressed beyond measure, leaving soon and might not be home until late (again). I'm not really up for creative writing. To make matters more complex, Swith's notes on Basic aren't complete. I'm afraid we'll wing it. Don't know how it'll turn out. Hopefully you'll enjoy a bit of zaniness.

We have the option of redacting. I'm not a fan of it but, with our CoOP (and Mentor in charge of teaching players military things) out, I'm not sure how well of a job I can do. I would redact the parts about Basic starting tomorrow. Instead, we focus on characters talking about their specialties/talents/abilities.

I do appreciate players trying to recap the meeting for players that couldn't post during it. You've done an excellent job, especially Fvaar. But, players can also read the original posts and ask here in the OOC.

One of the things that players all learn - be it a mechanics-based or storytelling RP - is that it's okay to ask questions before posting. Having characters "tune out" in the IC and then ask for recaps is a surefire way to end up with a dead character in the middle of combat. It's okay to admit that a lengthy post has caused confusion. Nobody will think less of you as a person for shouting, "Hey! Somebody help! I'm fucking lost!" In fact, it's the best way to RP because your fellow players (at least in PL) don't mind sharing their knowledge of the IC.

A RECAP:

Administration branch is where characters can relax. They can have conversations while taking care of business. The gardens are a good option because they can sit down in the grass for lunch. They can go to town to "acquire seeds" and that leads to an exploration adventure. NA has a supplier for fungus as well. This might be a good way to explore what that NPC's shop as to offer.

Operations is for missions. Characters will go through Gates to have adventures. It might be a mission to get a twinkie from Trump Towers. It might be to sneak through an urban combat zone to fetch weapons or stop a Minion. It might be a training mission whereby a magic user introduces non-magical characters to his world.

Klaus (read: Swith's training plan) was going to do a Basic Training course so all our players become familiar with jargon commonly found in RP. The effort was to take players with only first-person or faction video gaming skills and teach them how to write storytelling posts. Players expressed an interest in learning it.

Honestly, I'm a bit lost without Swith here to head it. As most of you know - being PL family - she's been in the hospital over a week, and in ICU until the day before last. She went from there to a regular floor, and from there to rehabilitation. Pneumonia laid her ass out. Rehab is mainly to stabilize her metabolism - rather than physical therapy, though she'll have a bit of that as well. The hospital's wifi blocks NationStates ergo Mon's "lollipop" link to a collab doc.

I absolutely appreciate your patience with me this past week. Thank you, all. I confess I'm in no state to manage PL nor contribute much as a Mentor. But PL is family and together we'll sort the IC and charge ahead with our typical stubbornness and a heavy sprinkling of laughter.

I mean what kinda notes are their for basic?
We might try some sorta montoage thing where we all give small descriptions of things were learning in a small cut style?
Like go from a post about physical exercise to one about tactics then back and forth in kinda a fun cinematic kinda way?
Just a thought.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:30 pm

Many understandings, Cer. Focus on your job and on helping Swithers feel better. We're patient, you don't need to force yourself into an uncomfortable writing position or botch things out of a perceived need to go quickly. We'll manage.

Cerillium wrote:
Giovenith wrote:

Well I mean, there's not exactly one person who makes bases, anyone can make them with proper tracing. As for emotes, you can always check the desktop ponies group. They have a ton of neat, linkable stuff, and bases where you can make your own.
It's Alma Pasternak.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:37 pm

Cerillium wrote:We have the option of redacting. I'm not a fan of it but, with our CoOP (and Mentor in charge of teaching players military things) out, I'm not sure how well of a job I can do. I would redact the parts about Basic starting tomorrow. Instead, we focus on characters talking about their specialties/talents/abilities.

Why redact? We can delay. IC, the meeting started at 6PM. By now, it's probably ~7PM. Babbling about what our characters can do would take a few IC hours, which would be several RL days.
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Truth Incarnate
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Truth Incarnate » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:44 pm

Hey, it's me again, just showing that I'm still here. Don't beat yourself up over real-life occurrences, Cerilium. Nobody can foretell those events.

So what's the plan now? Are we redacting, going with a different improvised story, or what?

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:49 pm

Thanks, all. Much appreciated.

For now, let's go with continued dining room discussion. Allow new players to settle in, allow their characters to ask questions.

Torrocca
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torrocca » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:54 pm

Best wishes to Swith, Cer! Don't overextend yourself, we'll wait as long as we need to for the both of you to get everything all well and good outside of PL! ^_^

EDIT: With that said, I'm also planning on bringing in a new character soon... c:
Last edited by Torrocca on Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They call me Torra, but you can call me... anytime (☞⌐■_■)☞
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NOTICE 1: Anything depicted IC on this nation does NOT reflect my IRL views or values, and is not endorsed by me.
NOTICE 2: Most RP and every OOC post by me prior to 2023 are no longer endorsed nor tolerated by me. I've since put on my adult pants!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:40 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Giovenith wrote:

@ALL

A RECAP:

Cer, one thing I - and, I expect, everyone else - have always appreciated greatly is how understanding and supportive you've been. When I took a months-long break very little warning, you kept Nick on the roster. When things got busy for a good reason, you covered Nick. When I'm having a bad day, your first concern isn't "when can you post?" :hug: Of course we'll support you two right back. Take care of Swith.

(If Klaus' bit needs to be delayed even further, I have an idea. Ignore if desired, but I'm hoping a potential backup plan could ease your mind. )
It's occured to me that looking into small, short player-run incidents in the Burrows - lost pets, mysteriously green breakfasts, vandalism, things too tiny for ogres to worry about - could be good practice for characters to apply their new skills in a situation where failure genuinely would not be an issue, along with a way for all the venues we created to get some attention if a story relates to them (say science team tries to figure out why Bollina merchandise keeps breaking.) I was originally going to suggest it for after basic, but...it could be tweaked into an entrance assessment. As many of us have Burrows locations, the class could be split into teams of roughly mission size..

Regarding the recaps - I'm thrilled that you like them! They grew out of my need to know what of the meeting the "real" chars would actually know, and in Rmwtyliin's case to recapture her voice and perspective; I'm thrilled they're proving useful! Any using them as a reference should however remember that biases are built in - autocorrect and dialogue-only in one case, young pacifist diplomat semi-misandrist's perspective in the other. :p

Also, plosting. And, courtesy of my own Auto correct, plotting. ;)
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:35 pm

Truth Incarnate wrote:Cecile Tucker
Cecile looked over at this girl, talking to her out of the blue.

Hee! :) I'm tickled by Cecile referring to Amanda as a girl, because of her own age relative to the younger set of characters and my age relative to most of the players. Nothing wrong with it, but it's gonna entertain me for a while.

Also, you see to have a very popular character, attracting all the attention. :p
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse