NATION

PASSWORD

Demens Chosen [PL: Into the Abyss - CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Saldinado
Minister

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:57 pm

Agh, sorry for the delay. Been busy trying to combat this illness of mines while also working on school things. I'll try to get something up either late at night or tomorrow afternoon or night.
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

Granis
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:01 pm

Alright, edited the ending.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:05 pm

@ Granis
: Don't just take my word for this, but if a team retrieves him you'll likely need to snip off the end. He'd be rescued - apparently midair, maybe Bran could send Char! Bran or Drova? We're down some fliers - then brought to the Building Lobby while deeply asleep. Enjoy oozing out of a chandelier. :P

It isn't impossible that he could perceive the Lobby as a meadow, but he'd need to be almost absurdly outdoorsy or primitive.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:09 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:@ Granis
: Don't just take my word for this, but if a team retrieves him you'll likely need to snip off the end. He'd be rescued - apparently midair, maybe Bran could send Char! Bran or Drova? We're down some fliers - then brought to the Building Lobby while deeply asleep. Enjoy oozing out of a chandelier. :P

It isn't impossible that he could perceive the Lobby as a meadow, but he'd need to be almost absurdly outdoorsy or primitive.

Don't worry, I edited it to get rid of the ending.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:11 pm

Excellent! You may wish to start thinking about what he'd consider an "ideal" place to live, by the way. :) Also, hi, nice to meet you, I'm Fvaar. :)
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:17 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:Excellent! You may wish to start thinking about what he'd consider an "ideal" place to live, by the way. :) Also, hi, nice to meet you, I'm Fvaar. :)

Nice to meet you too.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:19 pm

Giovenith wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:
πd

circumference

SEMPER VIGILANS

Translation: "I too give my approval to Northwest Slobovia's assessment of the post. Also, be sure to drink plenty of milk so that your bones might fossilize after death and be discovered by the future rabbitoid master race for scientific advancement."

Saldinado wrote:Agh, sorry for the delay. Been busy trying to combat this illness of mines while also working on school things. I'll try to get something up either late at night or tomorrow afternoon or night.

*offers soup*
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:57 pm

Gio, Willow's approved. I'll need you to assign points to one of Giovenith's skills since it's fairly omnipotent: "Makes a mean Easy Bake Oven treat".

I kid. Both are approved. Nicely done.

On to the IC!

@NA and Bran. Myra would mutely nod. NA, you're welcome to reply before me.
Last edited by Cerillium on Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:44 pm

Cerillium wrote:@NA and Bran. Myra would mutely nod. NA, you're welcome to reply before me.

Got it. I'll include said nod in my post :p
Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:50 pm

Holy Lykos wrote:
Cerillium wrote:@NA and Bran. Myra would mutely nod. NA, you're welcome to reply before me.

Got it. I'll include said nod in my post :p

TY.

Almost wrapped up here. Might not respond to new posts until tomorrow.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:52 pm

Lemme know if any of the apps need coding *nodnod*
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:11 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:Lemme know if any of the apps need coding *nodnod*

The tabs are going bye-bye, replaced with the character's name, handler's name, and a link to their archive page.

I'm behind on that. Will get to it. Will eventually have it done.

Granis' character intro is posted.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:14 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:Lemme know if any of the apps need coding *nodnod*

The tabs are going bye-bye, replaced with the character's name, handler's name, and a link to their archive page.

I'm behind on that. Will get to it. Will eventually have it done.

Granis' character intro is posted.

Oh. Alrighty. I'll keep an eye out, then.
mumblemumblemumble

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:25 pm

Still volunteering as tribute to show Shiromainu around. Would yanking Kwa'a (@Granis former Resident character, now storekeeper NPC) in to check on Rmwtyliin (results obvious, resulting in time to kill) be okay? If not, I can use Paper!Nick. (Kwa'a would give the character a Burrows link, which could be useful for integration purposes...)

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:08 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:Still volunteering as tribute to show Shiromainu around. Would yanking Kwa'a (@Granis former Resident character, now storekeeper NPC) in to check on Rmwtyliin (results obvious, resulting in time to kill) be okay? If not, I can use Paper!Nick. (Kwa'a would give the character a Burrows link, which could be useful for integration purposes...)

Let's get him settled with the "no touchy non-humans" first. Paper Nick can't take much damage. :p Might have you step in once the lease is signed.

@NA. I'll wait to reply until Bran chimes in.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:59 pm

And now to get around to Mab. I hate immortals. -grumbles-

#PLAPP
PERSONIFICATION LIFE
CHARACTER APPLICATION 2.0

PLAYER INFORMATION
NS nation nickname: Min

Skill Level: Advanced

How often can you post? Once, twice max

CHARACTER PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Character Name: Mezran, Son of Jag'oth, of the House of StoH'raQ

Character Gender: Male

Species: Klingon

Appearance: Cranial ridges on Klingons' forehead and nose are most noticeable. Mezran has a dark tan complexion, dark-brown eyes, ragged and sharp yellow teeth. Like most Klingons, his hair is a thick brown-black mixture often unkempt and fall close to his shoulders.

URL to Character Picture, if any: Here and here

Character Occupation: Former Captain of the Hegh'Ta, resident warrior

Character's biggest strength: Mezran exhibits all typical Klingon behavioral traits: honorable, just, courageous, confident, proud and loyal to a fault. He also likes an evening of good food, drink and story (in reality, anytime is a good time for Mezran).

Character's worst flaw: Like typical Klingons, Mezran can be obstinate, irreverent, intolerant, destructive, and savage. In battle, Klingons are always prepared to die for the cause and will rarely retreat unless it's for a very good reason. The latter is usually tempered given his formal training as an officer and his former command of the Hegh'Ta.

OBJECTIVES AND GOALS
Primary Objectives are what drive's your character's actions and their part of the plot. When not engaged in stories, these are what occupy your character's thoughts or keep them busy. Examples include: acting on a desire to become a powerful and respected leader; attempting to overcome some horrible thing in the past which hinders the character on a day-to-day basis; seeking to break out their shell by overcoming profound shyness (getting involved with stories); comping to terms with a major flaw that inhibits the character from reaching full potential; etc.

Minor Goals. These should be an undercurrent for your character when they are engaged in stories or on their free time. They are what your character does to aid them in achieving their Primary Objectives. Examples include: acquiring weapons and becoming proficient with each one; improving sundered relations with a companion; improving their reading comprehension; mastering news spells; researching a cure for a plague; etc.

Objectives such as "making friends" or "finding love" are NOT acceptable. Please put much though into your character's objectives - they are what flesh out your character and one of the most important aspects necessary to portray the character as 3D.

Primary Objective: Mezran doesn’t know if he can go back from where he came from, and frankly he hasn't looked for a way back. Thus far, he's traveled to Qo'Nos twice now, both in the past, and Mezran is confident knowing that his path is where he should be - not where he wants to be. He can only maintain the new life he leads now with as much vigilance and pride befitting a Klingon warrior while securing his house name and its legacy with honor and courage.

Minor Goals: N/A

MUNDANE SKILLS
These do NOT require points. These are the average, daily things your character can do. Examples are "drive a car", "speak one Foreign Language", "play a guitar", "write poetry". Some mundane skills come from your bio and are freebie. A soldier has gone through Basic training. However, Medic, martial arts or sniper would be a Specialized Skill or Talent.

List Mundane skills here
  • Fluent in Klingon
  • Knowledge of Klingon history and customs
  • Knowledge of Alpha & Beta interstellar nations and politics (Star Trek)
  • Alcoholic (by conservative standards), partier (by everyone not a prude)

SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND TALENTS
These are specialized skills that set you apart from the average person. You have 7 points to spend here. Examples are swordsmanship, sniper, coercion, medic, spellcraft, piloting helicopter, manipulate water, etc.

• Ability 1 and Points Spent: 3 Combat
  • Ability 2 and Points Spent: 2 Tactical Analysis
  • Ability 3 and Points Spent: 2 Leadership
  • Ability 4 and Points Spent: 1 Basic engineering (Trek based)

OPTIONAL SUPERNATURAL CHARACTERISTICS
You have 7 points to spend here on supernatural skills or abilities. Sonic Scream, Levitation, Spell Casting, Shape Shifting etc. Superman MUST have his kryptonite thus weaknesses are things which inhibit the ability. Restrictions are what can't they do with their power or what balances it. They can only use it when they genuinely need it? They can't use it for more then five minutes without serious side-effects? Some things are allowed without points. A pegasus has wings thus it can fly. A raptor is fast thus no points are spent in speed. These "natural" abilities should be listed here, however. What isn't allowed: teleportation beyond a few feet; the ability to alter or go back/forward in time. IMPORTANT: You might need a knowledge in Specialized Skills and Talents in order to work these abilities. Example: you'll need "manipulate water" to do just that, and this section is where you record what water manipulation abilities the character has.

• Ability 1: Klingon Physiology
    Power Level: 2
    Strengths: Klingons have redundant organs that its society believes to prolong a warrior's life in battle. There is some truth to that, as Klingons have 3 lungs, 2 stomachs, an 8 chambered heart, and redundant neural functions. As such Klingons do not get sick easily and most minor injuries are usually shrugged off. Klingons are usually taller, faster and stronger than the average human in good physical condition. Klingons also possess an above average pain tolerance (whether psychologically or physically is unknown) and excellent alcoholic tolerance (also debatable). They age a little slower than the average human.
    Weaknesses: Klingons are not immortal. They are susceptible to diseases and viruses despite an impressive immune system. An ability to shrug off minor injuries is not necessarily a good thing as left unattended could potentially lead to complications.
    Restrictions: Due to a higher metabolism, Klingons get most of their nutrient from consuming raw foods. Klingons do not get much (if any) nutrients from consuming cooked food unless provided with specialized pills to compensate for the loss.

MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS
If it's not on this list, your character doesn't have it. Magical items are rare and hard to come by. Please list what they can/can't do - treat them like a supernatural thing. Items not allowed: anything that can alter time; anything that allows a character to teleport beyond a few feet. Magical items have 7 points to spread among all of them. No items may be over 5 in power.

List: N/A

EQUIPMENT
This is what your character has on their person at the very moment when they are pulled from their home dimension. Laptop? Firearm? Cigarettes and matches? Don't abuse this. They won't be clutching an entire bunker.

List:
  • Standard Klingon uniform
  • Translator (worn at all times underneath left gauntlet)
  • Bat’leth
  • Mek’leth
  • D’ktahg
  • Klingon Disruptor
  • Klingon combadge (unused)
  • Family crest emblem (worn on upper right arm)

BACKGROUND
Be detailed please. You must explain how your character acquired their skills, talents, abilities, and special items. Wrap your primary objectives and goals into it.

Education or Training: To be part of the Klingon Defense Force, all prospects must complete an intense and exhaustive three year course in Klingon Academy. Those of noble blood or family name vouched for, or family name held in high regard, may advance to the Command and Tactics Institute.

Character Background/Biography: Mezran was born under a proud House with growing influence on Qo'Nos during - and after - the Dominion War. Never had the family seen such honor and riches bestowed upon them as the House took part in many frontier battles. Mezran, at the start of the war, entered the Klingon Defense Forces as a lowly foot soldier, bringing honor to his father and House however and whenever the opportunity presented itself when faced with the Jem'Hadar. His involvement in many ground assaults against the Jem'Hadar earned him a battlefield promotion and soon found himself as chief tactical officer on a Klingon Battlecruiser, the Hegh'Ta. The warship would be part of the Allies' final push into enemy territory at the Battle of Cardassia. The ship, her captain, and its crew were lauded for their success and survival of one of the most costly wars in Klingon history. Soon after, Mezran was promoted as the Hegh'Ta's commander, while his superior moved upward to commanding a fleet of his own.

After the war in 2377, Mezran and the House of StoH'raQ would pledge its loyalty to the empire and support of Chancellor Martok in his bid to secure his power against the House of Duras, a family of traitors. The civil war was brief, but victorious, and the House of StoH'raQ was given additional bounties for its participation. In 2379, the Hegh'Ta joined the 3rd fleet on its assault against the Holy Order of the Kinshaya, in retribution for their attack against an unarmed Klingon farming colony at the fringes of Klingon space. In 2381, on a routine border patrol (silent running), the Hegh'Ta was caught in an unidentified phenomena. Ordering the helmsman to veer off, the maneuver would prove useless and the vessel pulled into what could only be classified as a vortex by visual sensors.

It was all Mezran can remember from it, as he found himself in a strange city with humans populating the area. Since then, adapting to life among the Residents has proven easy for the Klingon, filled with equally strange beings and even those claiming themselves paranormal (Klingons do not believe in superstition, although his inflexible view has seen some improvement, especially during the last two TribbleQuests).

Mezran is a proud warrior and like many Klingons, hold honor (and especially personal honor) in highest regard. He, like most of his kind, are quick to insult, but also quick to anger, and also quick to be amused by those that can stand on their own. This is not to say that Mezran is incapable of forming friendships, as Klingons are wholly loyal and any debt incurred would be paid back. Mezran holds the ideal of "the flame the burns shortest, burns brightest", and in keeping with the warrior society he was raised in, is unafraid of sacrificing himself in glorious, and honorable, combat.

Since his arrival to Bielefeld (and now Gallimaufry), he has befriended few and set upon adventures including trips to his homeworld. He has added a few people in his house that he considers family (Chrys, Rudolf, and Hans), allies (Tavana, Neste, & Septimus) and fellow warriors (such as Torsii, during the brief changeling hunt on the island). The proud warrior hopes to induct a few more honorable people into his house as well as more stories to enrich the proud family name. In matters of the heart, Mezran’s desire for a mate is nothing short of comical at the moment; as he yearns for the powerful Tavana and stares in awe with absolutely no clue how to win her over (and because the Mincivet hasn’t figured out how yet either).

OTHER GAME MECHANICS
URL to Apartment Picture: A little bigger than this, but the decor is standard in any Klingon household. It has an extra room for guests, a replicator which serves Mezran’s basic needs, and a wood-burning stove for some foods that require quick cooking for better taste (such as bregit lung and krada legs). The apartment is often adorned with ornamental weapons, tapestries, and figurines. Tables have burning incense candles and common areas are floored with carpets made of fur and leather; two decorative braziers stand across from each other which are lit for special occasions.

Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.)

IMPORTANT FINAL STEP:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details.
The nickname you go by on NS: Min
Character Name: Mezran
Image Link: Mezran
Brief Description for Bio: A proud Klingon warrior pledged to serve in any capacity so long as it is just and does not tarnish his name or that of his House.

Please direct questions to the OP or the CoOPs. Thanks for applying. Bear in mind that it can take several days for applications to be approved; check back often.

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:11 pm

I love Mab. She's so... Mab!

NA, what is Amaranth? I'm not familiar with the manga/genre he comes from.
★ Senior P2TM RP Mentor ★
How may I help you today?
TG Swith Witherward
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
P2TM Mentor & Personal Bio: Gentlemen, Behold!
Raider Account Bio: The Eternal Bugblatter Fennec of Traal!
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts,
and humanities and their replacement by entertainment,
self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility. - sauce

Tsuyoi Tekikoku
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuyoi Tekikoku » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:18 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Tsuyoi tekikoku wrote:I know I have a extremely terrible schedule that often leaves me disappearing often, but, is it possible for me to still come back to PL?

I'm liking the new flag, Tsu.

Reapply. (Everyone is working on new apps). You'll need to remain active or, at minimum, post in the OOC if you know your schedule is about to get bad. Allow others the option of dropping you from a story or else running your character just to move her along.

@Granis. I echo Gio. Thanks for being so patient.

I have a few more things to tackle online before I can work on NS. I'll have IC posts up a bit later, including an intro for Granis' character. Thanks for your patience, all.

Alright, ill start working on it soon!
Predictably unpredictable and fabulous at the same time!
XA-1MVGLHS
Queen Oberon, our red devil! Click the URL to learn about our Leader!
Edelweiss and Reina, the two previous ones are still alive. None of Tsuyoi Tekikoku's leaders are killed in their duels of succession.

I don't use NS stats.

I'd prefer the pronouns she/her,if your referring to me

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:32 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:I love Mab. She's so... Mab!

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure-Style Stand. Its a sort of mental projection of Sid's or guardian angel thing.

He's invisible and intangible to those who aren't magical in any way, and hard to perceive for most. Gods, cultists, and other extremely magical things: no issues. Mag can feel the stand's presence but its more like a force ghost and I'm unsure if he could hear/interact much. Sandy can slightly percieve it, by whatever way he perceives magic. This is stuff me and Cer agreed on to make it less OP.

Stands are odd, because the manga artist who makes JJBA breaks his own rules so much that they are vague guidelines more than anything else. Amaranth itself is almost entirely independent, with its own personality and everything else. Most are not like that, just glorified mental projections that punch other similar mental projections.

They also have unique powers, with Amaranth's being nature and woodland based(as explained on the app). The abilities are sort of an expression of the person who owns the stand's psyche in some way or another. A guitarist has an electric stand in the source for example, a car-lover's stand is a car, a manga artist's is related to books and writing and his art.

That's a rather brief summary of just what they are. The JJBA wiki is rather detailed as well.
Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:51 pm

Holy Lykos wrote:
Swith Witherward wrote:I love Mab. She's so... Mab!

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure-Style Stand. Its a sort of mental projection of Sid's or guardian angel thing.

He's invisible and intangible to those who aren't magical in any way, and hard to perceive for most. Gods, cultists, and other extremely magical things: no issues. Mag can feel the stand's presence but its more like a force ghost and I'm unsure if he could hear/interact much. Sandy can slightly percieve it, by whatever way he perceives magic. This is stuff me and Cer agreed on to make it less OP.

Stands are odd, because the manga artist who makes JJBA breaks his own rules so much that they are vague guidelines more than anything else. Amaranth itself is almost entirely independent, with its own personality and everything else. Most are not like that, just glorified mental projections that punch other similar mental projections.

They also have unique powers, with Amaranth's being nature and woodland based(as explained on the app). The abilities are sort of an expression of the person who owns the stand's psyche in some way or another. A guitarist has an electric stand in the source for example, a car-lover's stand is a car, a manga artist's is related to books and writing and his art.

That's a rather brief summary of just what they are. The JJBA wiki is rather detailed as well.

That's why I've taken so many liberties with his personality and ability. I always wondered "what if" regarding them. What if they remained constant? Would they become more self-aware, form an identity? Would an inherited Stand reflect a bit of that first person's psyche? If given a bountiful setting, such as the Building, would it tax someone less to have the Stand present longer?

Thus Amaranth is quirky, far from the norm, and a way to selfishly get to interact with NA for a change. :p They've been with us forever and none of my characters would normally run in their characters' circles. I get to be a player for a change!

I won't have time to reply to the IC tonight. Will pick it up tomorrow. We have an early start.

CoOPs: Bran and NA are working on some potential Jedi dev for Drova. I'd suggested it and both players are up for it. Bran's added a supernatural ability to his app to reflect that. Remind me on your whiteboards to add that to his archive page, please.

@Bran. TG if you don't see it on the archive page by Friday.

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:38 am

Wake at 4 AM to get child ready for school trip to Gettysburg: check.
Make sensible breakfast: check.
Ask child to eatsensible breakfast: check.
Demand child eats sensible breakfast: check.
Tell child to stop fucking around and get dressed: check.
Make sure child is carrying copy of permission slip (she isn't, waste 5 minutes looking for it): check.
Get child to rally point 1minute late and breathe a sign of relief because the bus was still being loaded: check.
Turn to child's father as said bus is pulling out. Ask if he gave her the $50 and watch the color drain from his face because it's in his pocket: check.
Frantically dial the teacher's cell and then chase the bus a half block to give child the $50: check.

Bye-bye, child. Glad we could embarrass you. Next time, don't fuck around.

I'll get a reply for Meps after coffee. *snorts* Never mind. Cer has borrowed her, and that's that. He does the same with bags of cookies. He asks to have just one. Then you go looking for that bag and there's only one left.
Last edited by Swith Witherward on Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
★ Senior P2TM RP Mentor ★
How may I help you today?
TG Swith Witherward
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
P2TM Mentor & Personal Bio: Gentlemen, Behold!
Raider Account Bio: The Eternal Bugblatter Fennec of Traal!
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts,
and humanities and their replacement by entertainment,
self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility. - sauce

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:41 am

Swith Witherward wrote:
Make sure child is carrying copy of permission slip (she isn't, waste 5 minutes looking for it): check.
Get child to rally point 1minute late and breathe a sign of relief because the bus was still being loaded: check.
Turn to child's father as said bus is pulling out. Ask if he gave her the $50 and watch the color drain from his face because it's in his pocket: check.
Frantically dial the teacher's cell and then chase the bus a half block to give child the $50: check.

I'll get a reply for Meps after coffee.

LOL! :hug:

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:05 am

Swith Witherward wrote:

I'll get a reply for Meps after coffee. *snorts* Never mind. Cer has borrowed her, and that's that. He does the same with bags of cookies. He asks to have just one. Then you go looking for that bag and there's only one left.

When happy, trust in DHL. For everything else, there's Holiday Inn Express. :P
mumblemumblemumble

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:23 am

Swith Witherward wrote:Bye-bye, child. Glad we could embarrass you. Next time, don't fuck around.

Hee! :p
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:55 pm

Oh man...

I get to do my taxes for once!

:lol:

Wait

:(

PreviousNext

Advertisement