NATION

PASSWORD

OUTBREAK (Survival, Reboot) - OOC / Hiatus

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Are you still here and/or interested in keeping this RP afloat? Be honest.

• Yes
33%
• Yes (but unable to post)
52%
• No
14%

Total votes : 21

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:08 pm

Tayner wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:Concerning the time skip, if you need to finish things up on Day 31 then move into Day 32, that's fine, but don't drag things out.

So, I'm assuming that the M4, the extra ammo, and the radio that were detailed in the awards section are all that's in the spare gear, right? Or are there other odds and ends included?

Whatever listed is what you get. Anything else the soldiers have on their person they're keeping for themselves.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:13 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Tayner wrote:So, I'm assuming that the M4, the extra ammo, and the radio that were detailed in the awards section are all that's in the spare gear, right? Or are there other odds and ends included?

Whatever listed is what you get. Anything else the soldiers have on their person they're keeping for themselves.

I was just wondering because I'm going to share with Paddy given that they picked up the soldiers and I want to get an idea of who gets what. I don't want to hog all the rewards.

I guess Luke will take the M4 and the ammo, while he leaves the radio for James.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:42 pm

ROSTER has been updated.

EDIT: Will be posting for Samantha and pushing us to Day 32 tomorrow evening.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2010

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:13 pm

Tayner wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:Whatever listed is what you get. Anything else the soldiers have on their person they're keeping for themselves.

I was just wondering because I'm going to share with Paddy given that they picked up the soldiers and I want to get an idea of who gets what. I don't want to hog all the rewards.

I guess Luke will take the M4 and the ammo, while he leaves the radio for James.

Why would I need another radio?

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:16 pm

Paddy O Fernature wrote:Why would I need another radio?

I was gonna bring that up myself but figured you two could has details.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:28 am

Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Tayner wrote:I was just wondering because I'm going to share with Paddy given that they picked up the soldiers and I want to get an idea of who gets what. I don't want to hog all the rewards.

Why would I need another radio?

I figure the only radios you have are stationary in your bunker, and jeep.

I'll give you Luke's old AR-15 too if you want, because he's probably not going to haul two rifles around all the time.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:57 am

I may have to post for both day 31 and 32 depending on how my schedule pans out.
I'm from the land of Coeur D'alene Idaho.
By Ballot or by Bullet, the Pub Party will win. The Pub Legacy Edition.
Ifreann wrote:The Romans placated the people with panem et circenses, bread and circuses. We will placate our people with dank space weed and hyper-HD vidya.
New Grestin wrote:> can't even get enough superiority to pull off a proper D-day
> Idaho is tossing out nukes like a cold war Oprah

(Image)
Tysoania wrote:You remind me of a mobster who gets things cleared out of the way.

Next up on the Sopranos...

Imperial "Slick" Idaho, the fixer.
Bralia wrote:Oh my fucking god. Do it again, guys, you both chose the number 7.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:52 pm

Because the radio the soldiers have possession of can access the encrypted/secured CHICOM radio channels unlike the civie radios you guys have.

The United Federation of Terrans
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:59 pm

Ontorisa wrote:

Because the radio the soldiers have possession of can access the encrypted/secured CHICOM radio channels unlike the civie radios you guys have.

Then there's also the fact they're uniformly designed with durability in mind; unlike most civilian models.
My travels take me many places, from the scorching sands to the cold, dark vacuum of space. But I always return to my friends and family at The Pub.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:03 pm

The United Federation of Terrans wrote:
Ontorisa wrote:

Then there's also the fact they're uniformly designed with durability in mind; unlike most civilian models.

I'm getting one reply up for today just so we can jump to tomorrow, just so you know.

Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:05 pm

Ontorisa wrote:
The United Federation of Terrans wrote:Then there's also the fact they're uniformly designed with durability in mind; unlike most civilian models.

I'm getting one reply up for today just so we can jump to tomorrow, just so you know.

I'm fine with that. Long as it doesn't lead to a three post conversation.
My travels take me many places, from the scorching sands to the cold, dark vacuum of space. But I always return to my friends and family at The Pub.

Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:13 pm

Hey Ont. I just have a question about LCPL Lance. Is he a marine; because Lance Corporal's a rank only used by the USMC?

Not saying trying to nitpick; but just saying.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:54 pm

Post will be up tonight. Approximately 4+ hours from now if nothing happens IRL.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:04 pm

The United Federation of Terrans wrote:Hey Ont. I just have a question about LCPL Lance. Is he a marine; because Lance Corporal's a rank only used by the USMC?

idk, I was going off of Wikipedia military ranks and it said the US Military used the Lance Corporal rank.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:07 pm

The United Federation of Terrans wrote:...

Hey, you may be military but the guys running Echo-6 have been confiscating weapons (which are given back if you decide to leave), and I doubt they'd give Foley a free pass.

Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:08 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
The United Federation of Terrans wrote:...

Hey, you may be military but the guys running Echo-6 have been confiscating weapons (which are given back if you decide to leave), and I doubt they'd give Foley a free pass.

Sorry, but it they didn't say anything about it in the post. I'll go back and edit.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:27 pm

The United Federation of Terrans wrote:Sorry, but it they didn't say anything about it in the post. I'll go back and edit.

It happened to another arrival a few posts back so I assume they'd keep with it.

Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:42 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
The United Federation of Terrans wrote:Sorry, but it they didn't say anything about it in the post. I'll go back and edit.

It happened to another arrival a few posts back so I assume they'd keep with it.

Edited.

Vogega
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Vogega » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:06 pm

Name: Formerly James Betholamir, Now: Scythe
Nationality: American
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Age/DOB: 21
Pic/Description:

Immunity: None

Equipment:
Katana
10x shurikens
Ninja outfit
Thermal Vision Goggles
Backpack
15 MRE
2 Large water bottles

Skills: Expert in the art of Krav maga, ninjitsu, and MMA. Also skilled in stealth, camouflage, and Kendo.
Weakness: Sometimes overcome by his mutated part.

Personality: Rather likable with a dry sense of humor, Scythe is someone who is slightly unsettling to even those who know him. He is cold towards people who have not earned his trust or respect. Often prefers to be alone, but has a few eccentricities that help that quirk along. Doesn't try to make many friends, for they never seem to stay.
Dislikes: Large crowds, most people, goof-balls.
Fears: Becoming all the way mutant and being locked up.

Bio: James Betholamir was an average 16 year old kid until one day he was kidnapped by a man in a big white van. The hostage negotiator failed to rescue James, and he was shot. Luckily, or unluckily, he survived the shot and was hospitalized at the onset of the outbreak. Before being kidnapped, he had been trained in Krav and MMA by his father, a member of ATLAS. After recovering in a Missorian hospital, he became interested in Fuedal Japan. He quickly used all of his money to purchase Kendo lessons and a katana. Having learned that, he then switched to Ninjitsu. Being a very fast learner made sure that James knew what he was doing. However, his dad took him to Chicago to help him fight the outbreak as soon as James turned 21. There, they spent a week and a half before the infection caught up to Jame and his father. As his father tried to rip him limb form limb, James killed him.
James collapsed into a coma for a day. The barriers being overrun meant he woke no one he knew. The first human he saw, a feral and unstoppable instinct forced him forwards to kill the man. The pack of the man, revealed a book called Scythe. James took the name to remember what he had done. Over the next few months, he worked to keep his new mutant side in control and under wraps. Occasionally, it slips out and he often does something that he later regrets. Now, Scythe travels the wasteland looking for others he deems worthy to join him in company. Most of the time, the mutants around him ignore him until he takes a hostile action towards them. However, being around the beasts brings the mutant to the surface and he tries to suppress it or avoid the mutts all together.

RP Examples: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=346819

DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564
Last edited by Vogega on Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Psi Levels
1-few, weak powers
2-many weak powers
3-many average/weak powers
4-few strong/lots of average/weak powers
5-may strong/lots of average/weak powers
6-god-like power/lots of strong/weak/average powers

Weapons
Plasma-burns holes in stuff
Ion-causes objects to explode/strips shields
Gauss-strips at a molecular level
Kinetic-guns
Laser-low lethality, accurate

Ship Sizes
Organized smallest to largest with smallest at the top.
Drone
Fighter
Bomber
Assault Craft
Corvette
Frigate
Destroyer
Cruiser
Battlecruiser
Battleship
Dreadnought

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:09 pm

Vogega wrote:Name: Formerly James Betholamir, Now: Scythe
Nationality: American
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Age/DOB: 21
Pic/Description:

Immunity: None

Equipment:
Katana
10x shurikens
Ninja outfit
Thermal Vision Goggles
Backpack
15 MRE
2 Large water bottles

Skills: Expert in the art of Krav maga, ninjitsu, and MMA. Also skilled in stealth, camouflage, and Kendo.
Weakness: Sometimes overcome by his mutated part.

Personality: Rather likable with a dry sense of humor, Scythe is someone who is slightly unsettling to even those who know him. He is cold towards people who have not earned his trust or respect. Often prefers to be alone, but has a few eccentricities that help that quirk along. Doesn't try to make many friends, for they never seem to stay.
Dislikes: Large crowds, most people, goof-balls.
Fears: Becoming all the way mutant and being locked up.

Bio: James Betholamir was an average 16 year old kid until one day he was kidnapped by a man in a big white van. The hostage negotiator failed to rescue James, and he was shot. Luckily, or unluckily, he survived the shot and was hospitalized at the onset of the outbreak. Before being kidnapped, he had been trained in Krav and MMA by his father, a member of ATLAS. After recovering in a Missorian hospital, he became interested in Fuedal Japan. He quickly used all of his money to purchase Kendo lessons and a katana. Having learned that, he then switched to Ninjitsu. Being a very fast learner made sure that James knew what he was doing. However, his dad took him to Chicago to help him fight the outbreak as soon as James turned 19. There, they spent a year and a half before the infection caught up to Jame and his father. As his father tried to rip him limb form limb, James killed him.
James collapsed into a coma for a day. The barriers being overrun meant he woke no one he knew. The first human he saw, a feral and unstoppable instinct forced him forwards to kill the man. The pack of the man, revealed a book called Scythe. James took the name to remember what he had done. Over the next few months, he worked to keep his new mutant side in control and under wraps. Occasionally, it slips out and he often does something that he later regrets. Now, Scythe travels the wasteland looking for others he deems worthy to join him in company. Most of the time, the mutants around him ignore him until he takes a hostile action towards them. However, being around the beasts brings the mutant to the surface and he tries to suppress it or avoid the mutts all together.

RP Examples: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=346819

DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564

Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:13 pm

Vogega wrote:Name: Formerly James Betholamir

DENIED. Did you even read the OP? The outbreak has been going on for all of 31 days, but according to your app it's been a problem for the last five years. That alone is enough for denial. Should you attempt to fix the bio I'll go into the other problems.

Vogega
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Vogega » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:17 pm

fixes.
Psi Levels
1-few, weak powers
2-many weak powers
3-many average/weak powers
4-few strong/lots of average/weak powers
5-may strong/lots of average/weak powers
6-god-like power/lots of strong/weak/average powers

Weapons
Plasma-burns holes in stuff
Ion-causes objects to explode/strips shields
Gauss-strips at a molecular level
Kinetic-guns
Laser-low lethality, accurate

Ship Sizes
Organized smallest to largest with smallest at the top.
Drone
Fighter
Bomber
Assault Craft
Corvette
Frigate
Destroyer
Cruiser
Battlecruiser
Battleship
Dreadnought

Ubaria
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:21 pm

oh god
Yo, that's mad.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:23 pm

Vogega wrote:fixes.

I have a simple question, because I'm quite curious. Have you graduated yet?
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:28 pm

1000th post boyo.
I'm from the land of Coeur D'alene Idaho.
By Ballot or by Bullet, the Pub Party will win. The Pub Legacy Edition.
Ifreann wrote:The Romans placated the people with panem et circenses, bread and circuses. We will placate our people with dank space weed and hyper-HD vidya.
New Grestin wrote:> can't even get enough superiority to pull off a proper D-day
> Idaho is tossing out nukes like a cold war Oprah

(Image)
Tysoania wrote:You remind me of a mobster who gets things cleared out of the way.

Next up on the Sopranos...

Imperial "Slick" Idaho, the fixer.
Bralia wrote:Oh my fucking god. Do it again, guys, you both chose the number 7.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse