NATION

PASSWORD

OUTBREAK (Survival, Reboot) - OOC / Hiatus

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Are you still here and/or interested in keeping this RP afloat? Be honest.

• Yes
33%
• Yes (but unable to post)
52%
• No
14%

Total votes : 21

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:29 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Rygondria wrote:Would an ex Italian mobster be acceptable, And i do not mean like a hit man more like this type of guy ( http://a2.img.talkingpointsmemo.com/ima ... 4wnz0a.jpg)

Not sure how active the Italian mob is today but go for it so long as it makes sense.

Maybe an old mobster that left the mafia but still has/had connections in Chicago after it died down?
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:32 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Rygondria wrote:Would an ex Italian mobster be acceptable, And i do not mean like a hit man more like this type of guy ( http://a2.img.talkingpointsmemo.com/ima ... 4wnz0a.jpg)

Not sure how active the Italian mob is today but go for it so long as it makes sense.

They are some what active today but tend to stay underground to not attract media attention. Especially in the New York Chicago land area, but they are hardly as powerful as they where back then and its mainly the Russians and cartels nowadays.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:44 pm

Rygondria wrote:They are some what active today but tend to stay underground to not attract media attention. Especially in the New York Chicago land area, but they are hardly as powerful as they where back then and its mainly the Russians and cartels nowadays.

I kinda like Tayner's idea. An older timer who maybe still has ties? May or may not be active in criminal activity, but I'll leave it up to you.

Rygondria
Negotiator

Postby Rygondria » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:49 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Rygondria wrote:They are some what active today but tend to stay underground to not attract media attention. Especially in the New York Chicago land area, but they are hardly as powerful as they where back then and its mainly the Russians and cartels nowadays.

I kinda like Tayner's idea. An older timer who maybe still has ties? May or may not be active in criminal activity, but I'll leave it up to you.

Actually i like that idea, even though he technically "Left" the mob still has connections to him, thus he is living comfortably even during this hard time even with his colleges dead he still is hiding out in a penthouse relaxing the days away with little care what is happening outside, oh how is that going to change soon.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:50 pm

Rygondria wrote:Actually i like that idea, even though he technically "Left" the mob still has connections to him, thus he is living comfortably even during this hard time even with his colleges dead he still is hiding out in a penthouse relaxing the days away with little care what is happening outside, oh how is that going to change soon.

Sounds good. I say go for that. Look forward to it.

Rygondria
Negotiator

Postby Rygondria » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:55 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Rygondria wrote:Actually i like that idea, even though he technically "Left" the mob still has connections to him, thus he is living comfortably even during this hard time even with his colleges dead he still is hiding out in a penthouse relaxing the days away with little care what is happening outside, oh how is that going to change soon.

Sounds good. I say go for that. Look forward to it.

Just picture a fat Middle aged italian man trying tom open a package of Dried Italian food and watching recordings of tv shows via generator while the other people are struggling to even find a can of beans. Then have him thrown out of that situation and have him on the streets. That or someone finds the penthouse and he has to deal with an angry Ex Mobster whose door you just kicked down.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:13 pm

Rygondria wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:Sounds good. I say go for that. Look forward to it.

Just picture a fat Middle aged italian man trying tom open a package of Dried Italian food and watching recordings of tv shows via generator while the other people are struggling to even find a can of beans. Then have him thrown out of that situation and have him on the streets. That or someone finds the penthouse and he has to deal with an angry Ex Mobster whose door you just kicked down.

Maybe it could be close to the Sears Tower, and he could go to investigate whatever draws all the characters in the IC towards that place.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Rygondria
Negotiator

Postby Rygondria » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:19 pm

Tayner wrote:
Rygondria wrote:Just picture a fat Middle aged italian man trying tom open a package of Dried Italian food and watching recordings of tv shows via generator while the other people are struggling to even find a can of beans. Then have him thrown out of that situation and have him on the streets. That or someone finds the penthouse and he has to deal with an angry Ex Mobster whose door you just kicked down.

Maybe it could be close to the Sears Tower, and he could go to investigate whatever draws all the characters in the IC towards that place.

Maybe that could work

Rygondria
Negotiator

Postby Rygondria » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:41 pm

So in his apartment he may have years worth of food but i plan on that not lasting long due to something that well pop up in the rp.

Futrellia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 29, 2013

Postby Futrellia » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:22 pm

Name: Timothy Grayton
Nationality: Canadian
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Age/DOB: 31 (May 8, 1985)
Pic/Description:

Immunity: Partial

Equipment:
1x Navy blue Tactical pants
Black tactical boots
2x work socks
1x navy blue Windsor Fire and Rescue service t-shirt
1x White undershirt
Windsor Fire and Rescue cotton/polyester sweatshirt with hood
1x Backpack
Bear Grylls Survival Knife
Bedroll
First Aid Kit
Two Flashlights
Two Swiss utility knives
1x MRE (Meal-Ready-to-Eat)
.32 Caliber I.N.A. Tiger revolver (18 Rounds)
One bottle of water

Skills: With ten years experience in Firefighting, Tim Grayton has run through hell itself more than a hundred times. He's operated every emergency vehicle ever operated by the Windsor Fire and Rescue Service. Doing so has improved his physique and stamina in every way possible. Very strong, very fast, quick reflexes, and a calm head on his shoulders has been the only thing keeping him alive thus far.
Weakness: Not trained in hand to hand combat or proper combat techniques, quick to pull the trigger when cornered, has a bad temper when pushed too far.

Personality: Before the Outbreak, Tim was the nicest man his department had ever met. He was always quick to help, loan money, spend time with those that needed company, and was always easiest to talk to. He was always difficult to make angry, and always had a quick and appropriate response to situations where others would faulter and fail. After, he changed. He was no longer talkative, no longer friendly, and was quick to fumble with the handle of his revolver when people walked nearby. While he does maintain a cool head, he always stays ready for a back up plan in case the situation goes south, and isn't beyond stabbing people in the back to ensure the continuity of his own survival.
Likes: Being alone and safe, whiskey, a hot meal, a warm bed, his old life.
Dislikes: Meeting new people, being cornered, being questioned, running out of supplies.
Fears: Heights, deep water, dying, spiders.

Bio: Timothy Layne Grayton was born in Windsor Regional Hospital at 4:56 am on May 8, 1985 to James and Kennedi Grayton. Growing up, Tim was a quiet child, obeying his parents, staying in school, making great grades. During his youth, his father, James Grayton, was a Firefighter for the Windsor F&R and his mother worked as a Lawyer in Chicago. When Tim turned 16, his father, Lieutenant James Grayton died when the roof he was standing on collapsed underneath him while working on a House fire in the residential areas. The death of his father weighed extremely heavy on Tim and his mother, and would conquer his mind for the next years of his life. Struggling with mild depression, Tim managed to graduate High school and began work as a Laborer for a construction company a few miles outside of Windsor, while living in a small apartment alone while his mother paid the bill. Not long after, it seemed that his father's work had become his ultimate appeal, as he realized that being the son of a Firefighter, he was destined to do this. After quitting his Construction job after working there for six months, he applied for several Fire academies, online courses, and more. 2 years of training later, most of which was earned through individual volunteer Firefighter programs, he managed to score the minimum to join the Windsor Fire and Rescue service.

When the disease hit and the riots and killing began, he and his crew were the First responders on the scene, trying to help those injured in the riots while Riot police battled with angry, rabid rioters only a few feet away. As society slowly began to rot and wither, he and the Fire service continued their jobs, showing up to as many fires and emergency calls as possible, working throughout many nights as the unknown virus continued running rampant across the Canadian streets. After responding to a call where a house had caught fire, Tim witnessed a few of his fellow firefighters tackled and mauled by sick people, while the Police fired sporadically across the incident scene, injuring his Engine driver, Tim abandoned his hose and jumped aboard a fleeing ambulance, shedding his SCBA and mask soon after, watching as he left his Fire engines and fellow brothers behind. Seeing how his beloved city was turning to ashes, he knew nothing more could be done. Police, Fire, and EMS services in Windsor had all come to a screeching halt as the infected ran in droves across huge expanses of the city. After a quick trip to his Station to drop off his bunker gear, he commandeered a civilian vehicle and drove to his apartment, only six blocks south. Tim has barred himself in his apartment, boarded up the windows and front door, keeping his revolver close, as the city was now ruled by outlaw bands of criminals, shooting, raping and killing anyone they see.

RP Examples: Snowflake The Great World War

DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564
Last edited by Futrellia on Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:01 am

Name: Melanie "Mel" Paulson
Nationality: American
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Age/DOB: 27 | January 8th, 1990
Pic/Description:

Immunity: Partial

Equipment:
  • Heckler & Koch USP 9mm
  • USP 9mm Magazines (x2)
  • Kitchen Knife
  • Canteen
  • Jacket
  • Gas Mask
  • Gas Mask Filters (x2)
  • Cigarettes
  • Backpack
    • Packaged MRE (x3)
    • Flashlight
    • Road Flares (x4)
    • Ace Bandage Wraps (x8)
    • Bandages
    • Wound Cleaning Solution
    • Boxcutter
    • Plastic Gloves (x5)
    • Bordered Gauze (x5)
    • Gauze Strips (x3)
    • Medical Mask
    • Morphine Syringes (x2)
    • Tylenol
    • Imodium
    • Ibuprofen
    • General Antibiotics
  • Milky Way Candy Bar (Melted)

Skills:
  • First Aid Training
  • Wound Care
  • Medication Knowledge
  • Intelligent
Weakness:
  • Anti-Social
  • Mediocre - Awful Marksmanship
  • Terrible Melee Combat Skills
  • Nicotine Addiction

Personality:
    Unmistakably average, cowardly and too smart for her own good, not to mention abrasive and sarcastic.
    Cats, Dr. Pepper, Science Fiction, Horror Movies, Books
Dislikes:
    Dogs, the Military, Police, Having to explain herself, Conservatives
Fears:
    Snakes, Spiders, the Dark and Tentacles

Bio:
    There is very little worth noting about Melanie's upbringing. Raised by a single mother in Redwood Falls, Oregon. She received mediocre grades in school, and eventually graduated from Oregon State University. After receiving her certification, she started work as an LPN in Portland. She settled down, striking up a relationship with another nurse. One infidelity later and Mel was left to her own devices again, just in time for her father to die of cardiac arrest. A retired police officer in Chicago, Mel felt obligated to go. Her mother refused to travel, and thus the burden was left on her daughter to set up the arrangements.

Mel arrived in O'Hare, catching a cab to Mercy Hospital to collect her father's remains. Just under a day later, the bombs went off. The city fell into chaos, and Mel was left stranded in Chicago as the military mobilized. Mercy became a nightmare, soaked with blood as the infected eventually overran it's facilities. The military holed up in Millennium Park, turning the area into an outpost against the rapidly growing tide of infected. While wandering the city streets, Mel was apprehended and brought into the outpost. Once her professional history was discovered, she was quickly drafted into working in the outpost's rudimentary medical facilities. With a meager staff and dwindling supplies, most of the wounded either succumbed to the infection or died on the operating table. Mel herself would've suffered the same fate had things gone differently.

The Outpost was overrun. Mel grabbed what she could and ran back into the city, only snagging a satchel of medical supplies and a handgun. The city was in ruins, the infection spreading like wildfire across the country, and roving bands of mindless monsters now wandered the streets.

At this point, the only thing keeping her from putting that pistol in her mouth was the possibility that she might do some good before a Biter eventually takes her out.

RP Examples:
DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564

Application's done.

You probably thought I was going to remake Sarah from the original.

Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:08 am

Now the question is Grestin, would you save this character's life over the entire population of Redwood Falls?
I'm from the land of Coeur D'alene Idaho.
By Ballot or by Bullet, the Pub Party will win. The Pub Legacy Edition.
Ifreann wrote:The Romans placated the people with panem et circenses, bread and circuses. We will placate our people with dank space weed and hyper-HD vidya.
New Grestin wrote:> can't even get enough superiority to pull off a proper D-day
> Idaho is tossing out nukes like a cold war Oprah

(Image)
Tysoania wrote:You remind me of a mobster who gets things cleared out of the way.

Next up on the Sopranos...

Imperial "Slick" Idaho, the fixer.
Bralia wrote:Oh my fucking god. Do it again, guys, you both chose the number 7.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:10 am

Imperial Idaho wrote:Now the question is Grestin, would you save this character's life over the entire population of Redwood Falls?

Bae over Bay.

Every time.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:13 am

New Grestin wrote:
Imperial Idaho wrote:Now the question is Grestin, would you save this character's life over the entire population of Redwood Falls?

Bae over Bay.

Every time.

Porque no las dos?
Ifreann wrote:The Romans placated the people with panem et circenses, bread and circuses. We will placate our people with dank space weed and hyper-HD vidya.
New Grestin wrote:> can't even get enough superiority to pull off a proper D-day

(Image)
Tysoania wrote:You remind me of a mobster who gets things cleared out of the way.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:14 am

Imperial Idaho wrote:Porque no las dos?

I don't speak German.

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:18 am

New Grestin wrote:
Imperial Idaho wrote:Porque no las dos?

I don't speak German.

What.

(Image)

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:20 am

Imperial Idaho wrote:
New Grestin wrote:
I don't speak German.

What.

Exactly.

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:24 am

New Grestin wrote:
Imperial Idaho wrote:What.

Exactly.

I swear i've seen you link the video before Grestinov.

(Image)

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:25 am

Imperial Idaho wrote:
New Grestin wrote:Exactly.

I swear i've seen you link the video before Grestinov.

What, the Lord of the Rings one?

I link that one all the time.

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:28 am

New Grestin wrote:
Imperial Idaho wrote:I swear i've seen you link the video before Grestinov.

What, the Lord of the Rings one?

I don't think you know what you're talking about Occultist.

Time to delve into the bag full of fun that is the old Pub thread.

EDIT: What the fuck kind of cover up have you done I actually can't find it.
Last edited by Imperial Idaho on Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

(Image)

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:00 am

Imperial Idaho wrote:
New Grestin wrote:What, the Lord of the Rings one?

I don't think you know what you're talking about Occultist.

Time to delve into the bag full of fun that is the old Pub thread.

EDIT: What the fuck kind of cover up have you done I actually can't find it.

He's Grestin, Idaho.

We can't avoid Grestinism.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:37 am

Can I make a character who is a movie theater usher who barricaded himself in a movie theater?

Helsary
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Helsary » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:17 am

Shark isle wrote:Can I make a character who is a movie theater usher who barricaded himself in a movie theater?

I doubt you'd survive on popcorn alone...

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:32 am

New Grestin wrote:Snip

ur app looks gud kiddo. ACCEPTED on my end.

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:12 am

Helsary wrote:
Shark isle wrote:Can I make a character who is a movie theater usher who barricaded himself in a movie theater?

I doubt you'd survive on popcorn alone...

There is more than popcorn in a movie theater. He is probably living on the food that is left like popcorn, soda, candy and hotdogs.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse