NATION

PASSWORD

OUTBREAK (Survival, Reboot) - OOC / Hiatus

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Are you still here and/or interested in keeping this RP afloat? Be honest.

• Yes
7
33%
• Yes (but unable to post)
11
52%
• No
3
14%
 
Total votes : 21

User avatar
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10752
Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:25 pm

Crockerland wrote:Name: Evander Dalton
Name: Jenelle Dalton
DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564

I thank you for being so accommodating. ACCEPTED, although I wonder what Jenelle was going through when her mother was killed? Any bad blood between the two or has she largely moved on? Icing on the cake at this point.

User avatar
Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12355
Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:43 pm

Oooh.. this looks juicy.

Still accepting applications looks like?

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
Mallorea and Riva should resign
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

User avatar
Tayner
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7891
Founded: Oct 09, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tayner » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:45 pm

Paddy O Fernature wrote:Oooh.. this looks juicy.

Still accepting applications looks like?

I don't even think it's three days old yet, so yea :)
Last edited by Tayner on Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

User avatar
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10752
Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:45 pm

Paddy O Fernature wrote:Oooh.. this looks juicy.

Still accepting applications looks like?

Yes. All I ask is originality.


Tayner wrote:I don't even think it's three days old yet :)

Only just made it past 24 hours.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Tayner
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7891
Founded: Oct 09, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tayner » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:51 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:Oooh.. this looks juicy.

Still accepting applications looks like?

Yes. All I ask is originality.


Tayner wrote:I don't even think it's three days old yet :)

Only just made it past 24 hours.

Years of alcoholism at the Pub has destroyed my brain. I literally can't count past 2 because I joined a Zombie RP :p
Last edited by Tayner on Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

User avatar
Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12355
Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:57 pm

Sounds good. Will sleep on it tonight and come up with something tomorrow. Would be nice to carry over my "go to" Apoc survivor character and continue his adventures even.

So many options. :D

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
Mallorea and Riva should resign
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

User avatar
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10752
Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:59 pm

Paddy O Fernature wrote:Sounds good. Will sleep on it tonight and come up with something tomorrow. Would be nice to carry over my "go to" Apoc survivor character and continue his adventures even.

So many options. :D

Just note that military/police characters are no longer being accepted.

User avatar
Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12355
Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:02 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:Sounds good. Will sleep on it tonight and come up with something tomorrow. Would be nice to carry over my "go to" Apoc survivor character and continue his adventures even.

So many options. :D

Just note that military/police characters are no longer being accepted.


Survivalists are a thing. ;)

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
Mallorea and Riva should resign
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

User avatar
Imperial Idaho
Senator
 
Posts: 4066
Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:38 pm

Name: James Sullivan
Nationality: American by Birth, Irish by Ancestry
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Age/DOB: 41, 3/11/1974
Picture/Description: 6 Feet tall, 200 pounds, dark and largely unkept hair, 6 o' clock shadow from lack of shaving, scar on top of and palm of right hand.

Occupation: Commercial Small Aircraft Pilot
Immunity: Immune
Equipment:
Winchester .243, 16 Rounds
Large backpack,
3 Cans of Beans,
Water canteen, Half empty
Foldable map of the United States, noting airports in specific,
Notepad, a few pens and pencils,
Siphon tube,
Hardback copy of Animal Farm,
Wristwatch,
Mess kit,
Propane stove,
Flip phone,
Small pillow,
Blue Ballcap with the Idaho seal on top,
Pair of black tennis shoes,
3 pairs of socks,
Pair of camouflaged jeans,
Aviator glasses,
Buck knife,
2 shirts, one red with the Coca Cola logo, the other solid blue,
Red maglight,
US Air Force Parachute pack,
Cessna Denali aircraft, flying over city with only five minutes of fuel left,
Leather wallet, carrying $43.58, ID card, Debit Card, used ticket to the Washington Monument,

Skills: Piloting, Tracking, Shooting, Repairing,
Weakness: Never truly been to an Urban setting before, everything is new to him in regards to terrain. Overly cautious of dark and enclosed areas. Not too skilled in close quarters combat. Not the most charismatic, but still kind.

Personality: Never know how to summarize it well, so I'll be revealing overtime.
Likes: Dogs, outdoorsy stuff, flying planes, the mountains, reading about ideologies,
Dislikes: Zombies, driving, the city,
Fears: Heights, death by Zombie or avoidable accident, banditry, being trapped,

Bio: Hailing from the mountains of Idaho, James was always in the outdoors, whether it be hiking or hunting. He had an average childhood, having decent enough grades and a good group of friends. When he was twelve he went with his family to visit relatives in Texas. On the flight over James was fascinated with the plane, the pilots impressed him that they could fly the behemoth that was the commercial airliner, and from then on he knew he wanted to be a pilot.

When he was 23 he became a small aircraft pilot, having worked small jobs before then and whatnot. He joined the air force and briefly fought in the Kosovar War, before returning home to his family, never returning to the USAF. After his service he spent the next 15 years in North Idaho, running shipments up and down and around the Rocky Mountains. He eventually started a small buisness of flying small and urhgent packages around the Northwest, even coming to own several aircraft, though he still loved to fly himself.

In early October of 2015, James took sometime off his transport job to fly his plane out to Vermont and hunt with a friend. Before they could meet up in Vermont, the Outbreak began in Chicago and elsewhere, had what happened next not happened, he would have reenlisted to take revenge on whoever had forasaken America's people. The airlines where shut down, and he couldn't fly his plane back home, as he had neither the fuel nor the permission to, as fuel was being redirected towards military aircraft.

After a brief quarratine, the Vermont airport was turned into a military base. With only extreme luck and the fact he was a vet on his side, the USAF allowed him to fly out with his aircraft. The catch was however, he could not refuel, and his limited supply could only last so long. It would only last as far as Chicago, and having spent a night landed on an abandoned stretch of highway gathered some extra gear.

As of now, James is flying over Chicago, with not even enough fuel to get out of the city.

RP Examples: A World Ablaze, War Cry of Uncle Sam, Shattered Republic, was going to app for The Thaw,

DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564
Apperoni is donerroni.
Last edited by Imperial Idaho on Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm from the land of Coeur D'alene Idaho.
By Ballot or by Bullet, the Pub Party will win. The Pub Legacy Edition.
Ifreann wrote:The Romans placated the people with panem et circenses, bread and circuses. We will placate our people with dank space weed and hyper-HD vidya.
New Grestin wrote:> can't even get enough superiority to pull off a proper D-day
> Idaho is tossing out nukes like a cold war Oprah

(Image)
Tysoania wrote:You remind me of a mobster who gets things cleared out of the way.

Next up on the Sopranos...

Imperial "Slick" Idaho, the fixer.
Bralia wrote:Oh my fucking god. Do it again, guys, you both chose the number 7.

User avatar
Kisinger
Senator
 
Posts: 3894
Founded: Oct 26, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kisinger » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:38 am

Kisinger wrote:
Name: Thomas 'Tom' Bakker
Nationality: American
Ethnicity: Dutch/German/Afrikaaner
Age/DOB: 28 (March 6, 1987)
Pic/Description: 6'3, 210 lbs, blue eyes, blond hair, and a farmers tan. Also he's not really muscular

Occupation: Former Pressure Vessel Inspector/Plumber
Immunity: Immune

Equipment:
  • Backpack
  • Toolbelt
  • Wrench
  • Screwdriver
  • 4 inch (blade extended) pocket knife
  • Bag of deer jerky
  • Package of ritz crackers x 2
  • Bottle of water x 3
  • Long Sleeve Shirt
  • Blue Jeans
  • Hanes underwear
  • Pair of black socks
  • Brown leather boots
  • Gray sweat shirt
  • Brown leather gloves
  • Pack of Marlboro Reds x 2
  • Zippo Lighter
  • Flask of Cheap whiskey







Skills:
Being a Plumber and a Union Representative has granted Thomas a variety of skills, such as being a relatively strong man (though you can call his endurance into question), he has also learned a great deal about plumbing! Not that it's any use in the apocalypse, another skill he picked up was learning how to talk to people seeing as that's how he rose through the ranks of the Union and had earned a raise for his work.

Weakness:
Thomas despite having a proud family history hasn't lived up to its name, years of no exercise, poor eating habits, and a knack for nicotine has left him physically unfit, while mentally he isn't all there, with the Outbreak causing excessive stress and strain on his mental physique, he is on the verge of a mental breakdown.



Personality: Thomas, while not the most talkative person, isn't afraid to approach people for help or advice if he needs it. He however is prone to long periods of time where he often doesn't talk to anyone around and attempts to isolate himself. He does generally try to be an optimist but most of the time he ends up being very pessimistic of his surroundings.

Likes:
Liquor
Cigarettes
Being safe
Not dying a horrible death
Leading
Purple

Dislikes:
Dying
Being lead
The colour red
Canned food

Fears: Fear of Clowns and Snakes


Bio: (Two paragraphs minimum.) Thomas Bakker was born in Fayetteville, Arkansas, to a Dutch immigrant and a second generation Afrikaner from Namibia. They lived a quite life nothing special was really there. No real drive, his parents seemed stuck where they were and were happy with it. Tom, however, wasn't, he began acting out as he went into his teenage years.

At first his parents didn't think anything of it, just your typical teenage angst but it became more than that and it slowly became progressively worse until he eventually stole a car and went on a joy ride through downtown Fayetteville. After that stunt, his parents took him and left town selling their house and moving to Wyoming.

In Wyoming, Tom was worked non-stop by his father who made life hell for him until the day he turned eighteen, he learned through this experience that hard work and perseverance eventually prevailed though the occasional encouragement from his father helped. And overall by the time he turned eighteen he had become a new person.

The first thing he did after he left his parents house was go to a trade school and became a plumber, easily excelling at his new job. After schooling he found a job luckily(or unluckily) in Chicago and moved there and set up shop. His new job quickly began to earn him large sums of money which he would then use to buy a home in the suburbs. After working for a few years, in July of 2015, Tom went into Chicago to get his Pressured Vessel Tester certification and upon receiving it, walked out to his truck before the attacks began. Leaving him stuck in Chicago with limited supplies and no where to go. He did finally decide that once people began dying off to head off towards the tower that loomed over Chicago...

RP Examples: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=378359

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=387628

DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564

Here's my application, even though it's probably bad because I did it from mobile.
Last edited by Kisinger on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pro: LGBT+, EU, Centrism, among many more
Against: Iran, ISIS, North Korea, SWERF, TERF, Russia, Robert Mugabe, among many more
TG Me, I like talking
G-Tech Corporation is my squishy
http://www.16personalities.com/intp-personality

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Don't you dare take my other 75% orgasm. I'm a greedy womyn, influenced by the cold hard erection of the patriarchy.

"First rule of leadership: everything is your fault." ~ Bug's Life

User avatar
Barapam
Minister
 
Posts: 2239
Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Barapam » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:08 am

Beiarusia wrote:
Monarchy of Japanada wrote:Name: John Wilcock
DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564

While the city wasn't officially quarantined until a week after exposure the National Guard was restricting traffic into and out. The riots would have been the first thing to happen, and the Infected didn't show up until Day 9. That and keep in mind the RP starts on Day 31. I also don't think British is an ethnicity. Truthfully, I'm not a 100% sold but you seem to be a decent writer so I'll give you a chance. ACCEPTED, pending tweaks to the bio.

It's easier to just say British than English-Scottish-Welsh-Irish.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

User avatar
Ontorisa
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8672
Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ontorisa » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:51 am

Kisinger wrote:
Kisinger wrote:
Name: Thomas 'Tom' Bakker
Nationality: American
Ethnicity: Dutch/German/Afrikaaner
Age/DOB: 28 (March 6, 1987)
Pic/Description: 6'3, 210 lbs, blue eyes, blond hair, and a farmers tan. Also he's not really muscular

Occupation: Former Pressure Vessel Inspector/Plumber
Immunity: Immune

Equipment:
  • Backpack
  • Toolbelt
  • Wrench
  • Screwdriver
  • 4 inch (blade extended) pocket knife
  • Bag of deer jerky
  • Package of ritz crackers x 2
  • Bottle of water x 3
  • Long Sleeve Shirt
  • Blue Jeans
  • Hanes underwear
  • Pair of black socks
  • Brown leather boots
  • Gray sweat shirt
  • Brown leather gloves
  • Pack of Marlboro Reds x 2
  • Zippo Lighter
  • Flask of Cheap whiskey







Skills:
Being a Plumber and a Union Representative has granted Thomas a variety of skills, such as being a relatively strong man (though you can call his endurance into question), he has also learned a great deal about plumbing! Not that it's any use in the apocalypse, another skill he picked up was learning how to talk to people seeing as that's how he rose through the ranks of the Union and had earned a raise for his work.

Weakness:
Thomas despite having a proud family history hasn't lived up to its name, years of no exercise, poor eating habits, and a knack for nicotine has left him physically unfit, while mentally he isn't all there, with the Outbreak causing excessive stress and strain on his mental physique, he is on the verge of a mental breakdown.



Personality: Thomas, while not the most talkative person, isn't afraid to approach people for help or advice if he needs it. He however is prone to long periods of time where he often doesn't talk to anyone around and attempts to isolate himself. He does generally try to be an optimist but most of the time he ends up being very pessimistic of his surroundings.

Likes:
Liquor
Cigarettes
Being safe
Not dying a horrible death
Leading
Purple

Dislikes:
Dying
Being lead
The colour red
Canned food

Fears: Fear of Clowns and Snakes


Bio: (Two paragraphs minimum.) Thomas Bakker was born in Fayetteville, Arkansas, to a Dutch immigrant and a second generation Afrikaner from Namibia. They lived a quite life nothing special was really there. No real drive, his parents seemed stuck where they were and were happy with it. Tom, however, wasn't, he began acting out as he went into his teenage years.

At first his parents didn't think anything of it, just your typical teenage angst but it became more than that and it slowly became progressively worse until he eventually stole a car and went on a joy ride through downtown Fayetteville. After that stunt, his parents took him and left town selling their house and moving to Wyoming.

In Wyoming, Tom was worked non-stop by his father who made life hell for him until the day he turned eighteen, he learned through this experience that hard work and perseverance eventually prevailed though the occasional encouragement from his father helped. And overall by the time he turned eighteen he had become a new person.

The first thing he did after he left his parents house was go to a trade school and became a plumber, easily excelling at his new job. After schooling he found a job luckily(or unluckily) in Chicago and moved there and set up shop. His new job quickly began to earn him large sums of money which he would then use to buy a home in the suburbs. After working for a few years, in July of 2015, Tom went into Chicago to get his Pressured Vessel Tester certification and upon receiving it, walked out to his truck before the attacks began. Leaving him stuck in Chicago with limited supplies and no where to go. He did finally decide that once people began dying off to head off towards the tower that loomed over Chicago...

RP Examples: (If you do not have any examples then your BIO will be used instead.)

DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564

Here's my application, even though it's probably bad because I did it from mobile.


Do you have any RP examples?

User avatar
Kisinger
Senator
 
Posts: 3894
Founded: Oct 26, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kisinger » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:03 pm

Ontorisa wrote:
Kisinger wrote:Here's my application, even though it's probably bad because I did it from mobile.


Do you have any RP examples?


Yes and I added them in, muah bad
Pro: LGBT+, EU, Centrism, among many more
Against: Iran, ISIS, North Korea, SWERF, TERF, Russia, Robert Mugabe, among many more
TG Me, I like talking
G-Tech Corporation is my squishy
http://www.16personalities.com/intp-personality

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Don't you dare take my other 75% orgasm. I'm a greedy womyn, influenced by the cold hard erection of the patriarchy.

"First rule of leadership: everything is your fault." ~ Bug's Life

User avatar
Anowa
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17558
Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Anowa » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:57 pm

Hate to be that guy Beia, but when do you think the IC will be ready?
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

User avatar
Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12355
Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:32 pm

Name: James C. Wess
Nationality: American
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Age/DOB: 32, 4/3/1984
Pic/Description: (Normally I hand draw these sorts of things, but I don't feel that creative today, so please bear with me.)

Due to the harsh conditions of his surrounds, James is a thin but muscular man, with an overgrown beard and mustache under a lock of jaw length brown hair. When pulled back into a ponytail to keep out of his face, one might mistake him for some kind of well toned modern viking, forever lost and wandering across the remnants of post outbreak America.

James stands at around six foot tall, when standing fully erect, and tops the scales out at around 170 on a good day. He likes to wear an old school brown bdu cap on his head, with a old pair of aviator style goggles flipped up over the brim to provide eye protection when needed in the harsh environment. Around his neck, an old shemagh that has seen better days sits neatly wrapped around his neck, which James uses for protection against the elements as well as he sees fit.

Across his torso, he wears a heavily faded shirt Wolverine brand shirt that still bears the brands illegible lettering across the back of it. If the weather calls for it, James like to wear his Kitanica Mark IV jacket that offers him protection and warmth all year round in just about any inclement weather condition.

Around his waste, he wears a traditional style battle belt that has enough mall ninja attachments and pouches to carry whatever he needs comfortably well within arms reach, even for extended periods.

His pants are relaxed fit cargo pants, made from heavy duty ripstop canvas, with several patches lovingly hand-sewn into it.

Lastly, a pair of heavily worn tactical boots adorns his feet, complete with steel toe and bottom plate for added protection.

Occupation: College Degree - Mechanical Engineering. However, due to the shitty US economy, he ended up getting a job at the local sporting goods store in the outdoor section.
Immunity: Immune

Equipment:
* On Battle Belt: Gerber Multitool, Gerber Fast Knife, Full IFAK, utility pouch, Day/Night IR Capable monocular, compass in pouch, rechargeable surefire multi lens flashlight, handheld radio, custom subdued holster, spare cylinder holster x4, cartridge box with loaded ammunition.
* Inside Paratus II Assault Pack: Handheld Ceramic Water Filter, Generic Water bladder with extendable hose, K-Bar Tactical Spork, 550 Cord, surplus steel canteen cup, small fold out solar panel for battery recharging, fire starting kit (Zippo, matches, ect ect), Surplus M48 Tomahawk attached to side of bag, ultralight hammock, Bdu poncho liner, reloading kit.
* Modern Trap Door Blackpowder Rifle, with 4x Leupold scope and adjustable sling.
* Antique uncut 455 Webley MkV with several spare cylinders.
Skills:
* Mechanical Aptitude
* Avid bow and rifle hunter, with years of field experience.
* Basic first aid/CPR certified.
* Firearm knowledge
* Bushcraft
* Brawling


Weakness: Short tempered and impatient, which tends to lead to becoming easily irritable in certain situations.

Personality: James is a minor Alpha personality, that tends to come across as arrogant to those who don't know or understand him. He is reclusive, and has for the most part live his life away from others as much as reasonable possible.
Likes: The great outdoors and everything to do with it.
Dislikes: Hipsters and the current generation of self entitled special snowflakes that are ruining the country in his eyes.
Fears: While not necessarily "fearful" in a sense, James does find extreme heights unsettling.

Bio: (Two paragraphs minimum.) Upon graduating college with a degree in mechanical engineering, James expected to find work easily in the booming economy. However, shortly after exiting the American economy tanked, leaving him tens of thousands of dollars in debt and in a field that wasn't in high demand anymore. Needing employment to make ends meet and pay off his debt, James took a job at the local sporting goods store in the outdoor department. While not making the money he expected to be making, James was at least content that he was working in a position that tied into his recreational activities either directly or indirectly.

Over the years, and with the continued decline of American society with no end in sight, James slowly found himself traveling down the path of becoming a survivalist as he slowly started weening himself off of traditionalist lifestyle and more towards one of self reliance. He bought a piece of property on the outskirts of Chicago, and slowly started turning it into a preppers wet dream. He bought his first firearm and joined the local shooting club and started shooting once a month, got CPR and AED certification through the local FD when the class became available, and joined a local like minded support group that allowed him to gain knowledge and skills that other members had already attained.

By the time the outbreak hit, James was already a few steps ahead of the average person and was able to adjust to the situation at hand and not succumb in the riots and chaos that immediately followed by being able to isolate himself for the most part from the rest of society.


RP Examples:
* One
* Two

DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564
Last edited by Paddy O Fernature on Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
Mallorea and Riva should resign
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

User avatar
Elerian
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11395
Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:39 pm

I'll keep an eye on this and maybe app if there are open slots.

User avatar
Monarchy of Japanada
Senator
 
Posts: 3989
Founded: Nov 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:09 pm

If I make another character what are some ideas?

User avatar
Imperial Idaho
Senator
 
Posts: 4066
Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:16 pm

Elerian wrote:I'll keep an eye on this and maybe app if there are open slots.

There are open spots.
I'm from the land of Coeur D'alene Idaho.
By Ballot or by Bullet, the Pub Party will win. The Pub Legacy Edition.
Ifreann wrote:The Romans placated the people with panem et circenses, bread and circuses. We will placate our people with dank space weed and hyper-HD vidya.
New Grestin wrote:> can't even get enough superiority to pull off a proper D-day
> Idaho is tossing out nukes like a cold war Oprah

(Image)
Tysoania wrote:You remind me of a mobster who gets things cleared out of the way.

Next up on the Sopranos...

Imperial "Slick" Idaho, the fixer.
Bralia wrote:Oh my fucking god. Do it again, guys, you both chose the number 7.

User avatar
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10752
Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:20 pm

Imperial Idaho wrote:Name: James Sullivan
DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564

ACCEPTED.


Kisinger wrote:Name: Thomas 'Tom' Bakker
DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564[/spoiler]

Needs a picture or physical description. Otherwise, ACCEPTED.


Paddy O Fernature wrote:Name: James C. Wess
DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564

ACCEPTED, however, if his preparedness makes things too easy expect some terrible misfortunes to occur. Also, how much ammo does he have on hand? Again, too much and expect a bad time.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12355
Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:02 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:Name: James C. Wess
DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564

ACCEPTED, however, if his preparedness makes things too easy expect some terrible misfortunes to occur. Also, how much ammo does he have on hand? Again, too much and expect a bad time.


While some supplies certainly are still viable, consumables are a thing that by this point would be diminishing.

I also think you are overestimating my choice of firearms. As for ammunition, the trapdoor rifle can fit about twenty paper patch bullets in the holder, and one in the rifle. The revolver holds six shots before needing to be reloaded. Meaning that at any given time, I have twenty four rounds of ammo ready to go, less then a single magazine for say a Springfield XDM 9mm, which holds 30+1 standard. I have spare cylinders, as some have been shaved to accept .45acp ammunition, meaning that I can use either 455 or 45 if I happen to come across it. Though using 45 does come with a serious drawback, as it can blow up the gun itself.

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
Mallorea and Riva should resign
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

User avatar
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10752
Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:05 pm

Paddy O Fernature wrote:While some supplies certainly are still viable, consumables are a thing that by this point would be diminishing.

I also think you are overestimating my choice of firearms. As for ammunition, the trapdoor rifle can fit about twenty paper patch bullets in the holder, and one in the rifle. The revolver holds six shots before needing to be reloaded. Meaning that at any given time, I have twenty four rounds of ammo ready to go, less then a single magazine for say a Springfield XDM 9mm, which holds 30+1 standard. I have spare cylinders, as some have been shaved to accept .45acp ammunition, meaning that I can use either 455 or 45 if I happen to come across it. Though using 45 does come with a serious drawback, as it can blow up the gun itself.

I just ask that you not have enough ammo to arm a small country. I don't want you, or anyone for that matter, to think shooting their way out of trouble is a good idea all of the time.

User avatar
Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12355
Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:12 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:While some supplies certainly are still viable, consumables are a thing that by this point would be diminishing.

I also think you are overestimating my choice of firearms. As for ammunition, the trapdoor rifle can fit about twenty paper patch bullets in the holder, and one in the rifle. The revolver holds six shots before needing to be reloaded. Meaning that at any given time, I have twenty four rounds of ammo ready to go, less then a single magazine for say a Springfield XDM 9mm, which holds 30+1 standard. I have spare cylinders, as some have been shaved to accept .45acp ammunition, meaning that I can use either 455 or 45 if I happen to come across it. Though using 45 does come with a serious drawback, as it can blow up the gun itself.

I just ask that you not have enough ammo to arm a small country. I don't want you, or anyone for that matter, to think shooting their way out of trouble is a good idea all of the time.


Yeah.. not going to have enough ammo to arm a small country, but I will be able to realistically reload and manufacture more of what I need as I use it, as it's very easy to make.

Which is why I chose the weapons that I did. :)
Last edited by Paddy O Fernature on Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
Mallorea and Riva should resign
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

User avatar
Ontorisa
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8672
Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ontorisa » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:18 pm

Paddy O Fernature wrote:Yeah.. not going to have enough ammo to arm a small country, but I will be able to realistically reload and manufacture more of what I need as I use it, as it's very easy to make.

Which is why I chose the weapons that I did. :)


Mind helping Beia and the rest of the staff out here by giving us rough estimates? Like his consumption rates and his ability to produce munitions and the amount of time it takes him to do so?

User avatar
Rygondria
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6162
Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:23 pm

Would an ex Italian mobster be acceptable, And i do not mean like a hit man more like this type of guy ( http://a2.img.talkingpointsmemo.com/ima ... 4wnz0a.jpg)

User avatar
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10752
Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:27 pm

Rygondria wrote:Would an ex Italian mobster be acceptable, And i do not mean like a hit man more like this type of guy ( http://a2.img.talkingpointsmemo.com/ima ... 4wnz0a.jpg)

Not sure how active the Italian mob is today but go for it so long as it makes sense.


Paddy O Fernature wrote:Yeah.. not going to have enough ammo to arm a small country, but I will be able to realistically reload and manufacture more of what I need as I use it, as it's very easy to make.

Which is why I chose the weapons that I did. :)

If he can make enough to always be comfortably armed then that's a slight problem. There needs to be some challenge involved, and going into a situation with low ammo is more dramatic than always have some spare bullets to back you up.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads